Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#13151 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,124 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:02

Yeah, everyone went outside at Curve Grande because you get the inside for the 2nd Chicane, the natural line into Grande sweeps you in tight and then wide, LH was again sticking his nose into a space that inevitably was going to close, at least this time he had the brains to get out of it.

Advertisement

#13152 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:03

Niki Lauda just said on RTL that MS drove a perfect race and maximized his car's potential. His duel with Lewis was awesome and pure racing. Lauda should know...

I am a through and through Ferrari fan.I became that because of Michael.It was a bad race for Ferrari but Schumacher's race just gave me joy.He is one of the few racers out there and what a pleasure to see him giving it his all showing that form is temporary,but class is permanent.I bet Hamilton's wish of racing Schumacher has been fulfilled now.

Amen. :up:

#13153 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,199 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:04

Who do you suggest it was the guy that finished a 1/4 of a minute in front of Schumacher at the end when it mattered.
All Schumacher did was get in the way of the real race with his trade mark goonish style
Shame Schumachers unsporting driving robbed us of the Alonso Hamilton Button clash we should have had, which would have been a taste treat of top professional racing, hard racing while at the same time respecting their competitors by not resorting to amateurish block double moves

:rotfl: :rotfl: :down:

#13154 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,129 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:04

The message was not primarily for Michael, it was to make sure no idiot steward got any funny ideas.

You will note that Ross told him to leave room into ASCARI, not where Hamilton was whining about him blocking at all. Ross was saying to the world and stewards that (as seen with Button) a sensible clean overtake in the right place would not be blocked in any way.

And in the end it wasnt.

Lewis' daft overlap into the right hander was not remotely on, he should have done what even Bruno Senna had the sense to do with Buemi and backed out of it and come back later.

Charlie spoke to Ross it is already noted, nice try

#13155 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,124 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:05

Who do you suggest it was the guy that finished a 1/4 of a minute in front of Schumacher at the end when it mattered.
All Schumacher did was get in the way of the real race with his trade mark goonish style
Shame Schumachers unsporting driving robbed us of the Alonso Hamilton Button clash we should have had, which would have been a taste treat of top professional racing, hard racing while at the same time respecting their competitors by not resorting to amateurish block double moves

Suggest we add another name to the list of those humiliated today..... SlateGray just did it to himself though.

What an embarrassing set of claims.

How DARE MS get in the way of the real race, what a bastard! if only Petrov hadn't got in the way at Abu Dhabi last year..... oh wait.. he was racing.

Seriously, come on Slate, at least try to come up with something sensible...... I know it's hard to overcome your hatred, but you can do it, feel the force !

#13156 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:05

You will note that Ross told him to leave room into ASCARI, not where Hamilton was whining about him blocking at all.

there were 2 calls
the first one I thought Ross told him NOT to leave room in Ascari as that was their weakness. that's where the mclarens passed in the end
the second one was to leave room for lewis but he could have said it just for FIA to hear they are doing everything and want to be fair to lewis.

he was not hard agaisnt lewis but incredibly hard. lewis is also a racer and I think he enjoyed every bit of this race. It's not about putting anyone else to shame, it's about fighting hard

#13157 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:08

Seriously, come on Slate, at least try to come up with something sensible......

:) :rotfl: I admire your efforts but be serious :)

let's not feed the only troll that had the courage to pop around here

#13158 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:08

Niki Lauda just said on RTL that MS drove a perfect race and maximized his car's potential. His duel with Lewis was awesome and pure racing. Lauda should know...

:clap:

#13159 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:10

lewis on RTL just saying it doesn't matter how much time he lost, good race, he finished ahead and that's it..

he was clearly disappointed, just didn't want to talk too much

Advertisement

#13160 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:12

Well I've nothing against Hamilton but got to say Michael just schooled him today. Bet Hamilton will wish he never ends up having to race MS again. :D

How did he school him? By having the faster car down the straight and blatant blocking. Real driver skill that

#13161 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,129 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:12

I am no fan of Lewis Hamilton far from it but he showed maturity beyond his years when dealing with the slow but unsporting and unpredictable Schumacher. Hamilton dispatched the desperate wanderer and finished well down the road but his race was ruined by having to wait of the FIA to tell Ross to tell Schumacher to stop being a Dick. By the time Schumacher got the message any chance for Hamilton to get on the podium was ruined

#13162 Wilgot

Wilgot

• 121 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:13

So does anyone think Schumacher can get on the podium before the season ends?

