Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:17

Frans obviously.

Senna had no idea what he was on about.

Advertisement

#8902 Chick0

Chick0

• 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:35

Hehehe, in 2006 his car/team package was way better than last years and back then he was able to win something (a race or so). That's probably why.

Let it not be misunderstood, Schumacher drove also in 2010, and about that season the Schumacher fans will not talk to much, for obvious reasons. What I find weird, is that almost everybody say's Schumacher is very talented and stuff like that. As if he is more talented than others, come on be real. The man is been chosen to fit in the myth building that the FIA and others organised after/during 1994, when Senna left the sport so abruptly. Somehow this sport needs a person better than the rest. Even if it's not so, at least the fans must believe it is there. Schumacher fitted the shoe, and kept walking with it untill 2006. He got 7 titles under indeed special circumstances, what have NOTHING to do with his talent or something like that at all. He is massifly overrated and many of his fans will never see the treu Schumacher, like he was more or less in 2010. In 2010 he was NOT the fastest Mercedes powered driver. Not even close, he was even fighting and struggling with other teams also powered by Mercedes engine's and they're names were NOT McLarens.
Do not forget that Schumacher's dominance was more a result of Germany's economy, than his hands and feet.

He must have been very very happy with the new point system, otherwise he would have never had so many points in 2010 as he got in the end.

Let me ask you one question. WHAT IF, 2010 was the 1st season of Schumacher's true talent? Without the help of teamorders, special tires, illiegal traction control and other stuff they invented to make him (or better said; his car) go faster than the rest. Sure, in the end you have to DO it. Get the results and simply do it. Haveing the best car and stuff won' make you a winner per se. But he did that. He managed it 7 f*cking times. But still I have not seen something super extraordinary from the man to come up with the conclusion that he is sooo great and talented. Not ONCE.

He has the numbers, sure. Let it be so. But he does not have the " ". Ya know ... I don't know the word, but I think some of you can understand what I mean.... (or not).

2010 was a splendid season. One I didn't expect to be honest. I was afraid the Brawn-Schumi tricks and treats where right up there ... to sting me hard in 2010. But it didn't. I had an amazing season in 2010 thanks to that. And I hope, pray and will keep praying it will be so again in 2011. No indications out there why it shouldn't actually, so I am not worried.

If 2011 will be another 2010-season for Schumacher (his perfomance-wise) then many people will have to open, or re-open they're eyes. I know after a winter season the hopes are high again, and that everything could change back into how it once was. But, don't get your hopes up to high.

Schumacher did it, and won't do it again. The powers what where, are not there anymore for him. He's done, finito, over and Schluß.

Are you Karl Pilkington? Cause this some of the most inspired delusional nonsense i have ever read in my life..

#8903 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:35

choices, choices....who to believe? frans or ayrton senna?

Hear hear..... And nobody believed him (Senna) when he said that one of the Benettons in 1994 was running with traction control?? HE knew what he was talking about yes. Yet many F1 fans do not take his accusation serious.... But I still do.

If he only had a fair opponent that season ........ :cry:

#8904 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:48

I give Schumacher credit for one thing, he turned Ferrari into an organized and dominating team. He brought along the right people, brought along massive motivation, was the undisputed number 1, got paid huge $$$$ for doing so and reaped the benefits.
IF he can do it at Mercedes, hat's off to him.

Schumacher didn't turn ferrari into anything. Ferrari decided to invest in adding a proven winning Formula to fantastic foundations.
It now seems the major part of that formula made Jenson Button world champion.

Funny that schumacher is the only driver under newey or brawn who gets the main accolades, where as with Vettel, Hill, Villeneuve, Button it was a newey or brawn effort with average drivers, yet 2 of those average drivers were Schumacher's biggest tests until Alonso turned up in a half decent car.

Ferrari were 3rd best team with wins, poles and fastest laps before he joined. Often breaking up the four very dominant Williams and Benettons. They needed reliability which was achieved by the structure Ross Brawn put in place.

No doubt his success wouldn't have been achieved without hard work and talent, but hard work can also lead to nothing if your'e in the wrong place at the wrong time.
What if Senna had lived or gone to Ferrari or Benetton? Prost and Mansell been a few years younger? things would have been very very different. Schumacher was capable of taking points off the above names, but theres no way he would have dominated them. He struggled to dominate Hill even after his ban in 94 when they won a race each and he cracked in the final being charged down by Hill. Senna would have cleaned up the 90s with Hill as his rear gunner, we would then be talking about a very very different Michael Schumacher.

If Lewis is able to team-up with newey or brawn and trophy hunt for 7 years with Button obeying team orders, with Alonso and Vettel retired, should he be considered the greatest ever? And how would non Lewis fans feel if some of those 8 titles were won with tactics as used in Macua 90, Adelaide 94, Jerez 97, Nurburgring 2003?

#8905 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:54

Hear hear..... And nobody believed him (Senna) when he said that one of the Benettons in 1994 was running with traction control?? HE knew what he was talking about yes. Yet many F1 fans do not take his accusation serious.... But I still do.

If he only had a fair opponent that season ........ :cry:

The reason nobody believed him was because he was wrong. The sound of traction control, not to mention the completely rudimentary systems that existed around that time, is unmistakeable to the human ear. Watch some footage of the B194 and listen for yourself for the presence of any TC. Another point to note is how many wheelspin-laden poor starts (relative to the Williams') Schumacher had throughout '94, but of course these are forgotten about in comparison with his good start at France. Senna just couldn't handle being slower than Michael.

#8906 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:55

Schumacher didn't turn ferrari into anything. Ferrari decided to invest in adding a proven winning Formula to fantastic foundations.

Funny that schumacher is the only driver under newey or brawn who gets the main accolades, where as with Vettel, Hill, Villeneuve, Button it was a newey or brawn effort with average drivers, yet 2 of those average drivers were Schumacher's biggest tests until Alonso turned up in a half decent car.

Ferrari were 3rd best team with wins, poles and fastest laps before he joined. Often breaking up the four very dominant Williams and Benettons. They needed reliability which was achieved by the structure Ross Brawn put in place.

And you were saying? How Ross Brawn end up in Ferrari? Maybe without MS help? Other guys from Benetton? Yeah, all this years Michael didn't have any part/role in having this very good cars? Maybe Ferrari was good team before Michael join them, but they were good for only third best team and this only if they were lucky. He didn't needed Ferrari to became Champion, where they desperately needed him to become Champions. He could easily be a Champion in 1996 with Benetton or Williams. But, he invested in Ferrari to achieve great results for them. But, he could do it with other teams too.

Edited by ivand911, 23 March 2011 - 15:17.

#8907 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:58

No doubt his success wouldn't have been achieved without hard work and talent, but hard work can also lead to nothing if your'e in the wrong place at the wrong time.
What if Senna had lived or gone to Ferrari or Benetton? Prost and Mansell been a few years younger? things would have been very very different. Schumacher was capable of taking points off the above names, but theres no way he would have dominated them. He struggled to dominate Hill even after his ban in 94 when they won a race each and he cracked in the final being charged down by Hill. Senna would have cleaned up the 90s with Hill as his rear gunner, we would then be talking about a very very different Michael Schumacher.

If Lewis is able to team-up with newey or brawn and trophy hunt for 7 years with Button obeying team orders, with Alonso and Vettel retired, should he be considered the greatest ever? And how would non Lewis fans feel if some of those 8 titles were won with tactics as used in Macua 90, Adelaide 94, Jerez 97, Nurburgring 2003?

lets all forget schumacher was already dominating senna... he would have won atleast half of the championships he did anyway

#8908 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:33

Assuming that you are right, you are wrong at least about the tire advantage by the way, but for the sake of conversation let's say that you are right in both aspects. But two obvious questions pop up. 1) Perhaps he did have a little bit of input in building that dominat car? And the second, maybe there is a reason as to why was he given those all-winning cars? Something like what came first, the chicken or the egg.

Anyway, if he had that overwhelming hardware advantage that means that his teammates should reflect that in the final standings. Yes yes, I know, they were by contract prevented to challenge him but surely those same contracts clearly stipulated that those leutenants/slaves/second fiddles have to, by contract, defeat everyone else, am I right? Other than 2002 and 2004 that didn't happen. That's only 2 championships out 7.
-----------------------
Ivand911, why do you keep quoting that garbage from planetf1? They're definitelly not informative and they're not even funny anymore, assuming that they were actually funny at some point... Just curious. :confused:

I would agree with you IF 1999 didn´t prove me wrong.

Ferrari didn´t want to win the title, they only wanted Michael Schumacher to win. There was no ferrari, only MS´s team.

#8909 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:35

lets all forget schumacher was already dominating senna... he would have won atleast half of the championships he did anyway

BS

Michael didn´t score a single pole position while Senna was alive, even with a enormous car advantadge. Michael is and never was as great of fast as Alonso or Lewis. Comparing him to Senna is ridiculous.

#8910 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:44

BS

Michael didn´t score a single pole position while Senna was alive, even with a enormous car advantadge. Michael is and never was as great of fast as Alonso or Lewis. Comparing him to Senna is ridiculous.

Pole position don't give you points.

#8911 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,796 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:45

Wrong.....fantastic foundations yes, but flawed in the italian way (and no offense to our italian friends, I lived in bella italia for nigh on 10 years). When Schumacher won the championship in 2000 it had been 21 years since Scheckter had won his wdc with Ferrari and prior to Lauda winning his wdc in 1975 it had been 11 years since Surtees had won his wdc in 1964. He brought organization, as did Lauda and Surtees, to a team that even at the best of times lacked a bit of it and always ran high on emotion. But what both Lauda and Surtees were up against that Schumacher was not were the polemics that always ran rife within the team.

#8912 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:54

except frans the myth had started well before senna's demise

senna himself had verbalised that schumacher was his greatest rival prior to what proved his final season.

Mark Webber was Vettel´s greatest rival in 2010, according to Vettel. So, Mark W is one of the greatest ever?

BS,

Senna knew Michael had a superior and ilegal car. Also he knew FIA was trying to avoid his domination to come and changed completelly the rules in order to affect Senna´s Williams. Besides, Germany was one of the biggest markets/targets of FIA. Michael was needed at that point. Someone who could do the job, beat Senna even if using an illegal car was the only way to do so.

#8913 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:55

Pole position don't give you points.

Don't bother, his opening post should tell you what you're getting yourself into. These clowns pop up from time to time to troll with baseless opinions with nothing to back up their claims and then disappear when they get bored. There's absolutely nothing that we've all haven't heard already. Best to just ignore them and keep this place clean, without the garbage.

#8914 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:56

Wrong.....fantastic foundations yes, but flawed in the italian way (and no offense to our italian friends, I lived in bella italia for nigh on 10 years). When Schumacher won the championship in 2000 it had been 21 years since Scheckter had won his wdc with Ferrari and prior to Lauda winning his wdc in 1975 it had been 11 years since Surtees had won his wdc in 1964. He brought organization, as did Lauda and Surtees, to a team that even at the best of times lacked a bit of it and always ran high on emotion. But what both Lauda and Surtees were up against that Schumacher was not were the polemics that always ran rife within the team.

Ross B is the MAN, you should know it already.

#8915 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 15:56

-----------------------
Ivand911, why do you keep quoting that garbage from planetf1? They're definitelly not informative and they're not even funny anymore, assuming that they were actually funny at some point... Just curious. :confused:

I think some people like Secret tageblog? It maybe not written personally by MS ,but sure it is approved by him and this way have connection with the thread? It is not made by planetF1. And it is funny usually.

Edited by ivand911, 23 March 2011 - 15:58.

#8916 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 16:26

Ferrari didn´t want to win the title, they only wanted Michael Schumacher to win. There was no ferrari, only MS´s team.

