Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#51 Hairpin

Hairpin

• 4,468 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:52

schumachers driving style analysed to death with telemetry comparison (pretty old but people dont change driving styles its a part of who they are)

I find it amusing that people use this video as a reference of his greatness. It is Schmi's best lap against a bad one from Herbert. Pick Schumi's worst and Herberts best and then suddenly everybody would wonder how come Herbert never had any success in spite of being better than Schumi. How you apply throttle is very much depending on how the braking went. Brake a split second to late and your telemetry will look like shit. Have a small lock up => same thing.

Advertisement

#52 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:28

Bild writes that Schumi worked overhours yesterday with his mechanics and they changed his sitting position too.

#53 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:29

Reading couple of articles on today's front pages, it looks like that there are good dynamic conditions between MGP teammates. I detect reasonable amount of respect for each other, and none of the patronizing tone we run into occasionally elsewhere.

Edited by MiPe, 25 March 2010 - 12:30.

#54 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:48

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82364
Q & A with Michael Schumacher

#55 Racer3

Racer3

• 383 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 13:28

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82364
Q & A with Michael Schumacher

Perhaps it's just me, but both this interview with Michael and the one with Nico at http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82359 have a lot of undertones I don't like. It's hard to describe, but for me there are too many insinuating, goading questions revealing a prejudiced attitude and some desperate searching for any potential antagonism. You won't get really interesting answers to this kind of questions. Just MHO.

#56 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 14:50

I have noticed that as well. Maybe it is so because in my own culture this is unacceptable norm of speaking to someone. I live for far too many years abroad, and picked up also some bad mannerism, but interviews by British media are still just too much (in any conceivable angle); especially when I can compare it friendly voices for example NASCAR broadcasters with their drivers. The other day Brundle, sitting in the booth while race was still on, characterized Vettel as panicking (on the track), whilst driver had problem with his equipment. Who the hell he thinks he is? When they speak with Schumacher, its pretty much norm with them, as they are trying to explore any perceived weakness they can detect and sink him quickly. I got pretty much used to it over the years, and so is Michael. Fans just pick up on that, and carry the condescending tone for years.

#57 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 16:46

Does anyone knows when Michael arrived to Melbourne? In the past he liked to come several days early to shake off the jet lag. For Bahrain race he was little late, and consequently not so comfy (by his own admission).

#58 Eff1NZ

Eff1NZ

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 17:07

I have noticed that as well. Maybe it is so because in my own culture this is unacceptable norm of speaking to someone. I live for far too many years abroad, and picked up also some bad mannerism, but interviews by British media are still just too much (in any conceivable angle); especially when I can compare it friendly voices for example NASCAR broadcasters with their drivers. The other day Brundle, sitting in the booth while race was still on, characterized Vettel as panicking (on the track), whilst driver had problem with his equipment. Who the hell he thinks he is? When they speak with Schumacher, its pretty much norm with them, as they are trying to explore any perceived weakness they can detect and sink him quickly. I got pretty much used to it over the years, and so is Michael. Fans just pick up on that, and carry the condescending tone for years.

Very good point. :up:
Malcontents. I've often wondered whether they are introspective enough to see that. Guess not. They all seem to do it. :yawnface:

#59 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 17:33

Perhaps it's just me, but both this interview with Michael and the one with Nico at http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82359 have a lot of undertones I don't like. It's hard to describe, but for me there are too many insinuating, goading questions revealing a prejudiced attitude and some desperate searching for any potential antagonism. You won't get really interesting answers to this kind of questions. Just MHO.

Did you see that one interview by Pino Allievi when he interviewed Kimi Räikkönen?

That was like the worst interview I've ever seen related to F1. The interviewer obviously had an agenda there. I can't imagine being very cool about it had I been there interviewed instead of Kimi. Considering the crap he had to put up with I am surprised at how cool he has been. I am not at all sure I could be that cool if faced with similar situations and I consider myself to be of the more polite and calm people than those who heat up quickly. It's amazing how well for example Kimi has behaved when the interviewers are so provocative, and, well, just being really unfair. Sometimes I want to be a F1 driver just so I can go and tell the (crap) journos they won't get one single interview from me ever no matter what :cat: I guess that's how some of the F1 drivers often feel, they would want to tell the journos to take a hike somewhere far away and never come back.

