Diablobb81

• 3,757 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:32

Great race.

#12803 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:34

What a brilliant race performance again!

I think if he start from the pole he couldn't finish in a better place with this car.

#12804 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:34

Phew, thank god thats over!!!

Like a lot of you I stayed worried the whole race but he did it! Thanks for the chat guys!!

I hope there are no accusations that Nico was told to let Michael past, he looked like he was defending to me. Michael was faster at the end. A great drive :up:

#12805 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:35

never thought he would come close finishing 5th in a dry race
in the end a very good weekend.
questionable if there would have been a better result possible without the problem yesterday but I think not

#12806 Apollonius

Apollonius

• 601 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:36

That's my boy! Stunning drive - 19 places in one GP and what a weekend to do it!

#12807 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:38

That's my boy! Stunning drive - 19 places in one GP and what a weekend to do it!

Yes, stunning! Nico starts 5th and finished 6th, MS starts last and finishes ahead of Nico in 5th. That says it all.

#12808 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Jock Clear is bringing luck. :p

#12809 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,511 posts

Very Happy with that result. :)

#12810 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:39

:up:

#12811 KavB

KavB

• 1,237 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:40

One of his best drives since his comeback! I doubt he would have been able to do much better even had he been able to qualify.

#12812 Massa

Massa

• 5,201 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:40

He will be on podium at Monza, his car is too good for this kind of track

#12813 mkoscevic

mkoscevic

• 673 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:41

Supreme race on dry track by Michael!

24 > 5, that's quite stunning progress.

Truth be told, SC was a big + for this result, along with Hamilton's DNF and Massa's double pit-stop.

His 1st lap was amazing - he went all up to 14th place!

It's good too see master driving around Spa. Once again.

:)

#12814 nateshan

nateshan

• 132 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:42

What a race! I guess jock clear is a better race engineer than all of them at merc.

#12815 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:44

F*ck yeah, the drive of a Maestro. Stellar drive to finish 5th ahead of Rosberg, he drove a steady, calm race, stayed out of trouble and made the passes when they mattered, solid performance. Finished best of the rest behind the front running pack of Red Bull, Ferrari, and McLaren, so there's not really much more he could have done starting from dead last. 10/10.

#12816 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:45

What a race! I guess jock clear is a better race engineer than all of them at merc.

Wait until he hits trouble during Qualifying for the next race. There's a Parc Ferme in effect between Sat and the Sun, not much you can do to mess around with the cars..

#12817 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 610 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:46

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

#12818 Sof1

Sof1

• 611 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:49

I;d stil like to know why there was this early stop a few laps after the start.

#12819 Ise

Ise

• 218 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:51

Very impressed with his turnaround from yesterday, certainly his best dry race since his return, and nice to see him outpace Rosberg in the dry for once. :)

Advertisement

#12820 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:53

I think in some track - Monza, Interlagos - better tactic to let all option tyre to the race and use only the harder ones in qualy.

#12821 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:54

I;d stil like to know why there was this early stop a few laps after the start.

Looking now ,it was good decision. He get to early to the fastest guys, this is why he needed soft tyres. Perfect race for once.

#12822 z2z

z2z

• 295 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:56

HAIL KAISER!!

#12823 pt5

pt5

• 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 13:59

Before the nonsense starts:

Nico - MS LAP 2 9.9 seconds
Nico - MS LAP 11 12.2 seconds

Both had 1 pitstop;

After the safety car, lap 15

Nico - MS Lap 15 3.2 seconds and Michael had new tyres.

Anyway, good drives for both drivers.

#12824 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:11

Michael is 8th in WDC.

#12825 mimin

mimin

• 1,307 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:14

Thank you Michael for a good race. :) :up:

I was so happy to see your race. Here is hoping next time will be much better, especially at Monza.

#12826 baddog

baddog

• 24,040 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:15

Both had 1 pitstop;

These numbers are hugely suspect.. the safety car didn't look to really significantly play into Michael's hands at all..

I call bullshit on your whole post. Once we have full lap time details the exact details of your dissembling should become clear.

#12827 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:15

Both had 1 pitstop;

What does this prove? Taking into account field spread and time lost in traffic and overtaking other cars Nico hadn't been able to pull out more of a lead over Schumi in the first 11 laps?

#12828 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:17

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He should def retire :drunk:
His reaction is slow :stoned:
He's lost his instincts :rolleyes:

OH SNPAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dead last to 5th :lol:
What happened??? Were aliens involved??

Anyhow AMAZING performance for an old man. :up:

#12829 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:19

What does this prove? Taking into account field spread and time lost in traffic and overtaking other cars Nico hadn't been able to pull out more of a lead over Schumi in the first 11 laps?

MS started with hards. NR started with softs. It was a dumb post anyway though....

#12830 jrobson

jrobson

• 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:21

Both had 1 pitstop;

NR destroyed his soft tires on both stints which is why he lost out, he had a train behind him at the end of both his soft stints, both times MS was in that train making up time to him, even without a safety car it would have had the same ending.

