Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#8251 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,395 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 19:49

.... did you even read my post ?
the steering on the benneton seems broken before he is at the corner watch how he rapidly moves the steering wheel and the car barely turns... yet aparently the cars steering suddenly works fine and he rams hill? people only see the few seconds in the clip where schumachers moving the steering wheel full lock ands assume hes ramming when its obvious the steering is barely working if u take notice of the whole clip

Doesn't tie in with Schumachers excuse that he was trying to defend the corner. He never mentioned the steering not working, so revisionist excuses won't work.

Advertisement

#8252 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:39

Michael Schumacher and Mika Häkkinen in a ad for Mercedes:

Nice :up:

Look forward to seeing how MS gets on in 2011. Will be a hot topic no doubt

#8253 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:46

Not sure how that in anyway excuses what MS did, but hindsight is a marvelous thing.

Doesn't tie in with Schumachers excuse that he was trying to defend the corner. rk.

A a partial lit of Schumacher's dirty deeds....

Britain 1994:

Australia 1994:
Crashed into Damon Hill to ensure victory in the 1994 WDC!
Schumacher turned in on the Williams, putting both cars out of the race and sealing his first world title.

Schumacher was in front and not only defended his line but was actually on his racing line, crashed into him or not isn't relevant, he was in front and is allowed to defend his position as hard as he wants too, the impetuous Hill took a chance and that chance failed when the door got (legally) closed on him. It was listed as a racing incident by the FIA luckily for Hill. (amusing that when Schumacher did the same thing to Senna that then it was clearly Schumacher's fault stated by the same people who say it wasn't Hill's fault).

If you believe that Schumacher doesn't have the right to defend his position and line while he is in front, please feel free to say so against the rules of motor racing and look like complete twits.

To quote that Schumacher did this to win the 1994 WDC is to be totally ignorant of the 1994 season in it's entirety (or convenience if you're anti MS) - I remind you that Hill had no chance at all of the WDC had it not been for very questionable and un-precedented 4 non-races for Schumacher, Hill had no hope (MS finished 2nd Britain and 1st in Spa on the road for example and it's reasonable to assume he would be top 3 in at least one of the other 2 races giving a reasonable guess'timate of some 20+points lost).

Britain 1994:
Disqualified and banned for two races after failing to take his stop-go penalty for overtaking on the warm-up lap.

He did take his 'stop and go' you liar, possibly you didn't even watch the race and are trolling based on a bit of biased Googling? By the way, Wiki can be edited by anyone and often is to suit one's own agenda. Schumacher's page is edited and vandalisd so often it's not a good guide at all http://en.wikipedia....;action=history

The bottom line is that Hill in no way won the 1994 WDC, on track or morally and all this rubbish is about Hill fans desperately trying to dismiss Schumacher an everyway they can to justify Hill's shit 1994 performance (I actually like and respect Hill by the way). Schumacher/Benneton won 6 of 7 of races and then arrived at Britain..... here try some non pro Hill commentators for the race;
http://v.youku.com/v...MzMTg4MjM2.html
And don't forget to compare the Benneton's alleged LC quipped car to the Williams :rolleyes:

Edited by cheapracer, 27 December 2010 - 05:17.

#8254 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,048 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 23:36

hahaha, the look on Michael's face is priceless!

:up:

Indeed! Hopefully this does not foreshadow the 2011 season.... :lol:

At least it ties in with Ecclestones´ watch advertisement where Bernie is beaten black and blue. Didn´t know Michael was capable of the same self-irony...

Edited by aditya-now, 27 December 2010 - 23:37.

#8255 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:15

hahaha, the look on Michael's face is priceless!

He deserve Oscar for his acting performance: "And the Oscar goes to Michael Schumacher for Sunday driver" :rotfl:

#8256 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,395 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 00:19

Schumacher was in front and not only defended his line but was actually on his racing line, crashed into him or not isn't relevant, he was in front and is allowed to defend his position as hard as he wants too, the impetuous Hill took a chance and that chance failed when the door got (legally) closed on him. It was listed as a racing incident by the FIA luckily for Hill. (amusing that when Schumacher did the same thing to Senna that then it was clearly Schumacher's fault stated by the same people who say it wasn't Hill's fault).

If you believe that Schumacher doesn't have the right to defend his position and line while he is in front, please feel free to say so against the rules of motor racing and look like complete twits.