It's an unfair situation to begin with as the journos know the driver is in a position that he should behave 'nice' whilst they may feel it is their responsibility to be 'difficult'. So they can choose to be jerks and get away with it time after time because the focus is not on them, it's on the drivers. Jerks...

I've noticed, too, that the British like to try and get a reaction out of Schumacher. Like, when he was making this comeback, the first thing those thugs decide to do is to start provoking the guy. Why do you have to be such jerks? Let the guy have his happy moment, making a comeback, don't be a jerk about it. It's not like he did something so horrible in the past that you need to haunt him for the rest of his life with idiotic provocative questions starting from the first one you present to him after he has announced his comeback.

Edited by Anssi, 25 March 2010 - 17:35.

Advertisement

#60 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 17:38

Does anyone knows when Michael arrived to Melbourne? In the past he liked to come several days early to shake off the jet lag. For Bahrain race he was little late, and consequently not so comfy (by his own admission).

this time he was there very early, he arrived there last friday.

#61 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,925 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 17:53

I don't understand what your analisys is about. MS has never been an early accelerator. The style you described is his natural style that I've always seen him drive with, seemed to me, same ole Mike. He's always been extremely late on brakes and is ussually late on the power compared to other drivers, still, carried enough momentum through turns to arrive at the other end quicker than the comparison.

I once saw in this forum some telemetry data that compared him with Rubens and Schumacher ussually gained his time on the first half of the turns (braking, turn in, mid corner) Rubens was on the power earlier and most times even reached higher top ends because of that, but not enough to gain back what Mike had gained between braking and turn in.

I think he's slower than his teammate simply because he's 41 years old and his teammate is like half of that, I don't think it has anything to do with driving styles or talent.

Agreed. I remember reading that Rubens was better at corner exit because of a slower entry speed, it allowed him to get on the throttle quicker than Michael. Michael gained on entry and proportionally only lost out a tiny amount in exit (when it happened).

Once he gets the car how he wants it, there should be gains. Although I would expect Nico to gain as well.

#62 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 18:35

Schumacher talks about his new F1 Car

Edited by soca, 25 March 2010 - 18:35.

#63 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 19:36

Michael conceived that they had extracted (in his opinion) with Nico R. all what the car had. If I take his assertion as my baseline, and knowing he has finished second best in MGP team in Bahrain, then something is not adding up unless we conclude that has lost time to Nico on the track where it counted during quali, and one cannot helped but suspect it was in numerous turns, rather than somewhere on a straight. (Unless temp of his tire was shot in a wrong moment).

Edited by MiPe, 25 March 2010 - 19:37.

#64 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,802 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 20:22

I find it amusing that people use this video as a reference of his greatness. It is Schmi's best lap against a bad one from Herbert. Pick Schumi's worst and Herberts best and then suddenly everybody would wonder how come Herbert never had any success in spite of being better than Schumi. How you apply throttle is very much depending on how the braking went. Brake a split second to late and your telemetry will look like shit. Have a small lock up => same thing.

I find it hilarious too, I mean Schumacher never impressed at Silverstone, he was almost
always beaten there and we also know that Herbert was supported like Piquet Jr by Briatore.

#65 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,925 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 22:05

I find it hilarious too, I mean Schumacher never impressed at Silverstone, he was almost
always beaten there and we also know that Herbert was supported like Piquet Jr by Briatore.

Nice selective memory. :drunk: :up:

#66 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,937 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 23:33

I think if you look at Silverstone, Senna had a bad record there as well.

The thing about Silverstone, it normally always favorted the better car whoeveer was driving, although in some cases, Schumacher could of won, 1995, Hill took him out by attempting a overtake that never look liked happening, and in 1997 in the ferrari he had a dnf while doing a strong performance, 1998 won in the rain, rain is rain, but he won, he didn't have the stronger car and tyre either in that race.

