Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#8051 Beyond

Beyond

• 375 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:43

The 'active' F-Duct is banned for 2011, but the version Mercedes ran will still be available for the teams.

really? can you post something about that? i dont remember anything about passive fduct being regular

Advertisement

#8052 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:48

Isn't KERS comming back in 2011 as well? ... Poor Schumacher ,... I wonder if he can handle that ...

But on the other hand, he then already has an new excuse for 2011 already ready. "I never drove with KERS before ... so I am not so good at it.... "

:rotfl: And that while he isn't ready with making up stuff to explain why he failed in 2010 so bigtime ..... :up:

#8053 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:49

Stop trolling please. :rolleyes: Or did you suddenly forget to speak German? :lol:

"Eine Woche später bekomme ich vom Team die Analyse: Mein Teamkollege konnte mehr Frontflügel geben, sodass wir am Ende fünf Grad auseinander lagen. Das ist in der Formel 1 eine Welt."

"My teammate could apply more wing, and in the end there was a 5 degree difference between us.In Formula One, that's a world"

The English translations of the interview posted from the other sits are pretty inaccurate.

Sorry, did not read the German original. That makes things different. :up:

#8054 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:50

Well, according to this article from late June: http://www.auto-moto...er-1913867.html

Mercedes used a sort of cartridge inside the rear wing which contained gills. These gills detected wheter the air flow came from the front and how high the air pressure was. During a certain constellation, the air on the rear part of the wing would have been canceled, which would break the air flow.

Apparently McLaren also used the same system from Monaco 2009 onwards.

#8055 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:55

As Michael said before cars were not the same. Norbert confirm. What more can be said here? All year situation in the team was fishy. Congratulation to Nico for having the better car. It is nice I guess to have 5 degree more in the FW and your Fduct to work where it should. Then you can have less under steer? I guess. OK, 2010 finish, lets enjoy 2011. I am happy Michael said what type of problems he have in his car, we wonder about it all year.

This reads like Michael has been sabotaged by his own team, also thinking of the team orders. Yet it does not add up, why would they pay millions to Michael only to sabotage him then? Something is just not right, and I wonder where this lack of coherence is coming from...

#8056 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,824 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:14

really? can you post something about that? i dont remember anything about passive fduct being regular

This was Brundle commentating on the BBC. He maintained that driver controlled F-ducts would be out but that teams could still employ the passive systems. I can't find anything written so it could be wrong - I'll avoid claiming it as 'fact' anyway.

#8057 baddog

baddog

• 23,524 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:20

Stop trolling please. :rolleyes: Or did you suddenly forget to speak German? :lol:

"Eine Woche später bekomme ich vom Team die Analyse: Mein Teamkollege konnte mehr Frontflügel geben, sodass wir am Ende fünf Grad auseinander lagen. Das ist in der Formel 1 eine Welt."

"My teammate could apply more wing, and in the end there was a 5 degree difference between us.In Formula One, that's a world"

The English translations of the interview posted from the other sits are pretty inaccurate.

Okay that makes more sense, but makes it kind of worse.. Nico had, for some reason, 5 degrees more in-cockpit adjustment available to the wing? What kind of shonky operation are they running up there?

#8058 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:23

This was Brundle commentating on the BBC. He maintained that driver controlled F-ducts would be out but that teams could still employ the passive systems. I can't find anything written so it could be wrong - I'll avoid claiming it as 'fact' anyway.

"We don't have the F-duct next year, which is a bit sad because we have a great system," Button said during a McLaren webchat.

#8059 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:33

Isn't KERS comming back in 2011 as well? ... Poor Schumacher ,... I wonder if he can handle that ...

But on the other hand, he then already has an new excuse for 2011 already ready. "I never drove with KERS before ... so I am not so good at it.... "

:rotfl: And that while he isn't ready with making up stuff to explain why he failed in 2010 so bigtime ..... :up:

I think his team mate never drove KERS also? In Williams 2009? I am surprised that McLaren are testing new car on Simulator already and using KERS too. I hope Mercedes can do this too.

