Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#10301 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 3,082 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 20:34

LOL Schumacher parking the Mercedes at Rascasse in front of Alonso!!!

Wasn't that appropriate? :rotfl:

:lol: :lol:

Oh yeah.

Advertisement

#10302 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,135 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 20:35

1st ever complaint I've sent to the BBC... will see what, if any response I get !

Dear Sir,

I wish to complain -snip-

Please direct Mr Jordan to expend less energy choosing a diabolical wardrobe and more on following the race accurately and providing viewers with a cultured & informed review when he is blessed with the airtime.

:lol:

Note to Schumacher. and his supporters
'You meet the same people on the way down as you met on your way up. So, treat them well'

#10303 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 20:38

:lol:

Note to Schumacher. and his supporters
'You meet the same people on the way down as you met on your way up. So, treat them well'

While Michael's return isn't stellar for now i don't think he ended up in the gutter.

#10304 four1

four1

• 489 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 22:03

I was expecting more from Mercedes, like Spain, Monaco is another MS zone where he gives it his all whatever the position, but he deserved a better race car today to do something, last year Mercedes had better race performance as par qualifying. Worrying team performance, they need immediate reaction.

Agreed. They need to get rid of the over-hyped Brawn and replace him with Aldo Costa.

Edited by four1, 29 May 2011 - 22:06.

#10305 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 22:06

Agreed. They need to get rid of the over-hyped Brawn and replace him with Aldo Costa.

What makes you prefer Costa over Brawn?

#10306 four1

four1

• 489 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 22:18

What makes you prefer Costa over Brawn?

Not a question of preference. It's just that I am not one of these sheep who subscribe to the notion that Brawn is a guarantee to produce a winning team. There are hundreds of other team members involved in achieving championship victories. As it was at Ferrari.

#10307 black magic

black magic

• 3,962 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 23:40

he certainly moved off the line then it simply seemed to stop meaing the antistall got engaged presumably after the he got moving which is strange no?

I take back that i thought ms really looked passed it on friday struggling with the car and 1 lap pace. he looked fantastic in qualifying and even brundle gave him qudos for it. clean overtakes and headed further up the grid after the bad start - not bad for a guy nearly twice the age of many around him

#10308 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 23:42

If Michael is going to be told what fans are saying, then I wish to say that he has my support, regardless of results. I feel sorry that he has to endure such conditions rather than having good racing on hands, but, its not over yet. Viel Glück, Junge!

Edited by Sakae, 29 May 2011 - 23:43.

#10309 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,813 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 23:54

I take consolation in the fact he overtook both Nico and Lewis under racing conditions today. And at the Grand Hotel Hairpin. That was nice. Very nice.

Really a pity though as he could have had a 4th or 5th place today, I think (top 3 too far ahead).

#10310 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,981 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 00:01

Not a question of preference. It's just that I am not one of these sheep who subscribe to the notion that Brawn is a guarantee to produce a winning team. There are hundreds of other team members involved in achieving championship victories. As it was at Ferrari.

This.

I agree. Brawn is not like Newey the miracle man.

#10311 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:24

New information, according to Adam Cooper:

"Apparently Schumacher had some bits of Massa's broken wheel embedded in his front suspension. Lucky he stopped when he did."

http://twitter.com/#!/adamcooperf1/sta...957633127329793

So, that could have been a third Lewis Hamilton victim!!!

Edited by Birelman, 30 May 2011 - 07:26.

#10312 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:24

New information, according to Adam Cooper:

Apparently Schumacher had some bits of Massa's broken wheel embedded in his front suspension. Lucky he stopped when he did.

http://twitter.com/#!/adamcooperf1/sta...957633127329793

Edited by merschu, 30 May 2011 - 07:25.

#10313 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:41

Michael Schumacher's new plane. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Falcon 2000LX M-IKEL
http://www.flickr.co...757/5750584280/
http://www.flickr.co...esa/5742432173/

Edit: This was his old plane
Posted Image
Comlux Aviation Falcon 2000 EASy HB-JEG

Edited by merschu, 30 May 2011 - 10:56.

#10314 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:47

If Michael is going to be told what fans are saying, then I wish to say that he has my support, regardless of results. I feel sorry that he has to endure such conditions rather than having good racing on hands, but, its not over yet. Viel Glück, Junge!

