• 108 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:36

once a cheat, always a cheat.

Advertisement

#902 demoing

demoing

• 631 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:37

Its one thing keeping to the racing line round a corner and if a driver trying to overtake you is forced wide its called racing and is not against the rules.
However if he did the same on a straight then yes he would be breaking the rules.

#903 Monad

Monad

• 399 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:38

Stupid thread, Massa went round the outside and Schumi kept the racing line, I am a tifosi and the fault was with Massa

Same with Hamilton too that was Schumi just sticking to the racing line

Why should a driver have to move off the racing line to convenience someone trying to overtake him ?

Racing line my ass. Aren't you suppose to at least leave the other poor guy the minimum space in the track for his car not to have to go off-road when his at your side? I think the rules say you have to. The other guys were at his side they didn't just put there nose at his back wheels.

#904 Hyatt

Hyatt

• 1,106 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:43

once a cheat, always a cheat.

:up:

/thread

#905 CatharticF1

CatharticF1

• 259 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:44

Racing line my ass. Aren't you suppose to at least leave the other poor guy the minimum space in the track for his car not to have to go off-road when his at your side? I think the rules say you have to. The other guys were at his side they didn't just put there nose at his back wheels.

You see what MS did at corner exit every race and indeed at this race by other drivers. You need a reason to grind your axe and you don't have one.

#906 demoing

demoing

• 631 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:45

No its the job of the overtaker to make the pass not the driver infront to let him by :rotfl:

#907 icecream_man

icecream_man

• 1,031 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:46

I personally think MS is a jumped up smug arrogant moron, and I'd like nothing more than to agree with the OP.....

But I can't, because this thread is nonsense. Yes he has consistently cheated, but on this occasion it was legit defending

Edited by icecream_man, 18 April 2010 - 11:46.

#908 Monad

Monad

• 399 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:48

No its the job of the overtaker to make the pass not the driver infront to let him by :rotfl:

You are aloud to squeeze him but not to leave him with the choice of going of-road or collide. It's right there in the f^&%ing rule book.

#909 icecream_man

icecream_man

• 1,031 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:51

You are aloud to squeeze him but not to leave him with the choice of going of-road or collide. It's right there in the f^&%ing rule book.

I think you mean allowed.. and you missed out the other (and most significant) choice - go off road, collide, or back off ;)

Edited by icecream_man, 18 April 2010 - 11:52.

#910 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,777 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:52

haha, he gets blasted in one thread for not defending a position, blasted in another for defending his position too aggressively.

#911 PurpleSectors

PurpleSectors

• 107 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:55

I don't think its fair to punish him any more, surely his embaressment at the hands of Hamilton and Rosberg is enough.

#912 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:55

I cant actualy believe this thread i dont know which race you were watching. You clearly just have it in for Schumacher :down:

#913 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:56

haha, he gets blasted in one thread for not defending a position, blasted in another for defending his position too aggressively.

I know some people on here are just :stoned:

#914 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,450 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:56

The Shoemaker ( I have never been a fan of his ) did exactly what a racing driver is supposed to do when defending his position - Grow up.

#915 Umpire

Umpire

• 787 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:58

Schuey is always the villain. No thread for Hamilton shoving Webber aside on the restart after the last SC, eh?

I think MS vs. Lewis was some of the finest defensive driving seen lately. Contrast that to Ham's weaving for a change..

Edited by Umpire, 18 April 2010 - 11:58.

#916 A Wheel Nut

A Wheel Nut

• 4,739 posts

OMG!

OMG!!!! I never realised we had F1 drivers actively participating on these forums! :up:

Whoever you are, it's an honour to share this space with you, it really is. I truly love the insight you bring to these forums that have a tendency to be over run by mindless trolls after a race, but I have one question for you, if that's ok?

Why aren't you, as an elite driver in F1, off to the race stewards complaining about Schumacher's devilish antics on track today? Surely any driver would complain first to the race stewards about Schumacher, especially those that he drove off track!?

#917 BlackCat

BlackCat

• 803 posts

Watching Schumi being passed like a sh!tting dog by all the young guns was the only nice thing about this chaotic race, but even that got a bit monotonous.

#918 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:05

I don't know how you people saw it but Schumi seemed to me that he clearly tried to push a few people of the track today when they where trying to overtake him. A whole lot of noise was made about Hamilton weaving last time about something the rules weren't clear. But the rules are definitely clear about pushing another car of the circuit, why is Schumi keep doing it?
It wasn't a matter of difficulty controlling the car and leaving space, it was clear that he went intentionally on the side of the track leaving the other drivers with no choice to ether get out of the track and fall back or even lose control, or stay on there line and collide with him. This is something very usual for him but am sick of seeing it.

welcome to crazytown.

if you can't take a bit of proper racing you shouldn't be on this forum. how come i don't hear you complain about alonso's pitstop move on his team mate? now that was wild.

