Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#9601 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:47

I have seen many people throwing vitriolic remarks against Schumacher getting owned in this new era by Rosberg and other drivers, but I never can scathe him because this guy is probably the greatest F1 driver ever and he has been the main reason why F1 burgeoned in popularity in many parts of the world. He deserves respect and even he finishes 24th this season, the name and the brand of Michael Schumacher will live long.

But......

Some of the deliberate antics shown by MSC today were outrageously non-professional. Steve Slater said :- "He is driving like a desperate old man."

I hope Michael won't taint his brand name by repeating these. :-(

Such as? The coming together with Petrov was just two mistakes- first from Petrov and the other by Schumacher- hence why there was no penalty. Petrov went in too deep but Schumacher didn't realise it and turned in to squeeze Petrov and they came together. After that he was a sitting duck at times as he was often on old tyres trying to defend against cars that should be slower but that had tyres that were 2-3 seconds faster and it all looked very chaotic. I think we will see some serious accidence due to situations like that this year- 2-3 fast cars trying to pass 2-3 slow cars and it all ending up in tears.

Having said that, the writing is on the wall. It's certainly his last season and the way he was speaking after the race he might not even make it to the end. If he isn't enjoying it, and isn't an asset to the team then I don't see why he would continue- it's not like he needs 1 last pay day.

Advertisement

#9602 steveninthematrix

steveninthematrix

• 329 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:51

having watched every race michael has ever driven,

havint watched spain 96 and all the wins at Spa and brazil 06, which was an awesome drive, I am dumbfounded...

it cant be age... barrichello is almost as old and he's ok...

but the crash into Petrov was one of the most pathetic things I've seen in a long time in F1; its really almost like , Michael cant understand what is missing... like, it should be there, it should be fast enough, and when it isnt, he starts going over the limit;

i was still giving him the benefit of the doubt, kers problems, drs problems etc, but to drive into petrov's back-wheel, not even kobayashi can pull that off....

:| :| :| :| :|
what happened to FP3, Michael was fast, and then, it falls to pieces horribly

#9603 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,795 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:54

Last year he was just somewhat bad and boring but this year I'm glad he's back. I'm enjoying this!

#9604 Mick34

Mick34

• 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:58

what happened to FP3, Michael was fast, and then, it falls to pieces horribly

Strange things are happening at MGP.... Michael shows he still can be quick, but someone in the team just don't want Michael to be quick... That's my opinion. Last year it was the case and this year again. That couldn't be coinsidence or bad luck anymore. Michael should quit at MGP, because strange things are going to happen continuously. Mark my word!

#9605 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:01

Strange things are happening at MGP.... Michael shows he still can be quick, but someone in the team just don't want Michael to be quick... That's my opinion. Last year it was the case and this year again. That couldn't be coinsidence or bad luck anymore. Michael should quit at MGP, because strange things are going to happen continuously. Mark my word!

Priceless!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#9606 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:04

However you would spin it, as long as he isn't racing in F1 anymore that is the main thing.

#9607 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 2,823 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:10

yeah yeah, the same strange things happened to MSC's teammates at Benetton & Ferrari - what goes around, comes around. :wave:

#9608 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:11

yeah yeah, the same strange things happened to MSC's teammates at Benetton & Ferrari - what goes around, comes around. :wave:

haha! the funny thing is, those days it was actually true! LOL

#9609 NateF

NateF

• 999 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:17

Rather than age it might it be that with three years out, things might have changed too much for him?

#9610 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:19

Besides his early accident with VP, which was totally MS mistake, I haven't seen any signs of desperate driving by the old man. Too bad he ruined his own race but it happened and thats life. Folks posting that hes not gonna make it to the end of the season - he surely will. Even if he quits after this year he'll do it on a positive note.

#9611 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:23

Rather than age it might it be that with three years out, things might have changed too much for him?

he was to confident coming back....and now there is no way back....

