Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#13801 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 17:54

Edit, Sharo, it was BRK in the post that I quoted before. A stunning bit of fanboyism. I know that most people here are not like this.

Sorry, what? I'm not a big fan of having drivers that 3 seconds off the pace trundling around on the lead lap, yes, and if they caused an accident they should be black flagged, yes; I've never said Perez didn't have a right to the track, nor even that Perez was going slowly enough to warrant a DQ. (read my post again) You're twisting my words.

Advertisement

#13802 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,754 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:01

Regarding Michael's so called screwed strategy; I didn't follow his progress during the race, but the FIA lap chart seems to show that he was on exactly the same strategy as Nico. Nico pitted on laps 9 and 22, and MS on laps 10 and 24. is that correct ?

Yes, and being on the same strategy and Rosberg pitting first screwed him.

Rosberg pitted right before his tires fell off. Michael had to wait one or two laps to pit.

Since they decided no to do a run in Q3 they had one more set of fresh tires than Nico. So they should have pitted Michael earlier than Nico at the first stop so as not to screw any driver.Him waiting negated any advantage he had by having fresher tires.

But they didn't and he ended up with a few laps on destroyed tires and came out in traffic. He lost around 15 sec or so.

The strategy to not do a run in Q3 was completely screwed by the decision to pit him after Nico. Fact.

So they either should have pitted him before Nico (so as not to compromise his race) or let him have a run in Q3 (if the only thing that matters is beating your teammate and not a FI).Of course if they wanted to get the best result from the faster driver they should have pitted him in the laps Nico made his stops and let Nico wait.

Look at FI : they used team orders to get the best result possible.

Edited by Diablobb81, 26 September 2011 - 18:06.

#13803 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 4,361 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:03

That'd mean anyone on the grid could brake test and get away with it. Of course it's dangerous.

Later on in your post I see you've shifted from claiming Perez did nothing wrong to accusing Michael of lying, pick one. And I've no idea what Schumacher's presumed 'antics' have to do with Perez braking early for the corner, I hope you aren't suggesting it's okay to drive dangerously when the victim is Schumacher but not if it's someone else. Not quite the way rules work..

To Schumacher's credit, he never accused Perez of doing it deliberately, only that he thought it was a misunderstanding and dismissed it as racing, and later got a reprimand. That settles the matter for me, no point dragging it any further.

So you still think that Perez was brake testing Schumi in that short little straight ? You don't think that it's more likely that Perez just had to slow for the corner half a second before Schumi did, because his tyres were 28 laps older than Schumi's ? I fail to see how anybody rational could attribute any blame to Perez whatsoever. I'm saying that to accuse Perez of driving dangerously is bullsh1t of the highest order and seems to only be coming from the most rabid of Michael's fanboys. I'm saying that as Michael has been judged by history to have lied about major incidents in the past, any words that he says about an incident must be taken within that context, i.e. he tells porkies sometimes.

Spacekid, I only say one of MS's post race interviews, but you say that he says he just got caught out by Perez braking earlier than expected, and BRK says that he says that Perez braked too early. Which are quite different things. Perhaps he said both of these, I don't know. Has anybody got the youtube links ?

#13804 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:08

So you still think that Perez was brake testing Schumi in that short little straight ? You don't think that it's more likely that Perez just had to slow for the corner half a second before Schumi did, because his tyres were 28 laps older than Schumi's ? I fail to see how anybody rational could attribute any blame to Perez whatsoever. I'm saying that to accuse Perez of driving dangerously is bullsh1t of the highest order and seems to only be coming from the most rabid of Michael's fanboys. I'm saying that as Michael has been judged by history to have lied about major incidents in the past, any words that he says about an incident must be taken within that context, i.e. he tells porkies sometimes.

Spacekid, I only say one of MS's post race interviews, but you say that he says he just got caught out by Perez braking earlier than expected, and BRK says that he says that Perez braked too early. Which are quite different things. Perhaps he said both of these, I don't know. Has anybody got the youtube links ?

