Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#11801 as65p

as65p

• 18,466 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 21:23

The DNF was very annoying, could have been a good race in the later stages considering the pace he showed early on. Real shame.

That's the spirit, using the DNF as a means to fantazise about a miracle in the later stages of the race. :drunk: :p

Advertisement

#11802 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 21:55

are the mods ever going to do anything about the trolls?

no doubt i get a ban for this but the trolls get to carry on

#11803 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 21:59

no they aren't unfortunately mods around here only look for clicks on the website and increased traffic.

btw, expect both of our messages to be deleted and a public message to address stuff via "report a post". not that anything happens when you report it...

#11804 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 21:59

3 years ago, he was at Enzo's house, testing the ferrari right up until Spa

:up: I totaly agree with you, but unfortunately time is changing =/

Actually Michael said that he didn't want to hit Massa so he span deliberately to avoid the crash.

Ah the romance of racing for Ferrari and staying at "il enginere's" place. :lol: Not in Michael's era though, Enzo died in 1988 and AFAIK MS wouldn't have met him.

To the point about him working tirelessly to drive the team forward to competitiveness, same old stuff. The days of the "turn up on race weekend and drive it how you found it" are long gone. Most of the modern drivers work as hard as they are allowed to in these, errrr, cost saving days. I'm sure almost every driver and team out there would love to be pounding around developing their package during the holiday. Michael's "legendary" quality of car development doesn't seem to be playing out in his second coming with a team which have gone from world champions in 2009 to midfielders at present. A lot of factors involved I realise but Michael isn't the miracle man we saw manhandling some average Ferraris around in the 90s. That's what I find sad about continuing this battle against younger and sharper and hungrier men.

#11805 baddog

baddog

• 24,021 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 22:04

I was particularly delighted by Martin Brundles bizarre insistence that schumacher had 'ended his own race' with that trivial half spin.. Yeah Martin, totally his own fault the gearbox let go.

#11806 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 22:08

I report the trolls every time - nothing happens - yet I see a number of threads closed with even less trolling...but it's been teh same for years when it involves Schumacher - you can say and do what you like and nothing happens. I once got a post deleted and called a zenophobe just for highlighting a posters nationality (that he in fact used in his name on this forum)...go figure

Edited by Raelene, 31 July 2011 - 22:09.

#11807 GreyArrow

GreyArrow

• 281 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 22:25

Poor Michael seems to be getting paid back for all those years of bullet-proof reliability at the Scuderia.

You seem to forget his fair share unreliability during his earlier years at Ferrari.

#11808 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 23:24

I was particularly delighted by Martin Brundles bizarre insistence that schumacher had 'ended his own race' with that trivial half spin.. Yeah Martin, totally his own fault the gearbox let go.

the bbc didnt even mention is was a DNF did they? no mention of it on Teds pit report after the race either :rolleyes: the bbc really do seem to have some agenda going on

#11809 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,141 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:43

To be fair to the Mods, in my dealings with them they seem a reasonable bunch and they're doing a thankless task.

To be honest, dealing with the trolls on this thread alone is probably an all day job, let alone the liars, psychos & nutjobs that sit in on the Hamilton & Button threads.

They ask for reports to be filed. So I suggest everytime the trolls post something dumb, everyone reports it. Until then, just stick the stnuc on ignore and hope no-one quotes them!

Back on thread, it's unfortunate today ended how it did, I'm convinced MS had the legs of NR and the switch to inters by NR would surely have played into MS's hands. One other thing though, as MS went onto Primes, it could be argued his retirement possibly cost Hamilton as well.... had MS been able to lap competitively and keep the tyres alive, maybe LH does get Primes on lap 40.

But then the conspiracy loving nut-huggers on the LH thread would have had little to talk about......

#11810 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:21

To be fair to the Mods, in my dealings with them they seem a reasonable bunch and they're doing a thankless task.

To be honest, dealing with the trolls on this thread alone is probably an all day job, let alone the liars, psychos & nutjobs that sit in on the Hamilton & Button threads.

