Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#13301 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 22:47

I've always been highly supportive of the BBC coverage and their commentary team. However their credibility has taken a hit from this event as far as I am concerned.

I've kept my mouth shut until now because one doesn't always know how much of what is said on air comes from the actual person behind the microphone, or from the other person that he hears through that little earphone they all wear. But Brundle has overstepped the line in his blog, especially in the light of the continual conduct of his favorite driver over his entire career and especially this season. Hamilton hasn't been blocking and squeezing, he's been ramming. What Shumacher did was a work of art in defensive driving and should be appreciated for what it was.

Couldnt have said it better myself. :up:

Advertisement

#13302 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 23:33

I think that was probably me.

I have a new observation that the people who most like the little yellow faces are those least able to follow a logical train of thought. Haven't seen you use the little one with the question marks for hair yet. Here, maybe this'll help.

Awful driving from Schumacher yesterday and a reminder why most will never consider him a SPORTING great (hint, the emphasis is important).

Regards.

Hamilton got away with murder at Monaco this year, he was basically ramming through, especially on Maldenaldo, that wasn't overtaking, that was road rage.

I like Hamilton and despite alot of questionable moves and decisions, his Spa race bascially ended because he did what Schumacher did at Monza lol, go back on his racing line.

Before Schumacher came back into f1, Hamilton always said that Schumacher was the driver he wanted to race against, and that even included Senna, and now he's raced with him, he'll value that Monza race more then many would believe in the years ahead, even Alonso knows and recently talked about Schumaher's 20th anniversary, that it was Alonso's on track tusssles with Schumacher, that will largely be remembered, Hamilton knows the same, and so does Schumacher, clearly enjoyed racing with a fellow racer on a level that isn't possible with most other drivers.

Senna in the early 90s, showed a very tight line, giving Schumacher little room, Schumacher went off, Schumacher learnt from tactics there, and who's Hamilton's idol anyway-Senna.

Hamilton is enjoying this, but he won't admit it straight out, because every word has a political/cause-effect reasons, but believe me, years from now, these are the tusscles everyone will value. The Schumacher/Alonso Imola 2005/2006 moments, immortalised among other moments by fans worldwide.

This is a great era of f1 racing, with perhaps the best combination of drivers, with rules changes that have given a rebirth of making almost every gp a event, I haven't seen one boring race this year, this is awesome, and Hamilton has played a important role in it even without winning a title/, that's what f1 is about sometimes, those on track racing moments, rather then adding up the championship points.

Edited by SeanValen, 12 September 2011 - 23:37.

#13303 917k

• 2,575 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 23:56

Hamilton got away with murder at Monaco this year, he was basically ramming through, especially on Maldenaldo, that wasn't overtaking, that was road rage.

I like Hamilton and despite alot of questionable moves and decisions, his Spa race bascially ended because he did what Schumacher did at Monza lol, go back on his racing line.

Before Schumacher came back into f1, Hamilton always said that Schumacher was the driver he wanted to race against, and that even included Senna, and now he's raced with him, he'll value that Monza race more then many would believe in the years ahead, even Alonso knows and recently talked about Schumaher's 20th anniversary, that it was Alonso's on track tusssles with Schumacher, that will largely be remembered, Hamilton knows the same, and so does Schumacher, clearly enjoyed racing with a fellow racer on a level that isn't possible with most other drivers.

Senna in the early 90s, showed a very tight line, giving Schumacher little room, Schumacher went off, Schumacher learnt from tactics there, and who's Hamilton's idol anyway-Senna.

Hamilton is enjoying this, but he won't admit it straight out, because every word has a political/cause-effect reasons, but believe me, years from now, these are the tusscles everyone will value. The Schumacher/Alonso Imola 2005/2006 moments, immortalised among other moments by fans worldwide.

This is a great era of f1 racing, with perhaps the best combination of drivers, with rules changes that have given a rebirth of making almost every gp a event, I haven't seen one boring race this year, this is awesome, and Hamilton has played a important role in it even without winning a title/, that's what f1 is about sometimes, those on track racing moments, rather then adding up the championship points.

Great post as ever, Sean, very thoughtful.

#13304 black magic

black magic

• 3,859 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 23:59

funny how michael never bitched after hamilton squeezed him at st devote.

also funny that DC and brundle also aware that many in f1 tv world view them as biased against schumacher as dc defended more than once.

so keep replying to their blog and give it back. guess socail media works both ways.

pretty limp mclaren calling it harsh but never quite asserting it was illegal.

fact is michael showed more spirit and fight than most of the grid put together. when it was someone like montoya holding schumacher when he was dominant the boardsd used to light up with excitement.

and what do fia have to say calling it too robust but not penalising him. should we be grateful that they didnt or mad that they didnt have the balls to ping him but wanted lewis past.

and lewis has to take it because he knows as well as anyone in the past it has been him dishing it out.

I reckon michael will be unaffected - he has always taken a ahrd nosed attitude and faught for everything - and god dont we and his team members love it.

not bad that the old guy can keep the cameras fixated on him despite battling for 3/4th.

#13305 warmandog

warmandog

• 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 00:21

funny how michael never bitched after hamilton squeezed him at st devote.

also funny that DC and brundle also aware that many in f1 tv world view them as biased against schumacher as dc defended more than once.

so keep replying to their blog and give it back. guess socail media works both ways.

pretty limp mclaren calling it harsh but never quite asserting it was illegal.

fact is michael showed more spirit and fight than most of the grid put together. when it was someone like montoya holding schumacher when he was dominant the boardsd used to light up with excitement.

and what do fia have to say calling it too robust but not penalising him. should we be grateful that they didnt or mad that they didnt have the balls to ping him but wanted lewis past.

and lewis has to take it because he knows as well as anyone in the past it has been him dishing it out.

I reckon michael will be unaffected - he has always taken a ahrd nosed attitude and faught for everything - and god dont we and his team members love it.

not bad that the old guy can keep the cameras fixated on him despite battling for 3/4th.

complete true and about schumi vs hammi at saint devote.. judge by youself
http://www.youtube.c...ture=grec_index

or this does not crosed or steps the line david and jordan!!!!

#13306 buellher

buellher

• 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:47

I have a new observation that the people who most like the little yellow faces are those least able to follow a logical train of thought. Haven't seen you use the little one with the question marks for hair yet. Here, maybe this'll help.

Oh, absolutely :rolleyes: . We are also the ones whom can still express sheer joy at the power of competition - unlike some sad little people ....

#13307 CSF

CSF

• 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:56

Personally, Lewis Hamilton's penalty in Malaysia was odd.

In the Italian Grand Prix, you either penalize Alonso and Schumacher or neither at all. I don't want F1 to become like Indycar and penalize blocking. I grew up watching hard racing, and I hate the fact that blocking might no longer be a skill thats appreciated in f1. I can accept the 1 move rule to a degree, but to then not allow a move back onto the racing line is simply stupid. If a defence has been completed you should be allowed to take a decent line for the next corner, simple as. What happened at Monza was against what DC especially went with at Spa, where was moaning at Kobayashi for apparently turning in on Lewis. I can understand the DRS shite, but simply the FIA has the DRS in too long a position for it to work as it should do, to aid potential overtaking, and not allow pure blasting past. In fact, the pure example I can think of involves Schumacher, in Canada, where it made no difference what he did to protect his more than deserved podium, the slow as hell most of the race Webber, still overtook because his car was quicker in the dry.

I loved watching Schumacher and Hamilton, because whether that pathetic excuse for a Senna fan Lewis accepts it or now, it was what I grew up watching. Two very good racers fighting for a position. Far better than blasting past someone.