#919 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:07

Please stop your embarassing yourself. How come your the only person who thinks this. Hamilton loved it. advice stop watching F1.

Advertisement

#920 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,777 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:17

Watching Schumi being passed like a sh!tting dog by all the young guns was the only nice thing about this chaotic race, but even that got a bit monotonous.

Wait, this contradicts the topic? How can you get passed easily and put up an aggressive fight?

Didn't you get the memo?

You posted this in the wrong topic, the topic where anti-Schumacher members are saying he was weak is 'Rosberg vs Schumacher'. This topic is for anti-Schumacher members who think he was cheating and being too aggressive in defending his positions. They're covering their bases you see, if they lose one argument they can put all their efforts into another, so they go from both angles.

#921 pgj

pgj

• 1,691 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:19

I am not a Schumi fan, but all I saw was a very good display of defensive driving.

#922 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,798 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:12

If he were up to his old tricks he would actually be driving, you know, good... gasp. But ahum, I saw nothing wrong in fact it was nice to watch him being considerate mostly I think.

#923 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,494 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:22

Fangio on Nuvolari, his idol:

"... when I saw him going round [...] and being beaten by me and the other young drivers, I felt a great sadness. The sight had such an effect on me that there and then I promised myself that I would never be reduced to such a state, and that I would give up racing as soon as younger drivers began to go faster than me... The Nuvolari I saw [...] was not the man I had idolized [...] It was a great blow to my illusions".
Fangio and Carozzo, My Racing Life, p. 271.

#924 BinaryDad

BinaryDad

• 1,017 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:23

Schumacher did nothing wrong while defending against Lewis. He was tough, that was all there was to it. I wouldn't expect anything less from him, and I would expect Lewis to be just as tough in the same situation.

Mind you, he seemed to make nothing more than a little token effort against Vettel before apparently letting him past.

#925 K-One

K-One

• 5,908 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:24

he is too fat

#926 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,543 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:31

I think Schumacher, for the first time encountered the 'revenge of Hill' today. :) :up:

+ both Hamilton and Schumacher seemed impressed with each other in the post race interviews. It's all good stuff.

Edited by werks prototype, 18 April 2010 - 13:34.

#927 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 849 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:33

:rotfl: @ thread

I haven't seen anything unfair by Schumi today. Infact the Duell with Lewis was some fine racing imo, by both.

Edited by BenettonB192, 18 April 2010 - 13:34.

#928 Zoe

Zoe

• 2,716 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:33

You are aloud to squeeze him but not to leave him with the choice of going of-road or collide.

You mean, not like Hamilton did with Webber?

It's right there in the f^&%ing rule book.

Maybe on the f** rule book, but apparently not in the official one, why then was neither Hamilton nor Schumacher punished?

Zoe

#929 bond

bond

• 2,554 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:36

You mean, not like Hamilton did with Webber?

Forgetting that he was pushed by vettel into webber, i know, not important for you... :rolleyes:

#930 weston

weston

• 370 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 13:41

This thread is really nonsense.
At least he tried to race a little bit today.

#931 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 14:06

I still have the trust on Michael Schumacher and when he believes he can do very well in this three years then I ought to believe him! He is not a dreamer; he is not a person who is going to quit seeing these bad results because he is a fighter & not a quitter! These results will rather make him more determined to go back to become what he was! The aggressive, fearless, ruthless driver!

He is still learning a few things regarding the tyres and stuff which means he still does not have the full knowledge of how things might play out if he pushes his tyres too hard. The old Schumi had everything thing under control, knew every detail! Right now he doesn’t know every single detail! And is learning about all this! If he could test like he did before I guess this things wouldn’t happen! We people are still not able to see the real Schumi! But I hope that we will see him soon!

And somewhere between all the things that are going on I would like to tell his fans that you are getting a golden opportunity to see your favorite driver once again on track which you could not have dreamt of in the last 3 years! Enjoy it! Take pleasure in watching your hero drive again! Saviour these moments.

I posted this on another thread also but this was also appropriate for this thread.

Edited by merschu, 18 April 2010 - 14:08.

#932 Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck

• 2,517 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 14:41

He did nothing wrong today other than drive slowly.

CC

#933 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:31

Schuey can't help that he sucks completely in his old age :lol:

He deserves some payback now for all he was allowed to get away with through the years... but this move was ok.

#934 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:35

Compared to Button nearly causing a huge pileup with the safety car, Schumacher did nothing wrong today(apart from drive horridly slow).

#935 Hairpin

Hairpin

• 4,468 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:36

no, you haven't. You are starting rumours.

So it's true?
Nah, not starting rumors, just offering the man dignified exit :)

#936 Hairpin

Hairpin

• 4,468 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:38

Fangio on Nuvolari, his idol:

"... when I saw him going round [...] and being beaten by me and the other young drivers, I felt a great sadness. The sight had such an effect on me that there and then I promised myself that I would never be reduced to such a state, and that I would give up racing as soon as younger drivers began to go faster than me... The Nuvolari I saw [...] was not the man I had idolized [...] It was a great blow to my illusions".
Fangio and Carozzo, My Racing Life, p. 271.

I read somewhere, must have been from the same book, about the events that led to Fangio decide it was enough. You happen to have those quotes?

#937 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:39

Schuey is always the villain. No thread for Hamilton shoving Webber aside on the restart after the last SC, eh?

I think MS vs. Lewis was some of the finest defensive driving seen lately. Contrast that to Ham's weaving for a change..

Well Webber and Horner was it? made some noise about it until the team saw the reply and realised it was Vettel that squeezed Lewis into Webber, after that Red Bull went quiet on the matter somewhat

#938 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:40

2010 - Schumacher the fraud is exposed.
Funny what a subservient teammate and a one car team does for you. Helped along by the FIA with german loving Max in charge.

#939 icecream_man

icecream_man

• 1,031 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:47

2010 - Schumacher the fraud is exposed.
Funny what a subservient teammate and a one car team does for you. Helped along by the FIA with german loving Max in charge.

Indeed.
As I put in another thread, the "having to get used to a vastly different car and tyres" excuse just doesn't stand up I'm afraid when a complete rookie in his first season who has an even bigger change from his previous type of car finishes 3 places ahead of MS in a slower car (ie Petrov in the Renault)

Advertisement

#940 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 15:55

Indeed.
As I put in another thread, the "having to get used to a vastly different car and tyres" excuse just doesn't stand up I'm afraid when a complete rookie in his first season who has an even bigger change from his previous type of car finishes 3 places ahead of MS in a slower car (ie Petrov in the Renault)

Actually, it's much easier to learn something when going into it blank, in stead of learning something new whilst trying to step away from old habbits.

If you perform in a specific way for 16 years, then take a 3 year break and have to learn a completely different way of performing, it's hard to let go of the old habbits.

#941 Ram20

Ram20

• 126 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:15

Could it be that Schumacher cannot drive as fast because the cars have no traction control?

#942 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:17

Could it be that Schumacher cannot drive as fast because the cars have no traction control?

He has driven without it in the past you know? Though of course he got used to it I know. It's all about a learning experience for him. Not being able to test dun help much..

#943 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:27

He has driven without it in the past you know?

Has he? in 1994? :rotfl:

#944 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:29

Has he? in 1994? :rotfl:

You've had too much cheap wine my friend :stoned:

#945 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:46

You've had too much cheap wine my friend :stoned:

...and it's even Corked Wine *brrrr*

#946 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:49

...and it's even Corked Wine *brrrr*

lol ah well MS MS MS MS MS just needs to find his feet, he is a rookie after all, with the current regs, so let's just give him a break shall we? :)

#947 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,399 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:52

He'll come right...chill out!

#948 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:54

He'll come right...chill out!

:smoking: :lol:

#949 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 17:16

I think this intermediate tyre window is far shorter then the intermediates of the tyre war era, when Michael drove them, those tyres could last so long, so even if michel didn't get the set up quite right and he was lacking pace, I do think he lost positions towards the end by pitting early and not on the ball on tyre management and the life of the tyres, and he did that I think in sepang wet quali as well, whether it's the way he's set up the car or how he's driving it currently, it's not probabley not helping any tyre management. If he had set up issues on qualifying where he couldn't change the set up for the race, these all those tyre changes at different stages and different times wasn't going to help him understand much.

With a race that's raining/not raining/raining again, the switching of tyres and extra pitstops without relevant experience with this era, it's a mess in analysing that, but that's what needs to be done to improve. It''ll be interesting to see what sort of car he'll be driving later in the season.

Edited by SeanValen, 18 April 2010 - 17:19.

#950 nestor

nestor

• 412 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 17:48

IMO , MS should just retire and STAY retired for good , he is just making himself look average , time takes speed away , welcome to Einstein World Michael ... nobody can fight against time ( age in MS case ) not even the migthy Schumacher ...