Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#8401 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:06

Good videos,thanks! LOL @ comparing a kart race with professional karting champions to a small bunch of jokers playing in the snow. :yawnface:

Advertisement

#8402 TheMortalBard

TheMortalBard

• 98 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:41

And so it begins ... Awesome season ahead fellas

http://www.motorspor...p...98289&FS=F1

" ...In 2011, Rosberg saw off the challenge of F1's returning seven time champion Michael Schumacher, and he insisted he still does not fear his famous teammate.
" It may be close between us, and maybe he will beat me, but there's no way he's going to put me in the shade," he insisted.
"There is no reason why I would be worse than last year -- on the contrary, I will be better!"

In an interview with DPA news agency, Rosberg scoffed at Fernando Alonso's recent claim that Schumacher will be his biggest rival this year.
"It doesn't really interest me, but I found it a little strange that you wouldn't say Red Bull is your nearest rival. That seems pretty obvious," he said.

#8403 femi

femi

• 6,691 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:15

Thanks for the links, Ivan.

Forgive me to say it, but Michael is indeed getting old. He would have pulverized the competition in earlier days, his driving in Kerpen was modest, to say the least. Contrast that with Fernando Alonso ice carting in Madonna di Campiglio.

Literally speaking of course ;)

#8404 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 8,652 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:15

Another excuse: Apparently MS suffers from motion sickness, and cannot do simulator runs while Rosberg can (Ducth site).

#8405 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:29

Another excuse: Apparently MS suffers from motion sickness, and cannot do simulator runs while Rosberg can (Ducth site).

Not an excuse and not exactly breaking news either. Raikkonen has the same condition along millions of people right around the world.

#8406 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,611 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:57

Thanks for the links, Ivan.

Forgive me to say it, but Michael is indeed getting old. He would have pulverized the competition in earlier days, his driving in Kerpen was modest, to say the least. Contrast that with Fernando Alonso ice carting in Madonna di Campiglio.

See, this demonstrates the difference between an F1 fan and a motorsport fan.

#8407 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 15:36

Pitty his engine carked it. No surprise that he was at the front though.

#8408 cindy4ever33

cindy4ever33

• 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 16:24

http://www.motorspor...-Kerpen-60.html

another video of MS's kart race in Germany days ago.

#8409 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,512 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 20:35

If I got the gist of it, Schumacher made a poor start in the first race (fourth place, I think), fought back and overtook for 3rd and 3nd places, placed very fast lap times but could not overtake the leader. In the second race he did overtake the leader but then his engined failed him and he was overtaken by several drivers until the engine broke down.

#8410 Kimble

Kimble

• 1,129 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:00

If I got the gist of it, Schumacher made a poor start in the first race (fourth place, I think), fought back and overtook for 3rd and 3nd places, placed very fast lap times but could not overtake the leader. In the second race he did overtake the leader but then his engined failed him and he was overtaken by several drivers until the engine broke down.

Yes, totally over the hill, a laughing stock, put him out to pasture....

#8411 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:11

I even believe that Mercedes payed Alonse to say that stuff, ... to make Schumacher feel more confident, or at least some of his fans, that he is "still in the game" so to speak, after such an non-excistent 2010 season for slow-Schumacher.

I first thought, wow, that could be it, that would be the explanation. Then I saw that Frans wrote those lines. He is the most likable anti-Schumacher fan, as Ivan is the most likable Schumacher fan. Sorry for talking about other posters, it is only in the positive. And I take great joy from both Frans´posts and Ivan´s posts. :up:

#8412 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:31

Schumi needs to worry about Rosberg first.... I think Alonso's comments are just mindgames directed at his most obvious rivals, Vettel and Hamilton.

What most of you don´t consider is that these comments of Fernando, exactly at Madonna towards the Italian media, could have very well been directed at the Scuderia itself - it would be the utmost shame, if even the twin brother of Michael would defeat the Reds - so let us give it our all in 2011!

#8413 cindy4ever33

cindy4ever33

• 47 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 17:21

http://www.gocar.gr/..._toy_Schum.html

further information on motion sickness on stimulator.

#8414 I_hate_chicanes

I_hate_chicanes

• 101 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:19

Lol! :rotfl: Schumis so scared of Rosberg.....he resorts to this kind of bullshit now...what next?

#8415 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:42

"The team also said it is working on much more realistic simulation technology that will be ready shortly."

:cool:

#8416 as65p

as65p

• 18,474 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:47

Not an excuse and not exactly breaking news either. Raikkonen has the same condition along millions of people right around the world.

