Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#8451 wati

wati

• 1,112 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 20:50

they arent that importaint did you see the guy whos awesome in iracing and not so great when put into a proper track car :wave:

mercedes had an outdated simulator anyway and theres no point spending loads of time in the simulator if it feels different in the real car

:down: OT: Greger was superb in his test. His braking was spot on, and he was only 2 - 3s behind the best times after only 20 - odd laps. His chubby body sadly couldn't handle more, but what else can you expect from a simracer ...

The ferrari and renault cars are impressive, I hope mercedes can be a match. Can't wait for the season to start!

Advertisement

#8452 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 20:59

they arent that importaint did you see the guy whos awesome in iracing and not so great when put into a proper track car :wave:

mercedes had an outdated simulator anyway and theres no point spending loads of time in the simulator if it feels different in the real car

Schumacher is full of excuses :rolleyes:

Saying that most of F1 drivers get dizzy behind a simulator wheel :down:

Schumy is f*cked up since his couple of bike crashes.
The guy gets blind passing over bumps, vomit sick in a sim and unrelistic optimist about his chances.

#8453 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 21:08

:down: OT: Greger was superb in his test. His braking was spot on, and he was only 2 - 3s behind the best times after only 20 - odd laps. His chubby body sadly couldn't handle more, but what else can you expect from a simracer ...

The ferrari and renault cars are impressive, I hope mercedes can be a match. Can't wait for the season to start!

3 seconds is a life time in motor racing and it wasnt exactly a fast car to start with so 3 seconds in that thing is more like 5 life times

#8454 wati

wati

• 1,112 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 21:24

3 seconds is a life time in motor racing and it wasnt exactly a fast car to start with so 3 seconds in that thing is more like 5 life times

Man, you're full of it. Wonder how you would fare ...

http://www.iracing.c...r-greger-huttu/

#8455 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,794 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 21:31

The attacks on sir stirling moss are pathetic :down:

Edited by Callisto, 31 January 2011 - 21:32.

#8456 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 21:53

The attacks on sir stirling moss are pathetic :down:

I agree - whilst I think he's a tosser and wrong in what he's saying - the lift shaft comments are out of order

#8457 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,329 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 21:57

Agree it's not something to make fun about really.

Everyone here respects sir stirling moss im sure but he's making a complete fool out of himself by keeping up this attacks on Schumacher. He has every right to voice his opinion but dear god he should know better by now and actually read back something he has said or written down. Even he should know he is writing and speaking complete BS.

#8458 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 22:43

interesting how some people doubt ms is fit enough to race but the same peoplethink moss is fit enough to judge anybody

yes, sir moss was a great driver. he's an old man

all people after a certain age start to speak nonsense. he's not unique in this

#8459 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 23:22

Agree it's not something to make fun about really.

Everyone here respects sir stirling moss im sure but he's making a complete fool out of himself by keeping up this attacks on Schumacher. He has every right to voice his opinion but dear god he should know better by now and actually read back something he has said or written down. Even he should know he is writing and speaking complete BS.

Indeed. I've never been a fan of SSM's continual disparaging remarks which are so cliched. How he can believe that MS couldn't be the best during his era of success is beyond me. Senna's death marked the changing of the guard as did Alonso's 2 WDCs, between them only Hakkinen stood as Michael's rival and Michael had a certain ability to drive the team which Mika probably lacked.

However there are people here who continue to "believe" in MS way beyond the call of duty. Fact is MS WAS a great F1 driver, one of the best. On the evidence of last season Nico is a better one at present, and by quite a margin. Times change and you always have to be prepared to change with them. Maybe in 2011 MS can recapture some of his earlier form and I will update my opinion. Notice I said "recapture" as I believe last year's dismal effort fell well short of what he once could have done, in any car.

I don't think that's putting the boot into the guy, just a reasonable assessment. Let's hope he can find that form as it would be good for the sport if he behaves on-track. Perhaps that's asking a lot....

Advertisement

#8460 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 17:15

I don't know if this was shown before:
Schumi's Sekret Tageblog: My Season
http://www.planet-f1...eblog-My-Season

#8461 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 21:38

http://i16.fastpic.r...1fda38577bb.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...d6245bf79bc.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...141d8e0a27c.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...637d8bfae41.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...ef061eae51f.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...c8aa20866d1.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...a94f6e7d575.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...8b11c5f4083.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...12dd7b73319.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...13e1178a6e0.jpg
http://i16.fastpic.r...5f999c2864e.jpg
http://photofile.ru/.../#mainImageLink

Edited by ivand911, 01 February 2011 - 21:44.

