Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#13201 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:47

From MGP website: Michael gained four positions on the first lap, taking his season total of places gained on the first lap to 35.

Advertisement

#13202 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:52

Yep if not for the schumi/hamy battle the race would have been a snorefest.

And most importantly they occupied 80%* of TV time. Vettel won and he was on screen for all of 6 minutes.

* might be a tad exaggerated

#13203 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:57

http://www.youtube.c...U...der&list=UL

Great fight. Too bad a few people want to spoil it.

#13204 weston

weston

• 371 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:58

And most importantly they occupied 80%* of TV time. Vettel won and he was on screen for all of 6 minutes.

It was a good battle, a hard but fair one. That’s why we all love drivers like Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Alonso or Hamilton.
(Vettel is about to join this group).

#13205 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:59

Driver of the race again!

Well done Michael.

Hang on, I agree that Shumi was spectacular at Spa, but 'the driver of the race' at Monza? He started eighth, was gifted three positions when Petrov, Massa and Webber had collisions which promoted him to fifth. That position, given that his team-mate was also involved in a crash, was about the worst he could do, and he finished... fifth. It's not like anyone, least of all you I suspect, expected Alguersuari to finish ahead of Shumi, and that was his closest rival.

#13206 razno

razno

• 82 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:01

Great fight.

Wohoo.. outside line .... :clap:

#13207 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,927 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:02

Hang on, I agree that Shumi was spectacular at Spa, but 'the driver of the race' at Monza? He started eighth, was gifted three positions when Petrov, Massa and Webber had collisions which promoted him to fifth. That position, given that his team-mate was also involved in a crash, was about the worst he could do, and he finished... fifth. It's not like anyone, least of all you I suspect, expected Alguersuari to finish ahead of Shumi, and that was his closest rival.

I don't think so, he made the position before the collision, watch the replay. Started 8th and got to 4th.

#13208 MarioKart

MarioKart

• 142 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:02

I'm a Lewis fanatic and a Schumi supporter,and thank god for those two or I'd have turned the TV off!
:wave: The title has been sealed since race1,the least we can hope for is a battle like today for the remaining races.

:up:

It was great fun. I thought Hamilton was very respectful to Schumi, and Schumi gave all his best within the limitations of his car. Great racing from both! :clap:

#13209 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:03

He started eighth, was gifted three positions when Petrov, Massa and Webber had collisions which promoted him to fifth.

Yeah, he was gifted by being in front of them.

Go away.

I think he actually even overtook Hamilton but the SC was deployed at the same time and he had to give the place back too.

Edited by Diablobb81, 11 September 2011 - 16:04.

#13210 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:03

Great fight. Too bad a few people want to spoil it.

great move :clap:

#13211 nomeg1

nomeg1

• 4,942 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:04

Schumacher said his driving was within the rules: “I felt I did exactly what I was supposed to do and as far as I understand there was no request for me to see the stewards so I guess everything is in order.”

After the race, asked if Schumacher’s driving had been fair, Hamilton said “Yeah, that’s racing.”

Hamilton added: “It was a good race. I got some points and I finished, so I can’t really complain.”

That is sportive and fair play Lewis ! :clap:

#13212 razno

razno

• 82 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:04

Hang on, I agree that Shumi was spectacular at Spa, but 'the driver of the race' at Monza? He started eighth, was gifted three positions when Petrov, Massa and Webber had collisions which promoted him to fifth. .....

Troll! :down:

http://www.youtube.c...etailpage#t=28s

Edited by razno, 11 September 2011 - 16:06.

#13213 weston

weston

• 371 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:12

Are we speaking about Monza 2011 ? In 2011 Schumacher was already in front of Massa and Button at Turn 1.

Edited by weston, 11 September 2011 - 16:19.

#13214 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:16

Great drive from Michael. Good to see him finally showing his true ability again.

#13215 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:18

lol how was he gifted any position when he was already infront of all of them on merit before they were involved in an incident? you make no sense also look at the laptimes for massa..
http://en.mclarenf-1.....=Felipe Massa
nothing sugggests he had the pace to beat michael

#13216 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:21

I really respect your posts,but this is a low blow. MS made his own destiny today with hard racing and battling.

#13217 Sof1

Sof1

• 607 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:43

Anyone has the start of the race from MS onboard cam?

