Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#14351 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 13:57

I think you need to go and watch 1995 again, they weren't slow they just had horrible reliability (IIRC 16 DNF's in one year). They were actually contenders for multiple race wins, Suzuka, Spa, Monza and took close seconds in Argentina, San marino, Nurburgring, Silverstone as well as an actual win in Canada. With better reliability they could have been serious contenders.

Serious contenders for what? The WDC?

Your list is exaggerated.

By raw pace Ferrari were almost never contenders for wins.
Suzuka,Nürburgring and Imola were down to the mixed conditions and Alesi´s abilities in these conditions.
In Spa they benefitted from the "Quali-Chaos". But in the race you could easily see that Williams (e.g. DC) was faster and presumably also the later race winner MSC (who was still stuck in traffic before both Ferraris DNFed). And their only race-win was due to the Williams-DNFs and MSC´s electrical problems.
In fact Monza was more or less the only race in which Ferrari had "genuine pace" to win under normal circumstances.

Advertisement

#14352 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 14:04

Even when you have a better car you need a driver who is able to deliver and materialize your constructors effort into results, most of the time and with good predictability.

Very true, otherwise, Hill would have won many more world championships. :-) OTOH Hill was massively advantaged and hence looked better than he was in the Williams Car. In my opinion, there were better drivers out there who could have done more with the Williams.

#14353 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 14:22

I don't know if there is any way to gauge if he is as good as 10 years ago apart from a very generalized observation that his 'advanced' age has affected some of his abilities. That may apply to a normal person but MS (and most of the modern F1 drivers) don't adhere to the normal fitness standards. Today when I see Rubens and Michael side by side, Michael looks way more fitter. I think if there is enough motivation and the fitness is there, he will almost be at the same level as before. Debatable but that's just my opinion. I don't think Mika was unfit when he retired. He just lost the motivation.

What we are seeing now with MS is what he always had. Grim determination. It's a quality that a lot of fans didn't like about him (in addition to the fact that he was a bit naughty a couple of times in his career) but I am a huge fan because he is flawed. He doesn't know when to give up. This quality of him has taken him to great heights and also created some moments of madness. He was rightly criticized for some of those actions but who among us hasn't done something stupid. I am just glad to see him race. He is the last of the 'Old Guard'. As a fan, I will savor each race he competes in. Whether he wins again or not .. well .. that is yet to be seen.

Since his comeback, he has taken his time to understand where he needs to improve. He has taken in a loooooot of criticism. A lot of it was unfair apart from the Barrichello incident. But he has just worked hard and focused on getting to the front. Beating Rosberg has never been an objective for him. I am one of those fanatics who watches the live timing page while watching the race and I can confidently say that when it comes to race pace, MS has the edge over Nico this year. Nico should be worried. Should MS beat Nico this year, Nico's stock will fall.

how old are you? because everything gets harder as you get older and motivating your self to do even the simplest tasks can be really tough.

im only 30 but realise i just cant be bothered to do stuff i would have leaped at 5 years ago, its not just physical either its mental

#14354 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 14:32

The 1995 Ferrari was a dog

#14355 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,537 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 14:33

Serious contenders for what? The WDC?

Your list is exaggerated.

By raw pace Ferrari were almost never contenders for wins.
Suzuka,Nürburgring and Imola were down to the mixed conditions and Alesi´s abilities in these conditions.
In Spa they benefitted from the "Quali-Chaos". But in the race you could easily see that Williams (e.g. DC) was faster and presumably also the later race winner MSC (who was still stuck in traffic before both Ferraris DNFed). And their only race-win was due to the Williams-DNFs and MSC´s electrical problems.
In fact Monza was more or less the only race in which Ferrari had "genuine pace" to win under normal circumstances.

Of course WDC, Hill finished second in the title fight on 69 points, Alesi 5th on 42, even if you only give Alesi the Suzuka and Monza wins that would put him on 62 points. Give him a few of the 8 finishes he didn't get on top of that and he would easily have got into 2nd, well ahead of Hill's point total. He had four 2nd places don't forget, so his pace at Canada was no flash in the pan.

As far as I'm concerned, pace in changing conditions is still valid race pace as changeable conditions are part of every season.

