Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#14951 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,774 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:01

In life you have two types of people, you have tw*ts and then you have non-tw*ts. One tw*t is Lewis Hamilton, having a whinge in Quali for Schumacher apparently impeding him :lol: Another is Herbert, another is Rubens, another is Jacques, there is also Coulthard, Brundle, Montoya & even Damon depending on whether on the day he's still able to differentiate between bitterness and just sheer stupidity. The link between them all? Work it out for yourself.

The link between them all is me thinks, they've managed to say something offensive (in your eyes) about Herr Schumacher....

Advertisement

#14952 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,774 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:03

lauda and stewart ar ethe biggest dicks around F1.

people only take them seriously when they are bashing someone you dont like

Somewhere in there I swear there's a double negative..... :rolleyes:

#14953 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:03

Not me.
I just want MS to finish the race for once. Would be nice change.

Without any incident...

#14954 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:29

Whaaaat?......only MS is important.... :rotfl: .......jawohl!

It is his thread, so he is the only one important. You could start JS thread if you want? To discuss old guys problems.

Edited by ivand911, 29 October 2011 - 21:30.

#14955 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:53

In life you have two types of people, you have tw*ts and then you have non-tw*ts. One tw*t is Lewis Hamilton, having a whinge in Quali for Schumacher apparently impeding him :lol: Another is Herbert, another is Rubens, another is Jacques, there is also Coulthard, Brundle, Montoya & even Damon depending on whether on the day he's still able to differentiate between bitterness and just sheer stupidity. The link between them all? Work it out for yourself.

Moss has taken it upon himself to be the champion of everything British and anything done to hurt his little children should be burnt at the stake.

The link between them all is me thinks, they've managed to say something offensive (in your eyes) about Herr Schumacher....

iIt's not that they've said it, but why they've said it and who they are in the history of f1 which is their lives and the outcome of the class and integrity of these human beings, if you look at all them, they have not made as big as mark as people expected of them, stewart comes off ok because of the era he raced in, but that doesn't quite save him or Moss who has no title to his name.

All the people he menstioned have won 1 title or 0. Having Hamilton whine lately is surprising, but coming off a year where it's been his worst since he came in, it's the important time not to blame other people, and he has, and he hasn't tasted success since 2007, in your young life, 3-4 years has a effect, and he won it after Schumacher retired, while Schumacher's responsible partly for how drivers like Vettel have made it big, so even though Schumi isn't winning, he's winning with his legacy baring fruit into this era, and he's come back anyway, if that wasn't enough to race, and race he has against Hamilton and looked good such as Monza.

Montoya once he realised he wasn't as good as Michael, Kimi, Hakkinen etc, he started to make sure he had racing moments with Schumi, first corner clashes, because these moments would be talked about more then his actual success, and now Montoya's out, and his success mostly was some poles, some gp wins, but mostly of all, his moments with MS. Brundle ultimately was a good teamate to MS, he was a very good driver, but he still lost out to MS, and never got opportunities to further himself in F1, and has admitted he wasn'tfufillled, Johnny Herbert was never the driver he could of been because of his accident back in the late 80s, potentially could of been a top dog from expert's opinions, so for him to race with MS, clearly talented, and overall lose, and see MS rise and become a legend after Senna, there's gotta be some bitterness left there, not that he's got a beef there, because I do think he realses how great MS is, but it's his situation of not having his legs he had before the accident, and he has admitted so, that he would of been as good as Schumi if he had his legs intact.

Couthard, Rubens and Irvine all believed at some point they were as good as anyone, I don't blame them, you need belief, but all of them over time admitted Michael's talents, but during Michael's first career it wasn't as plane to see, when Michael broke his leg at Silverstone 1999, Irvine years latter "admitted it was the greatest day of his life."

Damon Hill has spoken quite complementary of MS in recent years, he admitted he was lucky MS went to ferrari so he could win at williams, he clapped MS in one of those races in 95, put away his own misfortune at Spa 95 to complement MS's drive from the back.

And stewart, I think apart of him must feel a bit envious of the era MS raced in and races in now, it's more safe and less likely for driver deaths, most likely one of the reason Jackie quit f1, so when Michael was winning title after title, Stewart said "you shouldn't be too greedy,", which I interpret as "your lucky you didn't race in my era", which frankly isn't Schuey's fault, Hakkinen's, Vettels etc, but maybe because it was MS who surpassed Fangio first, it got to Stewart and Moss first.

Edited by SeanValen, 29 October 2011 - 21:59.