Care to explain why then Michael allowed Irvine to pass for the lead TWICE at the Malaysian GP that year?

#8917 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 16:35

Care to explain why then Michael allowed Irvine to pass for the lead TWICE at the Malaysian GP that year?

Damn it, don't ask awkward questions :mad:

#8918 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,796 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 17:54

Wrong again. There is absolutely no way that Ferrari ONLY wanted Schumacher to win. Why do you think they had Salo pull over to let Irvine through at Germany? They would have been quite happy if Irvine had taken the title in 1999.

#8919 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,796 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 17:55

Ross B is the MAN, you should know it already.

Enlighten me, what does that mean?

Advertisement

#8920 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:39

Michael will surprise in OZ :up:

#8921 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:29

Found this NEW :up: article on the net ... Interview with Michael and he tells it straight ... Schumacher is very bullish in this interview :smoking:

http://www.telegraph...uperiority.html

interviewed by TOM CARY ...

some points of interest

''Michael Schumacher eyes eighth F1 title as he brushes aside notion of Playstation generation's superiority
Michael Schumacher has warned his rivals to expect the real deal this season, insisting that he will have “no one to blame” but himself if he does not perform.''

---
'Schumacher’s optimism is not shared by everyone. Most pundits, including legendary British driver Sir Stirling Moss, believe the 42 year-old should have quit while he was ahead.

“I think Michael’s comeback was entirely wrong,” Moss told February’s edition of F1 Racing magazine. “I really don’t think he should have done it.

"I think he was lucky to get all those titles, frankly. He got them because he was in the right car.” Schumacher gives such talk short shift.

“Yes, I have been a very lucky person,” he said, sarcastically. “Honestly, I don’t feel that I need to justify myself. I feel that my success speaks for itself. You can’t always be lucky.” In Schumacher’s defence, he was never that. He earned those titles.

---

“You may say it’s the same team but in Ross it’s being managed by a very different person,” Schumacher said. “If you look at soccer teams, very often they change managers and win everything with exactly the same players.”

---

The flipside is that if he fails now he has nothing left to blame.

“It’s true. I’m running out of excuses,” he acknowledged. “At the moment we have nothing to blame.”

---

Multi-tasking within the cockpit has become all important and those who have honed their skills on the games console, so the argument goes, are in pole position.

“Bull----,” Schumacher said. “I think generally we are all very good at multi-tasking. Some are better than others, certainly, but independent of generation. Playstation? That’s one story. Reality? That’s another story.

“Actually if you go back 10 years ago we had a lot more activity on the steering wheel than we do now. We had traction control; we had multi-function electronic possibility to make adjustments. So what’s the big deal?”

---

Schumacher’s increasing confidence is shared by others.

Red Bull’s Mark Webber believes the German is looking more competitive and will relish the switch to quick-wearing Pirelli tyres this year, which will mean plenty more pit-stops and the opportunity to make strategy decisions on the hoof.

“Michael and Ross will be all over that,” he predicted.

---

Bring on Melbourne ... Go Michael ! :up:

#8922 F1Nutter

F1Nutter

• 55 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:25

Yep!

I think the strategy aspect is really going to suit him this year.

I would be surprised if he did not win at least one race, would be great to rub it all over Moss' face!

#8923 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:41

SSM is entitled to his opinion no matter how gratingly repetitive the theme of it appears.

As far from a MS fan I think his (MS's) comments are much fairer - you don't always have luck to account for 7 WDCs. Of all the old champions comments over the last few years I personally feel Stirl's are the only ones really embarassing in their lack of balance. (I don't count Berger as a champion)

#8924 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,279 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:07

That's only wild conspiracy theories. The only "fact" that might actually back it is that the 3 wheels cock up was deliberate which in itself is another conspiracy theory not sustained by the facts. What actually happened in the second half of 99 season (wins gifted to Irvine, Schumacher as number 2, etc) suggest that in fact Ferrari did all they could to win it even if the champion was Irvine but that simply wasn't possible with Irvine and Salo. Despite McLaren's involuntary but constant "support".