#14356 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 14:58

I was hoping for a little rain in the Korea race. :rolleyes:

#14357 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 15:00

I think you need to go and watch 1995 again, they weren't slow they just had horrible reliability (IIRC 16 DNF's in one year). They were actually contenders for multiple race wins, Suzuka, Spa, Monza and took close seconds in Argentina, San Marino, Nurburgring, Silverstone as well as an actual win in Canada. With better reliability they could have been serious contenders.

Rubbish, Berger and Alesi drove the tits off of them all year, they had to, they were slow - one pole, 3 fastest laps (in San Marino and Monza, 'Ferrari's tracks' and Monaco more driver orientated) and one WCC race round for Ferrari all year. Oh yeah, one win in Canada, what happened to all the other front runners? Maybe you had better go look yourself at 1995.

Start here - http://www.allf1.info/ > site map > grids > 1995.

This was the story of 1995, Shumacher Vs Williams and rarely anyone else to be seen...

http://v.youku.com/v...k4MTc3MjM2.html

#14358 TheMortalBard

TheMortalBard

• 98 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 15:09

how old are you? because everything gets harder as you get older and motivating your self to do even the simplest tasks can be really tough.

im only 30 but realise i just cant be bothered to do stuff i would have leaped at 5 years ago, its not just physical either its mental

I am 36 and you are absolutely right. The motivation part is the hardest. Fortunately I am just as active as when I was 22 or 25 (Damn it ... seems like a long time ago!). I work out and keep myself fit but I've also realized that life experiences has made me better (mentally) than when I was young(er). My priorities have changed but I have the same level of intensity for my current priorities.

Going back to MS, I think he always uses the word motivation. And he seems to be very very motivated. Another word he uses a lot is 'challenge'. He has a huge challenge with Merc. To do it all again in an environment that is totally different. Less budget and testing being the biggest changes. And he is way way way fitter than me ! ;) So I think motivation comes easily to him. You and me have (probably) had a more rounded life. Things that we are passionate about changes throughout. It's different for someone like MS who has only known racing since he was a wee toddler. Formula one is physical but not in the same way as tennis or boxing. There age can make a bigger difference.

#14359 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 15:12

If you watched Massa's onboard he was hitting the rev limiter on the pit straight. Something's funny about the way Schumi is setting up the car.

If you can't go around corners fast as the Benz can't at the moment then place that energy into another area ie; go faster down the straights as per Monza.

Advertisement

#14360 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 15:24

I am 36 and you are absolutely right. The motivation part is the hardest. Fortunately I am just as active as when I was 22 or 25 (Damn it ... seems like a long time ago!). I work out and keep myself fit but I've also realized that life experiences has made me better (mentally) than when I was young(er). My priorities have changed but I have the same level of intensity for my current priorities.

Going back to MS, I think he always uses the word motivation. And he seems to be very very motivated. Another word he uses a lot is 'challenge'. He has a huge challenge with Merc. To do it all again in an environment that is totally different. Less budget and testing being the biggest changes. And he is way way way fitter than me ! ;) So I think motivation comes easily to him. You and me have (probably) had a more rounded life. Things that we are passionate about changes throughout. It's different for someone like MS who has only known racing since he was a wee toddler. Formula one is physical but not in the same way as tennis or boxing. There age can make a bigger difference.

For me, MS's legacy is intact. Nothing that he does at 42 affects or diminishes his 7 WDCs, 90+ GP wins etc.....

That is why I think that this second career is awesome for him. No one, apart from Hakinnen or Alonso can really say that they beat him in his prime in a straight fight.

Not Vettel, not Hamilton, not anyone at the moment because he is not in his prime. I would find that liberating in a way....

I am sure that MS wants to win again, but at the moment it appears that all the pressure is on his team mate rather than him.

#14361 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,537 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 15:39

Rubbish, Berger and Alesi drove the tits off of them all year, they had to, they were slow - one pole, 3 fastest laps (in San Marino and Monza, 'Ferrari's tracks' and Monaco more driver orientated) and one WCC race round for Ferrari all year. Oh yeah, one win in Canada, what happened to all the other front runners? Maybe you had better go look yourself at 1995.

Start here - http://www.allf1.info/ > site map > grids > 1995.

