20789 replies to this topic

#8301 baggio10

baggio10

• 59 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 14:11

I read an interesting article in a hungarian site few minutes ago:

http://www.motorspor...zta-c38340.html

http://translate.goo...zta-c38340.html

Norbert Haug said that in 2005 Istanbul the relationship between Schumi & the Ferrari( I think it means Montezemolo) broken down, and Schumi discuss with Haug, they make a deal and he almost drive the 2006 season in the McLaren Mercedes, but the Ferrari vetoed that...

Never heard of this before. Istanbul 2005 would be roughly the same time Ferrari signed a precontract with Kimi.

Advertisement

#8302 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 14:23

That's interesting. How verifiable/certified is this?

Anthony Davidson said it during free practice at the British (or was it the German?) GP weekend on BBCs Red Button coverage. He is, incidentally, Mercedes GPs simulator test driver - so he would know.

#8303 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 15:54

I remember at the start of the season Button saying the Macca simulator made him feel sick, it probably happens to a few drivers more than you would think.

#8304 metz

metz

• 9,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 19:24

Ross Brawn Interview with AMuS (Michael Schmidt): http://www.auto-moto...hl-3262126.html

Google Translation: http://translate.goo...=...l=&ie=UTF-8

Their Simulator won't be fully finished before 2012. Not that it's much use to MS if it's true that he gets sick in the simulator...

Interesting other bits;.
Michaels problems mostly down to getting to grips with the tyres. And subsequent qualifying.
No problem with racecraft or reaction times.
Does not expect to repeat the 2009 miracle ever again.

#8305 r4mses

r4mses

• 1,099 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 19:37

I read an interesting article in a hungarian site few minutes ago:

http://www.motorspor...zta-c38340.html

http://translate.goo...zta-c38340.html

Norbert Haug said that in 2005 Istanbul the relationship between Schumi & the Ferrari( I think it means Montezemolo) broken down, and Schumi discuss with Haug, they make a deal and he almost drive the 2006 season in the McLaren Mercedes, but the Ferrari vetoed that...

Totally new to me Oo what happend in Turkey 2005? I can't remember anything special right now...

#8306 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,695 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 20:42

I also love how people fail to bring up the incidents where Hill punted off Schumacher in 1995.

Well, he did that, why discuss that?

lol

Britain 1994:
Undue punishment, other divers overtake on the warm-up lap too without any penalty. The only reason was only his huge advantage ahead of the british Hill.

Australia 1994:
Hill was behind him, the british blew it. Schumi deserves the title, Damon has the best car on the grid, but he can win only if Schumi was banned or the german has problems.

1994 season:
Masterdrive for Schumi, a well deserve title. He should won the WDC in Monza, but some need a distraction from the scandals, and the F1 need fight to the last race.

Belgium 1995:
Masterdrive from Schumi. Classic. He could win by 1 minute lead from 16th place.

Europe 1997:
Villeneuve would not be there because of his race bann penalty. It was a disgusting decesion to take away his 2 ponts from Suzuka instead of his well deserve race bann. Schumi could win that race if he didn't get wrong tyre set. The accident was only a slight touch. One race earlyer Villeneuve almost push him out of the track while the canadian come back from his pit stop.

Britain 1998:
Brilliant decission after an undue penalty. Neither Schumi or Wurz remember the laping before the line, and I don't find any video or photograph which prove that.

Canada 1998:
Hard racing, he gets the penalty. But don"t forget, there was an SC situation, so HHF should have been stay behind Schumi after the Ferrari come ahead of him.

Austria 2000:
A start accident. Schumi try to go to the pit, like every other driver do..

EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX 2001:
Hard racing.

Austria 2001:
That was not the first TO in the history (97 Jerez, 98 Melbourne means Hakkinek is an unfair driver? Or Remember Hamilton from 2008)

Germany 2001:
lol

Austria 2002:
go to Austria 2001 comment

USA 2002:
The bills payed by the sponsors, not the fans.

Europe 2003:
It wasompletely regularin 2003. Patrese do the same in the Hungaroring in 91 or 92.

BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2003:
Alonso, Webber, Montoya, Senna or Berger to the same in many times. It's hard racing, not a tea party.

Australia 2005:
Race accident.

Monaco 2006:
Noo proof again, just an opinion from a spanish stewart.

Hungary 2010:
Hard Racing against cry-baby Barichella...

2011:
Lets hope no one can save us from an 8th WDC title: :clap:

British GP 94: That might be true, that does not give him the rights to not serve the penalty he has been given. (He did, but too late, and that equals not serving).