So whoever whats to say that MS had an advantage at the safety car, NR had an advantage when his fu#$ing wheel didn't fall off on his outlap on Saturday. :rotfl:

#12831 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 4,254 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:23

:clap:

#12832 pt5

pt5

• 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:27

These numbers are hugely suspect.. the safety car didn't look to really significantly play into Michael's hands at all..

I call bullshit on your whole post. Once we have full lap time details the exact details of your dissembling should become clear.

I have all the laptimes. I posted the dif between the two.

Don´t pretend you didn´t see that Michael was helped by the safety car. Michael, before the safety car, was figthing with slower cars while Rosberg was fighting with the top guns. After the safety car, there was a 3.2 seconds dif and Michael had new tyres. The last stint was Michael on softs and Nico not.

That is exactly what happened. Both did well. Safety car helped Michael.

#12833 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,558 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:32

MS started with hards. NR started with softs. It was a dumb post anyway though....

+1. There is nothing to compare today in distances.

Don´t pretend you didn´t see that Michael was helped by the safety car. Michael, before the safety car, was figthing with slower cars while Rosberg was fighting with the top guns. After the safety car, there was a 3.2 seconds dif and Michael had new tyres. The last stint was Michael on softs and Nico not.

Fact: Schumacher came in VERY early in lap 4/5. Strategywise not good because his ability to run longer was destroyed. = Major disadvantage.
Fact: Rosberg was consuming more fuel during the race because he had to push harder to keep the cars behind honest.
Fact: FINALLY Mercedes managed to get on with Schumacher on strategy. Stop 2 with the SC was (together with Vettel) brilliantly timed and key in the race. Exit major disadvantage.
Fact: Schumacher was cutting through the field at a reasonable pace.
Fact: Mercedes is heavily disadvantaged on pure pace.
Fact: DRS overtaking was pretty easy. Only Button was able to sneak ahead in a none DRS-zone with a very good move.
(Fact: Schumacher was the only car resisting a DRS attack on pure top speed)
Fact: No wings suddenly detaching in his neighbourhood. Haters gonna hate.
Fact: Schumacher was for his last stint on softs, vs mediums. BUT the softs were degrading quicker.
Fact: Rosberg had to shortshift a bit.
Fact: Schumacher managed that situation very well and in the end broke Rosberg down after he was quicker through Eau Rouge. A bit tyrerelated but still good.

A really solid performance by Schumacher. 'No one other than MSC could have done that' is fanboyism but he really earned his money today.

Edited by Jejking, 28 August 2011 - 14:34.

#12834 pt5

pt5

• 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:33

NR destroyed his soft tires on both stints which is why he lost out, he had a train behind him at the end of both his soft stints, both times MS was in that train making up time to him, even without a safety car it would have had the same ending.

So whoever whats to say that MS had an advantage at the safety car, NR had an advantage when his fu#$ing wheel didn't fall off on his outlap on Saturday. :rotfl:

1 - Nico had a train behind him because he has a wondefull start and was fighting with RBR, Ferraris and Mclarens. Have you tought about that?

2 - Yes. Michael was extremelly unlucky yesterday and Nico was extremelly unlucky today. It should be Cristal clear for everyone.

#12835 baddog

baddog

• 24,040 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:36

Lying your pants off. Nico stopped just before the safety car, TWO LAPS before Michael, so theres your 'michael had new tyres' out the window. Nico lost a pile of time before stopping, and also lost a pile of time in his second stint simply because his pace was slower at all times. Ive posted the times in the other thread where they belong.

#12836 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:37

+1. There is nothing to compare today in distances.

Fact: Schumacher came in VERY early in lap 4/5. = Major disadvantage.
Fact: Rosberg was consuming more fuel during the race because he had to push harder to keep the cars behind honest.
Fact: FINALLY Mercedes managed to get on with Schumacher on strategy. Stop 2 with the SC was (together with Vettel) brilliantly timed and key in the race. Exit major disadvantage.
Fact: Schumacher was cutting through the field at a reasonable pace.
Fact: Mercedes is heavily disadvantaged on pure pace.
Fact: DRS overtaking was pretty easy. Only Button was able to sneak ahead in a none DRS-zone with a very good move.
(Fact: Schumacher was the only car resisting a DRS attack on pure top speed)
Fact: No wings suddenly detaching in his neighbourhood. Haters gonna hate.
Fact: Schumacher was for his last stint on softs, vs mediums. BUT the softs were degrading quicker.
Fact: Rosberg had to shortshift a bit.
Fact: Schumacher managed that situation very well and in the end broke Rosberg down after he was quicker through Eau Rouge. A bit tyrerelated but still good.

A really solid performance by Schumacher. 'No one other than MSC could have done that' is fanboyism but he really earned his money today.

MS coming in early to change tyres in fact was key to his success. He missed qualy altogether, he had tons of softs, they got rid of the mandatory hards in 4 laps, and from then on he could push. It was the right and obvious strategy.

#12837 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,558 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:37

1 - Nico had a train behind him because he has a wondefull start and was fighting with RBR, Ferraris and Mclarens. Have you tought about that?

2 - Yes. Michael was extremelly unlucky yesterday and Nico was extremelly unlucky today. It should be Cristal clear for everyone.

