Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#9251 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:42

Sadly, i am feeling that MS has lost some of his edge, especially in quali.

Indeed its time to walk away. Mercedes will never be a top tier team. I think he should just say enough is enough. He still has the speed but Mercedes was not the team for him.

Advertisement

#9252 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:43

Yeah, I agree many of his problems because of not so good quali pace. Race pace is good but quali is key factor .

#9253 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:44

Yeah, I agree many of his problems because of not so good quali pace. Race pace is good but quali is key factor .

agree. He has to get qualy sorted because he has been better in the races than rosberg, just needs to qualy much better to get a good result

#9254 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,421 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:45

News flash much? You're nearly a year late.

#9255 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,215 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:46

I agree. I think his ultimate speed has gone. His race speed is ok but qualifying is not there for him anymore. Shame really, he seemed on top of it towards last year.

I think he will walk away if they continue making 2nd rate cars ala Honda.

#9256 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:47

agree. He has to get qualy sorted because he has been better in the races than rosberg, just needs to qualy much better to get a good result

In races? He was better in Malaysia, but that is pretty much it. Rosberg has almost always been faster in both race in qualy, as for this year, we only can go by Malaysia but that is not "races" yet.

#9257 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:48

What???

Nico trouNced MS both in races and qualis. I can t beleive some here are already trying to rewrite history.

Edited by SEP, 16 April 2011 - 07:48.

#9258 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:48

It's hard to draw any conclusions on qualy speed after the ones run this season - first two with problems and now with an error.

#9259 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:49

Im only going on this year...and he has been better than Rosberg in the races, just not in qualy

Last year totally different story

Advertisement

#9260 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:49

That has been clear for a while now.

#9261 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:51

What???

Nico trouNced MS both in races and qualis. I can t beleive some here are already trying to rewrite history.

How many races team and Michael supported him only to get P7 in WCC at the end? How many time he was ahead of him and team put MS behind Nico? In Brasil MS let him pass twice. Japan even that MS was much quicker, team put him behind Nico.

Edited by ivand911, 16 April 2011 - 07:52.

#9262 Skanka

Skanka

• 95 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:52

His qualifying pace is not as bad as that. Circumstances made things more difficult for him in qualifying this year with DRS problems and today with a red flag at the worst possible moment.

Rosberg has always been able to extract the most out of the car in qualifying. Nothing new here. But Schumacher is certainly a lot more closer than he's been in the first three qualifying sessions this year compared to Rosberg. Even if (as it will probably happen) he's going to get most of the time behind Rosberg in qualifying this year, I expect the gap to be a lot less than that. Of course sending the cars earlier for their last run Q2 would probably help.

#9263 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:02

How many races team and Michael supported him only to get P7 in WCC at the end? How many time he was ahead of him and team put MS behind Nico? In Brasil MS let him pass twice. Japan even that MS was much quicker, team put him behind Nico.

and in all the other races Nico beat MS EASILLY.

Time to open your eyes. MGP is not a great car, but certainly is much better than MS s fan think. Nico is a very good driver, but not on Alonso s, Lewis or Vettel s level.

#9264 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:08

and in all the other races Nico beat MS EASILLY.
Time to open your eyes. MGP is not a great car, but certainly is much better than MS s fan think. Nico is a very good driver, but not on Alonso s, Lewis or Vettel s level.

Which exactly? Not more than in 2-3 races. But, there was Spain too. For the guys like you we have to wish that Nico will not do well tomorrow? Lets first finish the race, and to speak later.

#9265 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:16

Indeed its time to walk away. Mercedes will never be a top tier team. I think he should just say enough is enough. He still has the speed but Mercedes was not the team for him.

Why blame Mercedes for Schumi's performance??

Maybe Mercedes will never be a top tier team because of MSC being in the team. He wasn't brought in to be trounced by Rosberg since last year... but to take a decent Mercedes car with big budget to a higher level!!

Mercedes over-estimated Msc... and they are suffering for it.