This was the story of 1995, Shumacher Vs Williams and rarely anyone else to be seen...

http://v.youku.com/v...k4MTc3MjM2.html

• 1 pole
  • 5 front row starts
  • 16 top four starts
  • 1 win
  • 2 retirements from the lead
  • 4 second places
  • 2 retirements from second (once while catching the leader in suzuka)
  • 11 podiums in total

No, I wouldn't call that slow.

You can drive a car as hard as you like it'll only give you what it's got, no more, the speed the car delivered is the speed the car had, not magic speed injected by the drivers.

Anyway, this is all OT.

Edited by Boing 2, 12 October 2011 - 15:45.

#14362 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 16:14

No, I wouldn't call that slow.

You can drive a car as hard as you like it'll only give you what it's got, no more, the speed the car delivered is the speed the car had, not magic speed injected by the drivers.

Anyway, this is all OT.

I would, I just watched some of 1995.

The speed a car delivers over one or some laps is not indicative of what a car is capable of doing lap after lap for a whole GP, under that criteria the Ferrari was slow. Both the Williams and Benetton were capable of fast laps from start to finish ie; the race time and your result list would look pale next to either of there's.

It isn't OT, the connection with Schumacher is clear and relevant to what you are implying. The Ferrari car and team that Schumacher entered into was slow in 1996 and he and the other relevant talented people around him together bought it to the front with all their various skills supporting Schumachers driving brilliance in those years.

#14363 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 16:18

I am sure that MS wants to win again, but at the moment it appears that all the pressure is on his team mate rather than him.

His previous incarnations show he is a festidious and patient developer of the car and team, I expected better results (not wins mind you) in the second half of last years but seems with the no testing, 3 year lay off and possibly his age the method is slower than expected.

#14364 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 16:20

It isn't OT, the connection with Schumacher is clear and relevant to what you are implying. The Ferrari car and team that Schumacher entered into was slow in 1996 and he and the other relevant talented people around him together bought it to the front with all their various skills supporting Schumachers driving brilliance in those years.

This really isn't rocket science. Unless you choose to believe in a plethora of coincidences and web of conspiracy it's patently obvious that MS played the major role in Ferrari's turnaround, together, of course, with Brawn, Byrne and a couple of others.

#14365 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 16:31

This really isn't rocket science. Unless you choose to believe in a plethora of coincidences and web of conspiracy it's patently obvious that MS played the major role in Ferrari's turnaround, together, of course, with Brawn, Byrne and a couple of others.

and then there's that awful cringeworthy moment in 1996 when Briatore stands up in front of an audience with Alesi and Berger sitting behind him and flatly announces how much better Schumacher is than his own drivers :blush:, geez I felt terrible for them watching that - I know where that is, I'll post it in the next few days.

#14366 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 16:34

For me, MS's legacy is intact. Nothing that he does at 42 affects or diminishes his 7 WDCs, 90+ GP wins etc.....

That is why I think that this second career is awesome for him. No one, apart from Hakinnen or Alonso can really say that they beat him in his prime in a straight fight.

Not Vettel, not Hamilton, not anyone at the moment because he is not in his prime. I would find that liberating in a way....

Schumi could father those two,so we can be pretty safe about his prime. :lol:
Anyone that even makes the slightest attempt at diminishing even a Schu podium should just be ignored and not replied to.

#14367 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 16:50

Of course WDC, Hill finished second in the title fight on 69 points, Alesi 5th on 42, even if you only give Alesi the Suzuka and Monza wins that would put him on 62 points. Give him a few of the 8 finishes he didn't get on top of that and he would easily have got into 2nd, well ahead of Hill's point total. He had four 2nd places don't forget, so his pace at Canada was no flash in the pan.

As far as I'm concerned, pace in changing conditions is still valid race pace as changeable conditions are part of every season.

WDC-contender? :rotfl:

Give him this, give him that.

Ok let´s give Alesi Monza and Suzuka. But according to that logic Alesi has also to give his victory at Montreal to MSC... MSC gets another win in Sivlerstone because he was bumped by Hill etc.
Give Hill a possible P1 in Interlagos, when he suffered a gearbox failure.
It´s starting to get a little bit complicated....

Facts are: Ferrari was less reliable than the top two teams and was also only the 3rd fastest car in most races of the year. Never a WDC-contender....

Edited by LiJu914, 12 October 2011 - 16:51.

