#15101 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 19:08

What about Nico in China?

That was a P6 wasn't?

Edit:

Wasn't.

Edited by Tarzaan, 30 October 2011 - 19:10.

Advertisement

#15102 Sof1

Sof1

• 596 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 19:12

On board Schumi race start, anyone????

Edited by Sof1, 30 October 2011 - 19:12.

#15103 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 730 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 21:44

Posted Image

thanks for sharing!

#15104 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 697 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 22:20

On board Schumi race start, anyone????

I too would love to see this, anyone?

#15105 holiday

holiday

• 3,470 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 22:48

Flashback to Monza 2011: Just for the sake of completeness, but has the news yet reached you that LH only managed to pass MS finally, because the latter pushed accidentally the revert limiter for a brief moment when he wanted to go on the radio instead. MS said so much in a passing comment after the race, but it has since received little attention.

Edited by holiday, 30 October 2011 - 22:49.

#15106 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:50

There is a new theory to ponder on. This year the Mercedes has the smallest chassis of all the teams. Ross has said that next year they are gonna make the car longer. He had said that by making it longer they are gonna have more setup options. I think the small chassis is what is hurting Schumacher in qualifying. Last year, he was saying that he wanted the car pointy, etc but because of the smaller chassis they were not able to dial the car to the optimum. It seemed that after a point, instead of the car getting more pointy it actually became even worse. It also explains what schumacher is saying "the more he pushes the worse it gets." So maybe Schumacher is not really able to get the maximum while qualifying whereas race distance you are never on the limit but just pacing yourself. Maybe next year, we will have a better idea of what really is going on with Schumacher's qualifying issues. There is no doubt that there is a marked improvement in race pace this year. The thing is during qualifying, for the past 2 years he just is not looking at his best. I think he has lost a lot of confidence now. He doesnt seem free flowing and on the edge - looks more like he is on tenter-hooks. Hope they can sort out those issues for next year and maybe Alonso might not be wrong at all. Schumacher would be the opponent everyone would be vary of!!

#15107 hero

hero

• 99 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:06

There is a new theory to ponder on. This year the Mercedes has the smallest chassis of all the teams. Ross has said that next year they are gonna make the car longer. He had said that by making it longer they are gonna have more setup options. I think the small chassis is what is hurting Schumacher in qualifying. Last year, he was saying that he wanted the car pointy, etc but because of the smaller chassis they were not able to dial the car to the optimum. It seemed that after a point, instead of the car getting more pointy it actually became even worse. It also explains what schumacher is saying "the more he pushes the worse it gets." So maybe Schumacher is not really able to get the maximum while qualifying whereas race distance you are never on the limit but just pacing yourself. Maybe next year, we will have a better idea of what really is going on with Schumacher's qualifying issues. There is no doubt that there is a marked improvement in race pace this year. The thing is during qualifying, for the past 2 years he just is not looking at his best. I think he has lost a lot of confidence now. He doesnt seem free flowing and on the edge - looks more like he is on tenter-hooks. Hope they can sort out those issues for next year and maybe Alonso might not be wrong at all. Schumacher would be the opponent everyone would be vary of!!

Im pretty sure the chassis was extended last season after a few races, when this problem was identified, and it is not an issue with this years car at all. The team would have fixed that problem with this years car logically. There is no need for fancy theories and excuses. Michael has lot his speed, and feel and now over drives in qualifying, while in race trim he drives smoother, which is why he does not lose as much speed to rosberg.

#15108 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,469 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:15

I too would love to see this, anyone?

It'll be the same as all the other great ones he's done this year: Nails the lights, feeds in the clutch perfectly, whilst balancing the wheelspin through each phase of the launch. All this is done amidst a flurry of action between other cars, Michael navigating his way through carefully and with consumate ease.

The way Michael puts his starts, and the whole race as well, together suggests to me that it is inherent flaws in the car that are weighted against him in qualifying, but in a race with more variables to manage, he shines. I've loved tracking Michael's race progress through the last 2/3rds of this season, he's just been magic at times.

#15109 Wettham

Wettham

• 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:31

Schumi must have made up at least 25 places in the first lap from Canada on? What a legend he is! A real shame not more coverage is given to mercedes by the BBC. The battle between nico and schumi is the closest of the top driver pairing. So close! Mercedes are definitely on the up as they have maximised the car they have and surely with the crew they have onboard can only be better next year. The team have shown the ability to get the most from their equipment, both drivers are top drawer and £££,s to spend. Good times ahead! Go schumi!