Another reason why Mercedes is not being able to get ahead is because a certain Schumi is 'sucking' close to $$$$12 Million$$$$ from their Kitty.

They would have been better off hiring Di Resta or any other young, hungry, talented and motivated Driver and used those extra $$$$ in hiring & paying brilliant technicians or used it in development.

Shumi and Rubens Barrichello are parasites to formula one at the moment.... they are hindering new drivers to come into Formula 1 because they refuse to retire even with shady performances and yet taking money out of the the Teams Pocket for it. This in turn is forcing young talented racers wanting to come into the sport being reduced to 'Pay Drivers' and lack of good seats in good teams because these oldies have thick heads. :mad:

#9266 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:21

where's the $12m from - I thought it was close to $4m. Also I was under the impression that the only reason they got the Petrobas sponsorship was because they signed Schumacher..

#9267 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,215 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:27

Why blame Mercedes for Schumi's performance??

Maybe Mercedes will never be a top tier team because of MSC being in the team. He wasn't brought in to be trounced by Rosberg since last year... but to take a decent Mercedes car with big budget to a higher level!!

Mercedes over-estimated Msc... and they are suffering for it.

Another reason why Mercedes is not being able to get ahead is because a certain Schumi is 'sucking' close to $$$$12 Million$$$$ from their Kitty.

They would have been better off hiring Di Resta or any other young, hungry, talented and motivated Driver and used those extra $$$$ in hiring & paying brilliant technicians or used it in development.

Shumi and Rubens Barrichello are parasites to formula one at the moment.... they are hindering new drivers to come into Formula 1 because they refuse to retire even with shady performances and yet taking money out of the the Teams Pocket for it. This in turn is forcing young talented racers wanting to come into the sport being reduced to 'Pay Drivers' and lack of good seats in good teams because these oldies have thick heads. :mad:

Hahha classic trolling.

MS brings nothing to the team? How about a PROVEN racing pedigree? The most successful driver EVER? 91 wins, 7 titles, 150+ podium finishes....etc

When they were both signed up, Nico had ONE podium to his name and proved incapable of being a team leader at Williams.

Perhaps Nico cannot help develop a car properly......? He has no history of success while Schumacher is covered in glory. Its more than luck, friend.

#9268 schufan

schufan

• 72 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:29

If MGP was a good car all along why did both the drivers had a hard time keeping likes of STR and Force India behind them in the last race? They have themselves admitted having issues with DRS,overheating ,Tyres or whatever havent they?I am not convinced that they have solved all the problems, Its just that maybe china seems to be suiting them better with the colder tempratures.We will have to wait for a few more races to see that.

Sure Michael isn't back to his old self completely but everyone is underestimating him immensely and treating him like a bad rookie.Rosberg is certainly faster then MS here but you cant blame MS for the qualifying issues he has had in the first two races.
mercedes should send out the drivers a bit early from next qualifying onwards.

lol at the above "merc cant succeed due to schumi post" :rotfl:

Edited by schufan, 16 April 2011 - 08:32.

#9269 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:35

where's the m from - I thought it was close to m. Also I was under the impression that the only reason they got the Petrobas sponsorship was because they signed Schumacher..

I think paying $4mil to a younger, hungrier driver would be much better for the sport of Formula 1 and fans than seeing an old engine chug away without adding much to the spectacle. He is past, and should have remained there instead of blocking a good seat for a much more talented, faster youngster to show off his class... a la Kobayashi, Di Resta, Perez and many more.

He's living his dream, but formula 1 is not around to fulfill someone's whims and desires to be in the sport. He's been awful, and he's being just plain old greedy for Formula 1 high life.

#9270 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:40

Hahha classic trolling.

MS brings nothing to the team? How about a PROVEN racing pedigree? The most successful driver EVER? 91 wins, 7 titles, 150+ podium finishes....etc

When they were both signed up, Nico had ONE podium to his name and proved incapable of being a team leader at Williams.