2002 won and 2004 won in the best cars, but done so in style, 1995 strong performance before being taken out, yes he impressed, 1997 strong performance before dnf, 1999 broken leg, now 2000 was his bad silverstone-perhaps acceptable considering he thought he was going to die on tha track a year earlier on. 2001, the mclaren was just a stronger race car then qualifying, and in terms of the title and constructors, no need, ferrari settled for 2nd and 3rd.

So if you look at silverstone
1995 strong performances in not outright best car

2002 and 2004 won the race in best car like Hill, Mansell, Prost, Hakkinen, DC did in their mclarens and williams

But most of all, Silverstone isn't Spa or Suzuka, it doesn't have the same challenging corners, there's never really that much time to find, which probabley makes Schumacher's 2 stopper there in 2004 compared to other's 3 stoppers more interesting strategies of recent years at the track. There's hardly no breaking, all aero these days and basis stability of the car. I don't think anyone is destined to have a super record at silverstone. Senna, Kimi and Schuey can do well at Spa, because Spa is Spa.

Edited by SeanValen, 25 March 2010 - 23:41.

#67 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 00:36

I am uncertain why Silverstone was brought into this, but fact is, he didn't feel comfy with those grounds. Didn't he win only about twice there or so? Plenty DNFs. some P2s. That's not his circuit. Oz on the other hand - he holds I think lap record there which hasn't been beaten yet. Unfortunately I don't think he will beat it in his car this year either. :)

Edited by MiPe, 26 March 2010 - 00:37.

#68 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:08

Interesting and confusing FP1 session. I need to catch some eye shut down; FP3 will be more telling.

I am uncertain what was the issue with red flag, but Official F1 didn't mentioned anything about that issue; just Autosport was exploring what they identified as an infraction.

#69 Italiano Tifoso

Italiano Tifoso

• 1,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:38

This has already been briefly mentioned in another topic but more information has come to hand on it.

With the photos of Michael in the Ferrari hospitality area yesterday i was somewhat concerned that his pressence would not be doing Ferrari any favours and in particular i stated that it would not be good for Alonso who is trying to build a team around him. A team that needs to get past the legacy of Michael if it is going to move forwards.

Although many here stated that Michael hanging around the Ferrari area is not an issue for Alonso i thought otherwise. Some information from the paddock, televised on channel Ten has confimed that Alonso is indeed quite pissed off that Michael is hanging around Ferrari's digs. Apparently on two separate occassions, when Michael was in the Ferrari area Alonso was visibly upset about it and walked away. On a third occassion they were both standing next to each other getting a drink from the Ferrari hospitality area and neither spoke a word to one another.

The question is, do people think Michael just wants to be around Ferrari or is this him playing some mind games with Alonso?

Either way, if it is affecting Alonso, Domenicali has to grow a pair and kindly ask Michael to leave the Ferrari area. If he can't do it, i know of a bunch of a few million true Tifosi who would not blink twice in telling him.

Michael, with all due respect, there is no Ferrari supporter who does not love what you did for the team, but you have a new chapter in your life with Mercedes and so do Ferrari. Respect that and give Ferrari room to grow.

#70 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:40

Did you maybe stop and think that Schumacher still has friends in the Ferrari camp?

So how about this: Schumacher stays away from Ferrari on the condition that Ferrari stays away from everyone else.

Also, if Alonso is feeling incomfortable with Schumacher in the Ferrari pit, there's no way he'd be able to deal with the German on track. Given that Alonso out-classed Schumacher in Bahrain, I'd say it's not a problem.

And Ferrari is more built around Massa, considering that he's been there longer and LdM used his recovery from his injury as a rallying cry to build up from a bad 2009.

It's not always all about Alonso.

Edited by Captain Tightpants, 26 March 2010 - 03:42.

#71 coopz

coopz

• 131 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:42

I think you are giving that rumor too much credibility. I bet its just made up just for some good gossip.

