Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#8551 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 16:22

nothing wrong with that journalist, he does a great job there! And of COURSE it was a glory lap of Schumacher, nothing else. low fuel, only for 10 laps on different tires, bam. congratulations.

source?

Advertisement

#8552 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 16:23

nothing wrong with that journalist, he does a great job there! And of COURSE it was a glory lap of Schumacher, nothing else. low fuel, only for 10 laps on different tires, bam. congratulations.

12 laps, 10 were fast laps plus out and in lap.

#8553 Snuggie

Snuggie

• 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 16:24

source?

Liquor store. :)

#8554 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 16:29

Liquor store. :)

Mwahahahahahaaaaahhh

nice one

#8555 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,495 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 21:55

I wondered why Autosport did not report the news of Schumacher's first heading the time sheets since his return at the top of the page. Could this be the reason? (Honest question; perhaps Autosport does not always prints the test session's results at the top).

Perhaps I was right?

#8556 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 22:13

Am watching Schumacher giving Senna a wax at Spain GP 1992 in wet conditions. Senna couldnt touch the German. Schumacher the only one who gave the superior Williams of Mansell something to think about. What a driver!

edit: woops, and Senna spins off and crashes trying to catch Schumacher with 2 laps to go.

If that is what you really see in that GP, well, no one can take your post seriously anymore...

#8557 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 21:57

Where are all Schumacher's sponcers gone ?????

His helmet has got a Monster logo on top of it but the rest of the helmet is plain-jane .... WHY ?

Monster energy drink sponcering MS is a bit strange ....

Wili Webber , MS's ex manager ,said last season that finding new sponcers for Michael in 2010 was alot harder than it the past.
He even said that finding a 40 year-old virgin was alot easier these days than finding sponcers for Schumacher .. !

#8558 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:24

His helmet has got a Monster logo on top of it but the rest of the helmet is plain-jane .... WHY ?

Wili Webber , MS's ex manager ,said last season that finding new sponcers for Michael in 2010 was alot harder than it the past.
He even said that finding a 40 year-old virgin was alot easier these days than finding sponcers for Schumacher .. !

Why you look them on his helmet? Monster is team sponsor. Here are his personal sponsors:
http://www.michael-s...o...art&lang=uk
I don't know even if they work with Webber any more? Don't worry about him, he will survive. ;)

Edited by ivand911, 13 February 2011 - 22:25.

#8559 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:25

Has Michael ever had sponsors on his helmet?

Dont think so....

Advertisement

#8560 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 13:11

Michael Schumacher tipped for success by Ross Brawn

Mercedes GP team principal Ross Brawn believes driver Michael Schumacher has rediscovered his edge.

"It would be a tremendous boost for Formula One if he succeeds," Brawn told BBC Radio Northampton."We had a quiet year with Michael last year. Now he's looking sharp and he might surprise a few people.

"Brawn believes this will be the season where Schumacher, who said he was "slightly concerned" about the pace of the new Mercedes , shows the quality that brought him two world titles with Benetton and five with Ferrari. "He's not been involved in the sport for three years, and undoubtedly in that time, certain edges go soft. I think they're sharp again now," said Brawn.

"I've heard the comments that he's tarnishing his image because he's not winning races, but he's loving what he's doing. He's not worried what people think about him."

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/9399262.stm

#8561 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:24

The longstanding DVAG [VW group] logo is missing.
Since he works now for Mercedes...

And Willy WeBer is taking care of MS licensing business only.

#8562 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:02

The longstanding DVAG [VW group] logo is missing.
Since he works now for Mercedes...

As far as I remember Michael didn't ever have the DVAG logo on his helmet. He used to wear their cap all the time.
He had the DVAG logo on his cap last year in silver & white
Posted Image

And this year he has the cap in silver & red.
Posted Image
He was wearing this cap during the Valencia test.

Edited by merschu, 17 February 2011 - 05:27.

#8563 black magic

black magic

• 3,880 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:35

maybe another area of hope follows from pedro de la rosa comments that the pirellis are relative strong grip in the front and will suffer from relative rear tyre degredation.

those characteristcs should in fact suit michael depending on how the car performs.

maybe not all hopeless. the question will be just how strong that front end grip really will be.

#8564 destiny

destiny

• 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 20:16

Irrespective of the Merc's pace , Michael seems to be getting his groove back.May be he would beat Rosberg with relative ease this year.

#8565 destiny

destiny

• 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 20:16

Irrespective of the Merc's pace , Michael seems to be getting his groove back.May be he would beat Rosberg with relative ease this year.

#8566 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:32

Does anyone even read The Sun? I don't know what to say about this article!

THE yo-yo form of Mercedes GP in pre-season testing is baffling Formula One experts.
Nico Rosberg ended the latest session at Barcelona in second place overall after setting the fastest time on Day 3 of the four-day test.

Yet team-mate Michael Schumacher ended up way down in 23rd overall with a best time more than THREE SECONDS slower than Rosberg's.

Some observers at Barcelona reckoned Schumacher may have been entrusted with longer, more conservative runs to simulate race distances, while Rosberg was allowed to go full pelt on low fuel and fresh tyres.

