Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:03

New Q&A with Michael and Haug :
http://www.auto-moto...er-3967766.html

Advertisement

#12352 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:16

again where do you get this 2 sec off comment, and where do you get teh 0.7 sec off comment
plz post the link here

I'm no good with computers but il tell you and you can post on here for us all to watch. On YouTube type "Irvine on Schumacher" you'll see the interview with him on the BBC.

Edited by spa08, 12 August 2011 - 16:18.

#12353 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:31

Michael as evasive as ever. :D Shame, because those are actually quite good questions.... :well:

#12354 Poep

Poep

• 85 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:31

Finally something on my questions concerning his driving style. His answer gives me the feeling that my theory on the driving style is correct and that the W02 is crap to drive with.

Herr Schumacher: Sie sind bekannt für ihren Fahrstil, wobei Sie in der Kurve gleichzeitig Gas und Bremse verwenden. Bei den Onboard-Aufnahmen von diesem Jahr merkt man, dass Sie das nicht mehr machen, und immer erst am Kurvenausgang auf das Gas gehen. Warum ist das so, und liegt es am Auto?

Schumacher: Sie verstehen sicher, dass ich auf meinen Fahrstil im Umgang mit unserem W02 nicht eingehen moechte. Aber jedes Fahrzeug erfordert eine gewisse Anpassung des Fahrstils an dessen Charakteristik. Dies ist mir bislang bei jedem meiner Formel 1-Fahrzeuge gelungen.

#12355 Poep

Poep

• 85 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:33

Michael as evasive as ever. :D Shame, because those are actually quite good questions.... :well:

Thanks.
The one on the driving style and the one to Haug on Aldo Costa were from me. (i used different user names, because you can only send one question).

I was really happy they picked my two questions.

Too bad the answers are so political (especially Haug on Costa). :|

#12356 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:37

Could someone translate those selected Q&A? Google translation is funny but not informative :)

#12357 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:41

Too bad the answers are so political (especially Haug on Costa). :|

Very good questions. I waited for this Q&A especially for the quali-race pace answer.

Too bad we never get an informative answer. :lol: Too much politics.

"Sie legen einen sehr guten Rennspeed an den Tag. Bitte erklären Sie einmal die Situation im Qualifying. Auch wenn es an Ihrem Dienstwagen gelegentlich Probleme gab, so ist Nico doch meistens mehr oder weniger deutlich schneller. Ist Nico vielleicht der beste Qualifyer in der Formel 1 oder liegen Ihre Probleme woanders?

Schumacher: Sie haben Recht, im Rennen sieht es bei mir meistens besser aus als im Qualifying. Dafuer gibt es viele Gruende, die sehr kompliziert zu erklären wären; hie und da hatte es auch mal technische Probleme gegeben. Aber Nico ist wirklich einer der besten Qualifyer im Feld, seine Performance hier ist beeindruckend."

"Q: You have a very good race pace. Please explain the situation in qualifying. Even if sometimes there were problems on your car, Nico is most of the time more or less faster. Is Nico the best qualifier in F1 or are your problems somewhere else?

A: You are right, for me it looks most of the times better in race than it does in qualifying. There are plenty of reasons for that, that would be too complicated to explain; sometimes there were also technical problems. But Nico is also one of the best qualifiers on the grid, his performance is impressive."

Edited by Diablobb81, 12 August 2011 - 16:50.

#12358 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 16:46

I'm no good with computers but il tell you and you can post on here for us all to watch. On YouTube type "Irvine on Schumacher" you'll see the interview with him on the BBC.

yup, i have seen that interview after Germany 2010 on BBC forum

Those comments are made by Irvine, who is actually a scorned former Ferrari Schumacher teammate
ofcourse he is just justifying his shortcomings that season
Even Salo who stepped in beat him to the victory
and he conveniently forgot to mention the Malaysian GP 99 , where Schumy could have just beat them all and lapped them all...still he moved over for Eddie two times in that race and held back Mika and DC for a very long time.....even at Malaysia MS outqualified Eddie by almost 2 secs. Its not suddenly at Suzuka he was 2 secs off!

Its not MS 's fault that Eddie didnt keep up....at suzuka Mika was leading and MS barely was in touch with him. IF MS was ahead of Mika he would have slowed Mika down, but it was not going to help as Eddie was almost lapped by them both...all in all the mclarens where really fast at Japan all weekend compared to malaysia!

As for ferrari dont want eddie to win the WDC is completely BS...its just a conspiracy theory created by MS haters and Eddie fans who couldnt get over the fact !

And what is he saying he was just 0.7 secs off MS in 2000 japan race in a jaguar??
he started 7th and finished 8th while his teammate who started 10th beat him to 7th place finish! and upto 4th place everyone was lapped

Edited by EdwardCullen, 12 August 2011 - 20:09.

#12359 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,606 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 17:00

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the next race will the 20th anniversary of his Grand Prix debut. If he is going to announce that this will be his last year (or race), then Spa would be a good place to do it.

Advertisement

#12360 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 17:13

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the next race will the 20th anniversary of his Grand Prix debut. If he is going to announce that this will be his last year (or race), then Spa would be a good place to do it.

If he does, that would be first time he has quit anything he started and before he finished in two decades what I watch him from sidelines as his fan.

#12361 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 17:14

If he does, that would be first time he has quit anything he started and before he finished in two decades what I watch him from sidelines as his fan.

He is not going to retire, he is not a kinda person who would just give up!

#12362 ClockworkRacing

ClockworkRacing

• 316 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 17:53

Mate,when you try everything and nothing seems to work,it´s time to rethink what you´re doing,not only in F1

#12363 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 18:00

That is what I believe and hope too. On the other hand, a man has right to change his mind, and should he feel that MGP organization in the current form is not fulfilling his expectation, and draining his energy to levels he is not willing to accept, he should quit. I would never hold that against him. I am not Schumacher, but I do know what it means to be exhausted from work, and fact is, that my output was poor. That's human, and he too might feel that he cannot deliver on the track and at the office, having his workload size of the Everest.

#12364 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 18:25

Mate,when you try everything and nothing seems to work,it´s time to rethink what you´re doing,not only in F1

yup, thats true for quitters...not for champions
do you think he would have reached where he is just by giving up, not only him all the successful people in the world.

#12365 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,606 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 18:37

do you think he would have reached where he is just by giving up, not only him all the successful people in the world.

Well, he is going to retire sometime in the next few seasons. It is not a question of giving up, but picking the right time to finish and move on to something else.

#12366 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 20:07

Well, he is going to retire sometime in the next few seasons. It is not a question of giving up, but picking the right time to finish and move on to something else.

thats exactly what he said, he will see out his 3 yr contract and then think about reitrement

#12367 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,606 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 20:11

thats exactly what he said, he will see out his 3 yr contract and then think about reitrement

My point is that I don't think that making a decision to retire earlier should or would be viewed as "quitting". In fact, it could be a very positive move.

As to whether that will happen or not, I claim no special insight.

#12368 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 20:30

Are you sure he has tried everything?

That's true. But I think except for a force majoure situation he's going to see his contract through and try help Mercedes as much as he is able. No matter the results and his image in the eyes of fans and anti-fans. That's an obligation he has taken.

#12369 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:24

Michael leaving the team will not change MGP results. Nico is still 7th in WDC. If Nico was fighting for the title and Michael is to say 9th, I agree that he would leave the team. For the team sake. But, this is not situation now. MGP will not fight for any title any time soon. Michael is not the problem here. I hope he continue, it is still exiting to see him on the start. He still have the best result for the team this year.

#12370 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,606 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:34

MGP will not fight for any title any time soon.

To me, this is an important consideration. How long will will it be before they can produce a race winner, and how long can Michael maintain his current level of performance?