Edited by ivand911, 03 December 2010 - 11:36.

Advertisement

#8060 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:43

I think his team mate never drove KERS also? In Williams 2009? I am surprised that McLaren are testing new car on Simulator already and using KERS too. I hope Mercedes can do this too.

I think they can't. Their sim is is the most advance of all still, I think.

#8061 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:45

Must read: http://translate.goo...=...l=&ie=UTF-8

:)

Yes. Ha told things what we thought, but were not officialy confirmed.

I'm sure, if the Merc build a good car to next season, Schumi will fight for his 8th title. He will handle Rosberg easily.

#8062 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,292 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:52

Ah well let's see what 2011 will bring.

But i know one thing for sure and that is that Michael is no whiner. If there was something wrong at Ferrari they always handled it behind the screens, he never let his team down in public. And when he did say something harsh (like bridgestone 2005) there was a very very good reason for it.

Michael isn't the type to go and whine about things, he instead prefers to solve them together in a good way.

Edited by carbonfibre, 03 December 2010 - 11:52.

#8063 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:57

Every year with Michael in F1 is the best. I am ready with my tickets for Turkey 2011. 30 euro for General Admission. Happy,happy,happy.

#8064 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:00

This reads like Michael has been sabotaged by his own team, also thinking of the team orders. Yet it does not add up, why would they pay millions to Michael only to sabotage him then? Something is just not right, and I wonder where this lack of coherence is coming from...

Okay that makes more sense, but makes it kind of worse.. Nico had, for some reason, 5 degrees more in-cockpit adjustment available to the wing? What kind of shonky operation are they running up there?

Ah well let's see what 2011 will bring.

But i know one thing for sure and that is that Michael is no whiner. If there was something wrong at Ferrari they always handled it behind the screens, he never let his team down in public. And when he did say something harsh (like bridgestone 2005) there was a very very good reason for it.

Michael isn't the type to go and whine about things, he instead prefers to solve them together in a good way.

Michael certainly is no whiner, which makes the whole thing even more mysterious to me. How could Ross, who was a 100% Schumacher man back at Benetton and Ferrari let Michael down to that extent? Are there unseen forces, uncontrollable forces within the team that work against Schumacher? Haug states he stands by Michael, Zetsche says he stands by Michael, but for some reason Rosberg seems to get different (better) car possibilities and better team strategies than Michael, and Michael with all his experience and all his political clout can´t help himself?!

#8065 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:09

With all respect, I´d have thought that an old gun like Schumacher would have spotted the five degree difference in the front wing. How did Rosberg get it right and Schumacher get it wrong? Even if Schumacher´s engineers got it wrong, does Michael not have enough experience (isn´t it the same guy who started in F1 in 1991?) to find that out and ask the engineers to change it?

are you serious ? Mercedes engineer found this problem after ONE WEEK. And you think Schumacher can found this problem in race ? ...

#8066 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:13

are you serious ? Mercedes engineer found this problem after ONE WEEK. And you think Schumacher can found this problem in race ? ...

Just go to read on, post 8054.

#8067 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,796 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 13:52

Excuse me but wasn´t Schumaher much slower than Rosberg long time before
Mercedes even got a F-duct? :drunk:

#8068 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 13:57

we all excuse you mate

#8069 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 14:36

I have never heard this Michael Schumacher story before :

Why James Courtney owes life to Michael Schumacher

MICHAEL Schumacher looked down at the young Australian and saw blood coming from his eyes, nose, ears and mouth.

There was little left of the Aussie's Formula One car - the wing, floor, engine and gearbox had broken off before he hit the wall at 306km/h.By the time the car had bounced back and stopped about 80m away from the wall, all that was left were a few pieces of carbon fibre wrapped around a body that refused to move.

"I just remember someone yelling at me," would-be V8 Supercar champion James Courtney recalled. "I looked up and it was Michael Schumacher."