But others felt the car suits Rosberg far better than Schuey - and that the seven-time world champ is in deep trouble.Schumacher remained nonplussed over his apparently disappointing lap times.

He said: "Overall it was a productive test for us."On the performance side, this isn't the package we will start the season with, so we are not drawing too many firm conclusions."Whatever the truth, Schuey's prospects have become the most intriguing talking point in the build-up to the new season.

And there seems little doubt he is among the drivers who will be happy to have more time to develop his car now the first race in Bahrain has been called off.

http://www.thesun.co...ercedes-GP.html

Edited by merschu, 23 February 2011 - 07:34.

#8567 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:36

It's obvious that Michael is 3 seconds slower than Rosberg.

On a more serious note : i haven't seen any indication (or even comments) that the car suits one driver more. It's all rather murky (which is the only thing worth taking away from the sun article).

#8568 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:10

Or he beats Rosberg with some difficulty. Geez. Isn't there a possibility that Rosberg is a lot better than you think?

#8569 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:19

The SUN guys will be shocked if they see Jerez results. But, I guess then their conclusion will be like this: Michael was 2 sec faster than Nico in Jerez, but in Barcelona Nico was faster by 3 sec. So in the end he is 1 sec faster than Schumacher. :rotfl:

#8570 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:12

Or he beats Rosberg with some difficulty. Geez. Isn't there a possibility that Rosberg is a lot better than you think?

I think you are right. If Michael beats Nico it will definitely be with some or much difficulty. Rosberg is a great driver and I think it will be pretty close, perhaps even too close to call.

And to be fair: isn't that just the best possible scenario? Especially if the Merc is not a front runner at least we will be able to enjoy a feisty inner-team battle. :up:

#8571 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:54

The SUN guys will be shocked if they see Jerez results. But, I guess then their conclusion will be like this: Michael was 2 sec faster than Nico in Jerez, but in Barcelona Nico was faster by 3 sec. So in the end he is 1 sec faster than Schumacher. :rotfl:

The Sun is the gutter press aimed at people with three brain cells. Everything is over-simplified and over-exaggerated.

One of their recent headlines was 'MUSLIMS WANT SHARIA LAW IN UK NOW!'

Their target group was 60 students out of whom only 16 or so wanted Sharia Law.

It's no surprise that their sports reporting is equally OTT and dumbed down for the dumbed down masses that purchase their paper.

#8572 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:56

To me,it's the opposite: it utterly doesn't matter who beats whom if they're being lapped multiple times in a race or some such nightmare...

#8573 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:57

I think you are right. If Michael beats Nico it will definitely be with some or much difficulty. Rosberg is a great driver and I think it will be pretty close, perhaps even too close to call.

And to be fair: isn't that just the best possible scenario? Especially if the Merc is not a front runner at least we will be able to enjoy a feisty inner-team battle. :up:

My respect for Nico has gone up a great amount. Having MS as his team mate has elevated his performances and overcome some psychological obstacles much like Button-Hamilton.

He will benefit a great deal from MS' presence.

#8574 fetel

fetel

• 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:05

Can Schumacher reignite his comeback?

http://uk.eurosport....y/article/5105/

#8575 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:09

Michael needs something to work with. He'll never be as fast as 15 years ago, but give him a car that's there or thereabouts and I suspect we'd see some more familiar glimpses.

#8576 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:38

Michael needs something to work with. He'll never be as fast as 15 years ago, but give him a car that's there or thereabouts and I suspect we'd see some more familiar glimpses.

So would many other drivers including rosberg

#8577 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,722 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:40

Does anyone even read The Sun? I don't know what to say about this article!

http://www.thesun.co...ercedes-GP.html

Come on...it's The Sun. I've read better articles in Hustler than what they produce daily.

#8578 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:55

I love it ....

Yet team-mate Michael Schumacher ended up way down in 23rd overall with a best time more than THREE SECONDS slower than Rosberg's.

:rotfl: fun read

#8579 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 20:11

Michael can still get the job done. It all depends on what he's given to work with. If Mercedes give him a half decent car we will see him somewhere on the podium.

Advertisement

#8580 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 20:17

The Sun is the lowest of the low and only people whos knuckles drag on the ground tend to read it...or attempt to.

Like most biased tabloid trash, they dislike Michael intently because he kicked Hills backside in 94-95 so any chance they can get to have a go at him, they will.

#8581 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 20:19

Michael can still get the job done. It all depends on what he's given to work with. If Mercedes give him a half decent car we will see him somewhere on the podium.

Posted Image

#8582 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 21:45

:evil: :mad:

#8583 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 22:40

He will be beaten soundly by rosberg yet again. Maybe the current drivers are the greatest drivers in the history of the sport

#8584 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 22:41

I love it ....

:rotfl: fun read

i like how they fail to mention schumacher had the second fastest time at jerez....

but it is the sun after all and in the real world we know testing doesnt mean much but why didnt they compare the race simulation times at barcelona?

#8585 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 23:34

He will be beaten soundly by rosberg yet again. Maybe the current drivers are the greatest drivers in the history of the sport

sure , better than Prost, Senna, Hakkinen, Fangio, Schumacher, Stewart, Clark , etc etc etc etc etc ....

:wave:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 23 February 2011 - 23:36.

#8586 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 00:42

you're still around here? I thought you've written "enough said" on a similar topic

#8587 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:12

If Rosberg beats Schumi in Melbourne's qualifying, this thread will be full of Schumacher haters(Senna fanboys and etc) mocking him.

If Schumacher beats Rosberg in Melbourne's qualifying, this thread will have only Schumi fans praising him and his haters will hide/vanish.

I mean, what one expects to see in this thread is a no-brainer.

#8588 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:04

What would you like to see in the "Michael Schumacher" thread.

#8589 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:16

sure , better than Prost, Senna, Hakkinen, Fangio, Schumacher, Stewart, Clark , etc etc etc etc etc ....

Skills aside, at least a half of them are mentally and pyhsically better for sure, simply goes with the times (better biomechanics understanding, food and training etc) - have a look at podiums back then with some tired, ragged looking drivers and look at them on the podium today.

If Schumacher beats Rosberg in Melbourne's qualifying, this thread will have only Schumi fans praising him and his haters will hide/vanish.

How wrong you are, If MS has times better than Rosberg then the "Mercedes are favouring MS" crowd will start up.

#8590 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:02

Skills aside, at least a half of them are mentally and pyhsically better for sure, simply goes with the times (better biomechanics understanding, food and training etc) - have a look at podiums back then with some tired, ragged looking drivers and look at them on the podium today.

with all due respect cheapracer :up: , being phisically fit has got nothing to do with talent !

Yes you are right about todays drivers being more in ''shape'' , but does having a six-pack , or being able to do a triathlon, equate to making a Formula-One car go faster ? I dont buy that .... never have and never will ....

Arnold Schwarzenneger , who is considered to be the greatest body-builder of all-time, competed and won his titles in the 70's ...
When he was Mr.Universe in the late 70's he weighed 235 pounds ... Today's top body-builders are at least in the 275 pounds range ...

Does that make them BETTER body builders just becuase they got bigger ? No.

Until I see the scientific community come out with evidence that proves today's drivers can drive a car ''Faster'' around corners than previous generations , I will stick with my own beliefs and common sence ....

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 24 February 2011 - 04:03.

#8591 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:38

you're still around here? I thought you've written "enough said" on a similar topic

And who the he'll are you?

#8592 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:39

damonw , are you sure this is your favorite team and drivers? Quote: "mclaren, hamilton,senna and schumacer" . I don't see much love for the last one. Even Frans don't have so many favorite drivers.

Edited by ivand911, 24 February 2011 - 07:40.

#8593 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:40

And who the hell are you?

#8594 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:46

What makes you think they are not? Schumi was destroying a 3x world champion in piquet by sometimes over a second in qualifying. Piquet in turn beat mansell. Mansell on the other hand did well against Prost when his car was reliable. Prost and senna? There was really nothin between them at all. Last year schumacer was embarrassing and was destroyed by rosberg, who was supposed to be the number 2 driver.

#8595 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:50

It is official now. We have new kid on the block. Some disappear , new come forward. :lol:

Edited by ivand911, 24 February 2011 - 07:51.

#8596 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:09

It is official now. We have new kid on the block. Some disappear , new come forward. :lol:

New kid on the block? I've probably been watching f1 longer than you pal

#8597 Fondmetal

Fondmetal

• 148 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:09

You clearly missed the 80's and the 90's and much of the 00's :lol:

#8598 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:27

You clearly missed the 80's and the 90's and much of the 00's :lol:

You clearly didn't.. I've been watching since about 1990. The likes of Hamilton and alonso would have been winning titles in the era of senna and prost

#8599 damonw

damonw

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:58

:rotfl:
Thank you you made my day special. Keep on going you could persuade some one who is new in this sport. Watching the F1 sport for such a long period did not help you to much did it?

Where's your evidence that the drivers in the 80's were better than the current crop? If you were good in those days the level of competition made you look exceptional. They wouldn't have dominated the current era because today's competition is much tougher

Advertisement

#8600 gdanskii

gdanskii

• 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:19

There is some logic to this argument drivers are getting quicker. F1 magazine rans an article about it a few years ago. i can't remember the detail. But if you look at any sport, people have just got better and better at it, records tumble every year. There is nothing to suggest this evolution is not taking part in f1. I don't buy into Hamilton and Alonso would of blown away Senna or Prost, but i do believe they would shaded them over a season.

E.g everyone is an Alesi fan and regarded him as quick, but in the time he was paired with Prost he was on average 1½ secs a lap slower (you can look that up) If a driver was that far of his team mates pace now, he'd be fired. and you would be laughed of any forum for suggesting a driver so far off his team mate is quick :), So clearly the level which the entire field is performing at is very high.

What i believe is the best of the next generation is always slightly better than the best of the previous, like any sport, however the best of the previous generation are still able to hang with most of the next generation. Hope that makes sense.

And this is where i feel MS will fit in if he gets back to somewhere near his best, able to best most of the field except the top two or three. I feel it is a pity we will never see him in a competative car again.