Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#11501 Poep

Poep

• 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 16:43

I wonder when the penny will finally drop on that one. Maybe it's just too much to ask for a driver with his history to acknowledge that he ain't anymore who he used to be .

Do you guys have alzheimer?

In silverstone he was smashing Nico's times (during the race). All season he is on par or eevn etter when it comes to the race (whether you see it or don't want to see it). In qualy the gap is 1.2 sec. Do you really think it is because of him?
Yes he made a mistake, but without it he would have finished 8th. The balance of the car was not good for him and he lost precious time in P3. Everybody knows that if you cannot practice with KERS, your dead meat. KERS working or not, changes the balance of the car and also the way the car is braking the corners (as confirmed by Brawn during that awfull Australian GP). You cannot just set-up a car without KERS for the situation when KERS becomes avaliable again in the next session.

Schumi is on it, whetehr you like it or not. This weekend he is just unfortunate again. PERIOD.

Advertisement

#11502 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 16:48

I wonder when the penny will finally drop on that one. Maybe it's just too much to ask for a driver with his history to acknowledge that he ain't anymore who he used to be .

hes still shown nico isnt as fast in races as the car is capable of though :wave:

your post history is intresting aswell

#11503 as65p

as65p

• 17,795 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 16:54

Do you guys have alzheimer?

In silverstone he was smashing Nico's times (during the race). All season he is on par or eevn etter when it comes to the race (whether you see it or don't want to see it). In qualy the gap is 1.2 sec. Do you really think it is because of him?
Yes he made a mistake, but without it he would have finished 8th. The balance of the car was not good for him and he lost precious time in P3. Everybody knows that if you cannot practice with KERS, your dead meat. KERS working or not, changes the balance of the car and also the way the car is braking the corners (as confirmed by Brawn during that awfull Australian GP). You cannot just set-up a car without KERS for the situation when KERS becomes avaliable again in the next session.

Schumi is on it, whetehr you like it or not. This weekend he is just unfortunate again. PERIOD.

Period, sure. MS' period is long over, that's the thing, weather you like to see it or not.

His recent good performances in the wet / mixed conditions were honourable, but also mislead to a false dawn. Those conditions are far less demanding physically than driving on a bone-dry track, that's why some of the old sparkle showed up again.

Overall, lap-in lap-out during a long tedious season, it appears all a bit too much for him, he's making a hell of lot more mistakes than Rosberg, big and small. Not to speak of that yesterday he needed reminders by his engineer to not stand on the gas during cornering braking... I know he did that in his former life, but by now he's driving like 30 races in the current car and still he hasn't got a handle on it?

Edited by as65p, 23 July 2011 - 17:05.

#11504 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 17:10

Time to retire. Again.

Shumacher is invaluable, a legend and an icon. Why can't some just let go? He's 43 and enjoying the sport he loves.And before I get jumped I'm sure the top brass at Merc have assessed the situation better than you,me and any other expert thus hes still an F1 driver. Not for mercy but his skills.

#11505 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 17:14

He sure ain't! He seems to be having way more fun than he ever has. A true Champion!

#11506 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 17:49

Period, sure. MS' period is long over, that's the thing, weather you like to see it or not.

His recent good performances in the wet / mixed conditions were honourable, but also mislead to a false dawn. Those conditions are far less demanding physically than driving on a bone-dry track, that's why some of the old sparkle showed up again.

Overall, lap-in lap-out during a long tedious season, it appears all a bit too much for him, he's making a hell of lot more mistakes than Rosberg, big and small. Not to speak of that yesterday he needed reminders by his engineer to not stand on the gas during cornering braking... I know he did that in his former life, but by now he's driving like 30 races in the current car and still he hasn't got a handle on it?

Whatever. I still enjoy it. MS is on the track, get over it.

Edited by ivand911, 23 July 2011 - 17:49.

#11507 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 17:50

BBC forecast is race for the rain

http://news.bbc.co.u...000/9545244.stm

Although they don't elaborate on how much, when, and for how long.

#11508 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 18:00

MS with wet set up or not , and a wet track will be nice thing to see. Did anyone from you expected he to say that he is one wet set up for tomorrow. It is a risk, but what he have left? 9th or 10th. Better to risk it.

Edited by ivand911, 23 July 2011 - 18:02.

#11509 Beyond

Beyond

• 377 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 19:22

the problem is, with so many problems in the handling of the car, i doubt the rain would help him

#11510 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 00:04

Schumacher is doing just fine. It's the car that needs to be retired and replaced with a proper one.

#11511 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:43

Whatever. I still enjoy it. MS is on the track, get over it.

Shameless. :blush:
Like the other poster saying that it's all about him enjoying himself! What are you guys on? :rolleyes:

#11512 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:45

Shameless. :blush:
Like the other poster saying that it's all about him enjoying himself! What are you guys on? :rolleyes:

Probably the same stuff that people that are enjoying watching Schumacher struggling with the car are on. I would have said the same thing, Schumacher is in F1, I am glad the great man is racing again, he isn't leaving until he's done with the contract: GET OVER IT.

I'm amazed at the way this thread goes up and down week after week, I think it's pathetic that the same people bashing him when he's simply having a bad day at the office -happens to every one of them- will disappear like cowards when he's doing well.

#11513 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:53

Schumacher is doing just fine. It's the car that needs to be retired and replaced with a proper one.

Perhaps replace with Rosberg's car as it seems to be quite a bit quicker :cool:

#11514 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:49

He sure ain't! He seems to be having way more fun than he ever has. A true Champion!

Having seen his interviews on RTL after qualis and races, he has seemed quite pissed off on many occasions. I don`t think he is enjoying it that much at all.

What do you think MS has a divine right to always have the best car? No driver has enjoyed having such superior and top cars in his career as MS did, it is only morally right that he finally now has a car that is not a top 2 car.

#11515 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:01

Having seen his interviews on RTL after qualis and races, he has seemed quite pissed off on many occasions. I don`t think he is enjoying it that much at all.

What do you think MS has a divine right to always have the best car? No driver has enjoyed having such superior and top cars in his career as MS did, it is only morally right that he finally now has a car that is not a top 2 car.

He didn't have always top 2 cars. But, with this car we don't expect miracles.

#11516 topical

topical

• 2,301 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:42

Rosberg doesn't seem to be having so many problems with it, as the 9-1 in qualy statistics would suggest. :lol:
Face it, the guy is just too old, he was great in his day, but it's a disgrace that in a sport with only 24 seats, a much faster driver is being blocked in his progress because of Schumacher's marketing and nostalgia value.
It's as if the Argentina football team dropped Messi and put Maradona back on the pitch because, you know, back in the day he was the best player in the world...

Edited by topical, 24 July 2011 - 08:44.

#11517 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:01

Rosberg doesn't seem to be having so many problems with it, as the 9-1 in qualy statistics would suggest. :lol:
Face it, the guy is just too old, he was great in his day, but it's a disgrace that in a sport with only 24 seats, a much faster driver is being blocked in his progress because of Schumacher's marketing and nostalgia value.
It's as if the Argentina football team dropped Messi and put Maradona back on the pitch because, you know, back in the day he was the best player in the world...

qualy isnt everything in the races rosberg isnt always the fastest.... schumacher just needs to stay accident free and the points gap would be almost nothing

#11518 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:41

Disgrace? Really?

So you think Schumi at the moment is slower than Barrichello and Trulli, for instance? And should move aside before them?

Name one driver who is faster than Schumi and would bring more to the Mercedes table in terms of develoment and input.

The fact is there are slower drivers on the grid than Schumi filling up race seats.

I reckon Schumi is in pretty much the right car for his abilities at the moment. I also tend to think Nico is being wasted and should be in a faster car.

#11519 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:56

Cry me a river!

Advertisement

#11520 Goron3

Goron3

• 665 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:57

Given Michael's race pace is either better or faster than Nico at most races, your point is invalid. You only had to see their pace at Silverstone to see who was much faster, it was mentioned several times by journalists since. And this is coming from someone who thinks Rosberg is a very impressive driver.

Can people seriously stop posting such crap on this forum, either as an attempt to troll or just as anti schumacher fans trying to have some fun. Any forum is going to get trolls but reading through some of these pages is just embarrassing.

#11521 as65p

as65p

• 17,795 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:59

Cry me a river!

Well, that stance I actually support. As long as he's got the seat, he got it (for whatever reason). No use complaining - I wouldn't anyway because it's all good fun watching him these days. :p

#11522 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:01

Given Michael's race pace is either better or faster than Nico at most races, your point is invalid. You only had to see their pace at Silverstone to see who was much faster, it was mentioned several times by journalists since. And this is coming from someone who thinks Rosberg is a very impressive driver.

Can people seriously stop posting such crap on this forum, either as an attempt to troll or just as anti schumacher fans trying to have some fun. Any forum is going to get trolls but reading through some of these pages is just embarrassing.

and the funny part is no Mods ever try to stop this...this only happens in Schumy threads...Kinda gives me a feeling that the Mods love or relish these posts! Maybe they also want to post such thing but cant do it,,... which is really disturbing.!!
probably i will get a warning or my post will be deleted :lol: well i dont care.

#11523 as65p

as65p

• 17,795 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:04

...this only happens in Schumy threads...

:drunk: Wut?

You should go out more, starting with visiting other drivers threads... :)

#11524 topical

topical

• 2,301 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:22

MS' race pace is better this year (when he's not crashing into people) but his qualy pace is a disaster. Just look at his figures against his old teammates and compare them to his statistics against Rosberg. I don't think Rosberg is any better than Barrichello or Massa were and MS destroyed those drivers. So either you have to admit he has lost several tenths since those days, and hence is really no longer worthy of a top seat, or there was some other reason why he was beating them by big margins. Either way, you don't have a leg to stand on.

#11525 baddog

baddog

• 23,626 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:25

No-one in the sport cares about qualification for itself. The final result on sunday is the only thing of any importance, and thats a different story altogether.

That said, Michael's qualy is NOT good enough still.

#11526 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:46

Ok guys guess on which lap he will lose his front wing!

Not gonna ask against whom as that would be too easy.

My guess: lap 7 :up:

#11527 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,432 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:46

Against Petrov, surely.

#11528 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:48

Ok guys guess on which lap he will lose his front wing!

Not gonna ask against whom as that would be too easy.

My guess: lap 7 :up:

My guess:1st lap.

#11529 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:53

Lol, its not funny cos its true!!!

Lap 3. Against Petrov.

#11530 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:58

He will lose it for second time in lap 8th.

#11531 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:59

Hopefully somewhere were he doesn't lose too much time going to the pits and also no penalty pls. :lol:

#11532 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:00

Hopefully somewhere were he doesn't lose too much time going to the pits and also no penalty pls. :lol:

It is Germany, so no penalty.  ;)

#11533 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:01

Have faith in the Regenmeister.

#11534 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:17

In some laps Michael is clearly saving his tyres? Maybe to last longer?

#11535 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:44

Awesome race pace thrown away again.

#11536 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:45

Petrov's fault.

#11537 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:48

Thrown away very good race pace with a stupid mistake. He'll finish nowhere now.

Very frustrating, he was faster than Rosberg in the 2nd stint.

Very, very annoying.

#11538 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:52

Faster than Rosberg again, mistake again, less points again.
See ya next week

#11539 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,722 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:52

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Advertisement

#11540 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:02

Interesting to see the Stewards being so lenient on Buemi.... :cat:

#11541 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:12

Why, Michael ,why you have to do it always the hardest way???? Next, Perez and Petrov. What is happening all the time in sector 1?

Edited by ivand911, 24 July 2011 - 13:14.

#11542 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:14

I thought Michael should have taken a risk on switching to a 2-stop and going straight to the hard tyre.

Its about a second a lap slower, but with the track temp so low the softs aren't really working. With 20 laps to go it might have worked as a gamble, at worst the time lost would be equal to a pit stop. Anyway.

#11543 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:25

Michael is fastest from the rest. It is Schumy time. :love:

#11544 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:27

Frustrating to see what would have been possible, again :(

#11545 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:28

He's looking great, and faster than Nico.

Too late, too late.

Damn that spin.

#11546 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:43

Once again faster than Nico on race pace, once again stupid mistake.

#11547 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:44

He's looking great, and faster than Nico.

Too late, too late.

Damn that spin.

So unfortunate. But he has no one to blame but himself. It's just happening too frequently now, too many mistakes. I don't like to use "if only", but sadly, he might have had a shot at finishing ahead of Sutil, not only Rosberg.

#11548 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:48

As frustrated as I am, Michael gave me some great racing and overtakes today. Can't complain on that score, at times he thrilled me, at times I despaired.

Same as always really :)

#11549 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:48

Race pace is still there :up: But again one mistake and he lost too many times on it. Anyway, it was very good race for Michael :)

#11550 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 13:49

Questionable how it can go from 5-1 sec slower in qualifying to reverse in the race.
The last sector was no issue anymore today.