Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#101 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:02

I am more interested of MGP team reactions about Michael eating in Ferrari? Because this is not good motivation for team staff that Michael doesn't share their food, or if he eat his special driver food, but to be there with them. Or the people who are responsible for the food in MGP seeing their star driver eating somewhere else? Ferrari have super cook? I am sure MGP can provide to Michael every food he wants. Now situation is like you eat your junk food, I am going to eat with Ferrari? Not motivating for the team. Why he don't have personal cook, to make pasta for him every time? I don't believe MGP is giving him sandwiches only, or wurst. He have special diet. Where Rozberg eat? Don't care what Alonso think.

oh yes! i totally agree could you imagine if coleen schumacher made him a pack lunch! the whole mclaren team would probably grab burning pitch forks and chase him out of the garage

Advertisement

#102 Levike

Levike

• 1,036 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:05

I think after 5 WDC Schumacher has the right to hanging with his mates. Maybe it seems weird but after all the years they were with eachother it's pretty normal.

#103 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,587 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:16

Let's not overreact it.

AFAIK it's pretty much common to every driver and team member to have friends at other teams and share a chat, a drink or meal with them sometimes - even at HOSTILE hospitalities, OMG...

MSC seeing guys at a team he worked for 10+ years, OMG, traitor.

Sometimes I'm missing the "Hungary 1998 revisited" or the "Who was better, Brawn or Schumacher" threads...

I've only seen pictures of him sitting alone...

#104 DrF

DrF

• 1,429 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:26

My first session was a bit handicapped by red flags,

they didn't seem to bother him too much

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8588587.stm

As for Alonso being miffed about MS in the Ferrari area... imagine how much fun he'd have had if he'd joined Ferrari in 2007, instead of Kimi!

#105 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:58

I've only seen pictures of him sitting alone...

Here see this pictures:

http://i44.tinypic.com/nzq1c2.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2v0o3z7.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2yx0sao.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/34nmw0n.jpg

#106 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,198 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:59

This has already been briefly mentioned in another topic but more information has come to hand on it.

With the photos of Michael in the Ferrari hospitality area yesterday i was somewhat concerned that his pressence would not be doing Ferrari any favours and in particular i stated that it would not be good for Alonso who is trying to build a team around him. A team that needs to get past the legacy of Michael if it is going to move forwards.

Although many here stated that Michael hanging around the Ferrari area is not an issue for Alonso i thought otherwise. Some information from the paddock, televised on channel Ten has confimed that Alonso is indeed quite pissed off that Michael is hanging around Ferrari's digs. Apparently on two separate occassions, when Michael was in the Ferrari area Alonso was visibly upset about it and walked away. On a third occassion they were both standing next to each other getting a drink from the Ferrari hospitality area and neither spoke a word to one another.

The question is, do people think Michael just wants to be around Ferrari or is this him playing some mind games with Alonso?

Either way, if it is affecting Alonso, Domenicali has to grow a pair and kindly ask Michael to leave the Ferrari area. If he can't do it, i know of a bunch of a few million true Tifosi who would not blink twice in telling him.

Michael, with all due respect, there is no Ferrari supporter who does not love what you did for the team, but you have a new chapter in your life with Mercedes and so do Ferrari. Respect that and give Ferrari room to grow.

:lol: :lol: you get 1st price for... :drunk:

#107 Racer3

Racer3

• 383 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:02

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8588587.stm

"Available to UK users only" :down:
WTF??

#108 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:11

"Available to UK users only" :down:
WTF??

its content paid for by the license fee so why not?
its like sky putting content paid for by there own subscribers online for free.

its not like its new either loads of american tv channels wont even let people from the uk watch preview clips

#109 Racer3

Racer3

• 383 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:17

http://i39.tinypic.com/2v0o3z7.jpg

Thanks, Merschu!
I guess she is dreaming of former times :)
and I am dreaming of having a nice plate of spaghettis, just like the one Michael is having on this pic :D

#110 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:24

Good idea, thanks!

if your using a proxy goto bbc.co.uk/iplayer both practice sessions are on there in full :) not just crappy highlights

Edited by arknor, 26 March 2010 - 12:25.

#111 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:25

So, after two sessions we remain still in dark, because while first one was devoted to set-up, second one was semi-wet, thus comparison are nothing but guessess. I still think that Michael will end up around race P5. He is still not back in the groove. I haven't seen video, but watching his sector times, they are little jarred than he used to.

What's with the Autosport Live Timing commentary? It was first time I used them last night, but I think it was also last time. Didn't like it at all.

#112 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 13:18

Haha I remember near end of season 2006 a guy flew to the last 3 races coz he wanted to see MS race live a few times before he retired. I wonder how that guy feels now? I guess it's ok coz not like he returned to Ferrari, so it was great to see MS in the Ferrari for him I guess...

#113 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 13:29

According to James Allen Michael Schumacher had a rear suspension problem on his car today:

"Michael Schumacher did a good job this afternoon, after losing time to a rear suspension problem. He set the fourth fastest time, ahead of team-mate Nico Rosberg."

http://www.itv-f1.co...a...en&id=48048

#114 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 13:37

This has already been briefly mentioned in another topic but more information has come to hand on it.

With the photos of Michael in the Ferrari hospitality area yesterday i was somewhat concerned that his pressence would not be doing Ferrari any favours and in particular i stated that it would not be good for Alonso who is trying to build a team around him. A team that needs to get past the legacy of Michael if it is going to move forwards.

Although many here stated that Michael hanging around the Ferrari area is not an issue for Alonso i thought otherwise. Some information from the paddock, televised on channel Ten has confimed that Alonso is indeed quite pissed off that Michael is hanging around Ferrari's digs. Apparently on two separate occassions, when Michael was in the Ferrari area Alonso was visibly upset about it and walked away. On a third occassion they were both standing next to each other getting a drink from the Ferrari hospitality area and neither spoke a word to one another.

The question is, do people think Michael just wants to be around Ferrari or is this him playing some mind games with Alonso?

Either way, if it is affecting Alonso, Domenicali has to grow a pair and kindly ask Michael to leave the Ferrari area. If he can't do it, i know of a bunch of a few million true Tifosi who would not blink twice in telling him.

Michael, with all due respect, there is no Ferrari supporter who does not love what you did for the team, but you have a new chapter in your life with Mercedes and so do Ferrari. Respect that and give Ferrari room to grow.

sorry, but I have to politely disagree with you. Drivers are always hanging out in different motorhomes. It's quite common. I understand your point but if he pops in for a chat with people he's had a relationship with for years, who cares? How does that effect Massa and Alonso's driving?? It's about taking a car and getting it to go as fast as possible. I don't see how michael sitting down for a plate of pasta, or whatever, threatens that.
Does it go both ways then? Should Alonso be banished from the Renault motorhome because he might screw with Kubica's head??? I seriously doubt it. :wave:

#115 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 13:42

Haha I remember near end of season 2006 a guy flew to the last 3 races coz he wanted to see MS race live a few times before he retired. I wonder how that guy feels now? I guess it's ok coz not like he returned to Ferrari, so it was great to see MS in the Ferrari for him I guess...

Ding-time for your meds. ;)

#116 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:02

BBC pit-lane reporter Ted Kravitz on Michael Schumacher: "The team are telling me he is much happier here working with his engineer and a lot less agitated. He wasn't happy with his seat, his seating position and driving position at Bahrain and that is a lot better here."

#117 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:13

All indicators are on, that he will not embarass himself in his comeback; once he weeds out small irks, I trust he shall be competitive as much as car lets him to be. Whether he will be a serious candidate for the crown remains to be seen, but certainly he might be a thorn in side for a few guys who are collecting points in a better car. I am really happy to see progress from where they were in Bahrain.

Now the quali and a race.
Big thumbs up!

Edited by MiPe, 26 March 2010 - 16:40.

#118 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:15

Thanks, Merschu!
I guess she is dreaming of former times :)
and I am dreaming of having a nice plate of spaghettis, just like the one Michael is having on this pic :D

damn that plate looks good!

#119 Alonzo

Alonzo

• 658 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:16

Just watched some onboard with Schumi in Australia and the guy seems closer to what he was in 2006. The way he attacks the corners is getting close to how it was in 2006, therefore won't be surprised if he gives trouble to Rosberg in this quali.