Nope. As he said, these last tracks have just suited the car very well. Great to see him up there today though!

#13163 sanW10

sanW10

• 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:14

Schumi did two great things today-
1. gave us, the loyal fans a great race
2. gave the tifosi something to enjoy - Ferrari in podium.

#13164 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:14

How did he school him? By having the faster car down the straight

Didn't Lewis had the fastest car in the corner? :rotfl:

#13165 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:15

there were 2 calls
the first one I thought Ross told him NOT to leave room in Ascari as that was their weakness. that's where the mclarens passed in the end
the second one was to leave room for lewis but he could have said it just for FIA to hear they are doing everything and want to be fair to lewis.

he was not hard agaisnt lewis but incredibly hard. lewis is also a racer and I think he enjoyed every bit of this race. It's not about putting anyone else to shame, it's about fighting hard

on both times he said the same - to leave room in ascari

#13166 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

How did he school him? By having the faster car down the straight and blatant blocking. Real driver skill that

Or some drivers forget how to fight, not just to press DRS button.
Lewis was almost crying on RTL. Dark glasses.
Who set the fastest time? One sector is not making fast lap. Stop crying.

Edited by ivand911, 11 September 2011 - 14:17.

#13167 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,199 posts

I am no fan of Lewis Hamilton far from it but he showed maturity beyond his years when dealing with the slow but unsporting and unpredictable Schumacher. Hamilton dispatched the desperate wanderer and finished well down the road but his race was ruined by having to wait of the FIA to tell Ross to tell Schumacher to stop being a Dick. By the time Schumacher got the message any chance for Hamilton to get on the podium was ruined

:rotfl: :down:

#13168 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

lewis on RTL just saying it doesn't matter how much time he lost, good race, he finished ahead and that's it..

he was clearly disappointed, just didn't want to talk too much

you understand how much PR team must work if hamilton 'speaks his mind'?

#13169 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,199 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:16

SlateGray :rotfl: :rotfl:

#13170 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:16

Great to see Schumi racing at the front again.
Very enjoyable to see him keeping Lewis behind with some hard racing, he schooled him today.
It's going to be fun next year if the Mercedes is a match for the current top teams.

#13171 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:17

c´mon guys, we´ve learned here that Lewis clearly had the inferior package today, we have to take that into account :eek:

#13172 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:17

Great race!

#13173 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,803 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:19

:rotfl: wait until he says something against MS......

#13174 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,124 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:19

Nope, still not succeeding, this is turning into an epic fail. Just give it up for today Slate, you clearly can only repeat the same BS over & over again to no effect.

#13175 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:21

That his comments are usually wild of the mark and complete bollocks doesn't mean he can't occasionally get it right :smoking:

#13176 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 609 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:24

he will be among the first to criticize as usual.. and insist that Michael should retire ofc.. :down:

#13177 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:30

c´mon guys, we´ve learned here that Lewis clearly had the inferior package today, we have to take that into account :eek:

Yup inferior package gave him the fastest lap :rolleyes:

#13178 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:31

Yup inferior package gave him the fastest lap :rolleyes:

Let's try to recognise sarcasm next time :up:

#13179 FTATRWeSaluteYou

FTATRWeSaluteYou

• 473 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:32

Michael was great today. Hes still got it. Now if Ross Brawn would shut up and get to work on improving the car Michael would be a force again.

Advertisement

#13180 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,129 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:35

I wonder what Charlie said to Ross re Schumacher's dangerous double blocks?
Any one like to speculate on the exact verbiage :lol:

#13181 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,443 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:36

There you go:

Posted Image
Posted Image

What's next, maybe I photoshopped them :lol:? No, the simple truth is I'm right and you're wrong, and it was you who called me a liar without any evidence :down:.

That is very simple math, so if you can't do it, I will. Average speed of 1:23 lap at Monza is 251 kph, so on average in 3 seconds they cover 210 metres. But with the speed on straights (320 kph) 3 seconds equal to 266 metres.

What the hell are you talking about?

Posted Image

I'm sorry to interrupt your party about yesterday but have you followed live telly? That gap to Hamilton was NOT three seconds after the first sector, more like 1.5. Whatever it was on start/finish, it doesn't matter. Simply because you cannot calculate everything happening during the lap itself. Everybody including the commentators agreed Hamilton would hold him up if he'd go out of the throttle. And it happened. Not to earth shattering amounts of time but like tenths.