Another thing I feel is that Schumacher was always going to put the moves on Lewis when he had the chance. I think he must feel Lewis is a mentally weak driver, and possibly someone he marked out when Lewis made heavy weather of beating Massa to the 08 title. In 08 Michael said their would be some interesting battles, and I think we are seeing it. If Mercedes had a good car I think Michael could be right up there again. There is something that has changed since Canada, it is almost as though he believes it himself after the hammering he took in 2010, especially after the Hungary thing. 2012 will be very interesting, as the one person I'd hate to be going up against race in race out is Michael Schumacher. Especially at 43 bloody years old. It all depends on Mercedes I suppose.

In fact, I'd love to see Kimi Raikkonen come back, if only to ensure that Schumacher's comeback isn't as bad as people seem to believe. :rotfl:

Edited by CSF, 13 September 2011 - 01:58.

#13308 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:01

I've always been highly supportive of the BBC coverage and their commentary team. However their credibility has taken a hit from this event as far as I am concerned.

I've kept my mouth shut until now because one doesn't always know how much of what is said on air comes from the actual person behind the microphone, or from the other person that he hears through that little earphone they all wear. But Brundle has overstepped the line in his blog, especially in the light of the continual conduct of his favorite driver over his entire career and especially this season. Hamilton hasn't been blocking and squeezing, he's been ramming. What Shumacher did was a work of art in defensive driving and should be appreciated for what it was.

I have to appologize, but what are you actually saying? Schumacher is Brundles favorites? I do not follow that relationship every day, but in the past I would have to say that those two had actually strained relationship. In fact, Michael was avoding him whenever possible. These days they probably patch that up, sort off, but its far from perfect. The same with DC.

Edited by Sakae, 13 September 2011 - 02:01.

#13309 anachronox

anachronox

• 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:07

#13310 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,333 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:15

look at all th at weaving and blocking Lewham is doing to Jenson ;);)

#13311 CSF

CSF

• 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:21

:rotfl: Nice "two moves" from Lewis at the end. The vast majority of that video showed Michael making no moves and defending when Lewis ran out of revs. Amusing. :D I also think Jenson calculated his move better, taking the run out of lesmo's into the straight...

#13312 jondoe955

jondoe955

• 500 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:22

Ah, once again I'm in the minority. Blocking isn't racing to me. 'Gentlemen racing'? Why, how old-fashioned of a driver to follow the rules or allow a superior car to pass. Or queer! :rolleyes: If that was exciting, then you must have loved Bernoldi holding up Coulthard for most of the Monaco race. Ex-citing!
If MS and LH were battling for every corner, THAT would have been exciting. Blocking - ugh! Brawn wouldn't have been on the radio if these were legal moves. I'm not much of a Ham fan. But MS makes him look like a choir boy! And, again, like Earnhart, it bothers me more because they both had tremendous talent, and tarnished their legacy with dirty racing.

And to those who say DRS has ruined F1 - we all have our beliefs. To me, it is a simple mechanism to overcome turbulence, and allow passing. If the passed car is truly superior, it will repass on the next lap. If you are not within a second, it doesn't affect the race. Artificial? Maybe, but it's far from the pointless Nascar-type passing. I'm loving it!

#13313 CSF

CSF

• 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:36

Ah, once again I'm in the minority. Blocking isn't racing to me. 'Gentlemen racing'? Why, how old-fashioned of a driver to follow the rules or allow a superior car to pass. Or queer! :rolleyes: If that was exciting, then you must have loved Bernoldi holding up Coulthard for most of the Monaco race. Ex-citing!
If MS and LH were battling for every corner, THAT would have been exciting. Blocking - ugh! Brawn wouldn't have been on the radio if these were legal moves. I'm not much of a Ham fan. But MS makes him look like a choir boy! And, again, like Earnhart, it bothers me more because they both had tremendous talent, and tarnished their legacy with dirty racing.

And to those who say DRS has ruined F1 - we all have our beliefs. To me, it is a simple mechanism to overcome turbulence, and allow passing. If the passed car is truly superior, it will repass on the next lap. If you are not within a second, it doesn't affect the race. Artificial? Maybe, but it's far from the pointless Nascar-type passing. I'm loving it!

I'd be interested to understand your view point on Senna then. This might not be the right topic for it, but for me, Senna was the ultimate squeezer/blocker, hence why I mentioned Lewis as a rather poor Senna fan in terms of his moaning and quotes regarding Schumacher's career, not to mention his radio transmission in Monaco.

E: Infact, Bernoldi's "blocking" of DC was probably moaned about by the same people who are moaning now, though I can't remember any blocking. It was Monaco. Not exactly Monza + DRS in terms of overtaking.

Edited by CSF, 13 September 2011 - 02:49.

#13314 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,109 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:15

Mentions of Monaco got me thinking that perhaps MS saw & noted for future reference the "Hamilton Hand" that waved at him after the pass at St Devote, the almost dismissive sign of "Out of my way, how dare you even consider closing the door". We saw it again in Spa when LH began the ruck with Maldonado at La Source.

I just wonder if after Monaco MS just decided, "right you jumped up little ****er, next chance I get I'm going to make you work harder than you've ever had to work for a pass. If you don't have respect for me, then I'll show you."

Don't get me wrong, MS has always been a tough pass, but to my mind there was a little something extra in it on Sunday. And if so, it serves LH right, because he doesn't respect the other drivers & he does have a "superior" attitude.

Note: MS did little wrong in my mind and having seen the in-car footage, LH going for the gap that was inevitably closing at Curva Grande was just like Canada minus the spray and comical finish.

#13315 Number62

Number62

• 493 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:08

Would that be the same Monaco where Schumacher rammed Hamilton at the start and broke off half his wing endplate?

The Stewards decided not to interfere with that one?!

#13316 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,501 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:25

Mentions of Monaco got me thinking that perhaps MS saw & noted for future reference the "Hamilton Hand" that waved at him after the pass at St Devote, the almost dismissive sign of "Out of my way, how dare you even consider closing the door". We saw it again in Spa when LH began the ruck with Maldonado at La Source.

I just wonder if after Monaco MS just decided, "right you jumped up little ****er, next chance I get I'm going to make you work harder than you've ever had to work for a pass. If you don't have respect for me, then I'll show you."

Don't get me wrong, MS has always been a tough pass, but to my mind there was a little something extra in it on Sunday. And if so, it serves LH right, because he doesn't respect the other drivers & he does have a "superior" attitude.

Note: MS did little wrong in my mind and having seen the in-car footage, LH going for the gap that was inevitably closing at Curva Grande was just like Canada minus the spray and comical finish.

Y'know, I think there may be some truth in this. Also agree that the 'gap' Lewis went for was closing. There was no way through there, short of Schumi getting out of his way; and why should he do that? I think that is particularly visible from JB's onboard camera.

#13317 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,501 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:27

I did want to add that, for me, this scrap will stand out even a few years down the road. Lewis & Michael, two damn good racers, going at it lap after lap, no quarter given nor taken. This is great stuff. :up:

#13318 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,643 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:30

I did want to add that, for me, this scrap will stand out even a few years down the road. Lewis & Michael, two damn good racers, going at it lap after lap, no quarter given nor taken. This is great stuff. :up:

I quite agree, it was a pleasure to watch. Both guys put their skills on show and showed what makes them great. More of this type of racing please. :)

#13319 KiloWatt

KiloWatt

• 1,188 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:40

Very well said. It was beautiful to watch. As someone else said, MS showed more spirit than the entire grid combined. People can say what they want, you don't win 7WDC by being a pussy and a pushover. MS did exactly what he had to do. On a track where the W02s weaknesses were less evident, Lewis got to know the real Schumacher. And he finally met up with someone that gave him exactly what he's been giving to the rest of the field.

Advertisement

#13320 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,643 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:48

Very well said. It was beautiful to watch. As someone else said, MS showed more spirit than the entire grid combined. People can say what they want, you don't win 7WDC by being a pussy and a pushover. MS did exactly what he had to do. On a track where the W02s weaknesses were less evident, Lewis got to know the real Schumacher. And he finally met up with someone that gave him exactly what he's been giving to the rest of the field.