So with your own logic....as you have clear history of trolling and flaimebaiting then why should we not think you are resonable
any word that you say here SHOULD be considered trolling
So plz everyone ignore this posts :lol:

#13805 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:15

Had he been brake-testing he would have been thrown out of the GP, in all likelihood. So no, I believe he lifted too early, but as Schumacher said, it was probably a misunderstanding and as a result of their shitty tyre strategy. Schumacher could have taken a different line perhaps, but if Perez lifted early that would have played a part in ruining MS' race. Once again, had Perez been going any slower than he already was and had caused the same accident, I would most certainly have called that dangerous driving. Which is what I said in my first post.

I brought up brake testing because your point in the last post about braking earlier than usual at a corner being okay was horseshit.

#13806 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 4,361 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:16

Sorry, what? I'm not a big fan of having drivers that 3 seconds off the pace trundling around on the lead lap, yes, and if they caused an accident they should be black flagged, yes; I've never said Perez didn't have a right to the track, nor even that Perez was going slowly enough to warrant a DQ. (read my post again) You're twisting my words.

What you said was if he had been travelling any slower than he probably should have been black flagged, for being a mobile chicane. I don't recall anything about causing an accident. When Schumi's tyres were going off he too was three seconds or more off the pace.

Correction to an earlier post. Perez's tyres were not 28 laps old.

#13807 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 4,361 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:18

So with your own logic....as you have clear history of trolling and flaimebaiting then why should we not think you are resonable
any word that you say here SHOULD be considered trolling
So plz everyone ignore this posts :lol:

Would you like to remind me of my clear history of trolling or flamebaiting please ?

#13808 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:19

Would you like to remind me of my clear history of trolling or flamebaiting please ?

just look in this thread, you bias and trolling attempts were already pointed out :wave:

#13809 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 4,361 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:26

Do you know what Trolling is ? I suggest that you go and look up the definition. And while you are at it, go and see what flaming is as well, and then come back and point out where I have done this.

#13810 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:38

Do you know what Trolling is ? I suggest that you go and look up the definition. And while you are at it, go and see what flaming is as well, and then come back and point out where I have done this.

sure your definitions are different from mine
anyways going way off topic here

MS's pace was fantastic i have to say!
Hope he can get a podium at Suzuka and India (which i plan to visit!) :clap:

#13811 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:42

Please, don't derail the thread.
As far as I can see no one denies that MS misjudged the situation and that cost him the otherwise promising race.
Perhaps he anticipated Perez would go back to the racing line to keep as much momentum as possible wit his shot tyres, but Perez went for the inner defensive line and had to brake hard to make the corner from there.
Perhaps MS was a bit too eager and maybe a bit frustrated to have to drive on the limit to compensate for the time lost because of inadequate strategy on pit stops.
He paid the price, got a reprimand and that's it. Come Suzuka.

#13812 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 4,361 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:52

sure your definitions are different from mine
anyways going way off topic here

MS's pace was fantastic i have to say!
Hope he can get a podium at Suzuka and India (which i plan to visit!) :clap:

Because of your lack of punctuation, I don't actually know what you are accurately saying there. But we cannot all have our own personal definition of words, and continue to attempt to communicate with others in a shared language. Therefore we have dictionaries and such to pin down the definition exactly, and others can refer to these in case of doubt. If you are going to accuse somebody of trolling, I suggest that you go off and understand what insult you are actually calling somebody, OK. I have been using the internet for a long time and do understand exactly what a troll is and what they do. I can show you a thread on this BB where people are trolling, but it certainly isn't here. I came in to argue reasonably about a legitimate point with somebody, and we were beginning to come to a consensus when you very rudely butted in and started throwing unwarranted names and insults across, seemingly without fully understanding their definition. This is why I'm giving you this patronizing lecture right now as if you were a child. You may go now.

Apart from defending myself against insults, this has been my only off topic post here. And i'm not going to do any more derailing.

Edited by Tsarwash, 26 September 2011 - 18:54.

#13813 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 759 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 18:57

Michael wasn't ever going anywhere in the race. A distant P7 was the best he could strive for. He was probably relieved not to have to complete it.

#13814 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:03

Michael wasn't ever going anywhere in the race. A distant P7 was the best he could strive for. He was probably relieved not to have to complete it.

distant p7?
Michael was clearly faster than Nico(P7) and DiResta(P6)!
He could have easily taken Diresta......and we would have seen Lewis and Schumy battle for 5th place (when Lewis was coming through the field)

#13815 Number62

Number62

• 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:15

distant p7?
He could have easily taken Diresta......and we would have seen Lewis and Schumy battle for 5th place (when Lewis was coming through the field)

How do you figure that one out?

PdR was quicker than MSC for 15 of the 28 laps they shared.
HAM was quicker than MSC for 19 of the 28 laps they shared.

#13816 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,754 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:21

Not really.
And with a good strategy for Michael DiResta would have been nowhere near him.

Edited by Diablobb81, 26 September 2011 - 19:22.

#13817 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:29

distant p7?

How do you figure that one out?

PdR was quicker than MSC for 15 of the 28 laps they shared.

Yeah right :rolleyes:
http://en.mclarenf-1...h...ul di Resta
So MS was faster then Diresta in 13 laps out of 22 laps on track (deleted 6 laps as they where in pits).

HAM was quicker than MSC for 19 of the 28 laps they shared.

If only you have given more attention to the race and what i posted.
Nico was p6 and Diresta P5 before Lewis overtook them both.
So i predicted MS who already was about to jump Nico could have gotten Diresta and be P5 and then after Lewis coming from back overtaking Nico and Diresta .....then we could have seen Lewis and MS fight for P5 in the end! and evenutlly end in P6!

Edited by EdwardCullen, 26 September 2011 - 19:31.

#13818 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,475 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:30

Posted Image

#13819 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:32

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Advertisement

#13820 Number62

Number62

• 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:37

Yeah right :rolleyes:
http://en.mclarenf-1...h...ul di Resta
So MS was faster then Diresta in 13 laps out of 22 laps on track (deleted 6 laps as they where in pits).

If only you have given more attention to the race and what i posted.
Nico was p6 and Diresta P5 before Lewis overtook them both.
So i predicted MS who already was about to jump Nico could have gotten Diresta and be P5 and then after Lewis coming from back overtaking Nico and Diresta .....then we could have seen Lewis and MS fight for P5 in the end! and evenutlly end in P6!

So science when it suits and prediction when it doesn't.

I predict MSC would have shot his Tyres and fallen off the cliff earlier than the others.

#13821 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:44

I predict MSC would have shot his Tyres and fallen off the cliff earlier than the others.

:yawnface:
its not just prediction, someone who did a 1.5 sec faster laptime 15 laps before the other with 15 laps worth more fuel in their car... is clearly faster!(unless he is someone who you hate)
We all saw how Di resta was running few seconds in front of Nico in the end! and MS was 2 sec faster than Nico and Nico was just few seconds in front of him before the crash.
So you predict what you want, i predicted on the things that really happened.

if you want my imagination to work...i predict all the front 5 cars pissing their pants at the sight of Schumacher and makes mistakes and Schumacher wins ( that would be my prediction , if i wanted to make predictions like you.) :yawnface:

Edited by EdwardCullen, 26 September 2011 - 20:04.

#13822 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,754 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:04

And you base your prediction on what?

#13823 Number62

Number62

• 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:11

And you base your prediction on what?

Tea leaves.

#13824 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,754 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:12

Tea leaves.

I see. Like every post you make in this thread.

Of course analyzing a few lap times is too difficult.

Edited by Diablobb81, 26 September 2011 - 20:13.

#13825 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:13

Tea leaves.

yup, kinda sums up the scientific approach of NR fans

#13826 Number62

Number62

• 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:14

I see. Like every post you make in this thread.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

#13827 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,754 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:16

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Not really. It just shows an incapability to think for one self.

And actual facts vs. tea leaves is not imitation.

But back to the topic on hand where Schumacher was one second faster on a track where his teammate had the best result of his career and on a track with characteristics (slow corners) that the same teammate said he has the most advantage.

