Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7851 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:55

What a great headline for Pirelli hey? ...

Pirellis 'seem to suit my style a bit more' - Schumacher

Roseberg has never been a front runner, he know nothing about what it takes to win yet.

You can say that after his performances this year?

He had one of the most balanced seasons of all the drivers, if he finished it was as where the car was expected to be or better with 3 podiums to boot.

Edited by cheapracer, 23 November 2010 - 07:58.

Advertisement

#7852 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,755 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:22

You can say that after his performances this year?

He had one of the most balanced seasons of all the drivers, if he finished it was as where the car was expected to be or better with 3 podiums to boot.

winning and consistently doing so is another job
there will be pressure to perform
he is very good but he didn't have any pressure from his team mate for half of the season, he didn't have any pressure to deliver

#7853 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,702 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:33

he is very good but he didn't have any pressure from his team mate for half of the season, he didn't have any pressure to deliver

Maybe Rosberg is so laid back and confident that he was never under pressure, but I don't think he expected pitting himself against a 7xWDC was going to be easy.

#7854 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:17

Maybe Rosberg is so laid back and confident that he was never under pressure, but I don't think he expected pitting himself against a 7xWDC was going to be easy.

i expect hes not so confident about next year after the last few races, if schumachers starts well im wondering if we will see a different rosberg thats error prone

#7855 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:48

Not to take anything from Rosberg, but we can only talk about Rosberg's true potential when he will have a season like Vettel's. This year was very comfortable for Rosberg - no pressure to win and struggling teammate.

But the most important thing that this is Michael's thread :D

#7856 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,373 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:02

Roseberg has never been a front runner, he know nothing about what it takes to win yet.

He has been a front runner and won in plenty of other series. Do you really think it's that much different in F1?

#7857 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:10

He has been a front runner and won in plenty of other series. Do you really think it's that much different in F1?

Yes it is. Obviously I don't know from personal experience, but just by what we've seen in the past Formula 1 is a whole new ball game.

You see many many drivers who have thrashed opponents and won convincingly in other lower formula, come into Formula 1 and crack under the pressure. Look at Lewis Hamilton in his first year. He lost that championship because of the pressure... yet he'd won races and championships before. It takes time and experience of running at the front in Formula 1 to be able to hack it race in race out.

#7858 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,373 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:15

Yes it is. Obviously I don't know from personal experience, but just by what we've seen in the past Formula 1 is a whole new ball game.

You see many many drivers who have thrashed opponents and won convincingly in other lower formula, come into Formula 1 and crack under the pressure. Look at Lewis Hamilton in his first year. He lost that championship because of the pressure... yet he'd won races and championships before. It takes time and experience of running at the front in Formula 1 to be able to hack it race in race out.

Well I disagree that LH cracked, but lets not get into that one. Until NR has a car capable of winning and bottles it, I'll choose to believe he does know how to win.

#7859 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,796 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:25

Schumacher never had pressure from his teammate with his #1 status

Advertisement

#7860 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:27

I don't see how winning is any harder than finishing tenth. You could race your but off every lap of the race and finish tenth, or you could control it to cruise to a win.

The hardest thing in racing is getting the most out of the car. If your car is a winning car and you win, how is that any harder than finishing 15th if that is the best your car is capable of? Both require you to push hard and keep cool. I suppose someone could argue it is the extra pressure of being up front, but pressure is relative. Fighting for your seat every race at the back of the grid can't be any less pressure than fighting for a win. At the front a mistake could cost you a win, while at the back a mistake could cost you your career.

I'm sure almost any of these drivers could be race winners if given the right car. For example, when was the last full time Ferrari or McLaren driver who didn't win at least one race. Chances are it was their first win as well.

In short, give Rosberg a winning car and he will win. He has proven he can bring a car home in a satisfactory position, so why wouldn't he bring a winning car home in first place?