True. Which begs the question who launched that as a newsworthy information and why. If it comes from the team or even Schumacher himself, it does indeed smack a bit of getting the excuses in early.

#8417 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:53

Lol! :rotfl: Schumis so scared of Rosberg.....he resorts to this kind of bullshit now...what next?

The bullshit is inside your head, looking for a way to have a pop.

Typical tabloid gutter press newspaper reader reaction.

#8418 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 13:17

True. Which begs the question who launched that as a newsworthy information and why. If it comes from the team or even Schumacher himself, it does indeed smack a bit of getting the excuses in early.

Those 'excuses' have been around for at least 6 months now. Then f1today tried to put the 'exclusive' tag on it and finally everyone else woke up.

#8419 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 13:34

This "story" came up even before he put a foot in a mercedes F1 car.
It was stated (not officially) shortly after his GP2 test when it was questioned why that was neccessary - because the simulator was not an option for him.

Advertisement

#8420 as65p

as65p

• 18,474 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 18:11

Those 'excuses' have been around for at least 6 months now. Then f1today tried to put the 'exclusive' tag on it and finally everyone else woke up.

Apparently the quotes of Mercedes (PR department I assume) are from wednesday. It's not a new story but it's been rehashed right now, and my question was, by whom. Or more specifically, why does Mercedes feel the need to comment right now, if it's just old irrelevant stuff.

#8421 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 19:17

"The team also said it is working on much more realistic simulation technology that will be ready shortly."

:cool:

wont be ready until 2012

Apparently the quotes of Mercedes (PR department I assume) are from wednesday. It's not a new story but it's been rehashed right now, and my question was, by whom. Or more specifically, why does Mercedes feel the need to comment right now, if it's just old irrelevant stuff.

someone probably asked near the start of the month when ross brawn said the new simulator wouldnt be ready until 2012

Edited by arknor, 27 January 2011 - 19:18.

#8422 femi

femi

• 6,691 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 19:28

It was his neck, now it is the simulator. What is it next going to be, his marbles?

#8423 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 19:44

It was his neck, now it is the simulator. What is it next going to be, his marbles?

did you actually read the posts?

#8424 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 22:00

when has Mercedes used his neck as an "excuse"?

#8425 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:24

From YAHOO Eurosport.com - Pat Symonds on Michael Schumacher 2010 season and for 2011 :))

''Finally, the 57-year-old offered his views on the off-colour return to competition last year of record-breaking multiple F1 World Champion Schumacher, who he helped to engineer to the first two of his seven drivers’ crowns in the top flight at Benetton back in 1994 and 1995. Whilst confessing that he is a fully-fledged member of the ‘Schumi’ fan club, Symonds concedes that the 91-time grand prix-winner’s best days may now sadly be behind him.

“Firstly, I have to say I was very surprised,” he revealed. “When it was announced that he was coming back, I absolutely thought he’d be racing at the front. I have so much respect for that guy; he’s a wonderful driver, he’s a wonderful person to be honest and I really, really was rooting for him last year and I really felt for him when it didn’t go as well as we all hoped it would.

“Will he get back [to his best]? I don’t know. One of the things I know about Michael from working with him is that he can adapt his driving style to any car – those who remember that classic race in ’94 in Barcelona when he was stuck in fifth gear will appreciate just how good he is at adapting – so to say the car didn’t suit him I find a little bit difficult to believe, because I think he would have adapted to it very quickly.

“One can say that at the end of the year he was more competitive than at the beginning and I think that’s true, but he didn’t quite do what I expected so I’m not so sure it’s still there. I think he’s found a good rival in Nico [Rosberg – team-mate] and I think he’s going to have to work very hard. I hope, hope, hope that he does it this year, because I really believe he deserves it – he is one of the greatest champions our sport has ever had, and I really want to see him leave on top again.”

Pat Symonds rocks ! :up:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 28 January 2011 - 04:27.

#8426 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,135 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:30

Pat Symonds rocks ! :up:

Indeed, Crashgate is forgiven.

#8427 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:56

:rolleyes:
Do you realise how bitter and illogical you sound? The guy has had a couple of genuine, understandable medical issues over the last 18 months and the racing press has reported on them. Nobody's 'making' excuses for anything, it's just life, happening, as it generally does.

#8428 cindy4ever33

cindy4ever33

• 47 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 15:25

MS is in the celebration of 125th anniversary of Benz today in Stuttgart.

Follow Vincent Desmonts @VincentDesmonts (http://twitter.com/vincentdesmonts) on twitter for more pics of today's event.