To quote that Schumacher did this to win the 1994 WDC is to be totally ignorant of the 1994 season in it's entirety (or convenience if you're anti MS) - I remind you that Hill had no chance at all of the WDC had it not been for very questionable and un-precedented 4 non-races for Schumacher, Hill had no hope (MS finished 2nd Britain and 1st in Spa on the road for example and it's reasonable to assume he would be top 3 in at least one of the other 2 races giving a reasonable guess'timate of some 20+points lost).

He did take his 'stop and go' you liar, possibly you didn't even watch the race and are trolling based on a bit of biased Googling? By the way, Wiki can be edited by anyone and often is to suit one's own agenda. Schumacher's page is edited and vandalisd so often it's not a good guide at all http://en.wikipedia....;action=history

The bottom line is that Hill in no way won the 1994 WDC, on track or morally and all this rubbish is about Hill fans desperately trying to dismiss Schumacher an everyway they can to justify Hill's shit 1994 performance (I actually like and respect Hill by the way). Schumacher/Benneton won 6 of 7 of races and then arrived at Britain..... here try some non pro Hill commentators for the race;
http://v.youku.com/v...MzMTg4MjM2.html
And don't forget to compare the Benneton's alleged LC quipped car to the Williams :rolleyes:

How Hill came to be in contention is totally and utterly irrelevant.

I'm quite happy for a driver to defend his line, but AFAIC that is not what happened. Schumacher had just crashed his car, it was crippled and he knew it. The only thing he could do to win the WDC was to take out his opponent and that's exactly what he did in a completely deliberate act. I thought that when watching it live, and I've seen nothing to change my mind from the numerous replays. The fact that the FIA failed to act was an utter disgrace, and was compounded by the non-punishment they issued in 97. I still believe they would have done nothing had JV not been able to finish the race.

#8257 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,247 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 00:43

I'm quite happy for a driver to defend his line, but AFAIC that is not what happened. Schumacher had just crashed his car, it was crippled and he knew it. The only thing he could do to win the WDC was to take out his opponent and that's exactly what he did in a completely deliberate act. I thought that when watching it live, and I've seen nothing to change my mind from the numerous replays. The fact that the FIA failed to act was an utter disgrace, and was compounded by the non-punishment they issued in 97. I still believe they would have done nothing had JV not been able to finish the race.

Perhaps you should take note of Hill's position when he attempts to dive inside Schumacher. He's got only one wheel on the track. There was never, ever a gap there and it's unfair to blame Michael for this, especially when he's already admitted he made a mistake in Jerez. Why keep Mum on Adelaide? The real disgrace was their conduct in previous races, and taking any further action against Schumacher would have exposed them to allegations of a witch hunt. Thus, when they should have taken action, they didn't, and when there was no action to take, they tried to ban him. Schumacher's pulled some silly stuff in his time, but when you look at Britain 1994 and Monaco 2010, he's also been on the receiving end of some incredibly shit officiating.

#8258 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,395 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 00:59

Perhaps you should take note of Hill's position when he attempts to dive inside Schumacher. He's got only one wheel on the track. There was never, ever a gap there and it's unfair to blame Michael for this, especially when he's already admitted he made a mistake in Jerez. Why keep Mum on Adelaide? The real disgrace was their conduct in previous races, and taking any further action against Schumacher would have exposed them to allegations of a witch hunt. Thus, when they should have taken action, they didn't, and when there was no action to take, they tried to ban him. Schumacher's pulled some silly stuff in his time, but when you look at Britain 1994 and Monaco 2010, he's also been on the receiving end of some incredibly shit officiating.

He only admitted Jerez because the attempt failed, and even then he initially denied it. It's pretty obvious why he would keep quite about Oz. Many drivers have been on the end of crap officiating, but that's a different argument and does not constitute a valid excuse for deliberately crashing into your opponent.

#8259 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:30

He only admitted Jerez because the attempt failed, and even then he initially denied it. It's pretty obvious why he would keep quite about Oz. Many drivers have been on the end of crap officiating, but that's a different argument and does not constitute a valid excuse for deliberately crashing into your opponent.

oz is not a ram attempt watch the video... you cant relate steering wheel movement to the cars turning something is broken after the wall look at the rapid wheel movement and barely anything is happening with the front wheels then when the car comes to the corner it doesnt even seem to try and go around the corner yet aparently it rammed into hill? seriously watch the video

Edited by arknor, 29 December 2010 - 01:31.