#9612 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:47

he was to confident coming back....and now there is no way back....

Well one of the main problems with the current era and being corrected by Todt is the complete lack of testing, there should be at least some limited testing which may come in 2012, with this era of rules, and even when Michael attempted his aborted ferrari comeback in 2009, to come in and practice on friday on the gp weekend with the current car after 3 years out, very brave, but hugely difficult task, if anyone could of made something of it, he would of, but given the expectations on him to perform straight away, the task is difficult, you need practice having been out like that, rookies need practice, returning drivers need practice in some form, I know he hired a old f1 car, but it isn't the same.

Michael once said, once your out your out for good. He's trying to test that out as he is a person who needs challenges, it's alot more difficult then he thought it could be, and maybe the tyres/current car/tyre, the way it needs to be driven is just out of realm from the car/styres he was used too. He's still perhaps having to make comprimises, but if he wheeled out the f-2000 ferrari, would he beat the rest? Maybe. If you remember Kimi on michelins, he wasn't the same on bridgestones, and maybe Alonso is not the same guy who left the michelin shod renault behind, he's still one of the best out there, but my impression of Kimi and ALonso was, they seemed so comfortable on michelins, Alonso hasn't won a title since the tyre wars came to a close, and Hamiton just piped him on bridgestone in 2007.

I don't think these pirelli tyres have helped MS considerably, but maybe his approach to qualifying had been wrong at times, who knows, Brawn has been tlaking about concentrating on race fuel set up more, and the Q3 times of MS at Turkey iis something that needs explaining for MS's own sake and everyone else. Rosberg has been at one with the merc since day one despite it being not a contender, the main issue for MS is driving the way he wants too without making the comprimises he needs too for the tyre/car package, maybe it's the rules/current car/tyre regulation, maybe if the car can contend for wins, or a update that gives him more set up options to be at ease with the car, if you look at Turkey in 2010/Spain 2010/Spa 2010/Suzuka 2010, he was driving like we expect him to and was ahead of Rosberg in his first season back. So as long as MS and Mercedes can understand what's happening, it'll make things much easier to discuss, MS's set ups and the way he drives has always been unique, and his speed in slow corners especially in 2010 was the issue, Brawn said he was fast in the fast corners but losing time in odd corners like slow ones where Rosberg took advantage,yence why MS was fast at Spa/Suzuka/Spain/Turkey last year-fast corners. He has unique set up requrements which would probably bring up unique issues, and we've seen some of that in the races so far. Maybe why he's been fast in races, certainly race pace wise, but not able to find qualifying solutions as it might comprimise his race solution, and since you can't touch the cars overnight from qualifying, with no sunday race warm up, the regulations may have prevented us from seeing his true work ethic in motion/yence comprimised weekends

But now with these rules, you don't need to be on pole, but certainly Vettel can pole and race pace still well, so MS has gotta hover around a top 6 position this year at least if Mercedes continues a improvement, and as many have said, race pace is less of a issue, it's this Q3 situation. Kimi was not the same qualifying driver in 2007 when he came to ferrari and bridgestone, he won the title yes, but his race pace helped more so then poles, MS is gonna have to be more like Alain Prost then Senna in the current era/with his style and these rules.

Edited by SeanValen, 08 May 2011 - 20:59.

#9613 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:58

I can not see him staying past Monaco to be honest. i got the impression from his interview that he is in the process of making up his mind of on weather to stay or go. I think the next two races will decide that. I think one of things keeping him going is his free practice pace. He is always good on Friday, but then something just goes come qualifying and the race. I don't know what it is sadly and it does not look like he does either.

#9614 razno

razno

• 82 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:01

don't know if posted...

MS in rain in turkey...

#9615 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Wonderful race. Loved it

#9616 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

No more fun for Schumi

Michael Schumacher has admitted for the first time that he is not enjoying racing following a disappointing start to the second season of his comeback.

