Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#9551 MinT

MinT

• 1,961 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:10

I found myself agreeing with EJ after the race.

At times Schumi looked like a clueless old man on his way to the shops whilst the young kids raced by on their cycles.

Was a bit sad - time to call it a day I think.

Advertisement

#9552 sharo

sharo

• 1,750 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:14

It is funny to read all the 'holier than thou' defence in favour of MS regarding the Petrov incident, then to read Schumacher admitting himself he was somewhat responsible http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/91282 :lol:

That only speaks in favour of MS.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But in hindsight Michael could have avoided the collision, although Petrov was denying him a turning point by driving straight .

Edited by sharo, 08 May 2011 - 16:19.

#9553 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:16

Watch the move again. Petrov was going straight on well past the braking point and there was no way he could have taken the inside line: doesn't even look like he tried to turn once he'd got his nose past Schumacher.His car was pointed straight at the kerb when they made contact, the only way he could even have made the corner was if he'd run it wide and tried to come back on the outside at the next turn. MS took the inside line expecting Petrov to have been further ahead, racing incident, plain and simple. Schuamacher flicks wide enough before the corner to set up a move on the inside. What he could have done was either backed off completely as Rosberg did later and let Petrov pass - or take the same line as Petrov without trying to switch. He didn't and chose to race him instead, that's all there is to it.

Rubbish. MS hit the right rear wheel of Petrov who was trying to turn left. This hit caused Petrovs car to bounce up in the air, and caused his car to straighten. Despite all this, Petrov was still able to slow down enough to take the corner without going on to the run off. if MS didn't hit him he would have made the corner easy.

The video is on YouTube now. How can anyone call that anything but a clean move? MS just turned in on a car that was fairly up the inside.

#9554 screamingV16

screamingV16

• 232 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:19

That only speaks in favour of MS.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How?

#9555 sharo

sharo

• 1,750 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:21

How?

I had in view his interview and taking the blame. Not the frames, put them to show the incident, but forgot to comment below. Now done :)

#9556 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,135 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:23

Schumacher tried to push Petrov off the track before the corner...

What rubbish He was defending that is all. If you class that as pushing off the track go and watch another sport. Pushing off the track give me a break :rotfl:

#9557 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:25

I found myself agreeing with EJ after the race.

At times Schumi looked like a clueless old man on his way to the shops whilst the young kids raced by on their cycles.

Was a bit sad - time to call it a day I think.

i just ignore the bbc team they only talk about the pictures and never seem to notice the live timing, go look at the laptimes schumacher was very fast for his first few stints faster than rosberg was and many of the other drivers infront of him including ones in the top 10

#9558 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:26

Rubbish. MS hit the right rear wheel of Petrov who was trying to turn left. This hit caused Petrovs car to bounce up in the air, and caused his car to straighten. Despite all this, Petrov was still able to slow down enough to take the corner without going on to the run off. if MS didn't hit him he would have made the corner easy.

The video is on YouTube now. How can anyone call that anything but a clean move? MS just turned in on a car that was fairly up the inside.

Watch the video or the screenshots. Petrov's car and tyres are pointed straight ahead even the instant before they clashed, the only way he would have got through is to have run wide. As I said MS was committed to taking the inside line and had set up a move there when he flicked to the outside before the corner. Petrov overshot his BP and was headed straight on when MS tried the switch, he misjudged the timing of the move and they clashed.

#9559 screamingV16

screamingV16

• 232 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:26

I had in view his interview and taking the blame. Not the frames, put them to show the incident, but forgot to comment below. Now done :)

I wondered if that's what you meant.

Advertisement

#9560 Skanka

Skanka

• 95 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:34

He's been overtaken at times because he was on a bit of different strategy compared to all the other drivers. If you have drivers behind you with much fresher tyres than you, it's now just too easy for them to overtake. So while people were laughing loudly on the live forum when Schumacher was being overtaken by Sutil, Kobayashi or Buemi, it seemed like they weren't following the race in itself. Sure, if you don't know what is really going on on the track, it's funny to see the old man being teached by a Force India. But nowadays you just can't defend yourself with old tyres vs fresh tyres+DRS. That's the way it is.

