Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#12051 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:48

i'd be worried if nico showed faster laptimes in the races but recently he hasnt its not the laptimes that get remembered though its the end result.

Advertisement

#12052 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:53

http://www.corriered...

Corriere dello Sport has deleted that article! It doesn't exist anymore!

What does that mean?

http://www.bild.de/s...10050.bild.html

Sabine Kehm: "Since his comeback to Formula 1, Michael has never spoken to anyone from Corriere dello Sport."

#12053 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:20

Alot of people have lost perspective, 42 years old and a few tenths off the pace, it really isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. He has achieved everything a driver can and will always be one of the F1 legends, nothing can change that.

This. Perspective is lacking around here, though when another star driver from the current grid makes his way back at 40+ and is multiple seconds off the pace I will still be here laughing my ass off. :up:

#12054 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:03

It is not even a few thenth, it has become less and Rosberg was once considered to be a possible challenger for Lewis Hamiltonm if given a top car.

#12055 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:50

Sabine Kehm: "Since his comeback to Formula 1, Michael has never spoken to anyone from Corriere dello Sport."

OH THANKS GOD :D

#12056 AirWebber

AirWebber

• 292 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:57

A lot of famous people said the same about "News of the World". :wave:

#12057 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:16

I don't know, can something be shocking and yet at the same time expected?

If Kostya Tszyu came back to boxing now he would lose, a LOT, it would be expected and certainly not shocking. However in now way would I think his record is in any way diminished, he was a beast of a fighter, one of the greatest. It's the nature of sport, you get old, you get beaten.

Is Tiger Woods suddenly the worst golfer ever? Or perhaps the 31 people that came ahead of him last week are better than he ever was?

Michael was great, the only question is whether he still has the ability to beat the young guns, I personally think he has, I think with the right equipment he could certainly surprise a few people. But sure, others may disagree and say he's washed up, fair enough, but to suggest that he's a bad driver, overated, worse than Rosberg (even in his prime) that's just silly. So to those that say these things, I do question your mental health!!

I'm sorry but your boxing comparisons don't wash at all, my belief is Michael is fully up to speed and just isn't the force he was when the competition wasn't as strong. If Alonso had have been in the ferraris of 05-06 he would have won those titles too

#12058 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:24

He does, but he's not the same driver he was, this doesnt hurt the legend as it is not the legend of 1991 to 2006.
It is the 42 year old driver who had a 3 year break and is knowhere near his prime that gets beat by rosberg.

If Michael isn't fully upto speed as a driver after 2 years in the game then surely his ability must be questioned. I doubt Michael as lost much pace if any, that is just a convenient excuse to the fanboys who thought he would blow nico away. Can't you guys comprehend that maybe nico is that bit faster than Michael as ever been?

#12059 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,721 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:49

I'm sorry but your boxing comparisons don't wash at all, my belief is Michael is fully up to speed and just isn't the force he was when the competition wasn't as strong. If Alonso had have been in the ferraris of 05-06 he would have won those titles too

in ferrari 05 ?
that's bellow laughable.

Advertisement

#12060 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,960 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:22

If Michael isn't fully upto speed as a driver after 2 years in the game then surely his ability must be questioned. I doubt Michael as lost much pace if any, that is just a convenient excuse to the fanboys who thought he would blow nico away. Can't you guys comprehend that maybe nico is that bit faster than Michael as ever been?

No because it ignores many other factors. You're just using it as an excuse to prop up a weak argument.

Schumacher is not the same as he was when he was in his prime. Even the detractors - and there are many - will say he isn't the same force.

To say that Schumacher is as fast now as he was in his prime and Nico still would have blown him away is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time on here.

#12061 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:26

Liked this quote:
"Jemand, der demnächst sein 20-jähriges Jubiläum in der Formel 1 feiert, weiß, dass Beharrlichkeit viel ausmachen kann."

Someone like him who is to celebrate his 20 years in F1 soon, knows how persistence can make a difference.

Hope they have something nice planned for him to celebrate this occasion.

#12062 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:33

No because it ignores many other factors. You're just using it as an excuse to prop up a weak argument.

Schumacher is not the same as he was when he was in his prime. Even the detractors - and there are many - will say he isn't the same force.

To say that Schumacher is as fast now as he was in his prime and Nico still would have blown him away is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time on here.