Australia GP 94: Hard thing to give an answer on. The rules say that you can defend your position if you are in front, but when a driver have the front wheel, higher than the rear wheel of the other car, they are "side by side" and they have to give eachother enough room to drive on the track. However, this does not apply in a kamikaze-move, or a very late move. Hard to say, I mean Schumacher could've given more room, and then it would've been ok. (Just like Hamilton could've given Webber this year, and why Alonso shouldn't been penalized in this years British GP).

Belgium GP 95: Yes, it was a fantastic drive, however, that does not justice for dangerous driving, you cannot force other drivers off the track.

Europe GP 97: He was. He was stripped for the Japan results, for one reason. He was banned from that race, but he was able to participate while they waited on the appeal. The appeal failed, and the banned, that was imposed for the Japan GP did count. You cannot transfer an already applied penalty. And i honestly cannot understand why you defend, and try to excuse something he have admitted to be doing himself. It doesn't matter why Villeneuve and Schumacher came close, the thing is, they did, and Schumacher did try do make Villeneuve retire.

British GP 98: Well, the penalty was right, if it happended. Anyway, is wasn't delivered quick enough, and was removed. So, it is no proof that he did anything wrong either, no big deal, fair win, and a great use of a loophole (serving it on the last lap).

Canada GP 98: Hard racing does not include pushing others of the track. Heinz-Harald Frentzen had two options, crashing into MS or not. MS-fans should be glad he chose not to. But Schumacher did not give enough room. Fair penalty. And again, no need to excuse with things that have happended earlier in the race, making it to happen. If Schumacher had leaded with 3 laps, then spun, loosing 3 laps, it doesn't justify anything.

Austria GP 00: Trying to get to the pit? Wrong way, or, what? Not a very nice thing to do, but very smart, maybe a bit in the grey area of the rules, still a smart thing - had it worked. I remember us being told the same thing when I was racing (Do not try to get the vehicle off the track, just yourself if you want a greater chance of a red flag).

Europe GP 01: What was the big deal here? Start-crossing? Nah, enough room. The pit entry, where he crossed the line? Well the rules say that he cannot cross the line in to the pit with the whole car, but we don't know what the agreed to on the drivers meeting. The pit exit? As far as I see, he didn't cross the line with any part of the car. So, agree with you. (I might not remember everything)

Austria GP 01: Oh, three wrongs make them right? Legal, but not fair. Neither was the McLaren moves,- I honestly don't think others than McLaren/Hakkinen fans does think that. The same way that I think that the ones who support the "Austrias" is Ferrari or Schumacher fans.

Germany GP 01: O.o I cannot remember anything, the red-flag situation? Oh well, need to hate Schumacher pretty much I guess...

Austria GP 02: See at 01.

USA GP 02: O.o what to you mean? This was, if possible, more an insult to racing fans, than Austria.

Europe GP 03: The rule is, that you are not allowed to get any outside help, unless you are in a dangerous situation. I wouldn't belive you should be allowed to continue the race just because you went off in a dangerous place. Anyway, he was not penalized, and then, it seems like they though he was in a dangerous place, then, ok with me. However, he had enough place on the inside to not touch Montoya, but that, was a race incident.

British GP 03: What is that all about, I only remeber the kilt-guy on the track

Australia GP 05: Remember the situation, but not clearly, will not comment.

Monaco GP 06: As far as I remember, they looked at the telemetry at the point Schumacher said he lost control, and the telemetry said he was going in 16 km/h. However, that is the strangest "loss of control" I have ever seen. I think the penalty is fair.

Hungary GP 10: The rules say, that you need to leave enough place on the track when another driver is on your side. The track is between the white lines, not the wall. If you look again, Schumacher is pushing Barrichello, way past the white line. That is a violation of the rules.

:up: :up:

Excellent answer Tarzan. If i may also add a few things:

Aus 2002: Schumacher got held up by the Safety Car. Nobody seems to remember that. He would have jumped Cry Baby Barrichello during the pits stops otherwise

Jer 97: MS was easily faster than JV until Ferrari screwed up his tyres. In normal race circumstances he had the WDC wrapped up. JV drove quite bad and almost crashed into MS in earlier races.

1994 season: Hill's mistake. He should have waited. Secondly he was no match for MS the entire season in a much superior car. Was he not lapped my Senna and MS at BRazil ?

Most of the other incidents, Tarzan has answered well.

Like I have said, Austria 02: It does not matter, why he ended up behind, he was behind, even though it was legal, the way to do it, and the reason why, felt, and feels wrong, when I'm watching it because I am a racing-fan. Jerez, same thing, bad tyres doesn't mean he is allowed to crash into others. Almost crashed, is not a crash, and, if one driver crashes into you, you are still not allowed to crash into him (unless you are racing in NASCAR of course). Australia 94, yes, he should've waited, and more on that, watch higher in my answer. But still, even though Schumacher was a lot faster than Hill that season, it still don't make it legal. Sebastian Vettel wasn't allowed to crash out people just becuase he was the quickest this year, but things made it hard for him to win the championship.

#8307 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 20:55

Totally new to me Oo what happend in Turkey 2005? I can't remember anything special right now...

Michael started P19 and withdrew.

Maybe Schumy complained too much to Montezemolo. :confused:

#8308 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 21:47

What a joke

Indeed.

So you are sticking to the theory that if a racer is in front of another it is ok to crash them out of the race if they try to pass, is that what you are saying, being in front is justification for any type of dangerous driving? I have to disagree.
I commend you on attempting to refute two of the nineteen dirty deeds listed even if your attempt was a complete failure. Looking forward to some new and bizarre justifications for the other sixteen Schumacher sportsmanship failures listed, remember this is only a partial list, when you get done attempting to refute these I will put up the next twenty.

#8309 frp

frp

• 350 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 22:14

Calling fact lame is your prerogative.

In 1994 at Adeliade Michael Schumacher had every right to take the line he did, he was in front - that is a simple and indisputable fact...

He was in front; that is a fact. But there are other facts, and if you take those into account, then it is clear that his actions were indefensible.

It is a fact that Michael crashed into the wall.
It is a fact that the right rear suspension was damaged by the impact.
It is a fact that Michael's car would not be able to complete the race.
It is a fact that Michael would lose the Championship if his car failed to finish and Hill's finished in the top five.
It is a fact that Michael drove his crippled car sharply across to the left hand side of the track, rather than defending the inside.
It is a fact that Michael waited for Hill to come alongside and then turned into him, so that his car would also be put out of the race.

It is not necessarily a fact that any competitor who seeks only to destroy his competitor's chances, when his own race is over, is a bad sportsman, because that is subjective. It's just the civilised view.

#8310 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,289 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 22:25

Michael started P19 and withdrew.

Maybe Schumy complained too much to Montezemolo. :confused:

Didn't michael make contact with Webber and retired after that.

And i never heard the story as well. Too bad for Luca he made a bad mistake if that incident caused Michael to retire.

#8311 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 23:39

And after that race, he started his sabotage plan against Ferrari.

#8312 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:58

Something is wrong here? If his relations with Ferrari was so bad why he was their advisor and he was ready to replace Massa? So I don't believe in this rumours.

#8313 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:20

Well, he did that, why discuss that?

British GP 94: That might be true, that does not give him the rights to not serve the penalty he has been given. (He did, but too late, and that equals not serving).

Australia GP 94: Hard thing to give an answer on. The rules say that you can defend your position if you are in front, but when a driver have the front wheel, higher than the rear wheel of the other car, they are "side by side" and they have to give eachother enough room to drive on the track. However, this does not apply in a kamikaze-move, or a very late move. Hard to say, I mean Schumacher could've given more room, and then it would've been ok. (Just like Hamilton could've given Webber this year, and why Alonso shouldn't been penalized in this years British GP).

Belgium GP 95: Yes, it was a fantastic drive, however, that does not justice for dangerous driving, you cannot force other drivers off the track.

Europe GP 97: He was. He was stripped for the Japan results, for one reason. He was banned from that race, but he was able to participate while they waited on the appeal. The appeal failed, and the banned, that was imposed for the Japan GP did count. You cannot transfer an already applied penalty. And i honestly cannot understand why you defend, and try to excuse something he have admitted to be doing himself. It doesn't matter why Villeneuve and Schumacher came close, the thing is, they did, and Schumacher did try do make Villeneuve retire.

British GP 98: Well, the penalty was right, if it happended. Anyway, is wasn't delivered quick enough, and was removed. So, it is no proof that he did anything wrong either, no big deal, fair win, and a great use of a loophole (serving it on the last lap).

Canada GP 98: Hard racing does not include pushing others of the track. Heinz-Harald Frentzen had two options, crashing into MS or not. MS-fans should be glad he chose not to. But Schumacher did not give enough room. Fair penalty. And again, no need to excuse with things that have happended earlier in the race, making it to happen. If Schumacher had leaded with 3 laps, then spun, loosing 3 laps, it doesn't justify anything.

Austria GP 00: Trying to get to the pit? Wrong way, or, what? Not a very nice thing to do, but very smart, maybe a bit in the grey area of the rules, still a smart thing - had it worked. I remember us being told the same thing when I was racing (Do not try to get the vehicle off the track, just yourself if you want a greater chance of a red flag).