Advertisement

#8260 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:56

No it's totally relevant to a driver's attitude to a situation, they are not robots and your sentence is far from any reality I know even as simple as someone pushes in front of me in a line - payback is a bitch.

You're quite happy for a driver to defend his line as long as it's not Michael Schumacher is what you mean and the fact that the FIA failed to act is only a disgrace because a/ it was Michael Schumacher and b/ it doesn't agree with your stance.

Compounded? The fact that you want to relate incidences AFTER what aggrieve's you is a sign of desperate clutching for straws, courts of laws only accept precedents, not something that hasn't happened yet and then only for the severity of the sentence.

The undisputable fact remains that MS was in front and on his line and the fact that he used that to his advantage was his right and prerogative as it is for any driver in front.

See this is why I win this argument everytime, I post the same factual stuff consistently and you guys post rants entirely based on your opinions.

I'll keep winning and you keep throwing the fingers, hmmm what does that remind me of

Posted Image

Edited by cheapracer, 29 December 2010 - 03:58.

#8261 404KF2

404KF2

• 2,270 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:24

Too bad he's past it. I mean, really. Every sport needs a Darth Vader. It was definitely more interesting when Schumi was competitive.

#8262 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,247 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:39

Many drivers have been on the end of crap officiating, but that's a different argument and does not constitute a valid excuse for deliberately crashing into your opponent.

I was referring to why the FIA couldn't really do anything.

I also love how people fail to bring up the incidents where Hill punted off Schumacher in 1995.

#8263 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:31

I also love how people fail to bring up the incidents where Hill punted off Schumacher in 1995.

Oh I am coming to that and especially Spa 1995 ....

#8264 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:57

In the end the best man won in 1994. Simple.

#8265 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,048 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:37

In the end the best man won in 1994. Simple.

In the end the best man died in 1994. Ask Michael.

#8266 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:45

In the end the best man died in 1994. Ask Michael.

I mean, when was time for winning Championship he was the best in 1994. Or after Imola he was the best, not that he didn't won all races in 1994 before that. :) But,when it is for Senna , only good or nothing.

#8267 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,048 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:01

I mean, when was time for winning Championship he was the best in 1994. Or after Imola he was the best, not that he didn't won all races in 1994 before that. :) But,when it is for Senna , only good or nothing.

Remember how Michael started crying in the press conference when he had won 41 races like Ayrton.

#8268 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,395 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:41

No it's totally relevant to a driver's attitude to a situation, they are not robots and your sentence is far from any reality I know even as simple as someone pushes in front of me in a line - payback is a bitch.

You're quite happy for a driver to defend his line as long as it's not Michael Schumacher is what you mean and the fact that the FIA failed to act is only a disgrace because a/ it was Michael Schumacher and b/ it doesn't agree with your stance.

Compounded? The fact that you want to relate incidences AFTER what aggrieve's you is a sign of desperate clutching for straws, courts of laws only accept precedents, not something that hasn't happened yet and then only for the severity of the sentence.

The undisputable fact remains that MS was in front and on his line and the fact that he used that to his advantage was his right and prerogative as it is for any driver in front.

See this is why I win this argument everytime, I post the same factual stuff consistently and you guys post rants entirely based on your opinions.

I'll keep winning and you keep throwing the fingers, hmmm what does that remind me of

Posted Image

If you think that you win the argument based on "it's all right to crash as he was in front" then there is no point in discussing it any further.

#8269 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:47

Like taking candy from a baby!

Britain 1994:

Australia 1994:

1994 season:

Belgium 1995:

Europe 1997:

Britain 1998:

Canada 1998:

Austria 2000:

EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX 2001:

Austria 2001:

Germany 2001:

Austria 2002:

USA 2002:

Europe 2003:

BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2003:

Australia 2005:

Monaco 2006:

Hungary 2010:

lol

Britain 1994:
Undue punishment, other divers overtake on the warm-up lap too without any penalty. The only reason was only his huge advantage ahead of the british Hill.

Australia 1994:
Hill was behind him, the british blew it. Schumi deserves the title, Damon has the best car on the grid, but he can win only if Schumi was banned or the german has problems.

1994 season:
Masterdrive for Schumi, a well deserve title. He should won the WDC in Monza, but some need a distraction from the scandals, and the F1 need fight to the last race.

Belgium 1995:
Masterdrive from Schumi. Classic. He could win by 1 minute lead from 16th place.