#13218 NateF

NateF

• 1,066 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:49

I think Schumacher will get a podium in Korea

#13219 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,559 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:49

Fantastic drive from Schumacher today, and quite an exciting duel with Hamilton as well. Now if Merc can just get their car sorted, we might see more awesome battles near the front such as this one. :D

Advertisement

#13220 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 16:59

Fantastic drive from Schumacher today, and quite an exciting duel with Hamilton as well. Now if Merc can just get their car sorted, we might see more awesome battles near the front such as this one. :D

Well the Mercs are fast on tracks with long straights
well Indian GP looks like a good place for Schumy to get podium (as i will be there to watch it) hopefully
the Indian Gp track is said to have much higher average speed than Monza! :clap:

#13221 Aloisioitaly

Aloisioitaly

• 272 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:04

It was a good battle, a hard but fair one. That’s why we all love drivers like Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Alonso or Hamilton.
(Vettel is about to join this group).

We all?!?

#13222 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:05

generally I think all of the remaining tracks should be ok for him, I expect some strong showings at Singapore, Interlagos and especially Suzuka.

#13223 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,559 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:16

One more thing--can we finally put the "Jock Clear Conspiracy" to bed now? Ever since Clear's gone back to his post as one of the race engineers, Schumacher's had two fantastic races, both due in part to some sensible strategy calls. They seem to be a very strong team.

#13224 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:22

One more thing--can we finally put the "Jock Clear Conspiracy" to bed now? Ever since Clear's gone back to his post as one of the race engineers, Schumacher's had two fantastic races, both due in part to some sensible strategy calls. They seem to be a very strong team.

Yeah, we can. But ,it was good laugh. I think Clear is bringing luck, before for Nico ,now for Michael. Lets continue this way.

#13225 weston

weston

• 371 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:26

No. Keep conspiracy alive. We might need it later. :drunk:

#13226 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:31

Go away.

I don't think so...

Troll! :down:

I really respect your posts,but this is a low blow.

Chesus kraist :eek: So I hadn't watched the replay of the start and obviously got a few things wrong, but come on :rolleyes:

Edited by VresiBerba, 11 September 2011 - 17:32.

#13227 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:35

Chesus kraist :eek: So I hadn't watched the replay of the start and obviously got a few things wrong, but come on :rolleyes:

Well, with that often patronising tone of yours what do you expect? It's like on track, if you want to be arrogant, first make sure you're right. :p

#13228 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:36

Problem is that you constantly don't watch what you are talking about.

What was the incident when you were in the bathroom? :rotfl: You were sure quick to start a thread though.

Edited by Diablobb81, 11 September 2011 - 17:36.

#13229 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:46

It is good to see Michael showing some magic from past again. I hope Michael will do a podium before season end and i am looking forward a competitive car for next year.

#13230 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 17:56

It is good to see Michael showing some magic from past again. I hope Michael will do a podium before season end and i am looking forward a competitive car for next year.

hope so :up: :up:

#13231 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:05

Well, with that often patronising tone of yours what do you expect? It's like on track, if you want to be arrogant, first make sure you're right. :p

Well, at least I'm not big enough to admit when I'm wrong. And who are you to accuse people of patronising tones, have you ever written a post beyond 140 characters on this board that's not.

Thanks, Tor.

Edited by VresiBerba, 11 September 2011 - 18:23.

#13232 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:15

Well, at least I'm not big enough to admit when I'm wrong. And who are you to accuse people of patronising tones, have you ever written a post beyond 140 characters on this board that's not.

I think you mean you ARE big enough......nevermind. ;)

#13233 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:22

I think you mean you ARE big enough......nevermind.;)

Posted Image

#13234 pUs

pUs

• 2,553 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:24

Well, at least I'm not big enough to admit when I'm wrong.

For once, I agree with you. :lol:

Edited by pUs, 11 September 2011 - 18:26.

#13235 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:26

Great drive, good to see some hard driving out there again, might be some life in the old boy yet  ;)

I do wish they were more like American racers though, those guys appreciate that 4th place is nowhere so they help each other until they get themselves back up to the front and at least Hamilton and maybe MS could have had Alonso today had they worked together.

#13236 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:27

Was a Fraudian slip if I ever saw one.

