Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#10401 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:31

I wish I could agree with your post Poep, I really do, but unfortunately I just can't. Schumi is still good, and he can do some stuff in ROC and karts but... thats not the same as F1 and I'm not sure the competitions are comparable for various reasons.

Concentrating on F1, and specifically Rosberg as he is the best barometer, yes Michael has had some problems that have made him look 'bad' in some races. He's been very unlucky in a few quali sessions with KERS and DRS issues.

But having watched all the quali and raced and most of the practise sessions since his comeback, Rosberg is almost always about 0.3-0.5s ahead of Schumi on raw single lap pace. Sometimes he's managed to be a bit better and pull something out of the bag, but almost always that gap has been there across almost all sessions. Its too consistent to just be a coincidence.

Schumi still looks like he can cut it in the races, and I don't think he's lost any of his desire to win. Given his age and time away from the sport I actually think its quite a remarkable achievement from him. To have lost something and still be 'good' shows just how good he was at his peak imo.

I agree with you. Heres the problem, As a outsider LH always looks faster on raw speed vs JB, never any question, SV always looks faster vs MW, never any question, FA always looks faster vs FM, never any question, actaully if I was a suporter of JB, MW or FM is someways it would be much easier, just accept it and enjoy the races watching your guy trying to win with a better strategy of take advantage of a little luck. With MS just when you are thinking about accpeting NR has it over him MS throws in a lap or a race which gives you quite strong hope.
So why can somedays MS really look like he can match NR or even have the edge?? My question is does MS struggle in setting his car up compared to NR and the rest of the field? It is something no one really questions because how can MS with his 7 world tiltes and his vast experience struggle in this department, it should be his advantage, the area where he can make up for his disadvantage, age, right?

Edited by SpeedyS, 04 June 2011 - 01:32.

Advertisement

#10402 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,124 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:56

Well from memory Barrichello was better at getting the perfect setup MS was far, far better at driving round a problem. It's also fact that MS used such a "front end" set up that when he left Benetton neither Berger or Alesi thought it was driveable that way.

It could be that todays cars & tyres just respond to the perfect setup much better and give that confidence inducing feel, if you miss it by a fraction, it's as good as a mile.

#10403 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:10

With MS just when you are thinking about accpeting NR has it over him MS throws in a lap or a race which gives you quite strong hope.
So why can somedays MS really look like he can match NR or even have the edge?? My question is does MS struggle in setting his car up compared to NR and the rest of the field? It is something no one really questions because how can MS with his 7 world tiltes and his vast experience struggle in this department, it should be his advantage, the area where he can make up for his disadvantage, age, right?

Two possibilities for this for me;

i) Schumi has lost some of his raw pace, but he still has enough class for it to shine through and we get a glimpse of the old magic

ii) Schumi has lost some of his raw pace but is still decent, and sometimes Rosberg has an off day or makes a mistake so Schumi can get ahead

#10404 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,194 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:37

I think the first one. Its unfair to say that only when Nico has a bad day Schumacher gets ahead. We could argue the opposite.

In the last 10 races, there has been very little between them since Suzuka barring a few anomilies.

AUS - NA
MAL - MS
CHN - ROS
TUR - ROS
SPN - MS
MON - NA (i think MS would have edged this personally)

He isnt dominated like people think. Qualifying counts for little if you cant capitalise on your position.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 04 June 2011 - 07:38.

#10405 learningtobelost

learningtobelost

• 686 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:17

He isnt dominated like people think. Qualifying counts for little if you cant capitalise on your position.

I agree completely with the notion that it's the races that count, unfortunately Nico has almost double the points Michael has. Last year, Nico scored... double the points of Michael. There's no doubt that he looks better this year, but the stats at the end of the season have to tally up or it all means nothing.

#10406 rommel

rommel

• 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:32

I think the first one. Its unfair to say that only when Nico has a bad day Schumacher gets ahead. We could argue the opposite.

In the last 10 races, there has been very little between them since Suzuka barring a few anomilies.

AUS - NA
MAL - MS
CHN - ROS
TUR - ROS
SPN - MS
MON - NA (i think MS would have edged this personally)

In AUS he was miles behind in qualifying, so it's not fair to call it NA. Rosberg was far superior. How many times has Michael beaten Nico fair and square ever, not including when Nico has problems?