He made a mistake with Petrov. Fair enough. And that killed his race. But coming back from where he was after his pitstop on lap 2, he's done a decent job and his pace was pretty good. It was a bad weekend for him all around but it's genuinely the first time he's the one to blame for a lack of pace and poor result; since Alguersuari punted him off in Australia, and in Malaysia and China his race was hampered by a bad qualifying due to a DRS malfunction.

Not the best of luck since the beginning of the season, today there's no excuses but I think it should be clear for anyone willing to see that Michael has the pace. He just needs, somehow, to put it together in qualifying. The race would be easier then.

#9561 sharo

sharo

• 1,750 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:38

@Skanka
:up:

#9562 tyker

tyker

• 191 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:39

Indeed - having the audacity to question if he knew how to overtake and defend because he won a lot of races from the front. Some of his best drives have been through carving his way through the field. Those two clowns may want to watch the race in Monaco 2006 for a lesson on Schumacher's race craft. Of course both clowns know this, they just couldn't resist a little dig from the comfort of their commentary box...........oh but don't forget Coulthard can still pass judgement, I mean he's tearing up the DTM scene.....isn't he? Yeah exactly.
And yet they both heap praise on Vettel - a fine young racing driver, no doubt about it but he really is a man whom can only win from the front and has little to no race craft whatsoever.

I think it was more a reference to his age and he's not what he was

#9563 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:42

Watch the video or the screenshots. Petrov's car and tyres are pointed straight ahead even the instant before they clashed, the only way he would have got through is to have run wide. As I said MS was committed to taking the inside line and had set up a move there when he flicked to the outside before the corner. Petrov overshot his BP and was headed straight on when MS tried the switch, he misjudged the timing of the move and they clashed.

He wouldn't have run wide but. He got hit by MS that made his car straighten out and he still slowed down enough to take the corner. Had MS not hit him he would have taken the corner easily.

Petrov also didn't overshoot his braking point. The cars were side by side throughout the whole braking zone. Their front wings were virtually level for the whole time they were on the brakes. MS simply stayed on the brakes for longer to try and cut back under Petrov. As you said, "he misjudged the timing of the move and they clashed". At what point does MS stuffing up his retake becomes Petrovs fault?

#9564 genespleen

genespleen

• 337 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:45

MSC has voiced his own opinion, saying he was to blame for the incident. No big deal, really
(http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/91282 ) : "I guess I was responsible myself to have the result that I had because with Petrov; I guess it was mostly my mistake, what happened there. "

Edited by genespleen, 08 May 2011 - 16:46.

#9565 sharo

sharo

• 1,750 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:46

OK one blame more or one less for MS does not really matter.
During the broadcast I watched, there was a repeat from a camera above. And their trajectories were better seen.

#9566 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:25

He wouldn't have run wide but. He got hit by MS that made his car straighten out and he still slowed down enough to take the corner. Had MS not hit him he would have taken the corner easily.

No he wouldn't, as I said his car was pointing straight even the instant before they clashed. He 'slowed down enough' to take the corner precisely because of the collision, I'd have thought a clash like that sort of takes the momentum out of the car.

Petrov also didn't overshoot his braking point. The cars were side by side throughout the whole braking zone. Their front wings were virtually level for the whole time they were on the brakes. MS simply stayed on the brakes for longer to try and cut back under Petrov. As you said, "he misjudged the timing of the move and they clashed". At what point does MS stuffing up his retake becomes Petrovs fault?

What? From the video it's clear that it was Petrov who had braked later, he was already getting ahead of the Merc through the braking area, Schumacher clearly flicked to the right to brake earlier and take the inside line. Petrov dive bombed in there, if it wasn't for contact with the Merc he would have had to go wide to even take the turn.

I said it was a racing incident and Petrov was to blame as well, but to say MS deliberately drove into him is ridiculous. Would have been better perhaps if MS hadn't attempted a move and had let him run wide, I guess. :rolleyes:

MS has accepted his part in the incident so good on him.

#9567 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:29

No he wouldn't, as I said his car was pointing straight even the instant before they clashed. He 'slowed down enough' to take the corner precisely because of the collision, I'd have thought a clash like that sort of takes the momentum out of the car.

