No it hasn't.

no stewards report though
http://www.fia.com/e...post_event.aspx

Advertisement

#11302 dren

dren

• 175 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 13:49

Agreed with that one. It looked like clumpsy but I'm sure Kobayashi was very slow in the corner, outside the apex. In the wet that shouldn't have to be an issue but I think he would have hit the pedal earlier to get back up to speed. Schumacher just slid in him with that correction, racing incident. The penalty was pretty much 'way too' harsh, like David and Martin already admitted.

Schumacher made a mistake and crashed into Kobayashi. A penalty was warrented. It wasn't like when Massa and Hamilton were duking it out at the end. That was racing.

Either way, Schumacher dove one hell of a race bar the mistake. He's looked quite racey recently. He just needs to up his qualification game.

#11303 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:07

Schumacher made a mistake and crashed into Kobayashi. A penalty was warrented. It wasn't like when Massa and Hamilton were duking it out at the end. That was racing.

Either way, Schumacher dove one hell of a race bar the mistake. He's looked quite racey recently. He just needs to up his qualification game.

other people get away with similar accidents all the time though and they shouldnt punish people for mistakes they should punish people for dirty driving

#11304 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:11

other people get away with similar accidents all the time though and they shouldnt punish people for mistakes they should punish people for dirty driving

Yup, Button taking out Alonso at canada comes to mind

#11305 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:23

Shall we stress the fact Button took two title candidates out there? One unconsciously (I don't blame him or Hamilton for diving into a quickly decreasing gap with his normal level of enthusiasm. It was just horrible miscommunication) and one with racing the Ferrari, 60-40 for Button vs Alonso. Both the Mac and the Ferrari had to stop. There are fine lines between a lot of things but not between racing and accidentally slipping on a damp track. Those are two different things and so this call was apalling, especially when considering Kobayashi isn't hunting his first WDC down this season.

#11306 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:24

I kind of think that Michael should move to Red Bull in 2012.

#11307 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 11,725 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:30

Michael Schumacher has made too many mistakes this season - crashing into Kobayashi was just the latest. I don't think he is doing himself any favours staying in the Mercedes seat and he should call a halt to his wonderful career before it is tarnished forever.

:wave:

#11308 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:37

Michael Schumacher has made too many mistakes this season - crashing into Kobayashi was just the latest. I don't think he is doing himself any favours staying in the Mercedes seat and he should call a halt to his wonderful career before it is tarnished forever.

Thanks for the input, I'll tell him that next time I see him!

#11309 Concorde

Concorde

• 782 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:39

Michael doesn't have to do himself or anybody any favours he just wants to enjoy himself driving in F1 and as long as he's he will stay.
He has the luxury that he has achieved it all and then some and he doesn't really care what the rest of the world thinks of him or of his career. That said the day he doesn't enjoy F1 anymore or finds something better to do he'll walk just like that.

Nice position to be in I guess. :cool:

#11310 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:44

Shall we stress the fact Button took two title candidates out there? One unconsciously (I don't blame him or Hamilton for diving into a quickly decreasing gap with his normal level of enthusiasm. It was just horrible miscommunication) and one with racing the Ferrari, 60-40 for Button vs Alonso. Both the Mac and the Ferrari had to stop. There are fine lines between a lot of things but not between racing and accidentally slipping on a damp track. Those are two different things and so this call was apalling, especially when considering Kobayashi isn't hunting his first WDC down this season.

This would be a "move of the century", but I don't think it's in the cards. He is with MGP and he he will retire from there for good; question is merely when. Having a different car poses for him the same set of issues, mainly balance, tires, acceleration, etc.

Edited by Sakae, 12 July 2011 - 15:44.

#11311 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 21:14

:up: I am with you.....too less good news from the old man! He has "feddisch"!

#11312 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,376 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 21:24

no stewards report though
http://www.fia.com/e...post_event.aspx

There never is, at least not for public reading.

#11313 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:17

you could say the same thing about hamilton accept he doesnt have a career to tarnish so why dont people call for him to retire?

Edited by arknor, 13 July 2011 - 08:18.

#11314 Dodi_napalm

Dodi_napalm

• 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:59

from Mercedes GP site:
The Dust Settles - Silverstone
MICHAEL
Hands up if you remember Turkey? Well,
the recipe for Michael’s race in Silverstone
was very similar: a great start, great speed
through the stints, but an unfortunate
collision – plus additional pit stop – that
masked a cracking drive. Michael is fast developing a reputation as a
first-lap demon: he gained four positions
on the first lap last Sunday, the fourth time
this year he has made up three or more
positions by the end of lap one. That set
him up for a solid first stint as the drivers proceeded cautiously on the inters on a
wet/dry circuit, looking after the tyres and
taking opportunities as they came. Running close behind Kobayashi, Michael
first got close enough to use DRS on lap
nine. Braking for turn 6 (Brooklands), he
misjudged it, lost the rear end and slid into
the Sauber, crunching his front wing in the
process. He lost around 12 seconds running back to the pits without his front
wing, more time as the nose was changed –
but became the first man to run dry tyres,
as he headed back out in P18 on lap 10. The choice proved its worth: by the time he
came back to the pits on lap 16, to serve a
10 second stop-go for the collision, Michael
was up to eighth place; he even set the
fastest lap of the race up to that point on
lap 13. After the race, the penalty was the object of
some frustration, but the reason for the
stop-go, rather than the more usual drive-
through, was simple: the new pit-lane at
Silverstone is shorter than the circuit (in-
laps were around four seconds quicker than racing laps), so a simple drive-through
was not deemed ‘enough’ of a penalty. Michael re-emerged in P17, and there were
echoes of Valencia where an extra stop saw
him emerge in P20 – and finish only three
positions higher. However, an indication of
the step forward the team has made came
with Michael’s subsequent charge: his average lap times between laps 17 and 31
were comparable to the leaders, and he
hauled himself steadily up the field. Ultimately, Heidfeld’s Renault gained track
position at the second and final stop, and
was able to hold Michael off until the flag.
But two points were still sufficient to haul
the team ahead of Lotus Renault GP in the
constructors’ standings. Indeed, we have now outscored our closest rivals in the
championship in six of the last seven races
– a trend we will aim to continue as we
push on with development through the
summer. As for our next stop, that’s in Germany –
another home race for the team, and the
home event for both of our drivers. It will
be the first time the Silver Arrows have
raced at the famous Nürburgring in the
modern era – and it’s a place where we have made a fair bit of history over the
years. We will certainly be aiming even
higher in two weeks’ time. Bis bald!
:up:

Edited by Dodi_napalm, 15 July 2011 - 11:00.

#11315 weston

weston

• 370 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 16:57

- "After the British GP Sebastian Vettel has 204 points out of a possible 225, or 90.67%. If he maintains this, would he set the record for the best percentage of points available over a season?"

- "The top two places on this list are both occupied by Michael Schumacher, who collected 84.71% of the points available to him in 2002 (144 out of 170), and approached that with 148 out of 180 (82.22%) in 2004... In order to beat Schumacher's record, Vettel needs to finish this season with a whopping 403 points - the maximum, from 19 races under the new points system, is 475."

I forgot how dominant Schumacher was in his top years.

At the same time these numbers emphasize how good Vettel is in this year.

#11316 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 18:28

- "After the British GP Sebastian Vettel has 204 points out of a possible 225, or 90.67%. If he maintains this, would he set the record for the best percentage of points available over a season?"

- "The top two places on this list are both occupied by Michael Schumacher, who collected 84.71% of the points available to him in 2002 (144 out of 170), and approached that with 148 out of 180 (82.22%) in 2004... In order to beat Schumacher's record, Vettel needs to finish this season with a whopping 403 points - the maximum, from 19 races under the new points system, is 475."

I forgot how dominant Schumacher was in his top years.

At the same time these numbers emphasize how good Vettel is in this year.

what about if it was the old points system? the gap between 1st and second is alot bigger than it used to be percentage wise?

#11317 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,628 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 19:52

That's a stupid thing to say 'In laps were 4 seconds faster than normal racing laps' what about the bit after crossing the timing line when you're still crawling along down the pit lane ? You can't suddenly jump straight up on to the track again.

#11318 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 20:05

DIR and Lewis also hit other cars. Did they get stop and go?

did button in canada for knocking alonso off?

The problem is MS is doing this quite often, lets not forget he ran into the back of Lewis at Monaco damaging his rear diffuser, no one asked for him to be penalised then, he also ran Lewis off the track in Canada changing his line under braking for the hairpin which you're not supposed to do, he defended the inside of the corner, Lewis went to the outside so MS then turned left

Heidfeld also lost his FW in Koba's rear end in Canada. This guy brake strangely.
Lewis miss the corner twice(flew out of the track) ,but he was lucky there wasn't somebody like Koba ahead of him.

Lewis wasnt trying to overtake, and yes making a mistake and running off the circuit is the same as trying to pass someone and spinning him off :rolleyes:

Too many mistakes

#11319 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,523 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 20:21

Lewis wasnt trying to overtake, and yes making a mistake and running off the circuit is the same as trying to pass someone and spinning him off :rolleyes:

Michael wasn't trying to overtake.

Advertisement

#11320 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,109 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 20:24

Too many mistakes

Trying to pass and spinning him off sounds just like Hamilton did to Webber in Canada? He was exceptionally lucky to avoid a penalty for that because that move was never on, and even when Webber gave him room, Hamilton hit the kerb and understeered into him.

It was a mistake from MS, but the overall penalty didn't match up with many others throughout the season is the point I think some are trying to make.

#11321 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:16

The problem is MS is doing this quite often, lets not forget he ran into the back of Lewis at Monaco damaging his rear diffuser, no one asked for him to be penalised then, he also ran Lewis off the track in Canada changing his line under braking for the hairpin which you're not supposed to do, he defended the inside of the corner, Lewis went to the outside so MS then turned left

you can take whatever line you want aslong as you arent weaving

#11322 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:21

Trying to pass and spinning him off sounds just like Hamilton did to Webber in Canada? He was exceptionally lucky to avoid a penalty for that because that move was never on, and even when Webber gave him room, Hamilton hit the kerb and understeered into him.

It was a mistake from MS, but the overall penalty didn't match up with many others throughout the season is the point I think some are trying to make.

Lewis would have got a penalty if he hadn't have retired he was under investigation

you can take whatever line you want aslong as you arent weaving

You're not supposed to change your line in the braking zone and you're not allowed to crowd a driver off the track

#11323 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:27

Lewis would have got a penalty if he hadn't have retired he was under investigation

You're not supposed to change your line in the braking zone and you're not allowed to crowd a driver off the track

good job he didnt then

#11324 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,109 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 21:46

I thought he was only under investigation for parking his car in a dangerous spot (thereby bringing out the safety car and helping his teammate) **** I KNOW he didn't do that, but that's what the FIA investigated as far as I know. If he was under investigation but avoided the penalty because he retired..... what's to stop someone punting off their rival like that and then retiring? Webber was disadvantaged as much, if not more than Kobayashi, Hamilton was down a couple of places, but certainly not screwed over by having to pit or anything like that.

If he did dodge a penalty then I can't be the only one thinking it's another issue of consistency and a lack of it this season in terms of penalties. (Most of them are bullshit of course, but if you penalise 1, you should penalise all).

#11325 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:11

I thought he was only under investigation for parking his car in a dangerous spot (thereby bringing out the safety car and helping his teammate) **** I KNOW he didn't do that, but that's what the FIA investigated as far as I know. If he was under investigation but avoided the penalty because he retired..... what's to stop someone punting off their rival like that and then retiring? Webber was disadvantaged as much, if not more than Kobayashi, Hamilton was down a couple of places, but certainly not screwed over by having to pit or anything like that.

If he did dodge a penalty then I can't be the only one thinking it's another issue of consistency and a lack of it this season in terms of penalties. (Most of them are bullshit of course, but if you penalise 1, you should penalise all).

I need to watch the race again i was under the impression he was under investigation for the collision with Webber and when he retired the investigation, bit far fetched in this instance to think Lewis would deliberately take out Webber then retire on purpose so he couldnt be penalised

#11326 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,109 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:14

I need to watch the race again i was under the impression he was under investigation for the collision with Webber and when he retired the investigation, bit far fetched in this instance to think Lewis would deliberately take out Webber then retire on purpose so he couldnt be penalised

No, no, no. Sorry another misunderstanding! There's no way LH retired to avoid a possible penalty, that would be a trick even MS hasn't considered yet! I thought he never even got investigated for the move on Webber (I believe the situations before & after Canada show he ought to have, if only in the name of consistency) but I know he did have SOME investigation into him. JB got done for speeding behind the safety car for sure.

#11327 jrobson

jrobson

• 62 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 20:54

If you take 77.9 seconds, minus 12 seconds lost on the road after the nose, minus 5.5 seconds to put a new nose, minus about 25 seconds for the penalty then 35.4 seconds behind Alonso is not bad at all, considering being stuck behind Heidfeld as well... Next race looks damp as well :) I think if he can get qualifying sorted we'll start to see possibilities of podiums emerge...

Edited by jrobson, 16 July 2011 - 20:59.

#11328 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:39

If you take 77.9 seconds, minus 12 seconds lost on the road after the nose, minus 5.5 seconds to put a new nose, minus about 25 seconds for the penalty then 35.4 seconds behind Alonso is not bad at all, considering being stuck behind Heidfeld as well... Next race looks damp as well :) I think if he can get qualifying sorted we'll start to see possibilities of podiums emerge...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Classic! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#11329 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:15

No, it is more to keep the nose on the car.  ;) Qualy is not such big problem. He usually resolve Qualy problems in the first lap.

#11330 as65p

as65p

• 17,310 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:20

The problem is, he never get's it all together at once, there is always some kind of mess-up involved. He's looking for that elusive weekend when he get's his qualifying right, does his custom demon start, has the speed and doesn't touch anyone. Hasn't happened yet.

#11331 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,033 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:11

I'll never forget this start of Schumacher, Suzuka 1998

Epic

#11332 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,924 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:33

Epic

Thank you!

I forgot what an epic drive Michael made from last on the grid.......if only the car hadn't stalled. He was on another planet that day.

Maybe as good as Donnington 93 plus in the dry.

#11333 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:35

Epic

He gave the sport some of the best entertainment in the most difficult times of his career, Suzuka 98+Spa , just pure drama, his quest and determination to win the title that year, even when things seemed unlikely, he still went on to drive like a demon, and that is the venom you see in Suzuka 1998, alot of drivers have gotten frustrated or anger with complaining about other drivers/on radio/, but he actually made it look like he was channeling his anger into lap time speed, after all that work, then tire punture, just pure drama, pure atmosphere, those do or die drives despite the end result is what alot of people asmired him for, and we saw it again this year at Canada 2011-hunting down webber towards the end.

The way Michael drove Monaco 2006-the race reminded me of Suzuka 2008, same persistence and attack from the back of the grid, or in Monaco's case, the pitlane.

http://www.skysports...7044622,00.html

The German legend, who last won at Nurburgring in the 2006 European Grand Prix, is also looking forward to competing on a track where one of the corners, Turn 8 and 9, is named after him.

He added: "It will be the first time that I race through the corner which is named after me, and obviously I would like to believe that this is not only making me proud, but also even faster."

Who would of thought he would return to race at home and go past the corners named after him. Cool. :smoking: Gotta know your a living legend when you see that.

Edited by SeanValen, 17 July 2011 - 13:37.

#11334 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:46

He gave the sport some of the best entertainment in the most difficult times of his career, Suzuka 98+Spa , just pure drama, his quest and determination to win the title that year, even when things seemed unlikely, he still went on to drive like a demon, and that is the venom you see in Suzuka 1998, alot of drivers have gotten frustrated or anger with complaining about other drivers/on radio/, but he actually made it look like he was channeling his anger into lap time speed, after all that work, then tire punture, just pure drama, pure atmosphere, those do or die drives despite the end result is what alot of people asmired him for, and we saw it again this year at Canada 2011-hunting down webber towards the end.

The way Michael drove Monaco 2006-the race reminded me of Suzuka 2008, same persistence and attack from the back of the grid, or in Monaco's case, the pitlane.

http://www.skysports...7044622,00.html

Who would of thought he would return to race at home and go past the corners named after him. Cool. :smoking: Gotta know your a living legend when you see that.

Completely agree :up:
i get very sad remembering Suzuka 1998 :( Pure drama... it would have been fantastic if he had won that years WDC

#11335 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:46

No, no, no. Sorry another misunderstanding! There's no way LH retired to avoid a possible penalty, that would be a trick even MS hasn't considered yet! I thought he never even got investigated for the move on Webber (I believe the situations before & after Canada show he ought to have, if only in the name of consistency) but I know he did have SOME investigation into him. JB got done for speeding behind the safety car for sure.

Well in Lewis's case he's a marked man now, i dare say he would have been penalised if it was him that spun Alonso off and not Jenson, with the stewarding as it is now you're not really going to get away with taking opponents out, a more sinister scenario would be a teammate taking an opponent out for you

#11336 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 14:21

Watching the Suzuka race. Nice first few laps!

Interesting that Eddie Jordan informed his drivers to let Schumacher through because he was in the title fight. Damon obviously did not agree... But yeah interesting.

#11337 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,697 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 14:32

I just rewatched the British GP for the first time (after being there at the circuit missing the commentary) and Michael was strong but yet again his incompetence and/or idiocy in traffic ruined another race.

#11338 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 14:36

Interesting that Eddie Jordan informed his drivers to let Schumacher through because he was in the title fight. Damon obviously did not agree... But yeah interesting.

alot of teams used to do that because it would just lose them time having to drive stupidly defensive against a much faster time they were better of just racing their own race

#11339 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,033 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 15:26

I just rewatched the British GP for the first time (after being there at the circuit missing the commentary) and Michael was strong but yet again his incompetence and/or idiocy in traffic ruined another race.

The DRS issue presented itself once again for the Mercedes, and Schumacher's braking was affected and he hit Kobayashi. Not his fault, he even said he wasn't trying to pass KK at the time. It doesn't make him incompetant, as he put in a strong drive and came back through the field in the points - overtaking lots of drivers despite losing time with the broken wing and the Stop/Go penalty.

You get the sense that Schumacher is back up to speed now and only Nico's clean racing and lack of drama is keeping him ahead of Schumacher. Schumacher is really going for it these days. That's what defined his first career and I believe will bring him success this year also. I can't wait for Suzuka and Spa or other wet races this year.

Advertisement

#11340 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 16:41

The DRS issue presented itself once again for the Mercedes, and Schumacher's braking was affected and he hit Kobayashi. Not his fault, he even said he wasn't trying to pass KK at the time. It doesn't make him incompetant, as he put in a strong drive and came back through the field in the points - overtaking lots of drivers despite losing time with the broken wing and the Stop/Go penalty.

You get the sense that Schumacher is back up to speed now and only Nico's clean racing and lack of drama is keeping him ahead of Schumacher. Schumacher is really going for it these days. That's what defined his first career and I believe will bring him success this year also. I can't wait for Suzuka and Spa or other wet races this year.

it wasnt a DRS fault it was a schumacher expecting more grip at the braking zone he wasnt the only person to carry to much speed into that corner hamilton did it twice but he wasnt following anyone else at the time.

schumacher admited it was his own fault and it basicly was

#11341 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:03

plz dont feed the trolls

#11342 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,277 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:09

plz dont feed the trolls

Troll? Scotracer was a Schumacher fan as far as I recall. When did he turn to dark side?

In the meantime, I can safely say I'm very satisfied from Schumacher's performance. Eventhough he's not as fast as Rosbeg on one-lap performance, which saddens me deeply, he's racing his heart out on the track for every position. His overtakes and comeback race on Sunday gave me all the more reason that he can make it to the podium this year. In mixed condition, he's as fast as the other guys, giving me a clue that he still has it in terms of racing and talent wise but for some reason, in the dry one lap condition, he couldn't pull it. I was very pessimistic in the beginning of the season but from Canada on, I am more and more optimistic that Michael can win. I prefer him racing hard but losing position than driving safely just to get some points.

#11343 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:34

Merhaba komşu :)

I think that from day one of his return Michael is aiming higher than being ahead of his teammate in the points. And besides getting back to form and scrubbing out the rust, he has to reconquer his place among the current group of drivers, different manners of driving and racing by them. Hence the mistakes and incidents. Many things have changed for three years and it appears that a comeback takes longer than we and Michael himself expected. The car also does not contribute.
But, like you, I am also pleased to see the same fighter and when weather equalizes car differences - same master - on the track.

Edited by sharo, 17 July 2011 - 20:35.

#11344 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,697 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:39

Oh give-over. I'm now a troll? I've probably been an MSC fan longer than anyone here.

I'm just a realist. What part of what I said was wrong? He was strong but he also did his customary mistake that ruined his race.

#11345 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 20:52

yeah in a way you maybe right, but to post that right in the middle of Suzuka 1998 - great race discussion where people were discussing about re watching these classic races and you come and use the exact same words(in a negative words) as others is really baiting/trolling mate!

Thank you!

I forgot what an epic drive Michael made from last on the grid.......if only the car hadn't stalled. He was on another planet that day.

Maybe as good as Donnington 93 plus in the dry.

this is what i was referring to

Edited by EdwardCullen, 17 July 2011 - 20:55.

#11346 as65p

as65p

• 17,310 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:52

yeah in a way you maybe right, but to post that right in the middle of Suzuka 1998 - great race discussion where people were discussing about re watching these classic races and you come and use the exact same words(in a negative words) as others is really baiting/trolling mate!

If you want a love-in with no distractions from present reality, create your own forum and control memberships. Dead easy these days.

Always produces the funniest moments when boygroup worshippers attack long-time genuine fans... :drunk:

#11347 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,697 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:54

I don't really care about being called a troll. I have followed Michael since mid-1994. If that doesn't make me a 'fan', sobeit.

#11348 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:40

FIA ruined his race at Silverstone 2011 and Canada 2011, the punishment especially was not right, and as a fan, you sound more like fed up in waiting for the FIA not to screw him over when he's doing well, it happaned at Monaco 2010 as well.

But watch Spain 2011 and you would have seen Schumacher that bit better in traffic, where as Rosberg could of done better, Rosberg ran a fine race, nothing great, nothing worth noting, nothing bad, but you could see Michael making more effort in maximising time lost through traffic. Schumacher has raced Hamilton hard in parts at Monaco/Canada, and Alonso brieflly earlier in the year when ferrari and mercedes were closer and overcoming a former champion in Hamilton with a few moves, these are the guys like Hamilton who you need to look good against, and he has, these are the guys expected to go for the title again. Also it's note worthy to note, had the safety car pulled in earlier at Canada, it would of been Michael putting some pressure on Vettel/not Jenson Button, Vettel did make a error, these are the guys Mercedes are going to be up against hopefully.

This DRS/KERS has been a blessing on some tracks and a annoyance at other times, Canada race didn't need it and probabley wouldn't have if the safety car allowed them to race earlier and let these use wet tyres for the reason they were made! To race on a wet track DUH! They waited until the track was ready for intermediates :rolleyes: , I say the FIA robbed fans of a better gp/more fair for the guys in lesser cars to take advantage, and Schumacher's+Mercedes podium got shallowed by a soft FIA stance for a wet race, truely horrible timing for any fans of wet races,, let alone seeing Schumacher doing well. I think for Silverstone, DRS was not needed until the track was proper dry.

DRS is a on going experiment, and I think more then likely, some drivers/teams will get screwed over, or get effected by it, if there is wet/dry races, and drivers have made set ups and gambles, I would rather avoid DRS, it can be overkill, it was at Canada..

The FIA truely are everywhere, lets keep the cars behind the safety car, don't let the drivers use wet tyres!! wait for the track to be good for intermediates for Canada! Silverstone, it's still wet, but we must activate DRS, why? Because maybe we should, buy why? Who knows, plenty of run off area if cars hit, they'll be ok.

Merhaba komşu :)

I think that from day one of his return Michael is aiming higher than being ahead of his teammate in the points. And besides getting back to form and scrubbing out the rust, he has to reconquer his place among the current group of drivers, different manners of driving and racing by them. Hence the mistakes and incidents. Many things have changed for three years and it appears that a comeback takes longer than we and Michael himself expected. The car also does not contribute.
But, like you, I am also pleased to see the same fighter and when weather equalizes car differences - same master - on the track.

Edited by SeanValen, 18 July 2011 - 01:53.

#11349 FW09

FW09

• 318 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:09

Epic

Yes, the car was very good. 3 to 5 seconds faster than most other cars.

Of course, MS himself choked completely once again and stalled his car at the start...

#11350 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:49

At the end of the day, I think his adventures don't matter when the car is shit, at the moment Mercedes are in a lonely league of their own -the front runners are too far up ahead and the rest of the midfield is a bit further behind- at least he's pushing to the limit in a bad car, still better than some others that are unable to handle on the limit stuff. :up:

If you want a love-in with no distractions from present reality, create your own forum and control memberships. Dead easy these days.

Always produces the funniest moments when boygroup worshippers attack long-time genuine fans... :drunk:

This from AyrtonSenna65Poles, fanboy extraordinaire and worshipper of Alfonso, dowager socialite on every Alfonso clubhouse thread there is. :lol: