Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#12951 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 13:24

Its great to see the Italian fans still remember and respect Michael, but then I wouldn't expect anything less. I still remember how they kept their affection for Mansel (Il Leoni) after he left Ferrari - The Tifosi have a lot of heart, and love their racers if they feel the racer has loved Ferrari.

Don't want to comment too much on Alonso... he drives in a very professional way for Ferrari and is doing a good job for them imo. His comments in 2006 were... unfortunate... but we all make mistakes. Anyway....

Just watching FP2 - its not looking too bad for Michael his low fuel soft tyres run was not far off the Red Bull and McLaren, think the Mercedes could really mix it up with the top 4 this weekend!! Oh but of course they have flattered to deceive in practice before... P8 in quali?

Advertisement

#12952 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 13:34

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Really used to loved Michael's this helmet! :)

Edited by merschu, 09 September 2011 - 13:39.

#12953 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 13:36

Just watching FP2 - its not looking too bad for Michael his low fuel soft tyres run was not far off the Red Bull and McLaren, think the Mercedes could really mix it up with the top 4 this weekend!! Oh but of course they have flattered to deceive in practice before... P8 in quali?

I hope so.. but it will be difficult with the 2 DRS zones.

#12954 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 13:44

I hope so.. but it will be difficult with the 2 DRS zones.

I'm actually quite hopeful. We've been hearing all season how the Mercedes car is fast, but a bit rubbish at corners. I think Schumi's 3rd in P2 is testament to how slippery the car is, they often show great pace through the speed traps. I think this could be the race the W02 was designed for!! I'm certainly a hell of a lot more confident about the car performing here than, say, Singapore!!

In any case I think the Mercedes should be well clear of its usual scrap with the Findias and Lotaults.

#12955 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 14:21

Nope, but it seems some want to read and see too much into those pictures.

Uhh huh,and some want to read too little!

#12956 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 14:28

Posted Image

Is that Kimi taking a picture :lol:

#12957 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 14:31

Anyway i think if ALO wins may be 2 WDC think could change, but he will never match(may be nobody) the popularity MSC enjoyed when he was at his peak. MS was a trademark and Ferrari cars were even more meaningful when you knew MSC helped to develop it.

:up: :up: :up:

#12958 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 14:56

Great pics, merschu!

Edited by BRK, 09 September 2011 - 14:56.

#12959 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 15:18

Oooh, I can't wait to see how Puxando tries to respond to this..... he already made a snide comment on this thread about the crowds.

:p Puxando is a "SHE"

Advertisement

#12960 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 15:19

That doesn't surprise me, a German female... :wave:

#12961 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 15:23

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Really used to loved Michael's this helmet! :)

:eek: Impressive!

Simply the best, simply Schumi! :love:

#12962 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 17:44

Also Schumi is inside the list of Disastrous sporting comebacks and the germans think he pays with a serious loss of image.

#12963 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 17:49

Also Schumi is inside the list of Disastrous sporting comebacks and the germans think he pays with a serious loss of image.

Why do you care?

I've never cared much for Barrichello, but I don't seek out bad news stories about him or write bad messages about him on the internet.

When he does well I give the man his dues, if he does badly and it is part of constructive debate I say so. Otherwise I pretty much ignore his existance.

Why do you care what Schumi is up to at all if you do not like him?

#12964 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,925 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 18:18

What a way to start a GP weekend. What an honour he has.

Yep...mad respect to the Tifosi at Monza! :clap:

#12965 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 18:22

Why do you care?

I've never cared much for Barrichello, but I don't seek out bad news stories about him or write bad messages about him on the internet.

When he does well I give the man his dues, if he does badly and it is part of constructive debate I say so. Otherwise I pretty much ignore his existance.

Why do you care what Schumi is up to at all if you do not like him?

its frenzten in disguise

#12966 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 19:10

This is hard one: on one hand you have image on the other you have 50 million euro. It is hard choice. :rotfl: When you say Germans what you mean, Alonso's German fans?

Edited by ivand911, 09 September 2011 - 19:15.

#12967 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 19:45

nice fashion :lol:
Posted Image

Edited by EdwardCullen, 09 September 2011 - 19:46.

#12968 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,706 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 19:47

omg now I understand.....

#12969 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 19:50

nice fashion :lol:

Not bad at all by his standards!

#12970 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 19:54

Not bad at all by his standards!

I agree, almost dissapointing!!

I'd like to see some more tassles and maybe some rhinestones on that outfit.

#12971 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 19:59

I agree, almost dissapointing!!

I'd like to see some more tassles and maybe some rhinestones on that outfit.

:lol: Posted Image

#12972 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 20:05

When you say Germans what you mean, Alonso's German fans?

:rolleyes: Don't believe that Spiegel-journalists are Alonso fans! But if you're kind with me I'll pass you all the information about statements from german media & newspaper about Mischa...... & when you're really hard & resistant also the usercomments......