Perhaps Nico cannot help develop a car properly......? He has no history of success while Schumacher is covered in glory. Its more than luck, friend.

Talk about living in the past. Geez.

If i wanted to live in the past, I would be watching races from the 80's and 90's on my DVD.... not on Sundays of 2011!!

#9271 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:43

I think paying $4mil to a younger, hungrier driver would be much better for the sport of Formula 1 and fans than seeing an old engine chug away without adding much to the spectacle. He is past, and should have remained there instead of blocking a good seat for a much more talented, faster youngster to show off his class... a la Kobayashi, Di Resta, Perez and many more.

He's living his dream, but formula 1 is not around to fulfill someone's whims and desires to be in the sport. He's been awful, and he's being just plain old greedy for Formula 1 high life.

and how much spnsorship could a younger driver attract compared to MS??? I see you've dropped your $12m claim. do you think Petronas would have bought more than MS's salary?

#9272 schufan

schufan

• 72 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:46

Its not called Greedy its called passion and not only him all the f1 drivers are guilty of it : ). I dont think you would find any other driver currently hungrier for F1 tbh then MS.If he wasnt "hungry" as you call it he would not have risked his reputation and come back.

#9273 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:53

and how much spnsorship could a younger driver attract compared to MS??? I see you've dropped your m claim. do you think Petronas would have bought more than MS's salary?

Yeah... maybe so!! And what are the sponsors getting in return.... absolute bullocks. LOL

They hired him to win races.... not drive around mid-field. And anyways, i don't see how the sponsors are getting back any returns... in fact they may even be ruing the deal now.

Also, all these still doesn't hide the fact that both he and Rubens are blocking good racing seats being driven by better, hungrier and much more talented young drivers around in 2011. Schumi is eating money based on past glories.... he's old and very slow now. He should retire as simple as that. I surely don't want him to be making a fool of himself in F1 competing against young drivers till he is 50 years old.

Respect to Schumi for all his achievements... but that doesn't save him from being criticized in 2010/2011. If he is in Formula 1 currently, he should be open criticism.

#9274 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:01

Respect to Schumi for all his achievements... but that doesn't save him from being criticized in 2010/2011. If he is in Formula 1 currently, he should be open criticism.

And he is. Next. He receive 8 million euro from the team.

#9275 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,329 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:02

Schumacher: "I didn't quite get my lap together in Q2 and since then we have found out that my rear wing was not functioning correctly as I was braking into Turn 14."

That explains the slide.

Edited by ali.unal, 16 April 2011 - 09:03.

#9276 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:10

What is it with MS and China,

China 2004, I believe he spun off the track in qualifying because he knew it was going to be tight with Rubens or was it just a mistake, either way I know he wasn't looking forward to the track,

2005-bad year for ferrari, what is worst is driving a bad ferrari at your worst track-he didn't make the startline and crashed the car into a rookie by mistake, but the impression was, he knew the race wasn't going to me much better

2006-hats off, great drive in the rain, and his best ferrari performance in the china race

Michael has only had 2 ferrari's of winning material at 2 gps, he won one of the races in the rain in his last season, very well, one of his best, and the other race was messy in 2004 due to one lap qualifying and getting it wrong, and charging thru field with ill effect

So his strike rate for China with a winning car is 50/50, which is good, but
look at
2004-one lap qualifying, crash out, back of the grid
1005-crashed the car before the race started
2010-a combination of early races after retirement with a damaged chassic on not his favorite track=1 second off the pace=everyone calling for him to quit
the next race after Spain, he was suddenly the old Schumacher/at turkey and Monaco as well,
2011-respectable in all sessions until Q2, race to run

Messy affair his China record, but where there was brilliance in 2006 in the rain, after races like 2005/2010/2011-which so far is just qualifying, there is a fashion trend after China to go after Schumacher, he's raced there 3 times not including the race coming up, and in two occassions he's had a winning car and won one of them, it's not a bad record to have for your worst track to win on it in the rain.

He's had such a good run at other tracks which makes everything else seem the odd one like China, but it's still infact better then alot of other drivers still, even at his worst track,

Schumacher: "I didn't quite get my lap together in Q2 and since then we have found out that my rear wing was not functioning correctly as I was braking into Turn 14."

That explains the slide.

Albert Park+China then, car not working well in qualifying, at least it's at his less favoured tracks, but still bad on mercedes part, this sort of issue effected his results at Japan and Suzula last year with F duct not working.

Edited by SeanValen, 16 April 2011 - 09:13.

#9277 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:11

you realise the majority of sponsors on the car will only have been signed because they heard schumacher was coming back and wanted to be asociated with the most succesful driver in f1 history...

he will bring the team much more than those 12mil EUROS.... f1 does not worth in $

#9278 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:13

#F1 Interesting observation from ex-F1 driver Eric van de Poele who told me Schumacher braking way later than anyone at T1 yesterday

http://twitter.com/a...094181179699200

:stoned: :clap:

#9279 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:18

I'm not the most technical guy, but : is it imaginable that the DRS problem could be related to Michael's driving style?

Edited by Diablobb81, 16 April 2011 - 09:18.

Advertisement

#9280 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,215 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:38

Yeah... maybe so!! And what are the sponsors getting in return.... absolute bullocks. LOL

They hired him to win races.... not drive around mid-field. And anyways, i don't see how the sponsors are getting back any returns... in fact they may even be ruing the deal now.

They sponsored Mercedes to win races, not just Schumacher. The team won the WDC and WCC in 2009 so expectations were high. Infact, Brawn made a £98,000,000 profit in 2009.

Also, all these still doesn't hide the fact that both he and Rubens are blocking good racing seats being driven by better, hungrier and much more talented young drivers around in 2011. Schumi is eating money based on past glories.... he's old and very slow now.

He's within 1-3ths of Rosberg in qualifying and consistent in the races. Unless Rosberg is the slowest driver out there, Schumacher deserves his place out there on pure merit.

He should retire as simple as that. I surely don't want him to be making a fool of himself in F1 competing against young drivers till he is 50 years old.

I 100% agree. He has lost his edge but is still fast enough for F1 in my opinion. If the team is a flop this year - and I suspect they will be - he won't see out his 3 year contract. Infact, Rosberg will probably go too. Neither are deserving of a poor car. At least Schumacher has achieved everything in F1 and made $1bn. Rosberg deserves better and it would be a shame for him to waste his prime years in a second tier car.

I agree. If it was 100% lopsided in Nico's favour, MS would himself retire. The fact that there isn't THAT much between them (note the gap between Liuzzi and Karthakain for example) leads me to believe that Schumacher isn't old, washed up, shot-to-pieces ala Muhammad Ali fighting Leon Spinks WAYYYYYYYY past his health and prime.

#9281 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:41

I'm not the most technical guy, but : is it imaginable that the DRS problem could be related to Michael's driving style?

I don't know but it could be also a setup issue, would be interesting to know if both using different setups (rear suspension stiffness and so on)

#9282 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:58

I don't know but it could be also a setup issue, would be interesting to know if both using different setups (rear suspension stiffness and so on)

Will see tomorrow I guess. Michael never reach 41,4 for the third sector like in FP3. Best time from Michael sectors was 1:35.437 ,good for 7th place(I guess with new tires in Q3 he will beat this time). It was just case for not good Qualy strategy, for not having enough time to rectify arising problem. There is 0,6 sec in the last sector only. I doubt this will be the case if Michael did lap with new softs like Nico in Q3. In first sectors they were very close.
http://www.fia.com/e...ing-sectors.pdf
His lap from Q1 was enough for Q2 and Q3. :rolleyes:
http://www.fia.com/e...ssification.pdf

Edited by ivand911, 16 April 2011 - 10:20.

#9283 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:17

Okay if the DRS closes with the brakes, and MS brakes later, and the merc drs takes too long to reattach... then that would really make sense, and it would put the onus firmly on the team to bloody fix it. Cant ask a driver to change the fundamental of their driving style I think.