#8429 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 15:53

Here are a few pictures of Michael Schumacher attending the launch of the new Mercedes SLK.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2q1ge12.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2ivyavb.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ywwpxy.jpg

#8430 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:47

Few more pictures from the event.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8431 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:14

He is not really overdress. With jeans? :rotfl:

#8432 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,814 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 13:32

Well at least it's not pink.

#8433 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 13:33

MS is in the celebration of 125th anniversary of Benz today in Stuttgart.

Was Moss there I wonder?

Yeah don't really care but got to admit that jacket is a shocker.

#8434 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 16:12

Yeah don't really care but got to admit that jacket is a shocker.

its what happens when you drive for eddie jordan at an impresionable young age

#8435 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 19:54

I LOL'ed. :up:

Edited by Szoelloe, 30 January 2011 - 19:54.

#8436 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:26

And here is Michael Schumacher in a suit attending the ceremony of '125 years inventors of the Automobile' - Mercedes Benz.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8437 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:44

Michael Schumacher interview with Bild.

Posted Image

BILD: Tomorrow, Tuesday the racing Formula 1 at the first test in Valencia release. You are 20 years of cockpit intended to hardly excited?
Michael Schumacher (42): "Quite the contrary. It tingles everywhere, hands, feet, head. The unrest is getting worse. I feel like a child before the Christmas presents. "

Your gift is your new Mercedes. If you already driven a few yards with it?
Schumacher: "No, but I have a good feeling. Today we need no longer sit in the car to get a first impression. There is enough data. "

BILD: What do you say the data?
Schumacher: "The guys in Brackley (Mercedes-GP factory in England, the editor) have done a great job, I am very satisfied. We had started quite early, to build the new car. Everything auto-2010s was to improve on, we also have improved significantly. "

IMAGE: Sounds as if you had even cooperated.
Schumacher: "I was always the engineers in contact with. You need the so imagine: In the winter I can not exercise much outside Sun Therefore I have inside a wheel on a roll. As I sit and sweat and think. How can we achieve this and that? Where do we stand in the schedule? What can I do, the engineers still a bit nervous to make it better? The cell phone I have at hand, the button in the ear. And when I call, knowing that in England, Schumacher again trained and broods over the car. "

PICTURE: Vice-World champion Fernando Alonso has it as the main rival. Pure flattery?
Schumacher: "Fernando can count on five fingers, want things to go better and better. He knows what our trajectory is run, which ended at the end so clearly up. He knows that we have much for the new car has taken us time. It is realistic to him, with the bill to take on Mercedes. "

BILD: Is the eighth title in it for you?
Schumacher: "A title candidate? So much for my opinion we are not yet. The situation is this: We at Mercedes know at this time pretty much where we stand. However, we do not know where the others stand. "

BILD: Do you find it with 42 years of hard to stay fit?
Schumacher: "Not at all. Last year I had three years of leisure time to the restart. This winter I've just trained on. I'm fully fit. "

PICTURE: Fit enough to be a 23-year-old world champion, your friend Sebastian Vettel to hunt?
Schumacher: "It's not just about a 23-year-olds. There are a few more young people there. But when I look at the so, I had last year, purely physically absolutely not hide for ever in world-class ride to the still can. "

IMAGE: 20 races in front of you, many days traveling. How does your wife Corinna from the?
Schumacher: "There are no more test drives. What I now time for Formula 1 Payments, is far less than in the past. Corinna knows to appreciate. "

PICTURE: It must be hard though.
Schumacher: "Corinna and the sport grew up with me. Before we decided that I dare the comeback last year, we have determined exactly which periods they are. And so we can plan the family lives now so that no one stand back in the family structure must be. Since I am also happy about it. Only under this premise, the whole comeback for me have been possible. I'm with Ross Brawn and Norbert Haug agreed that I would restrict the PR. Family life has priority for me. The family is of vital importance to me. "

BILD: Is there in your home, a vehicle with less than 100 horsepower?
Schumacher: "Sure. I have a nice old tractor, built something in the sixties. "

BILD: How do you motivate your team?
Schumacher: "In consequence of my own performance. If my boys watch that I give 100 percent, then hit the course and fully clean. My environment is so polarized: If it's not Schumacher fails to be, it also does not fail us. But it also needs times of personal conversations or gestures. "

BILD: What gestures?
Schumacher: "The whole thing may be small. A pat on the back or just a smile. I know all of my mechanics. I'm not good at remember names and needed a little bit because it was indeed a new team yet. But over time you build friendships. Then you also know at some point the names of their respective girlfriend or wife and asks how it is going on. Sorry, we do it too often, to drink a beer together.

BILD: Is it true that Mercedes champion Vettel dredged from?
Schumacher: "It's no secret that Sebastian again with us forever. We celebrate together, eat together for dinner. Since there is a long friendship between him, me, us, Norbert. From a purely hypothetical, it would be quite unreasonable, if Mercedes would not try to figure out whether the Sebastian we will continue in future. Because my future is still relatively predictable. Mind you, I'm talking theoretically, I'm not saying it is. "

PHOTO: Vettel is a positively crazy as you. He wants to go flying all that, can move.
Schumacher: "We were together even skydiving."

Rest of the interview is in this article.
http://translate.goo...verstecken.html

http://www.bild.de/B...verstecken.html

Edited by merschu, 31 January 2011 - 08:11.

#8438 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:47

Yeah, and especially the cowboy boots? I have some serious doubts about Europeans wearing cowboy boots.... but I guess here is a man, who doesn't really care what he's wearing. But I guess it makes him seem more human, can't hate a man with no dress-sense. :up:

#8439 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:25

Was Moss there I wonder?

:rotfl:

Advertisement

#8440 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 13:27

Sir Moss: "Michael was lucky to win all those titles"
http://img716.images...i/10892565.jpg/
http://img577.images...i/10892567.jpg/

Did he remember, for what he is talking about? :drunk:

Some pictures from 1991:
http://img163.images...mc0321oc06.jpg/
http://img62.imagesh...i/79272371.jpg/
http://img340.images...i/47627617.jpg/
http://img25.imagesh...i/85261103.jpg/
http://img543.images...i/91ita018.jpg/
He is still the same.
http://img717.images...tm0122au06.jpg/
http://img12.imagesh.../i/91por30.jpg/
http://img27.imagesh...schumacher.jpg/
http://img41.imagesh...tm0122au05.jpg/
http://img638.images.../i/91spa30.jpg/
http://img341.images...i/91esc090.jpg/
http://img257.images.../i/91jap28.jpg/
http://img208.images...mbenettonb.jpg/
These are not all pictures from this link.

Edited by ivand911, 31 January 2011 - 14:03.

#8441 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 13:49

Moss is a bloody idiot if he thinks luck played for all those titles.

#8442 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 14:11

He is Moss. He can say what he wants, don't get serious about it.

#8443 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 868 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 14:20

Yeah, and especially the cowboy boots? I have some serious doubts about Europeans wearing cowboy boots.... but I guess here is a man, who doesn't really care what he's wearing. But I guess it makes him seem more human, can't hate a man with no dress-sense. :up:

We have a saying in Germany: "There is nothing that can disfigure a beautiful man" (related to fashion) :lol:

#8444 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,336 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 14:22

I read that the other day, its mental, he also says i believe he says that when Schumi was winning, he wasnt even the best of the field back then

#8445 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,141 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 14:41

I read that the other day, its mental, he also says i believe he says that when Schumi was winning, he wasnt even the best of the field back then

Well now we know that the fall down the elevator wasn't the first sign of alzheimers. :lol:

Moss, though a fantastic driver by all accounts, always has been, and always will be an ignorant, rude, self-important twat.
MM

#8446 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 19:32

Sir Stirling Moss - a man with a permanant hard-on for Fangio who falls down empty elevator shafts.

#8447 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 19:33

Posted Image

Oh my, imagine the agony it must have been for him to wear such a classic suit, with a plain white shirt and a respectable tie and pair of shoes!!

#8448 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 19:59

All I know is Mercedes better deliver in 2011 - they gotta be a top 2 or 3 F1 team right from the get-go in Bahrain ...

I hope the car will be a rocket ship and Schumacher the master pilot to take it out of orbit ....C'mon Michael I believe in you , always did and always will ... Your the best - now go out there and win your 8th world title , cementing the FACT that your the greatest RACING DRIVER of ALL-TIME .... :up:

F**K Alonso and Hamilton -

#8449 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 20:39

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/89156

Schumy is downsizing the importance of racing simulators... but that's quite normal since old people tend to have problems with new technology. :p

Edited by DarthRonzo, 31 January 2011 - 20:40.

#8450 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 20:44

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/89156

Schumy is downsizing the importance of racing simulators... but that's quite normal since old people tend to have problems with new technology. :p

they arent that importaint did you see the guy whos awesome in iracing and not so great when put into a proper track car :wave:

mercedes had an outdated simulator anyway and theres no point spending loads of time in the simulator if it feels different in the real car