What? From the video it's clear that it was Petrov who had braked later, he was already getting ahead of the Merc through the braking area, Schumacher clearly flicked to the right to brake earlier and take the inside line. Petrov dive bombed in there, if it wasn't for contact with the Merc he would have had to go wide to even take the turn.

I said it was a racing incident and Petrov was to blame as well, but to say MS deliberately drove into him is ridiculous. Would have been better perhaps if MS hadn't attempted a move and had let him run wide, I guess. :rolleyes:

Considering the impact put petrov into the air I think the chances of it slowing him down were slim, tarmac generally has more friction than air. Petrov was turning into the corner fine, the collision put him up in the air and rotated him to the right, that's what knocked him off the line.

Racing incident though, it was clearly an error on MS's behalf, not intentional but equally not petrovs fault in the slightest.

#9568 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:34

He lost too many time after 3rd pit-stop. I guess he switched on prime and used old softs on last stint (after 4th pit-stop) . in the middle of race his pace was very good (watched live-timing).

I was right
M.Schumacher tyre choice for 2011 Turkey GP:
Soft Used Soft Used(2) Soft New(14) Hard New(30) Soft Used(45) 4 stops

and Rosberg
Soft Used Hard New(10) Hard New(22) Soft Used(33) Soft New(44) 4 stops

#9569 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:35

How does a car that gets hit on the right rear wheel when it is trying to turn left (and gets slightly in the air because of it) slow the car down to help it make a left turn? It has the complete opposite effect. Had MS not touched petrov he would have slowed down for the corner easily. It was no dive-bomb.

And petrov was clearly turning left for the corner when they hit. All this crap that petrov was some kind of mad man who would never have made the corner is just a cover for MS's mistake. petrov made a fair move down the inside, got track position, and MS stuffed up trying to take the place back.

Edited by Jazza, 08 May 2011 - 17:38.

#9570 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:43

Considering the impact put petrov into the air I think the chances of it slowing him down were slim, tarmac generally has more friction than air. Petrov was turning into the corner fine, the collision put him up in the air and rotated him to the right, that's what knocked him off the line.

Racing incident though, it was clearly an error on MS's behalf, not intentional but equally not petrovs fault in the slightest.

How does a car that gets hit on the right rear wheel when it is trying to turn left (and gets slightly in the air because of it) slow the car down to help it make a left turn? It has the complete opposite effect. Had MS not touched petrov he would have slowed down for the corner easily. It was no dive-bomb.

And petrov was clearly turning left for the corner when they hit. All this crap that petrov was some kind of mad man who would never have made the corner is just a cover for MS's mistake. petrov made a fair move down the inside, got track position, and MS stuffed up trying to take the place back.

A body that's been impacted at an angle to its original direction of motion does lose momentum: at two points in this case, first when they touched and second when his car hit the ground later. Of course it slowed him down. Had MS run into him from behind it would've had the opposite effect.

Nobody's saying Petrov was a madman, he simply overshot his braking point (not the same as overshooting the corner as the collision ensured that never happened for all the world to see) and would have run wide to get back on track. Simple mistake. Missing your braking point isn't always dramatic with smoke billowing out and flat spotting the tyres, I think that's why people are making the mistake of thinking he would have taken the corner easily.

Definitely a racing incident as I said, though.

#9571 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:53

A body that's been impacted at an angle to its original direction of motion does lose momentum: at two points in this case, first when they touched and second when his car hit the ground later. Of course it slowed him down. Had MS run into him from behind it would've had the opposite effect.

Nobody's saying Petrov was a madman, he simply overshot his braking point (not the same as overshooting the corner as the collision ensured that never happened for all the world to see) and would have run wide to get back on track. Simple mistake. Missing your braking point isn't always dramatic with smoke billowing out and flat spotting the tyres, I think that's why people are making the mistake of thinking he would have taken the corner easily.

Definitely a racing incident as I said, though.

A car braking for a corner with all 4 wheels on the ground stops faster than one bouncing in the air. A car also starting to turn left (into a left hand corner) that gets hit on the right rear also unbalances the car causing it to then go straight.