:up:

#10315 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:48

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reminds me of that famous quote from "The Edge", with Hopkins/Baldwin:"Never feel sorry for a man who owns a plane."

#10316 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:49

it is awesome :cool:

#10317 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:52

Reminds me of that famous quote from "The Edge", with Hopkins/Baldwin:"Never feel sorry for a man who owns a plane."

it is not valid for Michael. He is not a man he is a machine :lol:

#10318 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:59

it is not valid for Michael. He is not a man he is a machine :lol:

He just plugs himself into the airplane. Amiright? :smoking:

#10319 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:45

Silver for Merc?

Advertisement

#10320 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:56

He just plugs himself into the airplane. Amiright? :smoking:

Yeah :rotfl:

#10321 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 13:05

It looks fast and no gills. Nice side pods and wings. Slick tyres. :clap:

#10322 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 13:22

Damn, I've been looking all over for the missing plane in my collection, so that's where it ended up.

I see what they've done with the M-IKEL registration there. :smoking:

#10323 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 16:54

It looks fast and no gills. Nice side pods and wings. Slick tyres. :clap:

And aerodynamically efficient too :)

#10324 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 16:58

costs about 1/3 the budget the merc team has to :rotfl:

#10325 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,043 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 18:30

Can someone clarify for me, what position was Michael before he stopped as he was ahead of Alonso or was he a lap behind?

#10326 weston

weston

• 375 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 18:32

Posted Image

Rosberg has always wanted a bigger and faster one. :lol:

#10327 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,475 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 18:42

Can someone clarify for me, what position was Michael before he stopped as he was ahead of Alonso or was he a lap behind?

He was way behind. Almost being lapped.

Edited by ali.unal, 30 May 2011 - 18:43.

#10328 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 18:42

P13ish i think and alonso was just about to give him a lap

#10329 BRG

BRG

• 12,661 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 19:39

Michael Schumacher's new plane.

More tasteful livery. Has he started to develop good taste at last? And when did he move to the Isle of Man (the aircraft is registered there)? perhaps he is following in Nigel Mansell's footsteps?

Edited by BRG, 30 May 2011 - 19:39.

#10330 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 22:16

More tasteful livery. Has he started to develop good taste at last? And when did he move to the Isle of Man (the aircraft is registered there)? perhaps he is following in Nigel Mansell's footsteps?

I very much doubt that. If there was a way to put a tight pair of jeans and a coyboy hat on that plane I'm sure Michael would  ;)

#10331 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 17,621 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 23:09

And when did he move to the Isle of Man (the aircraft is registered there)? perhaps he is following in Nigel Mansell's footsteps?

Dodgy tax wheeze. It's likely to be - ahem - 'chartered' when MS isn't using it. Or maybe that's just how it is if you want your name on your plane.

#10332 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:01

I very much doubt that. If there was a way to put a tight pair of jeans and a coyboy hat on that plane I'm sure Michael would ;)

We don't know how it looks from inside!  ;)

#10333 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:04

Darren Heath's new Blog on Schumi

Chasing dreams

31st May 2011

Arriving at the track he cuts a lonely figure these days, often unmolested by autograph-hungry fans, briefcase in hand, dark sunglasses permanently in place and cap pulled hard down. The seven-times world champion is not the draw he once was.

Michael Schumacher’s second F1 career is now one season and six races old. No pole positions, no podium places – it’s not how he imagined it, I’m sure.

When über-successful sportsmen retire for the first time, at the right time, fans and admirers alike are almost always united in their feelings of respect and praise for an icon who has faced the painful yet inevitable consequence of age and hung up their kit bag.

Schumacher’s 2006 exit was greeted in just such a fashion.

Fast forward to now and feelings are the polar opposite.

Watching Michael this season and last has been an education in the folly of sporting comebacks.

First of all there’s his demeanour in the paddock. Nearly always the last to arrive for photo calls (seemingly so as to enhance his superiority), he indulges in overly chummy back-slaps and high-fives with drivers half his age – most of whom no doubt see the 42-year old as akin to the oldest swinger in town. And then there’s his driving.

At the zenith of his career Schumacher in a Ferrari was an awesome sight to behold. Putting to the back of one’s mind the continuous allegations of not-quite-legal cars, one was often in awe of his ability to destroy with utter ruthlessness all others who dared to race.