Barrichello is near enough the same age as Schumacher and has been an average racer throughout his career, he hasn't lost his speed with age as he beat hulkenberg lastyear and is beating maldanado this year, so I'm not buying the age excuse. As for the new regulations since his layoff excuse, I'm not having that either as the 2010 tyres were different from 09 so they both started off on a level playing field just have they have this year. I believe that if the likes of Hamilton, Alonso and rosberg etc were in the samecars as Michael they would win as many as him if not more throughout his career

Edited by spa08, 10 August 2011 - 11:38.

#12063 GerhardBerger

GerhardBerger

• 510 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:44

Barrichello is near enough the same age as Schumacher and has been an average racer throughout his career, he hasn't lost his speed with age as he beat hulkenberg lastyear and is beating maldanado this year, so I'm not buying the age excuse. As for the new regulations since his layoff excuse, I'm not having that either as the 2010 tyres were different from 09 so they both started off on a level playing field just have they have this year. I believe that if the likes of Hamilton, Alonso and rosberg etc were in the samecars as Michael they would win as many as him if not more throughout his career

We don't know how good Hulkeburg/Maldonando are. They havn't raced against any other teammate. Eitherway, i don't think Barrichello is as good as he was at his peak. Drivers lose their speed with age - that is why they tend to retire when they reach their late 30s and early 40s.

#12064 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:53

We don't know how good Hulkeburg/Maldonando are. They havn't raced against any other teammate. Eitherway, i don't think Barrichello is as good as he was at his peak. Drivers lose their speed with age - that is why they tend to retire when they reach their late 30s and early 40s.

I believe they retire because they lose their commitment not their speed, they both are good drivers as they are gp2 champions. Can't you possibly accept there is a chance that rosberg is the better driver?

#12065 CodeRacing

CodeRacing

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:01

One thing I'll respect about Shumacher was that he was rarely the kind of driver who just did mathematical calculations in his head and sit behind other cars because he didn't want to risk having a go. For as many times he won the championship he was still willing to fight on the track for it. I think a years like 2000/2003/2006 displayed the kind of competitiveness he had.

That's what I want to see in a driver and Shumacher had that in spades.

#12066 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,099 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:06

Barrichello didn't take 3 years out of the sport. Some may argue Barrichello didn't have that much speed to lose anyway. (Probably unfair, but he does strike me as another JB, needing a perfect car to perform and whining uncontrollably when he doesn't get it).

Anyone who uses a name relating to what some (deluded and not knowing the regs) regard as a ridiculous race penalty, appears frequently on McLaren pages, and is known for outrageous comments is also less than likely to be fair towards MS and/or Ferrari. To say that others drivers could repeat or better what MS did for Ferrari is just another effort to belittle his achievements. It's possible they could, it's also possible the MS from 97-98 would blast everyone given a RB from today.........

The current Merc is acknowledged to need vastly varied qualifying & race set ups... The philosophy of each driver seems set right now, NR goes for qualy pace and often goes backwards in the race, MS qualies poorly by comparison but is often faster in the race. This method though is costing him when he gets involved in midfield battles often necessitating pitstops - for this alone MS is letting himself down -. However, if he continues as he has done, I expect him to keep the pressure on NR throughout the season and hope for a more neutral car next year allowing a better qualy/race pace general set up.

#12067 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:26

Schumacher Eyes Return to Retirement

According to the story, it might make way for DiResta. It would be nice for DiResta but a shame if Schumacher does not finish out.

di Resta?

lol

Sutil has more than twice points than him.

Imho I don't think MS will retire in the end of this season and Merc would be fool is they bring di Resta to his place...

#12068 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:27

Barrichello didn't take 3 years out of the sport. Some may argue Barrichello didn't have that much speed to lose anyway. (Probably unfair, but he does strike me as another JB, needing a perfect car to perform and whining uncontrollably when he doesn't get it).

Anyone who uses a name relating to what some (deluded and not knowing the regs) regard as a ridiculous race penalty, appears frequently on McLaren pages, and is known for outrageous comments is also less than likely to be fair towards MS and/or Ferrari. To say that others drivers could repeat or better what MS did for Ferrari is just another effort to belittle his achievements. It's possible they could, it's also possible the MS from 97-98 would blast everyone given a RB from today.........

The current Merc is acknowledged to need vastly varied qualifying & race set ups... The philosophy of each driver seems set right now, NR goes for qualy pace and often goes backwards in the race, MS qualies poorly by comparison but is often faster in the race. This method though is costing him when he gets involved in midfield battles often necessitating pitstops - for this alone MS is letting himself down -. However, if he continues as he has done, I expect him to keep the pressure on NR throughout the season and hope for a more neutral car next year allowing a better qualy/race pace general set up.

Like I said the regulations and tyres were new for every driver in 2010, schumacer had plenty of preparation for his return so he was far from rusty, even less so this year. Another point barrichello is an average driver whereas Michael is the so called greatest of all time. And what makes you think my name makes me dislike Schumacher??? I like Michael but I'm afraid he's ran out of excuses

#12069 MarioKart

MarioKart

• 142 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:47

I guess you never seen young Schumacher race,or seen how good he really was when he didn't have the best car. And I was never his fan,but boy was he good.
Schumi had it all as a driver,a complete package. He's 43 now and still performing,the Canada race was a glimpse of what he can actually do still at 43 years young.
He's one of the greatest athletes (not just drivers) of all time,and you say he's overrated?

The man is a living LEGEND!

Great post!
My favourite Schumi year was 96' , he was just magic. The mid-nineties were a special time seeing him LIVE on TV fighting all the way to the top of the podium. :smoking:

#12070 GerhardBerger

GerhardBerger

• 510 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 13:09

I believe they retire because they lose their commitment not their speed, they both are good drivers as they are gp2 champions. Can't you possibly accept there is a chance that rosberg is the better driver?

The 2 are not mutually exclusive my friend, and drivers retire for a range of reasons. You will find that most F1 drivers lose their speed as they approach retirement age.

As for Maldonando/Hulkenberg, we do not know how good they are in F1 terms. Plenty of drivers in the past have come to F1 as champions from lower formulas, but then went on to achieve very little in F1.

Rosberg is better at this point in time - that much is clear.

Is Schumacher as good as he was 10-15 years? no i don't think so.

#12071 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 13:16

Is Schumacher as good as he was 10-15 years? no i don't think so.

Lauda says the same HERE

#12072 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,960 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 13:22

Now? Yes

In Schumacher's prime? No chance.

Can you accept that?

#12073 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 13:47

I like Michael but I'm afraid he's ran out of excuses

What excuses is he making in public? (I am not privy to his private conversations). I think that you may find out that it is actually his fans, self included, who do rationalizing search for possible explanation for his performance. I have an opinion on that as a next poster, but making excuses? Well, that presupposes that you know that everything elses is just problem free, and he alone is responsible for not being on the podium. I would not be able to make such determination.

#12074 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,266 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 13:57

This. Perspective is lacking around here, though when another star driver from the current grid makes his way back at 40+ and is multiple seconds off the pace I will still be here laughing my ass off. :up:

Unfortunately, I think Schumacher himself may have turned a few of them off of the idea. :p

#12075 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:20

Now? Yes

In Schumacher's prime? No chance.

Can you accept that?

There's no evidence to suggest that nico wouldn't be able to match micheal in his prime, I for one believe he could.

#12076 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:21

OMG, two and half weeks from this shit! :rolleyes: MS at 42 is still real treasure for F1. Making people to go and see GP. I visit two GP because of him. Stop whining. If he wasn't in MGP this would be the dullest F1 team. Like Williams.

Edited by ivand911, 10 August 2011 - 14:23.

#12077 GerhardBerger

GerhardBerger

• 510 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:23

There's no evidence to suggest that nico wouldn't be able to match micheal in his prime, I for one believe he could.

and there's no evidence to suggest that he would match michael in his prime!

#12078 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:25

Anthony Hamilton says Paul di Resta will make "a great replacement for somebody at a top team", adding that "he is a Mercedes protege."

#12079 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:30

Anthony Hamilton says Paul di Resta will make "a great replacement for somebody at a top team", adding that "he is a Mercedes protege."

And all German drivers are Mercedes proteges. Mercedes have Lewis and Button ,so? He is already driving Mercedes car, so what more AH want?

Edited by ivand911, 10 August 2011 - 14:34.

Advertisement

#12080 cutchemist42

cutchemist42

• 103 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:30

Yeah I don't see Michael really making excuses. A lot of the time it seems he's accepting fault for his bad choices. I still think Michael wants to be here. His expression after Montreal was not excitement for pushing this crap car to 4th but disappointment of missing the podium. It is why I still think something is there.

In all seriousness though, he's older. Michael Jordan's comeback was not that pretty either. It's just a fact of life.

#12081 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,721 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:38

fair play to that :) but it's just an opinion, like I could believe I would be the fastest driver in these cars.

