Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#14201 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:25

Not to go into discussion ,but I am not sure it will be definitely DIR.
MS lost around 2 sec in his second pit stop.

yeah it was over 5 secs + the cock up with the FW made him lose a possible 5th place

Advertisement

#14202 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:27

'What a start' :drunk: Shumi passed one single driver from his 8th starting position to 7th, because the driver who started 7th bogged down and lost to 12th. I've seen Shumi do a fair bit better than that this year.

wondered when the 1st flamer would get around. wonder if the everything else it doesn't matter crew is right behind him... :)

#14203 SpeedRacer`

SpeedRacer`

• 868 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:28

'What a start' :drunk: Shumi passed one single driver from his 8th starting position to 7th, because the driver who started 7th bogged down and lost to 12th. I've seen Shumi do a fair bit better than that this year.

Only because of the nature of Suzuka - a short run to turn 1 and bottlenecking.

If he'd made that start at Monza he would've been threatening the very front of the field!

#14204 Sof1

Sof1

• 611 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:31

What is all this fuzz with DiResta? Sutil is better

Di resta is British, all the British media give him maximum coverage and rave about him in their sleep.

#14205 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:34

wondered when the 1st flamer would get around.

So you maintain that superlative; "what a start", despite Koba losing from 7th to 12th wasn't exactly due to Shumi? Without Kobayashi, Shumi 'started' 7th and was 7th after the first lap. How is that equivalent to "what a start!!1!"?

#14206 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:35

Only because of the nature of Suzuka - a short run to turn 1 and bottlenecking.

That nature wasn't why Kobayashi dropped to 12th, though, was it.

#14207 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:36

Massa's spirit has been broken at Ferrari. Rosberg looks down and moody these days at Mercedes. The two drivers should swap seats. Rosberg will get the chance he has been waiting for at Ferrari (until Alonso destroys him) and Massa would be in a better place mentally alongside Schumacher - the two are genuine friends and Massa's spirits should be lifted as well.

It's win-win for both drivers.

Don't know if Rosberg's down, though. All that talk about looking forward to seeing them reap the rewards of recent signings, thinking about extending his contract further (IIRC). I think it's not very likely that he'll end up at Ferrari but we'll see.

#14208 Concorde

Concorde

• 782 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:38

what a start from MS again, from Koba's onboard it seemed Schumacher is warp jumping away
too bad that the last races will have short start/finish straights (though Korea has a killer straight after turn 1)

Agree fantastic start and very good race. He extracted the optimum out of the car and that's all that matters, a few solid races to finish 2011 and I'm really looking forward to see der Michael racing for podiums in 2012.

#14209 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:39

So you maintain that superlative; "what a start", despite Koba losing from 7th to 12th wasn't exactly due to Shumi? Without Kobayashi, Shumi 'started' 7th and was 7th after the first lap. How is that equivalent to "what a start!!1!"?

Speedracer already answered your question - must be a frustrating sunday i guess :wave:

Edited by salamin, 09 October 2011 - 10:39.

#14210 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:41

Did you see MS rocket start at all?? About Webber he didn't try very hard there , what was the point to overtake the best car this year? Tyre management say NO. But, if it was the second McLaren driver I am sure he would go for it.

Edited by ivand911, 09 October 2011 - 10:44.

#14211 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:42

Speedracer already answered your question...

Fine, Shumi did a fantastic start to take 7th from a nearly stalling Kobayashi; "WHAT A START!".

#14212 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,755 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:43

It actually was a good start. Without Alonso moving to the left and blocking and slowing him down he might have ended up in front of the Ferrari's.

#14213 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:44

By start I believe he was referring to the acceleration Schumacher had off the start.

#14214 dav115

dav115

• 722 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:45

Fine, Shumi did a fantastic start to take 7th from a nearly stalling Kobayashi; "WHAT A START!".

Did you not see the part where he was alongside Webber (who actually got a decent start for once), 2 places up the grid going into turn 1 after a very short run? Think of the difference in acceleration needed for Schumacher to make up that distance in such a short amount of time.

#14215 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:46

Did you see MS rocket start at all??

No. I saw him rocket passed Kobayashi, who stalled, and nearly stopped. Shumi basically started 7th and was 7th after the first lap. That isn't something to WOW over. But then again, as little there is to WOW over Shumi these days, I guess this is as good as it gets.

#14216 DS27

DS27

• 1,340 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:48

Great job to be mixing it with the top 3 cars in what is a distant 4th best car. OK, it wouldn't have happened without the safety car, but he made the most of the chance he had.

Rosbergs chance of a seat with a top team being reduced by the recent form of MS.

#14217 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:48

By start I believe he was referring to the acceleration Schumacher had off the start.

Be that as it may, it wasn't a particularly good start for what matters, and his acceleration was hugely exacerbated by Kobayashi stalling.

#14218 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:49

Don't know if Rosberg's down, though. All that talk about looking forward to seeing them reap the rewards of recent signings, thinking about extending his contract further (IIRC). I think it's not very likely that he'll end up at Ferrari but we'll see.

Rosberg has been very cagey lately about his future, that indicates (a) that nothing has been penned, (b) he or the team isn't happy or © he wants to move elsewhere.

He looked quite dejected yesterday. It's fairly clear now that an old, shot, out of his prime Schumacher has the measure of him and Nico's stock has dropped as a result; to a young driver like Nico who doesn't have a long term strategy or the patience or experience of a seasoned veteran like Schumacher that would be quite demoralising.

#14219 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:50

No. I saw him rocket passed Kobayashi, who stalled, and nearly stopped. Shumi basically started 7th and was 7th after the first lap. That isn't something to WOW over. But then again, as little there is to WOW over Shumi these days, I guess this is as good as it gets.

:lol:

How is Montoya doing these day? Has he won anything in NASCAR yet?

Advertisement

#14220 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:50

There are now 4 groups of world champions:
1.MS
2.FA and SV
3.JB
4.LH
Last three groups have 6 titles.

Edited by ivand911, 09 October 2011 - 10:52.

#14221 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,814 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:51

So you didn't see he was actually PASSED Webber by Turn 1 but was on the outside so couldn't get by?

Of course you didn't.

#14222 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:52

there is to WOW over Shumi these days, I guess this is as good as it gets.

well at least MS fans have something to cheer about these days, not sure about NR fans

#14223 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:53

Rosberg has been very cagey lately about his future, that indicates (a) that nothing has been penned, (b) he or the team isn't happy or © he wants to move elsewhere.

He looked quite dejected yesterday. It's fairly clear now that an old, shot, out of his prime Schumacher has the measure of him and Nico's stock has dropped as a result; to a young driver like Nico who doesn't have a long term strategy or the patience or experience of a seasoned veteran like Schumacher that would be quite demoralising.

Could be. I know this isn't the thread for NR but I think it would be a mistake to go to Ferrari. McLaren are happy with their current lineup, Webber stays for 2012 at RBR.

There are now 4 groups of world champions:
1.MS
2.FA and SV
3.JB
4.LH

:p

Hamilton beginning to look a bit like Vilenueve.

#14224 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:55

Be that as it may, it wasn't a particularly good start for what matters, and his acceleration was hugely exacerbated by Kobayashi stalling.

I guess trolling the Schumi thread is about the only fun a Montoya fan gets these days huh?

:rotfl:

#14225 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:55

I guess trolling the Schumi thread is about the only fun a Montoya fan gets these days huh?

:rotfl:

How is Montoya doing these day? Has he won anything in NASCAR yet?

Ah, the 'Montoya Rebuttal'. Yeah, his first win was in 2007. Anything else I can help you with?

Edited by VresiBerba, 09 October 2011 - 10:56.

#14226 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:57

So you didn't see he was actually PASSED Webber by Turn 1 but was on the outside so couldn't get by?

Of course you didn't.

I saw it; WHAT A START!

#14227 Beyond

Beyond

• 386 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:59

schumi had a good start. he almost managed to pass webber, but was on the left side of the corner.

#14228 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:02

schumi had a good start. he almost managed to pass webber, but was on the left side of the corner.

yeah it was a close call
Posted Image

#14229 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:03

I like how MS is managing his tyres lately(6-7 races). This is helping much for the good results. He learn the tires. Last year he was behind with tires.

#14230 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,814 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:04

Given the Merc is 0.9-1.0 slower than the Mclaren/Red Bull he did a really good job today and wasn't far off Hamilton (under 3 seconds at the end).

With a bit more speed next year, who knows.

#14231 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,477 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:05

I like how MS is managing his tyres lately(6-7 races). This is helping much for the good results. He learn the tires. Last year he was behind with tires.

Pirelli's Paul Hembery: "We were impressed when he [Vettel] came to see us, and I think it gave us a little insight into what he is like as a driver. What he did with us, he clearly does that in all areas that he operates in. The only other driver that asks us a lot of questions is another German – who is a bit older with quite a few more championships under his belt. We found that interesting."

Who would that be?
;)

Edited by ali.unal, 09 October 2011 - 11:06.

#14232 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:06

you didnt see him trying to drive around the outside of webber then? get your eyes tested

i think he managed them a bit to much today in the second stint he was saving the tyres for almost the whole stint , redbull mclaren pitted and schumacher had only just started pushing lol..

it turned out good though as if he would have used his tyres up in the same time as redbull and ferrari he would have already pitted before the safety car

Edited by arknor, 09 October 2011 - 11:08.

#14233 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:07

Pirelli's Paul Hembery: "We were impressed when he [Vettel] came to see us, and I think it gave us a little insight into what he is like as a driver. What he did with us, he clearly does that in all areas that he operates in. The only other driver that asks us a lot of questions is another German – who is a bit older with quite a few more championships under his belt. We found that interesting."

Who would that be?
;)

I am in tears. :)

#14234 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,302 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:08

Fantastic drive by Schumi, great to see him leading for a few laps as well. I hope this form continues into 2012 - one would imagine that the front teams will be looking towards 2012, let's hope Schumi can get a podium before the end of the year. :up:

#14235 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:08

Who would that be?
;)

nothing changed with working ethic it seems :up:

#14236 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:13

Anyone got an onboard of MS start?

#14237 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:14

Fantastic drive by Schumi, great to see him leading for a few laps as well. I hope this form continues into 2012 - one would imagine that the front teams will be looking towards 2012, let's hope Schumi can get a podium before the end of the year. :up:

Yes he's really getting back to his old form :up:

Getting comfortable with the tyres, ironing out the mistakes and with a good winter preparation he should be ready for podiums or even a win if the car is upto it in 2012.

#14238 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:16

I wish they would fix the reply boxes here as you can see ignored posters but otherwise ...

Posted Image

#14239 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,888 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:16

We should all be admiring the fact that Schumacher has lost none of his speed and physical prowess. The team is obviously the weakness to the overall performance, Schumacher s driving brilliantly and actually enjoying it more and mroe the faster the car is slowly getting. I think if they don't have success next year he should look for another drive somewhere else and keep on going.

Advertisement

#14240 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:17

The only other driver that asks us a lot of questions is another German – who is a bit older with quite a few more championships under his belt. We found that interesting."

Who would that be?
;)

And all this time I thought Walter Rohl had retired ;)

The team is obviously the weakness to the overall performance, Schumacher s driving brilliantly and actually enjoying it more and mroe the faster the car is slowly getting. I think if they don't have success next year he should look for another drive somewhere else and keep on going.

Seriously to post that is to not understand MS's commitment and the way he goes about things.

Edited by cheapracer, 09 October 2011 - 11:19.

#14241 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:19

Who would that be?
;)

He apparently also added this:

"... It is like seeing the master and the protege at work. ..Whenever you work with the best, there is always a lot to do with the level of detail... these guys don't sleep at night thinking about how to improve things. Vettel has picked that approach up from someone, or he was born like that. There could be a temptation from people when they get to Fl to think that they have made it, but the reality is he hasn't stopped - and he probably will not be happy until he has got seven titles under his belt, like the master..

:D

#14242 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:22

This from a Hamilton fan :lol:

#14243 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,477 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:26

And all this time I thought Walter Rohl had retired ;)

He apparently also added this:
:D

I have a colleague who is German and has the same discipline and seriousness. It might down to being German, I don't know whether Sutil or Rosberg has the same work ethic. Interesting.

#14244 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:45

you didnt see him trying to drive around the outside of webber then?

Yes. Did it succeed, no. Was it a bad start because it didn't succeed, no. Was it "what a start!!1!" because it almost did, NO.

get your eyes tested

They're working just fine, thank you very much.

#14245 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:46

This from a Hamilton fan :lol:

Oh, for god's sake, I'm no 'Hamilton fan'. I fan one driver, and you know damn well who it is.

#14246 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:48

I wish they would fix the reply boxes here as you can see ignored posters but otherwise ...

Posted Image

You know, spamming your ignorez aren't going to stop me from posting. Alas, my world doesn't revolve around you.

#14247 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:50

Oh, for god's sake, I'm no 'Hamilton fan'. I fan one driver, and you know damn well who it is.

In such case wouldn't it be better for you to open a thread about that driver and let us be your guests?

#14248 joshb

joshb

• 3,358 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:54

Strong showing from Schumi today... even rolled back the years by leading a few laps!

#14249 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:11

Just looked into who outside the top three teams finished in between 1st and 6th and how many times:

Schumacher - 5 (best 4th)
Rosberg - 4 (best 5th)
Petrov - 2 (best 3rd)
Heidfeld - 1 (best 3rd)
Kobayashi - 1 (best 5th)
Di Resta - 1 (best 6th)
Sutil - 1 (best 6th)

Although Petrov and Heidfeld finished third when they were arguably driving the third best car at the beginning of the season.

#14250 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:14

In such case wouldn't it be better for you to open a thread about that driver and let us be your guests?

What for, I'm not the one talking about Montoya, I'm talking about Shumi, and this is the thread to talk about Shumi.