Posted 25 September 2011 - 15:49

Woops, sorry for misjudging you there. We 100% agree on both incidents! :up:

No worries, mate. :)

Advertisement

#13702 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,705 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 15:58

where the hell did i say the accident occured AT 100m???????????? :rolleyes: how many times i have to say this! :evil:
and where did i tell he braked at 100 m ????

If you're going to claim that Perez caused an accident at the 100m board by braking early then you're saying he braked at 100m.

If you don't want to look foolish then think before you hit the 'submit' button.

You made a silly statement, I corrected it, let's just leave it there shall we? :kiss:

#13703 marina

marina

• 79 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:04

Michael Schumacher has been given a reprimand for his accident with Sergio Perez during the Singapore Grand Prix. :rotfl:

#13704 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,819 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:06

Michael Schumacher has been given a reprimand for his accident with Sergio Perez during the Singapore Grand Prix. :rotfl:

Unnecessary methinks. However they must have had access to telemetry to make a decision so one would think that the stewards know better than us who to "blame".

#13705 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:07

If you're going to claim that Perez caused an accident at the 100m board by braking early then you're saying he braked at 100m.

If you don't want to look foolish then think before you hit the 'submit' button.

You made a silly statement, I corrected it, let's just leave it there shall we? :kiss:

oh AGAIN!?
this is my quote

thats what happened....Perez with old tyres brakes early and MS didnt expect someone to brake that early
just look at where the accident occured, it was just after 100 meter board .. thats the corner where everyone brakes at or after 50 meter board

I dont see anywhere in my post where i said he braked AT 100m board...thats a corner where usually somone brakes at or after 50 meter board!
If you are going to argue with me, you should lay off your crack and READ!

and what about the picture you posted??
completely ignoring it :rolleyes:
Its just after the 100 m board the accident occured.
Posted Image

Edited by EdwardCullen, 25 September 2011 - 16:10.
Removed "lay off your crack and"

#13706 CSF

CSF

• 59 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:13

I'd probably have to agree, he mis-judged it. It's a shame, but I don't think he would have been in that position if Mercedes had not left him out for 2 laps longer than Nico at the second stop. Very odd that one, and it cost Michael around 6 seconds. Three 5th places in a row were rather likely, but there we have it.

#13707 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:15

Fair enough. Nothing funny.

#13708 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:15

Perez was a moving chicane in that Sauber, it's like throwing in an HRT on the lead lap and watching all hell break loose. Midjudjed or not, a car moving that slowly and braking so early is a danger to the competitors, if he was any slower he ought to have been disqualified.

Only because your boy launched himself off the back of the sauber..... :rolleyes:

#13709 Feanaro

Feanaro

• 309 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:19

Only because your boy launched himself off the back of the sauber..... :rolleyes:

:up:

#13710 DisruptioN

DisruptioN

• 50 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:22

rofl. Retarded race stewards.

#13711 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:44

Fair enough. Nothing funny.

Yes

#13712 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 16:49

Yes

You think I haven't seen the race?

OT: There was a caricature of Fernando carrying a black horse on his back to the finish line. Most suitable for your avatar IMHO :p

#13713 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:15

Here is Mercedes GP's chief strategist twitter account link!

If we want we can ask him why did he give MSC such a bad strategy that each time he came out infront of a traffic & also why did he pit MSC 2laps after Nico during the second pit stop! I think if many people ask him this questions he might might give an answer. :)

http://twitter.com/#!/JV_F1

#13714 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:16

Unnecessary methinks. However they must have had access to telemetry to make a decision so one would think that the stewards know better than us who to "blame".

I don't think they get the telemetry that quickly, they certainly couldn't analyse it that quickly? I'm not sure MS would say that Perez braked early if the statement wasn't within reason though -anyway doesn't matter who's fault it is, MS will just get on with his job without complaining as always.

Perez was a moving chicane in that Sauber, it's like throwing in an HRT on the lead lap and watching all hell break loose. Midjudjed or not, a car moving that slowly and braking so early is a danger to the competitors, if he was any slower he ought to have been disqualified.

That's not fair Mate, Perez had track rights and it's up to MS to get passed just as it was for Hammo at Monza. I defended MS's track rights there and I'm not going to be hypocritical here.

Mate I just looked at your sum of 17 posts here - "ignore" button here you come.

#13715 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:20

OT: There was a caricature of Fernando carrying a black horse on his back to the finish line. Most suitable for your avatar IMHO :p

better than crash other guys..... :smoking:

#13716 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:23

Can you please stop trolling?

Thanks.

#13717 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:24

Forget it.
I was trying to make a compliment to Fernando but seems you don't get it.

#13718 Clay

Clay

• 72 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:28

The only dangerous move here today was Schumacher. The stewards blamed him by giving him a reprimand so unless you give me objetive data which proves that Perez brake earlier than he should, you are talking out of your arse...

How could someone fair even imply Perez should have been disqualified? :drunk:

Edited by ForeverF1, 25 September 2011 - 17:43.
Removed " who almost kill a driver (and himself)" Don't over dramatise.