#10407 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:40

Two possibilities for this for me;

i) Schumi has lost some of his raw pace, but he still has enough class for it to shine through and we get a glimpse of the old magic

ii) Schumi has lost some of his raw pace but is still decent, and sometimes Rosberg has an off day or makes a mistake so Schumi can get ahead

I would agree or like to think it is the 1st and it these glimpses which to be fair are increasing which keeps us all hoping. So is there a reason for these glimpses, I dont think it a ramdon event or even your 2nd option, NR making a mistake, NR has to be one of the most consistant drivers on the grid. I feel there are factors when he gets it together not "one last great punch moments" one of theses factors is getting a feel for the car in practice sessions, when he gets it he shows this glimpse but it seems to be a struggle to find this narrow set-up window.

Edited by SpeedyS, 04 June 2011 - 08:42.

#10408 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:45

With car so much unpredictable I think any comparison between drivers will lead to big errors in the judgement. It is useless. When is the car and when are the drivers?

#10409 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:46

In AUS he was miles behind in qualifying, so it's not fair to call it NA. Rosberg was far superior. How many times has Michael beaten Nico fair and square ever, not including when Nico has problems?

Funny you should ask that yet refer to an instance where MSC obviously had technical issues in qualifying. :)

#10410 rommel

rommel

• 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:49

With car so much unpredictable I think any comparison between drivers will lead to big errors in the judgement. It is useless. When is the car and when are the drivers?

both drivers drive the same car.

#10411 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:53

I beg to differ. That would explain why they usually only get one run each during Q3, but then it happens simultaniously, so it's pretty much impossible.

#10412 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:02

They are not. Look the area behind the helmet, it is different.
http://f1.f-e-n.net/...18182952011.jpg
Just simple example. Different preferences I think. From here we start with different setups, different settings. Two cars are never the same.

Edited by ivand911, 04 June 2011 - 09:04.

#10413 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:54

This, I think, is abuse of statistics. If it is true what you claim, than, analogically, Webber is over the hill and should retire immediately. Facts however are, that despite age differences, Webber is not too far off from Seb, and has his own battles with tires this year. Schumacher as well, I am convinced. I do not know where Michael stands in comparison to Sebastian, because we haven't seen him comfortable with his car yet. I am also not claiming that he would beat Rosberg, but Michael is not as bad as results suggests. I really like Sebastian, and I am his fan, but I do also realise that he was extremely fortunate until now with his tires; that is not true with rest of them. We can judge real Schumacher the day when he will have a very competitive car, and can fight on the track on equal basis. Thus far I am sceptical that this is a case.

#10414 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:55

Please, there's another tread for driver comparison, don't spoil this one.

Michael is OK. Maybe slower than anticipated the rust is coming off, he has not lost his abilities although the age inevitably plays a role. And I think his direct involvement is not as intensive as it was with Ferrari. If I am not mistaken, this was one of the reasons he chose to come back.

#10415 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,194 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:50

The end result matters. You don't get points for qualifying.

In the last 10 races, since Suzuka, they have been fairly well matched. That is the objective view of looking at things. On the other hand, you can take the Eddie Jordan stance and struggle to contain your bowels everytime it comes to Schumacher.

#10416 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:56

They are not. Look the area behind the helmet, it is different.
http://f1.f-e-n.net/...18182952011.jpg
Just simple example. Different preferences I think. From here we start with different setups, different settings. Two cars are never the same.

can u explain what? I hardly see any difference
ty Augurk

Edited by salamin, 04 June 2011 - 11:01.

#10417 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:00

can u explain what? I hardly see any difference

The headrest is different. Which is a small feat in itself but does indicate there are differences between the cars, probably also in areas invisible to us.

#10418 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 13:16

IMO, the fact that the cars looks alike does solely imply that bodywork come from the same mold.
We have no way to know the differences underneath unless told by the team(maybe...)
Even the chassis can be different without us knowing it...
If we could get MSC to have a flying lap on his car and then to use Nico's car for another flying lap and the same for Nico only then we would have the closest comparison between them! everything else is figment of one's imagination!

#10419 Poep

Poep

• 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 14:53

Yeah I've said most of this stuff before on the Schumi v Nico thread but I agree, Nicos race craft is the one area he needs to work on - I felt this was fairly glaring in China, for istance. I think he's gonna be one of those guys like Hakkinen who really takes off after he gets that first win though.

Back to Schumi... I've kinda been toying with a theory... in his early years of GP racing Schumi was very adaptable, he went from the Jordan to the Benneton to the Ferrari and was able to instantly wring more pace out of any of them than his teams mates could. Clearly this was not the case at Mercedes. Perhaps with age he has just lost a little bit of ability.

But... but... but... for years Schumi had Ferrari building a car to suit his style. I'm not saying he was only fast because he had a car to suit his style, but maybe so many years of driving basically an evolution of the same car trained him to only drive in a very certain way and now he can't get out of that 'habit', where as he used to be more adaptable?

Its not quite a fully formed theory, and quite possibly BS. Er, anyone else see what I'm getting at here?

This is for me the most probable explenation for Schumi's set up issues.
Remember he drove with Ferrari for 10 years!!! Do you guys know how much 10 years is.....? Just imagine doing something for 10 years and then think about it wheter it is natural or it can be changed that simple....

Whether schumi 2010 is still the best or not, you guys cannot say he isn't better than Button or Webber......come on guys.....what's next, Massa or Petrov are better than MS....?

Advertisement

#10420 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:20

I believe there is a huge difference with then and now :
Then the pilot was the key input to the team, to validate proper setup, to give tires behavior, to request aerodynamic changes depending on weather, track conditions, fuel consumption, etc, etc. that is why guy like Senna, Prost, Schumi or Gilles Villeneuve had invaluable return to the team or tires representatives.
Now its all in the hand of ten to twenty engineers with their PC that defines all car's parameters, the pilot being just a wee bit more than a robot, turning knobs on those frigging steering clog.
And in that game Schumacher, with 20 odd years experience, is not the most advantaged.

Edited by jjpm, 05 June 2011 - 01:26.

#10421 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,273 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:43

Let's also remember that the Brawn engineers had to obtain a technical development from Super Aguri of all teams that made their cars so superior that set-up was irrelevant. I'm not sure they have any idea what they're doing and I'm not convinced they ever did.

#10422 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,194 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:15

Let's also remember that the Brawn engineers had to obtain a technical development from Super Aguri of all teams that made their cars so superior that set-up was irrelevant. I'm not sure they have any idea what they're doing and I'm not convinced they ever did.

Indeed. IIRC the double decker diffuser concept only came about when a former Super Aguri team member suggested the idea......

Someone correct me on this...

#10423 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:26

Yeah I've said most of this stuff before on the Schumi v Nico thread but I agree, Nicos race craft is the one area he needs to work on - I felt this was fairly glaring in China, for istance. I think he's gonna be one of those guys like Hakkinen who really takes off after he gets that first win though.

Back to Schumi... I've kinda been toying with a theory... in his early years of GP racing Schumi was very adaptable, he went from the Jordan to the Benneton to the Ferrari and was able to instantly wring more pace out of any of them than his teams mates could. Clearly this was not the case at Mercedes. Perhaps with age he has just lost a little bit of ability.

But... but... but... for years Schumi had Ferrari building a car to suit his style. I'm not saying he was only fast because he had a car to suit his style, but maybe so many years of driving basically an evolution of the same car trained him to only drive in a very certain way and now he can't get out of that 'habit', where as he used to be more adaptable?

Its not quite a fully formed theory, and quite possibly BS. Er, anyone else see what I'm getting at here?

I think there might be some truth in this and it explains at least some of the trouble he had last year. Learning something new isn't that hard. Unlearing something old is.

#10424 rommel

rommel

• 294 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:35

Under that logic he should have strugged when he joined Ferrari after driving Benettons that were made to suit his style for 5 years, but he didn't he flew right away. His problem is that has lost ability and feel for the car on the limit which is why he over drives. When you watch him onboard it is not a driver not pushing, he is driving it like a go kart, but that is not the fastest way. Massa also drives like that and is slow.

#10425 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:46

Are you suggesting that Schumacher forgot how to drive an F1 car and applying to MGP creation some junior techniques from go-karts?

#10426 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 13:14

What a waste of time! He should of never left Ferrari and the same with Brawn, Todt n co., and continued to win or come close to winning titles, and that's about it.

Eh and Luca D is an idiot it seems lol it was his call that Kimi come in ya?

Edited by Henrytheeigth, 05 June 2011 - 13:33.

#10427 Starish

Starish

• 986 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 13:37

What a waste of time! He should of never left Ferrari and the same with Brawn, Todt n co., and continued to win or come close to winning titles, and that's about it.

Eh and Luca D is an idiot it seems lol it was his call that Kimi come in ya?

Id they didn't hire Kimi he would probably have won in 2007 and 2008 with Macca anyways, what I want to know is why they hired Massa, knowing they wanted Kimi and Msc didn't want to leave. Ferrari always seems to have three drivers.

#10428 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 14:22

what I want to know is why they hired Massa

Coz he used to deliver pizzas to em at Interlagos. Seriously aint Todt son Felipes Manager? Aint that why? Was he his manager in 2006 though?

#10429 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,194 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 16:14

Id they didn't hire Kimi he would probably have won in 2007 and 2008 with Macca anyways, what I want to know is why they hired Massa, knowing they wanted Kimi and Msc didn't want to leave. Ferrari always seems to have three drivers.

They hired and retained Massa because he was fast and he ran Schumacher close. He also beat Kimi TWICE and nearly became WDC in 2008.

You aren't sh*t if you can do that. He's no Ricardo Rosset.

#10430 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 17:02

just checked these amazing stats: 7 wins for MS at Gilles Villeneuve Circuit. 7!!!!

just looking at that figure dazzles me.

just saw as well that he won France 8!!!! times

#10431 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 17:30

just checked these amazing stats: 7 wins for MS at Gilles Villeneuve Circuit. 7!!!!

sometimes i get stuck on Schumacher's records as well. For me the season 2002 is the top, where he managed to finish on podium the entire season :eek:

#10432 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,124 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 17:43

sometimes i get stuck on Schumacher's records as well. For me the season 2002 is the top, where he managed to finish on podium the entire season :eek:

Do you think he was more dominant in 2002 or 2004 then?

I know he gained 1 win in 2002 & arguably gifted 3 to RB in 2002, but as far as I recall didn't he win 12 out of the first 13 races in 04.... the only one he didn't was in Monaco where he got caught out being a silly sod in the tunnel under the safety car.

#10433 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,925 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 17:43

Out of the top teams the Mercedes drivers have been the closest so I think that speaks well for both drivers compared to other driver partnerships.

#10434 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 17:57

Do you think he was more dominant in 2002 or 2004 then?

I know he gained 1 win in 2002 & arguably gifted 3 to RB in 2002, but as far as I recall didn't he win 12 out of the first 13 races in 04.... the only one he didn't was in Monaco where he got caught out being a silly sod in the tunnel under the safety car.

yeah 2004 was crazy as well, points and %win wise it was even a better season

another crazy record: 22 wins on different tracks :drunk:
more here

#10435 Starish

Starish

• 986 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:14

They hired and retained Massa because he was fast and he ran Schumacher close. He also beat Kimi TWICE and nearly became WDC in 2008.

You aren't sh*t if you can do that. He's no Ricardo Rosset.

So are you saying they accepted Massa as being faster than Michael? and Twice? are you counting 2006 when he was in the 21? If so Kimi beat Massa 'FIVE' Times -.-.

I still Believe Raikkonen was less favored at Ferrari in 2008 and Massa is just getting the boomerang of bad luck back now it started at the last race in 2008.

BTT

#10436 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:37

I know what you mean. In 2004 he was more dominant, but 2002 felt more special. Possibly because of equalling Fangio's record. I still remember where I was the exact moment he climbed the podium as a 5 times world champion. Inside his old F2001.

Also remember where I was when he took his first Ferrari championship in Japan 2000, though a lot less glorious memory: on the sofa with a sleepy head, crawled under a blanket drinking tea to stay awake during the night race :lol:

#10437 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,523 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:53

Never going to forget how the trophy for that eighth win at France was shaped like an "8"--and the two other trophies were both shaped like zeroes. :rotfl:

Don't forget this one, too: he also has more feature-race wins at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (5) than any other driver to have ever raced there--including the Indycar guys! :lol:

#10438 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,500 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:58

This, I think, is abuse of statistics. If it is true what you claim, than, analogically, Webber is over the hill and should retire immediately. Facts however are, that despite age differences, Webber is not too far off from Seb, and has his own battles with tires this year. Schumacher as well, I am convinced. I do not know where Michael stands in comparison to Sebastian, because we haven't seen him comfortable with his car yet. I am also not claiming that he would beat Rosberg, but Michael is not as bad as results suggests. I really like Sebastian, and I am his fan, but I do also realise that he was extremely fortunate until now with his tires; that is not true with rest of them. We can judge real Schumacher the day when he will have a very competitive car, and can fight on the track on equal basis. Thus far I am sceptical that this is a case.

What do you mean by "fortunate" with tires. I think Seb just manages them better than Webber, while still being able to extract just that bit of speed in qualifying.

#10439 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:02

Also remember where I was when he took his first Ferrari championship in Japan 2000, though a lot less glorious memory: on the sofa with a sleepy head, crawled under a blanket drinking tea to stay awake during the night race :lol:

well it was worth it in the end :up:

Advertisement

#10440 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:33

I know what you mean. In 2004 he was more dominant, but 2002 felt more special. Possibly because of equalling Fangio's record. I still remember where I was the exact moment he climbed the podium as a 5 times world champion. Inside his old F2001.

I remember punching the sofa when he won the race I was so mad lol, I kept hoping his car would blow up LOL, but in 2006 I got my laugh though :D

#10441 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,194 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 20:09

I remember punching the sofa when he won the race I was so mad lol, I kept hoping his car would blow up LOL, but in 2006 I got my laugh though :D

You got your laugh maybe a few times.

