Advertisement

#9852 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 19:48

eeeehm... http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/91346

[no comment]

am I the only one who sees this?

:kiss: you're adorable. You know what they say about every village needing..........

#9853 steveninthematrix

steveninthematrix

• 329 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 19:56

Michael gets a podium in the next two races; you heard it here first.

#9854 Number62

Number62

• 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 21:08

Michael gets a podium in the next two races; you heard it here first.

Just for the avoidance of doubt is that;

both of "the next two races" or

one of "the next two races".

fancy a euro each way with me?

#9855 rommel

rommel

• 294 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 21:28

This is just ranting though.. the reality simply does not reflect what you are saying in any way.

He is not slow. He is still somewhat inconsistent however.
He is not 'thrashed'. Rosberg has the better of him by a SMALL margin, and not always.
He is not remotely clumsy, and has made a huge number of impressive overtakes and fine moves, including by far the best starts and first corners of any driver in the sport (an area where clumsy=failure)
Any rookie who performed as he has would be regarded as a top prospect.

You are seeing it through a combination of the (fair) expectation that he will be better than others, and the (unfair) green tinted glasses of dislike.

You speak of reality yet your post has no relation to it. Michael has been dominated in almost every qualifying session and race for over 1 season, yet somehow you are denying he is being thrashed or slow. That does not reflect this reality at all I am afraid. It is also as clear as day that in wheel to combat Michael has been extremely clumsey, constantly losing positions, or getting car damage like against Petrov, from over defending but let me guess that was not Michaels fault in your opinion?

Oh boy, that's gold. Some fans just can't let the past go.

Edited by rommel, 13 May 2011 - 21:32.

#9856 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 23:17

What happens if he's fine at Barcelona and is quickest of all behind the Red Bulls?

I'd like to know what it is that seems to go wrong with his setups between FP3 and Qualifying. Happens frequently to him but it's happened to Rosberg on a couple of occasions as well, so it's nothing to do with the driver.

He should take the opportunity to leave on a high note.

#9857 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,208 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:48

Not sure that's true, but regardless, the simply fact is he is not a rookie.

#9858 baddog

baddog

• 23,256 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:42

Not sure that's true, but regardless, the simply fact is he is not a rookie.

Well lets leave the goalposts where the person who raised the question put them shall we?

#9859 as65p

as65p

• 17,082 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:58

Well lets leave the goalposts where the person who raised the question put them shall we?

It's simply not working this "if he was a rookie". Obviously newcomers are judged completely different, there are certain areas in which failures are regarded as forgivable because they tend to disappear with experience. In fact the somewhat clumsy battle style of MS in Turkey would be such an area. A rookie can do that stuff, people will just say he's young and lacks experience, main thing is that the speed is there.
But precisely that line of arguments doesn't apply when judging a 7-time champion.

Advertisement

#9860 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 13:03

But precisely that line of arguments doesn't apply when judging a 7-time champion.

:up: all said

#9861 rommel

rommel

• 294 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 13:32

There is no need to move the goal posts. It's not even tolerable for a rookie to be constantly thrashed week in week out for over a season. They are expected to match their team mates within half a season.

#9862 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 14:04

The question to ask is If MSC was a young unknown rookie just coming into F1 would he still have a seat in any F1 team ?

this was the question that was answered. why change the question during answering?

#9863 JustinCider

JustinCider

• 836 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 16:17

Just read this. It made me laugh quite a bit.

:rotfl:

Edited by JustinCider, 14 May 2011 - 16:18.

#9864 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 16:21

Just read this. It made me laugh quite a bit.

:rotfl:

and here was us thinking it was a restraining order against frans

#9865 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 18:13

Turkey : fastest laps :
Msc vs Bue 35
Msc vs But 31
Msc vs Kob 30
Msc vs Pet 26
Msc vs Ros 23
Msc vs Mas 23
Msc vs Hei 21
Msc vs Ham 15
------
Ros vs Alonso 15

#9866 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 18:41

Msc vs Bue 35
Msc vs But 31
Msc vs Kob 30
Msc vs Pet 26
Msc vs Ros 23
Msc vs Mas 23
Msc vs Hei 21
Msc vs Ham 15
------
Ros vs Alonso 15

???

#9867 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 18:55

???

ex; Rosberg 15 times has a faster lap time than Alonso during the races.

Edited by jjpm, 14 May 2011 - 18:56.

#9868 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,208 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 21:55

Msc vs Bue 35
Msc vs But 31
Msc vs Kob 30
Msc vs Pet 26
Msc vs Ros 23
Msc vs Mas 23
Msc vs Hei 21
Msc vs Ham 15
------
Ros vs Alonso 15

And the relevance of that list is????

#9869 black magic

black magic

• 3,835 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:38

were it not for his q3 performances ms has been the match of rosberg come race day. the team knows and will be watching.

whilst I accept you might expect a different standard from 7 wdc the fact is you also know that the guy will not panic leading a race for the first time etc. he's been there and more than demonstrated what he can cope with.

I'd also look at things like being 2nd P3 at turkey which would tell me the guy even as a rookie can be quick - I would be frustrated with his qualifying though and would be trying to coach him through that or give up and aim for P11 but saving new set of tyres for the race.

I would also be watching his forst lap and see the guy can overtake and has a sense of where to be and can be on the pace instantly.

I also doubt any of us are any harsher critics than the guy himself. he knows what he was capable of and will be aware of how hard he finds it matching. beatig rosberg.

he also loves the focus that every gp weekend brings back to his life, the fitness, the analysis, the being central, the being relevant again that his comeback has delivered albeit not the results.

#9870 rommel

rommel

• 294 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:59

were it not for his q3 performances ms has been the match of rosberg come race day. the team knows and will be watching..

Considering the messy nature of races, traffic, different tyre wear phases, that statement would be very hard to determine as true. I don't rememeber many times I have seen Michael even as quick as rosberg in races apart from when he is on newer tyres. Even Q1, Q2, Q3 he is almost always slower then rosberg.

#9871 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:17

Considering the messy nature of races, traffic, different tyre wear phases, that statement would be very hard to determine as true. I don't rememeber many times I have seen Michael even as quick as rosberg in races apart from when he is on newer tyres. Even Q1, Q2, Q3 he is almost always slower then rosberg.

Nah man, that makes too much sense......

#9872 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:41

And this is not true for Rosberg too? Everyone is fast with new tyres. You can't compare driver performance in race any more. There is to many factors involved. Michael qualifying performance is his biggest problem. I just wonder , where were you all to point finger at Nico after his Malaysia race? Tragic showing, don't you think. And he didn't have a hit with somebody? One lap behind leader. Michael race inTurkey after the hit with Petrov was still much better than Nico's race in Malaysia.

Nah man, that makes too much sense..... :rotfl:

Edited by ivand911, 15 May 2011 - 07:50.

#9873 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,911 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:13

Schumacher crashes out in Australia; Nico runs a few laps longer than him = Nico demolishes Schumacher.

Schumacher beats Rosberg in Malaysia = Nico had a problem and should have destroyed Schumacher (no, it's true!)

Nico leads the race for 15 laps in China; ends up fifth; Schumacher starts 14th and ends up 8th; lap wise there isn't a great difference = Nico demolishes Schumacher

Schumacher has a silly accident with Petrov. Race pace he is better than most in the Top 10 - comparable to Jenson Button (second best car, equal to Hamilton and all that....). Nico isn't massively quicker = apparantly Nico demolises him again.

Too much hyperbole surround Schumacher. The team will be analysing his lap times and I dare say they see something different from all us armchair experts. Still, what do they know, eh?

#9874 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:34

Too much hyperbole surround Schumacher.

The only what is feeding him and his fans are his 7 titles and the glory of old days. But in his new career there isn't nothing what make him specially 'good'!

#9875 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:38

The only what is feeding him and his fans are his 7 titles and the glory of old days. But in his new career there isn't nothing what make him specially 'good'!

Only!! Give me another only example? It is good to have this only, what other have? Some have only two titles, and soon will be not the only one in F1 with two titles. And soon one of them will have three titles. But, it will be not your guy. I just don't know what is feeding you? Glory of old days too?