#9284 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,215 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:30

Shows the speed is there but good fortune, errors and reliability are not favouring Schumacher this year so far.

#9285 JVi

JVi

• 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:38

TAD CZAPSKI - is he missing this year? Launch control; traction control; rear-wheel brake steering. Now the DRS is not working? What a shame for such a great car control builder who has gone out of his way to help the poor disabled car driver. What comes around, goes around.

Edited by JVi, 16 April 2011 - 12:41.

#9286 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 14:20

hey, good to see sensible reply or replies to the current Schumi issue that I had posted earlier. :up:

Overall, I stand by my issues about Oldies Schumi & Rubens hogging F1's race seats... because of which Two more young talented drivers haven't gotten a chance to race in 2011. F1 could have been currently blessed with two more exciting new talents similar to Kobayashi, Di Resta, Sutil & Perez.

New drivers and talents bring new fans and excitement into Formula 1.... whereas the two ex-Ferrari No.1 & No.2 are living and hogging F1 space & money based on past glories.
Not Good at all, especially considering that the two gentlemen are getting paid for it, while good young talents are being reduced to "pay drivers". :mad: :down:

Edited by Nivra, 16 April 2011 - 14:32.

#9287 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 14:53

His image is bringing more sponsors than any pay driver could so that's not an argument.

young talented drivers find their way into the sport. see kobayashi, see di resta who looks pretty fast, hamilton now looks like he's been here for quite a while etc

mabe you could use your hating energy to something more productive..

#9288 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:10

Quick question:

What if the former champion in the second year of a comeback with Mercedes Benz was still being soundly schooled by a win less teammate, all excuses now exhausted, fans grasping at straws seeking the ever diminishing silver lining, what if that former World Driving Champion was named Jacques Villeneuve what would the fans be saying and in particular what would the Schumacher fans be saying of Villeneuve if he was making a mess of everything like Schumacher currently is? :)

#9289 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:15

I find it hard to believe that they have so many issues with DRS, KERS, whatever on Michael's car and yet everything seems to work just fine on Rosberg's car. I'm not buying this anymore. Haug and Brawn are covering Schumacher's a**.

#9290 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:16

I find it hard to believe that they have so many issues with DRS, KERS, whatever on Michael's car and yet everything seems to work just fine on Rosberg's car. I'm not buying this anymore. Haug and Brawn are covering Schumacher's a**.

Did you see the onboards? In turn 14 he was obviously missing rear end downforce. It wasn't brake locking at all.

#9291 Zakiruz

Zakiruz

• 228 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:24

Wow, some of you need to relax, what is up with the large amount of knee jerk reactions.

Race hasn't even happened and people are calling for his head.
IMO one thing for sure, tomorrow is going to be an awesome race, I enjoy seeing Schumi banzai the midfield at the start when he doesn't get hit by one of the STRs, along with Koba and Webber doing the same.

This is motorsport, obviously there is ups and downs for every team / driver.

#9292 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:28

hey, good to see sensible reply or replies to the current Schumi issue that I had posted earlier. :up:

Overall, I stand by my issues about Oldies Schumi & Rubens hogging F1's race seats... because of which Two more young talented drivers haven't gotten a chance to race in 2011. F1 could have been currently blessed with two more exciting new talents similar to Kobayashi, Di Resta, Sutil & Perez.

New drivers and talents bring new fans and excitement into Formula 1.... whereas the two ex-Ferrari No.1 & No.2 are living and hogging F1 space & money based on past glories.
Not Good at all, especially considering that the two gentlemen are getting paid for it, while good young talents are being reduced to "pay drivers". :mad: :down:

what ae you smoking? have u been watching f1 for more than a few years because i dont think you have...

i dont know why everyone is so concerned with finding the youngest driver they can its a new thing it never used to be like that all..

schumacher was also a pay driver for his first race if you didnt realise, also when schumacher goes to the karting events the other f1 drivers attent who usually wins?