Advertisement

#120 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:27

Just watched some onboard with Schumi in Australia and the guy seems closer to what he was in 2006. The way he attacks the corners is getting close to how it was in 2006, therefore won't be surprised if he gives trouble to Rosberg in this quali.

link please, it will be great to watch it

#121 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:27

BBC pit-lane reporter Ted Kravitz on Michael Schumacher: "The team are telling me he is much happier here working with his engineer and a lot less agitated. He wasn't happy with his seat, his seating position and driving position at Bahrain and that is a lot better here."

I would think seating/driving position is worth anything up to a half second for these guys.

I'm surprised they didn't get such a critical thing worked out in Winter testing, maybe MS lost more weight since then and is loose in his (fitted) seat?

#122 Alonzo

Alonzo

• 658 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:55

link please, it will be great to watch it

later I'll give you.  ;)

#123 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:57

I am speculating of course, but they implemented some changes on the body work, and perhaps from where he sits it created new, visibility related, conditions. (?)

Edited by MiPe, 26 March 2010 - 16:58.

#124 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,137 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 17:05

I think he is definately getting back into the swing of things now. He set that time in not the bestest of conditions, he fluffed it up a bit, he still had a few more laps in the tank and still managed 4th best. Obviously the small changes are a big help to him. Wonder how long it takes for him to get the upper hand over Nico.

#125 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 17:13

I think he is definately getting back into the swing of things now. He set that time in not the bestest of conditions, he fluffed it up a bit, he still had a few more laps in the tank and still managed 4th best. Obviously the small changes are a big help to him. Wonder how long it takes for him to get the upper hand over Nico.

yea he had another 4 laps of fuel acording to his pitboard and he easily lost 0.3seconds on the corner he fluffed, i think hes learned how to get the best from the tyres over one lap now and he seems much happier with the balance of the cars you could clearly see the old schumacher as he attacked the kerbs

#126 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,306 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 17:16

From the footage I saw of MS in FPs the car is still understeering quite alot, something he notoriously hates. At the penultimate turn on a couple of occasions the front washed wide and as he tried to bring the back round with the throttle the car transitioned into a slight snap oversteer he had to correct with a dab of oppo. As fun as it looked that wasn't MS at his imperious best. Im sure after a few more hours of car time and tweaking with the engineers he'll get the car properly dialled in to his liking ie throwing the nose in hard to the apex, the car going exactly where he wants it then exit on the throttle.

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 26 March 2010 - 17:18.

#127 Eff1NZ

Eff1NZ

• 119 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 17:28

its like in honour of all his years of service they gave him the golden key to the cafateria, dont why people get so worked up over it.

schumacher can hardly move without some idiot trying to make a name for themselfs with a non story

No . . . there's a fair point being raised by the ferrari fans.

This is not like the 60s and 70s when everyone is buddy-buddy (even then Stewart was already paranoid about drivers from other teams picking up tit bits of helpful information from conversations overheard). This is more like WAR . . . with the "sporting nature" taking more of a back stage. :)

The hospitality area is one where drivers/engineers could relax and maybe bring up points that come up on the spur of the moment . . . having to do with car set-up or performance. It would make one naturally nervous if someone where eavesdropping on their conversation. And especially someone obsessive like MS.

It's a legitimate beef.

#128 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 17:32

This is not like the 60s and 70s when everyone is buddy-buddy (even then Stewart was already paranoid about drivers from other teams picking up tit bits of helpful information from conversations overheard). This is more like WAR . . . with the "sporting nature" taking more of a back stage. :)

The hospitality area is one where drivers/engineers could relax and maybe bring up points that come up on the spur of the moment . . . having to do with car set-up or performance. It would make one naturally nervous if someone where eavesdropping on their conversation. And especially someone obsessive like MS.

It's a legitimate beef.

what makes you think the cafeteria is a place for engineers to have tit bits about the car??