Europe GP 01: What was the big deal here? Start-crossing? Nah, enough room. The pit entry, where he crossed the line? Well the rules say that he cannot cross the line in to the pit with the whole car, but we don't know what the agreed to on the drivers meeting. The pit exit? As far as I see, he didn't cross the line with any part of the car. So, agree with you. (I might not remember everything)

Austria GP 01: Oh, three wrongs make them right? Legal, but not fair. Neither was the McLaren moves,- I honestly don't think others than McLaren/Hakkinen fans does think that. The same way that I think that the ones who support the "Austrias" is Ferrari or Schumacher fans.

Germany GP 01: O.o I cannot remember anything, the red-flag situation? Oh well, need to hate Schumacher pretty much I guess...

Austria GP 02: See at 01.

USA GP 02: O.o what to you mean? This was, if possible, more an insult to racing fans, than Austria.

Europe GP 03: The rule is, that you are not allowed to get any outside help, unless you are in a dangerous situation. I wouldn't belive you should be allowed to continue the race just because you went off in a dangerous place. Anyway, he was not penalized, and then, it seems like they though he was in a dangerous place, then, ok with me. However, he had enough place on the inside to not touch Montoya, but that, was a race incident.

British GP 03: What is that all about, I only remeber the kilt-guy on the track

Australia GP 05: Remember the situation, but not clearly, will not comment.

Monaco GP 06: As far as I remember, they looked at the telemetry at the point Schumacher said he lost control, and the telemetry said he was going in 16 km/h. However, that is the strangest "loss of control" I have ever seen. I think the penalty is fair.

Hungary GP 10: The rules say, that you need to leave enough place on the track when another driver is on your side. The track is between the white lines, not the wall. If you look again, Schumacher is pushing Barrichello, way past the white line. That is a violation of the rules.

Like I have said, Austria 02: It does not matter, why he ended up behind, he was behind, even though it was legal, the way to do it, and the reason why, felt, and feels wrong, when I'm watching it because I am a racing-fan. Jerez, same thing, bad tyres doesn't mean he is allowed to crash into others. Almost crashed, is not a crash, and, if one driver crashes into you, you are still not allowed to crash into him (unless you are racing in NASCAR of course). Australia 94, yes, he should've waited, and more on that, watch higher in my answer. But still, even though Schumacher was a lot faster than Hill that season, it still don't make it legal. Sebastian Vettel wasn't allowed to crash out people just becuase he was the quickest this year, but things made it hard for him to win the championship.

British GP 94: the penalty was given too late, and it was not the correct type. If he overtoke on the warm-up lap, he should start the race from the last place. That was the penalty for this, not a stop&go. And don't forget, the stewards change the black flag penalty to stop & go. The 3 race bann was only because his huge lead and the Briadtore-Mosley fight.

Australia 94: In that time there was no rule. But Shumi was on the ideal line/racing line, and when Schumi start to take to corner, Damons front wheel was behind the Benettons rear wheel, and Damons speed was too fast to that corner, and he push out the Benetton, which flew about 10-15 meters because the hard hit.

Belgium95: Damon forces MS out of the track one time, but like 94 Australia, that time was no rule for this.

Britain98: the penalty was given after the 25min limit, and it was not offical, only a paper with hand writing. Under the rules they had not been taken into account, but MS come into the pit within the rigt period.

Canada98: Pwnalty was given. Race win in the pocket.)

Austria00: I think it was a natural attempt. Try to get back to the pit. Nothing unusual. Lot of drivers go back to the pit with broken engien or sg.

USA02: Schumi want a photo finish in "Le Mans style", he didn't think Bari will "overtokk" him.

Europe03: his engine didn't stalled, so it was legal.

Monaco 06: when he lost controll and miss the corner he was much more faster than 16km/h. The telemetry is not a Bible. After Spa 98 stewards said DC doesn't responsible for the accident based on the telemetry. 7 years later DC said on an interview, that he make a mistake there.

Hungary10: Bari was behind Schumi before he cross the white line.

#8314 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:21

Something is wrong here? If his relations with Ferrari was so bad why he was their advisor and he was ready to replace Massa? So I don't believe in this rumours.

His relationship is bad with Montezemolo, but not bud with other Ferrari members from that time.

#8315 biljon

biljon

• 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:30

His relationship is bad with Montezemolo, but not bud with other Ferrari members from that time.

How do you know this?

Edited by biljon, 31 December 2010 - 10:31.

#8316 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:30

He was in front; that is a fact. But there are other facts, and if you take those into account, then it is clear that his actions were indefensible.