#9293 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:38

Schumacher just can not and i doubt ever will be able to be at one with this Mercedes car. Has he ever had the car set up to his liking? Rosberg drives it so smooth. When Schumacher drives it does nothing he wants it to and you can always tell from the inside and outside camera shots. He looked on it in winter testing videos as smooth and quick round corners as Vettel which gave me hope. Now i admit he just cant bring it to a race weekend. I am a big Schumacher fan and as much as i would miss him its time to go. Getting beat of Rosberg every week is stupid especially as the guy has never won nor likely to win a GP any time soon.

Edited by Massa_f1, 16 April 2011 - 15:40.

#9294 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:41

what ae you smoking? have u been watching f1 for more than a few years because i dont think you have...

i dont know why everyone is so concerned with finding the youngest driver they can its a new thing it never used to be like that all..

schumacher was also a pay driver for his first race if you didnt realise, also when schumacher goes to the karting events the other f1 drivers attent who usually wins?

I guess you mean Nivra poster? Because the way you quote it looks like you answer to Ferrari_F1_fan_2001?

#9295 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 16:08

I guess you mean Nivra poster? Because the way you quote it looks like you answer to Ferrari_F1_fan_2001?

yea the forum was whining about an open qoute tag so i just deleted the first one which was nivra

#9296 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 16:27

Quick question:

What if the former champion in the second year of a comeback with Mercedes Benz was still being soundly schooled by a win less teammate, all excuses now exhausted, fans grasping at straws seeking the ever diminishing silver lining, what if that former World Driving Champion was named Jacques Villeneuve what would the fans be saying and in particular what would the Schumacher fans be saying of Villeneuve if he was making a mess of everything like Schumacher currently is? :)

I also have a question for you.

What if MS comeback was, due to a fantastic marketing investment, in a RBR?
Assuming he would have the exact same speed he has today - wich, IMO, is exactly the same as in 1991-2006- AND a number one status (a la Ferrari), he would have finished last year in 2nd or 3rd in the c table "after an epic batlle against a much stronger Ferrari and a superior Mclaren".

My answer:

that would be a "proof" that MS belongs to the greatest drivers Of all time

This year, MS would be leading the WDC and mostly likely would take his 8th title and finally retire as the biggest name in sports. Ever.

A shame his second career wasn't a marketing game as his first one.

Edited by SEP, 16 April 2011 - 16:30.

#9297 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,215 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 16:29

People on here have a habit of going OTT when Schumacher does badly. When he does well everything goes quiet.

Seems to me that people are just looking for an excuse to hate.....

#9298 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,215 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 16:32

Assuming he would have the exact same speed he has today - wich, IMO, is exactly the same as in 1991-2006- AND a number one status (a la Ferrari), he would have finished last year in 2nd or 3rd in the c table "after an epic batlle against a much stronger Ferrari and a superior Mclaren".

My answer:

that would be a "proof" that MS belongs to the greatest drivers Of all time

This year, MS would be leading the WDC and mostly likely would take his 8th title and finally retire as the biggest name in sports. Ever.

A shame his second career wasn't a marketing game as his first one.

A shame that he is driving a Honda in what is - and always will be - a second tier team who got lucky ONCE.

#9299 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 17:25

People on here have a habit of going OTT when Schumacher does badly. When he does well everything goes quiet.

Seems to me that people are just looking for an excuse to hate.....

They have some serious problem in real life.

Advertisement

#9300 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 17:26

I will answer your question even though you did not do me the courtesy of answering my question.

If you are asking what would be happening if Schumacher was in the Red Bull along side current champion SV?
Schumacher would be making a dogs breakfast of it just as he is at MB. SV would be spanking him soundly.

Now I ask you again change WDC Villeneuve with Multi WDC Schumacher in the MB for the past season and a bit, with Villeneuve duplicating Schumacher's record , what would the Schumacher fans be making of Villeneuve's comeback performance? If it was Villeneuve in place of Schumacher? Be honest!
:)