Edited by Jejking, 11 September 2011 - 14:44.

#13182 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:43

I wonder what Charlie said to Ross re Schumacher's dangerous double blocks?
Any one like to speculate on the exact verbiage :lol:

deviating from the racing line once and returning to it is fine , but be careful because lewis is crying and throwing his toys out of the cockpit again , we wouldnt want him to see red and take another car out of yet another race.

#13183 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:43

That was a battle I really enjoyed. Lewis was throwing down one attack after the other through different parts of the circuit, but the old dog always had the answer each time. Too bad for Rosberg, I'd fathom a guess that he would be charging through the field towards the end of the race with the extra set of softs !

#13184 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 14:50

That was a battle I really enjoyed. Lewis was throwing down one attack after the other through different parts of the circuit, but the old dog always had the answer each time. Too bad for Rosberg, I'd fathom a guess that he would be charging through the field towards the end of the race with the extra set of softs !

probably would have got stuck behind massa because of the double drs

Edited by arknor, 11 September 2011 - 14:50.

#13185 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:07

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Fantastic to see the great man mixing it at the front again.

#13186 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:09

I am happy for Schumi. Good race for MGP under the circumstances.

#13187 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:12

I can't stop smiling. Thanks Michael. :kiss: He promised surprise and he did it.

#13188 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:14

It will be so GREAT watching Schumi gain five spots by the end of lap 1! I wish I was there.

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[rubbing it in] YES I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

#13189 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 609 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:15

I can't stop smiling. Thanks Michael. :kiss: He promised surprise and he did it.

He has started giving us reasons to smile almost every weekend hasn't he? :)

#13190 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 609 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:16

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[rubbing it in] YES I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

can i has podium prediction pl0x? :p

#13191 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:17

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Fantastic to see the great man mixing it at the front again.

Same here, I was watching on the BBC and had flashbacks to years ago when Schumi was schooling another one time British WDC.
Looking forward very much to a competitive 2012 MGP and an aggressive Schumacher.

#13192 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:18

I wish that MS would be the other driver in RBR. Vettel would have more work to do then. What performance at 42!!!!!! Mind-blowing. :clap:

Edited by ivand911, 11 September 2011 - 15:20.

#13193 Massa

Massa

• 4,413 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:21

He has shown to Massa what he had to do. Schumacher would be a perfect team mate for Alonso. Alonso - Schumacher, the perfect line up, fast, experimented, and dirty when its necessary

Edited by Massa, 11 September 2011 - 15:27.

#13194 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,449 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:23

Schumacher finally gave us what we've been waiting for, Hamilton vs. Schumacher on track. His form is finally coming good.

#13195 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:25

Yup me too :kiss:

#13196 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:28

I think MS didn't push much after last pit stop? He was just conserved the engine. Gap to Massa was enough, he could go even slower I think.

#13197 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,928 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:28

The desperate wanderer ended up in front of Hamilton in a slower car. How is it that such a thing could happen?
Can't stop smiling at your desperate posts.

#13198 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:34

I'm a Lewis fanatic and a Schumi supporter,and thank god for those two or I'd have turned the TV off!
:wave: The title has been sealed since race1,the least we can hope for is a battle like today for the remaining races.

#13199 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:39

I'm a Lewis fanatic and a Schumi supporter,and thank god for those two or I'd have turned the TV off!
:wave: The title has been sealed since race1,the least we can hope for is a battle like today for the remaining races.

Yep if not for the schumi/hamy battle the race would have been a snorefest.

Advertisement

#13200 weston

weston

• 371 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:47

Schumacher: "It was an exciting race today, both for me and I think for all of our fans, and that is why I am happy. The fighting against Lewis was big fun, and my mirrors seemed to be very small at times. We are both known for driving on the limit, and that is what we did. I had to make my car as wide as a truck, and had to stretch the possible as much as I could, but in the end, as expected, he was still faster."

After the race, asked if Schumacher’s driving had been fair, Hamilton said “Yeah, that’s racing.” He said his car’s straight-line speed made it hard to pass the Mercedes: “We just lost a little bit on the straights and that’s why I couldn’t pass Michael.”

Edited by weston, 11 September 2011 - 15:49.