Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#14801 Igorr

Igorr

• 222 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:51

For sure he is still using his old elements, mixing them up with the new ones, always having the rear end dancing. And i remember on few occasions he was warned by the engineer not to use the brake and throttle in the same time, so i guess he will be more comfortable in the car for sure, and hopefully quicker.

Advertisement

#14802 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,366 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:04

Massa was not a rookie when he was paired with MSC.

You know what I mean with that? It was his first time in a serious team and there was a lot to be learned. Ferrari is just a tad bigger than Sauber ;) He was testdriver in 2003 for Ferrari, true, otoh combining knowledge with action isn't easy and certainly not if your speeds are above 200kph on average :cool:

Now I think of it, since Alonso had built up his gap so dramatically early in the season, Massa had to interfere but he wasn't able to due to his 'rookieness'. Fisichella had to interfere with Schumacher (was one year more experienced at this team compared to Massa). He was actually in hot pursuit but most of the time not able to do anything about it when it mattered most. Their battle in Hungary was colossal by the way :o

guys, what do u think about next season suiting schumi's driving style more, with the "normal" exhaust rules and the ban of the blown diffuser? He can definitely change the corner approach, and use his old method of braking into the corner with the throttle still open? It should be a good advantage as we know how good he used to be in that.

What one is forgetting here, is that electronics are getting in the way of that tactic. As far as I know, Schumacher wasn't able to blip the throttle anymore due to the standard ECU that was introduced in 2008. Thaat measure was taken to prevent teams of going ahead and implementing / hiding their own traction control and alike systems in that component. But back ontopic, since ECU's are still standardized in '12 I think he still has to work around it? But the way he does it know, should fit, most of the time we are seeing it in the laptimes this season.

Edited by Jejking, 20 October 2011 - 09:14.

#14803 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:11

You know what I mean with that? It was his first time in a serious team and there was a lot to be learned. Ferrari is just a tad bigger than Sauber ;) He was testdriver in 2003 for Ferrari, true, otoh combining knowledge with action isn't easy and certainly not if your speeds are above 200kph on average :cool:

He had 3 years racing with Sauber, many drivers have had far less time before moving to a top team. To try and classify him in anyway as a rookie when he got the Ferrari drive is ridiculous.

#14804 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:13

What one is forgetting here, is that electronics are getting in the way of that tactic. As far as I know, Schumacher wasn't able to blip the throttle anymore due to the standard ECU that was introduced in 2008. Thaat measure was taken to prevent teams of going ahead and implementing / hiding their own traction control and alike systems in that component. But back ontopic, since ECU's are still standardized in '12 I think he still has to work around it? But the way he does it know, should fit, most of the time we are seeing it in the laptimes this season.

Why would the standard ECU prevent a driver from blipping the throttle? It prevents the electronics from doing it on behalf of the driver, but there is nothing to stop the driver doing it.

#14805 baddog

baddog

• 23,367 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:45

Why would the standard ECU prevent a driver from blipping the throttle? It prevents the electronics from doing it on behalf of the driver, but there is nothing to stop the driver doing it.

it is the blown diffuser that does not permit the kind of throttle manipulationg schumacher long used to balance the car under braking and in corners, specifically the hot blown diffuser, as the throttle must be at rest for the system to kick in. Hence him being told a lot early this year not to use the throttle under braking.

#14806 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,366 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:47

He had 3 years racing with Sauber, many drivers have had far less time before moving to a top team. To try and classify him in anyway as a rookie when he got the Ferrari drive is ridiculous.

What would you call him then? Massa had a couple of decent drives but was on the other hand very ragged around the edges at other times, including a lot of clashes. Especially in his rookie season, 2003 was testing, 2004 was more mature but still with some rookie mistakes (Monza 2004 f.e.). 2005 was better and then Ferrari came along with the second seat alongside Schumacher. Not sure how to label him then.

Edit: thanks for clarifying that Baddog, it's no easy material sometimes. I think, if Schumacher was able to use it, he would have used it. It's a driver characteristic.