Edited by ivand911, 15 May 2011 - 09:44.

#9876 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:38

But apparently it's still "specially 'good'" to beat him. So good that Nico has turned into a god, because when he beats him by any margin or is pretty much equal he is trashing MSC, and when he gets beat its because of problems. :drunk:

Edited by Augurk, 15 May 2011 - 09:38.

#9877 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 18:53

But apparently it's still "specially 'good'" to beat him. So good that Nico has turned into a god, because when he beats him by any margin or is pretty much equal he is trashing MSC, and when he gets beat its because of problems. :drunk:

nah, I don't think Nico is a god for beating MSC.....

#9878 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 19:53

nah, I don't think Nico is a god for beating MSC.....

:confused: and why?? Looking the time they are driving in the same team...and heaven &hell is moved to bring the 'old' champion in front of him!

#9879 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 19:55

:confused: and why?? Looking the time they are driving in the same team...and heaven &hell is moved to bring the 'old' champion in front of him!

Cus I don't think beating an aging MSC is much to gloat about, certainly not enough to call him a god.

I expected Rosberg to beat him.

Edited by Birelman, 15 May 2011 - 19:56.

Advertisement

#9880 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 19:55

and heaven &hell is moved to bring the 'old' champion in front of him!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh my, you do live in another world!

#9881 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:13

Cus I don't think beating an aging MSC is much to gloat about, certainly not enough to call him a god.

I expected Rosberg to beat him.

But ever...and ever ...and ever everybody is saying this have NOTHING to do with age!!! :well:

#9882 cilurnum

cilurnum

• 1,686 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:21

Because he's still living off those said glory days and they're now coming back to haunt him in a way. Let's face it, Rosberg is not getting beat often and if there are any excuses thrown around they're all on the part of Schumacher - his F-duct or now DRS has been stuck for over a year now. :rolleyes:

It doesn't really have much to do with age either. The fact is that since Schumacher left, especially with the control tyre and lack of testing, his lack of raw behind-the-wheel talent has been shown up. No longer can he pound around Fiorano for thousands of miles to get things sorted and no longer can he go to Bridgestone and tell them to change the tyre. That doesn't detract much from his world championships, but his return to the sport and how he has faired have shown up just how those titles were won.

#9883 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:27

Because he's still living off those said glory days and they're now coming back to haunt him in a way. Let's face it, Rosberg is not getting beat often and if there are any excuses thrown around they're all on the part of Schumacher - his F-duct or now DRS has been stuck for over a year now. :rolleyes:

It doesn't really have much to do with age either. The fact is that since Schumacher left, especially with the control tyre and lack of testing, his lack of raw behind-the-wheel talent has been shown up. No longer can he pound around Fiorano for thousands of miles to get things sorted and no longer can he go to Bridgestone and tell them to change the tyre. That doesn't detract much from his world championships, but his return to the sport and how he has faired have shown up just how those titles were won.

And his 2 titles with Benetton were won because of....?? :stoned:

#9884 as65p

as65p

• 17,082 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:27

...his F-duct or now DRS has been stuck for over a year now.

That one made me chuckle! :D :up:

#9885 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:28

Because he's still living off those said glory days and they're now coming back to haunt him in a way.

:up:
.....and what will be said here when he ended the season like he began it??

#9886 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:28

But ever...and ever ...and ever everybody is saying this have NOTHING to do with age!!! :well:

LOL it's all his crazy fan's fault though. When he came back they were all sure Schumacher was going too blitz all these nublets into oblivion, they figured his age wasn't going to be a factor, that set the stage for them either, accepting age is a factor, or start the parade of excuses they have been parading. LOL it's hilarious!!

#9887 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:36

LOL it's all his crazy fan's fault though. When he came back they were all sure Schumacher was going too blitz all these nublets into oblivion, they figured his age wasn't going to be a factor, that set the stage for them either, accepting age is a factor, or start the parade of excuses they have been parading. LOL it's hilarious!!

As I recall many of his fans were aware age could, or would, be a factor. MS was already on the downslope by 2005, so the chances of him getting better when 5 years older still, with two years out of the car, weren't great. He's clearly well past his best; it's up to him and Merc to decide whether what he has to offer now is enough to justify continuing.

#9888 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,208 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:41

As I recall many of his fans were aware age could, or would, be a factor. MS was already on the downslope by 2005, so the chances of him getting better when 5 years older still, with two years out of the car, weren't great. He's clearly well past his best; it's up to him and Merc to decide whether what he has to offer now is enough to justify continuing.

My recollection is different. Seemed to me that most of his fans shouted anyone down who thought he was too old, or past it, or simply out of the game for too long. So far his come back has been more or less what I expected.

#9889 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:57

BLAH-BLAH-BLAH :rotfl:
And more BLAH-BLAH-BLAH pause BLAH-BLAH-BLAH. And again :rotfl: :lol: :p :wave: :wave:

Edited by ivand911, 15 May 2011 - 21:00.

#9890 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 20:58

My recollection is different. Seemed to me that most of his fans shouted anyone down who thought he was too old, or past it, or simply out of the game for too long. So far his come back has been more or less what I expected.

Some did, undoubtedly, but by no means all. Like you, I've got roughly what I expected. There was just no logical reason to think MS 2010 would be MS 2000 given he obvious decline before retirement.

#9891 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 21:04

And more BLAH-BLAH-BLAH pause BLAH-BLAH-BLAH. And again :rotfl: :lol: :p :wave: :wave:

Just wondering what this post was before you edited it? :lol:

#9892 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 21:13

:wave: why everything what is not kissing Schumi is "BLAH-BLAH....'??

#9893 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 21:28

Just wondering what this post was before you edited it? :lol:

It was shorter, I only add more BLAH-BLAH.

Because , for 1,5 year I hear everything, I doubt you will add something new. Or other guys.
To put it this way, without Michael this team will not have any fan base. Will be one very short thread, about Williams and Lotus big. So, I think to enjoy seeing Michael on the track , good or bad is better than 2007-2009 seasons for me. Yeah , and I don't go to other driver threads to say that they are not good and need to retire. It is below me. It is not my business.

#9894 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,208 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 21:41

You were right.

#9895 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,579 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 22:01

These posts really bother me. Cilurnum, have you watched any of schumi's races from before he was world champion? Some of his '91=93 drives were stunning. No special treatment, no superior car, no hours of testing, just bags and bags of raw talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, go check them out if you don't believe that once he was really something very special indeed.

#9896 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 22:17

Really, go check them out if you don't believe that once he was really something very special indeed.

But what has it to do with "THE NOW"???

#9897 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 22:40

It was shorter, I only add more BLAH-BLAH.

Because , for 1,5 year I hear everything, I doubt you will add something new. Or other guys.
To put it this way, without Michael this team will not have any fan base. Will be one very short thread, about Williams and Lotus big. So, I think to enjoy seeing Michael on the track , good or bad is better than 2007-2009 seasons for me. Yeah , and I don't go to other driver threads to say that they are not good and need to retire. It is below me. It is not my business.

Oh my! I will give you that without Michel Schumacher Mercedes would have maybe a smaller fanbase, but to say it wouldn't have ANY fanbase is pretty stupid. Mercedes is a classic in Formula 1, they'd have fans either way, and lots of them, I for one would be a fan is Schumacher wasn't in there

#9898 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 22:42

yeap, that seems to be their problem

#9899 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:48

I was in Turkey and I saw a lot of MS fans. A lot. They can be easily identified by their caps from 2000 to 2011(I also have 2004,2006 and 2010 cap). Not much MGP fans or Nico fans. But, I sow some Nico and MGP fans too.

Problem? I think you misunderstood this thread it is about MS it is not about "Rehabilitation thread for not MS fans after 2000-2004".

Edited by ivand911, 16 May 2011 - 06:59.

Advertisement

#9900 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:51

Come on guys, if you want to bash MSC you can do better than this! Stop the trolling. Everyone can read he was responding to someone claiming MSC never had the raw talent. He wasn't linking it to "THE NOW" at all.