Edited by puxanando, 09 September 2011 - 20:06.

#12973 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 21:22

omg now I understand.....

win :rotfl:

#12974 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 22:51

What you missed there is that the athletes before him on that list participated in tennis,boxing,golf,athletics,and soccer which are sports that DON'T require equipment performance,or a race winning car in Schu's case but are solely down to the athlete's own performance.
Disastrous? Not even close,whoever wrote that article clearly has no clue that in F1 wins and titles and great performances are car related and no amount of talent can overcome a sh** car.

Edited by fieraku, 09 September 2011 - 22:53.

#12975 Atomicus

Atomicus

• 108 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 23:29

I don't think his comeback has been a disaster either. But hearing for years all sort of stuff of the likes of "he could have won in a Minardi" coming from his fans, one has to understand why he is receiving a meaningful amount of criticism since he has not set the world on fire so far since his comeback. Of course the performances are car related, but he was comfortably beat by Rosberg last year (ok, let's forgive him as it was his first season after some sabbatical years) und matched currently (although Rosberg is ahead in the standings for now). I don't know, maybe a win is asking too much given the circumstances, ok, but at least I expected from the guy that builds up teams and regarded by many of his fans as the best ever to take out from the car a bit more than his teammate (that according to AS forumers is the ultimate way of comparing drivers).

I just hope Schumacher is the same guy as ever as that would mean Rosberg is a really really good driver, so seriously, I'm the last guy interested in putting Schumacher down :p

Edited by Atomicus, 09 September 2011 - 23:31.

#12976 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 00:26

I don't think his comeback has been a disaster either. But hearing for years all sort of stuff of the likes of "he could have won in a Minardi" coming from his fans, one has to understand why he is receiving a meaningful amount of criticism since he has not set the world on fire so far since his comeback. Of course the performances are car related, but he was comfortably beat by Rosberg last year (ok, let's forgive him as it was his first season after some sabbatical years) und matched currently (although Rosberg is ahead in the standings for now). I don't know, maybe a win is asking too much given the circumstances, ok, but at least I expected from the guy that builds up teams and regarded by many of his fans as the best ever to take out from the car a bit more than his teammate (that according to AS forumers is the ultimate way of comparing drivers).

I just hope Schumacher is the same guy as ever as that would mean Rosberg is a really really good driver, so seriously, I'm the last guy interested in putting Schumacher down :p

you cant expect someone to be aas good as they wrere 20 years ago, im only 30 and already feel like i cant be bothered to do alot of stuff i would when i was 20

#12977 Atomicus

Atomicus

• 108 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:10

you cant expect someone to be aas good as they wrere 20 years ago, im only 30 and already feel like i cant be bothered to do alot of stuff i would when i was 20

Nobody said anything about expecting Schumacher to be as he was 20 years ago, but from what I know Schumacher in 2006 was competitive and looked the same as ever was, that was just 5 years ago. I guess some people may have expected him to be at least as he was then, taking into account he returned to the sport (for two years now!).

Obviously I don't think he should be winning nor anything like that given the car he has, I'm just talking in relationship to his teammate and that with the exception of some random moments he has not done anything special.

I want to repeat that I'm not personally expecting anything from Schumacher, and I'm not really blaming him for anything. Just trying to say that IMO beneath all that exaggerated criticism there may be a point in relationship to his return. Which of course some of his fans are free to blindly ignore.

Said this I sincerely wish him the best, wish he and his teammate finish tomorrow high in the standings.

Edited by Atomicus, 10 September 2011 - 01:14.

#12978 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:27

MS is way too slow in the middle sector, I think he is running very low DF. Nico does 28.8 and the fastest MS did was 29.4 I think.

#12979 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:54

MS is way too slow in the middle sector, I think he is running very low DF. Nico does 28.8 and the fastest MS did was 29.4 I think.

was the same at spa schumacher was always slow in the middle compared to rosberg but faster in S1 and alot of the time faster in S3

Advertisement

#12980 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:06

Equal 1st and 3rd sector. Middle 28,6 for Nico, 28,7 for Michael.

#12981 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:09

Equal 1st and 3rd sector. Middle 28,6 for Nico, 28,7 for Michael.

This was using the softs. MS may need a set of softs to get through to Q2, his pace on the mediums was terrible. Hope he can find some more pace in qualifying. They were reporting on the BBC that MS was not happy with his set up.

Edited by GoRacing, 10 September 2011 - 10:12.

#12982 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:17

This was using the softs. MS may need a set of softs to get through to Q2, his pace on the mediums was terrible. Hope he can find some more pace in qualifying. They were reporting on the BBC that MS was not happy with his set up.

you mean Q1, right ?

#12983 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:38

you mean Q1, right ?