#12082 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,099 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:48

Isn't Anthony his manager? It's his job to "big up" his driver. Where is he likely to go, McLaren is most likely keeping both drivers, seems Red Bull is as well & Ferrari is settled apparently. Next up is Merc with the oldest driver on the grid, who's not enjoying/not performing etc, but the only route in there is if he breaks his 3rd year of contract by retiring.

Di Resta will most likely go to Merc, but not for next year - I think that would be a year too soon for him. Give him a 2nd year at FI and see how he reduces his mistakes before throwing him into a tougher situation.

He's good, but I haven't seen an Alonso/Vettel/Hamilton debut season from him so far.

#12083 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 14:59

And Michael's manager Sabine Kehm has since said:

Bild newspaper quotes the seven time world champion's manager Sabine Kehm as dismissing the quotes as "All nonsense. Since he returned to F1, Michael has not spoken to anyone from Corriere dello Sport," she insisted."

Kehm clarified that her 42-year-old boss is not about to quit.

"He is full of passion for the project and regards it as an exciting challenge to build something big together with Mercedes.

"That it is sometimes tough only encourages him more," she said. "Someone who will soon celebrate their 20th anniversary in formula one knows that perseverance is what makes the difference."

http://www.f1reports.../article/12010/

#12084 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,249 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:02

Put Nico in the Ferrari of 1997, he wouldn't come close to winning the championship or the great Japanese drive of 1998 (before the blowout) or the 2000 Italian GP at Monza with all the pressure mounted on him.

To be honest, it's quite over the top for one to match Schu in his absolute prime which was 1995-2000; and Nico does not stand a chance versus that Schumacher. The only driver that can and handle it is Ayrton Senna.

#12085 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:07

OMG, two and half weeks from this shit! :rolleyes: MS at 42 is still real treasure for F1. Making people to go and see GP. I visit two GP because of him. Stop whining. If he wasn't in MGP this would be the dullest F1 team. Like Williams.

This :up:

Put Nico in the Ferrari of 1997, he wouldn't come close to winning the championship or the great Japanese drive of 1998 (before the blowout) or the 2000 Italian GP at Monza with all the pressure mounted on him.

To be honest, it's quite over the top for one to match Schu in his absolute prime which was 1995-2000; and Nico does not stand a chance versus that Schumacher. The only driver that can and handle it is Ayrton Senna.

Nico (and the rest of his generation) would have troubles driving those cars at the limit. Nowadays cars are built to behave like in simulator, not the opposite, and a driver has to overcome his natural instincts and reactions to car behavior and have an absolute faith in the on-board electronics. I think this may be the problem with Michael.

#12086 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:14

Yawn! Here we go again, put any of the top current drivers in that Ferrari and they would have performed the same, now prove otherwise

#12087 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,721 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:34

Yawn! Here we go again, put any of the top current drivers in that Ferrari and they would have performed the same, now prove otherwise

what you do here is expressing an opinion which you have to prove.
michael performed at a certain level in 1997. you cannot prove any other driver could do the same even if you were right because that can't be proved.

so don't state it as a fact and expect people to prove otherwise.

#12088 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:37

Time to give PdR a chance. With these drivers Mercedes will stay in midfield fo-re-verrrr....

#12089 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:39

Time to give PdR a chance. With these drivers Mercedes will stay in midfield fo-re-verrrr....

yea im sure pDr would be getting podiums

#12090 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:50

what you do here is expressing an opinion which you have to prove.
michael performed at a certain level in 1997. you cannot prove any other driver could do the same even if you were right because that can't be proved.

so don't state it as a fact and expect people to prove otherwise.

Same goes to you guys that say no other driver could do what he could do in the Ferrari, recent evidence shows I'm talking more sense!

Edited by spa08, 10 August 2011 - 15:52.

#12091 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:55

Same goes to you guys that say no other driver could do what he could do in the Ferrari, recent evidence shows I'm talking more sense!

Somebody get 5 titles? What sense? :rotfl:

Edited by ivand911, 10 August 2011 - 15:55.

#12092 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,960 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 15:57

You are entitled to your opinion.

We've seen a prime Schumacher wrestle woeful cars (96 Ferrari for example) into podium and winning positions. We haven't seen Nico exhibit that same sort of zeal that prime Schumacher demonstrated time and time again for the best part of 2 decades.

Until Rosberg demonstrates even ONE flash of brilliance in this years Mercedes or next year, please don't compare him to a prime Schumacher based purely on assumption.