Europe 1997:
Villeneuve would not be there because of his race bann penalty. It was a disgusting decesion to take away his 2 ponts from Suzuka instead of his well deserve race bann. Schumi could win that race if he didn't get wrong tyre set. The accident was only a slight touch. One race earlyer Villeneuve almost push him out of the track while the canadian come back from his pit stop.

Britain 1998:
Brilliant decission after an undue penalty. Neither Schumi or Wurz remember the laping before the line, and I don't find any video or photograph which prove that.

Canada 1998:
Hard racing, he gets the penalty. But don"t forget, there was an SC situation, so HHF should have been stay behind Schumi after the Ferrari come ahead of him.

Austria 2000:
A start accident. Schumi try to go to the pit, like every other driver do..

Hard racing.

Austria 2001:
That was not the first TO in the history (97 Jerez, 98 Melbourne means Hakkinek is an unfair driver? Or Remember Hamilton from 2008)

Germany 2001:
lol

Austria 2002:
go to Austria 2001 comment

USA 2002:
The bills payed by the sponsors, not the fans.

Europe 2003:
It wasompletely regularin 2003. Patrese do the same in the Hungaroring in 91 or 92.

BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2003:
Alonso, Webber, Montoya, Senna or Berger to the same in many times. It's hard racing, not a tea party.

Australia 2005:
Race accident.

Monaco 2006:
Noo proof again, just an opinion from a spanish stewart.

Hungary 2010:
Hard Racing against cry-baby Barichella...

2011:
Lets hope no one can save us from an 8th WDC title: :clap:

Edited by Tarzaan, 29 December 2010 - 10:48.

#8270 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,048 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:16

2011:

That´s what is called revisionism.

As for 2011: why should anyone save us from Michael winning his 8th WDC? Strange wording, some Freudian slip maybe? Are you afraid of it?

#8271 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 16:47

If you think that you win the argument based on "it's all right to crash as he was in front" then there is no point in discussing it any further.

Cheapracer's argument is very lame to say the least. But when posters try to defend the indefensible facts become their enemy so the resulting argument(s) are little more then attempts to distract or confuse or shoot the messenger. Note to Schumacher fans: Just because other drivers have been unsporting jerks in the past does not make it OK for Schumacher to be an unsporting jerk.
I have seen nothing posted so far that refutes any of the nineteen dirty deeds listed. They all currently stand 100% un dented by the limp hyperbole and pathetic excuse making of Schumacher's apologists.

#8272 nomeg1

nomeg1

• 4,942 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 17:53

Read today : 70% of the Germans think that MSC will not be for the eigth time WDC in 2011...The poll was made by SID, a German Press Agency.

Here is the article in French : MSC No 8th title in 2011

#8273 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:21

Read today : 70% of the Germans think that MSC will not be for the eigth time WDC in 2011...The poll was made by SID, a German Press Agency.

Here is the article in French : MSC No 8th title in 2011

depends what team your with odds are redbull ferrari and mclaren will all be much faster than mercedes again

i wouldnt see alonso or hamilton winning a title next year if they were mercedes drivers either

Edited by arknor, 29 December 2010 - 18:22.

#8274 nomeg1

nomeg1

• 4,942 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:49

depends what team your with odds are redbull ferrari and mclaren will all be much faster than mercedes again

i wouldnt see alonso or hamilton winning a title next year if they were mercedes drivers either

Don't know, Nobert Haug seems to be saying that they will be the surprise...

#8275 f1rocks

f1rocks

• 132 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:51

lol

Britain 1994:
Undue punishment, other divers overtake on the warm-up lap too without any penalty. The only reason was only his huge advantage ahead of the british Hill.

Australia 1994:
Hill was behind him, the british blew it. Schumi deserves the title, Damon has the best car on the grid, but he can win only if Schumi was banned or the german has problems.

1994 season:
Masterdrive for Schumi, a well deserve title. He should won the WDC in Monza, but some need a distraction from the scandals, and the F1 need fight to the last race.

Belgium 1995:
Masterdrive from Schumi. Classic. He could win by 1 minute lead from 16th place.

Europe 1997:
Villeneuve would not be there because of his race bann penalty. It was a disgusting decesion to take away his 2 ponts from Suzuka instead of his well deserve race bann. Schumi could win that race if he didn't get wrong tyre set. The accident was only a slight touch. One race earlyer Villeneuve almost push him out of the track while the canadian come back from his pit stop.

Britain 1998:
Brilliant decission after an undue penalty. Neither Schumi or Wurz remember the laping before the line, and I don't find any video or photograph which prove that.

Canada 1998:
Hard racing, he gets the penalty. But don"t forget, there was an SC situation, so HHF should have been stay behind Schumi after the Ferrari come ahead of him.

Austria 2000:
A start accident. Schumi try to go to the pit, like every other driver do..

Hard racing.

Austria 2001:
That was not the first TO in the history (97 Jerez, 98 Melbourne means Hakkinek is an unfair driver? Or Remember Hamilton from 2008)

Germany 2001:
lol

Austria 2002:
go to Austria 2001 comment

USA 2002:
The bills payed by the sponsors, not the fans.

Europe 2003:
It wasompletely regularin 2003. Patrese do the same in the Hungaroring in 91 or 92.

BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2003:
Alonso, Webber, Montoya, Senna or Berger to the same in many times. It's hard racing, not a tea party.

Australia 2005:
Race accident.

Monaco 2006:
Noo proof again, just an opinion from a spanish stewart.

Hungary 2010:
Hard Racing against cry-baby Barichella...

2011:

:up: :up:

Excellent answer Tarzan. If i may also add a few things:

Aus 2002: Schumacher got held up by the Safety Car. Nobody seems to remember that. He would have jumped Cry Baby Barrichello during the pits stops otherwise

Jer 97: MS was easily faster than JV until Ferrari screwed up his tyres. In normal race circumstances he had the WDC wrapped up. JV drove quite bad and almost crashed into MS in earlier races.

1994 season: Hill's mistake. He should have waited. Secondly he was no match for MS the entire season in a much superior car. Was he not lapped my Senna and MS at BRazil ?

Most of the other incidents, Tarzan has answered well.

#8276 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,291 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 21:58

Come on guys just let it be.

There is no point in convincing or trying to change minds of people who will never change. It's always the same old story over and over again. Im gonna enjoy next year as another year when i can see a great driver at work. If the mercedes, the team and michael can manage to gel more then i wouldn't be surprised if the old guy can raise a few eyebrows.

#8277 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 22:04

Don't know, Nobert Haug seems to be saying that they will be the surprise...

not if they have the same manpower and funds they did this year

#8278 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,033 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 22:45

Doesn't tie in with Schumachers excuse that he was trying to defend the corner. He never mentioned the steering not working, so revisionist excuses won't work.

I'm quite sure Schumacher mentions the steering wasn't working properly in the Adelaide post race interviews (where he lined up with the 3 podium finishes), though its been a while so can't remember exactly how he worded it.

#8279 Mila

Mila

• 5,714 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 22:54

Remember how Michael started crying in the press conference when he had won 41 races like Ayrton.

I'm sorry, but he was headed to meltdown, regardless. he could have been asked about The Spice Girls and the tears would have still flowed.

Advertisement

#8280 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,048 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 23:01

I'm sorry, but he was headed to meltdown, regardless. he could have been asked about The Spice Girls and the tears would have still flowed.

That meltdown happened exactly because he equalled Ayrton. And although they did not see eye to eye with each other when Senna was alive, Schumacher secretly admired him and he admitted later it meant a lot to him to equal 41 wins.

#8281 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 23:45

Im gonna enjoy next year as another year when i can see a great driver at work. If the mercedes, the team and michael can manage to gel more then i wouldn't be surprised if the old guy can raise a few eyebrows.

I dare say he will do better than that, if the Mercedes is a top or very near top car Schumacher will win races with it. I see next year as much like this year with four five or even six drivers in the running for the WDC at two thirds distance in the season, if the car is any good Nico and Michael will be in the fight big time. 2011 is looking to be even better then 2010. At this point it all comes down to who makes the best car. Schumacher's very modest success of 2010 could become the biggest success of his chequered career in 2011.
no pun intended..chequered career..chequered flag...moan

#8282 Racer3

Racer3

• 383 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 00:19

Michael Schumacher and Mika Häkkinen in a ad for Mercedes:

Funny :up: -- but even after listening several times to her words, I don't understand the lady.
What does she say?

#8283 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,048 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 00:31

What does she say?

"I knew it - senior citizen!"

#8284 f1rocks

f1rocks

• 132 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 00:32

Come on guys just let it be.

There is no point in convincing or trying to change minds of people who will never change. It's always the same old story over and over again. Im gonna enjoy next year as another year when i can see a great driver at work. If the mercedes, the team and michael can manage to gel more then i wouldn't be surprised if the old guy can raise a few eyebrows.

Agreed. Most of these bashers are just jealous that MS enjoyed so much success. MS performed at the top for almost 15 yrs. Let's see if Alonso or Kubica can even come close to him.

This year has been fun to follow MS. He has nothin to prove to anyone. If he does well next year then great. If not then I will still aplaud him to try. We will see what Alonso or Hamilton can do at 42 yrs of age.

#8285 Racer3

Racer3

• 383 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 00:53

"I knew it - senior citizen!"

Thanks, mate! That was my first guess after listening to it, but I didn't know its (PC) connotation until looking it up following your answer :blush: (senior citizen).

#8286 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:18

Jer 97: MS was easily faster than JV until Ferrari screwed up his tyres. In normal race circumstances he had the WDC wrapped up. JV drove quite bad and almost crashed into MS in earlier races.

Really? :lol:

#8287 f1rocks

f1rocks

• 132 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:30

Yes. Do you have anything else to write about except for just smiley crap ? Why was MS ahead of JV after the second pit stop at Jerez ?. If JV was quicker then why did he not overtake MS until he had a problem with the tyres.. Or maybe jump MS at the pits...

#8288 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:57

Cheapracer's argument is very lame to say the least.

Calling fact lame is your prerogative.

In 1994 at Adeliade Michael Schumacher had every right to take the line he did, he was in front - that is a simple and indisputable fact and you guys can argue all you want and be as eloquent as you like (not that any of you score marks there) but it doesn't change facts.

If you don't like it then tough, write to the FIA.

/1994 subject for me.

#8289 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:12

Belgium 1995:
Blocking moves lead to the introduction of the ‘one move’ agreement where drivers can only move once to prevent being overtaken
Schumacher's performance did not impress Hill after his defensive moves forced Hill to either back off or go off the track.
Schumacher claimed that he had only blocked Hill at the low-speed corners, but video evidence suggested that Schumacher had blocked Hill on some of the high speed corners, such as the Radillion and Blanchimont.
Hill later commented that "We had some pretty hairy moments and I am not satisfied with being driven into; I don't think that was acceptable.
That is all well and good but if it was meant on purpose I would be very upset, F1 cars are not go-karts.
I think there are some things which are acceptable and some things which are not."

Schumacher defended himself by agreeing that touching wheels in high-speed corners is "not acceptable" but added that at the speed he and Hill were doing, he thought it was acceptable.
Schumacher was given a one-race suspended ban for driving aggressively in order to stop Hill from passing.

What a joke, this is one of my greatest dissapointments in a driver ever. I have a lot of time for Hill, I think the way he came into F1 was hard on him and he performed like a champion under those circumstances especially in 1994 and lets not forget he had only been in F1 for 3 years with little car race experience behind him and here he was racing competitively against a seasoned veteran.

The Spa dice between the 2 was brilliant and why it doesn't get mentioned much is beyond me, 3/4's wet track, 1/4 dry with MS on slicks and Hill on wets going at it for a couple of laps is one of the highlights of F1 until the after the race where an absolutely beaten and bitter Hill whined like a little girl even to Murray Walker's disbelief. I can not believe the incredibly brave and extremely talented driver who I just watched in such an epic battle could be the same whiny little girl afterwards.

Schumacher did nothing wrong, he almost always stayed on the racing line and was even within the "one move" rule that wasn't even in force then - oh and did I mention HE WAS IN FRONT? What a sham, literally the race that ruined F1 racing coming into the modern era.

Speaking of 1995, where's the mention of Hill's impectuous passing attempts again from BEHIND (why was Hill always behind in the best car on the grid?) resulting in crashes into Schumacher at Silverstone and Monza (causing retirement both times) besides doing the same to Alesi at Germany?

Oh and if you ever in your life watch Spa 1995, which I doubt you have, keep an eye on Martin Brundle's 'chop of all chops' defense on Hill for 2nd late in the race - and Brundle dares mention MS in a similar breathe :lol:

Oh Damon!
Posted Image

Oh Damon!!
Posted Image

Oh Damon!!!
Posted Image

Oh Damon!!!!
Posted Image

#8290 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,720 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:21

I disliked Ferrari's cheating ways and so forth - and I still do. But that didn't hide Schumi's talent. The dude is legend and I think after this adjustment period he'll be right in the mix again. It is normal in sports to write athletes off when they do poorly or go through a bad spell - happens to everyone (the reverse is true too). So I've never put any credit in that at all, no matter who is doing the talking or who they are talking about.

#8291 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:21

Oh Damon!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon1.jpg

Oh Damon!!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon2.jpg

Oh Damon!!!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon3.jpg

Oh Damon!!!!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon4.jpg

May I add to that list? :)

0:39

Edited by Spa95, 30 December 2010 - 07:22.

#8292 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:27

Yes. Do you have anything else to write about except for just smiley crap ?

Thats all it deserved. No point fighting bias.

#8293 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:03

Really. His last set was wrong. It's not an opinion, it is a fact. He loss 2-3 sec per lap with that. That year the Williams was the main partner od the Goodyear, and they also remained till the second race of 98.

Apart from this, the situation remains clear, Villeneuve should not start on Jerez because of his penalty.

#8294 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:05

What a joke, this is one of my greatest dissapointments in a driver ever. I have a lot of time for Hill, I think the way he came into F1 was hard on him and he performed like a champion under those circumstances especially in 1994 and lets not forget he had only been in F1 for 3 years with little car race experience behind him and here he was racing competitively against a seasoned veteran.

The Spa dice between the 2 was brilliant and why it doesn't get mentioned much is beyond me, 3/4's wet track, 1/4 dry with MS on slicks and Hill on wets going at it for a couple of laps is one of the highlights of F1 until the after the race where an absolutely beaten and bitter Hill whined like a little girl even to Murray Walker's disbelief. I can not believe the incredibly brave and extremely talented driver who I just watched in such an epic battle could be the same whiny little girl afterwards.

Schumacher did nothing wrong, he almost always stayed on the racing line and was even within the "one move" rule that wasn't even in force then - oh and did I mention HE WAS IN FRONT? What a sham, literally the race that ruined F1 racing coming into the modern era.

Speaking of 1995, where's the mention of Hill's impectuous passing attempts again from BEHIND (why was Hill always behind in the best car on the grid?) resulting in crashes into Schumacher at Silverstone and Monza (causing retirement both times) besides doing the same to Alesi at Germany?

Oh and if you ever in your life watch Spa 1995, which I doubt you have, keep an eye on Martin Brundle's 'chop of all chops' defense on Hill for 2nd late in the race - and Brundle dares mention MS in a similar breathe :lol:

Oh Damon!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon1.jpg

Oh Damon!!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon2.jpg

Oh Damon!!!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon3.jpg

Oh Damon!!!!
http://i620.photobuc...lexo/damon4.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:up:

Edited by Tarzaan, 30 December 2010 - 09:06.

#8295 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:10

That´s what is called revisionism.

As for 2011: why should anyone save us from Michael winning his 8th WDC? Strange wording, some Freudian slip maybe? Are you afraid of it?

It is just a literal translation of a hungarian phrase.

#8296 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:24

Well said cheapracer

#8297 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:59

Ross Brawn Interview with AMuS (Michael Schmidt): http://www.auto-moto...hl-3262126.html

Google Translation: http://translate.goo...=...l=&ie=UTF-8

Their Simulator won't be fully finished before 2012. Not that it's much use to MS if it's true that he gets sick in the simulator...

Edited by Spa95, 30 December 2010 - 10:23.

#8298 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:07

I read an interesting article in a hungarian site few minutes ago:

http://www.motorspor...zta-c38340.html

http://translate.goo...zta-c38340.html

Norbert Haug said that in 2005 Istanbul the relationship between Schumi & the Ferrari( I think it means Montezemolo) broken down, and Schumi discuss with Haug, they make a deal and he almost drive the 2006 season in the McLaren Mercedes, but the Ferrari vetoed that...

#8299 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,694 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:11

I read an interesting article in a hungarian site few minutes ago:

http://www.motorspor...zta-c38340.html

http://translate.goo...zta-c38340.html

Norbert Haug said that in 2005 Istanbul the relationship between Schumi & the Ferrari( I think it means Montezemolo) broken down, and Schumi discuss with Haug, they make a deal and he almost drive the 2006 season in the McLaren Mercedes, but the Ferrari vetoed that...

That an old story.

Advertisement

#8300 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:28

May I add to that list? :)

0:39

Add this to it aswell, Hill holding up Schumy on purpose while being lapped and lets through JV immediately after that :rolleyes:
Its a cheap work from Hill, http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded