Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20771 replies to this topic

#11301 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,734 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 20:21

Lewis wasnt trying to overtake, and yes making a mistake and running off the circuit is the same as trying to pass someone and spinning him off :rolleyes:

Michael wasn't trying to overtake.

Advertisement

#11302 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 20:24

Lewis wasnt trying to overtake, and yes making a mistake and running off the circuit is the same as trying to pass someone and spinning him off :rolleyes:

Too many mistakes

Trying to pass and spinning him off sounds just like Hamilton did to Webber in Canada? He was exceptionally lucky to avoid a penalty for that because that move was never on, and even when Webber gave him room, Hamilton hit the kerb and understeered into him.

It was a mistake from MS, but the overall penalty didn't match up with many others throughout the season is the point I think some are trying to make.

#11303 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:16

The problem is MS is doing this quite often, lets not forget he ran into the back of Lewis at Monaco damaging his rear diffuser, no one asked for him to be penalised then, he also ran Lewis off the track in Canada changing his line under braking for the hairpin which you're not supposed to do, he defended the inside of the corner, Lewis went to the outside so MS then turned left

you can take whatever line you want aslong as you arent weaving

#11304 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:21

Trying to pass and spinning him off sounds just like Hamilton did to Webber in Canada? He was exceptionally lucky to avoid a penalty for that because that move was never on, and even when Webber gave him room, Hamilton hit the kerb and understeered into him.

It was a mistake from MS, but the overall penalty didn't match up with many others throughout the season is the point I think some are trying to make.

Lewis would have got a penalty if he hadn't have retired he was under investigation

you can take whatever line you want aslong as you arent weaving

You're not supposed to change your line in the braking zone and you're not allowed to crowd a driver off the track

#11305 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:27

Lewis would have got a penalty if he hadn't have retired he was under investigation

You're not supposed to change your line in the braking zone and you're not allowed to crowd a driver off the track

good job he didnt then

#11306 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:46

I thought he was only under investigation for parking his car in a dangerous spot (thereby bringing out the safety car and helping his teammate) **** I KNOW he didn't do that, but that's what the FIA investigated as far as I know. If he was under investigation but avoided the penalty because he retired..... what's to stop someone punting off their rival like that and then retiring? Webber was disadvantaged as much, if not more than Kobayashi, Hamilton was down a couple of places, but certainly not screwed over by having to pit or anything like that.

If he did dodge a penalty then I can't be the only one thinking it's another issue of consistency and a lack of it this season in terms of penalties. (Most of them are bullshit of course, but if you penalise 1, you should penalise all).

#11307 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:11

I thought he was only under investigation for parking his car in a dangerous spot (thereby bringing out the safety car and helping his teammate) **** I KNOW he didn't do that, but that's what the FIA investigated as far as I know. If he was under investigation but avoided the penalty because he retired..... what's to stop someone punting off their rival like that and then retiring? Webber was disadvantaged as much, if not more than Kobayashi, Hamilton was down a couple of places, but certainly not screwed over by having to pit or anything like that.

If he did dodge a penalty then I can't be the only one thinking it's another issue of consistency and a lack of it this season in terms of penalties. (Most of them are bullshit of course, but if you penalise 1, you should penalise all).

I need to watch the race again i was under the impression he was under investigation for the collision with Webber and when he retired the investigation, bit far fetched in this instance to think Lewis would deliberately take out Webber then retire on purpose so he couldnt be penalised

#11308 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:14

I need to watch the race again i was under the impression he was under investigation for the collision with Webber and when he retired the investigation, bit far fetched in this instance to think Lewis would deliberately take out Webber then retire on purpose so he couldnt be penalised

No, no, no. Sorry another misunderstanding! There's no way LH retired to avoid a possible penalty, that would be a trick even MS hasn't considered yet! I thought he never even got investigated for the move on Webber (I believe the situations before & after Canada show he ought to have, if only in the name of consistency) but I know he did have SOME investigation into him. JB got done for speeding behind the safety car for sure.

#11309 jrobson

jrobson

• 62 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 20:54

If you take 77.9 seconds, minus 12 seconds lost on the road after the nose, minus 5.5 seconds to put a new nose, minus about 25 seconds for the penalty then 35.4 seconds behind Alonso is not bad at all, considering being stuck behind Heidfeld as well... Next race looks damp as well :) I think if he can get qualifying sorted we'll start to see possibilities of podiums emerge...

Edited by jrobson, 16 July 2011 - 20:59.

#11310 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:39

If you take 77.9 seconds, minus 12 seconds lost on the road after the nose, minus 5.5 seconds to put a new nose, minus about 25 seconds for the penalty then 35.4 seconds behind Alonso is not bad at all, considering being stuck behind Heidfeld as well... Next race looks damp as well :) I think if he can get qualifying sorted we'll start to see possibilities of podiums emerge...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Classic! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#11311 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:15

No, it is more to keep the nose on the car.  ;) Qualy is not such big problem. He usually resolve Qualy problems in the first lap.

#11312 as65p

as65p

• 18,449 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:20

The problem is, he never get's it all together at once, there is always some kind of mess-up involved. He's looking for that elusive weekend when he get's his qualifying right, does his custom demon start, has the speed and doesn't touch anyone. Hasn't happened yet.

#11313 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:11

I'll never forget this start of Schumacher, Suzuka 1998

Epic

#11314 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,033 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:33

Epic

Thank you!

I forgot what an epic drive Michael made from last on the grid.......if only the car hadn't stalled. He was on another planet that day.

Maybe as good as Donnington 93 plus in the dry.

#11315 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:35

Epic

He gave the sport some of the best entertainment in the most difficult times of his career, Suzuka 98+Spa , just pure drama, his quest and determination to win the title that year, even when things seemed unlikely, he still went on to drive like a demon, and that is the venom you see in Suzuka 1998, alot of drivers have gotten frustrated or anger with complaining about other drivers/on radio/, but he actually made it look like he was channeling his anger into lap time speed, after all that work, then tire punture, just pure drama, pure atmosphere, those do or die drives despite the end result is what alot of people asmired him for, and we saw it again this year at Canada 2011-hunting down webber towards the end.

The way Michael drove Monaco 2006-the race reminded me of Suzuka 2008, same persistence and attack from the back of the grid, or in Monaco's case, the pitlane.

http://www.skysports...7044622,00.html

The German legend, who last won at Nurburgring in the 2006 European Grand Prix, is also looking forward to competing on a track where one of the corners, Turn 8 and 9, is named after him.

He added: "It will be the first time that I race through the corner which is named after me, and obviously I would like to believe that this is not only making me proud, but also even faster."

Who would of thought he would return to race at home and go past the corners named after him. Cool. :smoking: Gotta know your a living legend when you see that.

Edited by SeanValen, 17 July 2011 - 13:37.

#11316 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:46

He gave the sport some of the best entertainment in the most difficult times of his career, Suzuka 98+Spa , just pure drama, his quest and determination to win the title that year, even when things seemed unlikely, he still went on to drive like a demon, and that is the venom you see in Suzuka 1998, alot of drivers have gotten frustrated or anger with complaining about other drivers/on radio/, but he actually made it look like he was channeling his anger into lap time speed, after all that work, then tire punture, just pure drama, pure atmosphere, those do or die drives despite the end result is what alot of people asmired him for, and we saw it again this year at Canada 2011-hunting down webber towards the end.

The way Michael drove Monaco 2006-the race reminded me of Suzuka 2008, same persistence and attack from the back of the grid, or in Monaco's case, the pitlane.

http://www.skysports...7044622,00.html

Who would of thought he would return to race at home and go past the corners named after him. Cool. :smoking: Gotta know your a living legend when you see that.

Completely agree :up:
i get very sad remembering Suzuka 1998 :( Pure drama... it would have been fantastic if he had won that years WDC

#11317 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:46

No, no, no. Sorry another misunderstanding! There's no way LH retired to avoid a possible penalty, that would be a trick even MS hasn't considered yet! I thought he never even got investigated for the move on Webber (I believe the situations before & after Canada show he ought to have, if only in the name of consistency) but I know he did have SOME investigation into him. JB got done for speeding behind the safety car for sure.

Well in Lewis's case he's a marked man now, i dare say he would have been penalised if it was him that spun Alonso off and not Jenson, with the stewarding as it is now you're not really going to get away with taking opponents out, a more sinister scenario would be a teammate taking an opponent out for you

#11318 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 14:21

Watching the Suzuka race. Nice first few laps!

Interesting that Eddie Jordan informed his drivers to let Schumacher through because he was in the title fight. Damon obviously did not agree... But yeah interesting.

#11319 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,805 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 14:32

I just rewatched the British GP for the first time (after being there at the circuit missing the commentary) and Michael was strong but yet again his incompetence and/or idiocy in traffic ruined another race.

Advertisement

#11320 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 14:36

Interesting that Eddie Jordan informed his drivers to let Schumacher through because he was in the title fight. Damon obviously did not agree... But yeah interesting.

alot of teams used to do that because it would just lose them time having to drive stupidly defensive against a much faster time they were better of just racing their own race

#11321 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 15:26

I just rewatched the British GP for the first time (after being there at the circuit missing the commentary) and Michael was strong but yet again his incompetence and/or idiocy in traffic ruined another race.

The DRS issue presented itself once again for the Mercedes, and Schumacher's braking was affected and he hit Kobayashi. Not his fault, he even said he wasn't trying to pass KK at the time. It doesn't make him incompetant, as he put in a strong drive and came back through the field in the points - overtaking lots of drivers despite losing time with the broken wing and the Stop/Go penalty.

You get the sense that Schumacher is back up to speed now and only Nico's clean racing and lack of drama is keeping him ahead of Schumacher. Schumacher is really going for it these days. That's what defined his first career and I believe will bring him success this year also. I can't wait for Suzuka and Spa or other wet races this year.

#11322 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 16:41

The DRS issue presented itself once again for the Mercedes, and Schumacher's braking was affected and he hit Kobayashi. Not his fault, he even said he wasn't trying to pass KK at the time. It doesn't make him incompetant, as he put in a strong drive and came back through the field in the points - overtaking lots of drivers despite losing time with the broken wing and the Stop/Go penalty.

You get the sense that Schumacher is back up to speed now and only Nico's clean racing and lack of drama is keeping him ahead of Schumacher. Schumacher is really going for it these days. That's what defined his first career and I believe will bring him success this year also. I can't wait for Suzuka and Spa or other wet races this year.

it wasnt a DRS fault it was a schumacher expecting more grip at the braking zone he wasnt the only person to carry to much speed into that corner hamilton did it twice but he wasnt following anyone else at the time.

schumacher admited it was his own fault and it basicly was

#11323 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:03

plz dont feed the trolls

#11324 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,458 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:09

plz dont feed the trolls

Troll? Scotracer was a Schumacher fan as far as I recall. When did he turn to dark side?

In the meantime, I can safely say I'm very satisfied from Schumacher's performance. Eventhough he's not as fast as Rosbeg on one-lap performance, which saddens me deeply, he's racing his heart out on the track for every position. His overtakes and comeback race on Sunday gave me all the more reason that he can make it to the podium this year. In mixed condition, he's as fast as the other guys, giving me a clue that he still has it in terms of racing and talent wise but for some reason, in the dry one lap condition, he couldn't pull it. I was very pessimistic in the beginning of the season but from Canada on, I am more and more optimistic that Michael can win. I prefer him racing hard but losing position than driving safely just to get some points.

#11325 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:34

Merhaba komşu :)

I think that from day one of his return Michael is aiming higher than being ahead of his teammate in the points. And besides getting back to form and scrubbing out the rust, he has to reconquer his place among the current group of drivers, different manners of driving and racing by them. Hence the mistakes and incidents. Many things have changed for three years and it appears that a comeback takes longer than we and Michael himself expected. The car also does not contribute.
But, like you, I am also pleased to see the same fighter and when weather equalizes car differences - same master - on the track.

Edited by sharo, 17 July 2011 - 20:35.

#11326 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,805 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:39

Oh give-over. I'm now a troll? I've probably been an MSC fan longer than anyone here.

I'm just a realist. What part of what I said was wrong? He was strong but he also did his customary mistake that ruined his race.

#11327 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:52

yeah in a way you maybe right, but to post that right in the middle of Suzuka 1998 - great race discussion where people were discussing about re watching these classic races and you come and use the exact same words(in a negative words) as others is really baiting/trolling mate!

Thank you!

I forgot what an epic drive Michael made from last on the grid.......if only the car hadn't stalled. He was on another planet that day.

Maybe as good as Donnington 93 plus in the dry.

this is what i was referring to

Edited by EdwardCullen, 17 July 2011 - 20:55.

#11328 as65p

as65p

• 18,449 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:52

yeah in a way you maybe right, but to post that right in the middle of Suzuka 1998 - great race discussion where people were discussing about re watching these classic races and you come and use the exact same words(in a negative words) as others is really baiting/trolling mate!

If you want a love-in with no distractions from present reality, create your own forum and control memberships. Dead easy these days.

Always produces the funniest moments when boygroup worshippers attack long-time genuine fans... :drunk:

#11329 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,805 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:54

I don't really care about being called a troll. I have followed Michael since mid-1994. If that doesn't make me a 'fan', sobeit.

#11330 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:40

FIA ruined his race at Silverstone 2011 and Canada 2011, the punishment especially was not right, and as a fan, you sound more like fed up in waiting for the FIA not to screw him over when he's doing well, it happaned at Monaco 2010 as well.

But watch Spain 2011 and you would have seen Schumacher that bit better in traffic, where as Rosberg could of done better, Rosberg ran a fine race, nothing great, nothing worth noting, nothing bad, but you could see Michael making more effort in maximising time lost through traffic. Schumacher has raced Hamilton hard in parts at Monaco/Canada, and Alonso brieflly earlier in the year when ferrari and mercedes were closer and overcoming a former champion in Hamilton with a few moves, these are the guys like Hamilton who you need to look good against, and he has, these are the guys expected to go for the title again. Also it's note worthy to note, had the safety car pulled in earlier at Canada, it would of been Michael putting some pressure on Vettel/not Jenson Button, Vettel did make a error, these are the guys Mercedes are going to be up against hopefully.

This DRS/KERS has been a blessing on some tracks and a annoyance at other times, Canada race didn't need it and probabley wouldn't have if the safety car allowed them to race earlier and let these use wet tyres for the reason they were made! To race on a wet track DUH! They waited until the track was ready for intermediates :rolleyes: , I say the FIA robbed fans of a better gp/more fair for the guys in lesser cars to take advantage, and Schumacher's+Mercedes podium got shallowed by a soft FIA stance for a wet race, truely horrible timing for any fans of wet races,, let alone seeing Schumacher doing well. I think for Silverstone, DRS was not needed until the track was proper dry.

DRS is a on going experiment, and I think more then likely, some drivers/teams will get screwed over, or get effected by it, if there is wet/dry races, and drivers have made set ups and gambles, I would rather avoid DRS, it can be overkill, it was at Canada..

The FIA truely are everywhere, lets keep the cars behind the safety car, don't let the drivers use wet tyres!! wait for the track to be good for intermediates for Canada! Silverstone, it's still wet, but we must activate DRS, why? Because maybe we should, buy why? Who knows, plenty of run off area if cars hit, they'll be ok.

I think that from day one of his return Michael is aiming higher than being ahead of his teammate in the points. And besides getting back to form and scrubbing out the rust, he has to reconquer his place among the current group of drivers, different manners of driving and racing by them. Hence the mistakes and incidents. Many things have changed for three years and it appears that a comeback takes longer than we and Michael himself expected. The car also does not contribute.
But, like you, I am also pleased to see the same fighter and when weather equalizes car differences - same master - on the track.

:up:

Edited by SeanValen, 18 July 2011 - 01:53.

#11331 FW09

FW09

• 318 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:09

Epic

Yes, the car was very good. 3 to 5 seconds faster than most other cars.

Of course, MS himself choked completely once again and stalled his car at the start...

#11332 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:49

At the end of the day, I think his adventures don't matter when the car is shit, at the moment Mercedes are in a lonely league of their own -the front runners are too far up ahead and the rest of the midfield is a bit further behind- at least he's pushing to the limit in a bad car, still better than some others that are unable to handle on the limit stuff. :up:

If you want a love-in with no distractions from present reality, create your own forum and control memberships. Dead easy these days.

Always produces the funniest moments when boygroup worshippers attack long-time genuine fans... :drunk:

This from AyrtonSenna65Poles, fanboy extraordinaire and worshipper of Alfonso, dowager socialite on every Alfonso clubhouse thread there is. :lol:

#11333 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,458 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:06

Merhaba komşu too :up:

I've been thinking the same thing but I also would like to know why Schumacher cannot bring a lap together when it matters in qualifying? Is it EBD or DRS thing? I'm really curious about that.

#11334 Clatter

Clatter

• 28,123 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:34

At the end of the day, I think his adventures don't matter when the car is shit, at the moment Mercedes are in a lonely league of their own -the front runners are too far up ahead and the rest of the midfield is a bit further behind- at least he's pushing to the limit in a bad car, still better than some others that are unable to handle on the limit stuff. :up:

I disagree. Having a bad car will be reflected in the points, but is not a valid excuse for a bad performance, and while he is being beaten by NR he isn't pushing to the limits of the car, he is only reaching his own limit not the cars.

#11335 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:54

"Well I must say I'm very disappointed. He made up to my position so bloody quick so I let by which is normal...I didn't understand why Damon didn't react I mean he got 3 calls to let Michael pass but he didn't do it. Must be honest, it's quite an important day for Michael and it was difficult to get into the points" - Ralf

Bitter as ever is Damon.

#11336 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 13:51

"Well I must say I'm very disappointed. He made up to my position so bloody quick so I let by which is normal...I didn't understand why Damon didn't react I mean he got 3 calls to let Michael pass but he didn't do it. Must be honest, it's quite an important day for Michael and it was difficult to get into the points" - Ralf

Bitter as ever is Damon.

which race was this? suzuka 98?

#11337 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,458 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 13:53

Bitter as ever is Damon.

Well, granted Damon was not racing with Michael, I don't believe that's the correct way of thinking that he should have let Michael through. I mean why? They were racing for positions and they were racing for the same purpose (in gerenal meaning of the word). Michael should have passed Damon by merit, not by being let thru. It wasn't Michael was lapping him or something. Yes, that would have been big of Damon but it was not fault or improper not to let him by. No way.

In Brazil 2006, I was begging Jenson to back off and let Michael to be on the podium in his last race. But then, why should he have done this? They are all racing.

Edited by ali.unal, 18 July 2011 - 13:55.

#11338 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 14:22

Yep, Suzuka '98.

Hill defied team orders 3/4 times, seems to have a habit of this. Holding Schumacher back, who has a tendency for ambitious lunges/actions, could have resulted in a collision costing Jordan points and, potentially, Schumacher the title. The Ferrari was much faster, let him get on with his race and Damon with his own. It was all a bit unnecessary.

? Schumacher was right on the back end of Hill whilst Button was seconds away. I don't expect them to back off but only move to side when you've got the Championship contender right behind you.

#11339 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,458 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 14:31

Yep, Suzuka '98.

Hill defied team orders 3/4 times, seems to have a habit of this. Holding Schumacher back, who has a tendency for ambitious lunges/actions, could have resulted in a collision costing Jordan points and, potentially, Schumacher the title. The Ferrari was much faster, let him get on with his race and Damon with his own. It was all a bit unnecessary.

? Schumacher was right on the back end of Hill whilst Button was seconds away. I don't expect them to back off but only move to side when you've got the Championship contender right behind you.

No, this was a vain wishful thinking by my side. Nothing comparable are those two incidents.

Again, they raced each other to my opinion and Damon had every right to do so.

Advertisement

#11340 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 14:52

#11341 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:01

No, this was a vain wishful thinking by my side. Nothing comparable are those two incidents.

not when hes beeing paid to drive a car and his employer is clearly tellinh him one thing and he does another.
in most industries you get sacked.

anyway there were numerous other times when hill would let schumachers main title rival straight past and then he would do all he could to hold schumacher up, he wasnt doing it because he was racing him he does it because hes an arse and probably a very jealous and bitter one

Edited by arknor, 18 July 2011 - 15:03.

#11342 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,458 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:09

not when hes beeing paid to drive a car and his employer is clearly tellinh him one thing and he does another.
in most industries you get sacked.

anyway there were numerous other times when hill would let schumachers main title rival straight past and then he would do all he could to hold schumacher up, he wasnt doing it because he was racing him he does it because hes an arse and probably a very jealous and bitter one

Well, just like what Webber did. If it's against the racing ming of a particular driver, then he's entitled to do whetever he feels to do. I'm not critical for those drivers who choose to deny what is not right for them. Damon was not racing just Michael alone, he was racing all the grid.

Then again, I feel for what you're saying about Damon. He felt all his life he was robbed of that championship and he might have thought it as a revenge. So be it. However, he didn't crash Michael, he just raced. He prevented Michael from passing him legally and rightfuly. He may be arse, jealous, bitter one but that's not the point. He didn't do anything wrong. That is the point.

I would have been a very happy man (boy, at that time) if Schumacher would've clinched that victory and title, but that was the way it is.

As mighty Sheldon puts it: "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas."

:)

Edited by ali.unal, 18 July 2011 - 15:12.

#11343 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:11

Epic

Enjoyed this thankyou :up:

So whats the vote on MS greatest race??

#11344 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:54

Enjoyed this thankyou :up:

98 is my favorite year
some good races that year , hungary was pretty intense
http://www.garagetv....ngary_1998.aspx

every race of 1998 should bring up some great schumacher clips on youtube

Edited by arknor, 18 July 2011 - 19:58.

#11345 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 21:20

98 is my favorite year
some good races that year , hungary was pretty intense
http://www.garagetv....ngary_1998.aspx

every race of 1998 should bring up some great schumacher clips on youtube

Ha! 98 is my favourite year too. Belgium, Hungary, Japan.. all were priceless!

#11346 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 868 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 23:45

Too many to choose from. Monza 1992 is one of my favourites tho because it's so well documented with onboard footage. Damages his front wing in the first chicane after the start then fights his way back from the end of the field to the podium:

#11347 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 00:36

The obvious candidates are Spain 94, Spa 95, Europe 95, Spain 96, Monaco 97, Hungary 98, Japan 98, Malaysia 99, Japan 00 etc etc.

For pure dominance all the weekend though I'd select Spa 04, I believe MS thinks highly of it, and Nigel Roebuck, who I don't think is much of a fan, considers it a magnificent drive.

#11348 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,874 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 00:44

Do any of the one's where he failed to finish count or is that all his fault ? How about Suzuka 06 ??

#11349 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,139 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:02

Do any of the one's where he failed to finish count or is that all his fault ? How about Suzuka 06 ??

Lol, well Frans will tell you his best races were Jerez 97, Suzuka 98, Silverstone 99 etc.... but then we all know Frans doesn't take his medication before he comes on here & posts so.......

#11350 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:32

i'll say Hill was right not to listen to pit's claim, and so was Webber to ignore the "brake behind Sebastian" in England! the race is on the track for Pete's sake!