#7861 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,755 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:50

Schumacher never had pressure from his teammate with his #1 status

he has won 7 WDC and came pretty close to winning other 2

he knows what the pressure to be on top looks like. he know what is needed for a car/team/driver combo to be successful.
For Nico if the car is good enough for 3rd, 2nd or 4th it's pretty much the same. up until now at least

#7862 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 14:10

The Driver’s Briefing with Michael
http://www.mercedes-...hael schumacher
If you ask where the drivers are during the race weekend, you are generally given the standard reply: “They’re in a briefing.” Michael explains to us what these ominous-sounding ‘briefings’ involve and the extent to which a modern driver also needs to be something of an engineer.

“Each race weekend starts with a general briefing to review our current situation,” says Michael.

And,can we stop with this Nico BS here? Wrong Thread!!!!!!! I feel bad for Nico, because he don't have even one real fan to start thread about him. But, this thread is not for discussing Nico achievements.

Edited by Buttoneer, 23 November 2010 - 14:19.
Do not quote full articles.

#7863 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,373 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 14:42

The Driver’s Briefing with Michael
http://www.mercedes-...hael schumacher
If you ask where the drivers are during the race weekend, you are generally given the standard reply: “They’re in a briefing.” Michael explains to us what these ominous-sounding ‘briefings’ involve and the extent to which a modern driver also needs to be something of an engineer.

“Each race weekend starts with a general briefing to review our current situation,” says Michael.

And,can we stop with this Nico BS here? Wrong Thread!!!!!!! I feel bad for Nico, because he don't have even one real fan to start thread about him. But, this thread is not for discussing Nico achievements.

Nothing to stop you starting one.

#7864 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 14:54

Nothing to stop you starting one.

And to say what? I am starting this thread, because I want all Nico fans to get out of Michael thread? It is not good starting post. I guess. :)

#7865 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 15:09

Well, one season in for Michael and here's my perspective.

First up, I was a huge Schumacher fan during his first stint in the sport. Unlike a lot of his fans (judging from this thread), since he left I have moved on to another driver. Sorry Michael, you were gone that long that like Helen Hunt in Castaway I'd gone and married the dentist and whilst I've still got a huge soft spot for you I've gone and had a kid (WDC) with that dentist whilst you were gone and I can't give up on that. Rubbish, huh? At least you had the volleyball.

In short hand: mark me down as wanting Schumacher to succed second time round but not being nearly as emotionally invested in it as before. I enjoyed it first time round hugely, and nothing that happened second time round could spoil that. So a relatively dispassionate but definitely friendly/kind observer.

So how did he do? It looked bad the first half of the season. Grim. China was the point that, to me, I realised there was no way we were getting the old Schumi back this time around. If he couldn't conjour even a little bit of magic in those conditions, where he used to excel, the magic was probably gone. The season continued and it carried on looking bleak.

Then things seemed to pick up. He got on or close to Nico's level, even driving better than him on some occasions. He no longer looked like someone in F1 on 70% reputation, 30% talent: he looked like someone who deserved his place there whether he was called Schumacher or Cobblers. And he's ended the season like that.

To me, 2010 has only added to the Schumacher legend. How many drivers could, in the modern era, take 3 years out of the sport (not just out of F1; out of single seat racing), come back at 40+ and be sufficiently competitive to say "this guy deserves his spot on the grid on performance alone"? I am sure to many of Michael's fans, I'm underplaying his season. I am sure to may of his detractors, saying his achievement this year is to "deserve his spot on the grid on performance alone" is damning him with faint praise and it's been a disaster of a season for him. To me, it's a realistic assesment of how he's done relative to where you might hope for a bloke of his age, with his time out, to get to.

That he'll go in to 2011 in with a genuine shout of taking it to Nico and, perhaps, coming out on top is impressive to me. We'll see how it goes. Was the latter third of 2010 really Schumacher finding his feet again in the sport or was it just a fluke? Will changes in the tyres be helpful to him or is blaming 2010 issues on the 2010 Bridgestones just excuse making? We'll find out, I guess.

Still, I expected his 3 year come back to be a 1 year swansong when it was announced. Even more so a third of the way into the season. That he'll be back next season and seemingly in with a chance of beating his team mate: good going, I reckon.