He got his laugh 91 times on the top step of the podium and everytime he looked at his bank account

"wow, ANOTHER million?"

#10442 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,194 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 20:14

So are you saying they accepted Massa as being faster than Michael?

Schumacher was decling, Massa had his career in front of him. Schumacher finished in front of Massa than vice versa. How could Massa be accepted as the faster of the two?

and Twice? are you counting 2006 when he was in the 21? If so Kimi beat Massa 'FIVE' Times -.-.

Massa and Kimi were team mates for 3 season. In 2008 and 2009, Massa was ahead of Kimi and had more pointed.

A direct comparison only counts when two drivers are in the same team on more or less equal terms.

I still Believe Raikkonen was less favored at Ferrari in 2008 and Massa is just getting the boomerang of bad luck back now it started at the last race in 2008.

Kimi Raikonnen earned £70,000 PER DAY at Ferrari and had a very lax approach to his driving. He earned as much as Schumacher but perhaps put in 1/3rd of the effort. Massa was more integrated and got the assistance required.

BTT

#10443 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,937 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 23:26

Magny Courts at France was a track with a specific fast corner that MS and Kimi by far showed their Spa fast corner talent at work, they made sure Rubens and Massa never came close there.

Also remember even the races MS didn't win, he did well at Canada in 2005 and France 2003- on a weekend where michelin tyres shod cars of Williams, Mclaren and Renault were competiive, MS set the car up the way he normally did and maximised his strong areas of the track and went on for a podium, a crucial weekend for his final points tally that year, ferrari suffered in the tyre war against williams and mclaren on certain tracks in 2003 and france was one of them. 2003 France qualifying also showed a bigger then larger gap when MS qualified in the wet against Rubens, showing his true srenght on that track.

I also believe that if Magney Cours and Imola were on the calender now, that hands down, Rosberg would have a tough time getting MS there. Remember in 2010, Brawn commented MS was fast in fast corners, but losing time in the slower ones, and in 2010, he was fast at turkey/spa/suzuka, the tracks with fast stuff along with Spain, and Monaco always competitive.

The thing with Canada, Michael never realised what he why he was so strong there, he admitted so, but in the end it came down to his breaking, it's a breaking track, and we know from his pitstop slow downs, he is very precise finding limits. Last year's Canada for MS was terrible, whatever issues he had last season definately came out on that track as well, hopefully it'll be a better show for him, but I hope the DRS works well, because we have 2 DRS zones, and it could work very well for Mercedes, but tyres and how they react, in the dark on that one again.

Edited by SeanValen, 07 June 2011 - 23:29.

#10444 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:37

The thing with Canada, Michael never realised what he why he was so strong there, he admitted so, but in the end it came down to his breaking, it's a breaking track, and we know from his pitstop slow downs, he is very precise finding limits. Last year's Canada for MS was terrible, whatever issues he had last season definately came out on that track as well, hopefully it'll be a better show for him, but I hope the DRS works well, because we have 2 DRS zones, and it could work very well for Mercedes, but tyres and how they react, in the dark on that one again.

It was terrible after he crash with Kubica, not before that. Great start as usual. He was 6th I think when he crash, second lap after his first pitstop. After that team did so many stupid things,like 36 laps on soft tyres? Which was suppose to last only 10 laps? Some strange pitstops? He didn't have tyres in the end. Even GP2 car could overtake him there.

Edited by ivand911, 08 June 2011 - 07:40.

#10445 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:48

I loved the first part of Canada last year, until that Kubica incident - I think Schumacher had his best position of the season before the pit-stop. After that, it was a disaster with silly strategy.

#10446 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,279 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:02

I was right in front of the podium ;)

#10447 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:27

I loved the first part of Canada last year, until that Kubica incident - I think Schumacher had his best position of the season before the pit-stop. After that, it was a disaster with silly strategy.

wouldnt that have been AUS before jenson or whoever it was caused an accident at was it the first few corners?

#10448 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:05

I hope Schumacher does well here in Montreal. :cool:
The circuit sure has been good to him in past, alto that's no garanty.
I gues it's all down to the car and if they are able to make the tires work.

#10449 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:30

Give him his old Ferrari back, and then we can see what chronological age did to him in real terms.

#10450 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:33

I was right in front of the podium ;)

I thought me being in the F2001 in which he took his previous championship, holding the same steering wheel, at the moment he took his fifth was pretty awesome, but that takes the cake :up:

Edited by Augurk, 08 June 2011 - 16:34.