Edited by Jejking, 20 October 2011 - 09:49.

#14807 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:57

it is the blown diffuser that does not permit the kind of throttle manipulationg schumacher long used to balance the car under braking and in corners, specifically the hot blown diffuser, as the throttle must be at rest for the system to kick in. Hence him being told a lot early this year not to use the throttle under braking.

^This
He had to "unlearn" from his normal driving style and lift off in order to get the downforce from the EBD in the corners. The other driver I've heard being told not to use brake and throttle at the same time was Vettel. And I thought it must be a natural instinctive reaction which they have to suppress.

#14808 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:28

What would you call him then? Massa had a couple of decent drives but was on the other hand very ragged around the edges at other times, including a lot of clashes. Especially in his rookie season, 2003 was testing, 2004 was more mature but still with some rookie mistakes (Monza 2004 f.e.). 2005 was better and then Ferrari came along with the second seat alongside Schumacher. Not sure how to label him then.

Edit: thanks for clarifying that Baddog, it's no easy material sometimes. I think, if Schumacher was able to use it, he would have used it. It's a driver characteristic.

I'd call him an experienced driver. He might have had more to learn, but that still doesn't make him anywhere near a rookie at that stage of his career.

#14809 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,366 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:15

I'm prepared to give in on this one so we can start looking again at the bigger picture :p

#14810 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:46

^This
He had to "unlearn" from his normal driving style and lift off in order to get the downforce from the EBD in the corners. The other driver I've heard being told not to use brake and throttle at the same time was Vettel. And I thought it must be a natural instinctive reaction which they have to suppress.

I think it's something that comes through from karting. After many years of doing it's probably easy to slip back into.

#14811 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:24

Some old stuff looking trough PlanetF1 to find the last Schumi's Sekret Tageblog:
Herbert: Schumacher likely to quit
Schumi laughs off Irvine's dig
Lauda: Schumi's days are numbered

And if somebody missed it:
Schumi's Sekret Tageblog: Buttons!

"Hello my tifosi chums.

You, more than anyone else in this crazy world we call F1, will be knowing what the situation is right now with a certain line of questions.
"Michael, are you going to retire?"
You know, if I had one euro for every time this question has been asked to me, I could have given it to the Greeks and they would have no debt problems. It was last year very similar.

There are three totally boring and most-asked questions in F1 and that is one of them. The second is "Do you think Lewis is a dangerous driver?" and the third is, "Eddie, is that your own hair?"

The answer to each is "no", "no" and "no".

I am also constantly being asked what I think about Sebastian, to which I always reply with a bit of a wink attached: "I think he's the best Swiss driver since Clay Regazzoni". Which reminds me. Quite honestly and obviously there is something to be investigated about Italian surnames in F1. Perhaps there is a genetic link as to why there are so many who don't come from Italy. Let me start a list for you:
Rubens Barrichello, not from Italy, from Brazil
Jerome D'Ambrosio, not from Italy, from Belgium
Paul DiResta, not from Italy, from Scotland, och aye
Daniel Ricciardo, not from Italy, from Australia, mate
Sebastien Buemi, not from Italy, from Switzerland
Jarno Trulli, not from Italy, from Planet Whiney

The last entry was, naturally, a joke, but you can see where I am pointing. Anyway, I am very much enjoying my summer break here at Schloss Schumi in Vufflens Le Chateau. It has given me time to reflect the season so far. Perhaps my two nemesis are doing the same. I am sure Kamui Kobayashi is doing something relaxing, like hurling himself down canyons in a damp suit. Vitaly Petrov is no doubt at a Black Sea resort gorging himself silly on beetroot-based snacks. Probably some insects, too.

Quite honestly and obviously and honestly and obviously my season would have been a lot better if they hadn't been in the way so much. But it is my own fault. I keep forgetting things. I wake up at night in the cold sweat screaming "Unlatch the paddle! Unlatch the paddle!"

There are so many buttons to press and it is always so difficult to remember what they do in the heating battle. Lieblings pudgie wudgie donut face says I can't remember to put the top back on the toothpaste tube at home so it's not surprising I fiddle with the wrong buttons when I have 'Banzai Boy' or 'Simples' breathing up my exhaust pipe.

My starts are going great. No problems there. It's just my finishes that are not going so well...And Laps 8 to 46 could also be a lot better.

Here is the typical race for me in 2011.
Qualify two places behind Nico, 0.2 seconds slower. Not so bad.
Good start, make up a few places
Change tyres the earliest on Lap 12
Emerge from pits behind Kobayashi who's going to Lap 27 on one set and my DRS wing isn't working. Stuck behind him, strategy disappearing down drain like a rat chasing a sausage.
Banzai Boy disappears and finally catch Petrov.
Lose front wing in excitement of catching up another car
Box for new wing.
Come out in front of leaders and have to slow down to be lapped
Lapped by Nico... who waves to me
Press all buttons on the steering wheel at once to try to get the car to break down
Car breaks down
Give my "cheery battler" smile and wave to crowd on way back to pits
Prepare excuses for interview with Lee McKenzie who will ask me, "So, Michael, how did it go...?"
I will hint at a problem from Lap 7, but make little of it
I then say I'm really looking forward to the next race.
And no, I am not retiring.

That is the first part of the season over, but already I am looking forward to the second part and my favourite circuit at Spa and the power of the Mercedes engine. With some nice improvements to the car we can make it to the podium in the next two races. I am certain of this. I just hope the improvement doesn't involve another button.

Until then my little Schumsters, have a great summer break and if you see any strange or fascinating insects while you are out in the hot sun, make sure to send them to Vitaly, but please, whatever you do, don't send him the brightly coloured ones as they are often poisonous...

The Schum "
http://www.planetf1....geblog-Buttons-
http://www.planetf1....Tageblog-Petrov

Edited by ivand911, 20 October 2011 - 12:33.

#14812 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 14:52

I thought the driving style excuse was used up this year? I would have expected schumacher fans to be aware that michaels great strength used to be the ability to adapt and drive anything fast, regardless of handling. He might of had a driving preference, but it was never a single style he relied on.

Schumacher developed (with other people respectfully) both the Benetton and the Ferrari over a considerable amount of time - there is not much evidence that immediately drove "anything" fast and in fact sharing sports cars with other drivers tends to suggest he was hampered when the car wasn't setup around him.

#14813 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 15:32

Funny Mikele! :rotfl:

#14814 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 16:57

I thought the driving style excuse was used up this year? I would have expected schumacher fans to be aware that michaels great strength used to be the ability to adapt and drive anything fast, regardless of handling. He might of had a driving preference, but it was never a single style he relied on.

I agree with you. Schumi drove to the limit car with high understeer(Ferrari 96, for instance) and also cars with high oversteer. Car handling is not an excuse for him not being so fast as before.

Funny Mikele! :rotfl:

Great finding :up:

Had a good laugh, but his name is not Mikele or Miguel or any other Spanish variation/version of Michael :p

#14815 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 18:23

I agree with you. Schumi drove to the limit car with high understeer(Ferrari 96, for instance) and also cars with high oversteer. C

And won the '96 WDC!! oh wait ...

Oh and show me all the pictures with Schumacher hanging the tail out on all those "oversteering" cars 'cause I have never seen them ....

Car handling is not an excuse for him not being so fast as before.

Handling and road holding (grip) are entirely different things, the Benz presently doesn't have the latter. A race driver will take high grip, bad handling over low grip, good handling in a bee's breath - learn the difference.

#14816 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,922 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 18:34

I hope a journalist can ask this question to Michael about the braking/throttle technique. What he had to do since his comeback to adjust and whether he can go back to it in 2012.

#14817 hero

hero

• 99 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 19:20

Schumacher developed (with other people respectfully) both the Benetton and the Ferrari over a considerable amount of time - there is not much evidence that immediately drove "anything" fast and in fact sharing sports cars with other drivers tends to suggest he was hampered when the car wasn't setup around him.

How about his first F1 race when he out qualified de chesaris by 7 tenths on a track he has never driven before? And then jumping into a benetton and blowing away triple world champion Piquet?

Edited by hero, 20 October 2011 - 19:24.

#14818 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 19:32

And won the '96 WDC!! oh wait ...

Oh and show me all the pictures with Schumacher hanging the tail out on all those "oversteering" cars 'cause I have never seen them ....

Handling and road holding (grip) are entirely different things, the Benz presently doesn't have the latter. A race driver will take high grip, bad handling over low grip, good handling in a bee's breath - learn the difference.

You could argue the oversteer is due to high kerb but still it took too many time to recover from it.

PS: I know the difference between grip and handling. :drunk: Mercedes have poor grip but still prime Schumi would be faster than Nico by bigger margin, regardless of car handling because this was never his problem

#14819 schubacca

schubacca

• 796 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 20:15

All sorts of revisionist history going on to prove that MS is not one of the greatest drivers of all time.

What he does or doesn't do now does not affect his legendary status.

Edited by schubacca, 20 October 2011 - 20:15.

Advertisement

#14820 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 20:26

I can't believe anybody honestly thinks MS is, should be, or coud be as fast now as in 1991 - 2001. There's a good reason you see very, very few 42 year olds excelling at sport, be it football, cricket, tennis or even snooker. Of course there's the odd freaky exception, but ultimately the human body just aint what it was at 25, and all the good will in the world isn't going to change that.

The proper question for me is is he still good enough to be worthy of a seat in a decent car with a decent team mate. Based on the last 7 or 8 races I'd very much say yes.

#14821 metz

metz

• 9,707 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 21:22

A good engineer is more likely to help the car go faster than any driver.
Drivers are there for the personality, media, hype and sponsors.
And in that department, Schumacher has it in spades.

#14822 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,739 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 21:28

that's right but a good engineer will work better with some kind of drivers and worse with others.

of course the engineer is still the master key, but he's not the only piece of the puzzle. it's a pretty tricky game

#14823 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,366 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 21:41

Well said MTR, well said.

#14824 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 22:18

Drivers are there for the personality, media, hype and sponsors.
And in that department, Schumacher has it in spades.

Maybe, but you forgot they do also drive a car, that one be a fast bitch, or a slow dog, and risks his life for our pleasure. Engineer does neither, thus maybe we can give a driver little credit for that little something. Schumacher has skills in spades most of us are lacking; in cockpit, just as outside of it.

Edited by Sakae, 20 October 2011 - 22:21.

#14825 D-man

D-man

• 264 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 22:23

The fact that Schumacher has the drive and commitment to have made a comeback, and the balls to put his reputation on the line only cements his legendary status. I respect him more than ever!

#14826 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:08

Is this new here?

Schumacher ignores Brundle [BBC] F1 2011 Korean GP

#14827 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,661 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:16

Is this new here?

That's nothing personal. Happens to Brundle all the time. He was simply in a hurry.

#14828 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:24

Nothing personal towards Brundle,... but I think MS doesnt like the BBC and the way they are always super-critical about him.

Eddie Jordan spent over a whole year trying to talk MS out of the car, DC nodding in agreement. These guys dont want to see him in F1, MS doesnt want to see them either.

#14829 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:31

Michael never talks before a race. He's made plenty of time this year to do segments with the BBC/DC around the race weekend such as driving round the track with Coulthard, and he always speaks after the race, but never before. He just doesn't like to, and I think thats fair enough.

#14830 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:02

He does for RTL, SKY and ORF. The stuff he does with the BBC is the absolute minimum. You hardly ever see him after the race standing with the BBC crew analysing the race. Hamilton, Button, Vettel, DiResta, yes, but MS? He knows the way they talk about him.

Edited by Kucki, 21 October 2011 - 10:03.

#14831 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:24

He does for RTL, SKY and ORF. The stuff he does with the BBC is the absolute minimum. You hardly ever see him after the race standing with the BBC crew analysing the race. Hamilton, Button, Vettel, DiResta, yes, but MS? He knows the way they talk about him.

He never analyze the race with RTL too, he just give them an interview. Maybe when BBC start analyzing he is long gone from the track.

#14832 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:28

Is this new here?

I really hate to see all these journalists (or whatever they are) around the drivers when the cars are on the grid... It has to be very annoying for the drivers and for the mechanics...

And about Schumi ignoring (I don't think he did but regardless...) Brundle... I would have done the same thing... :lol:

#14833 Igorr

Igorr

• 222 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:53

im 100% sure for hamilton, and schumacher as well that both of them don't want to talk to anyone except their engineer and the mechanics before the race.

#14834 HaPe

HaPe

• 1,016 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 13:06

I'll go into your post later on but for now I want to say:

First thing is true. Second thing is not. Ferrari sent Schumacher on his way with more fuel to stay out longer in the second stint. MSC was out on track going faster than Alonso, but went off, after that he didn't have enough laps to stretch the gap out enough. He pitted, came out third, and stayed there.

Nonetheless Alonso was already in P2 right after the SC stopps!
So its entirely right to say that initially it was the required waiting in pits behind Massa that gifted Alonso P2.

MAYBE Schumacher could have retaken it by a different strategy, but thats not proven.

HaPe

Edited by HaPe, 21 October 2011 - 13:09.

#14835 HaPe

HaPe

• 1,016 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 13:19

Sorry but you seems to have missed quite a lot of years of F1 as well as other motorsport events like Race of Champions....

Schumacher looked not as good in sportscars because he simply doesnt like it, when he cant see his wheels resp. where the car is on track. In sportscars he sits inside the cabin and can only guess where his wheels in relation to track borders (especially curbs / turns) are at the moment.

His efforts in Race of Champions proved very clearly that he can drive any "foreign" car to the maximum limit, being faster than anyone (if he doesnt make a mistake for sure).
....and it was also clearly visible at RoC that he couldnt cope with touring cars as good as with the open wheeler.

The 91 Jordan was not build to suit him and he was the faster man.
The 92 Benetton was not build to suit him and he was the faster man.
The 96 Ferrari was not build to suit him and he was the faster man.

#14836 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,366 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 13:39

I'm sure we can find some evidence on that McLaren-Eng-site thingy, in laptimes, for Turkey 2006 :)

Btw, new discussion point, since Schumacher most of the time has been accused of being preferred by the team over his teammate. Of course he has done a lot of that on merit, and enforced it, but there are still people who think that game was already going on in 1992. My question, how much was he given an advantage in 1992? I think if it's the case at all, it wouldn't be that much since Brundle came in the team 'only' five races later. What is your take on that guys?

#14837 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 15:19

The 91 Jordan was not build to suit him and he was the faster man.
The 92 Benetton was not build to suit him and he was the faster man.
The 96 Ferrari was not build to suit him and he was the faster man.

the 2011 Mercedes GP WAS build to suit him and he still isn't the faster man.

Just to add something constructive eh.

And oh, the RoC, the Legend Jos Verstappen will Wipe Schumi's Ass on the track. Just wait and see!

#14838 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 15:55

the 2011 Mercedes GP WAS build to suit him and he still isn't the faster man.

Just to add something constructive eh.

And oh, the RoC, the Legend Jos Verstappen will Wipe Schumi's Ass on the track. Just wait and see!

What if happen the opposite? I am sure Jos will bin it from scare. :p

Edited by ivand911, 21 October 2011 - 15:58.

#14839 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,661 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 16:27

I hope a journalist can ask this question to Michael about the braking/throttle technique. What he had to do since his comeback to adjust and whether he can go back to it in 2012.

Actually, this is a very valid question. It is the first time I hear(my ignorance I am sure) that he was reminded(?)from the pit several(?) times not to use the throttle under braking. It has always been a basic part of his driving style, and if he cannot do that, it explains a lot to me. It is well known that he loses time to NR during cornering. I always thought that to be contradictory. It was one of the key factors enabling him to get around the flaws of a racing car.
Very old vid, but still valid:

Edited by Szoelloe, 21 October 2011 - 16:28.

Advertisement

#14840 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 18:19

I'm sure we can find some evidence on that McLaren-Eng-site thingy, in laptimes, for Turkey 2006 :)

Btw, new discussion point, since Schumacher most of the time has been accused of being preferred by the team over his teammate. Of course he has done a lot of that on merit, and enforced it, but there are still people who think that game was already going on in 1992. My question, how much was he given an advantage in 1992? I think if it's the case at all, it wouldn't be that much since Brundle came in the team 'only' five races later. What is your take on that guys?

which site is this?

#14841 Igorr

Igorr

• 222 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 23:54

Actually, this is a very valid question. It is the first time I hear(my ignorance I am sure) that he was reminded(?)from the pit several(?) times not to use the throttle under braking. It has always been a basic part of his driving style, and if he cannot do that, it explains a lot to me. It is well known that he loses time to NR during cornering. I always thought that to be contradictory. It was one of the key factors enabling him to get around the flaws of a racing car.
Very old vid, but still valid:

everyone who has raced in karts or other category, will knows that its very hard to change driving styles and be very quick at the same time. Im pretty sure Michael is better than all of us combined, but he is still a human, not a robot, so my opinion is that next year the rules will play into his hands.

#14842 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:40

which site is this?

http://en.mclarenf-1...=results&gp=851
http://en.mclarenf-1.com/

#14843 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:02

My take is that it makes no sense. Why put all your eggs in a a thoroughly unproven basket? Michael had certainly looked promising at the back end of '91, but not at an unprecedented level, so I don't see the logic in unprecedented treatment. Seems far more likely to me that what preferential treatment he got over the years was a result of his performances, not the other way round.

#14844 as65p

as65p

• 17,211 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:42

My take is that it makes no sense. Why put all your eggs in a a thoroughly unproven basket? Michael had certainly looked promising at the back end of '91, but not at an unprecedented level, so I don't see the logic in unprecedented treatment. Seems far more likely to me that what preferential treatment he got over the years was a result of his performances, not the other way round.

I'd agree, in 1992 he was treated pretty equal to Brundle... to the extent that it even showed. There was little between the two in race pace, with just a little more luck Brundle could have walked away from that season with two wins in Canada and Spa (at the expense of Schumacher). He was always a pretty sh*t qualifier, though.

#14845 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 16:22

I'd agree, in 1992 he was treated pretty equal to Brundle... to the extent that it even showed. There was little between the two in race pace, with just a little more luck Brundle could have walked away from that season with two wins in Canada and Spa (at the expense of Schumacher). He was always a pretty sh*t qualifier, though.

Indeed, I liked Brundle, maybe the driver who would be the number one (as in driving skills) on a "unlucky driver career" list. Included in that lack of luck was having Briatore for a boss who obviously didn't gel with him.

How he never won a GP is one of those bizzare parts of F1 history and on track in equal cars is the only true teammate match to MS.

#14846 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,505 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 19:45

Then he stepped into one of the shittiest cars mclaren ever made with Hakkinnen as a team mate.

#14847 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 14:13

Schumacher believes Buddh circuit could help Mercedes enjoy stronger weekend
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/95693
I also think they have best chance here of all three races left. Fingers crossed.

#14848 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 18:38

schumi interview on indian channel

#14849 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 20:28

Michael Schumacher & Ralf Schumacher in the making of the SLS AMG Roadster Photo Shoot.

Michael atleast to me actually looks younger than Ralf in this video!

Some Michael Schumacher interviews with Indian news channels.

Edited by merschu, 27 October 2011 - 20:40.

#14850 as65p

as65p

• 17,211 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 23:33

Indeed, I liked Brundle, maybe the driver who would be the number one (as in driving skills) on a "unlucky driver career" list. Included in that lack of luck was having Briatore for a boss who obviously didn't gel with him.

How he never won a GP is one of those bizzare parts of F1 history and on track in equal cars is the only true teammate match to MS.

I'd like to agree with you, but as you were so sensitive to that last time, I don't really dare... :smoking: