Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#10601 zeph

zeph

• 767 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:06

Congrats to the Schu fans!

Back in the day I used to hate him for destroying F1, but I respected his decision to come back as he had little to gain and everything to lose.

Nobody can deny that was some superb driving he did yesterday.

Advertisement

#10602 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:12

Everyone makes mistake- Schumacher in Turkey? Hamilton has been driving at a very high level for years without making many mistakes- especially considering that he is one of the most aggressive drivers.

Yeah aggressive? Basically he expects the other guy to back off.. since he thinks he can charge through. His driving is appalling and hes being exposed to what he really is. I used to be a fan but his driving on track and expressing his feelings after are rather OTT i.e calling other drivers stupid etc.... don't see why he comes out and says hes sorry, he doesnt really mean it at all as shown by his ontrack antics. personally I hope that keeps happening, he'll never learn his lesson.

#10603 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:37

http://motorsport.ne...da-race/010.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/104.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/106.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/122.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/190.jpg
Posted Image
Bye,bye Hammi. :p Go, sample the grass.
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/193.jpg
Posted Image
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/361.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/463.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...da-race/470.jpg

Edited by ivand911, 13 June 2011 - 10:37.

#10604 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 322 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:57

I've only ever come on here to laugh at/poke fun at Mr Schu but...

....I've got to say well done on yesterdays drive, good effort

......about time though (sorry couldn't resist)

#10605 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:03

Any post race interview of Schumi to be found on You tube?
A Link would highly apreciated... :)

#10606 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 14:17

Old MS has apparently had 2 good races. That's compared to his performances since he his return to F1. His greatest fans are starting to believe that he's turned the corner and a win could be on the horizon.

I think it should be pointed out that the last 2 races have been run at a significantly slower speed than the rest of the season and when racing returns to dry high speed tracks, like Monza, we can expect poor old MS to return to his bumbling around in mid field.

:rotfl:

<runs away>

#10607 biala

biala

• 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 14:27

I think it should be pointed out that the last 2 races have been run at a significantly slower speed than the rest of the season and when racing returns to dry high speed tracks, like Monza, we can expect poor old MS to return to his bumbling around in mid field.

<runs away>

What will you be expecting from Button , Alonso or poor Hamilton in a Mercedes car :) They are all just the lucky dudes.
Shumacher, Vettel, Kobayashi, Rosberg and Kubica (when he was driving) are the best drivers out there.

#10608 weston

weston

• 371 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:08

"I think it should be pointed out that the last 2 races have been run at a significantly slower speed than the rest of the season and when racing returns to dry high speed tracks, like Monza, we can expect poor old MS to return to his bumbling around in mid field."

What will you be expecting from Button , Alonso or poor Hamilton in a Mercedes car :) They are all just the lucky dudes.
Shumacher, Vettel, Kobayashi, Rosberg and Kubica (when he was driving) are the best drivers out there.

Don't attack him. He is almost as good as he could be:
- He considers both Monaco and Montreal slow tracks. His failure rate is only 50%.
- He thinks of Schumacher who is struggling on fast tracks with fast corners. It's only a 100% failure. (Schumacher loses time to Rosberg at slow corners).

Mercedes has a slow car and a slow season start though.

Edited by weston, 13 June 2011 - 15:32.

#10609 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:10

Well he shouldnt put himself in the same sentence. Schumacher is an all time great and Lewis............isn't.

Lewis is trying too hard to be the next Senna. He shold concentrate on beating Button first.

:up:

#10610 inca_roads

inca_roads

• 1,447 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:17

I enjoyed watching Schumacher yesterday. Was really hoping he would get a podium, but still, a great effort.

#10611 nateshan

nateshan

• 132 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:18

Stefano Domenicali:
"But we have to see that Red Bull has built an outstanding car; so good that in a victory the car is usually listed first as the winner before the driver. When we dominated, it was always Michael Schumacher first and then Ferrari. Now it's Red Bull and then Sebastian Vettel."

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/51564.html

#10612 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:24

Stefano Domenicali:
"But we have to see that Red Bull has built an outstanding car; so good that in a victory the car is usually listed first as the winner before the driver. When we dominated, it was always Michael Schumacher first and then Ferrari. Now it's Red Bull and then Sebastian Vettel."

He think that MS was more important than the car for the wins. When now RBR car is more important than Vettel. :up:

#10613 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:41

He think that MS was more important than the car for the wins. When now RBR car is more important than Vettel. :up:

personally i dont rate vettel but mainly because to me webber has never been anything special.
i class webber as a good driver but hes nothing special its hard for me to gauge vettel as beeing one of the best when webber has often challenged him although this season its not really been the case, i'd love for button to move to RBR or hamilton.

i bet ferrari are wishing they didnt force schumacher out for kimi though he obviously wasnt the type of driver ferrari like

#10614 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:44

Depressingly unsurprised by the negativity surrounding this result.

Great driving from Michael in difficult conditions. Whatever of his skills he has lost over a single lap or whatever his struggles on dry tyres with these cars, that was some mighty nice driving. He simply couldn't have been better in the second part of that race, really good stuff loved it :up:

#10615 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 18:11

Wonder how montezemolo felt as he saw MSC overtake Massa lol.

#10616 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 18:37

Any post race interview of Schumi to be found on You tube?
A Link would highly apreciated... :)

Here's the video of Schumi's small post race interview with BBC. :)

#10617 Edrees

Edrees

• 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 20:02

Posted Image

weber use the DRS :rolleyes:

#10618 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 20:05

Posted Image

That's... odd.

#10619 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 20:07

Yes , they all can use it on the main straight(start-finish), after they use it on the big straight. Detection point was only one, after that you can use DRS on both straights, this is the moment Webber pass MS and he can still open his DRS on following main straight. They all use it on both straights.

Edited by ivand911, 13 June 2011 - 20:08.

Advertisement

#10620 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 20:09

Yes , they all can use it on the main straight(start-finish), after they use it on the big straight. Detection point was only one, after that you can use DRS on both straights, this is the moment Webber pass MS and he can still open his DRS on following main straight. They all use it on both straights.

Ah I see, I thought they had two detection points.

#10621 Skanka

Skanka

• 95 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 20:15

A superb drive from Schumacher, finally! Yay! :up:

Since Japan 2010 he's been roughly on par with Rosberg but now that was a great performance, reminiscent of the driver he was before retiring in 2006. Hopefully he will be able to build on this good performance to some more nice results, if only Mercedes can finally fix this crap of a car they currently have.

#10622 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 2,524 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 20:29

I have to admit I didn't really keep an eye out for Michael during most of the race, so I don't know exactly how and why he got up into 2nd, but it was good fun to see him so high up the running order. Bit of a shame for him to miss out on the podium, would have been nice for him and the team. :)

#10623 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 20:37

Stefano Domenicali:

I find management philosophy expresed in this interview with Domenicalli rather puzzling. Is he saying that while working for Ferrari you are not allowed to fail because there will be price to pay? If so, then that's the probably fastest way how to kill the innovation, because no one will stick his neck out and have his head cut off.

Edited by Sakae, 13 June 2011 - 20:37.

#10624 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 21:25

I find management philosophy expresed in this interview with Domenicalli rather puzzling. Is he saying that while working for Ferrari you are not allowed to fail because there will be price to pay? If so, then that's the probably fastest way how to kill the innovation, because no one will stick his neck out and have his head cut off.

:up:

Nah let him carry on so Merc can steal them ;).

Edited by differential, 13 June 2011 - 21:25.

#10625 valachus

valachus

• 1,074 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 22:41

"the removal of technical director Aldo Costa was required to display the penalty if the team didn't deliver results. "There was no other solution," he said. "It was a necessary step to re-motivate the team and show them that there are no excuses, only consequences."

^^^ sounds like someone who's got his management diploma at the Joseph Stalin School of Labor Camp Administration. :lol:

#10626 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,500 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 23:24

LOL Stefano. He's just trying to get to Vettel's head, saying that the difference between Vettel and Schumi is:

When Schumi was winning, it was his amazing performances that brought them in. When Vettel is winning, it is his amazing car that is allowing him to win. He's treating true F1 fans like fools, when he knows damn well how much the car matters.

#10627 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 00:56

And where is the axe on sd's neck?

Schumacher drove excellent. Delivered the best finish of merc this season.

#10628 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:16

And where is the axe on sd's neck?

Schumacher drove excellent. Delivered the best finish of merc this season.

Indeed, If he can qualify that close to Rosberg and then outrace him like Canada then the calls to give it away get muted. Good drive Michael.

#10629 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:45

LOL Stefano. He's just trying to get to Vettel's head, saying that the difference between Vettel and Schumi is:

When Schumi was winning, it was his amazing performances that brought them in. When Vettel is winning, it is his amazing car that is allowing him to win. He's treating true F1 fans like fools, when he knows damn well how much the car matters.

the difference is in the ferrari days you could visbily see the cars were on the edge properly pushing, these days everything always looks so controlled like the cars are driving themselfs so its hard not to think that for some people

#10630 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:45

Here's the video of Schumi's small post race interview with BBC. :)

TY, I hoped that the full interview was available, strange that they cut it of halfway... :well:

#10631 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:19

TY, I hoped that the full interview was available, strange that they cut it of halfway... :well:

The interview was short anyway you didnt miss much at the end IIRC.

#10632 KiloWatt

KiloWatt

• 1,218 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:06

Watching the race, I think it's fair to say that MS deserved a podium - even a win - but that the W02 didn't....

#10633 karlth

karlth

• 16,258 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:08

Even I was cheering the old warrior during the second part of the race. Great gutsy driving and he almost caught Webber again on the last lap.

#10634 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:25

Whole world is breathing easier today, seeing that Michael is back. No more pretending where the car is.

#10635 peroa

peroa

• 8,985 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:31

Even I was cheering the old warrior during the second part of the race. Great gutsy driving and he almost caught Webber again on the last lap.

I was too but the DRS destroyed a great drive from grandpa.
Sad, really.

#10636 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:33

Simply the best, simply Schumi...

#10637 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,560 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 15:01

Norbert Haug is pleased with Schumacher's efforts in Canada.

Michael Schumacher has proven beyond all doubt that he is still capable of delivering when Mercedes GP is able to give him the machinery, following his strong showing in the Canadian Grand Prix.

That is the view of Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug, who believes that Schumacher's fiery drive in Montreal - where he just missed out on a podium after running as high as second at one point – was the return of the seven-time champion to his best.

#10638 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 15:21

The problem is team can't provide him with winning car. They just can't build such.

#10639 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,580 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 15:38

He was fantastic this weekend. I really enjoyed it.

interviewed by DC before the race

Advertisement

#10640 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 15:48

Little OT, but both, Michael and Seb have soft thing for that girl. If she is friendly, and not confrontational with every question like some others are, why not then? Good for her! (Lee McKenzie - Seb took her for a spin on the track in Infiniti).

Edited by Sakae, 14 June 2011 - 17:36.

#10641 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 15:57

I have to admit I didn't really keep an eye out for Michael during most of the race, so I don't know exactly how and why he got up into 2nd, but it was good fun to see him so high up the running order. Bit of a shame for him to miss out on the podium, would have been nice for him and the team. :)

He was easily the fastest on inters on a drying track and was going around people with no problem. When he was in fourth position behind Massa and Koyabashi he got them both at the same time as they tangled with each other.

Don't forget he went around Slamilton early on which could have been the impetus for the red mist rising again.

#10642 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 15:57

He was easily the fastest on inters on a drying track and was going around people with no problem. When he was in fourth position behind Massa and Koyabashi he got them both at the same time as they tangled with each other.

Don't forget he went around Slamilton early on which could have been the impetus for the red mist rising again.

#10643 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 16:00

Good one. :rotfl:

#10644 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 16:49

Lol! New ones every day. Slamilton, Ramilton, Bambamilton. What's next? :lol:

OT: Won't forget sundays drive in a hurry! Hope MGP can keep on consistently giving him a proper racing car and he might excite us even more in races to come. :smoking:

#10645 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 17:26

I love Michael Schumacher.That drive was well worth effin up the last exam of my bachelors.We want more.

#10646 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 19:39

Just look at Corinna Schumacher's reaction when Button overtakes Schumi! Although I knew it was going to happen I was also going like oh no no no no...! :|

Edited by merschu, 14 June 2011 - 19:41.

#10647 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 322 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 20:00

The problem is team can't provide him with winning car. They just can't build such.

Problem is he rarely beats his team mate.

#10648 weston

weston

• 371 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 20:07

Problem is he rarely beats his team mate.

Really? In the races? For example in the past 10-12 races? How are they dead even in points after 7 races in 2011?
You are not really good at math.

Edited by weston, 14 June 2011 - 20:18.

#10649 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,500 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 20:43

the difference is in the ferrari days you could visbily see the cars were on the edge properly pushing, these days everything always looks so controlled like the cars are driving themselfs so its hard not to think that for some people

What. Have you seen how much oversteer there has been coming off of corner exit this year? The car's are really on edge. Was taking away traction control and abs for nothing then? I don't understand.

#10650 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 21:02

What. Have you seen how much oversteer there has been coming off of corner exit this year? The car's are really on edge. Was taking away traction control and abs for nothing then? I don't understand.

go find the "schumacher pushing hard hungary 1998" video and you will see what a car on the edge used to look like back then they looked so alive