Even though it almost certainly can't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing him do one more year with Ferrari before retirement (even as a third driver at seleected events).

#12371 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:13

Could someone translate those selected Q&A? Google translation is funny but not informative :)

What he said. :smoking:

#12372 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:34

He is Mercedes man now and probably will stay with them even after he will stop racing. Driving competitive car(like Ferrari) for the last time will be something to be seen. :rolleyes:

#12373 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,606 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:02

Indeed. Going from Honda/BAR to Ferrari must be such a step down.

What?

#12374 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 713 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 23:50

"I'll certainly be racing next year, that is definite," Schumacher said at a Mercedes' function.
http://www.foxsports...l-1226114927373

#12375 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 00:00

"I'll certainly be racing next year, that is definite," Schumacher said at a Mercedes' function.

That's my man! I am overwhelmed with delight.

#12376 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:24

Michael is not the problem here. I hope he continue, it is still exiting to see him on the start. He still have the best result for the team this year.

#12377 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:43

DNF : Rosberg 0, Schumacher 2

#12378 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:47

Time catches up with everyone and somewhere along the line he might decide that his time has come and gone. Wishful thinking alone won't get him (or any other driver) a championship crown.

#12379 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:23

I expected him to continue, he never gives up.

But:

"It would be presumptuous if one expects us to fight for the title next year, at the moment we are too far behind," he said.

Schumacher says podium places are his goal for next year, but since his comeback at the start of 2010, he has yet to finish a race in the top three.

I don't know, are podiums for what he returned in F1? He's a 7 times world champion, he doesn't need podiums...I doubt that he will race in 2013, he'll be 44, that's too old to be honest...

Advertisement

#12380 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:10

I don't understand why people needed conformation again. He's repeated that it's a 3 year plan continuously and Corriere dello sport article was a non-story.

And on his revised target for podiums he's just lowering the expectations. After the embarrassing comments made during pre-season Mercedes are reducing the flak they'll be under when they produce another shitty car.

#12381 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,371 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:37

I expected him to continue, he never gives up.

But:

I don't know, are podiums for what he returned in F1? He's a 7 times world champion, he doesn't need podiums...I doubt that he will race in 2013, he'll be 44, that's too old to be honest...

Well from what I recall his personal doctor at the start of 10 gave him the thumbs up to race on with his stamina being no problem, saw him able to race up until his 50th. Noone of course says he will but it's a sign.

One note, that was about 1.5 years ago. I don't need the confirmation of Schumacher on this one. Everyone knew that after the fuckup of that Italian magazine. Sorry to say but how on earth can one medium like that act like an article of that weight would have went around the chief editors?

Edited by Jejking, 15 August 2011 - 10:37.

#12382 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 13:11

Yeah, I agree both are doing not so well. :rolleyes: Less than 50 points after half of the season. They both need to retire, I will take Schumi place, you take Nico's. :rotfl:

Edited by ivand911, 15 August 2011 - 13:15.

#12383 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 17:57

"Despite some funny rumours and stupid untruthful stories, I keep repeating myself that you will have to see me in 2012, whether you like it or don't like it," Schumacher said in a interview with Mercedes's website.

:cool: :lol:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/93780

If his Mercedes career ends without a title, win or podium then let it be.

#12384 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 18:32

"Despite some funny rumours and stupid untruthful stories, I keep repeating myself that you will have to see me in 2012, whether you like it or don't like it," Schumacher said in a interview with Mercedes's website.

Great news! More DC moments coming! :up: :cat:

#12385 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 18:45

So that's your argument? Well it doesn't do Nico any good since he's been "perfect" and Schumi "horrible" and ready for retirement and they are ONLY 16 pts apart.
So hypothetically,if somehow they are tied or very close after 3-4 races will you come here and say Nico needs to retire? Not a loaded question.