#13719 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:34

The strategy was idiotic.

Since Michael had a pair of options more than Nico he should have been pitted first at the first pitstop. This way it would have been the best strategy for both.

But to accomodate the turtle they screwed Michael's race. Stupid, stupid strategy.

Advertisement

#13720 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 18:15

Well mate, there are those here who believe that MS can walk on water and turn same into wine.....

#13721 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 19:09

The only dangerous move here today was Schumacher. The stewards blamed him by giving him a reprimand so unless you give me objetive data which proves that Perez brake earlier than he should, you are talking out of your arse...

He was 3 seconds off Schumacher's pace, I said had he been going any slower, he probably ought to have been disqualified and black flagged for being a mobile chicane hindering other drivers and dangerous driving. Like losing a wing and still continuing. Although it's fair enough that MS got a reprimand. As for the braking I guess you either didn't watch the race or missed the part post-race where Schumacher himself said Perez appeared to lift off too early.

Either that, or these days Teflonso fanboy pond **** are also blind and deaf, together with all the other stuff they've built up quite the reputation for.

#13722 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 19:10

Since Michael had a pair of options more than Nico he should have been pitted first at the first pitstop. This way it would have been the best strategy for both.

But to accomodate the turtle they screwed Michael's race. Stupid, stupid strategy.

Me thinks he screwed his own race very nicely. His second retirement is now a year over due.

Fact is Roseberg has whipped is backside for two years.

#13723 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 19:13

+1

#13724 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 19:15

Me thinks he screwed his own race very nicely. His second retirement is now a year over due.

There 's good chance you 'll keep blabbering the same thing in 2013.

And surely Rosberg wipped his ass this race (or the ones before). By being a lot slower. Maybe he was auditiong for HRT.

Edited by Diablobb81, 25 September 2011 - 19:27.

#13725 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 4,206 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 19:35

Don't hold your breath--the year's not over yet.

#13726 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:04

did webber get anything for Valencia 2010?
they were kind of similar

#13727 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:12

or Heidfeld catapulting on Kobayashi this year for example

I guess Frentzen being the steward "helped" the decision

#13728 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:12

Weber is the main crash kid, but he never ever gets any penlty! :eek:
Monza 2011, Australia 2010 etc

#13729 Clay

Clay

• 72 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:18

He was 3 seconds off Schumacher's pace, I said had he been going any slower, he probably ought to have been disqualified and black flagged for being a mobile chicane hindering other drivers and dangerous driving. Like losing a wing and still continuing. Although it's fair enough that MS got a reprimand. As for the braking I guess you either didn't watch the race or missed the part post-race where Schumacher himself said Perez appeared to lift off too early.

Either that, or these days Teflonso fanboy pond **** are also blind and deaf, together with all the other stuff they've built up quite the reputation for.

It's funny you come up with the insults and the fanboy thing with such views about the incident...

Anyway, reported. If I debate you what you said you'll come up with more name-calling so I'll just quit the discussion. :)

Edited by Clay, 25 September 2011 - 20:24.

#13730 dav115

dav115

• 722 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:19

Anyone found an onboard from Perez' car yet?

#13731 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:20

MS quali onboard

#13732 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:33

Great pace from MS but unfortunately a costly mistake. Onto the next race...

What puzzled me is 3 seconds NR to MS gap before 2nd pitstop becoming 8 seconds after... how could have MS lost 5 seconds in two laps???

#13733 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 759 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:37

Well mate, there are those here who believe that MS can walk on water and turn same into wine.....

No, everybody know only hamilton can do that!

#13734 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:37

Great pace from MS but unfortunately a costly mistake. Onto the next race...

What puzzled me is 3 seconds NR to MS gap before 2nd pitstop becoming 8 seconds after... how could have MS lost 5 seconds in two laps???

Same as first pitstop : tires were gone and he had to wait for Slowy to do his pitstop. Of course why they waited for 2 laps at the second pit stop is a mystery.

If that was the race strategy (guy in front gets to pit first) then it made no sense to not do a Q3 lap. They should have battled it out who is in front.

But as i said : if they would have pitted Michael first both drivers would have been on a good strategy. But they screwed Michael.

Edited by Diablobb81, 25 September 2011 - 20:39.

#13735 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,500 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:39

Hahaha, I was cursing the Sauber's too for never pitting. First Kobayashi running very long on his first set (holding up Michael) and then Perez on his second set.

Hey, don't worry about it. We're cursing their strategy over in the Sauber camp too! Our boys don't really seem to be on it in the past few races. Sorry, I think we both hope they do better, for everyone's benefit.

#13736 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 20:49

He left the track at 5am before race day,
Clearly fast in the race, and the trend which I was hestitant on saying earlier, but always thought would happen, clearly faster in the race, while Nico likes his qualifying stats to be high, he isn't reflecting his qualifying speed is Nico most of the time, and apart from a few tracks like Valancia-China, Michael has found something many were worried about last year, his race speed at various tracks, I've seen Rosberg struggle more then last year.

Michael is a threat pace wise, I knew there was to come from him from last year, the rest is about waiting for mercedes to get better, MS is on the ball, fast, racey professional, impressive, his comeback in 2010 had way too many variables to content with and explain, this year however, apart from mercedes not going for podiums/wins, speed is not the problem from him, he's added a element of enterttment for 4th/5th/6th/8th places that clearly rosberg can't provide, we got loads of competitive champions with MS in the mix, the MS and Ham fight in Monza was talking point, this era is golden, enjoy.

Rain would of been interesting on that track at night, one day we'll get it.

#13737 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,714 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 21:09

It must really spoil your fun when they let those 23 other cars start the GP, eh?

#13738 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 21:21

:rolleyes:
Outstanding trolling, but then I wouldn't expect anything else. Only a TROLL would deny MS was faster today, just as only a TROLL would fail to recognise that MS has, at the very least matched KR in recent races, and only a TROLL would be in this thread calling for MS' retirement on a day when Hamilton smashed into his umpteenth victim of the season.

#13739 Clay

Clay

• 72 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 21:26

:rolleyes:
Outstanding trolling, but then I wouldn't expect anything else. Only a TROLL would deny MS was faster today, just as only a TROLL would fail to recognise that MS has, at the very least matched KR in recent races, and only a TROLL would be in this thread calling for MS' retirement on a day when Hamilton smashed into his umpteenth victim of the season.

I personally don't think he's slow, and I also think he's increasing his speed in comparison to Nico. Also I don't see a reason for him to retire (and honestly I don't care). But said this his crash today was greatly stupid no matter how much excuses he wants to come up. That's why he got the reprimand and not Perez.

Edited by Clay, 25 September 2011 - 21:27.

Advertisement

#13740 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 21:32

I personally don't think he's slow, and I also think he's increasing his speed in comparison to Nico. Also I don't see a reason for him to retire. But said this his crash today was greatly stupid no matter how much excuses he wants to come up. That's why he got the reprimand and not Perez.

His fault? Yes, perhaps, but essentially a racing incident. Whoever's fault it's a great shame as he was looking mighty quick today, again outshining Nico, and heading for some excellent points. That's the most frustrated I've been since his return, which I think reflects the fact that he was looking a little reminiscent of the old MS.

#13741 Clay

Clay

• 72 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 21:38

His fault? Yes, perhaps, but essentially a racing incident.

Agreed about that tho.

#13742 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 22:26

Just for reference - has Webber received warning for similar hit? (Was it last year or the previous one)?

#13743 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 759 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 00:32

Just ignore the twits. Silence is the best antidote to them.

:)

#13744 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:33

Just for reference - has Webber received warning for similar hit? (Was it last year or the previous one)?

Not the same - Kova was being lapped has to get out of the way while Perez was rightfully in front and allowed to defend.

#13745 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:44

Reality is a bitch

#13746 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,811 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:46

Michael was driving very well after his first 'poor' start of the year (i.e. he didn't make up any places!). After each pitstop he was catching Nico lap after lap and would have passed him had he not tried to reach for the stars.

#13747 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,714 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:48

Not the same - Kova was being lapped has to get out of the way while Perez was rightfully in front and allowed to defend.

Actually Kovaleinen wasn't beng lapped in that incident, Webber was out of position after an early pitstop.

Ultimately, it isn't relevant to ask why other similar incidents weren't penalised. The only relevant question is whether the incident in question should have been penalised.

#13748 sanW10

sanW10

• 134 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:27

both the Sauber cars have caused similar accident, twice for MS (UK & Singapore) & one with Heidfield in Canada
well theoretically it seems their car are weak in corners, but i still doubt it, maybe Perez learns 'defensive' driving from Koba :p
Why dont MGP ask FIA to take a look at Sauber' telemetry to see whether it was an 'genuine' incident?

#13749 ArchangelX

ArchangelX

• 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:36

Hi all first post here, been a lurker for awhile though.

I think Michael is right...it was a racing incident...Perez braked earlier than he thought he was, Michael was just too close. BOom. That's it and end of story.

I really enjoy watching qualifying laps. I was watching the Singapore q-laps, and something struck me as interesting...if you compare Vettel's Q-lap to Michael's Q-lap...it's really amazing to see how much faster Michael is in some places, where as he loses out slightly in others. In fact, in many places, he looks smoother than Vettel does. It's pretty interesting stuff. I wish I could see the telemetry. I'm sure it tells an interesting story.

#13750 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,714 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:42

both the Sauber cars have caused similar accident, twice for MS (UK & Singapore) & one with Heidfield in Canada
well theoretically it seems their car are weak in corners, but i still doubt it, maybe Perez learns 'defensive' driving from Koba :p
Why dont MGP ask FIA to take a look at Sauber' telemetry to see whether it was an 'genuine' incident?

There is one constant in these collisions... Michael Schumacher. Stop the preposterous accusations of a Sauber culture of brake testing, look at the driver who has spent almost two seasons crashing into other cars with regularity.

Schumacher is past it. But nobody in Mercedes or at the FIA has the balls to tell him. One swallow (Monza) does not a summer make.