So? Michael needed one pit stop only , he could stop 6-7 laps before the end of the race, he was on hard tyres. Like Koba did, and he was behind Michael 4th. Koba finish 7th in the end. Michael with his faster car could easily finish 4th-6th , where difference was only 5 seconds. You remember Koba with new tyres overtaking Alonso and Buemi? So, Michael in every case could finish ahead of 7th place? When they could restart the race Michael would have free air behind Lewis. Where my estimate for 5-7th is wrong? But, team decided to pit him late and with wrong timing when he didn't needed to. And he saw how all cars pass him in the pit under red signal. So, he was third for more than 1 lap, and he could easily stay there if he wanted. Yeah, we miss again great race. Again Sauber show superior strategy thinking.
More that slightly misleading.
He was third for one lap when everyone ahead had pitted and he had not. He was running in P10 prior to that.
Race results - 2010 European Formula 1 Grand Prix
Pos. Driver Team Time
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:40:29.571
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren +5.042
3. Jenson Button McLaren +12.658
4. Rubens Barrichello Williams +25.627
5. Robert Kubica Renault +27.122
6. Adrian Sutil Force India F1 +30.168
7. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber +30.965
8. Fernando Alonso Ferrari +32.809
9. Sebastien Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso +36.299
10. Nico Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix +44.382
If Michael can achieve another good result in Valencia, he even have chance for 7th in WDC. Difference is 5 points. I hope so.
Edited by ivand911, 18 June 2011 - 07:06.