#15110 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:43

Im pretty sure the chassis was extended last season after a few races, when this problem was identified, and it is not an issue with this years car at all. The team would have fixed that problem with this years car logically. There is no need for fancy theories and excuses. Michael has lot his speed, and feel and now over drives in qualifying, while in race trim he drives smoother, which is why he does not lose as much speed to rosberg.

Erm Ross has said this year that they are going to make the car longer for next year to give them more setup options.

#15111 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,332 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:51

I have to say, i am long time Schumacher fan, since the beginning through the highs and lows and i have to say that i am extremely impressed with Schumi this year, honestly, if he had not had these DNF and bad luck in races at the beginning, he would be right up there, i think we are seeing something here with Schumacher that we see with Seb at the front, both are at the maximum. Schumacher definitely still has "it"

#15112 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:01

Agreed. He's been very, very good this season. The points don't show it, but if Rosberg is an above average driver (most believe he is the level of button?) schumacher is now driving at a level above where it counts, and with overtaking this year the problems he is having with qualifying have been almost nulified. I don't believe that Rosberg isn't pushing as hard, as he seems so uptight about ever being behind Michael. Let's just hope for a better car next year!

#15113 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:04

MGP car have shortest chassis this year. I didn't hear that they did something to increase wheelbase length. Last year they also have short chassis, and they change front suspension to increase wheelbase length. But, I didn't hear about such thing this year. And , yeah, short chassis is a issue. It destroy this year season.
If MS didn't have all this crashes and DNF he could be around Massa now. He lost maybe 14 points in Korea and Singapore only.

Edited by ivand911, 31 October 2011 - 10:11.

#15114 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:26

Schumacher just chasing down the 10 points as he has been doing his entire career.

Someone should inform him of the changed points system. :smoking:

#15115 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 15:15

Yesterday was a Schumacher Spectacular. Solid, solid drive, quali was a disappointment but he was visibly pushing harder than most others at a few turns. Managed his tyres wonderfully in the race, the entire circuit erupted when he came out ahead of Rosberg after the last stops, which sadly never translates to TV. Very, very pleased about the kind of support for the legend that turned up for the race. :up:

#15116 schubacca

schubacca

• 795 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 16:42

MS is driving splendidly.

If only he can sort out qualifying.....

The amazing thing is that he is getting better..... The silver lining with the Merc not being a top car is that their is little consequence to MS's slow climb back to competitiveness....

#15117 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,201 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 16:48

Considering how well practice and quali went, the race was very pleasing.

#15118 plastik2k9

plastik2k9

• 507 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 16:48

Certainly would like to see Mercedes right up there with a race winning car next season, if only to see Schumacher fighting where he belongs in my opinion. Driving for Mercedes has made me respect him far more than I ever did, but to see him fight for another championship at his age would hopefully leave many of his critics re-thinking things. I have no doubt he's fully capable of it.

#15119 dav115

dav115

• 715 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 16:51

Still no onboard start? There are usually people who record it on the dedicated feed he has in Germany, but I can't find any vids :( .

Advertisement

#15120 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 17:00

Still no onboard start? There are usually people who record it on the dedicated feed he has in Germany, but I can't find any vids :( .

Me too.

#15121 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 17:01

That dedicated Sky onboard channel is no more.

It was the same story with the BBC onboard channel (afaik they never switched to MS at all during the race), and they also couldn't be bothered to show any extra replays during the Red Button forum. In short: forget it - unless the highlights video on F1.com will contain any footage. :well:

Edited by Spa95, 31 October 2011 - 17:03.

#15122 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:13

I'm glad it was picked up by some media:

http://www.blick.ch/...etaetlos-185756

Lack of respect deserves lack of respect too :down:. Classless **** :down:.

Posted Image

#15123 Poep

Poep

• 85 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:22

Posted Image

Bullshit. Who says you have to take of your hat. respect is given by what's inside and not what you wear. Why are some drivers looking down and some not? Is half of them respectless? No! Because there are no rules in paying respect. They agreed to have a minute silence, nothing more. If MS would have been talking during that minute, than I would agree with you. But know you are just being a hater.

MS was one of the few f1 drivers to pay tribute on his website to the killed motorsport drivers immediatly after he got the news. But I guess you wouldn't know that....

#15124 Sof1

Sof1

• 596 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:23

Oh common, the guy was there, he probably forgot his hat on, so what? Haven't you forgotten your hat on before? He is 42, old people forget :p

Other people have sunglasses on too. NOt a big deal.

Looks do not show real respect but actions and feelings do.

#15125 Sof1

Sof1

• 596 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:26

BTW, barbie is looking right into the camera, he likes to be photographed :p lol

#15126 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,307 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:32

Posted Image

Don't forget about the Red Bull(?)-engineer who still had his earphones on while the ceremony went on. Crucify him!

Moral of the story: everybody mourns in his own way, take it or leave it. End of story.

#15127 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 697 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:37

Really don't see why he would need to take a hat off, don't really see why he needs to show show respect and sadness over the deaths because if you feel it what does it matter what other people see and think. If you know you're being respectful some dozy **** on forum can't tell you you're being a "Classless ****".

#15128 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:37

Bullshit. Who says you have to take of your hat. respect is given by what's inside and not what you wear. Why are some drivers looking down and some not? Is half of them respectless? No! Because there are no rules in paying respect. They agreed to have a minute silence, nothing more. If MS would have been talking during that minute, than I would agree with you. But know you are just being a hater.

So why he was taking his cap off on podiums, when anthems are played (well, at least it was that way 5 years ago, when he had last chance to do that)? Do you also say "Bullshit, who says you have to take off your hat, respect to national anthems is given by what's inside and not what you wear."? If not, you are pure hypocrite.

MS was one of the few f1 drivers to pay tribute on his website to the killed motorsport drivers immediatly after he got the news. But I guess you wouldn't know that....

Buahahaha, you know that drivers' websites are done by PR agencies :lol:? Or maybe you think he sat in front of his laptop and wrote "I'm very sorry to hear..." :lol:?

#15129 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,454 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:40

Funny thing is he was scolded (by other idiots) when he gesticulated to the Italian Anthem on podium.

So yeah, opinions are like ....

Edited by Diablobb81, 31 October 2011 - 19:40.

#15130 Massa

Massa

• 4,204 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:41

So why he was taking his cap off on podiums, when anthems are played (well, at least it was that way 5 years ago, when he had last chance to do that)? Do you also say "Bullshit, who says you have to take off your hat, respect to national anthems is given by what's inside and not what you wear."? If not, you are pure hypocrite.

Buahahaha, you know that drivers' websites are done by PR agencies :lol:? Or maybe you think he sat in front of his laptop and wrote "I'm very sorry to hear..." :lol:?

Now there is a way to respect the death of someone ? Damn, you're post are so pathetic.

#15131 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:46

Michael was pleased with the race, and car balance. He thinks that the team is on the right track to make car competitive (next year). I think it is good news, notwithstanding the cap on his head. I do agree however with Mastah, that it would have been perhaps more respectful to take it off; but who knows what was on his mind, and he simply might forgotten. Not a big deal. He is a hard fellow - just remember him, Ralf, and their mother...

#15132 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:48

Jesus christ dude... :rolleyes:

#15133 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 19:57

Funny thing is he was scolded (by other idiots) when he gesticulated to the Italian Anthem on podium.

So yeah, opinions are like ....

same scolded when he broke down in tears during a press conference when someone mentioned he either broke or equaled a record that had been held by senna

#15134 NissanGTR

NissanGTR

• 158 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 20:01

So what if he wore a hat.

The taking your hat off to the dead died out in the 1950's we are in 2011.

#15135 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 697 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 20:24

Michael was pleased with the race, and car balance. He thinks that the team is on the right track to make car competitive (next year). I think it is good news, notwithstanding the cap on his head. I do agree however with Mastah, that it would have been perhaps more respectful to take it off; but who knows what was on his mind, and he simply might forgotten. Not a big deal. He is a hard fellow - just remember him, Ralf, and their mother...

What does this reference, I feel as though I'm about to learn something. :D

#15136 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,970 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 20:25

Merc GP still has the shortest chassis of all current cars. Not so sure thats his excuse but they most definitely have the shortest car of the lot. Put SCHU in this years MaCa and he wins races this year. He's lost a little speed but not so much he can't be competitive with a competitive car.