No he doesn't because everybody gets into Q1 no matter what, he said get through to Q2, not through Q2.

#12984 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:42

sorry, missed the "to" - and yeah he probably have to use 1 set of softs

#12985 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:44

Germans are Germans and they are right about they're childhood-hero.

6. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m23.875s + 0.705 22
7. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m24.114s + 0.944 20

It's all over.

#12986 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:59

Germans are Germans and they are right about they're childhood-hero.

It's all over.

Where were you yesterday?Do you ever see any Schumi fans making silly posts like this? None of us got excited seeing Schumi's FP2 times last day! Or bragged about it.

Edited by merschu, 10 September 2011 - 11:01.

#12987 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:42

guys, stop replying to this joker.

#12988 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:49

I was on a good place .. I've seen the Friday times, and wasn't all to happy with them. I have spoken a lot of peopel who watch F1 as well, and about 60% are, ehm, where real Schumacher fans as well. I have not seen or spoken ONE Schumi fan who tells me; "I'm happy he is back in F1" and all of them are saying "He has lost it" and "He should stop". His comeback did not deliver up to date, and weezers, a 5th place is the best he can get?

Of course your not going to brag about a 3th place on a freakin' Friday. Because we all know that was a so called 'Glory Run' how Michael does them occasionally on Fridays. Call it a 'feel good' moment for the fans who are still sticking with him.

Michael isn't the fastest German eighter, he's not even in the top three of fastest Germans of F1 today. How long can he walk around like this? I mean, the man must still have SOME selfrespect, don't ya think? It's Germany's WET dream having Schumacher driving THEIR Mercedes GP F1 car.... But the taste must be bitter, because "Night Immer, aber Immer Ofter: P11" ....

Also I wished he would race more up front, because losing out top spots are more sweet. I can get excited about the moments where Michael drives an entire race, struggles in the midfield and then finishes just out the top 10. BUT, I've had enough of those now, the joy is big, but come on. He can do better than that. He cannot play with the bigboys, so I am wondering what drives his in the 1st place to be where he is and doing what he does.

Why doesn't he move over and give a young talent his chance? Like, .. a woman? :rotfl: (sorry, couldn't resist to put that there, please ignore it if you can)

#12989 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 608 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:26

At least the Spa qualifying fail made them realise that they shouldn't waste soft tyres to get Michael to Q2, i think it's already an advantage for tomorrow.

#12990 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:27

are the mods ever going to sort frans out?
reminds of another forum i use where some rich guy was liked by the mods because he had a few expensive cars , every friday night he would post while drunk and threaten to beat people up and offering them out in a top trumps style bank balance challenge..

abasolute tosser who only recently got banned after he scammed another forum member over a car :rolleyes:

all frans does is troll everyone knows it but for some reason it gets ignored , people have had temp for replying to him even.....

#12991 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:32

are the mods ever going to sort frans out?
reminds of another forum i use where some rich guy was liked by the mods because he had a few expensive cars , every friday night he would post while drunk and threaten to beat people up and offering them out in a top trumps style bank balance challenge..

abasolute tosser who only recently got banned after he scammed another forum member over a car :rolleyes:

all frans does is troll everyone knows it but for some reason it gets ignored , people have had temp for replying to him even.....

It's because most of us who have been around a while see him as comical light relief.

#12992 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:36

It's because most of us who have been around a while see him as comical light relief.

loads of others this seaosn have started doing it aswell because they see him getting away with it though theres atleast 5 of them now

#12993 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 13:02

loads of others this seaosn have started doing it aswell because they see him getting away with it though theres atleast 5 of them now

ahh well wont see frans unril atleast tommorow now unless he comes out with some conspiracy theory how they made rosberg slower

#12994 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 13:04

Oh come on, I will have to go and send congratulations to a lot of people because of today.

Congrats here as well. :up:

#12995 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,706 posts

ahh well wont see frans unril atleast tommorow now unless he comes out with some conspiracy theory how they made rosberg slower

WasnT he on hards to MS's softs?

#12996 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Rosberg on a 1 stopper

#12997 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Why MS come out? For 8th place instead on 9th? Maybe 9th was better to start, clear line? Why? Why he didn't save this set?

#12998 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 13:05

Yeah, different pit strategy for tomorrow.

Merc sent him out in worst traffic.

#12999 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 13:05

WasnT he on hards to MS's softs?

Meds vs softs. Yep. I think they were pretty equal this time. .7 for gap between meds and softs seems alright.

And of course Ros is not on a one stopper. He will make 1 stop extra compared to MSC, as he has one extra set of softs. Will get the meds out of the way quickly if they're smart.

Edited by Augurk, 10 September 2011 - 13:07.

Advertisement

#13000 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 13:06

Michael was on softs. I wonder whether he didn't lose out a bit due to Hamilton's late breaking.