Schumacher told BBC Sport: "The big joy is not there right now."

"I guess I was responsible myself to have the result that I had. With Petrov I guess it was mostly my mistake what happened there.

"I need to analyse it. It was a bit strange that suddenly we got together and I lost my front wing. The race was a given from there - lots of fighting, lots of action, but for nothing.

To many times using the word "strange".... :cat:

#9617 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,631 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:04

It's age. He's lost the bleeding edge of mental/physical capacity to know the limits of the car and the limits of himself.

Give him a clear track and no pressure and he can turn a good lap, as he has done a fair few times in practice.

Put him in qualifying and the times aren't there. Put him in traffic and contact has become inevitable.

Watching the BBC coverage, even DC quietly acknowledges that he needed to swallow his pride and leave F1 before the end of his final season. Schumacher should be brave enough to do the same.

#9618 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:06

but then something just goes come qualifying and the race.

I don't know..with Q you might have a point (though Turkey was his first trouble free session)...

but race day he's been very good so far. he got in a tangle with petrov today but other than that....his starts are almost perfect, his speed was there, his racecraft was there.
what is the point with the race problems?

#9619 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:07

I can not see him staying past Monaco to be honest. i got the impression from his interview that he is in the process of making up his mind of on weather to stay or go. I think the next two races will decide that. I think one of things keeping him going is his free practice pace. He is always good on Friday, but then something just goes come qualifying and the race. I don't know what it is sadly and it does not look like he does either.

But what expression were you expecting from him, if he was too relaxed, it would be for some, he doesn't care. In 2010 some didn't like how chilled out he was most of the time. But because he is dssappointed in a Monaco 2004 fashion, it actually shows he wants to know badly what happened, that's a good sign to get to the bottom of things.

But like you said, he needs answers, because he has been competitive at various times, but he isn't going to get answers straight after the gp and even so, he will and the team share it with us? Maybe we won't know until he does actually do well, and all is forgotten, remember it wasn't untlil Spain last year when he done well, that the same questions came up.

Advertisement

#9620 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:08

. Put him in traffic and contact has become inevitable.

sorry, this is BS..if you watched China it's not the case. he was there in all the fights and did not put a wheel wrong.
did you see his move on JA in the closing stages?

sure, contact is inevitable....

#9621 BullHead

BullHead

• 6,655 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:10

I think and hope he will see the season out. But yes, his comment today certainly spelled out his intentions in the near future. MGP was the wrong way in. Ferrari 2009 would have been better.

#9622 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:15

Well one of the main problems with the current era and being corrected by Todt is the complete lack of testing, there should be at least some limited testing which may come in 2012, with this era of rules, and even when Michael attempted his aborted ferrari comeback in 2009, to come in and practice on friday on the gp weekend with the current car after 3 years out, very brave, but hugely difficult task, if anyone could of made something of it, he would of, but given the expectations on him to perform straight away, the task is difficult, you need practice having been out like that, rookies need practice, returning drivers need practice in some form, I know he hired a old f1 car, but it isn't the same.

I can't find the quote, but I have read MS felt that the ban on in-season testing made it easier for him to return to F1. Between races he can go home and continue the family life he's enjoyed during his retirement. Should in-season testing return next year, don't be surprised if he doesn't use that as an excuse for his second retirement.

#9623 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:17

Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days

#9624 michaelarwas

michaelarwas

• 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:40

It's age. He's lost the bleeding edge of mental/physical capacity to know the limits of the car and the limits of himself.

Give him a clear track and no pressure and he can turn a good lap, as he has done a fair few times in practice.

Put him in qualifying and the times aren't there. Put him in traffic and contact has become inevitable.

Watching the BBC coverage, even DC quietly acknowledges that he needed to swallow his pride and leave F1 before the end of his final season. Schumacher should be brave enough to do the same.

Don't make me laugh. Clearly you have not been watching F1 for long. The amount of times he had to fight through the field when at Ferrari after Grid Penalties make your comment null and void. Did you watch Monaco 2006? No, thought not.