#13237 kal-el

kal-el

• 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:29

So does anyone think Schumacher can get on the podium before the season ends?

probably India.. long long long straight

#13238 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 18:34

You know Michael's had a great race when there's two Schumacher-haters bitchslapping each other on the Schumacher thread. :D

Bundle of laughs, this last page. Thanks for the entertainment.

#13239 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,866 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 19:23

The last two races have shown why Schumacher still deserves his place in F1. Looking forward to 2012 and a hopefully more competitive W03.

Advertisement

#13240 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 19:29

The last two races have shown why Schumacher still deserves his place in F1. Looking forward to 2012 and a hopefully more competitive W03.

Sad to say with the lack of testing these days it becomes a money game which ironically is the reason for no testing so I can't see much changing next year. Today was a gamble using the Benz power with little wing and seemingly MS's ability at high speed circuits and Spa but that's not going to happen every race and I think it will be back to struggling for inside the top 6 again shortly.

#13241 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 19:30

Great drive by MS! Battle with LH was clearly the highlight of the race.

#13242 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 19:42

You just had to edit out the stroke, I see. Big of you :up:

#13243 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 20:02

probably India.. long long long straight

but they lose more time in the corners than they make up on the straights anyway look at monza.. sometimes schumacher was 0.5-1 second faster in the first sector but lost more time than that in the other 2 sectors

#13244 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 20:11

I think we have to take whatever we get. I'd be very satisfied if MGP could keep the Monza-level for future races, but as Schumacher said, it's a matter of track suiting the car, rather than any sort of dramatic progress.

#13245 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 20:12

We have not seen intense racing like that on the edge for while. It was good to see. I don't get what all the fuss is about bad driving. It good to watch. We have not seen a long battle like that in a while and thats cause we saw two drivers on edge fighting.

Anyone who complains at that needs to find a new sport to watch. It was the only entertaning thing all race.

I say hats off to both of them for good on edge racing.

Its a shame Schumacher is not in Webbers seat really. As much as i like Webber i think he is wasting that that Red Bull seat this year. Would love to see Schumacher and Vettel head to head in Red Bull

#13246 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 21:35

Thanks, Tor.

What can I say? Thanks for giving a another sterling example of you logical capabilities! :up: :drunk:

#13247 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 22:06

Schumacher and Hamilton at Monaco, Schumacher and Hamilton at Canada, and again at Monza.

I think this is the battle on track I wanted from Montoya and Schumacher alot, the only problem Montoya was not on a higher consistent level like Hamilton.

I remember fans going to that spain test in 2007 just to see Hamilton and Schumacher on track, I do think those two are capable of fireworks that would derail all other things on track like today at Monza, Schumacher enjoyed it, and deep down Hamilton never thought he would be having these chances to race with Michael. With the yellow helmet, it was as close as you'll get to seeing Senna and Schumacher go at it in todays f1 field. Hamilton is very precise, especially in qualifying, he's nothing like the personality of Senna, but he is a racer that Schumacher would like to compete with, and I think we've seen it on track many times. Both have pushed the boundaries and raced hard, and pissed other drivers off in the last 2 seasons, they are I think more win at all costs, Alonso is like that as well, but perhaps Alonso is more measured at ferrari given the attention on him for now, but even Alonso has lost in road rage in the past, the remaining clear nutters of the field must be Hamilton and Schuey.

Great stuff, this season has been the most consistent entertaining f1 season, even from races like Spain which people used to feel was boring, this f1 is reborn, and it's good to see Schumacher toast it off with his return no matter how long, we got a great bunch of drivers and iinteresting rules, good times.

Edited by SeanValen, 11 September 2011 - 22:14.

#13248 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 00:26

Michael wasn't gifted anything. He was already in fourth and way ahead of that collision when it happened. If Webber had been able to continue he might have caught back up, but that's about it.

MGP is the fourth place team. The package does not have the pace to compete with RBR, Ferrari, and McL. In a perfect race where everybody keeps there noses clean, the best Michael can expect to attain is P7.

#13249 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:22

Tardis

Vresiberba has already admitted he didn't watch the replay before commenting (why he needede to watch a replay is strange - I saw it happen in real time)...but that's not the first time he/she has commented on something he/she hasn't seen....

#13250 black magic

black magic

• 3,880 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:52

guess he also missed michael having more than 1 look at alonso in those opening laps

great watching the old guy being able to match it over so many laps unlike most of his younger contemporaries.