The man regarded as the best Formula One driver in history, a legend in every language, pulled Courtney from a potentially deadly situation in Monza, Italy.As fuel cells threatened to mix with smouldering metal and rubber, the German reached out and offered his hand. "It was pretty surreal having a five-time champion there," Courtney said.

Schumacher approached the wreck with his heart in his mouth.Officials banned photographers from the scene, fearing the worst.
"Everyone had to stop but Schumacher made it on to the scene. He was the first there. He tried to make sure everything was OK."

"I was doing 330km/h in top gear and I got on the brake," Courtney said. "The rear suspension failed and it pulled the rear wishbone out of the gearbox."A wheel was off the ground and I hit the wall."The force of the impact knocked Courtney out. As he came to, he had no idea what had happened. But panic set in when he tried to move."I was paralysed on the right side of my body and I was freaking out," Courtney said.

"Officials were talking to me in Italian, so Schumacher was the only one I could get any sense from."....

http://www.dailytele...r-1225965341058

Edited by merschu, 03 December 2010 - 14:38.

#8070 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,117 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 16:01

So then maybe my best driver is the most overrated driver in history then....;)

:lol:

Too late! :D

#8071 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 16:06

They are a bit short of money/time/manpower to update both cars at once and Rosberg was always ahead in the points so he gets the preference on updates and needed to challenge/stay ahead Massa and Kubica - I have no problem with teams selecting the more important guy in the standings which happened to be Rosberg this year.

Mind you if it's the reverse next year watch the bitch's nails come out :lol:

#8072 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 16:18

I have never heard this Michael Schumacher story before :

Why James Courtney owes life to Michael Schumacher

Kudo's to any man from Schumacher to an unnamed Flag Marshall that risks his own safety in those situations.

I had never heard it before either.

Edited by cheapracer, 03 December 2010 - 16:20.

#8073 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 16:36

He is still good enough to run the second seat at Mercedes.

Not really. That would be Rosberg. Mercedes would need a proper driver as their leading man like Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso. MS on the other hand shouldn't be nowhere near F1 anymore and he wouldn't if it was not for the past glories.

#8074 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 17:18

Bought the print AMuS today with the full interview and I believe it is one of the best I´ve ever read as he gave a great view what happened at times during the season.

For example he was asked if he had some kind of animosity turn this year (related to the slow corner issue) and first he says no, then he brings up turn 13 at China (which leads to the long straight). He says he got almost desperate with that corner. Later they detected that the chassis was demolished and afterwards he still asked himself "What went wrong at turn 13, was it my fault or the fault of the car?".

He also says that they had huge problems in the first 4 races with the weight distribution (too much front weight), which was even worse for him as he was some 5 kg heavier than Nico at the time. He could not overcome that deficiency with different springs or anti-roll bars. He used the hardest springs and anti-roll bars at the rear to minimize the understeering but that was still not enough hard enough. After Barcelona there was a bigger setup range available.

Another example

Istanbul; qualifying: "I was 2,3 tenth behind Nico all the time. No reason to worry as we were on the right side of the setup development. I just got into Q3, asking for the same tyre again and suddenly I´m half a second faster and also faster than Nico. Why? I don´t know. I did nothing different, maybe I got a good set of tyres. There was a difference in tyre quality from set to set. I can´t sayprecisely why I was at a disadvantage in comparison to Nico or why I was in front of him sometimes or why things got better latter during the year again.
There was only one situation (in qualifying) this year where I can definitely say that I was not up to it and that was the Bahrain qualifying, where I felt a bit rusty."

How harmful was the 3 year break for you

"You can´t put that away. I´ve tested for Ferrari 2 times during the break. The point is: When I sat in the car for the first time again this year, everybody said: He´s as good as he ever was. That´s bullshit and impossible. Maybe for a lap but one simply lacks the constancy after such a break. The refinement is not there anymore. We´re talking about the best drivers in the world here."

Edited by Urawa, 03 December 2010 - 17:28.

#8075 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 17:24

thx Urawa

#8076 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 18:06

Many Thanks Urawa for your effrots ! :up:

Any chance for full interview in english language ? :)

Edited by vovelo, 03 December 2010 - 18:07.