The hit would have caused petrovs car to slow down, but not nearly as much has had he not been hit at all. Petrov did not out brake himself. He was braking at about the same rate as MS all through the braking zone. If MS could slow down enough to hit the back of petrov, then petrov could slow down enough to make the turn.

It's 100% MS fault. He tried to retake petrov and stuffed the move up by turning in way too early.

#9572 randomisation

randomisation

• 22 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:58

A car braking for a corner with all 4 wheels on the ground stops faster than one bouncing in the air. A car also starting to turn left (into a left hand corner) that gets hit on the right rear also unbalances the car causing it to then go straight.

The hit would have caused petrovs car to slow down, but not nearly as much has had he not been hit at all. Petrov did not out brake himself. He was braking at about the same rate as MS all through the braking zone. If MS could slow down enough to hit the back of petrov, then petrov could slow down enough to make the turn.

It's 100% MS fault. He tried to retake petrov and stuffed the move up by turning in way too early.

When he was probably 15kph faster than Michael AND offline, then slowing down at "about the same rate" as MS isn't good enough to make the corner. If it were, that Renault would be up there ahead of even the RB7.

#9573 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,721 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 17:59

BRK, give it up man :rolleyes:

He was alongside Schumacher and made the corner despite being hit.

#9574 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:05

When he was probably 15kph faster than Michael AND offline, then slowing down at "about the same rate" as MS isn't good enough to make the corner. If it were, that Renault would be up there ahead of even the RB7.

Watch the replay. From about 50 meters from the apex MS and VP are side by side. As they get right up to the corner they are still side by side. It is not as if VP came flying up the inside on the apex after braking much later.

And again, petrov still made the corner despite being hit causing his car to straighten, and having his car get airborne while slowing down. Had the contact not happened he obviously would have still made the corner.

#9575 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,275 posts

More because he was hit he made that corner.

I think everyone here will say Michael made a mistake by steering in too soon and touching Petrov. But the move Petrov made was from way to far and he came in way to hard. Had Michael not steered and touched him he would have gone straight past Michael and not make that corner.

#9576 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

A car braking for a corner with all 4 wheels on the ground stops faster than one bouncing in the air.

A car with 4 wheels on the ground stops faster than one that's flying through the air. If it's bouncing (on the ground presumably) it's losing momentum. :rolleyes:

A car also starting to turn left (into a left hand corner) that gets hit on the right rear also unbalances the car causing it to then go straight.

Didn't look like it was an instant before the clash, as I said.

The hit would have caused petrovs car to slow down, but not nearly as much has had he not been hit at all.

How can you tell?

Petrov did not out brake himself. He was braking at about the same rate as MS all through the braking zone. If MS could slow down enough to hit the back of petrov, then petrov could slow down enough to make the turn.

Braking at 'about the same rate' in an F1 car is as vague as it gets, I'd say, a fraction too late at these speeds and you've missed your braking point. And Petrov was getting ahead of MS even in the braking zone.

It was a racing incident.

#9577 Jimmy

Jimmy

• 377 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:06

The desperation amongst Schumi fans continues.

About a year ago I read a very good post on another forum titled "Federer fan at peace" which basically went on to say that whatever happens in Federer's career from this point onwards, his fans should be satisfied with all his accomplishments and even if he loses every match he plays from this point on, they'll sleep easy without feeling the need to defend him, or get upset in the face of criticism.

It seems that the majority of Schumacher fans are not at peace however and reading through these threads and the decent into ever more bizarre excuses, I'm starting to feel pretty sorry for some. It seems, as Jeremy Irons said to Guy Pearce in "The Time Machine" they have always been haunted by those two most terrifying words; 'what if'.

What if he didn't have a dominant car, #1 status, one-way data, unlimited testing, bespoke tyres, etc... In this era of equality the cold and harsh reality of that question has become abundantly clear.

#9578 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:10

Watch the replay. From about 50 meters from the apex MS and VP are side by side. As they get right up to the corner they are still side by side. It is not as if VP came flying up the inside on the apex after braking much later.

F1 cars have a finite length, they're not point objects: the cars were side by side but Petrov was still getting ahead of the Merc in the zone. :rolleyes:

And again, petrov still made the corner despite being hit causing his car to straighten, and having his car get airborne while slowing down. Had the contact not happened he obviously would have still made the corner.