It is a fact that Michael crashed into the wall.
It is a fact that the right rear suspension was damaged by the impact.
It is a fact that Michael's car would not be able to complete the race.
It is a fact that Michael would lose the Championship if his car failed to finish and Hill's finished in the top five.
It is a fact that Michael drove his crippled car sharply across to the left hand side of the track, rather than defending the inside.
It is a fact that Michael waited for Hill to come alongside and then turned into him, so that his car would also be put out of the race.

It is not necessarily a fact that any competitor who seeks only to destroy his competitor's chances, when his own race is over, is a bad sportsman, because that is subjective. It's just the civilised view.

It was just a touch. He doesn't know at that moment about the damage. There was a lot of similar crashes in F1 which ennded lucyly (MS 96 Monza, MS 2002 Montreal). Hill screw it. MS has more point in 12 races than Damon in 16 with a better car. FIA gave to Damon an 50 point advantage, but is wasn't enough.

#8317 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,661 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:35

Indeed.

So you are sticking to the theory that if a racer is in front of another it is ok to crash them out of the race if they try to pass, is that what you are saying, being in front is justification for any type of dangerous driving? I have to disagree.
I commend you on attempting to refute two of the nineteen dirty deeds listed even if your attempt was a complete failure. Looking forward to some new and bizarre justifications for the other sixteen Schumacher sportsmanship failures listed, remember this is only a partial list, when you get done attempting to refute these I will put up the next twenty.

no he isn't. He is just not sticking to YOUR theory, that's all. You may put up the next twenty now, I promise you I will read that just as much I have read this one, donk.

How do you know this?

He doesn't, it is speculation.

#8318 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:41

Some pictures from years:
http://img2.auto-mot...54ce-304599.jpg
http://img4.auto-mot...6be6-304581.jpg
http://img2.auto-mot...7b89-304603.jpg
http://img2.auto-mot...19c1-304613.jpg
http://img3.auto-mot...f963-304659.jpg
http://img1.auto-mot...890a-304709.jpg
http://img3.auto-mot...8ed2-304718.jpg
Articles:
http://translate.goo...en-3260553.html
http://www.michael-s...w...924&lang=uk

Schumacher could return to Ferrari in 2011 :drunk: 28 December is Spanish fool day (like 1 April).
http://translate.goo...dXOazvgvre4i_GQ
http://www.f1aldia.c...-ferrari-2011/#

Edited by ivand911, 31 December 2010 - 13:39.

#8319 frp

frp

• 350 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:36

It was just a touch. He doesn't know at that moment about the damage.

Of course. Silly me!

Advertisement

#8320 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:53

Welcome to Michael Schumacher thread in 2011. Maybe the biggest growing thread in 2010.

Edited by ivand911, 02 January 2011 - 08:54.

#8321 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:54

Jer 97: MS was easily faster than JV until Ferrari screwed up his tyres. In normal race circumstances he had the WDC wrapped up. JV drove quite bad and almost crashed into MS in earlier races.

How did Ferrari screw up tyres? I think MS himself crumbled under pressure and that gave Villeneuve a shot. It's funny how it's never MS fault.

#8322 SchumiP1

SchumiP1

• 92 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:12

How did Ferrari screw up tyres? I think MS himself crumbled under pressure and that gave Villeneuve a shot. It's funny how it's never MS fault.

Oh, come on, stop picking on the guy! Jerez 97 is probably one of the very few mistakes that Schumacher has made and he has admitted it. Cut him some slack.
Most other stuff Schumacher is being blamed for is simply blowing things out of proportion (like Adelaide 94 - a 50/50 incident - or Hungaroring 2010).

#8323 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 22:05

Happy Birthday Michael. I wish you more luck this year and better car. And stay healthy. :wave:

Edited by ivand911, 02 January 2011 - 22:06.

#8324 TheMortalBard

TheMortalBard

• 98 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 23:59

Happy 42nd Birthday you old p*ick you !! :p

No matter how the rest of your comeback turns out, you will always be one of the greatest ever !! Here's to a superb 2011.

Edited by TheMortalBard, 03 January 2011 - 01:07.

#8325 monaco

monaco

• 161 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 00:29

Have a great day...and a great racing year, Michael :wave:

Yesterday, I happened to see a 3-part feature from CNN on Michael ...and he always surprises and impresses me with how he responds to serious interview questions.

#8326 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:29

One of the more controversial drivers in the history of the sport, his talent is undeniable and his record will, in all probability, remain untouched. Regardless of what's happened in 2010, or what may happen in 2011, most will never forget his era of dominance.