#14368 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,548 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 17:01

Alonso did not beat vintage MS. In fact, no one did, except Mika and McLaren and that was with a large gap in car development. Mika could not beat Schu when he was on it (2000 season). Even the 1998 season could have been won by Ferrari.

Only one driver could beat vintage MS and that would be Senna. Prost to an extent.

Edited by George Costanza, 12 October 2011 - 17:02.

#14369 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 17:12

Alonso did not beat vintage MS. In fact, no one did, except Mika and McLaren and that was with a large gap in car development. Mika could not beat Schu when he was on it (2000 season). Even the 1998 season could have been won by Ferrari.

Only one driver could beat vintage MS and that would be Senna. Prost to an extent.

Largely true. MS 2005 wasn't as outright fast as MS 2000, whether it be due to passing years or waning hunger.

#14370 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,548 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 17:15

Largely true. MS 2005 wasn't as outright fast as MS 2000, whether it be due to passing years or waning hunger.

put 2000 Schumacher vs the current drivers, I would and everyone else likely, would favor Schumacher to win.

Alonso just faced 2006 Schumacher and nearly lost the title.

#14371 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 17:20

So unfortunately no rain expected this weekend

#14372 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,295 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 18:24

In 2005 the combo of Ferrari + Bridgestone just didn't stand a chance against Alonso and Renault simple as that. In 2006 the story was a lot different and then the result was a lot more even as well even when Ferrari had a bad start with their V8 not being all to well.

#14373 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 18:27

Formula one is physical but not in the same way as tennis or boxing.

I would have thought that formula 1 would be a lot more physically exerting than football, tennis or boxing. :/
I don't know but I can't imagine you do either, have you driven a formula 1 car or something similar? (Serious question not just being a bitch.)

#14374 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,548 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 18:39

In 2005 the combo of Ferrari + Bridgestone just didn't stand a chance against Alonso and Renault simple as that. In 2006 the story was a lot different and then the result was a lot more even as well even when Ferrari had a bad start with their V8 not being all to well.

Ferrari made a good car; largely tire issue.

#14375 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 19:04

I know one can't be bothered to go through the 360 pages of Michael Schumacher - so to summarize, 2005 was in fact a no show for all Bridgestone runners except at the Indianapolis Circuit where the Michelin teams were a no show. I dont think Michael tried that hard nor did Ferrari, cuz there was no point. You can gain 10ths in aero development in all but its the tyre that can gain you a whole second. I think Ferrari and Michael got the hint that FIA and the public in general were tired of them winning all the time and most people started to call F1 boring becuz winning was so easy. I mean if bookies stop taking bets against you then that has got to be the day!!!!! Even during Nigel Mansel's record breaking championship year, bets were still open to be taken. So dont think either Ferrari or Michael cared much if 2005 was a lost cause.

They were pretty much focussed on 2006, and it must have been a rude shock to Ferrari and Bridgestone that Michelin had the better tyre in 2006. You know, for all who say that 2006 was Schumacher vs Alonso I say balls to that. In fact, it was Michael vs. the Michelin tyre runners. He wasn't only fighting Alonso but the Mclarens and the Honda's who were on Michelin's. It was like 2003 again. When the Bridgestone's were good, the rest of the grid had to contend only with the two Ferrari's. But when Michelin were better, running on bridgestones were a real disadvantage. I think 2003 was an incredible salvage job by Schumi and Ferrari. Unfortunately just as 2006 was turning out to be even mega, it just went away in engine fumes @Suzuka.

#14376 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 19:29

i just pray schumacher gets car good enough to fight for podiums because im sick of hearing how f1 is morec ompetitive now and the drivers are better when im convinced its not true..

button almost got beat by schumachers lapdog FFS and theres more pay drivers on the grid than ever

#14377 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,548 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 21:02

i just pray schumacher gets car good enough to fight for podiums because im sick of hearing how f1 is morec ompetitive now and the drivers are better when im convinced its not true..

button almost got beat by schumachers lapdog FFS and theres more pay drivers on the grid than ever

For that to occur, he might have to stay untl 2013.

#14378 SpeedyTimer

SpeedyTimer

• 88 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 22:03

What we are seeing now with MS is what he always had. Grim determination. It's a quality that a lot of fans didn't like about him (in addition to the fact that he was a bit naughty a couple of times in his career) but I am a huge fan because he is flawed. He doesn't know when to give up. This quality of him has taken him to great heights and also created some moments of madness. He was rightly criticized for some of those actions but who among us hasn't done something stupid. I am just glad to see him race. He is the last of the 'Old Guard'. As a fan, I will savor each race he competes in. Whether he wins again or not .. well .. that is yet to be seen.

Since his comeback, he has taken his time to understand where he needs to improve. He has taken in a loooooot of criticism. A lot of it was unfair apart from the Barrichello incident. But he has just worked hard and focused on getting to the front. Beating Rosberg has never been an objective for him. I am one of those fanatics who watches the live timing page while watching the race and I can confidently say that when it comes to race pace, MS has the edge over Nico this year. Nico should be worried. Should MS beat Nico this year, Nico's stock will fall.

I agree 100%. His will to win borders on pathological. Look at Quali Monoco '06. When he parked the car I nearly pissed myelf laughing and I couldn't wait to hear how he was going to explain himself out of that one (or not).

Some people would say we are flawed for admiring these qualities, but when the chips are down and something needs to be done I know whom I would rather associate myself with. Someone who will take the bull by the horns and shake the hell out of him instead of lying back and allowing his n*ts to be gouged out of him. No crying after the deserved penalty for those shenanigans but let his racecraft do his talking for him, last to 6th? place in Monaco... a man's man.

I do not know whether or not his skill has really diminished all that much in his later years. One only has to look at Monaco '06 and Brazil '06 to see how racey he was back then.. And this year we have seen the flashes of Brilliance again...Canada, Monza, and Japan.

As said by many others in this thread, the lack of testing has been the biggest detriment to his lack of form in 2010 and the first part of this year. I sincerely think that he has his MoJo back, and if MB can provide him with a competitive car in 2012 there will be alot of brown stained racing suits from the rest of the field and this Forum will go Loco. The LH-fest/LH-bash will Trulli be insignificant compared to the bashing/promotion of the "Flawed One". :p

#14379 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 22:25

F1 world will go nuts next year, should he make it onto podium. Vettel v. Schumacher is the ultimate showdown that I want to see, before I let out my last breath.

Advertisement

#14380 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,224 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 23:54

F1 world will go nuts next year, should he make it onto podium. Vettel v. Schumacher is the ultimate showdown that I want to see, before I let out my last breath.

I think we may see it next year on a few occasions. We could have seen it in Canada 2011 had a dry line not emerged. Schumacher was in awesome form at that race.

I wonder how Sebastian would handle racing wheel to wheel with his idol and mentor.

#14381 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:51

I think he's doing just great remembering that F1 is now more competitive than ever and the drivers are also better than ever before.

#14382 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,548 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:03

I think he's doing just great remembering that F1 is now more competitive than ever and the drivers are also better than ever before.

I don't agree.

1980s and early 1990s were more quality drivers; espeically 1991.

Senna, Prost, Mansell, Mika, Schumacher, Piquet were all on the grid in 1991.

Jean Alesi and Damon Hill were there also (Hill in '93).

I would, of course, take Senna over any driver today, except for Schu.

Edited by George Costanza, 13 October 2011 - 02:05.

#14383 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:21

Michael Schumacher: “I came here to succeed…”

Michael Schumacher is now only three points behind team mate Nico Rosberg, but the former World Champion says that finishing ahead of his countryman is not an extra spur as the end of the season approaches.

“To me that is not what matters,” said Schumacher in Korea today. “I think we have spoken about this some time before, whether I’m placed in front or behind him, that’s not what matters. To me it matters that as a team we go in the right direction, that we get the car that we need to really fight for a front position, and then it will matter where I am against him.”

Michael said there was no one reason for his recent improvement in form: “I guess in the end it’s a combination of many things, and the point is we are able to achieve more often to get 100% out of the car. That has not always been the case, but it’s very clear that since about three or four races we’ve been pretty consistent this way.”

Schumacher added that the recent arrival of Aldo Costa and Geoff Willis was a major boost for the team.

“I came here to succeed, together with Mercedes. On the way there obviously after the first two years, or first one and a half years, it was obvious that we needed to raise our game.

“And despite that we have fantastic engineers and great guys, we just need more capacity, and that’s what has arrived with two guys, one obviously Aldo that I know from the past, working together with in Ferrari days, and Geoff I’ve heard he’s been involved with the team in the past. So, two men with a wealth of experience that should help for the future.”

http://adamcooperf1....ere-to-succeed/

#14384 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:25

“To me that is not what matters,” said Schumacher in Korea today. “I think we have spoken about this some time before, whether I’m placed in front or behind him, that’s not what matters. To me it matters that as a team we go in the right direction, that we get the car that we need to really fight for a front position, and then it will matter where I am against him.”

Well, that's what me and some others here have kept on saying since last year. Now you can read it in Michael's own words.

#14385 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 13:32

Well, that's what me and some others here have kept on saying since last year. Now you can read it in Michael's own words.

I agree. He's so confident that once he has a quick car that can fight at the front, he will beat Nico.

Edited by GoRacing, 13 October 2011 - 13:33.

#14386 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 13:42

That is what I always have thought also.

#14387 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 13:51

I don't agree.

The post wasn't meant for you :lol:

#14388 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,331 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 13:54

I think 2003 was an incredible salvage job by Schumi and Ferrari. Unfortunately just as 2006 was turning out to be even mega, it just went away in engine fumes @Suzuka.

That is they very moment still burning inside me. His hand shaking with his mechanics. Gosh. What a terrible day it was.

#14389 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 14:13

That is they very moment still burning inside me. His hand shaking with his mechanics. Gosh. What a terrible day it was.

For me, that day highlighted what a professional MS is.

The engine blows, but he does not get upset at Ferrari, understanding that it was the team that provided such good machinery for him all those years and championships.

Utter class...

#14390 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 14:29

For me, that day highlighted what a professional MS is.

The engine blows, but he does not get upset at Ferrari, understanding that it was the team that provided such good machinery for him all those years and championships.

Utter class...

Yes, there were storm clouds in his eyes as he climbed out of the stricken Ferrari but when he reached the garage his thoughts were for the teammates.

#14391 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 15:34

Michael&Nico ratings from Japanese GP.

Posted Image

LOL

Did Michael ever got more than 8? How much did he got for Spa, going from last to fifth?

#14392 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,124 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 15:41

Posted Image

LOL

Did Michael ever got more than 8? How much did he got for Spa, going from last to fifth?

If that's Ed Straw writing those scores then we all know he's somewhat lacking in objectivity regarding MS (and probably SV as well). Ain't no way NR had as good a race as MS on Sunday, he did well, MS did better & the scores should reflect that (9 for MS, 8 for NR imo).

#14393 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 17:12

Posted Image

LOL

schumi was best of the rest outside the big four teams :confused:

Edited by rm111, 13 October 2011 - 17:13.

#14394 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,224 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 17:16

schumi was best of the rest outside the big four teams :confused:

Yup, Renault is among the top four teams, ya know :D

#14395 NateF

NateF

• 1,066 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 17:25

Taking retirements out, Schumacher's last 4 results have been, 8th, 5th, 5th and 6th, I thought it might rain this weekend ( I predicted earlier that Korea might be his first podium if it rained) but it's actually looking like it will be a dry race so I'm thinking he might finish top six again and if there is some self destructive driving from someone maybe even higher

#14396 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 17:30

Unfortunately just as 2006 was turning out to be even mega, it just went away in engine fumes @Suzuka.

Oh God.Did you have to remind me of that day again?Terrible terrible moment.Can never forget it.

#14397 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,548 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 17:41

Oh God.Did you have to remind me of that day again?Terrible terrible moment.Can never forget it.

Yes... Schumacher would have won the title; had Alonso had trouble in Brazil. say Alonso DNF in Brazil, Schu wins, tie 126-126, Schumacher wins due to more wins. :stoned:

#14398 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 18:16

Posted Image

LOL

Edd, even Damon has gotten over it :lol:

#14399 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,803 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 18:21

Sigh, give it a rest please... The better (and fairer) driver won in 2006 despite having more mech failures, end of story.

Advertisement

#14400 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 18:50

Sigh, give it a rest please... The better (and fairer) driver won in 2006 despite having more mech failures, end of story.

Why should people give it a rest? If people want to talk about Michael Schumacher in a Michael Schumacher thread then why not?
It doesn't say "Michael Schumacher - 2010/11" does it? If people want to talk about Michael Schumacher in 2006 then why shouldn't they?