#14956 holiday

holiday

• 3,470 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:56

The quality of the discussion has been deteriorating greatly here lately - from both sides. :down:

#14957 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 22:07

The quality of the discussion has been deteriorating greatly here lately - from both sides. :down:

I've seen the quality go up and down over the last 10 years here, I've been visiting since 2001, across many threads and topics. When MS does well there is no debate, just quiet pin drops like a town before zombies come to life, when MS doesn't do well, or one bad day or session, you got alot of mess because he's the best or trying to be the best again. Business as usual, that's how it's always been on atlas f1, for better or worst, it's always been entertainment and great forumers from all sides who never give up the fight until the last lap just like MS himself. :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

:up:

Edited by SeanValen, 29 October 2011 - 22:10.

#14958 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,774 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 22:21

It is his thread, so he is the only one important. You could start JS thread if you want? To discuss old guys problems.

Oh, only in this thread.....:rolleyes: ....maybe you should have been more specific.....we do have a forum for the 'old guys' as it were. It's called TNF, but funnily enough I rarely see that any of you comment there.

#14959 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,774 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 22:30

iIt's not that they've said it, but why they've said it and who they are in the history of f1 which is their lives and the outcome of the class and integrity of these human beings, if you look at all them, they have not made as big as mark as people expected of them, stewart comes off ok because of the era he raced in, but that doesn't quite save him or Moss who has no title to his name.
And stewart, I think apart of him must feel a bit envious of the era MS raced in and races in now, it's more safe and less likely for driver deaths, most likely one of the reason Jackie quit f1, so when Michael was winning title after title, Stewart said "you shouldn't be too greedy,", which I interpret as "your lucky you didn't race in my era", which frankly isn't Schuey's fault, Hakkinen's, Vettels etc, but maybe because it was MS who surpassed Fangio first, it got to Stewart and Moss first.

I always get a chuckle when people say Moss wasn't much because he never won a WDC. It sums up for me the ignorance of the sport and its history that some people have. I don't think Stewart is envious of Schumacher in the least little bit, but if that helps you rationalize his comments, then go for it. And I can't really make sense out of your last sentence, are you implying that Stewart and Moss are envious of Schumacher because he surpassed Fangio and not them?

Advertisement

#14960 hero

hero

• 99 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 22:39

Another embaressing day for Michael. Mercedes need to step in and repleace him with a quality driver. They have already tolerated Schumachers drastic lack of speed for two seasons, and enough is enough. Im actually surprised Michael has not had the sense to give up. Years ago he used to say, the moment someone quicker than him showed up, he would rather retire than risk himself pushing trying to keep up, yet hes been doing that for 2 seasons. Its not like the gap has been a 1 tenth, its closer to half a second, and thats what you expect from second class pay drivers, who last half a season.

#14961 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,633 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 22:49

Oh he is is he? Ever seen him race? Ever talked to the man? He's a prick because he pissed in your cheerios about MS? GTFU....

He is. Brilliant driver, decent guy, as far as I know. But poor soul has the brains of a fistful of flies. And simply can"t keep his mouth shut. And no, not because of MS. As I said, I couldn't care less. I am not the one pissed off. I hadn't even read what he said. :)

#14962 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 22:54

Whaaaat?......only MS is important.... :rotfl: .......jawohl!

MS gave more exposure to Mercedes in India already, than Steward has with his rambling. From where I sit, it's a good job for one weekend.

#14963 AirWebber

AirWebber

• 292 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 23:04

I've seen the quality go up and down over the last 10 years here, I've been visiting since 2001, across many threads and topics. When MS does well there is no debate, just quiet pin drops like a town before zombies come to life, when MS doesn't do well, or one bad day or session, you got alot of mess because he's the best or trying to be the best again. Business as usual, that's how it's always been on atlas f1, for better or worst, it's always been entertainment and great forumers from all sides who never give up the fight until the last lap just like MS himself. :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

You were advised along all those years that MS wouldn't look brilliant without TC and fuel catch tanks  ;)

#14964 as65p

as65p

• 17,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 23:10

:up:

I'm always surprised how people act as if that behaviour would be somehow remarkable (not only in MS' case). So he gets flak when he perfoms badly. Shocker! What do you want, people critizising him when he excels? :drunk:

#14965 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,774 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 23:25

MS gave more exposure to Mercedes in India already, than Steward has with his rambling. From where I sit, it's a good job for one weekend.

Hmmmm, Michael Schumacher, as a Mercedes driver has gven more exposure to Mercedes in India this weekend.......well, ok.....but uhmmmm, what does that have to do with anything?

#14966 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 710 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 23:26

I've been thinking and wondering if Mercedes are just using Michael as a "pay driver" as such. I wonder this because he obviously brings a massive amount of sponsorship to the team and as the team know their car is not competitive enough to challenge for titles they are more than happy to use the money to build the team and let Michael get ordinary/solid results because at the moment an extraordinary driver would not benefit them. Thoughts?

Edited by Schumacher7, 29 October 2011 - 23:27.

#14967 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 23:44

I've been thinking and wondering if Mercedes are just using Michael as a "pay driver" as such. I wonder this because he obviously brings a massive amount of sponsorship to the team and as the team know their car is not competitive enough to challenge for titles they are more than happy to use the money to build the team and let Michael get ordinary/solid results because at the moment an extraordinary driver would not benefit them. Thoughts?

Sponsorship just doesn't make the mercedes budget get any bigger, there is a budget cap.

Ordinary and solid results is not what they were expecting after winter testing, but because they've settled into 4th team mode, doesn't mean they are going to whine about it, put your heads, work hard and move forward, as long as that's happening, with recent appointments, things are looking up.

Michael's race pace is showing whats possible, it's important he came in when he did to learn the sport, learn the team, help the team, and be ready when things pick up for race wins, now it's taken longer then expected, but that's the challenge, its not ideal, but why whine about your job because a result is a long term rather then short term reality,, professionals deal with it differently.

Before Ferrari, there was Mercedes, alot of people probabley think ferrari was the end and all for MS, so for him to come back, there's unfinished business, and he's been on pace this year, in a unigue situation as a retired driver returning, it's not a a common thing amongst f1 teams in the last decade into this one, MS is the exception, he's the only one doing it, there's no comparison right now.

Making progress in this era if you don't start well is very hard, the car must be born well. Right now Newey has scored two seasons of hits, and Vettel is noa pay sriver as much as MS, there's alot of drivers who would get results sat in a redbull, and there's alot of drivers who won't get results in that mercedes, infact alot of drivers who could end up looking worser off then MS and Rosberg at Mercedes in rhis years car.

Another part in this is that, MS enjoys help building up a team, rather then coming into something already up and running, he's used to the process, especially in ferrari's early days.

I'm always surprised how people act as if that behaviour would be somehow remarkable (not only in MS' case). So he gets flak when he perfoms badly. Shocker! What do you want, people critizising him when he excels? :drunk:

People crticise him when he wins and loses, he's box office, it's why he's popular, I'm stating a fact, and your reply just proves it again, thanks. :D :wave:

Edited by SeanValen, 30 October 2011 - 00:20.

#14968 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 00:04

You were advised along all those years that MS wouldn't look brilliant without TC and fuel catch tanks ;)

that's why he beaten Senna?

#14969 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 00:56

that's why he beaten Senna?

dont forget senna could hear the traction control even though noone else could and the tv cameras captured the wheel spin starts and we all saw the car sliding around :rotfl:

#14970 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,238 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:22

dont forget senna could hear the traction control even though noone else could and the tv cameras captured the wheel spin starts and we all saw the car sliding around :rotfl:

Is that why Senna spun while fighting Schumacher in Interlagos for the win?

#14971 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 730 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:50

Yeah, Senna had Steve Austin's bionic ear lol

#14972 holiday

holiday

• 3,470 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:54

Is that why Senna spun while fighting Schumacher in Interlagos for the win?

Senna also lost his car at Imola, according to his team-mate Hill and others (the fatal outcome was the result of freakish bad luck).

#14973 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:07

Maybe I missed the race? Did the weekend finish? As I said it is team sport. You don't need to lose tyre to see that something is wrong. Car is 70-80% responsible. I hope they improve something from yesterday. 11th is not the end of the world, never was if you fight for 7th in best case. Did they test something in FPs?

#14974 as65p

as65p

• 17,154 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:55

People crticise him when he wins and loses, he's box office, it's why he's popular, I'm stating a fact, and your reply just proves it again, thanks. :D :wave:

Oh, I wasn't even aware that I critizised him, somehow our definitions of that must be very different. Which could explain a few things.... :p

#14975 as65p

as65p

• 17,154 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:58

Senna also lost his car at Imola, according to his team-mate Hill and others (the fatal outcome was the result of freakish bad luck).

Yeah, according to Hill and a few others whose main objective was to save Williams from the wrath of italian law. Which was a noble cause, but the idea itself remains still waht it always was: BS.

#14976 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,148 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:23

f1enigma
Brawn to Bild : Its easy to talk with Michael about a new contract. If he wants to carry on racing we will find a solution quickly
2 minutes ago

#14977 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:45

Live coverage at BBC already started and michael also had an interview with those 3 idiots. There was a talk about Michael as ambassador of MGP -.-

#14978 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:48

Live coverage at BBC already started and michael also had an interview with those 3 idiots. There was a talk about Michael as ambassador of MGP -.-

they meant of formula one :rotfl:

hes the most succesful and the driver everyone talks about when f1 goes to a new country because most people have atleast heard his name before

#14979 Igorr

Igorr

• 222 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:56

the three stooges haha

Advertisement

#14980 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:12

Yep............ Stewart, Lauda, Montoya, Alonso, Prost, Mansell, Barrichello, Hill, Herbert, Moss, Brundle, Coulthard, Villeneuve, Jock Clear, Roebuck, All Of The BBC, all bashers.

Not at all, most of your list, while some erring on the side of being a bit pro-British, are actually 'all's fair when fair" guys - from every one of them I can quote decent things said about MS with the exception of Stewart and Moss who are just sad old mouth pieces desperate to be heard.

#14981 Sof1

Sof1

• 596 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:56

Bad lap times from MSC.

Edited by Sof1, 30 October 2011 - 09:56.

#14982 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:01

Why MS doesn't pit 1 lap after Jaime?

#14983 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,609 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:04

Pace from Schumi sucks today.

#14984 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:14

Pace from Schumi sucks today.

maybe rosbergs in fuel saving already

#14985 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:15

Rosberg burned up his fuel and tyres early again. :up:

#14986 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:16

Rosberg burned up his fuel and tyres early again. :up:

someone read the schumacher thread out over the team radio !

#14987 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,928 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:27

Can anyone keep me updated please?

BBC online streaming coverage absolutely SUCKS today.

#14988 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:29

Can anyone keep me updated please?

BBC online streaming coverage absolutely SUCKS today.

http://www.formula1....ive_timing.html
look there shows race position , laptimes , sector times etc and updates as they go past a sector

schumachers 6th 2.8seconds behind nico and just did a few laps around half a second faster than nico

Edited by arknor, 30 October 2011 - 10:30.

#14989 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,609 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:30

Perhaps I was too hasty. I'm always naturally pessimistic with Schumi these days, I don't like to get my hopes up. But his pace is improving. With 22 laps to go maybe he can catch up to Rosberg...

Gonna be interesting when Lewis catches up to him. Just get out of his way Michael, its not worth losing a wing over.

#14990 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:32

Perhaps I was too hasty. I'm always naturally pessimistic with Schumi these days, I don't like to get my hopes up. But his pace is improving. With 22 laps to go maybe he can catch up to Rosberg...

Gonna be interesting when Lewis catches up to him. Just get out of his way Michael, its not worth losing a wing over.

i guess they both go onto hards next ? schumachers going to have to stay out longer than rosberg to get past him i guess

#14991 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:34

i guess they both go onto hards next ? schumachers going to have to stay out longer than rosberg to get past him i guess

I think new hards can be faster than old softs.

#14992 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,609 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:34

Well arknor I think you made a good call about fuel, if Schumi has been more reserved while Rosberg has been greedy with his engine mapping in the early stages this could give Michael more pace with the lighter cars. Lets see...

#14993 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:37

Live timing is more interesting than TV screen. Great battle for lap times.

#14994 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:39

Live timing is more interesting than TV screen. Great battle for lap times.

schumacher just purpled s1 :kiss:

aparently hamiltons got vibration issues btw so probably dodgy tyres like msc had

Edited by arknor, 30 October 2011 - 10:40.

#14995 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,469 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:40

Great fight between the two Merc. If only quali would be closer.

#14996 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:43

Great fight between the two Merc. If only quali would be closer.

rosberg pits hope schumacher stays out an extra lap atleast

#14997 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

They pit Rosberg now, I fear Michael will be next..but why? The pace is fine.

Edited by Spa95, 30 October 2011 - 10:43.

#14998 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

MS do now 2-3 very fast laps ,please. GO GO GO

Edited by ivand911, 30 October 2011 - 10:44.

#14999 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:44

schumachers almost matching webber there is no way the harder tyres will be faster on the merc but i bet schumacher pits cos merc wont want rosberg to get jumped....

Advertisement

#15000 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:44

1 extra lap :)