1. He had a wonderful start. Fact. (First I thought he jumped it, but fortunately it wasn't the case). He was on his backfoot anyway against the top cars but did a good job. Better than Massa in superior material anyway.

2. Nico extremely unlucky today? You must be joking. Mercedes maximized today. Maybe Schumacher without the problem on Saturday (and the first stop today) would have been like 10s closer to the top but not earth shattering P2 or P3 or sthg. They are hitting the limiter which is the car.

MS coming in early to change tyres in fact was key to his success. He missed qualy altogether, he had tons of softs, they got rid of the mandatory hards in 4 laps, and from then on he could push. It was the right and obvious strategy.

I heard something about a puncture but you say it was strategy? Hmm, considering the speed of the harder compound (quite sufficient) I wouldn't say that is it. But you might know more on me about that one, I'm going to check it anyway because it was all a bit vague. The strategy was good today, at least :)

Edited by Jejking, 28 August 2011 - 14:39.

#12838 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,757 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:38

Michael made his own luck.

He overtook two cars at the SC restart.

He had a brilliant drive today. 24 to 5.

But you know what they say about haters....

#12839 pt5

pt5

• 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:43

:up:

Advertisement

#12840 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:48

Delighted, absolutley delighted. No one can doubt this man; really the great one!

#12841 jrobson

jrobson

• 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:55

No, he had a good start because everyone else was taking it easy so to not destroy their tires too soon, then they pitted and NR stayed out, if he pitted when his pace failed he would have also been "lucky" with the safety car.
It's not unlucky to drive slower than the rest, it's only unlucky when something happens that is out of your control, there was no disadvantage from the SC because he gained places again when everyone else pitted, so no need to pass them on the track which takes more time.

There were 18 drivers between him and Rosberg, maybe they were all unlucky today, except button he was very lucky...

Accept it was a clean solid drive, his middle sectors were usually not very good, maybe he was looking after the tires and saving fuel, maybe he set his car up that way, these things are up to the drivers.

http://en.espnf1.com...race/29953.html - Click on Driver-by-driver then highlight NR and MS see what happened, NR dropped so many places because he had a large train following him. NR actually gained from 13th to 5th with the safety car, Micheal only gained from 10th to 9th. So actually NR got very lucky with the safety car.

Edited by jrobson, 28 August 2011 - 15:00.

#12842 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 14:56

This is MS thread . For MS against Nico visit the other thread!!!!

#12843 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,558 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:00

No, he had a good start because everyone else was taking it easy so to not destroy their tires too soon, then they pitted and NR stayed out, if he pitted when his pace failed he would have also been "lucky" with the safety car.
It's not unlucky to drive slower than the rest, it's only unlucky when something happens that is out of your control, there was no disadvantage from the SC because he gained places again when everyone else pitted, so no need to pass them on the track which takes more time.

There were 18 drivers between him and Rosberg, maybe they were all unlucky today, except button he was very lucky...

Accept it was a clean solid drive, his middle sectors were usually not very good, maybe he was looking after the tires and saving fuel, maybe he set his car up that way, these things are up to the drivers.

http://en.espnf1.com...race/29953.html - Click on Driver-by-driver then highlight NR and MS see what happened, NR dropped so many places because he had a large train following him.

About the middle sectors, I think it was a deliberate setup thing because he was consistently off the pace in S2 but faster at S1 and 3, considering the topspeeds!

[offtopic]And Button lucky? He had a good car but he had to work for it after his broken FW :) [/]

#12844 jrobson

jrobson

• 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:02

About the middle sectors, I think it was a deliberate setup thing because he was consistently off the pace in S2 but faster at S1 and 3, considering the topspeeds!

[offtopic]And Button lucky? He had a good car but he had to work for it after his broken FW :) [/]

haha it was a bit of sarcasm of course ;)

#12845 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:09

Michael used new gearbox. He used his free change.

#12846 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:11

Delighted, absolutley delighted. No one can doubt this man; really the great one!

Great race! :up:

#12847 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,558 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:11

Michael used new gearbox. He used his free change.

Source? :)

#12848 Poep

Poep

• 85 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:19

I believe he has said that with Benetton their would always be allegations of cheating, with Traction Control, faster refueling due to lack of filters etc. so he needed a fresh start with a team that didn't have a reputation for cheating.

He said that Briatore was playing political games and got punished for them with Michael unfortunately in it ass well. Briatore ruined it for Michael.

#12849 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:22

Two things: he kept calm and avoided the nasty incident at the start of the race, by La Source, that was absolutely critical as I believe this is the sort of performance we ought to have seen more times this season until cut short by either a collision or bad pitstops or some such issue.

And I wonder if he should stick with the golden\yellow helmet for the rest of the season. The red one looks better but Michael is a bit superstitious when it comes to things like this.

#12850 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:35

Mate, the post wasn't for you but for pt5. No problem :)
Source? :)

http://www.fia.com/e...document-32.pdf
It is bad because he was last, and even if he had penalty this wouldn't change his start position. Now he use his free change for nothing, I think.