#8462 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 22:18

I don't know if this was shown before:
Schumi's Sekret Tageblog: My Season
http://www.planet-f1...eblog-My-Season

It's very easy to write MS's tageblog nowadays since you are never short of source material. :smoking:

#8463 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:43

I found that there is other Schumi's Sekret Tageblogs, that we didn't see between August 14 and this last one. The problem is that the morons form Planet-F1 stop to show them and every link for articles is to the Planet f1. I wrote them email about the situation. I really would like to see this missing parts.

Edited by ivand911, 02 February 2011 - 07:43.

#8464 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 15:23

Moss is right.

He was lucky, and he has none of the luck left at all..... :wave:

#8465 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 22:06

I think this season will much better than 2010:)

#8466 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:45

I think this season will much better than 2010:)

I'm feeling the same way about this year too ... Schumacher sounds pretty OPTIMISTIC early on this year which was the opposite last February of 09 .... I'll take his word , after all he's the 7 time world champion is'nt he ?

The car looks freakin sweet compared to last year's dissapointment and Mercedes GP had been develloping the W02 since mid 2010 ...

He says the rustiness is no longer there and that he felt at home right away driving the new car ....

This car will be for real in 2011 - :up:

Schumacher will win again this year , I got no doubt about that ... he's going to get a shit-load of podiums from the get-go and will be challenging for the Title like he promised .... :up:

watch out F1 - here he comes back again ... rising like a phoenix from Arizona -))

Maybe In Bahrain we will see this 42 year old phenom living-legend do his famous jump from the top of the podium ....

Go Michael Go ! :up:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 04 February 2011 - 01:49.

#8467 ch103

ch103

• 985 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:24

Im all but certain, based on his lap time consistency in testing, that given a competitive car he will win. No doubts about it whatsoever.

Nico had better recognize Mercedes is going to need him to collect points off the other front runners so just get used to being the 2nd driver.

#8468 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,336 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:32

I would love to at least 1 more time see the Schumi leap, i have some champagne on ice since this time last year, its been hard not to drink it, in fact, i might be tempted to pop the cork even for a podium :p

#8469 KiloWatt

KiloWatt

• 1,264 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:51

Moss is right.

This man must be the most likeable schum hater around here. Legend!
:up:

#8470 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:58

Moss is right.

Good. Fasten your seat belts Frans, you will have a feast this season.

#8471 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:07

You can say what you want about Schumacher. But I have found some love for Mercedes last season. They are a team what try to keep the sport honnest. They will not give Schumacher the kind of threadment he received at Benetton/Ferrari, at least they did not in they're 1st season back in F1. Which will probably be the most memorable seasons for the team for a long time to come. It will be named the season where the "Monster-Legend-7-Time-WDC" came, but it was no Veni, Vedi, Vici at all, now wasn't? :lol:

People have forgotten, that Michael has collected a whole bunch of wins in F1 in his carreer what are hollow, and meaningless to the FANS of the SPORT.

He raped the regulations and spitted on the rules. Drove against several WDC deciding Williams cars against they're sidepods, and his famous "Chop-Swerve" move has been named the "Schumacher-Chop" ever since. Yes the man made F1 fun to watch to some degree, but mostly he made the results unbearable most of the time.

2010 was an eye opener. It amazed me more than I could imagine. Mercedes GP = :up::up::up:

So, .. was Schumacher ALWAYS overrated maybe? Of course, but a 2nd season will tell us more about that and will open more people's eyes....
So, .. he will not win another race in his carreer, let stand alone another title? WHahahahaaaaaa :rotfl: :rotfl: Bring it on!!!! A podium will feel like a title for him !!!

2010 was for Schumacher more or less a Veni, Vedi, Ooopsie and I really really hope and pray that 2011 will be an extention of that. It will be bad for my health and it could cost me a lot of bans at bars in 2011, but it's worth it.

And, the moral of this story is? ... Well, ... Silver is for 2nd place, no? ... And Michael always had 7 stars on his helmet ever since he began.... now, conspiritual or not, WHY do you think that is? WHY not 8 stars on his helmet. He was brought by, supported by and made by no one less that Bernie and his hencemen. A German WDC was what he needed, and that's what F1 got. A couple of times! He made the man a "Veni, Vedi, Vici" German Sieger of Autosports. (Bernie later said he needed a black driver and there was Lewis.... Bernie also spoke of a woman in F1... it's a matter of time...) But Michael did his part. Which means he is only field-filling now, to let other driver look better, because a lot of people still believe and hope in the Mythological Michael Schumacher. The man who could so called win in a Minardi, or so they told us always...... :lol:

Regenmeister ..... (ooh, where's you illegal traction control now eh Michael? No more unfair advantages? Oh yes, you deserved them ... no you didn't.)

And no fear, Germany's NEW here is here! It's Vettel now, isn't? Poor old-Michael. Is he really only back in F1 to amuse me? :smoking:

I feared the beginning of 2010, I really did. But now, ... 2011 looks really good already. I LOOOVe to see him struggle with movable wings, KERS buttons and new Pirelli's in the field.
And I am also wondering what kind of sercret wonder-device Brawn has been able to coop-up for the Silver Arrows.... but as soon as I found it, I will tell it here 1st, no worries.

#8472 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:16

That must've been a tapir farting in the wind.

#8473 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:27

Many words from Frans this time ,but I enjoyed it. Frans , we all will have very good 2011.

Edited by ivand911, 04 February 2011 - 12:29.

#8474 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,336 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:28

People have forgotten, that Michael has collected a whole bunch of wins in F1 in his carreer what are hollow, and meaningless to the FRANS of the SPORT.

:smoking:

#8475 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:28

That must've been a tapir farting in the wind.

Frans back in full blow is always a good sign

#8476 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:35

yep a clown is always needed around for entertainment purpose

#8477 vidc

vidc

• 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 15:41

@Frans- LOL man :D

#8478 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 15:59

You can say what you want about Schumacher. But I have found some love for Mercedes last season. They are a team what try to keep the sport honnest. They will not give Schumacher the kind of threadment he received at Benetton/Ferrari, at least they did not in they're 1st season back in F1. Which will probably be the most memorable seasons for the team for a long time to come. It will be named the season where the "Monster-Legend-7-Time-WDC" came, but it was no Veni, Vedi, Vici at all, now wasn't? :lol:

People have forgotten, that Michael has collected a whole bunch of wins in F1 in his carreer what are hollow, and meaningless to the FANS of the SPORT.

He raped the regulations and spitted on the rules. Drove against several WDC deciding Williams cars against they're sidepods, and his famous "Chop-Swerve" move has been named the "Schumacher-Chop" ever since. Yes the man made F1 fun to watch to some degree, but mostly he made the results unbearable most of the time.

2010 was an eye opener. It amazed me more than I could imagine. Mercedes GP = :up::up::up:

So, .. was Schumacher ALWAYS overrated maybe? Of course, but a 2nd season will tell us more about that and will open more people's eyes....
So, .. he will not win another race in his carreer, let stand alone another title? WHahahahaaaaaa :rotfl: :rotfl: Bring it on!!!! A podium will feel like a title for him !!!

2010 was for Schumacher more or less a Veni, Vedi, Ooopsie and I really really hope and pray that 2011 will be an extention of that. It will be bad for my health and it could cost me a lot of bans at bars in 2011, but it's worth it.

And, the moral of this story is? ... Well, ... Silver is for 2nd place, no? ... And Michael always had 7 stars on his helmet ever since he began.... now, conspiritual or not, WHY do you think that is? WHY not 8 stars on his helmet. He was brought by, supported by and made by no one less that Bernie and his hencemen. A German WDC was what he needed, and that's what F1 got. A couple of times! He made the man a "Veni, Vedi, Vici" German Sieger of Autosports. (Bernie later said he needed a black driver and there was Lewis.... Bernie also spoke of a woman in F1... it's a matter of time...) But Michael did his part. Which means he is only field-filling now, to let other driver look better, because a lot of people still believe and hope in the Mythological Michael Schumacher. The man who could so called win in a Minardi, or so they told us always...... :lol:

Regenmeister ..... (ooh, where's you illegal traction control now eh Michael? No more unfair advantages? Oh yes, you deserved them ... no you didn't.)

And no fear, Germany's NEW here is here! It's Vettel now, isn't? Poor old-Michael. Is he really only back in F1 to amuse me? :smoking:

I feared the beginning of 2010, I really did. But now, ... 2011 looks really good already. I LOOOVe to see him struggle with movable wings, KERS buttons and new Pirelli's in the field.
And I am also wondering what kind of sercret wonder-device Brawn has been able to coop-up for the Silver Arrows.... but as soon as I found it, I will tell it here 1st, no worries.

What did you have for lunch? You should change your diet! :rotfl:

#8479 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 16:20

What did you have for lunch? You should change your diet! :rotfl:

I don't think what Frans eats is the problem.

Advertisement

#8480 Snuggie

Snuggie

• 71 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 18:16

I don't think what Frans eats is the problem.

:up: :rotfl:

#8481 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 18:23

yep a clown is always needed around for entertainment purpose

haha :rotfl:

#8482 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 18:53

Frans man. You are classic!

On topic, Amus reports that Schumacher is still not happy with the tires, and hopes for more changes before the start of the season. No idea if its any good as a publication, i happen to not be german! :)

I cant find the link to it either. A run down of it was in the Ferrari thread.

#8483 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 19:00

On topic, Amus reports that Schumacher is still not happy with the tires, and hopes for more changes before the start of the season. No idea if its any good as a publication, i happen to not be german! :)

schumacher was talking about the tyre degradation
its a mis quote, as now people will interpret it as last year's tyre problem...when in reality he was just saying the tyre degradation is bad and hope it will be changed....exactly like all the other dirvers were saying!

#8484 nateshan

nateshan

• 132 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 19:01

Translated by Google:

Mercedes - Note: 3

From the silver arrows one is not smart. The lap times are only average, but the drivers and engineers exude optimism. We therefore, only functional tests run have apologized. Michael Schumacher still at odds with the characteristics of the tires and hopes that by the beginning of the season change. Pirelli race director Paul Hembery to disappoint him: "Much will it not happen again, than fine tuning to adapt. The teams and drivers now know the tire, and it is up to them, as well as possible themselves." The car is like the Ferrari too conservative. The new MGPW02 see them in comparison to its predecessor from spectacular. Team boss Ross Brawn can still not make you nervous: "We still have our exhaust Joker in the hindquarters played other. Have it already."

#8485 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 19:05

I think the tyre problem is specific for this track. Will be different picture on the next track.
http://motorsport.ne...a-03fev/547.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...a-03fev/314.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...a-03fev/299.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...a-03fev/464.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...a-03fev/456.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...a-03fev/449.jpg

Edited by ivand911, 04 February 2011 - 21:48.

#8486 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 00:35

Looks like he needs a smaller race suit

#8487 Bison

Bison

• 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:01

Moss is right.

idiot

#8488 finignig

finignig

• 386 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:40

Frans still out and about i guess?

why dont you guys just put him on your ignore list and move on?!, its just a nice took you know, enriches your experience on the forums!

Edited by finignig, 05 February 2011 - 02:42.

#8489 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:29

You know the season is ready to kick off when Frans arrives

#8490 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:57

Looks like he needs a smaller race suit

probably the one he wore last year :rotfl: , aparently hes lose quite alot of weight

#8491 TheNewStig

TheNewStig

• 546 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 13:12

You can say what you want about Schumacher. But I have found some love for Mercedes last season. They are a team what try to keep the sport honnest. They will not give Schumacher the kind of threadment he received at Benetton/Ferrari, at least they did not in they're 1st season back in F1.

Is'n it a prove for that he was not give any kind of threadment in Ferrari and Benneton?
In 2010 he had a better teammate,in 1995 or 2004 he did not.But now he is in his 40's and haven't drive since 2006 so it is not any surprise that he need time to catch up.
Wil he be any better this year?
I am not any Michael Schumacher-lover like you seems to be but i belive he could be competative but he still is 42.
But he is a great sportsman to take the challenge,he know what he is up against,Lewis Hamilton,Vettel,Button,Rosberg etc,it is a very competative field!

#8492 cindy4ever33

cindy4ever33

• 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 13:19

Posted Image

Michael even forgot that the tyre supplier this season is no longer Bridgestone. :rotfl:

#8493 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 13:33

Posted Image

Michael even forgot that the tyre supplier this season is no longer Bridgestone. :rotfl:

I think he just use his 2010 helmet. Maybe it is more comfortable than the new one. But, still the guy who is responsible for his helmet need to remove that sticker. Or Michael secretly advertise Bridgestone. :)

Edited by ivand911, 05 February 2011 - 13:47.

#8494 TheNewStig

TheNewStig

• 546 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 13:51

Later on:
Posted Image

#8495 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 13:58

:rolleyes: or it's the only helmet where his head fits in.....

#8496 TheNewStig

TheNewStig

• 546 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 14:06

:rolleyes: or it's the only helmet where his head fits in.....

He have a huge place in your's head.
It seems he fits in there to :rotfl:

#8497 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 22:37

Franz seems to be horny...

Posted Image

#8498 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 18:14

He was at the exposition "ISPO" for winter sports in munich today and was also asked about the car.
He responded that the reliability was fine on the final day, which was very encouraging. Asked about the speed of the car he smiled and said it´ll show soon.

After seeing that I think they´re in a much better situation than 1 year ago.

After those question someone in the background told him what happened to Kubica :(

Edited by Urawa, 06 February 2011 - 18:15.

#8499 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:26

Frans - What a bitter shallow person you are.

Advertisement

#8500 KiloWatt

KiloWatt

• 1,264 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:44

Frans - What a bitter shallow person you are.

I just think he's got a crunch on him and isn't ready to admit it yet...