Sheer brilliance is an apt description of a number of his victories, none more so than at the Hungaroring in 1998. To see him react to Ross Brawn’s tactical masterstroke by thrashing his Ferrari at qualifying pace for lap after lap will always be a grand prix I’ll remember as one of the most frightening demonstrations of a driver at the height of his powers.

It’s all so different now.

Looking for all the world like an over-driving has-been, he’s a little sad to behold. If there’s a car running wide, kicking up the dirt, taking to the escape road, or arriving in the pits by way of a pick-up truck, likelihood is it’ll be Mercedes #7.

Word has it that within Mercedes GP two rival factions have evolved: the German hierarchy, entrenched in their belief that Schumacher will deliver, and a (predominantly) English posse who see Nico Rosberg as the team’s main man.

Who knows? Maybe it’ll all come good some time soon for the man from Kerpen, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Like that of a gambler chasing a losing streak or a punch-drunk boxer who steadfastly refuses to quit, Schumacher’s every mid-grid start and lowly points-scoring finish inexorably erodes a legacy he worked so hard to create.

A seven-times world champion really should’ve known better.

Is this the reason why Schumi always have problems in his car?( Schumi till now has had three DRS problem and one KERS problem in Qualifying and one DNF due to airbox fire and anti stall happening when he was further up the grid and could have gained some positions in the start!) Because the German hierarchy is sitting in Germany & the English are running the team!

http://www.darrenhea.../chasing-dreams

Edited by merschu, 01 June 2011 - 12:05.

#10334 Owen

Owen

• 11,120 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:08

Falcon 2000LX M-IKEL

Is the M-IKEL bit the equivalent of a private reg? :D

#10335 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:12

Is this the reason why Schumi always have problems in his car?( Schumi till now has had three DRS problem and one KERS problem in Qualifying and one DNF due to airbox fire and anti stall happening when he was further up the grid and could have gained some positions in the start!) Because the German hierarchy is sitting in Germany & the English are running the team!

wonder what the merc board have to say about this, assuming the report is true

#10336 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 17,621 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:17

Yes. Jay Kay has G-JKAY on his helicopter and McLaren G-REYS on their Challenger 604.

#10337 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,656 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 15:20

Hope it's ok to post this -

It is after all MS related kinda well from the past and I think it's funny :lol:

#10338 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,705 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 16:16

I remember when Schumacher was going season after season without an engine failure but Barrichello had retirements, it was all down to MS's brilliance. "you make your own luck" was the standard reply, "MS's reliability is all down to his driving skill, anyone thinking Rubens is getting second hand treatment is a tinfoil hatter"

Now the shoe's on the other foot, is Ms's relibility still a function of his skill? hell no, now it's all a conspiracy by the team to hobble his car.......

#10339 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 16:47

has he said there is a conspiracy or smth?
has he ever complained about it?

Advertisement

#10340 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 17,621 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 16:53

Nope, that's a small 'editorial' by the poster. I can see how there might very well be a nationalistic split in the team over whether he's doing well enough to be replaced, but it's clear that the line also represents those who have most to gain from the positiving marketing of having Schumacher versus the liability* of his current driving standards. Mercedes must love having him there advertising their wares, while the team might be more willing to give another driver a chance.

*Important note, I'm using this word as a simple device to illustrate my point; I know he's actually made some great moves this year and had decent results (comparatively_. Also, speaking as someone older than the man himself, am very much supportive of his comeback, if a little disappointed.

#10341 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,705 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 16:59

Schumacher himself you mean? not to my knowledge but my comment wasn't about Schumacher's statements it was about the comment of the poster above and the fans in general.

#10342 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 17:20

well he had an outburst at the team during winter IIRC, but nothing like that

#10343 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 21:32

Tell that to Darren Heath. :rotfl: He is one sad man.
And this is just lie:
"Arriving at the track he cuts a lonely figure these days, often unmolested by autograph-hungry fans, briefcase in hand, dark sunglasses permanently in place and cap pulled hard down. The seven-times world champion is not the draw he once was."
I saw every GP Michael signing a lot of stuff. No fans, I suggest this crap writer to visit any GP. I was in Turkey and I saw many many MS fans wearing his t-shirts ,caps, else. What fans you can find in the Paddock? To molest them? Who to molest, I didn't see any other driver molested in the Paddock. Utter crap that Darren Heath. Lonely? He have his manager always with him. You can see other lonely, but Michael very rarely.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Poor him, not interest at all!!!!
Posted Image
Ooh, noo he is driving alone!!! Nobody is looking behind him. He is finished.