#7866 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 15:21

Very good reasonable post for Michael in 2010. I just sorry that start of the next season is so far away.

#7867 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,755 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 15:31

media, pressure etc on whole different scale
this is the big bussiness, he trained for this years years

#7868 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 18:20

Michael will participate in this weekend Race of Champions(27-28.11.2010 Dusseldorf).

#7869 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:04

Was the latter third of 2010 really Schumacher finding his feet again in the sport or was it just a fluke?

More likely when MGP decided to dump 2010 and improve the car for 2011 mid season it gave him purpose.

#7870 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,508 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:13

I've enjoyed Michael's comeback.

Yes, he hasn't set the world on fire, but so what? It's clear that he is really enjoying himself, everytime the camera finds him he is smiling. Did you see him walking back with Liuzzi after their wreck in Abu Dhabi? Michael is there purely because he loves it, and that is the best reason of all.

Hope he goes well next year. :)

#7871 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:59

For anyone who noticed or remembers... I just remembered I had £100 on Schumacher to win the title this year. I didn't win.

#7872 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,042 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:18

Still, I expected his 3 year come back to be a 1 year swansong when it was announced. Even more so a third of the way into the season. That he'll be back next season and seemingly in with a chance of beating his team mate: good going, I reckon.

Yes, Cobblers is much better than all of us have expected by mid-season! ;)

#7873 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:52

For anyone who noticed or remembers... I just remembered I had £100 on Schumacher to win the title this year. I didn't win.

I'm waiting.

Paypal ok?

#7874 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:55

First up, I was a huge Schumacher fan during his first stint in the sport. Unlike a lot of his fans (judging from this thread), since he left I have moved on to another driver. Sorry Michael, you were gone that long that like Helen Hunt in Castaway I'd gone and married the dentist and whilst I've still got a huge soft spot for you I've gone and had a kid (WDC) with that dentist whilst you were gone and I can't give up on that. Rubbish, huh? At least you had the volleyball.

In short hand: mark me down as wanting Schumacher to succed second time round but not being nearly as emotionally invested in it as before. I enjoyed it first time round hugely, and nothing that happened second time round could spoil that. So a relatively dispassionate but definitely friendly/kind observer.

So how did he do? It looked bad the first half of the season. Grim. China was the point that, to me, I realised there was no way we were getting the old Schumi back this time around. If he couldn't conjour even a little bit of magic in those conditions, where he used to excel, the magic was probably gone. The season continued and it carried on looking bleak.

Then things seemed to pick up. He got on or close to Nico's level, even driving better than him on some occasions. He no longer looked like someone in F1 on 70% reputation, 30% talent: he looked like someone who deserved his place there whether he was called Schumacher or Cobblers. And he's ended the season like that.

To me, 2010 has only added to the Schumacher legend. How many drivers could, in the modern era, take 3 years out of the sport (not just out of F1; out of single seat racing), come back at 40+ and be sufficiently competitive to say "this guy deserves his spot on the grid on performance alone"? I am sure to many of Michael's fans, I'm underplaying his season. I am sure to may of his detractors, saying his achievement this year is to "deserve his spot on the grid on performance alone" is damning him with faint praise and it's been a disaster of a season for him. To me, it's a realistic assesment of how he's done relative to where you might hope for a bloke of his age, with his time out, to get to.

That he'll go in to 2011 in with a genuine shout of taking it to Nico and, perhaps, coming out on top is impressive to me. We'll see how it goes. Was the latter third of 2010 really Schumacher finding his feet again in the sport or was it just a fluke? Will changes in the tyres be helpful to him or is blaming 2010 issues on the 2010 Bridgestones just excuse making? We'll find out, I guess.

:up:

#7875 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,338 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:22

Jenson Button on BBC Q+A

Who is the greatest sportsman of all time?
That's also a tough one because there are so many great sportsmen and sportswomen in their respective disciplines.

I would have to say that Michael Schumacher's dedication to the sport has shown that he is both talented and willing to give everything to be the best.

I'll also say Lance Armstrong because of how many times he has won the Tour de France.

#7876 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 14:51

Schumacher 2010
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
Sure he will be fine.