He sure did but we need to also recognise Hamilton's skill in attacking on Sunday. He gave Schumacher alot to think about and showed he wasn't afraid to try a move when he needed to. Schumacher defended hard and we were gifted such a great battle IMO. :)

#13321 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,501 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:49

...and the difference in gearing helped a bunch!

#13322 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:52

Senna-Mansell Monaco 92...

#13323 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,643 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:54

...and the difference in gearing helped a bunch!

Yeah the Merc was weak in the corners and faster on the straights, and the Mac had the better cornering speed but bounced off the limiter once in the slipstream. Both drivers had opposite setups that made this sort of battle possible. Great stuff.

#13324 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:04

All the time I was thinking how Michael manages to keep the car on track through the curves at that speed and so little rear end downforce.
Both drivers drove at top level, I am not a Hamilton fan but always give him credit when he shows his abilities to drive at the edge too.

Edited by sharo, 13 September 2011 - 08:04.

#13325 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,501 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:10

Yeah the Merc was weak in the corners and faster on the straights, and the Mac had the better cornering speed but bounced off the limiter once in the slipstream. Both drivers had opposite setups that made this sort of battle possible. Great stuff.

Sums it up nicely. :up:

#13326 KiloWatt

KiloWatt

• 1,188 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:16

He sure did but we need to also recognise Hamilton's skill in attacking on Sunday. He gave Schumacher alot to think about and showed he wasn't afraid to try a move when he needed to. Schumacher defended hard and we were gifted such a great battle IMO. :)

You speak the truth. We can all agree that there's only a handfull of drivers with which you can race quite this hard. You certainly wouldn't do it with either Fag packets or, heaven forbid, Kobayashi.

#13327 KiloWatt

KiloWatt

• 1,188 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:17

DC: Michael took is as far as he could.
http://planetf1.com/...Far-As-He-Could

#13328 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,276 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:20

Interesting. He did exactly the opposite in BBC Forum and during coverage.

#13329 penta1998

penta1998

• 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:22

Speaking of PF1, http://planet-f1.com...-Winners-Losers got me laughing. MS is one of their losers of the race. Now how is that possible.

#13330 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:33

Speaking of PF1, http://planet-f1.com...-Winners-Losers got me laughing. MS is one of their losers of the race. Now how is that possible.

Read the comments, fans are not stupid. They tell AD what they think about him.

#13331 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,304 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:34

If you bothered to read what they have written then perhaps you would understand.

#13332 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:38

If you bothered to read what they have written then perhaps you would understand.

He is not the only one who don't understand. 90% from the comments are negative about the article. Fans want what MS give them. Period. Maybe you can understand that.

#13333 black magic

black magic

• 3,859 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:58

well at least should be ranked up there with arnoux and villeneuve in france way back when

#13334 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:13

Anyone have a video of his start onboard or his overtake on Alonso?

#13335 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:17

MS is one of their losers of the race. Now how is that possible.

Well, let me explain. If it was in it's Ferrari or Benneton era, he wouldn't neven bother to finish in that position, would park his car, be grumpy and very dissatisfied.

Now at Mercedes, he smiles like a Farmer with tooth-pain, and waves and it happy (??) with his 5th position. hehehehe, ...

And as a matter of fact. didn't he drive in 2nd place of the race at some point. ? Finishing 5th after that is kinda sucky. I mean, didn't he drop 4 places from there? And he still is lucky those 4 competitors from lap one were eliminated, Rosberg would be easily in front of him if I watch the rest of the results of this season so far, and so would Petrov. And maybe even more drivers. But hey, have a good time with that unbelievable, incredible, AMAZING 5th place. (pfffffft, gna gnagna)

But also, Schumacher got two warnings over the radio, regarding his strange and dangerous driving. FROM HIS TEAM BOSS, hahahaha, like a little kid what is doing something he is not allowed to do. While he is the oldest fart out there! He should be ashamed of himself. But he doesn't have those DNA gene's in his body, so don't worry, he won't.