#8327 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,695 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:41

Oh, come on, stop picking on the guy! Jerez 97 is probably one of the very few mistakes that Schumacher has made and he has admitted it. Cut him some slack.
Most other stuff Schumacher is being blamed for is simply blowing things out of proportion (like Adelaide 94 - a 50/50 incident - or Hungaroring 2010).

So, we shall not be negative for a thing that he admitted doing, and not for things he haven't admitted... damn, this guy ain't untouchable...

#8328 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,695 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:00

British GP 94: the penalty was given too late, and it was not the correct type. If he overtoke on the warm-up lap, he should start the race from the last place. That was the penalty for this, not a stop&go. And don't forget, the stewards change the black flag penalty to stop & go. The 3 race bann was only because his huge lead and the Briadtore-Mosley fight.

Australia 94: In that time there was no rule. But Shumi was on the ideal line/racing line, and when Schumi start to take to corner, Damons front wheel was behind the Benettons rear wheel, and Damons speed was too fast to that corner, and he push out the Benetton, which flew about 10-15 meters because the hard hit.

Belgium95: Damon forces MS out of the track one time, but like 94 Australia, that time was no rule for this.

Britain98: the penalty was given after the 25min limit, and it was not offical, only a paper with hand writing. Under the rules they had not been taken into account, but MS come into the pit within the rigt period.

Canada98: Pwnalty was given. Race win in the pocket.)

Austria00: I think it was a natural attempt. Try to get back to the pit. Nothing unusual. Lot of drivers go back to the pit with broken engien or sg.

USA02: Schumi want a photo finish in "Le Mans style", he didn't think Bari will "overtokk" him.

Europe03: his engine didn't stalled, so it was legal.

Monaco 06: when he lost controll and miss the corner he was much more faster than 16km/h. The telemetry is not a Bible. After Spa 98 stewards said DC doesn't responsible for the accident based on the telemetry. 7 years later DC said on an interview, that he make a mistake there.

Hungary10: Bari was behind Schumi before he cross the white line.

British GP 94: I have honestly no idea within what time limit the penalty was given. Anyway, he did not take it within 3 laps, and then it is a black flag. It might was a wrong call to give him any sort of penalty at all. But as long as it has been given, you have to follow it.

Australia GP 94: I was too young too know the rules from 1994, but I can't belive that it is allowed to turn into someone, just because you was in front.

Belgium GP 95: Damon forces? I though Schumacher was the one on bad tyres in front, and defending, therefor forcing. However, if it was legal with multiple moves, then it's fair enough, but still dangerous driving.

British GP 98: Ye, I said it was given too late. And yes, he did it in time, I also said that, but the loophole was doing it on the last lap. I don't think FIA meant that with the rule, and they changed the rule after the race.

Canada GP 98: Yup, and that was a good call too...

Austria GP 00: Well, try to get in the pit from T1 if the car is totally broken, not likely, but as I said a grey area, maybe he should've tried more, who knows...

USA GP 02: A Le Mans style, but not informing Barrichello, and in the same season as the Austria-"we don't care a **** about the fans" act. Nah, they(Ferrari) treated, and still treats the fans like we don't understand a thing...

Europe GP 03: He still got outside help to get on to the track, and outside help is not allowed.

Monaco GP 06: If the telemetry says he had 16 km/h at the point he claims to loose control, he had 16 km/h, I mean, even Jean-Deniz Deletraz kept his car on track at that speed. Regarding DC, he said he could've done it differently, yes. And he could, but based on the telemetry he didn't lift off, or any other sudden moves that could cause the crash. Maybe he should've gone to the side, yes. But he didn't to anything wrong

Hungary GP 10: Depends on what the definition of "behind" is. What I learned when driving was front wheel vs rear wheel equals right to a lane, and Schumacher didn't actually give any room after Barrichello got higher either. Anyway, I don't like driving that can set other peoples life in danger. The cars and tracks can be just as dangerous as they want, but I don't like it when a driver can be the one to blame for a fatal incident.

#8329 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:53

42,the answer to life,the universe and everything. :)

#8330 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,743 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:59

Europe GP 03: He still got outside help to get on to the track, and outside help is not allowed.

not allowed?
it's not like he used a crane or aything...

btw, it's allowed..or it was at the moment

#8331 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:48

British GP 94: I have honestly no idea within what time limit the penalty was given. Anyway, he did not take it within 3 laps, and then it is a black flag. It might was a wrong call to give him any sort of penalty at all. But as long as it has been given, you have to follow it.

Australia GP 94: I was too young too know the rules from 1994, but I can't belive that it is allowed to turn into someone, just because you was in front.

Belgium GP 95: Damon forces? I though Schumacher was the one on bad tyres in front, and defending, therefor forcing. However, if it was legal with multiple moves, then it's fair enough, but still dangerous driving.

British GP 98: Ye, I said it was given too late. And yes, he did it in time, I also said that, but the loophole was doing it on the last lap. I don't think FIA meant that with the rule, and they changed the rule after the race.

Canada GP 98: Yup, and that was a good call too...

Austria GP 00: Well, try to get in the pit from T1 if the car is totally broken, not likely, but as I said a grey area, maybe he should've tried more, who knows...

USA GP 02: A Le Mans style, but not informing Barrichello, and in the same season as the Austria-"we don't care a **** about the fans" act. Nah, they(Ferrari) treated, and still treats the fans like we don't understand a thing...

Monaco GP 06: If the telemetry says he had 16 km/h at the point he claims to loose control, he had 16 km/h, I mean, even Jean-Deniz Deletraz kept his car on track at that speed. Regarding DC, he said he could've done it differently, yes. And he could, but based on the telemetry he didn't lift off, or any other sudden moves that could cause the crash. Maybe he should've gone to the side, yes. But he didn't to anything wrong

Hungary GP 10: Depends on what the definition of "behind" is. What I learned when driving was front wheel vs rear wheel equals right to a lane, and Schumacher didn't actually give any room after Barrichello got higher either. Anyway, I don't like driving that can set other peoples life in danger. The cars and tracks can be just as dangerous as they want, but I don't like it when a driver can be the one to blame for a fatal incident.

Britain94: The first penalty was the black flag.

Australia94: There was no penalty for any type of race accidents (remember 90 Suzuka) ans Schumi doesn't turn ito someone, he was just pushed out by the Williams. Totally Hill's fault.

Belgium95: Schumi doesn'f forced Hill out of track, only Schumi leave the asphalt one time.

(6:30)

Schumi just defend his position, like Senna in 93 Silverstone.

Britain98: Yes, they change the rules AFTER the race. But in that time it was legal.

Canada98: Thank's to that it was one of his greatest victory.

Europe03: it was legal in 2003:

"If a car stops during the race (except under Article 143c) and d), it must be removed from the track as quickly as possible so that its presence does not constitute a danger or hinder other competitors. If the driver is unable to drive the car from a dangerous position, it shall be the duty of the marshals to assist him. If any such assistance results in the engine starting and the driver rejoining the race, the car will be excluded from the results of the race."

If any such assistance results in the engine starting and the driver rejoining the race, the car will be excluded from the results of the race.---> that is not happend.

Monaco06: I already said my opiniuon about the telemetry, and if sy. watch a real speed video only can laugh about this "16kmh thing. In that corner his speed much more than 16kmh when he miss the breaking point.

Hungary06: RB was behind Schumi when RB cross the white line...

http://img173.imagev...8_122_413lo.jpg

#8332 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,986 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:51

Happy birthday champ :clap:

#8333 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,886 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 13:25

Happy Birthday Schumi, good luck for 2011.. show 'em how to race!

#8334 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 13:55

Alles Gute Michael!

#8335 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,137 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 14:23

Happy Birthday. Lets hope that he will have a better 2011 than 2010. :clap:

#8336 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 15:14

happy b-day Michael ! all the best in 2011 ! :up:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 03 January 2011 - 15:15.

#8337 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 15:17

Yep happy birthday michael and lets make 2011 a good year.

#8338 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,160 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 15:49

thats not behind, the front of barrichellos are clearly level with schumi's rears and he's faster at that point that the picture cant show so not really behind is it?

#8339 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,695 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 21:25

Britain94: The first penalty was the black flag.

Australia94: There was no penalty for any type of race accidents (remember 90 Suzuka) ans Schumi doesn't turn ito someone, he was just pushed out by the Williams. Totally Hill's fault.

Belgium95: Schumi doesn'f forced Hill out of track, only Schumi leave the asphalt one time.

(6:30)

Schumi just defend his position, like Senna in 93 Silverstone.

Britain98: Yes, they change the rules AFTER the race. But in that time it was legal.

Canada98: Thank's to that it was one of his greatest victory.

Europe03: it was legal in 2003:

"If a car stops during the race (except under Article 143c) and d), it must be removed from the track as quickly as possible so that its presence does not constitute a danger or hinder other competitors. If the driver is unable to drive the car from a dangerous position, it shall be the duty of the marshals to assist him. If any such assistance results in the engine starting and the driver rejoining the race, the car will be excluded from the results of the race."

If any such assistance results in the engine starting and the driver rejoining the race, the car will be excluded from the results of the race.---> that is not happend.