#8077 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 19:14

I think Urawa give us the most important bits of information from this article. Thanks. I think other bits we have from internet AMuS article? I remember at the beginning of the season we discuss weight difference between drivers. We were right then. 5kg is a big difference, especially if you want to move weight to the rear.

Edited by ivand911, 03 December 2010 - 19:21.

#8078 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 19:21

I´ll try to translate the whole interview during the weekend but I can´t promise that.
It´s true, the most important parts were already in the press anyway.

#8079 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 19:33

If there is other examples we would like to read about them. Examples for China and Turkey were great. I am happy that Michael open his mouth to give us some insight for the season/races and we to see who was right in our discussions. This is what we wanted all year? Right? More information.

Advertisement

#8080 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 00:04

This is what we wanted all year? Right? More information.

I though you wanted him winning, not whinning. :o

#8081 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:10

I see enough winning by Michael. I want him in F1, everything else is just bonus. I doubt anyone can win in W01? But, why not to blame Michael for this? Still he have chance in Australia if he didn't get hit in first corner. Button and Kubica were behind him at that moment.

#8082 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:48

worthy of Ron Dennis

#8083 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,075 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:20

I said it mid-season and I'll say it again... Sabotage
Yes, Jock and Andrew, I'm looking at you two..

#8084 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:23

Do we have firm confirmation ,who is Michael next racing engineer? There was rumour about Petrov race engineer, but I don't remember official confirmation.

#8085 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:57

Do we have firm confirmation ,who is Michael next racing engineer? There was rumour about Petrov race engineer, but I don't remember official confirmation.

Confirmed months ago. Mark Slade, Renault/Mc

#8086 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 13:31

Not really. That would be Rosberg. Mercedes would need a proper driver as their leading man like Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso. MS on the other hand shouldn't be nowhere near F1 anymore and he wouldn't if it was not for the past glories.

Hope this helps, you should find something there to save you time on your posts ....

time saver

Edited by cheapracer, 04 December 2010 - 14:25.

#8087 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 14:24

"I feel we can make a big step in the direction of winning races - there can only be one goal.."

Schumacher interviewed at ROC trophy presentation.

#8088 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 15:09

Hope this helps, you should find something there to save you time on your posts ....

time saver

MOUHAHAH, that's a good one.

#8089 prty

prty

• 5,164 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 16:45

Apparently this is the first video of his motorbike crash:

http://www.laverdad....o-20101205.html

#8090 Kimble

Kimble

• 375 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 17:02

Strange crash, bike didn't seem to slow down for the corner.

#8091 bsoares

bsoares

• 75 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 17:08

Strange crash, bike didn't seem to slow down for the corner.

I'm stuck with a nearly 56kb internet connection, so I could only see the video once. For some reason I can't play it back again. :confused:
But for what I could see I think he was carrying too much speed into that corner.
It was a very nasty crash.

#8092 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 17:13

Sick :eek:

#8093 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 18:57

Wooow. It is a miracle that he is in one piece...

#8094 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:33

Michael in Zürich.
http://www.blick.ch/...zufahren-162077
http://i13.fastpic.r...3f17576403.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...d0423b1df2.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...56d40218d0.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...2946de0566.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...c4cd785075.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...25528663e5.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...3ca1b2b6ac.jpeg
http://ch.tilllate.c...iew/10371257#p1
ROC
http://i13.fastpic.r...5a87d31454e.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...ff262300e0d.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...c08a288537d.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...164da74d3df.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...68c8b10afd4.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...1cc29c87992.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...9d254ca42b2.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...a0a349b7136.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...9652670ccb1.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...1ef1fb7513f.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...2886d89cec7.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...334227316f2.jpg
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
All Champions:
http://i13.fastpic.r...8be54cdc230.jpg

Edited by ivand911, 06 December 2010 - 12:36.

#8095 Beyond

Beyond

• 375 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 13:55

guys do you want to read some good articles the italian media used to write down all year long against michael?

have fun and enjoy this one, it's from the most read paper in italy... and it was often the same with tv too :D
Repubblica

here's a fast translation

Schumacher, too many provocations... Ferrari is his target
First the words about the relief of being able to speak german again, then the red mercedes advert, now the red helmet he used back then and the promises of staying with the german team for life. there's some resentment between him and the scuderia.

Something happened. Something bad between ferrari and schumacher. yes, because those nonstop provocations that schumacher is making can't be casual. First he announces he will drive for mercedes, saying it's good to speak german again, then he shoots a spot
driving a red mercedes sls amg, now he decides to use the ferrari helmet, the red one with the stars of his seven wdc. the colors of schumi's helmet, infact, were really different: blue up, white down and the middle with the german flag. Only in 2000 he changed to the red one to demonstrate his loyalty to ferrari, using the scuderia's color. And that's not all: schumi revealed to bild that "a part of my heart will always be red", but after a moment he also said that "even a part of my garage will be red, i have my last f1 car from 2006, in perfect order, and i won't lose it for sure..."
Schumacher admitted he already got a mercedes car, a c63 sw: "i need some place for my dog", he says... and he even had a dig at massa, compared to that "roadside post" of his brother ralf: "i'm a fan of felipe, he's like a brother to me, no problem to me having him as opponent, i already raced against my brother in the past..."
To prove that something happened between ferrari and schumi, comes montezemolo, who said at the presentation of the new f10: "that mercedes spot was of bad taste: red is our color"

priceless XD
unfortunately that's the current level of the italian journalists...
they wrote this all year long, if i'm not mistaken this paper gave him 3 as season vote

Edited by Beyond, 06 December 2010 - 13:57.

#8096 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 14:12

I think Italian journalists need to grown up. Lets focus on new Scuderia drivers. I don't know what is their problem? Michael give them 5 titles and they pay him millions. Fair deal if you ask me. Michael was big part of what is Ferrari today.

#8097 valachus

valachus

• 1,073 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 14:25

Whoa!! Looks like brake failure at full speed, it's no way he missed the braking point so badly!!!

#8098 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:12

Michael in Zürich.
http://www.blick.ch/...zufahren-162077
http://i13.fastpic.r...3f17576403.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...d0423b1df2.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...56d40218d0.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...2946de0566.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...c4cd785075.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...25528663e5.jpeg
http://i13.fastpic.r...3ca1b2b6ac.jpeg
http://ch.tilllate.c...iew/10371257#p1
ROC
http://i13.fastpic.r...5a87d31454e.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...ff262300e0d.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...c08a288537d.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...164da74d3df.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...68c8b10afd4.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...1cc29c87992.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...9d254ca42b2.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...a0a349b7136.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...9652670ccb1.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...1ef1fb7513f.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...2886d89cec7.jpg
http://i13.fastpic.r...334227316f2.jpg
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
All Champions:
http://i13.fastpic.r...8be54cdc230.jpg

thanxs Ivand911 !

too bad I cannot understand German :cry: The only thing I understood was the ''Pirelli test went good'' part of the interview ...

Anybody here could give us a rundown of what was said ??

-))

I'm so freakin happy seing Schumacher back in F1 as a driver :up:

Schumacher is the best :up:

#8099 Asconte

Asconte

• 57 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:12

I think Italian journalists need to grown up. Lets focus on new Scuderia drivers. I don't know what is their problem? Michael give them 5 titles and they pay him millions. Fair deal if you ask me. Michael was big part of what is Ferrari today.

I would rather think that Michael was big part of what Ferrari was in days of glory. Today Alonso needs to make his own nest. Ferrari is not up there, which is probably why Italy is not taking it all very rationally. First World Cup debacle, and now this. Country could use now a few miracles.

Edited by Asconte, 06 December 2010 - 16:15.

Advertisement

#8100 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:25

@ScarbsF1 - This was a source of ongoing frustration all year! The wishbones were regularly torched by the exhaust plume on one car only...

http://twitter.com/H...846330255147008

Hmm.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Spa95, 06 December 2010 - 18:26.