Schumcher is proven with the pedigree. Nico hasn't set the world alight - despite you thinking he could have gone toe to toe with vintage Schumacher and come out on top. :rolleyes:

#12093 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:04

:lol: Sorry but I had to.

Yeah I can imagine Nico duking it out with Senna,Prost,Piquet,Mansell,Hill,Hakkinen,Raikonen,Montoya,Alonso etc.
Lets be serious now.

#12094 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:07

Somebody get 5 titles? What sense? :rotfl:

Yeh he got 5 of those in a far superior car with unmatched reliability, no1 status in the team with teammates who weren't allowed to challenge him. The list goes on.... :rotfl:

#12095 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:11

We've seen a prime Schumacher wrestle woeful cars (96 Ferrari for example) into podium and winning positions. We haven't seen Nico exhibit that same sort of zeal that prime Schumacher demonstrated time and time again for the best part of 2 decades.

Until Rosberg demonstrates even ONE flash of brilliance in this years Mercedes or next year, please don't compare him to a prime Schumacher based purely on assumption.

Schumcher is proven with the pedigree. Nico hasn't set the world alight - despite you thinking he could have gone toe to toe with vintage Schumacher and come out on top. :rolleyes:

So what did nico do lastyear while Michael was faffing around in midfield?? Il tell you, he was wrestling a woeful car into podium positions while the 7x world champion was nowhere to be seen :rolleyes:

Edited by spa08, 10 August 2011 - 16:12.

#12096 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:15

I have nothing against Nico,but for the world of me I can't recall a memorable drive from him,lets keep in mind he has 100 GPs under his belt.

#12097 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:17

:lol: Sorry but I had to.

Yeah I can imagine Nico duking it out with Senna,Prost,Piquet,Mansell,Hill,Hakkinen,Raikonen,Montoya,Alonso etc.
Lets be serious now.

You talk as though the likes of Raikonen and co are extra special, let's not forget kimi couldn't even beat massa for 1.5 of the 2.5 years they spent together as teammates. If you don't rate rosberg that highly just imagine what the likes of Hamilton and Alonso would do to Michael

#12098 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:20

You might be correct, but challenge is, that Schumacher in his first part of F1 career was a tough cookie, as evidenced by his WDCs, but Nico, talented as he might be, is yet to prove he is of the same material. I thought once that Fisi, given proper machinery, would tear field apart, and boy, I still whiping eggs from my face. Kimi BTW let me down (somewhat) as well. I thought of him as multiple WDC who will replace Michael, but that didn't pan out either. Point is, you have no grounds to stick your neck out and say that Nico will be remembered as member of the fame club where we have names like Fangio, Prost, Schumacher, Senna, etc.

Schumacher is already forever in, whereas Nico is fighting for his life just to get a good car, and he might never get it; that's the sad reality, therefore we might never know what could have been.

Edited by Sakae, 10 August 2011 - 16:22.

#12099 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:25

You talk as though the likes of Raikonen and co are extra special, let's not forget kimi couldn't even beat massa for 1.5 of the 2.5 years they spent together as teammates. If you don't rate rosberg that highly just imagine what the likes of Hamilton and Alonso would do to Michael

That's BS. Schumacher had his adversaries, and met them squarely. Hamilton and Alonso are no gods, if that's what you are implying.

Advertisement

#12100 Unbiased

Unbiased

• 414 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 16:26

He, just like any other driver in the grid, needs a car that suits him to beat his teammate and then it should be at least slightly better than the rest to win a race/championship.

F1 is that simple. The best car overall wins and it's won by the teammate that suits the car a bit better. There are no bad drivers in F1, the car makes them look like it. Well, Massa is a different story, the accident changed him and Ferrari still hug onto him.

You can have the best driver ever, put him in a car that does not suit him, he will look like a desperate rookie, like Schumacher has been looking the last 2 years. He hasn't lost it.

If McLaren started suiting the car exclusively to Button's wishes, Hamilton would look average. Like RBR suiting the car exclusively to Webber wishes, Vettel would look like average. At Ferrari, Schumacher era, that is exactly what happened and look what it got them.

Mercedes chooses to go the middle way (just like most teams) and it suits Rosberg a little bit better.

"It's the money, stupid", in F1 becomes "It's the car, stupid".

The Mercedes team is performing perfectly....like the Honda team. Even though they changed pretty much everything, they perform exactly the same. Rather strange.

2009 being a fluke thanks to the diffuser thing.