Yes, you are kinda correct in a weird and twisted way: it was MS's team but simply because he was the best.

#8925 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:38

...meanwhile schumacher odds are shrinking (im following bwin) from last weeks *13 down to *8

Sebastian Vettel (GER/Red Bull) 2.45
Fernando Alonso (ESP/Ferrari) 4.85
Mark Webber (AUS/Red Bull) 4.85
Michael Schumacher (GER/Mercedes) 8.00

Lewis Hamilton (GBR/McLaren) 13.00
Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari) 13.00
Nico Rosberg (GER/Mercedes) 17.00
Nick Heidfeld (GER/Renault) 21.00
Jenson Button (GBR/McLaren) 22.00

#8926 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,199 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:24

“Honestly, I don’t feel that I need to justify myself. I feel that my success speaks for itself."

Great and classy answer, Michael. :up:

#8927 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:36

with 3 to 4 pits this year schumacher might have a little advantage:
first because of the outstanding merc pit crew (which was the quickest in 2010 at most of the races iirc) and I remember schumacher entering the pits with crazy speed back in the days, which could be of advantage as well !
schumacher entering box

Edited by salamin, 24 March 2011 - 12:37.

#8928 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:52

Michael will surprise in OZ :up:

Agreed. He is looking prime to spring a surprise bounce back to true MS form. :up:

A competitive Schumacher is great for F1, lets hope he and Mercedes deliver.

#8929 destiny

destiny

• 104 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 13:15

Michael should go out there and give his best and enjoy himself.Wins and podiums would follow if the car is competitive.

All the guys who are doubting or bashing michael are doing so because that is the only way for them to stay in the media limelight.

Go Michael Go :love:

#8930 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 14:04

http://img826.images.../ya4ecdb60.jpg/
http://img705.images.../yc5d834a8.jpg/
http://img3.imagesha.../y92436858.jpg/
http://img858.images.../y4239dd55.jpg/
Fashion:
http://img861.images.../y968a260a.jpg/

#8931 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 15:01

Q. Do you think there is a safety issue with the adjustable rear wing and KERS?

MS: Absolutely not. If you see last year people running one-handed through Eau Rouge, and the same people now complaining of safety, I think it is a much safer rear wing by now to operate.

Schumi bashing Webber :up:

#8932 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 15:23

Michael Schumacher: “I’m back on it…”

Michael Schumacher expects to be much stronger this season after the tyre frustrations that hampered him last year have gone.

Michael struggled to come to terms with the 2010 Bridgestones, but the re-set provided by the arrival of Pirelli has given him new impetus.

“The only thing you can probably say is the characteristic of last year’s tyres was very unusual to my experience,” he said when asked by this blog. “The tyres we have now, they are a lot more normal. In this respect I’m happy to have this kind of character. Obviously the car, on top, is a lot more normal race car. Performance orientated, as a mixture, it gives more feedback, and I just feel more comfortable.”

Inevitably last year many people were sceptical when Schumacher cited the tyres as his problem, but when I quizzed him on that he said it’s not about proving people wrong.

“The most important thing is what I want to prove to myself. Even now I’m not absolutely 100% clear on the one lap factor what I had to do to make that tyre work. I didn’t really understand whether it was only the tyre, whether it was me for three years out, now knowing the team and not knowing all the switches and positions, and what I had to do to make the whole package working together. I don’t know, I just know now I do feel it, and I’m back on it.”

Michael says he has no concerns about this year’s new technology.

“In the time that I’ve been racing I’ve gone through many different development phases. There have been the very standard days of manual shifting, as I started, there have been the days of active suspension, traction control, ABS and so on, and there have been all the electronics that you adjusted on the steering wheel. We had last year f-ducts, we have this year rear wings, we have KERS. I can only say anything that makes me going quicker, that I can adapt and adjust in the car, that’s what I like.