Oh and Frans, i've sat reading posts on this forum for a while now and your comments are the most childish of all. You may not like Michael, but for heaven sake show the man some respect. He is one of the reasons that the sport is so successful and without his presence it would have been a duller place. If you actually posted something constructive once in a while i would have less of an issue however all you want to do is mindlessly bash the most successful motor racing driver ever. Yes, i am a Schumi fan, but you won't here me bashing Rosberg every time he is beaten by Michael. I respect both of their abilities and judge them using clear analysis. You have also failed to note how quick Schui's race pace was in comparison to Rosberg. If he hadn't lost his front wing he may well have beaten Rosberg.

Edited by michaelarwas, 08 May 2011 - 22:45.

#9625 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,450 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:09

The discussion is about Schumacher in 2011, not 2006. It is a very big difference being 36-37 compared to 41-42. Age is not linear. Sports get a lot more difficult around 40.

Edited by FenderJaguar, 08 May 2011 - 23:12.

#9626 michaelarwas

michaelarwas

• 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:15

The discussion is about Schumacher in 2011, not 2006. It is a very big difference being 36-37 compared to 41-42. Age is not linear. Sports get a lot more difficult around 40.

I'm sorry when it comes to race craft, not raw pace, i completely disagree with you. He stills wins every karting event he enters. Age has nothing to do with positioning of car. If he had such poor race craft how would you account for his brilliant starts every race?

#9627 cilurnum

cilurnum

• 1,686 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:19

I'm afraid qualifying put a couple of nails in his coffin and his ludicrous performance in the race all but dropped it into the grave.

Sorry, but in traffic he is absolutely hopeless. He still believes he is leading races and can give his opponents a stark choice to back off. What happens when you're in the midfield is that doesn't happen, contact becomes inevitable and you simply fall back.

I don't believe that Schumacher has got any worse as a driver, but simply he can't hack Formula 1 as it is today. It's always difficult coming back to a different set of circumstances, lack of testing and control tyres. There isn't much difference at all between 36 and 42. Alain Prost managed it and he wasn't in as good physical condition as Schumacher.

#9628 michaelarwas

michaelarwas

• 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:22

I'm afraid qualifying put a couple of nails in his coffin and his ludicrous performance in the race all but dropped it into the grave.

Sorry, but in traffic he is absolutely hopeless. He still believes he is leading races and can give his opponents a stark choice to back off. What happens when you're in the midfield is that doesn't happen, contact becomes inevitable and you simply fall back.

I don't believe that Schumacher has got any worse as a driver, but simply he can't hack Formula 1 as it is today. It's always difficult coming back to a different set of circumstances, lack of testing and control tyres. There isn't much difference at all between 36 and 42. Alain Prost managed it and he wasn't in as good physical condition as Schumacher.

I would agree with you there but lets not over exaggerate and say his race performance was ludicrous, because really, if you look at the live timings it wasn't. He was as quick if not quicker than Rosberg until the last stint. He made a few nice overtakes, especially the one around the outside of Alguesuari. You are, however, correct about the different attitudes required for racing the midfield who have a lot less to lose.

#9629 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:24

Dale Earnhardt won championships in his fourties in NASCAR, Fangio won all of his championships in his fourties too... with that said I don't think age should be blamed for every thing. There have been a wealth of differences for him concerning F1 since 2006 and from my point of view he's not adapting like we thought he would. Things like that happen.

#9630 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:25

did you see china?

#9631 michaelarwas

michaelarwas

• 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:26

Dale Earnhardt won championships in his fourties in NASCAR, Fangio won all of his championships in his fourties too... with that said I don't think age should be blamed for every thing. There have been a wealth of differences for him concerning F1 since 2006 and from my point of view he's not adapting like we thought he would. Things like that happen.

