Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#14901 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:43

then why is it considered pathetic that he's stating the obvious? :confused:

why should the driver who's faster over a distance of 4-7 km rated faster than the one who's usually faster over a 300 km distance?

Advertisement

#14902 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

No unused set left if you ask me.

#14903 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Disappointing Qualifying, but I'm almost certain negativity seems to swirl around this thread at the slight hint of disappointment. 12th isn't a disaster, points are still possible.

WOW points :love:

#14904 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,222 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:44

WOW points :love:

Be realistic.

#14905 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:48

Terrible session. Again vibrations. Still cant help but think someone in Mercedes does not want Schumacher to do well. He is better off out of that team.

So you want to see his second and final retirement?

#14906 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:50

So you want to see his second and final retirement?

It would be a shame to see him go and my intreast in f1 will probs weaken, but yea why not. I dont think it will get any better. Not with Mercedes and there is no room in any other team.

Edited by Massa_f1, 29 October 2011 - 09:51.

#14907 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:54

All I want is a race to the end where he can challenge Rosberg. We've been saying many times that he can take it to Rosberg in the race, pace has generally shown it's possible, but actual on track situations have never allowed it.

When he was close in Valencia, he had a Petrov incident, when he was close at Nurburgring, he made an error, the same in Hungary and in Singapore, and in Korea another Petrov incident. Sure, the stupid, disadvantageous pit-stops in Valencia, Hungary and Singapore played their part, but you can't ignore them and you need to "drive" around them.

The only clean race where he got next to Rosberg that I can recall was Spa, and he managed to end up in front there.

#14908 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:07

Be realistic.

Be OPTIMISTIC! This is a 7 time world champion and you guys are talking about points? Oh c'mon, if he is driving for points, then he should go home and retire.

#14909 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,110 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:44

Hoping for a good start and some good overtaking moves. Dont expect anything more than 6th or 7th. Hoping both cars actually finish for once.

#14910 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,433 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:45

What are the bbc (EJ) even on about Schmacher taking flack from everyone all weekend? including usual suspect Jackie Stewart. Also Hamilton saying he got held up by Schmacher was pathetic.

Eddie was pointing at:

http://www.mid-day.c...kie-Stewart.htm

Whatever Hamilton was on, I don't know, that was utterly rubbish. And I think it actually was MSC, not NR. 99% sure.

#14911 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:54

This is piece of trash you get when everyone gets to write for a paper these days. "Proof" that Steward is spot-on about his blabbing is in result where Schumacher finished - 21st? Get of you high white horse, will you? Schumacher had problem with the car and that has f*** off to do with his ability to drive in F1, but that of course will not stop you to continue decades long journey of denigration of this German driver. I think this go beyond normal criticism, and we are witnessing not so well hidden racism.

#14912 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:59

Oh come on... not this racism BS again.
Has the team explained the vibration issues yet? Any statement on that?

#14913 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,433 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:11

This is piece of trash you get when everyone gets to write for a paper these days. "Proof" that Steward is spot-on about his blabbing is in result where Schumacher finished - 21st? Get of you high white horse, will you? Schumacher had problem with the car and that has f*** off to do with his ability to drive in F1, but that of course will not stop you to continue decades long journey of denigration of this German driver. I think this go beyond normal criticism, and we are witnessing not so well hidden racism.

Especially the final lines in that 'article' are ridiculous, the writer should be ashamed of himself. I can see and respect Stewarts opinion on this one, except I don't agree with Rosberg mainly having the upperhand in races. Too bad things don't come together for Schumacher, although this qualifying session (Q1 AND Q2) were messy to say the least. The gap in Q1 showed it already, I thought he was 0,3-0,35s behind? On this track he's running on the skin of his teeth if you ask me, the confidence he had in FP1 seems to be gone with the weekend progressing. He still seems to become quite easily at ease at a new track but he isn't getting out the maximum of it, Rosberg ultimately gains more time. The amount of bad luck of Schumacher is extraordinarily, almost suspiciously bad. While I'm sure he can be right on Rosbergs pace over one lap at certain circuits, he too often considers defeat within himself in qualifying and focusses on sunday, that's the impression at least. His main strength is start and race but these situations... it's not helping.

While I know from interviews he sees critics as jealous people, at least in the past, I know too that he's one of the drivers who can be unphased by such things for a (really) very long time. Probably the only way for Schumacher to redeem himself from this situation is to get a car which is fast enough to escape from the 'driving barricades' behind and then focus on the race to beat the rest. I really don't think he will be able to handle that problem consistently over one season because he simply has more off-days on his old day. He can't consistently rely on a very good machine and purely on his talent anymore to get around that problem. If Mercedes doesn't, he will championship-wise end up hurt too many times, because of his own and others racey attitude as we have seen this season. It's a trend: not totally on the ball in qualifying, good start, Rosberg still ahead, early pitstop, fall back a bit, heavy duty combat, crash/glorious comeback, gain on Rosberg. This, with only exceptional circumstances or bad luck in the race kicking in to influence the standings in the WDC. Guess his talents still aren't diminishing very quickly because he still drives karts and is determined to succeed but I really hope for him he can hold out long enough to not get into trouble in that area too.

Edited by Jejking, 29 October 2011 - 11:16.

#14914 DS27

DS27

• 1,092 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:12

No doubt Stewart and DC enjoy cosy evening's together finding new ways to slag off MS.

You would think Stewart had better things to do with his life than bang on about the same sh it

#14915 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,222 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:30

Be OPTIMISTIC! This is a 7 time world champion and you guys are talking about points? Oh c'mon, if he is driving for points, then he should go home and retire.

The Mercedes isn't capable of a podium, if you keep being too optimistic, well I'm afraid you're going to be letting yourself in for disappointment.

#14916 topical

topical

• 2,167 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:06

Terrible session. Again vibrations. Still cant help but think someone in Mercedes does not want Schumacher to do well. He is better off out of that team.

The excuses get more and more desperate :lol:

#14917 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:09

I agree but he may be refering to gathering as many points for Benz as he can, thats part of his job.

Eddie was pointing at:

Awesome...

Jackie Stewart says; "I'm sure he can make it to the podium, but even that will not happen this year""

... I didn't think MS would get a podium this year but now it's odds on! Thanks JYS!! :lol:

Such high quality reporting, basing Stewart's 'facts' on first days practice ...

Proof of Stewart's remarks being spot-on came towards the end of the day, as Schumacher finished the second practice in a hapless 21st position (1:31.804) a good 6.098 seconds off Ferrari's Felipe Massa, who was quickest on the day.

... based on their disorted views, I say that MS's jump from 21st to 10th on the grid must be one of F1's biggest overnight improvements in it's entire history :lol:

Edited by cheapracer, 29 October 2011 - 12:11.

#14918 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:14

Again vibrations? If you know that this is an excuse, perhaps you can explain how do you know it. NK has received penalty for impeding Schumacher during quali. That's the fact. What do you have? (He also hit the kerbs and damaged floor -> affected downforce).

Edited by Sakae, 29 October 2011 - 12:18.

#14919 faaaz

faaaz

• 1,870 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:16

I do agree with him in regards to the field being "one of the best" he has seen. Personally I think its not as good as the mid to late 80s, but much better than the 90s or early 00s.

Advertisement

#14920 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:29

Oh please, why don't you grow up? 'Hidden racism'......what a load of horse manure. The man is a 3 times WDC and has more insight than any of you armchair enthusiasts. Every time ANYONE voices an opinion about MS you all jump about thrashing around like kids who've had their toys taken away from them.

#14921 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:33

Again vibrations? If you know that this is an excuse, perhaps you can explain how do you know it. NK has received penalty for impeding Schumacher during quali. That's the fact. What do you have? (He also hit the kerbs and damaged floor -> affected downforce).

I did not say it was an excuse. I am just saying it was a vibration issue again as Micheal has said in all interviews. Its funny how the team cant get to the bottom of it.

#14922 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:58

The Mercedes isn't capable of a podium, if you keep being too optimistic, well I'm afraid you're going to be letting yourself in for disappointment.

I'm not aiming on podium. In this season all I want is constantly finishing ahead of Nico and Massa(because he has the pace to do that). So 6th place if nobody goes out of the race of the top 3 teams.

#14923 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 13:25

I did not say it was an excuse. I am just saying it was a vibration issue again as Micheal has said in all interviews. Its funny how the team cant get to the bottom of it.

The team is still using a car that ultimately isn't the best out there, or top 3, there's been slow movement in getting new people onboard, Rosberg has fine tuned his weekends to maximise on qualifying, Schuey the other way around, and in terms of this year, at least DRS/KERS issue has been less. But Schumacher today expected to be closer in qualifying, given the nature of this year and past 2 years, it''s not surprising, but were not expecting giant leaps from the team for the last races, the next car will hopefully and it must be good enough to be predictable throughout the whole weekend/flexiable for all sessions, even ferrari have had trouble with this, Mclaren are close, redbull have served up a golden goose. The Ferrari Schumacher was apart of, didn't fire on all cylnders straight away, and didn't have the competition were seeing now, so it's going to take longer then expected, and Schumacher knows that, although sooner is better then later, he's more patient then people give him credit for. He expected more from this team/car this year, but whining about it isn't going to improve things, you can see in his quotes in the last races, things are pushing ahead, but all these gp weekends are still tried to the work carried out last winter, that's the source, a new weewkend won't change life for these people in the way fans would want, redbull have been pushing the employees rule, that can't go on for longer, there are alot of positive things to come, but no doubt it's going to take longer then expected.

Edited by SeanValen, 29 October 2011 - 13:31.

#14924 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 14:09

Top 3 teams will be way ahead, Massa couldn't improve because he destroy the car. Button slow down because of Massa according to MW and still get 1:24.9! So, tomorrow the start will be important and there will be battle for 7th. STR and FI have good pace too.

Edited by ivand911, 29 October 2011 - 14:13.

#14925 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 14:41

Another race Schumi couldn't reach q3! Trouble with tyres? :drunk:

#14926 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 14:46

Out of interest, it's probably been said in other threads but hey ho, what happens to Massa? Is he allowed to have his car repaired and start from wherever it is he qualified or does he have to start from the pitlane?

#14927 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 15:01

Out of interest, it's probably been said in other threads but hey ho, what happens to Massa? Is he allowed to have his car repaired and start from wherever it is he qualified or does he have to start from the pitlane?

Yes they will repair the car and he will start 6th.

#14928 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 15:46

Another race Schumi couldn't reach q3! Trouble with tyres? :drunk:

wether it was tyres or not he needs to stop listening to whoever is telling him not to go out and stay out setting times...

most other top teams were out on hard tyres doing 5+ laps where as merc do the usual BS set a time , go back in the garage come out with barely any time to set a lap and expect a miracle.

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realise a severly dusty track is going to get faster and faster and faster and faster everytime someone goes around

#14929 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 16:01

http://www.motorspor...a_11102950.html

Ross Brawn:

"We have a test rig to test the tyres, unfortunately we don't have it here with us."

"This could be a major problem in the race. We got to make sure that the tyres are okay tomorrow."

Edited by Spa95, 29 October 2011 - 16:01.

#14930 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 16:19

Top 3 teams will be way ahead, Massa couldn't improve because he destroy the car. Button slow down because of Massa according to MW and still get 1:24.9! So, tomorrow the start will be important and there will be battle for 7th. STR and FI have good pace too.

I am expecting better pace in the race tomorrow. They said that they are better in race than in qualy...

#14931 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 16:40

Whats up with this vibration thing again.... does someone keep droping a vibrator in MS tires?

#14932 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 16:45

OK, they don't have this rig to test the balance of the tyres. I hope they will now check it with Pirelli to see if they are balanced right? You can cause vibration very easily, just take the weight sticker from the right place and put it on different place. And tyres will vibrate on the car. Also new tyres don't give you more grip according to the article. They just last longer.