#12386 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 00:00

still yet to see schumacher slow down on he racing line or cause the biggest first lap pileup f1 has ever seen where he wrote off half the grid... and that was coulthards prime and the same race :rotfl:

Edited by arknor, 16 August 2011 - 00:00.

#12387 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,002 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:41

still yet to see schumacher slow down on he racing line or cause the biggest first lap pileup f1 has ever seen where he wrote off half the grid... and that was coulthards prime and the same race :rotfl:

[I know this is a bit off topic, but:]

Was that massive first corner accident really Coulthard's fault? He often gets blamed for it, but Irvine and him went into the first turn basically touching, and after this Irvine comes out of the spray already missing some body work, and seemed to be a very long way behind the leaders. Note how the Benetton got through the carnage, despite being in-between Coulthard and Irvine on track, making one wonder how Coulthard could ever have made contact with Irvine after hitting the wall (unless there had already been contact before we see David spear off to his right). Note also how cars in the background appear to be avoiding something on the left hand side of the track, even though David is sliding off on the right hand side.

*Two cars go into the spray nearly touching.
*One car comes out sideways and into the wall.
*The other car comes out the other side with a lot of damage.

We will obviously never know what really happened in all that spray, but I don't get how people know for sure that it was David's mistake :confused: .

Edited by Jazza, 16 August 2011 - 04:54.

#12388 as65p

as65p

• 17,218 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:07

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/93780

To me the phrasing sounds like he tries way too hard to convince everyone. We'll see.

#12389 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:12

To me the phrasing sounds like he tries way too hard to convince everyone. We'll see.

Think it would be better for MGP to put the focus more in the car & racing than in the interminable story of Mr. Schumacher. He is getting too much room in the whole "Mercedes-story"!

#12390 anachronox

anachronox

• 144 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:21

Wow, the first DC fan I have ever come across :wave:

...and Michael is yet to crash entering the pitlane while leading the race :rotfl: You might miss that one too of all from DC's funny moments!

#12391 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:27

Think it would be better for MGP to put the focus more in the car & racing than in the interminable story of Mr. Schumacher. He is getting too much room in the whole "Mercedes-story"!

I think you have it backwards. MS is an entertaining diversion while the team carries on being itself. Without MS, everyone will be forced to realize how bad Mercedes have been had..

Someone convinced them that was the team of the future based on the 2009 form, in the meantime Fry and Brawn cashed in something special..

#12392 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,982 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:34

I have a question:

If Schumacher wasn't here; do you think the team would be trying as hard as they are currently to get to the front?

I mean, with Nico and X driver would they have just settled for 4th place consolidation? Has Schumacher's presence (irrespective of his performances) brought a whole new dimmension to the team; how to build teamwork, infastructure, a foundation etc? Has Schumacher's presence rejuvinated Ross Brawn's motivation also (again, irrespective of performances)? I believe so.

#12393 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:43

I have a question:

If Schumacher wasn't here; do you think the team would be trying as hard as they are currently to get to the front?

I mean, with Nico and X driver would they have just settled for 4th place consolidation? Has Schumacher's presence (irrespective of his performances) brought a whole new dimmension to the team; how to build teamwork, infastructure, a foundation etc? Has Schumacher's presence rejuvinated Ross Brawn's motivation also (again, irrespective of performances)? I believe so.

I think so too.

#12394 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:43

I have a question:

:stoned: And if it would be the "other" way? What if Schumacher with his 'input' developing the car brought the team in a false direction?

#12395 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:44

I have a question:

The other thing is, the sport, audience would rather see Schumacher compete with the young champions for race wins, how interesting was Canada 2011, and that expectation was surely at it's strongest from his annoumcement to return and the first year. The mercedes form has subdued that celebration of competition, but when running for a higher result like Canada this year, it completely changed all the BS and wait everyone sat through while waiting for this team and MS to be hunting for a major result. This team needs a strong car for the drivers themselfs, the fans and the sport, so much more then another redbull victory.

#12396 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:56

That might grate a bit, but the yardstick is Rosberg and he's not doing better this year than he did in 2009 at Williams.

Schumacher has such an aura that he's taking some of the heat off Mercedes, because let's not kid ourselves, they're underperforming badly.

I think in the future some books will be written on that Mercedes deal, even the second half of the championship year (BrawnGP) was very difficult.

For some reason they were hoodwinkled into paying the big price for that hit-or-miss of a team. Go figure.

Edited by Slowinfastout, 16 August 2011 - 10:57.

#12397 Number62

Number62

• 493 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:00

I have a question:

Quite the opposite for me.

I think Schumacher's continued presence is stifling progress at MGP.

They need to get ruthless as a team and the cosy relationship between Brawn, Haug and Schumacher is not yeilding progress. They should ditch Scumacher now and give Rosberg a real kick up the arse to raise his game (it looks like he's getting complacent). There's no sense of threat to either of them, at least not any that's percievable in the public domain.

It's F1, there's no room for sentiment and it seems like MSC is keeping his place on sentiment and ROS is doing just enough to beat MSC.

How do you motivate a room full of millionaires? That's the challenge for the Benz board and they're getting it wrong.

#12398 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,982 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:01

:stoned: And if it would be the "other" way? What if Schumacher with his 'input' developing the car brought the team in a false direction?

Like he led his respective teams in 'other' direction from 1991-2006?

Schumacher has a PROVEN history and pedigree, as does Ross Brawn, Newey, Dennis and all the old guard.

Quite the opposite for me.

I think Schumacher's continued presence is stifling progress at MGP.

They need to get ruthless as a team and the cosy relationship between Brawn, Haug and Schumacher is not yeilding progress. They should ditch Scumacher now and give Rosberg a real kick up the arse to raise his game (it looks like he's getting complacent). There's no sense of threat to either of them, at least not any that's percievable in the public domain.

It's F1, there's no room for sentiment and it seems like MSC is keeping his place on sentiment and ROS is doing just enough to beat MSC.

How do you motivate a room full of millionaires? That's the challenge for the Benz board and they're getting it wrong.

Well everyone in F1 is a millionaire. I don't they're motivated by the money otherwise Schumacher/Brawn would have lose their compeitive edge in 1994. The dream of success motivates them, whether they will achieve it is left to be seen.

The team ARE capable of producing good cars, 2004, 2006 and 2009 are testament. However, they've produced some poopy cars too. The problem is serious lack of consistency with no contingency plan B, C or D.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 16 August 2011 - 11:06.

#12399 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,504 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:10

Yeah, if only Ferrari would have ditched Michael after 1997. :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#12400 Number62

Number62

• 493 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:38

Like he led his respective teams in 'other' direction from 1991-2006?

Schumacher has a PROVEN history and pedigree, as does Ross Brawn, Newey, Dennis and all the old guard.

Well everyone in F1 is a millionaire. I don't they're motivated by the money otherwise Schumacher/Brawn would have lose their compeitive edge in 1994. The dream of success motivates them, whether they will achieve it is left to be seen.

The team ARE capable of producing good cars, 2004, 2006 and 2009 are testament. However, they've produced some poopy cars too. The problem is serious lack of consistency with no contingency plan B, C or D.

Well yes, that's the point of the cliche.

How do you respond to the suggestion that (from our viewpoint at least) it doesn't look like a ruthless environment. Ferrari ditching Kimi and scooping Alonso, that's ruthless. Schumacher ditching Jordan for Bennetton, ruthless. etc. etc.

Brawn saying Schumacher can drive as long as he wants - NOT ruthless. It doesn't scream of a win at all costs mentality. For that reason, for me, MSC at MGP is undermining the drive for success. He keeps downgrading his reasons for return from 'i'm here to win' at the beggining to non-specific 'development' goals and maybe a rostrum next season.

That is not a winning mentality. I think Brawn and Haug need to share the blame with MSC.