Dude its a place were people eat...! :cat:

#129 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 18:18

It's a legitimate beef.

most of the ferrari fans are ridiculous haters hating the person that made ferrari great and gave them so much to celebrate , he leaves and they all turn on him.

i bet he gets a really poor reception from the idiots at monza.

its a cafeteria not the teams garage people are overreacting

#130 shonguiz

shonguiz

• 1,791 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 18:33

Jesus Christ, where's the gratitude in there, he only sit there the time to say hi and eat a plate of pasta and Tifosis are rising eyebrows over this ? Waouw, tell me, should he also repaint his helmet Grey ?

#131 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 18:35

From the footage I saw of MS in FPs the car is still understeering quite alot, something he notoriously hates. At the penultimate turn on a couple of occasions the front washed wide and as he tried to bring the back round with the throttle the car transitioned into a slight snap oversteer he had to correct with a dab of oppo. As fun as it looked that wasn't MS at his imperious best. Im sure after a few more hours of car time and tweaking with the engineers he'll get the car properly dialled in to his liking ie throwing the nose in hard to the apex, the car going exactly where he wants it then exit on the throttle.

This would support my (screen read off) observation from last night which was based on his irregular sector/lap times. When he gets it with metronomic precision, then we will know he is back.

#132 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,137 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 18:42

most of the ferrari fans are ridiculous haters hating the person that made ferrari great and gave them so much to celebrate , he leaves and they all turn on him.

i bet he gets a really poor reception from the idiots at monza.

its a cafeteria not the teams garage people are overreacting

I'm a Ferrari fan and I dont blame him from eating in their canteen if he prefers their food.

#133 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,278 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 18:46

Jesus Christ, where's the gratitude in there, he only sit there the time to say hi and eat a plate of pasta and Tifosis are rising eyebrows over this ? Waouw, tell me, should he also repaint his helmet Grey ?

I've been a tifoso for over 30 years. I'm not happy that Michael Schumacher doesn't drive a Ferrari anymore but it's ok. He doesn't drive for the enemy; he drives for Ross Brawn who is also a friend. Besides, if the Ferrari crew still love him and he's welcome there doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Can we move over?

#134 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,661 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:14

I've been a tifoso for over 30 years. I'm not happy that Michael Schumacher doesn't drive a Ferrari anymore but it's ok. He doesn't drive for the enemy; he drives for Ross Brawn who is also a friend. Besides, if the Ferrari crew still love him and he's welcome there doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Can we move over?

:up:

would suggest some people to read this a few times

#135 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:15

And I'd add that it is not his fault that he does not drive for Ferrari now.

#136 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:16

It's a legitimate beef.

You're a Ferrari fan? Since last year maybe!

MS is a legend for any serious Ferrari fan and this will never change.

#137 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Exactly!

#138 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

:up: :up: :up:

#139 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:20

I'm a Ferrari fan and I dont blame him from eating in their canteen if he prefers their food.

i am a ferrari fan aswell and dont care if he eats at ferrari or sh!ts in their toilet :lol:

The people who are overreacting are Paranoid Alonso fanboys.

Advertisement

#140 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:24

if he ignored all the ferrari people he worked with over the years and pretended ferrari didnt exist the tifosi would probably whine about that not really a win win situation for him

#141 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:25

Let him spend some time with Ferrari - of course. No problem. This is F1 not football.
Besides that I think Michael showed more of his old self in practice 2 which is nice. He is getting there :up:

#142 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,278 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:50

Indeed.... :(

#143 magisenna

magisenna

• 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:59

MS was a great driver and a cheat. Unfortunately - for me at least - its clear that he will struggle to win this year. The reasons are numerous. Maybe Monaco he can do something, especially if he sets a lap and then parks it at Rascasse again...

#144 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,137 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 20:03

MS was a great driver and a cheat. Unfortunately - for me at least - its clear that he will struggle to win this year. The reasons are numerous. Maybe Monaco he can do something, especially if he sets a lap and then parks it at Rascasse again...

Name me more than one. I can only think of one reason.

#145 DaleCooper

DaleCooper

• 2,512 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 20:11

Here is a nice article:

http://www.heraldsun...6-1225846154720

Cooper

#146 magisenna

magisenna

• 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 20:17

Name me more than one. I can only think of one reason.