Edited by ivand911, 01 June 2011 - 21:56.

#10344 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:24

Tell that to Darren Heath. :rotfl: He is one sad man.
And this is just lie:
"Arriving at the track he cuts a lonely figure these days, often unmolested by autograph-hungry fans, briefcase in hand, dark sunglasses permanently in place and cap pulled hard down. The seven-times world champion is not the draw he once was."
I saw every GP Michael signing a lot of stuff. No fans, I suggest this crap writer to visit any GP. I was in Turkey and I saw many many MS fans wearing his t-shirts ,caps, else. What fans you can find in the Paddock? To molest them? Who to molest, I didn't see any other driver molested in the Paddock. Utter crap that Darren Heath. Lonely? He have his manager always with him. You can see other lonely, but Michael very rarely.
http://motorsport.ne...n-19may/124.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...n-19may/229.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...n-19may/234.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...n-19may/230.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...n-19may/251.jpg
Poor him, not interest at all!!!!
http://motorsport.ne...n-19may/287.jpg
Ooh, noo he is driving alone!!! Nobody is looking behind him. He is finished.

Indeed :up:

http://www.faz.net/a...n-30337806.html

17.17: The fans scream and chant his name: : „Michael! Michael!“ A bit of hysteria has broken out in the pit lane. Hundreds are gathered at the red gates, the security personal has trouble keeping them back. All that for an autograph with the big idol, for a picture and a bit of closeness. Schumacher smilies, only after fifteen minutes he disappears again. He leaves for the next meeting with the team.

Edited by Spa95, 02 June 2011 - 05:25.

#10345 black magic

black magic

• 3,962 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:32

there will be an element of truth to his comments in that no he is no longer the main man in f1

but I doubt any serious fan would ignore his presence and watching through the pool complex I doubt any other 40 yr old would be bringing that degree of committemnt to his sport.

guess he wasnt too old to still catch lewis by surprise and also controlled car whilst lewis took the racing line.

darren is clearly not a fan and so there is also a perverse pleasure in watching michael struggle. and yet in the last 10 races other than qualifying he ahs matched nico who is no slouch.we also remember his run in recently with michael. perhaps darren has confused the importance of his own role or figure in f1 history

no one thinks michael is as quick when at his peak - but is he doing a respectable job in the circumstances and with the machinary at his disposal - absolutely.

#10346 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:37

If thats the case, this team is in a big mess and needs reshuffling. I would also question MSC's safety and Nico's within the team.

Edited by differential, 02 June 2011 - 11:38.

#10347 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:50

there will be an element of truth to his comments in that no he is no longer the main man in f1

We know that Michael is not the main man in F1 now, speed-wise,success-wise. And this is because he drive MGP and not RBR or McL or Ferrari. We will never know how he would perform in such car. But, I think he would do much better with some predictable, easy to drive(because of the good design) and fast car. MGP car is not any of this. But, he is legend at 42 and all time success wise he is still the main man. And he still have the biggest fan base in the world from all F1 drivers.

Edited by ivand911, 02 June 2011 - 11:51.

#10348 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,141 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:55

Isn't/Wasn't Darren Heath a photographer in F1 for many years, I have a recollection he was the one who took the photo of the McLaren "trick" 2nd brake pedal in 1998 much to Ron Dennis' chagrin.

Regardless, his blog seems to be a bit like some of the posters on this thread - tailored to suit their own agenda and ignoring the facts which don't suit said agenda.

#10349 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:06

Isn't/Wasn't Darren Heath a photographer in F1 for many years, I have a recollection he was the one who took the photo of the McLaren "trick" 2nd brake pedal in 1998 much to Ron Dennis' chagrin.

Regardless, his blog seems to be a bit like some of the posters on this thread - tailored to suit their own agenda and ignoring the facts which don't suit said agenda.

yea and if you look back a small distance you will find a really hateful schumacher article from him hes obviously not a fan maybe because schumacher was camera friendly for him..

like the other well known f1 photo people hes a sef importaint arse hes probably really good friends with joe saward :rotfl: he likes to make his articles about him aswell and not the person they are actually talking about

#10350 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:42

Yea he is a photographer: I always see his images on james allens' blog.