#72 Italiano Tifoso

Italiano Tifoso

• 1,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:55

Did you maybe stop and think that Schumacher still has friends in the Ferrari camp?

So how about this: Schumacher stays away from Ferrari on the condition that Ferrari stays away from everyone else.

Also, if Alonso is feeling incomfortable with Schumacher in the Ferrari pit, there's no way he'd be able to deal with the German on track. Given that Alonso out-classed Schumacher in Bahrain, I'd say it's not a problem.

And Ferrari is more built around Massa, considering that he's been there longer and LdM used his recovery from his injury as a rallying cry to build up from a bad 2009.

It's not always all about Alonso.

Of course he still has friends there, that is not the point. He is a competitor now and should be treated as such. As for Ferrari not being all about Alonso, the simple test of this is to look at the salary difference between Massa and Alonso. That will tell you who the value more.

The effort financial and otherwise to get Alonso into the team in 2010 could all be shot to sh*t if Michaels presence in the Ferrari area starts to become a problem for Alonso.

#73 coopz

coopz

• 131 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:57

I highly doubt Alonso would be so upset at Michael hanging out at the Ferrari cafeteria. Its not like hes hanging out in the garage for crying out loud.

#74 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:00

:stoned:

#75 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:18

I highly doubt Alonso would be so upset at Michael hanging out at the Ferrari cafeteria. Its not like hes hanging out in the garage for crying out loud.

I agree - I reckon it's a story blown way out of proportion....and if in fact it is true, then Alonso needs to grow a pair and get over it.... and this coming from an Alonso (and Schumacher) fan.

#76 Italiano Tifoso

Italiano Tifoso

• 1,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:52

I agree - I reckon it's a story blown way out of proportion....and if in fact it is true, then Alonso needs to grow a pair and get over it.... and this coming from an Alonso (and Schumacher) fan.

F1 drivers are funny animals, it is up to the team boss in my opinion to make sure their environment is as positive as it can be. Agree that Alonso needs to get over it to some degree, but also think it is up to the team to make sure their drivers whom they pay a lot of money to and expect a lot from have the best possible working environment. It is no different to any company.

Whether it is blown out of proportion or not, it is clear that there is an issue, and the issue can be easily resolved by Stefano. "Michael you have to eat bratwurst sausages now, its the price you pay when driving for a German team." :wave:

More than welcome to share a plate of pasta alla olio after the race with us.

#77 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:59

Of course he still has friends there, that is not the point. He is a competitor now and should be treated as such. As for Ferrari not being all about Alonso, the simple test of this is to look at the salary difference between Massa and Alonso. That will tell you who the value more.

The effort financial and otherwise to get Alonso into the team in 2010 could all be shot to sh*t if Michaels presence in the Ferrari area starts to become a problem for Alonso.

Fernando Alonso is one of just two men to beat Michael Schumacher during the height of his powers. The other was Mika Hakkinen, who Schumacher has described as the only man he was ever intimidated by on the track. I'd say Alonso is probably second on that list. So I'm pretty sure that if you went to Melbourne, and you asked Schumacher to leave the Ferrari pit alone and you then told Alonso what had happened, I doubt Alonso would care much for your over-protective nature of him. He doesn't need to be molly-coddled, and if he does - or if Schumacher is getting to him - then he probably shouldn't be a racing driver to begin with.

Alonso does not a babe who needs to be wrapped in swaddling and I don't understand why you're jealously guarding him so. Especially since you're not doing it to Massa. It's not like there's a World Championship on the line here - there's still eighteen race left. We've got a long way to go, an if Alonso is feeling the pressure now, Ferrari never would have hired him.

#78 Italiano Tifoso

Italiano Tifoso

• 1,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:35

Fernando Alonso is one of just two men to beat Michael Schumacher during the height of his powers. The other was Mika Hakkinen, who Schumacher has described as the only man he was ever intimidated by on the track. I'd say Alonso is probably second on that list. So I'm pretty sure that if you went to Melbourne, and you asked Schumacher to leave the Ferrari pit alone and you then told Alonso what had happened, I doubt Alonso would care much for your over-protective nature of him. He doesn't need to be molly-coddled, and if he does - or if Schumacher is getting to him - then he probably shouldn't be a racing driver to begin with.