#15137 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 20:29

if you can´t find negative sportive aspects, find something else.
same old, same old...

#15138 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 20:34

</B>

In Apr 2003 Schumacher brothers said good bye on Suturday to theirs mother in hospital; she died Sunday morning before race at the age of 55. Michael subsequently sat into his Ferrari at San Marino track, and gave Ferrari their 160th victory.

Edited by Sakae, 31 October 2011 - 20:37.

#15139 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 697 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 20:44

In Apr 2003 Schumacher brothers said good bye on Suturday to theirs mother in hospital; she died Sunday morning before race at the age of 55. Michael subsequently sat into his Ferrari at San Marino track, and gave Ferrari their 160th victory.

Was that the event David Coulthard was referencing earlier this season when he said Michael spoke to the BBC last year about why he was quite reserved or was that something else? He said Michael's early life I think so could be something else.

Advertisement

#15140 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 20:57

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I always thought this to be quite enjoyable, a young & learning Schumi crying at the hands of Ayrton. :p

#15141 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 21:39

You'd think a 41-year old guy would know to show some respect?

#15142 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,223 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 22:00

Remember that this is not a fan forum and if someone wishes to complain about the behaviour of a driver then they may do so. This is not the same as complaining about YOUR behaviour. YOUR behaviour is unacceptable when you call other posters names, attack them, deliberately attempt to irritate or try to incite fruitless and circular arguments for the sake of your own entertainment. That is trolling. Please report this behaviour.

#15143 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 22:13

About the hat ,there is very simple explanation for me. He was giving interview for RTL just seconds before this tribute. And he was in a hurry maybe for the tribute. I even think he was little late there and he just forgot the hat in the first moment. Maybe seconds latter he take the hat off? But, why not to blow this out of proportion. Mastah , who else. If he was not respectful, why he was there?
Posted Image

Edited by ivand911, 31 October 2011 - 22:17.

#15144 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 22:22

Don´t attack Slate please. He´s the biggest Schumacher fan of us all I think.
He´s just trying to spice things up.

#15145 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 22:22

One minute silence they held for the earthquake and tsunami in Japan...

Posted Image

Look at all those unrespectfull a**holes with the hats on, but let me guess... This was a totally different situation.

Source= http://formula1.afte...ralia-race.html

Edited by Math89, 31 October 2011 - 22:22.

#15146 JensonWDC

JensonWDC

• 411 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 22:38

Posted Image

Congrats, we reached a new low here. Shocking.

#15147 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,223 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 22:40

Posts deleted, again.

No trolling, thanks.

#15148 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,499 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 22:49

[/b]

Imola 2003, when Michael hounded Ralf for much of the grand prix while chasing for first position. It was quite an extraordinary race with great performances by both drivers. It was made all the more extraordinary by the fact that their mother had just passed away. On that day, both of them were masterclasses under the most immense pressure and distraction. Truly a performance to look at for all sportsmen.

#15149 Paco

Paco

• 1,148 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 23:20

Posted Image

As for sunglasses.. you often see people at funerals wearing them to hide their eyes or tears.. nothing disprectful there.

This isn't 1960..1970.. or even 1980's..

Back in the day, you wouldn't be caught dead at Church in jeans.. now half the people who attend mass in Canada wear jeans and t-shirts and chew gum..
Back in the day, the f-word was seen as absolutely horrible to use in public, now.. its pretty much slang and used in everday talk.
Back in the day, talking back to your parents in public was seen as disprectful.. now it happens all the time.

What was once thought of as blasphomous is often now seen as normal.

On the podium.. you often see drivers cheering and talking to fans and team members during national athems... I don't see many people anymore complaining.. I see that as much more disprectful then wearing a hat during a moment of silence.. As mentioned here a lot.. people handle grief in their own personally way.. Schumi out of most on the grid is probably the most emotional and respectful out of them all in circumstances like that..and being the one who for years was always like Dan compaigning about safety in motorsport.

Stop making an issue when their isn't an issue to be had. Times changes.. sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse..

Edited by Paco, 31 October 2011 - 23:21.

#15150 sharo

sharo

• 1,768 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 23:34

Paco :up:
Very good observation and true words.