Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#11151 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:44

Im not really bothered about the points since this car isn't fighting at the front. But Im very happy to see the pace from Schumi, and also happy to see an improvement on the rears.

Advertisement

#11152 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Im not really bothered about the points since this car isn't fighting at the front. But Im very happy to see the pace from Schumi, and also happy to see an improvement on the rears.

#11153 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

And, again, Shumi runs into someone ripping off his front wing.

#11154 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Good drive by Schumi and a much pleasing 2 finger salute to the stewards.

#11155 JensonWDC

JensonWDC

• 450 posts

Seriously, he has to stop wrecking his wings, this happens far to often.
If he does, the chance that he´ll end up in front of Rosberg at the end of the year are pretty high IMHO

#11156 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,754 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:45

Michael once again flubbed another race by making another mistake running into the racecar in front of him soooo early into the race.

Maybe he can still drive the car as fast but his ontrack judgement skills seemed to have slowed where he can't process everything around him by a millisecond. Shame really as he has done it a few times since his return and ended up costing himself solid results.

you completely miss how many overtakes he made this race.
yes he made one mistake, but that's just racing

#11157 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:46

Where did you disappear off to. Btw Schumi at 42 still kicks ass, how does that feel?

#11158 JensonWDC

JensonWDC

• 450 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:46

And again Ham plays destruction derby with Massa.
I´m very interested if we see a penalty here :rotfl:

Edited by JensonWDC, 10 July 2011 - 13:47.

#11159 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:47

Remind me to make a "predict the penalty for MSC" poll before Silverstone next year.

Advertisement

#11160 Sof1

Sof1

• 596 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:48

He's clearly better than Rosberg this year - it's a shame the points don't show it.

It will show towards the end of the season.

#11161 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:48

He's clearly better than Rosberg this year - it's a shame the points don't show it.

On Sunday.. but not on Saturday hence why his points aren't showing... Then again.. you need to figure out Saturday to make Sunday count.

#11162 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:49

Michael once again flubbed another race by making another mistake running into the racecar in front of him soooo early into the race.

Maybe he can still drive the car as fast but his ontrack judgement skills seemed to have slowed where he can't process everything around him by a millisecond. Shame really as he has done it a few times since his return and ended up costing himself solid results.

what are you blubbering about? do you realise how many cars he over took and retook again after pitstops ? they never show his overtakes unless theres contact so everyone gets a bad impression.

What does the stop and go have to do with anything? His final part of the race was so much slower than it could have been, in my eyes he clearly could have finished in 8th had he used that last set of softs.

it has to do with losing a full pitstop in time without changing tyres , losing places to everyone else behind you.

with yet another stop at the end what do you think would have happened? aleast 5 other drivers would need to be retaken one of them probably beeing mr "barrichello lets make it difficult for me teammate who thrashed me for the majority of my career schumacher"

#11163 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:49

you completely miss how many overtakes he made this race.
yes he made one mistake, but that's just racing

This he made 1 mistake against his other many overtakes. Why don't people take that into account?

Simple because they want to ignore the hard cold facts.

#11164 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:52

Big deal that he made a lot of passes at the back... he still used bad judgement when it matters and cost him and the team valuable points and positions. Passing backmarkers hardly means a thing. It's passing the faster people ahead of you that matters!

Seriously people.. get your head out of arse and see what is really going on.

I want MS to get good results, but I'm not naive enough to not see what happened to today..

Edited by Paco, 10 July 2011 - 13:53.

#11165 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:55

Big deal that he made a lot of passes at the back... he still used bad judgement when it matter and cost him and the team valuable points and positions. Passing backmarkers hardly means a thing. c

I want MS to get good results, but I'm not naive enough to not see what happened to today..

I don't remember him passing HRT and co because he came out infront of them. So are williams/renault/force india back markers now? hmm

#11166 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:55

Big deal that he made a lot of passes at the back... he still used bad judgement when it matters and cost him and the team valuable points and positions. Passing backmarkers hardly means a thing. It's passing the faster people ahead of you that matters!

It was the same corner Hamilton flew off track plenty times this race, also where he bumped into Massa in the final lap. MSC didn't make bad judgement, he wasn't doing a do or die move. Watch the friggin replay mate, his back slid away, he didn't have his car under control at that point. It was a mistake, definitely. But it wasn't bad judgement other than braking a bit too late, as Lewis did countless times, Vettel did once, etc.

You should do what you ask of others, and go to other drivers' threads complaining they should retire.

#11167 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:56

Ugh. Another race, another bad call by the stewards.

A bad call on the stewards would be Alonso's penalty in Malaysia, something that Shumi did numerous times after the fact. He was due this penalty.

If he were Hamilton, Button or anyone else, he'd wouldn't have been penalised.

If he was Lewis, he would've got three six-race bans on the trot.

#11168 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:57

I don't think he was trying to pass, he lost the rear, corrected his mistake and slid into Koba. That's why it was a very harsh penalty as it wasn't like he just stuck it down the inside and hoped for the best.
He pace was fairly good which is the main thing.

#11169 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,245 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:57

5th was on the cards today.

#11170 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:58

Except that Hamilton and Di Resta for an identical incident in the same race was not penalised.

Stupid penalty.

Michael said he wasn't trying to overtake. Too fast with the DRS, braked too late, front locked = Boom.

He said he had the pace for 4-5th.

Edited by Diablobb81, 10 July 2011 - 14:00.

#11171 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 13:59

It's really not at all Rosberg's fault that Schumacher had contact with another car. The penalty was a direct consequence from that. It's lame for people to bash Rosberg when Schumacher has ruined his race all by himself.

#11172 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

jesus christ - a drive through would have been harsh, a stop and go is ridiculous.

OK, his error under difficult conditions, but stop/go seems too much to me.

All the penalties today was stop-and-go simply because the nature of the pit entry and exit would mean a drive-through would not be penalising enough.

#11173 differential

differential

• 454 posts

A bad call on the stewards would be Alonso's penalty in Malaysia, something that Shumi did numerous times after the fact. He was due this penalty.

Lol, what world do you live in?

#11174 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:00

Except that Hamilton and Di Resta for an identical incident in the same race was not penalised.

Stupid penalty.

Really. When did Lewis crash into Di Resta, ruining his own front wing? I missed that.

#11175 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

I don't think he should have gotten penalized but he was out of control in the corner and didn't make it stick.. plain and simple and it ruined his chances for a really good showing. Pushing his way through after that yeah.. he had nothing to lose so really ... big deal.

#11176 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

It's really not at all Rosberg's fault that Schumacher had contact with another car. The penalty was a direct consequence from that. It's lame for people to bash Rosberg when Schumacher has ruined his race all by himself.

erm noone is suggesting it is they are suggesting rosberg should have had a much much better race seeing people keep claiming "hes thrashing schumacher at every race"

Edited by arknor, 10 July 2011 - 14:01.

#11177 differential

differential

• 454 posts

What bull shit are you chatting? hahah
:drunk:

who here wrote that?

Edited by differential, 10 July 2011 - 14:01.

#11178 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:01

Ok lets analyse some of what you wrote. Nico did a better job than Michael in qualifying yesterday and finished behind a Force India, a Williams and a Sauber. Michael had 3 phases of the race, at the start when he made up places, after his new nose he made up places, and after the penalty he made up places. He had great race pace in all 3 stages and overtook Force Indias, Williams's and Saubers. Faster cars on Saturday. Not backmakers.

He made one mistake going into a corner in tricky conditions. Massa and Lewis also made mistakes at similar times. It wasn't a rash overtake, its unfortuate he collected Kobayashi. It happens.

He ended up 17 seconds behind Nico, who had clear air, while having to race and overtake people. He must have lost 15 seconds losing the nose, and another 20-25 for the penalty and was still only 17 seconds behind.

9th isn't a great result, but I'm not the one whos being naive.

#11179 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:01

Who is bashing Rosberg for anything else than his lack of pace and horrible start today? Rosberg was driving as a grey mouse, couldn't show anything. Kudo's for him that he didn't get into trouble. There. I praised him. Happy?

We are praising Schumacher's pace and compare him to Rosberg. But we're not blaming Rosberg by any means for Schumacher's result are we?

Advertisement

#11180 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:05

Really. When did Lewis crash into Di Resta, ruining his own front wing? I missed that.

So was it too hard to understand from my post that neither Lewis nor Di Resta got penalties for identical separate incidents?

Edited by Diablobb81, 10 July 2011 - 14:06.

#11181 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:06

The repeat-incidents don't bode well for the way Schumi is frowned upon these days, but unlike the collisions with Petrov, this is something I wouldn't criticize too harshly.

Of course, as many people have said here and amongst the reporters, the stop/go was clearly inappropriate and there was no consistency in how incidents were treated today - not to mention throughout the year.

All in all, this was a good race pace-wise, but things still simply aren't coming together.

#11182 JensonWDC

JensonWDC

• 450 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:07

Don´t play the "I didn´t understand" card here. You know what he meant.

#11183 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:08

Retarded, as usual, ZERO consistency.

I agree. Shumi should have been penalised in Turkey and Valencia too.

#11184 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:09

Don´t play the "I didn´t understand" card here. You know what he meant.

Actually, I don't.

#11185 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:10

I think it's bad sportsmanship to focus on saying how bad Rosberg is when he is in fact doing a better job than Schumacher.

#11186 JensonWDC

JensonWDC

• 450 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:11

Actually, I don't.

If so, you haven´t watched the race properly

#11187 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:11

Actually, I don't.

You never do. So that's expected.

#11188 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:12

I think it's bad sportsmanship to focus on saying how bad Rosberg is when he is in fact doing a better job than Schumacher.

k lets wait until the FIA release the laptimes and ill highlight the fastest laps of both drivers so you can see how good a job rosberg did

#11189 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:12

MS is starting to remind me a bit of some JV seasons where he was slowed on Saturday but faster on Sunday but ended up always looking bad cause he was continually trying to fight the 15-25 second deficient caused by bad Saturdays.

At the end of the day, the only way for MS to start pulling off some good performance is to get up to speed and qualifying in the top 6-8.. otherwise he'll continue to not maximize the cars potential and expose himself to "forcing" himself into situations that are not ideal.

#11190 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:13

It appears that Rosberg finished about 17 seconds in front of Schumacher.

#11191 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:13

No one is saying Nico is bad. He is very good. He finished 6th and didn't really do much wrong, although he wasn't great at the start and in the wet/dry conditions.

What people are saying is that despite a stupid penalty and being dropped down into the pack, Schumi still had better pace. Which is good to see for his fans.

#11192 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:14

k lets wait until the FIA release the laptimes and ill highlight the fastest laps of both drivers so you can see how good a job rosberg did

That means nothing. Rosberg could have been executing "course and race management". No need to excessively push if there isn't a better result in the cards. Plus, you need to interpret those results if you were running in clean air, stage of the race and fuel and age of tires. :rotfl:

#11193 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:14

Let me guess : Michael will be the only one penalised for a racing incident.

Lewis was given the same penalty in Monaco for less than that, unless of course rubbering up a sidepod is now deemed a 'racing incident'.

#11194 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:15

Rosberg did do a good job! He finished 6th.

Michael being faster on race pace means he also did a good job :)

#11195 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:15

It appears that Rosberg finished about 17 seconds in front of Schumacher.

Good for him for getting the points (no sarcasm).

But Michael had to cruise with no wing and do a stop and go. You do the math.

Lewis was given the same penalty in Monaco for less than that, unless of course rubbering up a sidepod is now deemed a 'racing incident'.

Lewis tried an overtake which never would have worked, Michael simply outbraked himself in intermediate conditions.

Edited by Diablobb81, 10 July 2011 - 14:17.

#11196 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:17

+1 :up:

#11197 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:19

Schumi voted 3rd best driver of the day on the BBC :up:

#11198 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:24

What a race that was, crazy ups and downs. Superb recovery drive by Michael to finish in the points after that pathetic penalty, he was awesome throughout, without doubt one of the drivers of the race! :up:

PS: PLEASE ignore that notorious troll that gets ridiculed time and again on these forums and keeps coming back for more.

#11199 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:25

What a race that was, crazy ups and downs. Superb recovery drive by Michael to finish in the points after that pathetic penalty, he was awesome throughout, without doubt one of the drivers of the race! :up:

PS: PLEASE ignore that notorious troll that gets ridiculed time and again on these forums and keeps coming back for more.

Yep!

Which one?

Advertisement

#11200 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:25

what are you blubbering about? do you realise how many cars he over took and retook again after pitstops ? they never show his overtakes unless theres contact so everyone gets a bad impression.

That's the nature of backmarkers though, isn't it.