“There are lots of predictions. I just think we should get on with it this weekend, we’ll see what is the reality. Testing is one thing, racing is another thing, then afterwards we can go into the details and analyse and see whether it was for the good or not for the good or whatever. And what did really happen. I think it’s too much talk at the moment.”

http://adamcooperf1....-im-back-on-it/

Edited by merschu, 24 March 2011 - 15:25.

#8933 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 733 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 15:31

Michael is being reported as more and more optimistic about where this season's car slots in. He's always been very clinical in his comments, it's a little surprising to see him so openly enthusiastic. I hope he's right!

#8934 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 15:42

The guy is being asked the same questions repeatedly, so, what is he suppose to say other than repeating the same cautious optimism, that race might go not too badly for them. He could aslo shoot Norbert and Ross into underbelly instead, but that's non-starter.

In fact some of the media, I do suspect, are engaging in entrapment in expectations, that he will oversell MGP team, and then they can wipe it later on on his face.

We need a race to take a place, and learn how confused we will come out of the Ozi-land. It might take a while before a pecking pattern will emerge, and then prediction can beggin to roll in. I would not be suprised that in first several races we will be left guessing, having no clue who will be remaining standing in Nov and the last race.

Edited by Sakae, 24 March 2011 - 15:47.

#8935 Grundle

Grundle

• 696 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 15:44

Schumi bashing Webber :up:

Schumi and Webber don't get along well.

#8936 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 15:52

Since when?

#8937 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,799 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 16:24

Schumi and Webber don't get along well.

They've had comings together on track, but from Webber I've seen nothing but praise for Schumacher and his legacy in recent times.

#8938 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 16:52

I have read that Webber and Schu got on very well back earlier in his career, but then grew apart. I don't think there's any especially bad feelings - and i don't think that comment was aimed at anyone in particular

#8939 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 2,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 23:35

Here's a short video (3 minutes) of Michael Schumacher talking about some of the regulation changes for this season on MotorsTV. Most people here will already know all about those changes, but it might nevertheless be fun to watch - or just a good way to spend the time till FP1 starts in a couple of hours: :p

Advertisement

#8940 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:16

From slideways live from Australia:
PS "Michael looked VERY fast through T12 today. Fastest behind the RBRs and Renaults. He also ran the car much lower than anyone else (bottomed out every lap). He reminded me more of old Schumi today."

Edited by ivand911, 25 March 2011 - 09:17.

#8941 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,796 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:13

From slideways live from Australia:
PS "Michael looked VERY fast through T12 today. Fastest behind the RBRs and Renaults. He also ran the car much lower than anyone else (bottomed out every lap). He reminded me more of old Schumi today."

Fast enough for what, 7th?

#8942 F1Nutter

F1Nutter

• 55 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:16

Fast enough for what, 7th?

It is called practice.

Can we please evaluate everyone's performances at the end of the race on Sunday.

#8943 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,812 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 19:25

Posts about Schumacher v Rosberg moved to the correct thread. No more hijacks, thank you.

#8944 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:46

Wow... :cry:

#8945 Sof1

Sof1

• 597 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:47

That was painful to watch!

#8946 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:48

I am not suprised he was slow he was short shifting terribly insector 2 and 3. Terrible qualy to be honest,

#8947 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,112 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:48

Everyone is at the mercy of the tyres as predicted. Looks as though the tyres just went off towards the end.

On the positive side it looks as though Mercedes has a clear speed advantage over the others. Hope to see a lot of over taking!

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 26 March 2011 - 06:50.

#8948 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:49

Disappointing.

Maybe some tire gamble will work out for the race.

#8949 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:50

I am not suprised he was slow he was short shifting terribly insector 2 and 3. Terrible qualy to be honest,

he set his fastest q2 sector on last lap but lost 2 tenths on the last 2 corners....

mercedes a dog anyway, i may aswell go into hibernation until next year

#8950 Sof1

Sof1

• 597 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:50

What did schumi say via team radio at the end?