Edited by ivand911, 29 October 2011 - 16:50.

#14933 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:12

Oh please, why don't you grow up? 'Hidden racism'......what a load of horse manure. The man is a 3 times WDC and has more insight than any of you armchair enthusiasts. Every time ANYONE voices an opinion about MS you all jump about thrashing around like kids who've had their toys taken away from them.

Yep a 3 times WDC, now with the insight thing, care to point me to a quote of respect from a 3 times WDC to a 7 times WDC?

There is no such quote to find, Stewart is a biased prick who, like Moss, has never let up on Schumacher since Adelaide '94 (which is ridiculous considering Damon himself has gotten past it) and and no other way in life to get the attention he so desperately seeks and a sad thing to see for one of the greatest drivers ever and IMO the greatest British driver ever.

Compare his recent comments on Schumacher and then on Hamilton to see the glaring difference.

#14934 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:31

OK, they don't have this rig to test the balance of the tyres. I hope they will now check it with Pirelli to see if they are balanced right? You can cause vibration very easily, just take the weight sticker from the right place and put it on different place. And tyres will vibrate on the car. Also new tyres don't give you more grip according to the article. They just last longer.

Well that's quite obviously not true. I'm not saying it didn't say that I'm saying they're wrong if it does.

#14935 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:39

But I am all grown up; article, Stewart' comments are unjust, uncalled for, and indefensible.

Edited by Sakae, 29 October 2011 - 17:42.

#14936 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,110 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:49

Yep a 3 times WDC, now with the insight thing, care to point me to a quote of respect from a 3 times WDC to a 7 times WDC?

There is no such quote to find, Stewart is a biased prick who, like Moss, has never let up on Schumacher since Adelaide '94 (which is ridiculous considering Damon himself has gotten past it) and and no other way in life to get the attention he so desperately seeks and a sad thing to see for one of the greatest drivers ever and IMO the greatest British driver ever.

Compare his recent comments on Schumacher and then on Hamilton to see the glaring difference.

There is an agenda with Schumacher on Stewart's part. Hamilton gets a free pass while Schumacher bears the brunt of criticism.

Perhaps Schumacher kicked so much ass for so long that the majority of the F1 paddock is still hurting.

#14937 Ragingjamaican

Ragingjamaican

• 654 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:51

It's well known that Stewart doesn't like Senna or Schumacher, and doesn't rank either of the two in his list of top 5 world drivers.

#14938 sharo

sharo

• 1,790 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:56

There is an agenda with Schumacher on Stewart's part. Hamilton gets a free pass while Schumacher bears the brunt of criticism.

Perhaps Schumacher kicked so much ass for so long that the majority of the F1 paddock is still hurting.

I'm sure Schumacher lost his sleep because of that. :p
But it's nuisance and I'm wondering wasn't Mosley right after all a couple of years ago. :confused:

#14939 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:59

And Schumacher is back, they know he's fast again, and can potenitally go for more.

I remember Jackie Stewart saying back in 2002/2003/2004, when Michael was winning alot, "you should not be too greedy." I like Stewart alot for what he did and does for driver safety when he speaks about safety, but I think there has to be some kind of envy for these guys, otherwise why give advice to someone like Michael who knows what he enjoys in life, likes a challlenge, enjoys the sport, why give advice when to retire, sooner or later, you become the guy who is known for telling people to quit what they enjoy, it's quite pathetic really. Usually the guy giving advice-Couthard-Stewart-Brundle, weren't as ruthless on track as they are giving speeches, a different type of ruthlessness then Senna and Schumacher, they didn't want to win as hard, or didn't know how compared to Fanio/Clark in Stewarts case, or in DC's case Schumacher/Brundle Schumacher, so the airwaves/media becomes the racetrack that the actual tracks never could be for them in the way Senna and Schuey took to dedicating themselfs to win.

I wonder had Senna lived, and raced on and on, would he be spoken about differently, especially if guys like Nelson Piquet, Jackie Stewart started to commentate about him on BBC, a what if world surely.

"I'm surprised at you stewart, you of all people shouldl know what it means to be a racing driver, if you no longer go for a gap, you no longer a raciing driver." That press conference with Ayrton and Jackie was telling.

Edited by SeanValen, 29 October 2011 - 18:43.

Advertisement

#14940 AirWebber

AirWebber

• 292 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 18:17

Schumacher was running "Pirleli" tires :lol:

#14941 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 18:35

Yep............ Stewart, Lauda, Montoya, Alonso, Prost, Mansell, Barrichello, Hill, Herbert, Moss, Brundle, Coulthard, Villeneuve, Jock Clear, Roebuck, All Of The BBC, all bashers.

Or

Some Schumacher fans are just really bad at handling critisism like an adult.

#14942 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,706 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 18:52

Yep............ Stewart, Lauda, Montoya, Alonso, Prost, Mansell, Barrichello, Hill, Herbert, Moss, Brundle, Coulthard, Villeneuve, Jock Clear, Roebuck, All Of The BBC, all bashers.

Or

Oh, c'mon, Sir Jackie is a giant prick, he is when he is right, and he still is when he is wrong, who the hell cares a what he says?? It is quite clear MS has problems, but Stewart? Meh.

Edited by Szoelloe, 29 October 2011 - 18:52.

#14943 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 19:16

Oh, c'mon, Sir Jackie is a giant prick, he is when he is right, and he still is when he is wrong, who the hell cares a what he says?? It is quite clear MS has problems, but Stewart? Meh.

Not me.
I just want MS to finish the race for once. Would be nice change.

#14944 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 19:25

Or

I could not have said it any better. Some of the MS club take it way too personally.

#14945 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 19:28

Oh he is is he? Ever seen him race? Ever talked to the man? He's a prick because he pissed in your cheerios about MS? GTFU....

#14946 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 19:36

He's a biased prick desperately seeking attention? Are you for real? Seriously, how old are you, 12? He says something critical about MS and you all go off the deep end. So what if Stewart doesnt respect him, maybe he does maybe he does'nt, I havent had a chance to ask him.....

#14947 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 19:53

Do you think we care what old Stewart said? We don't. I don't even see why someone will put link here to his opinions? It is not the question if he respect MS or not. Only question is, if MS respect him? Only valuable question. Only MS is important , he is the only one 7WDC, the last time I check. He don't need lesser champions opinions, or not champions. They give their opinion only to get paid. Poor them. MS can give them 100000 euros each to make them shut up. Because nobody is interested of them, they have to talk about other people. Or how they will get under the spotlight? Lets we talk about Schumacher and people will remember us!! This is how they think.

Edited by ivand911, 29 October 2011 - 20:15.

#14948 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 20:03

lauda and stewart ar ethe biggest dicks around F1.

people only take them seriously when they are bashing someone you dont like

#14949 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 20:26

In life you have two types of people, you have tw*ts and then you have non-tw*ts. One tw*t is Lewis Hamilton, having a whinge in Quali for Schumacher apparently impeding him :lol: Another is Herbert, another is Rubens, another is Jacques, there is also Coulthard, Brundle, Montoya & even Damon depending on whether on the day he's still able to differentiate between bitterness and just sheer stupidity. The link between them all? Work it out for yourself.

Moss has taken it upon himself to be the champion of everything British and anything done to hurt his little children should be burnt at the stake.

Edited by DutchCruijff, 29 October 2011 - 20:27.

#14950 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 20:57

Do you think we care what old Stewart said? We don't. I don't even see why someone will put link here to his opinions? It is not the question if he respect MS or not. Only question is, if MS respect him? Only valuable question. Only MS is important , he is the only one 7WDC, the last time I check. He don't need lesser champions opinions, or not champions. They give their opinion only to get paid. Poor them. MS can give them 100000 euros each to make them shut up. Because nobody is interested of them, they have to talk about other people. Or how they will get under the spotlight? Lets we talk about Schumacher and people will remember us!! This is how they think.

Whaaaat?......only MS is important.... :rotfl: .......jawohl!