Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20771 replies to this topic

#10251 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:18

Bugger on the start. Need to see a different stratergy to have any chance now.

Advertisement

#10252 Ali_G

Ali_G

• 18,802 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 13:18

That Merc really does chew up it's tyres.

Some nice overtakes by MS into Lowes today.

#10253 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,734 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 13:20

This race probably made me more angry than any other race since his come back.

Now he has a bad start, now is Merc completely horrible on full fuel although they concentrated on race pace, now Rosberg decides not to move over, now the new airbox catches fire..Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

#10254 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 13:23

This race probably made me more angry than any other race since his come back.

Now he has a bad start, now is Merc completely horrible on full fuel although they concentrated on race pace, now Rosberg decides not to move over, now the new airbox catches fire..Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I share your pain buuuut....

One reason I've always loved Michael is because he has always, always entertained me.

And today he was damned entertaining :)

Good fun and definately still worth his place on the grid based on his last couple of race weekends. Not bad for someone double the age of the youngest kids in the sport. Not bad at all.

#10255 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,734 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 13:25

And today he was damned entertaining :)

Didn't you hear the morons on BBC? He has no race craft. And in the mean time Rosberg couldn't overtake anyone and half the grid was playing bumper cars.

#10256 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 13:40

at one point brundle said schumacher was well down in 20th place aswell ...

failed to notice schumacher was gaining at some 1-2 seconds a lap on rosberg who was stuck behind glock for almost an eternity

#10257 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:17

Bugger on the start. Need to see a different stratergy to have any chance now.

Somebody wrote in other place that a lot of Merc echanic wors in Michaels car before the start. Maybe he had a clutch problem.

#10258 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,504 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:21

Didn't you hear the morons on BBC? He has no race craft. And in the mean time Rosberg couldn't overtake anyone and half the grid was playing bumper cars.

All i have to say is if Schumacher done what Hamilton did today they would be calling for his head in a real way. Schumacher no race craft. Your having a laugh arent you BBC. He passed twice with no contact wonderfull moves.

#10259 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:21

I was expecting more from Mercedes, like Spain, Monaco is another MS zone where he gives it his all whatever the position, but he deserved a better race car today to do something, last year Mercedes had better race performance as par qualifying. Worrying team performance, they need immediate reaction.

Advertisement

#10260 JtP1

JtP1

• 753 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:24

Did anyone else reckon that Brundle might not get an interview with MSC during the grid walkabout?

#10261 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:25

Most disappointing race since his comeback together Suzuka/Montreal last year, as I felt there was a very good result possible today even with the ****ed up start/1. stint

Edited by Urawa, 29 May 2011 - 14:25.

#10262 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:26

Most disappointing race since his comeback together Suzuka/Montreal last year, as I felt there was a very good result possbile today even with the ****ed up start/1. stint

Exactly, he was pretty much just coming into rascasse when the safety car came out, he was in the optimal position to make a stop without losing anything and gain quite a few places on those in front!

#10263 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:28

Did anyone else reckon that Brundle might not get an interview with MSC during the grid walkabout?

I wonder why :p

I'm not slamming Hamilton here, a racer has to go for it at Monaco.

BUT if Michael had had Lewis' race here then MC, DC and especially Eddie Jordan would be all over his case saying he has no race craft and should retire or be fired because he can't drive. I'm not gonna be overly critical of Lewis, but Michael gets a far, far harder time for much less.

#10264 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:29

I wonder why :p

I'm not slamming Hamilton here, a racer has to go for it at Monaco.

BUT if Michael had had Lewis' race here then MC, DC and especially Eddie Jordan would be all over his case saying he has no race craft and should retire or be fired because he can't drive. I'm not gonna be overly critical of Lewis, but Michael gets a far, far harder time for much less.

Agreed 100%

#10265 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:30

Exactly, he was pretty much just coming into rascasse when the safety car came out, he was in the optimal position to make a stop without losing anything and gain quite a few places on those in front!

:up: He have chances to get in top10. His pace was good after first pit. Now he is back behind Koba in WDC. :rolleyes:

#10266 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:30

Agreed 100%

I love the BBC coverage and I'm sad to say I agree absofuckinglutely with the post above. :up:

#10267 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,504 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:32

Ok i hate Eddie Jordon.

#10268 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:36

Ok i hate Eddie Jordon.

Why? What did he say now?

Edited by merschu, 29 May 2011 - 14:36.

#10269 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:37

Some more inaccurate bullshit focussing on the wrong things...

#10270 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:38

Why do u guys even care what these stupid DC, MB & EJ say

#10271 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:45

1st ever complaint I've sent to the BBC... will see what, if any response I get !

Dear Sir,

I wish to complain about the ridiculous criticism directed towards Michael Schumacher at the end of the above mentioned Grand Prix by your selected pundit Eddie Jordan.

Over the past few races it has become apparent that Mr Jordan has lost his objectivity towards Schumacher and is incapable of providing a fair & balanced opinion towards the quality of his performances.

Mr Jordan is employed to provide knowledge, professionalism and a sound judgement and his recent comments have failed on all levels. He should be reminded that his responsibility is not to be controversial but accurate and had he not taken his pre-conceived ideas into the discussion he would have seen many other drivers more worthy of criticism, not least Lewis Hamilton.

On the flip side, talking about the positives in the race can be such hard work!!!!

Please direct Mr Jordan to expend less energy choosing a diabolical wardrobe and more on following the race accurately and providing viewers with a cultured & informed review when he is blessed with the airtime.

Regards

#10272 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 191 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:48

Nice complaint, I would've just wrote Eddie and his wig can go f-off lol

#10273 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:53

Nice complaint, I would've just wrote Eddie and his wig can go f-off lol

Ahem, I may have referred to Eddie in very unflattering (though totally accurate) terms on the BBC thread... my comment vanished. (Which is fair enough as it was very close to the bone - I may have compared EJ to female genitalia ;-)

#10274 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,734 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:53

MSC interview

Anti-stall kicked in at start. He said he did everything normal.
Lost downforce after wing damage in first stint.
Good pace after FW and tire change.
Had to make a move on Rosberg because of different strategy.
Airbox problem caused retirement.

#10275 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:54

And the loss of downforce due to the damaged wing also lead to an excessive tyre wear.

#10276 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:56

Pity. He had the speed after first stop and overtaking Rosberg who was holding him and was quite slower for some reason.

Edited by sharo, 29 May 2011 - 14:57.

#10277 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:57

Pity. He had the speed after first stop and overtaking Rosberg who was holding him and was quite slower for some reason.

He had the same pace as the front runners when he finally had clean air (on fresher tyres of course, but he could've ended up in the top 6 i think)

#10278 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:01

Did anyone notice how Schumacher put his foot on the brakes, when his car broke and when Alonso was just behind him and entered the pits? Alonso had to brake as well there for a moment! hmmmmm

Edited by Frans, 29 May 2011 - 15:03.

#10279 Spa One

Spa One

• 345 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:02

What did EJ say?

Advertisement

#10280 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:26

1st ever complaint I've sent to the BBC... will see what, if any response I get !

Dear Sir,

I wish to complain about the ridiculous criticism directed towards Michael Schumacher at the end of the above mentioned Grand Prix by your selected pundit Eddie Jordan.

Over the past few races it has become apparent that Mr Jordan has lost his objectivity towards Schumacher and is incapable of providing a fair & balanced opinion towards the quality of his performances.

Mr Jordan is employed to provide knowledge, professionalism and a sound judgement and his recent comments have failed on all levels. He should be reminded that his responsibility is not to be controversial but accurate and had he not taken his pre-conceived ideas into the discussion he would have seen many other drivers more worthy of criticism, not least Lewis Hamilton.

On the flip side, talking about the positives in the race can be such hard work!!!!

Please direct Mr Jordan to expend less energy choosing a diabolical wardrobe and more on following the race accurately and providing viewers with a cultured & informed review when he is blessed with the airtime.

Regards

Wow (factor). :up:

#10281 JtP1

JtP1

• 753 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:30

It's pretty laughable when the winner of 13 GP (DC) criticizes the winner of 7 Championships :D

DC must remember some of his career from the quote "I would have just turned in on him"

#10282 Mick34

Mick34

• 17 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:37

He had the same pace as the front runners when he finally had clean air (on fresher tyres of course, but he could've ended up in the top 6 i think)

Schumacher was actually on older tyres then the front runners, because he made an early stop. I saw Schumacher making an 1:19:8 just after he had passed Rosberg. At that time he was fourth fastest of the field and the front runners had already made their first pitstop.

#10283 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:38

What Michael show today make me optimistic, but car make me pessimistic. Such shame for his car problem.

#10284 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:48

Guys do you know what happened Michael's front wing ? Was it broken when battling with Hamilton ?

#10285 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:50

Guys do you know what happened Michael's front wing ? Was it broken when battling with Hamilton ?

Yes.

#10286 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:52

Yes.

thanks

#10287 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:57

It was good to see him overtaking both Hamilton and Nico at Monaco but it is pity he did not get what he deserved.

#10288 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 15:58

Poor start cost him dearly, but I thought his tussle with Lewis was fun to watch and fair. Just needs a better car and consistency at this point. Was probably cursing when Rubens passed him. He must have thought, "Anyone but him." ;)

#10289 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:05

He lost downforce due to damage.

#10290 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:14

Devastating DNF, he was on a different strategy to those around hm and would've made it work judging by his pace. (and by the way JB's race worked out) Very disappointed.

#10291 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:31

Guys I missed Schumi's interview because I was busy typing furiously away about what a knob Eddie Jordan is. Always a valuable way to spend my time.

Did he explain what happened at the start to cause him to bog down. Was it a Schumi error or a car problem?

#10292 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,734 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:42

Did he explain what happened at the start to cause him to bog down. Was it a Schumi error or a car problem?

He said he did everything normal, but anti-stall kicked in.

We'll probably know more in the next days.

#10293 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:45

He said he did everything normal, but anti-stall kicked in.

We'll probably know more in the next days.

Ah ok cheers!! Schumi is certainly not above errors, but the way the Mercs are at the moment some sort of reliability issue there seems very likely.

I don't think the team have got both cars through a weekend yet without something breaking.

#10294 weston

weston

• 375 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:52

Guys I missed Schumi's interview because I was busy typing furiously away about what a knob Eddie Jordan is. Always a valuable way to spend my time.

Yes. During the start sequence software switched to anti-stall mode and gear went to neutral.

#10295 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,504 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:54

Ah ok cheers!! Schumi is certainly not above errors, but the way the Mercs are at the moment some sort of reliability issue there seems very likely.

I don't think the team have got both cars through a weekend yet without something breaking.

I knew he was going to DNF here by the way his car was letting of a bit of smoke on the gird when Brundle was beside it talking.

#10296 dav115

dav115

• 722 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 17:00

Schumacher's start did look odd - he seemed initially to get away fine and then it wasn't like the car bogged down, it just went into anti-stall for no reason.That said I need to watch the onboard replay a few more times because it was hard to hear the engine sound with commentary over it.

#10297 Totza

Totza

• 453 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 17:03

Dear Sir,

Regards

I find this quite sad :| why does the opinion of 3 people really bother you? just turn it off after the race, since they usually talk nonsense but to complain about it lol you really believe they will listen to you?

#10298 dav115

dav115

• 722 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 17:08

I find this quite sad :| why does the opinion of 3 people really bother you? just turn it off after the race, since they usually talk nonsense but to complain about it lol you really believe they will listen to you?

Because he's paying their salaries via his license fee.

#10299 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 17:15

Interesting that you find it sad...... I watch a program with 3 people who are there to accurately inform me of events and give me an accurate interpretation of what went on during the race.

If they come on with a pre-conception about a driver then it taints what they're informing me. As for turning it off, what sort of plan is that? I watch the program every race and have done so for many years, I grew up with Murray & James. EJ is by far the most biased and inaccurate observer I've encountered, and it's not as if it's a one-off it's every single opportunity to stick the knife in.

If people tolerate rubbish presentation/reporting/coverage then you can never complain when you don't get what you want in the future.

Advertisement

#10300 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 17:18

Wasn't it some races ago, Eddie Jordan got asked a question about Schumacher criticizing from himself, perhaps someone else writ it and it worked.

MS was Martin's teamate, and Martin never went on to achieve anything big, it's kinda his regret, Johnny Herbert though is proper bitter when taking on MS's succcess at the same time there's hidden interest in the supreme brilliance he has shown in his career.
DC was Schumacher's rival and DC didn't go on to win big,
Eddie Jordan was initially the element that gave Schuey the chance to get into f1, but Schuey left the team to a better deal with Benetton, no doubt that early episode was a bittersweet moment, all three guys got into f1 but never had big time success quite like Michael, yet because they can commentate, it perhaps gives them the only arena left to pounce on Michael when needed be, in the media, and Michael was too busy working hard on success to be media PR guy sometimes.

Stirling Moss never won a title, he lived through a era of watching Michael win 7, seems a pattern of guys who didn't achieve big, have been MS's media crows.

Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill, both have raced with Michael. won and lost against him, talk quite respectly of him, even in his come back, so it really is the media with a select group that will field the fires, MS can only do talking on the track to quiet them when he can.

Edited by Buttoneer, 29 May 2011 - 23:49.
quoted post was deleted