Like a little kiddo, he told the media "Race Control didn't give me the call. So it was all ok." No duude, your DADDY gave you the call TWICE, that's much better eh? HAHA. Michael will never change, that's for sure. And even in that slow Mercedes car, he can be a danger for the drivers, AND the people who come and watch the Grand Prix. Beware if he is around, danger lurks all around ya! With Michael in the race, a chance of a lose flying F1 car-part is ALWAYS there!

Jos in the Arrows performed better than Schumacher in the Mercedes, and the Arrows was NOT the 4th best team on the grid, NEVER was. KaTjinga!

Edited by Frans, 13 September 2011 - 09:23.

#13336 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:26

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/58826.html

Jenson should just shut up. He was so far behind Lewis and MS that he could not have possibly known what was happening. He was just waiting (as he normally does) for Lewis and MS to dice it out and when MS' tyres were shot and he was about to pit, Jenson passes him and then talks as though it was the greatest pass of all time. What bullsh*t.

#13337 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:51

Didn't the McLaren boys showed "Old Number 7" who's fastest when it counts most? At the Finish?

Might the fastest driver be in front, so to speak. :wave:

#13338 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:53

good for you chubby

#13339 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:04

Schumi moves on fernando

Advertisement

#13340 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:12

Jenson should just shut up. He was so far behind Lewis and MS that he could not have possibly known what was happening. He was just waiting (as he normally does) for Lewis and MS to dice it out and when MS' tyres were shot and he was about to pit, Jenson passes him and then talks as though it was the greatest pass of all time. What bullsh*t.

Forget him. We know him how he drove all race behind MS in Bahrain 2010, also Spain 2010. He didn't overtake him then. He can overtake with DRS only. And we remember him before 2009. He didn't show then even the half of what MS is showing now.

Edited by ivand911, 13 September 2011 - 10:15.

#13341 Beyond

Beyond

• 371 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:13

guys I was there in monza near the first corner. michael was fantastic, he managed to block every attempt to pass by lewis and he was braking even later than him. superb race.

#13342 Beyond

Beyond

• 371 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:15

Didn't the McLaren boys showed "Old Number 7" who's fastest when it counts most? At the Finish?

I'm sorry but lewis was heavily beaten this time. a fantastic battle and michael showed him how to resist. lewis was really pissed off after the race because he couldnt make a move and he got passed 2 times by michael.

#13343 anachronox

anachronox

• 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:17

Not yet, its been 11 years since Mclaren boys are trying to win a Championship! :blush:

#13344 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,304 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:17

And yet another clueless post from someone who I doubt has ever sat in an F1 car let alone drive one. :rolleyes:

#13345 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:22

11 mins of pure racing!

#13346 anachronox

anachronox

• 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:24

And yet another clueless post from someone who I doubt has ever sat in an F1 car let alone drive one. :rolleyes:

How is your recovery going Robert? Hope to see you back in the F1 car soon :wave:

#13347 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:25

Of course. Jenson's comments have nothing to do with the McLaren PR machine kicking in. Funny thing to read the press conference and then that interview in the Sun.

#13348 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:27

Schumi moves on fernando

onboard

#13349 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,304 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:29

Of course. Jenson's comments have nothing to do with the McLaren PR machine kicking in. Funny thing to read the press conference and then that interview in the Sun.

Comments often change when they have had time to sit back and reflect, but to suggest JB couldn't see what was happening and had no idea what was going on is simply laughable.

Just for the record before any accusations are pasted around, I didn't have any real problems with MS's driving.

#13350 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:38

Comments often change when they have had time to sit back and reflect, but to suggest JB couldn't see what was happening and had no idea what was going on is simply laughable.

I was talking generally about Jenson's comments.

And what could possibly change his view after the press conference? He witnessed the fight for 10 laps or so. He knew at that moment if what Michael did was illegal or not.

For me it's nothing more than McL PR to protect the blessed son.