Monaco06: I already said my opiniuon about the telemetry, and if sy. watch a real speed video only can laugh about this "16kmh thing. In that corner his speed much more than 16kmh when he miss the breaking point.

British GP 94: Ok. Though, he did keep driving...

Belgium GP 95: Well, I can see 2 or 3 moves where he does not give Hill enough room, and more than one occasion that he switched more than once to defend.

British GP 98: I've never said any other thing either. A loophole is not illegal, it's smart and clever reading and understanding of the rules. Like Mercedes and Schumacer in Monaco this year, but he got penalized... a idiotic penalty.

Canada GP 98: I doesn't matter how good he drives, he caused a retirement of another driver, and then goes to complain about Hill's dangerous driving... hypocrite much...

Europe GP 03: Link? :) I do belive you, but there is often much more written on such places, I'm always eager to learn!

Monaco GP 06: We have to agree to disagree.

Hungary GP 10: Well, look at the guy over my post. That is considered equal rights.

Advertisement

#8340 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 22:06

Happy birthday champ!

#8341 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 22:07

thats not behind, the front of barrichellos are clearly level with schumi's rears and he's faster at that point that the picture cant show so not really behind is it?

RB goes left. The next moment he cross the line.

#8342 JPW

JPW

• 3,335 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 22:09

Alles Gute Michael!

Same here, I hope big Schumi has an enjoyable 2011 season. :up:

#8343 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 22:10

British GP 94: Ok. Though, he did keep driving...

Belgium GP 95: Well, I can see 2 or 3 moves where he does not give Hill enough room, and more than one occasion that he switched more than once to defend.

British GP 98: I've never said any other thing either. A loophole is not illegal, it's smart and clever reading and understanding of the rules. Like Mercedes and Schumacer in Monaco this year, but he got penalized... a idiotic penalty.

Canada GP 98: I doesn't matter how good he drives, he caused a retirement of another driver, and then goes to complain about Hill's dangerous driving... hypocrite much...

Europe GP 03: Link? :) I do belive you, but there is often much more written on such places, I'm always eager to learn!

Monaco GP 06: We have to agree to disagree.

Hungary GP 10: Well, look at the guy over my post. That is considered equal rights.

Belgium95: there was no rules for how many moves allowed. In that era the things was different (that time there was racing).

Canada98: a lot of driver caused a retirement of an other driver. Schumachers ratio is very low in this.

Europe03: Google it yourself...

Hungary 10: I ansewr to the other guy

#8344 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,695 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 23:47

Belgium95: there was no rules for how many moves allowed. In that era the things was different (that time there was racing).

Canada98: a lot of driver caused a retirement of an other driver. Schumachers ratio is very low in this.

Europe03: Google it yourself...

Hungary 10: I ansewr to the other guy

Belgium GP 95: May be true, but I still don't think it was allowed to make to little room,- but he did not push Hill like he pushed Barrichello.

Canada GP 98: Yes, others did it too, but I've never said that Schumacher is the only one, but this is a discussion regarding Schumacher, and he did it here.

Europe GP 03: It wouldn't have cost much to find it. But I found it. And well, then it was legal.

Hungary GP 10: Okidoki :)

#8345 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,332 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:02

Hail Schumacher

#8346 steveninthematrix

steveninthematrix

• 329 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:19

"the tallest tree catches the most wind"

#8347 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,997 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 13:03

Yep happy birthday michael and lets make 2011 a good year.

The most impressive thing is that by the end of the season Michael will be older than Jacques Laffite in Brands Hatch 1986 and Mario Andretti in Las Vegas 1982. In my reckoning he will be the oldest driver after Graham Hill, who was 46 in 1975, when he retired from racing.

Graham Hill at that age was long overdue to retire from racing, he could not qualify for his last two Monaco GPs, although Monaco was always the crown jewel in Graham´s career, having won it five times.

Let us hope that Michael´s fate in his 40s will be more benevolent.

Edited by aditya-now, 04 January 2011 - 13:04.

#8348 Zoe

Zoe

• 2,716 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 13:19

Graham Hill at that age was long overdue to retire from racing, he could not qualify for his last two Monaco GPs,

In the case of Hill senior it was more the case of a bad car than of a declining driver, I'd say.

Zoe

#8349 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,997 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 17:30

In the case of Hill senior it was more the case of a bad car than of a declining driver, I'd say.

Zoe

The car was a factor, but as you may remember, Hill never recovered from his 1969 accident in a Lotus when he broke his legs. He never had that speed again.
So the jury is still out if in modern era F1 it will be possible for anyone to win a GP beyond the age of 42...maybe there´s another record for Michael to break....

#8350 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:16

Do yall think getting Chris Dyer to form a Schumi reunion is possible?