Edited by Diablobb81, 26 September 2011 - 20:19.

#13828 weston

weston

• 375 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:18

Tea leaves.

I predict Britney Spears will visit MGP sooner than later.

(Based on @adamcooperf1: “Best news of the day, Paul McCartney will play on the Sunday night of the Abu Dhabi GP!”
“The bad news is that Britney Spears will be playing on Friday, might cause some confusion at Merc GP if she visits the paddock…”)

By the way:

"After that he (Schumacher) ran behind Rosberg and made his first pit stop one lap after his team mate. In the second stint, while Rosberg had no traffic in front of him and both were running on a used set of super softs, Schumacher was over a second per lap faster than his team mate." - based on http://www.f1fanatic...-prix-mercedes/

#13829 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:19

If you look closely you'll notice it's not 'criticism upon Schumacher' that's the issue but being a dick (go back and read your first reply) and continually posting irrelevant nonsense about reporting other posters and taking the thread off-topic. You're not entitled to anything and you only reap what you sow, should've thought about that before posting.

You are one class act, I'll give you that. Calling people out, putting them on your big ol ignore list, calling people dicks, anyone that happens to disagree with your points and views. Buncha a trolls in your esteemed opinion. Do us all one big fat favor and get over yourself. Then again we probably won't have to tolerate you anymore once MS does retire as you'll take your blather elsewhere. I'm sure you'll have some sort of smart comeback for this........

#13830 Number62

Number62

• 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:42

Not really. It just shows an incapability to think for one self.

Who told you that?

And actual facts vs. tea leaves is not imitation.

Many people have given the facts (and anything else it doesnt matter) in the other thread and you don't want it. You want observation and context and supposition.

Now here you are and you want the facts?

You can't have the facts when it suits and the supposition elsewhere. Well you can and you'll get the conclusion you want but you're only cheating yourself.

Anyway, just to show I'm a good sport; Terrific form by Schumacher in the last few races. A good kick up the arse for his teamate and Rosberg needs to find another gear if he's to continue beating Schumi.

#13831 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,754 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:50

Many people have given the facts (and anything else it doesnt matter) in the other thread and you don't want it. You want observation and context and supposition.

Like i said in the other thread : 62-52 is fact. 9-5 in races and 12-2 in quali is not. It's an opinion.

Edited by Diablobb81, 26 September 2011 - 20:52.

#13832 Number62

Number62

• 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 21:01

Like i said in the other thread : 62-52 is fact. 9-5 in races and 12-2 in quali is not. It's an opinion.

Yeah actually, I can agree with that. It happens to be my opinion too but I respect you if it's not yours.

#13833 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:00

You are one class act, I'll give you that. Calling people out, putting them on your big ol ignore list, calling people dicks, anyone that happens to disagree with your points and views. Buncha a trolls in your esteemed opinion. Do us all one big fat favor and get over yourself. Then again we probably won't have to tolerate you anymore once MS does retire as you'll take your blather elsewhere. I'm sure you'll have some sort of smart comeback for this........

It just hurts to have Schumacher back in F1, improving, putting in stellar performances like at Canada and Monza, doesn't it? Plus his fans just won't go away. I guess everyone has outright ignored your posts on this thread for a long time and you needed someone to talk to. Don't flatter yourself, though, you're hardly worth a smart comeback!

No worries, I won't hurt your feelings again, Schumacher's already done enough in his career to scar some people for a lifetime, why rub it in needlessly... :lol:

#13834 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:25

Based on what? Didn't he have an extra set compared to Nico?

#13835 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:29

Based on what? Didn't he have an extra set compared to Nico?

He has already answered that :well:

Tea leaves.

#13836 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 20:06

It just hurts to have Schumacher back in F1, improving, putting in stellar performances like at Canada and Monza, doesn't it? Plus his fans just won't go away. I guess everyone has outright ignored your posts on this thread for a long time and you needed someone to talk to. Don't flatter yourself, though, you're hardly worth a smart comeback!

No worries, I won't hurt your feelings again, Schumacher's already done enough in his career to scar some people for a lifetime, why rub it in needlessly... :lol:

Hurts? No, not in the least. Feelings hurt? Are you 12 years old? And, if I'm hardly worth a smart comeback, then why comeback at all? Could NOT resist could you? You see, I have no problem with Schumacher. Oh you may think that I do cause I've been able to wind you up so easily in the past. What I do have a problem with is people like you who at the slightest provocation are ready to jump down others' throats, a forum bully boy as it were. It may work with others, but not me. And please, don't flatter yourself. Your knowledge of the sport probably goes back at most 15 years or so....you're in a Schumacher comfort zone here......

#13837 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 20:39

....you're in a Schumacher comfort zone here......

:rotfl: :up:

#13838 as65p

as65p

• 18,468 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 20:44

:lol:

You're so right, all that pain seeing a driver I don't like coming back to F1 to drive in midfield and getting his a** handed every fortnight by a guy who hasn't won a single race to date. And then even more pain when once in a while he's making hilarious errors of judgement like last sunday. And finally fans like you all up in arms when he gets into Q3 or finishes in the top 10... it's all sooo painful. :drunk: :p

#13839 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 20:49

....you're in a Schumacher comfort zone here......

Have to say I laughed at that even if I don't quite understand what it means, just put the image in my head of being surrounded by Schumacher bean bags and wallpaper.

Advertisement

#13840 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:02

Hurts? No, not in the least. Feelings hurt? Are you 12 years old? And, if I'm hardly worth a smart comeback, then why comeback at all? Could NOT resist could you? You see, I have no problem with Schumacher. Oh you may think that I do cause I've been able to wind you up so easily in the past. What I do have a problem with is people like you who at the slightest provocation are ready to jump down others' throats, a forum bully boy as it were. It may work with others, but not me. And please, don't flatter yourself. Your knowledge of the sport probably goes back at most 15 years or so....you're in a Schumacher comfort zone here......

You've been one of the few people to admit you don't like Schumacher, there's no need to backtrack and play the no problem card now, really. Good to see you've admitted to trying to wind people up, I'm flattered myself. Followed all of Schumacher's career bar a few races here and there so that's a couple of decades, maybe. Can just about picture you wringing your hands in desperation at this thread and how the fans just won't go away, keep at it. :lol: :up:

And not to be very polite or anything, but I think you should probably shut up and talk about racing. Unless I'm mistaken and we're on a social networking site of some sort where people gather to talk about other users.

You're so right, all that pain seeing a driver I don't like coming back to F1 to drive in midfield and getting his a** handed every fortnight by a guy who hasn't won a single race to date. And then even more pain when once in a while he's making hilarious errors of judgement like last sunday. And finally fans like you all up in arms when he gets into Q3 or finishes in the top 10... it's all sooo painful. :drunk: :p

Did you forget the thrashing MS handed out left, right and centre between 1991 and 2006? Or 94-06, in your particular case.  ;)

You're the widow that's mourned for 17 long years, AyrtonSenna65Poles, so why not have some fun while it lasts, I guess you've deserved it after all the pain, the agony and suffering. By the looks of it the tide's turning already, looking forward to reading the posts in here when MS scores his first win.

#13841 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:04

I said it before and I'll pointlessly say it again.

Its great to chat about F1 and have a fair debate about drivers performances. And its always nice when the people we admire do well. I love it when Schumi can show a bit of the old magic and take me back to the days when his driving was so thrilling to watch and be a part of.

I will never, never understand the mentality of people who take pleasure from others misfortune or poor performance. If thats all that makes you happy in the sport... its a shame.

#13842 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:08

And not to be very polite or anything, but I think you should probably shut up and talk about racing. Unless I'm mistaken and we're on a social networking site of some sort where people gather to talk about other users.

Being told to shut up by the guy who calls people dicks cause they disagree with him is rather like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

#13843 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:14

You've been one of the few people to admit you don't like Schumacher, there's no need to backtrack and play the no problem card now, really.

What is this the BRK 'court of law'? Oops, I've said that I don't care for Schumacher and now I say I have no problem with him....nope i can't say THAT cause under the law I can have only one say and one say only and will be held to that forever and so on and so forth...... :rotfl:
You really are a funny guy......good stuff.

#13844 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:18

Being told to shut up by the guy who calls people dicks cause they disagree with him is rather like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

a) That doesn't even make sense, as far as comebacks go; b)You're free to read back over my posts, I think you'll find I called someone a dick for being arrogant and rude, not for disagreeing with me. I think I quite adequately covered the part where we (said poster and I) had our little disagreement before throwing the last bit in; c) again, none of this is even vaguely related to racing. If you can't talk about Schumacher or racing and just have to keep attacking posters PM me, ignore me, or get off the internet. It's fine for a while but really derails the thread.

#13845 as65p

as65p

• 18,468 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:36

Did you forget the thrashing MS handed out left, right and centre between 1991 and 2006? Or 94-06, in your particular case. ;)

You're the widow that's mourned for 17 long years, AyrtonSenna65Poles, so why not have some fun while it lasts, I guess you've deserved it after all the pain, the agony and suffering. By the looks of it the tide's turning already, looking forward to reading the posts in here when MS scores his first win.

Pain, agony and suffering... yep I can easily see why such terms are prominent in your brain right now. :p You really deserve every minute of MS' comeback, long may it last! :D

#13846 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:41

anyone can explain what happened to the thread?

#13847 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,754 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:45

Well you can always watch one of the 91 wins or 68 pole positions. The pain will quickly go away.

Edited by Diablobb81, 27 September 2011 - 21:46.

#13848 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 21:52

anyone can explain what happened to the thread?

Well basically some people on the thread enjoy watching an F1 driver who was once of the very highest calibre struggle now that he is merely good, and are gloating about it in a slightly nasty way, while others can't just ignore them and talk about racing. I keep coming on here hoping to enjoy talking about F1 and my favourite driver, but actually this really puts me off. I always come away from this place feeling a bit depressed.

And before I get the snarky comments of if you don't like it you don't have to come here, I'm very much aware of that fact. Believe me.

#13849 ArchangelX

ArchangelX

• 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 22:00

I said it before and I'll pointlessly say it again.

Its great to chat about F1 and have a fair debate about drivers performances. And its always nice when the people we admire do well. I love it when Schumi can show a bit of the old magic and take me back to the days when his driving was so thrilling to watch and be a part of.

I will never, never understand the mentality of people who take pleasure from others misfortune or poor performance. If thats all that makes you happy in the sport... its a shame.

Completely agree...it blows my mind how people just get all bent outta shape over drivers. Every driver out there has good and bad points...but it's amazing how people can hate someone so much for just being part of a sport they love. It's pretty stupid.

#13850 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 22:06

Pain, agony and suffering... yep I can easily see why such terms are prominent in your brain right now. :p You really deserve every minute of MS' comeback, long may it last! :D

Indeed, that is my hope, too. Some weren't so lucky and had their careers cut short, you never know what lies around the corner..

So yeah, I'm glad he's back and he's racing.

Truce....and to show i'm a good sport, the following 2 framed items reside on the walls in my studio.
The first an 11X14 taken by my father at the 2000 USGP when he was a part of the press corps and the 2nd courtesy of the Cahier archive with a Ferrari schedina tecnica signed by J. Todt and MS from the 2001 Italian GP. Oh, and me thinks I'll stick around for a bit......;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good for you, and they're quite good, if I may say so. I'm sure someone that's this reasonable would also have been able to appreciate the immense talent that was Schumacher and his incredible achievements, despite all your dislike of the man. :)

Well basically some people on the thread enjoy watching an F1 driver who was once of the very highest calibre struggle now that he is merely good, and are gloating about it in a slightly nasty way, while others can't just ignore them and talk about racing. I keep coming on here hoping to enjoy talking about F1 and my favourite driver, but actually this really puts me off. I always come away from this place feeling a bit depressed.

And before I get the snarky comments of if you don't like it you don't have to come here, I'm very much aware of that fact. Believe me.

Sorry! Back on topic.