Alonso does not a babe who needs to be wrapped in swaddling and I don't understand why you're jealously guarding him so. Especially since you're not doing it to Massa. It's not like there's a World Championship on the line here - there's still eighteen race left. We've got a long way to go, an if Alonso is feeling the pressure now, Ferrari never would have hired him.

You miss the point entirely. There is a simple problem and a simple solution. What you perceive to be a minor issue, i perceive to be an issue that has no reason to exist at all as there is a simple solution.

I am not being protective over Alonso as a person, he is just another "cog" in the Ferrari machine that needs to be looked after. Albeit, a very important cog. Michael is an unnecessary distraction that can be and should be easily removed.

#79 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:25

I didn't know Stefano Domenicali posted here.

It was Schumacher,Ross Brawn and co. that won all those titles for Ferrari,and I'm sure Ferrari know exactly how to 'deal' with MS being there. As for this thread,I wish people that ought to belong to the Ferrari thread stayed put there-the irony is amusing.

Advertisement

#80 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:13

I didn't know Stefano Domenicali posted here.

It was Schumacher,Ross Brawn and co. that won all those titles for Ferrari,and I'm sure Ferrari know exactly how to 'deal' with MS being there. As for this thread,I wish people that ought to belong to the Ferrari thread stayed put there-the irony is amusing.

its like in honour of all his years of service they gave him the golden key to the cafateria, dont why people get so worked up over it.

schumacher can hardly move without some idiot trying to make a name for themselfs with a non story

#81 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:55

This has already been briefly mentioned in another topic but more information has come to hand on it.

With the photos of Michael in the Ferrari hospitality area yesterday i was somewhat concerned that his pressence would not be doing Ferrari any favours and in particular i stated that it would not be good for Alonso who is trying to build a team around him. A team that needs to get past the legacy of Michael if it is going to move forwards.

Although many here stated that Michael hanging around the Ferrari area is not an issue for Alonso i thought otherwise. Some information from the paddock, televised on channel Ten has confimed that Alonso is indeed quite pissed off that Michael is hanging around Ferrari's digs. Apparently on two separate occassions, when Michael was in the Ferrari area Alonso was visibly upset about it and walked away. On a third occassion they were both standing next to each other getting a drink from the Ferrari hospitality area and neither spoke a word to one another.

The question is, do people think Michael just wants to be around Ferrari or is this him playing some mind games with Alonso?

Either way, if it is affecting Alonso, Domenicali has to grow a pair and kindly ask Michael to leave the Ferrari area. If he can't do it, i know of a bunch of a few million true Tifosi who would not blink twice in telling him.

Michael, with all due respect, there is no Ferrari supporter who does not love what you did for the team, but you have a new chapter in your life with Mercedes and so do Ferrari. Respect that and give Ferrari room to grow.

Last time I checked MSC won 5 WDCs, 6WCCs and some 70 odd races for Ferrari. The same stats for ALO goes like 0/0/1.

I reckon MSC deserves all the free drinks in Ferrari hospitality... If Alonso can't handle this, bad luck.

#82 MinT

MinT

• 2,083 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:04

Going to be an interesting few races for him now.

If he cant beat Rosberg soonish then really - what is the point ??

#83 DaleCooper

DaleCooper

• 2,512 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:12

Are you for real? Get a life buddy! :rotfl:

Some fans need to put this sport into perspective and stop this childish hero worshipping.

I am sure that Alonso does not care at all, unless he is a child that is. The ONLY thing that matters is performance on the track, and ALL THE DRIVERS KNOW THIS! I know that fans are mostly clueless and like to argue about the colour of their favourite driver's peach fuzz, but this overprotective motherly smothering goes too far.

Cooper

#84 DaleCooper

DaleCooper

• 2,512 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:22

I'd also like to add that it is common for people in the paddock to not eat at their team's cafeteria. If Ferrari acknowledged that Schumacher was a distraction to Alonso, that would completely undermine Alonso, not strengthen him. Schumacher would know that he unsettles Alonso, and Alonso would look weaker/pathetic in his team's eyes.

Anyway, this is all a bit silly.

Cooper

#85 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:41

The thing about Silverstone, it normally always favorted the better car whoeveer was driving

If that was the case and it "favorted" the best car and "whoeveer" was driving it, why did schumacher only win there three times? He had the best cars far more often there.

But most of all, Silverstone isn't Spa or Suzuka, it doesn't have the same challenging corners,

yeah, no challenging corners at Silverstone at all :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by Cheap Wine Alesi, 26 March 2010 - 08:41.

#86 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:45

I never liked Alonso but can't imagine him as a mentally insecure personality who can be distracted by the sheer fact that his 41yr old predecessor is having an OJ and a pasta at his team's hospitality.

MSC might remind ALO that he was the former King of the Scuderia but in the same time ALO realises he is the _current_ top dog, he is on Ferrari's payroll now and not MSC - that alone should give enough (self)assurement (as if he needs any).
End of story. I actually think there never was a story until some idiot invented it.

#87 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:46

Last time I checked MSC won 5 WDCs, 6WCCs and some 70 odd races for Ferrari. The same stats for ALO goes like 0/0/1.

What does that matter? What matters is whether MS being there hurts the performance of the team in any way at present and if it does, he needs to be told to **** off, regardless of any previous history.
Schumacher is irrelevant to Ferrari now, Massa and Alonso matter.

#88 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:46

Come on corked wine. Stay out of this thread, we all know that you hate him

#89 Maldwyn

Maldwyn

• 1,486 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:48

I don't suppose Nico will be too bothered if Michael spends his spare time at Ferrari.

#90 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:49

Yeah, flushMaster.

#91 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:50

I am more interested of MGP team reactions about Michael eating in Ferrari? Because this is not good motivation for team staff that Michael doesn't share their food, or if he eat his special driver food, but to be there with them. Or the people who are responsible for the food in MGP seeing their star driver eating somewhere else? Ferrari have super cook? I am sure MGP can provide to Michael every food he wants. Now situation is like you eat your junk food, I am going to eat with Ferrari? Not motivating for the team. Why he don't have personal cook, to make pasta for him every time? I don't believe MGP is giving him sandwiches only, or wurst. He have special diet. Where Rozberg eat? Don't care what Alonso think.

#92 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:56

What does that matter? What matters is whether MS being there hurts the performance of the team in any way at present and if it does, he needs to be told to **** off, regardless of any previous history.
Schumacher is irrelevant to Ferrari now, Massa and Alonso matter.

Well IF the pure presence of MSC in their buffet hurts the performance of the current Ferrari driver line-up in any way, imagine what harm he can do to them on the race track... IF it's true, those drivers being hurt this way should quit their jobs along with whoever hired such *****.

I give said drivers a bit more respect though and don't think their such pussies as many try to paint'em here... :)

#93 FerrariStu

FerrariStu

• 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:57

I never liked Alonso but can't imagine him as a mentally insecure personality who can be distracted by the sheer fact that his 41yr old predecessor is having an OJ and a pasta at his team's hospitality.

MSC might remind ALO that he was the former King of the Scuderia but in the same time ALO realises he is the _current_ top dog, he is on Ferrari's payroll now and not MSC - that alone should give enough (self)assurement (as if he needs any).
End of story. I actually think there never was a story until some idiot invented it.

...you don't say :lol:

There's no story. MS just prefers eating pasta!

#94 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:06

Well IF the pure presence of MSC in their buffet hurts the performance of the current Ferrari driver line-up in any way, imagine what harm he can do to them on the race track... IF it's true, those drivers being hurt this way should quit their jobs along with whoever hired such *****.

I give said drivers a bit more respect though and don't think their such pussies as many try to paint'em here... :)

Well, Alonso has shown himself to be quite the emotional man and gotten angry over the smallest of things, so this wouldnt surprse me.

#95 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:13

I am more interested of MGP team reactions about Michael eating in Ferrari? Because this is not good motivation for team staff that Michael doesn't share their food, or if he eat his special driver food, but to be there with them. Or the people who are responsible for the food in MGP seeing their star driver eating somewhere else? Ferrari have super cook? I am sure MGP can provide to Michael every food he wants. Now situation is like you eat your junk food, I am going to eat with Ferrari? Not motivating for the team. Why he don't have personal cook, to make pasta for him every time? I don't believe MGP is giving him sandwiches only, or wurst. He have special diet. Where Rozberg eat? Don't care what Alonso think.

Let's not overreact it.

AFAIK it's pretty much common to every driver and team member to have friends at other teams and share a chat, a drink or meal with them sometimes - even at HOSTILE hospitalities, OMG...

MSC seeing guys at a team he worked for 10+ years, OMG, traitor.

Sometimes I'm missing the "Hungary 1998 revisited" or the "Who was better, Brawn or Schumacher" threads...

#96 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:15

Well, Alonso has shown himself to be quite the emotional man and gotten angry over the smallest of things, so this wouldnt surprse me.

He just got a Maserati as a gift from Ferrari, I reckon he can go along with MSC having a free pasta...

#97 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:38

lmao this thread is about what Schumi eats and where he eats. i watched both free FP today and it was great to see some "old Schumi" IMO, he was really pushing the car today and improving all the time and he was so close to the wall in turn 10 all the time while in Bahrain his driving was much more calm. And his fastest lap wasnt perfect also, he was just 0.1 down on Hamilton after second sector but went a little bit wide in turn 15 which i think cost him about 0.3.

FP report from Michael:
“As often on Fridays, the performance is difficult to judge as everybody seemed to be on different programmes. Having said that, I am quite happy with today’s sessions, even if we did not run too much overall. My first session was a bit handicapped by red flags, later we faced some rain in the second session. But all in all, we learned a lot and we could improve the set up of our car quite reasonably. In the end our times were competitive so I think we can look forward to the rest of the weekend.”

Edited by soca, 26 March 2010 - 09:42.

#98 ex Rhodie racer 2

ex Rhodie racer 2

• 1,140 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:59

I´m not expecting MS to set the world alight this weekend. He will need this race to work the remaining cobwebs out of his system. I will only start judging his performances in Catalunya, although I suspect the building blocks might fall into place a race or two earlier than that.

#99 Italiano Tifoso

Italiano Tifoso

• 1,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:59

Well for the record i don't hate him at all. No Ferrari fan can hate him in my opinion. So although people want to debate whether the issue is a media beat up or not, one thing is clear, his presence is not helping Massa or Alonso at all. So if it is not helping, even if there is the slightest risk that it could be affecting the Ferrari drivers then he should be asked very nicely to spend a lot less time around Ferrari.

Onto his performance today, i think there were clearly glimpses of the old Michael back in action, especially during the late running in FP2 when the track conditions were less than ideal, while other drivers starting losing laptime speed, Michael was going a fair bit quicker. Very impressive drive, measured aggression by him also. Found the limit without over stepping it too much.

I have a feeling Melbourne will see Michael really push Rosberg and he will be back on top within the team by Malaysia. In fact, if we get a typical Malaysian downpour for Rd 3, i would be putting some money on a Schumacher win.

Advertisement

#100 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,279 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:57

Domenicali has to grow a pair and kindly ask Michael to leave the Ferrari area.

I suspect that you'll be dissapointed to know that your suggested action isn't on top of their priorities :D

Ferrari.com wrote a couple months ago:

So Carmine and then Felice, the two Scuderia's track cooks, dedicated themselves to an old acquaintance: they know how to satisfy Schuey's palate and the guest was more than appreciative.

PS: Mmmm, pasta. Now I'm hungry :rotfl:

Edited by Ruf, 26 March 2010 - 10:58.