#7877 pUs

pUs

• 2,543 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:13

he has won 7 WDC and came pretty close to winning other 2

Three, I'd say he came close in 97, 98, 06.. :)

#7878 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:16

I just like to add, even with the car issues, not understanding tyres and generally not being able to get set up solutions in a difficult season return with no testing, that Michael was still able to put in for the car he was in, a good standard of performance at tracks like Monaco, Spain, Spa, Turkey and Suzuka showed that whatever bad things happened to him in 2010 in other gps, to be able to do performances that were actually some of his best in a year on the more important tracks for driver talent wihatever the rules/cars/tyres/, showed not all is lost. If he didn't perform like he did on those tracks, I think his season would of been very bad and I would have had proper doubts, but that didn't happen.

I also think his starts generally, one lap moving and weaving thru the field/making positions/reactions were the best of anyone on lap 1 this year, it's not bad for the older guy on the grid, it's not a big prize, but shows he's on it very early, of cource his last race was his worst lap of the year on the first lap by a huge margin, but overall his whole season showed good racing grit even in times of performance issues.

Edited by SeanValen, 25 November 2010 - 15:21.

#7879 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:21

I just like to add, even with the car issues, not understanding tyres and generally not being able to get set up solutions in a difficult season return with no testing, that Michael was still able to put in for the car he was in, a good standard of performance at tracks like Monaco, Spain, Spa, Turkey and Suzuka showed that whatever bad things happened to him in 2010 in other gps, to be able to do performances that were actually some of his best in a year on the more important tracks for driver talent wihatever the rules/cars/tyres/, showed not all is lost. If he didn't perform like he did on those tracks, I think his season would of been very bad and I would have had proper doubts, but that didn't happen.

I also think his starts generally, one lap moving and weaving thru the field/making positions/reactions were the best of anyone on lap 1 this year, it's not bad for the older guy on the grid, it's not a big prize, but shows he's on it very early, of cource his last race was his worst lap of the year on the first lap by a huge margin, but overall his whole season showed good racing grit even in times of performance issues.

I agree with you . But Don't forget about Spa track :) This season Michael was very good there too :)

Edited by vovelo, 25 November 2010 - 15:22.

Advertisement

#7880 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:22

Three, I'd say he came close in 97, 98, 06.. :)

Four, 99 was his if he didn't broke his legs. It would be like walking in the park. In 99 even Irvine have chance.

#7881 KiloWatt

KiloWatt

• 1,191 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:33

Schumacher 2010
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
Sure he will be fine.

Nice find! Thanks for sharing

#7882 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:44

I agree with you . But Don't forget about Spa track :) This season Michael was very good there too :)

Re-read my post, I menstioned Spa. Spa and MS is like wine with a cork on it. It's almost one entity.

Nice find! Thanks for sharing

Always good to see Brundle changing his tunes.

Edited by SeanValen, 25 November 2010 - 15:46.

#7883 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:50

Testing kilometres 2000 and 2001 by all F1 drivers:
http://img44.imagesh...8355/testcl.jpg
http://img44.imagesh...8726/testal.jpg
Test Fiorano 10/12.03.2000:
http://img44.imagesh...583/testmdj.jpg
Test Fiorano 8/10.06.2000:
http://img832.images...7702/testvx.jpg
Test Fiorano 17/24.07.2000:
http://img641.images...4859/testwv.jpg
Test Mugello 18/20.07.2000:
http://img832.images...3470/testyr.jpg

"FERRARI: TESTING ON TWO FRONTS – (2nd – 92 points)
Ferrari began testing on Monday with Luca Baoder at Fiorano, concentrating on
aerodynamics and engine work while Rubens Barrichello was out at Mugello. Although the
Brazilian was delayed by two routine engine changes he managed on Wednesday to post a
new fastest time of 1m 24.657s for the Ferrari F1-2000. Ferrari will be fielding a brand new
aerodynamic package at Hockenheim and possibly a new, more powerful qualifying engine.
Meanwhile Michael Schumacher went to Fiorano on Thursday where he validated data tests
and results as well as carrying out component tests and eight starts."
Source: http://forum.f1news....c...18&st=37000

I hear a lot of myths about Michael doing endless testing ,when all others didn't , including his team mate? But, it seems this is only rumours and nothing back them? At least Rubens was doing good share of testing. Badoer also.

#7884 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 15:58

Some great posts on here of late,looks like I could pop in here a bit more often during MS' first off-season in four years: look peaceful at the moment.

#7885 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 16:29

I'm waiting.

Paypal ok?

ha... the bet was with a betfair.com, not people on this forum.

#7886 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:24

Re-read my post, I menstioned Spa. Spa and MS is like wine with a cork on it. It's almost one entity.

yeah my mistake :wave:

#7887 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 17:36

I dont want to start a *new* thread becuase we can debate it here , but if Schumacher is successful in 2011 , will that change some nay-sayers point of view of him ?

Will his 2010 season be seen as a one-off if he manages to get podiums, race wins and out-race Rosberg (frequently) in 2011 ??

I don't find it fair that Jackie Stewart gives MS an ultimatum when he says Schumacher HAS to win the title in 2011 or else he will be leaving F1 with with his tail in between his legs ... :down:

Now all depends on the car of course... If Benz is again a mid-field car at best next year without any improvement I don't see Schumacher wasting his time in F1 in 2012 .....

#7888 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,688 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 18:13

I dont want to start a *new* thread becuase we can debate it here , but if Schumacher is successful in 2011 , will that change some nay-sayers point of view of him ?

you know perfectly well that it will not.

#7889 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 19:19

Four, 99 was his if he didn't broke his legs. It would be like walking in the park. In 99 even Irvine have chance.

In 1994 even Damon Hill had a chance, so we can say Michael would not have won that one at all.

#7890 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,688 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 19:23

In 1994 even Damon Hill had a chance, so we can say Michael would not have won that one at all.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#7891 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 19:26

Will his 2010 season be seen as a one-off if he manages to get podiums, race wins and out-race Rosberg (frequently) in 2011 ??

I don't find it fair that Jackie Stewart gives MS an ultimatum when he says Schumacher HAS to win the title in 2011 or else he will be leaving F1 with with his tail in between his legs ... :down:

Now all depends on the car of course... If Benz is again a mid-field car at best next year without any improvement I don't see Schumacher wasting his time in F1 in 2012 .....

IF Nico beats Michael AGAIN in terms of performance, like he did this year, will you change your opinion on Michael? You will accept that Michael is the most overrated driver in history? Michael at his peak was a good driver, much like Nico is.

Do you realize that Rubens is 39 years old and is performing in a very mucch higher level than Michael so this "old dude" excuse is BS?

#7892 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,688 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 19:35

IF Nico beats Michael AGAIN in terms of performance, like he did this year, will you change your opinion on Michael? You will accept that Michael is the most overrated driver in history? Michael at his peak was a good driver, much like Nico is.

Do you realize that Rubens is 39 years old and is performing in a very mucch higher level than Michael so this "old dude" excuse is BS?

LOL permit me to quote myself:

you know perfectly well that I(we) will not.

but I certainly understand that you had a feast this season, it even may be possible you will have one next year too. In a way, you deserve it: you had more than a decade of suckouts. But that is exactly why I(we) am not changing my opinion. That decade with 7 titles. The guy has nothing to prove to me certainly. On the other hand Barrichello still has to prove himself, with nothing to show for the same decade, or more, not to speak of last year, when in hindsight, he pulled a Webber.

bye.

Edited by Szoelloe, 27 November 2010 - 19:37.

#7893 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 19:58

i expect hes not so confident about next year after the last few races, if schumachers starts well im wondering if we will see a different rosberg thats error prone

You're hoping Rosberg becomes error prone?

I'm just wondering if the best option would be to say that Rosberg might just be an outstanding talent and Schumi is slightly over the hill now, i dont expect to see Shumi outperforming Rosberg on a regularly basis, the car didnt suit Rosberg either

#7894 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 20:22

You're hoping Rosberg becomes error prone?

im not hoping anything... but schumacher was still improving at the end of the season which was clearly shown on the live timing if this trend carries on at the start of the 2011 season im just wondering what will happen with nico when the pressure is on

#7895 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,702 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 00:59

Posts deleted.

This thread is NOT out of bounds to anyone. It is for the discussion of Michael Schumacher so both negative and positive comments are welcome.

Trolling is completely unacceptable and posters should not expect to be able to call others names. If you consider that another poster is trolling, please report them and do not respond.

(edited for typo)

#7896 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:12

Stewart didn't like it when MS was winning, I remember him back in 2003 or 2004 saying stuff "you shouldn't be greedy". If Michael was getting titles with ferrari and was on a roll, is he going to listen to a former champion telling him what to do with his life. Stewart I respect for his era and what he did, but as a old guy now I just see perhaps some bitterness and perhaps a bit of envy that Michael has enjoyed a long time in the sport and just when you thought he was gone, he's back and the thought of him winning again just isn't iwhat he wants to watch. There's a few people who just don't want to see Michael at the top again and then there's loads who wanna see just that, no one is ever totally pleased with whatever MS is doing. MS is a motorsport legend and is still living, the fact that he's done everything, got everything and still wants to do what he's done most of his life, it just is well unique and a special treat/in a way some people just don't wanna accept he might be kicking ass again, the thought of him doing Schumi leaps again against a younger generation, it's just well against anything anyone would of thought about him and f1 before 2010, and that's the thing, if he does mount a challenge, his most unique wins and possible title 8 would be much sweeter now then ever before simply for proving the doubters wrong again and it wouldn't be a first time for him.

I think Prost's recent comments are cool, that what Michael is doing now is something only Michael could be doing in current f1, return after 3 years. But the goal of the title is something difficult, but because Michael has won so many, it's expected of him and he talks it up, people forget it took a few seasons to win with benetton and ferrari, he didn't just enter a new team and win a title straight away, he built something up with a team. Now he's returned after 3 years with a new team, he's never left the sport and returned before in a totally new environment and era, can't compare this with any previous Schuey season, it's new territory and let's see what happens.

Edited by SeanValen, 28 November 2010 - 04:35.

#7897 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:30

Germany wins Nations' Cup again at ROC
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/88515

The best-of-three final came down to a decisive race between Priaulx and Schumacher in buggies after the German had beaten Plato and the Channel Islander had seen off Vettel in the first two parts.
There was just 0.06 seconds splitting Priaulx and Schumacher after the first lap of the showdown, but Schumacher pulled out a crucial margin on the final run to the flag, clinching victory by 0.6s in the end.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

#7898 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:30

I hear a lot of myths about Michael doing endless testing ,when all others didn't , including his team mate? But, it seems this is only rumours and nothing back them? At least Rubens was doing good share of testing. Badoer also.

It is only a little period of his carrier, but it also means he easily beat Bari despite the less exercise/test

#7899 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:32

It is also not a serious man who takes seriously Stewart :)

Fingers cross for MS in today's race, and congrats for the team title!

Advertisement

#7900 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:16

Do you realize that Rubens is 39 years old and is performing in a very much higher level than Michael so this "old dude" excuse is BS?

Overrated drivers are ones that get might get "lucky" on a number of occasions through others misfortunes and end up with great results that are questionable based on relative factors, no driver gets 2, 3 or 4 WDC's and can still carry the title "overrated" let alone 7 WDC's.

You have a massive fundemental lack of understanding about motorsports and what it takes to win but 1 Grand Prix on your own convictions let alone 2 or 3, more than 10 is pretty special and up to or over 20 GP's is a title held by only a handful of the very best ever but to win 92 GP's and 7 WDC's is of a domination, relatively speaking, held by very few sports people in the entire history of the world. He has the most staggering figure of winning 10% of everything in the entire History of Grand Prix racing and even if you took away half of all Schumacher's records, he still ranks in a close second place behind Prost.

The Rubens comment really doesn't help your cause besides the irrelevance that is Schumacher 9th and Rubens 10th in the WDC.