To be fair theres quite a big difference between Nascar and modern F1 which exaggerates any menthal or physical weakness.

#9632 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:30

There is an element of Michael still being mentally stuck to how F1 was 10 years ago. To be honest, I can't fault him for that, since he was a big part of what turned F1 to what it was 10 years ago. But he has to adapt, and so far after what? 23 races he has been unable to. Schumacher's approach to F1 was very methodical, lots of planning, lots of evaluating every single parameter, lots of pre race optimizing. That was his strength and he can't use it now. And yeah to an extent, mentally, it's difficult to be a 7 time world champion racing a guy that was considered to be a pay driver 4 months ago.

#9633 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:36

To be fair theres quite a big difference between Nascar and modern F1 which exaggerates any menthal or physical weakness.

F1 cars are now running a much slower race pace this year than back in the grooved tyre era so it's not like they're going any where near lap record pace like in the mid-2000s.

I really can't help but feel that if you put him in a 2006 Ferrari 248 with 2006 spec Bridgestones right now he'd be right at home... which kind of adds to my dissapointment towards him right now. I can't help but feel that he was all too pampered at Ferrari which has allowed him to develop certain habits when it comes to his driving and how he expects the car to handle and react to his imputs.

Edited by hotstickyslick, 08 May 2011 - 23:42.

#9634 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,310 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:41

I actually disagree there - I guess you missed China

how many times have we seen over the last 2 seasons MS having contact... it's not happened everytime he's been in traffic as you allude to. The start of this race was a shocker, but I don't recall too many "contacts" over the last 2 seasons. Perhaps you can list them for me

Edited by Raelene, 09 May 2011 - 00:23.

#9635 AyePirate

AyePirate

• 5,818 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:02

F1 cars are now running a much slower race pace this year than back in the grooved tyre era so it's not like they're going any where near lap record pace like in the mid-2000s.

I really can't help but feel that if you put him in a 2006 Ferrari 248 with 2006 spec Bridgestones right now he'd be right at home... which kind of adds to my dissapointment towards him right now. I can't help but feel that he was all too pampered at Ferrari which has allowed him to develop certain habits when it comes to his driving and how he expects the car to handle and react to his imputs.

Other baseless excuse. Today's fastest lap nearly equaled Montoya's lap record from 2005.
It's not over for Schumi but he is not long for the grid. Old drivers are like soft tires when the performance drops it's like a cliff.

Oh sure if you gave Schumi the best car with bespoke tires he would do better. His lack of performance on a more even playing field casts a shadow on his former dominance.

Edited by AyePirate, 09 May 2011 - 00:04.

#9636 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,384 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:29

Other baseless excuse. Today's fastest lap nearly equaled Montoya's lap record from 2005.

That's a joke right?

#9637 eriknaa

eriknaa

• 34 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:42

In Spain everything will go better, everybody have bad race from time to time even a 7 time wdc.
Good to see Michael not enjoying fighting for p 12- p 13. And rightly so he should only happy when he is fighting up at the front.
Clearly a though weekend for Michael, after that error in quali. But he did some nice moves aswell in the race particiulary with Algersuari, and that fight with Massa was cool to watch :)
Michael will bounce back strong again soon, just wait and see :D,

#9638 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:48

I can't find the quote, but I have read MS felt that the ban on in-season testing made it easier for him to return to F1. Between races he can go home and continue the family life he's enjoyed during his retirement. Should in-season testing return next year, don't be surprised if he doesn't use that as an excuse for his second retirement.

I know the quote your talking about, Michael was talking about full on unlimted testing, he doesn't want that, but he did menstion last year some testing comprimise should be reached, a complete ban he is against, and no one wants unlimited testing again. Todt's limited testing proposal makes sense for everyone. I mean to have complete in season testing with simulators, it's boring and parts that don't work being tested at gp weekends is a risk where fans might not even see a full operational car against competitors. Mclaren's late minute exhaust change was a risk but could of been extremely costly, ferrari and mercedes could of done with some limited testing to catch redbull, infact everyone needs some more testing to catch red bull, because redbull have breached the rules and have too many staff members, it's not a level playing field! Jean Todt needs to act ASAP.

Edited by SeanValen, 09 May 2011 - 00:50.

#9639 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,892 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:55

I know the quote your talking about, Michael was talking about full on unlimted testing, he doesn't want that, but he did menstion last year some testing comprimise should be reached, a complete ban he is against, and no one wants unlimited testing again. Todt's limited testing proposal makes sense for everyone. I mean to have complete in season testing with simulators, it's boring and parts that don't work being tested at gp weekends is a risk where fans might not even see a full operational car against competitors. Mclaren's late minute exhaust change was a risk but could of been extremely costly, ferrari and mercedes could of done with some limited testing to catch redbull, infact everyone needs some more testing to catch red bull, because redbull have breached the rules and have too many staff members, it's not a level playing field! Jean Todt needs to act ASAP.

Ah, Jean Todt is responsible for MichaelĀ“s showings! Strange, it coincides with the fact that Todt was also responsible for the fact that Michael was unbeatable at Ferrari. :drunk:

In other news I hear that your attention has shifted from MS to Koba. Time to change the fav driver?

Advertisement

#9640 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:44

Michael is noting on his personal website that he was sliding all over in quali. I wonder what he will say about the race. He still has a speed, and he had proved that in FP. He has racecraft - one doesn't forget that. Something else is wrong; he will figure it out.

Edited by Sakae, 09 May 2011 - 01:45.

#9641 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:57

No no no, with regards to the physical conditioning required between NASCAR and Formula 1 it's completely different. Even a go-kart requires tons more physical conditioning than NASCAR, look how fat and out of shape those NASCAR drivers are. Schumacher though, is in great shape, but that doesn't automatically mean he can hack modern Formula 1. It's very different to have raced Formula 1 in Fangio's days than now.

#9642 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,577 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:19

... look how fat and out of shape those NASCAR drivers are.

Posted Image

#9643 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,080 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:26

Part of the problem, I think, is refueling, he was a master at that....

#9644 steveninthematrix

steveninthematrix

• 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:56

i am always wondering if something is going on at MGP, on michael's car...

drs problems, kers problems, etc etc....

but that being said, there are soooo many engineers and so much telementry data, someone surely would pick it up...

FP3 is normally the car being setup for Quali, with the engine not yet completely turned up

FP3, MS is 2nd fastest with a 1.26.038

Q2, MS gets a 1.26.1, and in Q3, a 1.26.6 ???

in comparison

Vettel - FP3 - 1.26.037
Nico - FP3 - 1.26.420

Vettel - Q2 - 1.25.610, Q3 - 1.25.049
Nico - Q2 - 1.25.810, Q3 - 1.25.574

i.e. as you're turning the engine up, you keep going faster, 4-6 tenths from Fp3 to Q2, and 3-6 tenths from Q2-Q3

except Michael, he just went slower and slower.... it is peculiar, if he was able to get a 1.26.1 in Fp3, and then the engine management is turned up and up... what happens?

just strange

#9645 Dodi_napalm

Dodi_napalm

• 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:58

Bigger problem is testing ban. He was even bigger master at that.

#9646 topical

topical

• 2,069 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:07

For Schumacher the humiliation continues. It is painful to watch and it really is time for the old man to jack it in.

#9647 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:05

Does Willi Weber still manage MS?

#9648 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:08

No, it's Sabine Kehm now.

#9649 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,304 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:09

No. Part of the reason being he manages Nico Hukenburg, and the other being i think he adviced him not to come back in the first place.

#9650 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:33

Q2, MS gets a 1.26.1, and in Q3, a 1.26.6 ???

Because he made an error in corner 1 on his Q3 lap, which ruined his entire lap. He admitted it yesterday.