They ask for reports to be filed. So I suggest everytime the trolls post something dumb, everyone reports it. Until then, just stick the stnuc on ignore and hope no-one quotes them!

Back on thread, it's unfortunate today ended how it did, I'm convinced MS had the legs of NR and the switch to inters by NR would surely have played into MS's hands. One other thing though, as MS went onto Primes, it could be argued his retirement possibly cost Hamilton as well.... had MS been able to lap competitively and keep the tyres alive, maybe LH does get Primes on lap 40.

But then the conspiracy loving nut-huggers on the LH thread would have had little to talk about......

they know who is only here to cause trouble one seems to be a long term poster and its just accepted thats how he is the problem is people are seeing him get away with it and now we have a bunch of relatively new users who dont have many posts that only come on here to cause trouble.

take alook at some of the post histories one only ever posts in the schumacher threads and the alonso ones trolling both of their fans

#11811 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:40

To be even more fair to the mods, they can not delete or ban every one accused of being a troll. Some people on this thread have troll tourettes! Every post they make they accuse someone else of being a troll, even when that person's post is simply that of a different opinion. When even long time posting Schumacher fans are getting accused of being trolls it really shows the credibility of the accusations.

"Schumacher eats dog shit! have fun with that!" is trolling. "I don't agree that Schumacher was faster in this race, because..." (and goes on to write several sentences, and even replies to several posts regarding their own) is not trolling. If you find the later trolling you obviously have a problem with other peoples opinions. If that is the case, you can not blame the mods for that, and you probably shouldn't waist your time (or sanity) being on an internet forum.

Constantly interrupting discussions with; "don't reply to that person they are just a troll. Where are the mods?" is adding nothing to the thread, and is it self a form of trolling.

#11812 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,629 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:56

Constantly interrupting discussions with; "don't reply to that person they are just a troll. Where are the mods?" is adding nothing to the thread, and is it self a form of trolling.

Check out this troll.

Very disappointed with the BBC coverage, we got practically no comment on what happened to Schumacher.

#11813 baddog

baddog

• 24,021 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:58

Don't like to go off topic but I think there is a common misconception here

Trolling is saying things you don't think in order to provoke other people. Anyone who does that on any forum with reasonable moderation is going to eventually get kicked out. We don't get a lot of Trolls here I think, most of the bashers actually ARE that sad ;)

What goes on here is mostly good old fashioned flame-baiting, and this is addressed in the forum rules posts. Essentially if you post 'OMFG Schumacher is useless, washed up and should retire, not that he was ever any good' then you are flame-baiting. You are making hyperbolic statements calculated to make people angry. This is not banned, but it IS an invitation to be flamed for it.

I hope the mods wont mind me quoting the rules post here:
"Those who elect to take upon themselves a crusade on a particularly controversial issue should bear in mind that they themselves are bound to be scorned back for their views. You cannot stand in the city square and tell everyone they are blind fools (and telling all JV fans that he's the worst driver ever, or telling Schumacher fans that he's nothing but a cheater, is exactly that - either way, you are telling those fans that they are blind fools) and expect it to go unnoticed. If you get a tomato in your face, you should also ask yourself if you didn't ask for it.

Having said that, it should be made clear that counterattacking a poster is different to personally insulting someone. Telling someone that his post is ridiculous, or even that he's a liar is not the same as telling someone "you are an idiot who should be shot to death". We will tolerate to a large extent the first but not the second. "

#11814 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:07

it becomes trolling when the person continually comes into the thread and posts flames.....

#11815 mrmusicman

mrmusicman

• 276 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:52

What goes on here is mostly good old fashioned flame-baiting, and this is addressed in the forum rules posts. Essentially if you post 'OMFG Schumacher is useless, washed up and should retire, not that he was ever any good' then you are flame-baiting. You are making hyperbolic statements calculated to make people angry. This is not banned, but it IS an invitation to be flamed for it.

How is saying Michael is washed up and should retire flame baiting when its true? You should not blame others for your lack of tolerance of other people's opinions. Flame baiting would be saying Michael sucked and was washed up 5 years ago.

#11816 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:20

While there is a clear trend of things working better for MS this year I see the last year repeating... i.e. even when MS seems to have an edge over Nico there is some series of misfortunes and mistakes that create an overall impession of huge unsatisfaction. I understand it's all relative and not a single driver of current generation will likely be around at the age of 42 showing race craft comparable to MS yet we all expect him to fight for the top positions and when he does not [for whatever reasons] it is viewed as a failure.

#11817 HP

HP

• 14,711 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:23

Too bad that the gearbox went. could have been entertaining.

How is saying Michael is washed up and should retire flame baiting when its true? You should not blame others for your lack of tolerance of other people's opinions. Flame baiting would be saying Michael sucked and was washed up 5 years ago.

MS is washed up is an opinion that not everyone would agree with. With this kind of thinking and saying it's true, we could start retiring almost every driver on the grid. There are always people that want certain drivers to retire. I think it has been said about most drivers on the grid, especially if they don't perform to certain expectations.

However Mercedes still want MS, MS still wants to drive. That's all that matters and it's the reality. Once Mercedes wants another driver, or MS has had enough, then reality will change. Our opinions have no beaing on those calling the shots at Mercedes. Even if the only reason they currently hold on to MS would be PR related. It's their call, and theirs only.

#11818 mrmusicman

mrmusicman

• 276 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:26

MS is washed up is an opinion that not everyone would agree with. With this kind of thinking and saying it's true, we could start retiring almost every driver on the grid. There are always people that want certain drivers to retire. I think it has been said about most drivers on the grid, especially if they don't perform to certain expectations.

The whole point of this place is to share opinions. Not many other 43 year olds on the grid getting totally dominated by their team mates 2 years running.

However Mercedes still want MS,

Thats opinion.

#11819 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:28

The whole point of this place is to share opinions. Not many other 43 year olds on the grid getting totally dominated by their team mates 2 years running.

Thats opinion.

His lap times are comparable to the 'hotshot' Rosberg which indicates that he is still fast enough for F1.

His drives in Monaco and Canada also suggest he warrants a place in F1. Indeed, without DRS, a 2nd place was definately on the horizon.

The problem is that both drivers are better deserving of a better car. The MGP W01 is a solid midfield car and incidents will occur with other amibtious drivers. Rosberg is the consistent of the two while MS is more fighty (I would have expected it have been the other way around). Both are competant enough and deserve better.

Advertisement

#11820 man

man

• 1,303 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:47

His lap times are comparable to the 'hotshot' Rosberg which indicates that he is still fast enough for F1.

His drives in Monaco and Canada also suggest he warrants a place in F1. Indeed, without DRS, a 2nd place was definately on the horizon.

The problem is that both drivers are better deserving of a better car. The MGP W01 is a solid midfield car and incidents will occur with other amibtious drivers. Rosberg is the consistent of the two while MS is more fighty (I would have expected it have been the other way around). Both are competant enough and deserve better.

Both drivers deserve a better car? I see no logic to this. M Schumacher clearly isn't able to do his current car justice when comparing his speed in qualifying, the number of mistakes he makes, the crashes he has had and the the results he has achieved alongside Rosberg. First he has to at least attempt to match Rosberg before we can say he is doing the Merc justice. Bad workman blames his tools. So M Schumacher's first goal has to be to be as cool, as fast and as mistake-free as Rosberg before he can even think about saying he deserves a better car. For Rosberg, he is always the driver that makes less mistakes qualifies better and finishes ahead for the merc team so perhaps he does have a case of deserving a better car but I feel there are drivers in inferior cars to the Merc who are better/faster drivers than Rosberg.

#11821 mrmusicman

mrmusicman

• 276 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:51

Outqualified 10-1 and by 1 second 3 times suggests otherwise.

#11822 man

man

• 1,303 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:00

M Schumacher is a more "fighty" driver? Hehe. Well when you fail to do your car justice by being outqualified by inferior cars and inexperienced drivers and when you qualify so poorly, logic suggests the only way is up. It is rather easier to look fighty. But judging by the number of crashes he has and mistakes he makes it seems more like desperate driving without coolness. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Rosberg on the other hand is far more professional, he is cooler under pressure, appears to do his car more justice in qualifying and races and most importantly finishes at the chequered flag first of the mercs time and again.

#11823 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:21

i think he was talking about Races not Quly!
and BTW you dont get points for Qualifying.

#11824 mrmusicman

mrmusicman

• 276 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:31

i think he was talking about Races not Quly!
and BTW you dont get points for Qualifying.

How many races has Michael beaten Rosberg fair and square? His fans love comparing stints which favour Michael and don't take into account different strategy and traffic so it gives the illusion that Michael has good pace but whenever I see them together I see Rosberg clearly quicker.

#11825 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:32

How many races has Michael beaten Rosberg fair and square? His fans love comparing stints which favour Michael and don't take into account different strategy and traffic so it gives the illusion that Michael has good pace but whenever I see them together I see Rosberg clearly quicker.

neither of them had traffic in hungary :wave:

#11826 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:15

I was absent this weekend and hardly managed to watch the race. So, didn't bother to go back through the thread.

My view is that considering the starting positions of both Mercedes drivers, their magnificent start and fall back, then MS DNF and NR behind Buemi (who started almost last) at the finish, we should simply stop throwing energy in vain as it's clear what a dog of a car they have and also that the team strategists lack something major.

Edited by sharo, 01 August 2011 - 11:16.

#11827 ramad

ramad

• 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:50

I was absent this weekend and hardly managed to watch the race. So, didn't bother to go back through the thread.

My view is that considering the starting positions of both Mercedes drivers, their magnificent start and fall back, then MS DNF and NR behind Buemi (who started almost last) at the finish, we should simply stop throwing energy in vain as it's clear what a dog of a car they have and also that the team strategists lack something major.

:up:

#11828 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 13:02

I thought that Michael would have better time in his second round. To win another championship probably wasn't in the cards, but this beast of a car is pure evil. Well, we will be now crusing for next 7.5 mths, and I hope he will enjoy it.

#11829 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 13:11

Race pace.

#11830 as65p

as65p

• 18,466 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 22:53

Race pace.

Finishing positions.

#11831 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 22:57

Finishing positions.

5-9th. Yes, history will drool over them.

And quali results are misleading. That's why race pace is relevant.

Edited by Diablobb81, 01 August 2011 - 22:59.

#11832 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 759 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 00:35

Out of ten races that Rosberg has finished this year, he's finished a lap down four times and two laps down once.

#11833 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 610 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 00:42

Ofc i think everyone acknowledges that the W02 sucks. What i would like to see as an MS fan is more consistent race results, i think that he still has something to offer even if the peak of his career is long gone, so i would like to see something better in the races and a few more points. In the end it won't matter much to anyone whether MS finishes 8th in WDC or 10th it's just the impression at the end of the season and i would like to have a better one. I think the race pace is there but he needs better results, some 6ths or 7ths, i want to see some improvement from his part and from the car in Spa, Monza and Singapore, after that the car wil remain the same as it has already been mentioned in the W02 thread.

I don't expect miracles just a little bit of improvement. Still, at the end of the day i believe that the drivers are the minor of MGP's problems. When they deliver a good car and better strategic decisions we can talk about the drivers and whether they are underperforming.

Edited by Lelouch, 02 August 2011 - 00:43.

#11834 as65p

as65p

• 18,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:24

5-9th. Yes, history will drool over them.

And quali results are misleading. That's why race pace is relevant.

I get the impression it's made relevant because there are so many ways to twist all those numbers until they fit. :)

Meanwhile back in reality the things that count are still the same as they always where: points, podiums, wins.

#11835 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:49

I get the impression it's made relevant because there are so many ways to twist all those numbers until they fit. :)

Meanwhile back in reality the things that count are still the same as they always where: points, podiums, wins.

i get the impression teams rate drivers based on how fast they are which is why hamilton and alonso are so highly rated. and people who are reliable finishes arent wanted as much but we all know your motive for posting in here anyway

#11836 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:19

Numbers are numbers.You don't need to fit anything to realize that the better pace in quali never translates in better race pace for Nico. And Ross explained why.

And with his drives this year Nico isn't impressing anyone. I said last year and i'll continue to say it : he focuses too much on just beating Michael and nothing else.Hence he focuses more on quali. It is Nico that needs to show drives like Michael in Canada and not Michael. He proved enough.

In the end, Michael needs just one good race to wipe out Nico's lead in points. And from i've seen this year Michael has more chances to get that good result, rather than Nico.

#11837 as65p

as65p

• 18,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:33

i get the impression teams rate drivers based on how fast they are which is why hamilton and alonso are so highly rated. and people who are reliable finishes arent wanted as much but we all know your motive for posting in here anyway

You mean just as we know your motives, and the one for your avatar too? :p

Anyway, you talk as if MS has a significant advantage in race pace, which is plain not true. He's just clöser than in qualifying, sometimes even ahead in carefully by his fans selected samples of laps, but even then only by small margins. Contrary to qualifying or number of driving mistakers, where frankly it has been a slaughtering this season, even more embarassing than last year.

Speaking of how teams rate driver, sure they rate speed, but that's by no means everything, obviously. De Cesaris was pretty fast too on his day...

#11838 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:58

You mean just as we know your motives, and the one for your avatar too? :p

Anyway, you talk as if MS has a significant advantage in race pace, which is plain not true. He's just clöser than in qualifying, sometimes even ahead in carefully by his fans selected samples of laps, but even then only by small margins. Contrary to qualifying or number of driving mistakers, where frankly it has been a slaughtering this season, even more embarassing than last year.
Speaking of how teams rate driver, sure they rate speed, but that's by no means everything, obviously. De Cesaris was pretty fast too on his day...

Any prove or just empty words??

#11839 as65p

as65p

• 18,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:00

Any prove or just empty words??

Read the thread.

Advertisement

#11840 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:12

Read the thread.

Empty words then! If there was mistakes(falsification) of any numbers, this could be easily proven. Didn't see that for now, and usually guys here use outside statistics.
Like this one:
http://en.mclarenf-1.....=Nico Rosberg

Edited by ivand911, 02 August 2011 - 11:13.

#11841 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,555 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:13

Funny you say that. If I read the thread and other forums I see pictures with full race laptimes analysis proving Schumacher is doing better on average racepace because he splits his race into different performance parts. He usually is (very) good off the line, making up spots and reasonable in the next laps, then dropping back a couple of seconds before getting back up to full speed and going faster. He's having to wait for the ideal stop strategy due to Rosberg being allowed to get the jump on that one because he is in front. With tyre wear being the same (I feel) on both cars he usually lags a lap behind Rosberg and loses out a bit when he's driving on the edge of the cliff.

And yes, when Schumacher was falling back those seconds after the first laps when being passed by Alonso, I was facepalming already but he came back very well. He's doing better, not perfect, but I think he'll get there if all pieces fall in their place. Named: car speed, reliability/driver errors (I'll put that one on having average equipment having to fend off equal or better cars, then it's easy to cross the limit. No excuse, going for it is good but agression is not the way to win WDC's these years), extra qualifying pace.

#11842 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 4,206 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 13:47

Of which Schumacher has 1,473, 154, and 91, while Rosberg has 265.5, 5, and zero.

#11843 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 13:50

Of which Schumacher has 1,473, 154, and 91, while Rosberg has 265.5, 5, and zero.

Well, to be fair, Nico has 9 more races than Michael has wins.

:rotfl:

Edited by Diablobb81, 02 August 2011 - 13:57.

#11844 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 13:58

Numbers are numbers.You don't need to fit anything to realize that the better pace in quali never translates in better race pace for Nico. And Ross explained why.

And with his drives this year Nico isn't impressing anyone. I said last year and i'll continue to say it : he focuses too much on just beating Michael and nothing else.Hence he focuses more on quali. It is Nico that needs to show drives like Michael in Canada and not Michael. He proved enough.

In the end, Michael needs just one good race to wipe out Nico's lead in points. And from i've seen this year Michael has more chances to get that good result, rather than Nico.

So true :up: :up:

BTW where did Ross explained that?

#11845 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 14:01

So true :up: :up:

BTW where did Ross explained that?

"The Briton also suggested the W03 would feature a longer wheelbase as the team has experienced difficulties with the current car to find a set-up that works as well on light fuel in qualifying and full tanks in the race.

“Probably yes,” he said when asked if the wheelbase would be lengthened on next year’s car.

“One of the main things [problems] is obviously when it’s full of fuel because the fuel tank’s shorter then it’s higher, so that doesn’t help. We’re finding that we’re having to balance between what we choose for qualifying and what we choose for the race, we’re having to find more of a compromise between the two.

“Obviously what you ideally want is a set-up that works in qualifying and you can just take straight into the race because these days there are very few changes you can make. But we don’t seem to have hit that sweet spot in terms of the position of the fuel when the car’s full [of fuel] and the height of the fuel when the car’s full.”

http://www.itv.com/f...-mercedes-4637/

#11846 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 16:21

"The Briton also suggested the W03 would feature a longer wheelbase as the team has experienced difficulties with the current car to find a set-up that works as well on light fuel in qualifying and full tanks in the race.

“Probably yes,” he said when asked if the wheelbase would be lengthened on next year’s car.

“One of the main things [problems] is obviously when it’s full of fuel because the fuel tank’s shorter then it’s higher, so that doesn’t help. We’re finding that we’re having to balance between what we choose for qualifying and what we choose for the race, we’re having to find more of a compromise between the two.

“Obviously what you ideally want is a set-up that works in qualifying and you can just take straight into the race because these days there are very few changes you can make. But we don’t seem to have hit that sweet spot in terms of the position of the fuel when the car’s full [of fuel] and the height of the fuel when the car’s full.”

http://www.itv.com/f...-mercedes-4637/

Thanks. So this finally proves that they have different set-ups on Saturday. Michael's setup is more into a race, when Nico's is more into quali. That's why the big gap in the qualifications...They go on different way to score a good result by the end of the weekend. Michael realized that because of the new rules(tyres, KERS, DRS) qualifications aren't that important as they were before so he focus for the race.
I believe Nico wants to be better in qualifications just to beat his teammate and because he doesn't have good racecraft to climb up on the race.
If they will ever get a competitive car I believe the situation will not be different just on the race pace and those details, I believe the situation will change on the standings.

#11847 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 16:28

Well, to be fair, Nico has 9 more races than Michael has wins.

:rotfl:

Ouch.

Now that's a devastating statistic.

#11848 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 17:34

Ouch.

And after next year he has done as many seasons as.....

Who wants to finish this one? :smoking:

#11849 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 3,656 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 17:40

Ouch.

Rosberg's not the best of the crop obviously (a solid second tier driver, with the likes of Webber, Massa), but then he's only ever driven mediocre cars. He's been 'best of the rest' for 3 seasons running at Williams\Merc. He scored all of Williams points for 2009. Virtually zero retirements in the last 4 seasons (just two collisions, a few mechanical). Perhaps a handful of drivers (eg Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel) could have done notably better in those trucks, given the superiority of RBR\Ferrari\McLaren recently.

Consistency is something that Mercedes needs to stay ahead of Renault in the championship.

I don't see anyone calling Heidfeld a bad driver because he hasn't won yet..

#11850 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 17:47

Certainly Merc has to beat Renault. That's one reason why Michael's mistakes in races have to stop and he has to gain more points.

Two good race tracks are next. I hope we see some good results.