Petrov was slowed down by and because of the impact, not despite it.

More because he was hit he made that corner.

I think everyone here will say Michael made a mistake by steering in too soon and touching Petrov. But the move Petrov made was from way to far and he came in way to hard. Had Michael not steered and touched him he would have gone straight past Michael and not make that corner.

Correct.

#9579 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,289 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:12

What if he didn't have a dominant car, #1 status, one-way data, unlimited testing, bespoke tyres, etc... In this era of equality the cold and harsh reality of that question has become abundantly clear.

You forget to add to that list about him being 20 years younger. When Michael made his debut the current WDC was 4 years old.

Even if the question is clear the answer never will be.

Edited by Diablobb81, 08 May 2011 - 18:13.

Advertisement

#9580 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:12

A car with 4 wheels on the ground stops faster than one that's flying through the air. If it's bouncing (on the ground presumably) it's losing momentum. :rolleyes:

Didn't look like it was an instant before the clash, as I said.

How can you tell?

Braking at 'about the same rate' in an F1 car is as vague as it gets, I'd say, a fraction too late at these speeds and you've missed your braking point. And Petrov was getting ahead of MS even in the braking zone.

It was a racing incident.

Cars bouncing do loose speed. Cars with 4 wheels on the ground loose more speed because their brakes work!

How can anyone think that a slight tap, followed by the car bouncing, can possibly remove more energy from the car then the brakes can.

#9581 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:17

F1 cars have a finite length, they're not point objects: the cars were side by side but Petrov was still getting ahead of the Merc in the zone. :rolleyes:

If the cars were side by side for a duration then they were going the same speed (or decelerating at the same rate). How the hell did MS turn into the corner (and hit petrov) if petrov was going too fast for the corner?

#9582 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,721 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:29

If the cars were side by side for a duration then they were going the same speed (or decelerating at the same rate). How the hell did MS turn into the corner (and hit petrov) if petrov was going too fast for the corner?

:lol:
Good point :up:

#9583 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:40

If the cars were side by side for a duration then they were going the same speed (or decelerating at the same rate).

Petrov's car was going further ahead after they had entered the braking zone.

How the hell did MS turn into the corner (and hit petrov) if petrov was going too fast for the corner?

Because they were too close and were trying to take the same line with Petrov's car heading straight ahead. Schumacher timed his move wrong and Petrov was about to head straight on, had MS taken a wide line instead of defending before the corner as he did Petrov would have run wide with nothing to retard his motion.

Cars bouncing do loose speed. Cars with 4 wheels on the ground loose more speed because their brakes work!

How can anyone think that a slight tap, followed by the car bouncing, can possibly remove more energy from the car then the brakes can.

The clash slowed both Petrov and Schumacher enough that Massa zipped past both and a Williams and a Renault nearly took them as well. As you observed VP didn't run wide after the clash either: you are trying to argue it didn't slow Petrov as much as braking would have, in which case Petrov would have lost even more positions if he had braked. Normal behaviour for a car under braking, of course...

Do you have any idea how inane that sounds?

Edited by BRK, 08 May 2011 - 18:41.

#9584 Speed Racer 99

Speed Racer 99

• 183 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:42

Michael for the love of God, pack it in. It's sad to watch.

#9585 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,135 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:42

The desperation amongst Schumi fans continues.

About a year ago I read a very good post on another forum titled "Federer fan at peace" which basically went on to say that whatever happens in Federer's career from this point onwards, his fans should be satisfied with all his accomplishments and even if he loses every match he plays from this point on, they'll sleep easy without feeling the need to defend him, or get upset in the face of criticism.

It seems that the majority of Schumacher fans are not at peace however and reading through these threads and the decent into ever more bizarre excuses, I'm starting to feel pretty sorry for some. It seems, as Jeremy Irons said to Guy Pearce in "The Time Machine" they have always been haunted by those two most terrifying words; 'what if'.

Well i am very happy with his career you dont win races in cars like the 92-93 Benetton or even 96 and dare i say 97 Ferrari with out being one of the best.

#9586 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,091 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:45

He's past it

#9587 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,377 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:51

Schumacher is too used to fuel strategies and not this street-fighter style racing.

#9588 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,302 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:02

Poor Schumi, you just don't comprehend the old bloke running around in 12th is a 7 times champion and not a rookie with an unimpressive first season inexplicably given another chance. But even then a rookie has a future where they may be faster.

Just colliding with Petrov was a failure, even if blame was shared.

#9589 AyePirate

AyePirate

• 5,816 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:07

The excuses are piling up and Rosberg seems to be able to extract performance from the same car.

Time waits for no one.

Hulkenberg is the reserve driver at Mercedes powered Force India. I will be curious to see is MS makes it to his home GP.

Edited by AyePirate, 08 May 2011 - 19:07.

#9590 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,377 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:16

Rosberg is probably the best teammate Schumacher's ever had from my point of view, and before 2010 he's had de Cesaris, Piquet Snr, Brundle, Patrese, Verstappen, Lehto, Herbert, Irvine, Barrichello and Massa. Some good drivers, but nothing you could call top tier, and I think Rosberg is a driver which could possibly be classed as that, so it's probably making Michael look even worse.

#9591 Bernoulli

Bernoulli

• 125 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:22

I have seen many people throwing vitriolic remarks against Schumacher getting owned in this new era by Rosberg and other drivers, but I never can scathe him because this guy is probably the greatest F1 driver ever and he has been the main reason why F1 burgeoned in popularity in many parts of the world. He deserves respect and even he finishes 24th this season, the name and the brand of Michael Schumacher will live long.

But......

Some of the deliberate antics shown by MSC today were outrageously non-professional. Steve Slater said :- "He is driving like a desperate old man."

I hope Michael won't taint his brand name by repeating these. :-(

#9592 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:24

Some of the deliberate antics shown by MSC today were outrageously non-professional. Steve Slater said :- "He is driving like a desperate old man."

I hope Michael won't taint his brand name by repeating these. :-(

Yeah but think of people who have only started watching F1 in the last 5 years or so, they'll be wondering what was so great about this old fool. I feel sorry for him, out of the car he's better then he's ever being but he's over driving and panicing as if he now needs to prove something

#9593 katmen

katmen

• 560 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:29

I wouldnt be surprised that this season will be last for shumi and barrichello maybe webber....

#9594 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:31

I wouldnt be surprised that this season will be last for shumi and barrichello maybe webber....

Maybe you're right it is time for them to go, maybe Heidfeld aswell.

#9595 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,469 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:34

He's past it

I doubt anyone would've said that on Saturday morning. I just think he's got a still target on his back, all the kids are desperate to lunge down the inside at all cost and scrape past him and then go back to their teams and say 'I beat Michael Schumacher where's my new contract?'

Sutil and Algersuari have the worst obsession for Schumacher. Petrov obviously went OTT at the thought of overtaking the ex-champ too.

#9596 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,025 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:36

Maybe you're right it is time for them to go, maybe Heidfeld aswell.

Don't forget Jarno, his contract is up at the end of the year and i suspect he'll get ditched by TL.

#9597 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:39

As a pretty vocal Anti-Schumacher for about 20 years, I can't help but love all the excuses his fans are having to make for him. Having said that, even the hater that I am, I still have tons of respect for the driver that he is, or was. I have to admit watching him struggle against Rosberg has been a real treat, but, now, I think I've seen enough of that, and every time I watch him now it just saddens me to see him like this. Mike, please, just let us laugh at you until the end of this year then hang it up for your own good!!! :cool:

#9598 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:41

Don't forget Jarno, his contract is up at the end of the year and i suspect he'll get ditched by TL.

yep, Trullis big party trick was qualifying well above his cars station, he's not even got that anymore :well:

#9599 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:42

MS should carry on to the end of his contract in 2012. I'm enjoying seeing him being taken down a peg or two. He may be taking up a seat that a younger, better driver should be in, but I'm not so sure the Mercedes is that much better than the Renault or Force India.

Advertisement

#9600 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 13,410 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:45

I doubt anyone would've said that on Saturday morning.

Schumacher has shown he can be decently quick once in a while, but he's hardly shown any moments of brilliance since his return to F1.

Edited by Seanspeed, 08 May 2011 - 19:45.