1) He has the fastest teammate he has ever had. Also Rosberg will actually be given the chance to race Michael on level terms

2) The Mercedes has so much ground to make up in one lap and race pace, and its not just the time gap, its the amount of teams in front ( 3 at least )

3) The Guy is 40, Vettel and Hamilton have taken raw speed to new levels and I don't think he can match that anymore. Alonso also has beaten him for his titles so has no fear. Schumi used to have people beaten mentally before the start.

4) Mercedes want Vettel. People think its Rosberg's seat that would be vacated. I can assure you MS is keeping it warm for Seb not Nico. A 40 year old is not part of your future planning if you are a company like Merecedes. Michael knows this and it may affect his performance.

Edited by magisenna, 26 March 2010 - 20:18.

#147 DrF

DrF

• 1,429 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 20:24

It's a legitimate beef.

+1 he was having a damn good look at the Macca after quali in Bahrain and you can be sure his ears would be pricked and scanning for any careless talk about setups, strategy, etc. I would be nervous if an ex employee who now works for a rival firm started hanging round the canteen, I really would.

#148 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,137 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 20:30

1) He has the fastest teammate he has ever had. Also Rosberg will actually be given the chance to race Michael on level terms

2) The Mercedes has so much ground to make up in one lap and race pace, and its not just the time gap, its the amount of teams in front ( 3 at least )

3) The Guy is 40, Vettel and Hamilton have taken raw speed to new levels and I don't think he can match that anymore. Alonso also has beaten him for his titles so has no fear. Schumi used to have people beaten mentally before the start.

4) Mercedes want Vettel. People think its Rosberg's seat that would be vacated. I can assure you MS is keeping it warm for Seb not Nico. A 40 year old is not part of your future planning if you are a company like Merecedes. Michael knows this and it may affect his performance.

1) Massa was the runner up in 2008 by 1 point. So I wouldn't go as far as saying Nico is faster than Massa as they have never been in comparible cars.

2) That was the only one I could think of. Agree with you on that one, but it is possible they can catch up.

3) I dont think his age is a major factor. He'll be as fit as any of the younger drivers. I wouldn't go as far as saying Hamilton and Vettel have taken raw speed to new levels. When Alonso beat Schumacher in 2005 the Ferrari was on inferior Bridgestones which meant the car was a bit of a dog, and in 2006 Renault had an illegal part for the first half of the season, once removed Schumacher started to challenge properly.

4) Michael has a 3 year contract with Merc. A lot of teams would like Vettel. But based on the current cars, Vettel would be mad to leave Red Bull for Merc. Its Ferrari I see Vettel going to.

#149 magisenna

magisenna

• 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 20:39

1) Massa was the runner up in 2008 by 1 point. So I wouldn't go as far as saying Nico is faster than Massa as they have never been in comparible cars.

2) That was the only one I could think of. Agree with you on that one, but it is possible they can catch up.

3) I dont think his age is a major factor. He'll be as fit as any of the younger drivers. I wouldn't go as far as saying Hamilton and Vettel have taken raw speed to new levels. When Alonso beat Schumacher in 2005 the Ferrari was on inferior Bridgestones which meant the car was a bit of a dog, and in 2006 Renault had an illegal part for the first half of the season, once removed Schumacher started to challenge properly.

4) Michael has a 3 year contract with Merc. A lot of teams would like Vettel. But based on the current cars, Vettel would be mad to leave Red Bull for Merc. Its Ferrari I see Vettel going to.

1) Yes Massa is quick but at the time he partnered Michael he was not at his current level or even his 2008 level. I agree its difficult to be sure but I believe the Nico of today to be quicker than the Massa of 2006 who was quick in Bahrain and Turkey but thats about it... You didn't address the 2nd part of point 1 which is key...Mercedes will alllow Rosberg to beat him and he will get a fair deal on new parts etc etc.

2) Yup.

3) hmmm ok yes on the fitness. He doesn't look 40 either but mentally? I don't think he can still have it at the same level.

4) He does have 3 years but a) the contract is riddled with clauses and b) this is F1 - You could have 10 years on paper but you won't get 10 months in practise if you don't produce at expectation.

#150 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 20:45

your name is magic senna pot kettle black?

if you actually watched grand prix back when senna drove you would realise schumacher learned from the master