• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20758 replies to this topic

#15251 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 17,659 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 00:03

Posts deleted.

If you are not prepared to take issue with a posters argument, then I suggest that you put them on ignore. This thread is not reserved for unadulterated praise and you may not control who does or does not post here. This forum is not reserved for unadulterated praise either. I appreciate that many wish to post repeatedly that Schumacher is the best ever, but it is also acceptable to post that he is not. Attacking the poster, rather than their argument is not acceptable. All this discussion to berate 'fans' or accuse 'trolls' must stop. Address the points please, or leave well alone.

Advertisement

#15252 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,948 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 00:18

Schumacher is the best whether we all like it or not, it doesn't matter what era he was in how many races what the cars were like, he started with nothing...no reputation, he made it happen and engineered, drove, got-favoured-into-being, systematically, strategically, however you care to look at it won more world championships than anyone in the history of the sport. He didn't wreck it for himself with too many crashes and mistakes and he did not crack under the pressure, he delivered with whatever it took to gain those 7 championships.
Everyone can talk the talk but they never walked the walk and did not get close. We are active fans in the era of the best F1 driver in the history of the sport, ask all the drivers and they will say 'the championship', that's what they want and if not they want wins. Schumacher did it, did what mattered, built a team twice around him just as Senna always wanted because it is required, those who were not good enough got ignored in their own requests, Michael did not.

Let's embrace Michael Schumacher, still active and may well win another race before finishing his career in his mid-forties!

#15253 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,877 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 00:24

Don't worry, if they have finished the same number races this year, MS would beat Nico for sure.
Who is Clark? Rindt? Ascari? Anyone see them driving? I personally didn't see Fangio, old Villenueve, Peterson, Stewart, Lauda driving? They are more like legends, but nobody know if they are good at all? Maybe they are good ,but don't have results to make them great.
Everybody knows MS is the best, because we saw him driving. I am watching F1 since around 1991/92(full season). First race that I remember was Hungary 1986. That times we were watching only Hungary races, and not every time. I don't feel robed because I didn't see Clark, Ascari, Rindt, Peterson, Stewart, Moss driving. Not at all. And in my list they don't exist. This guys in one team with MS will look like amateurs.

Yours is IMHO the most abusrd of the many absurd posts I see on this forum. Let me tell you something I've seen Clark, Villeneuve and everyone you've mentioned with the exception of Fangio and Ascari. If you don't feel robbed, well then, it is your loss because they were great drivers. I cannot, for the life of me, believe some folks complete lack of knowledge and no appreciation for the rich history of this sport. You'd think that everything started and ended with MS......... :rolleyes: Are you on his payroll per chance? I'd swear that at least 50% of the posters here are.....

#15254 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,877 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 00:28

Schumacher is the best whether we all like it or not, it doesn't matter what era he was in how many races what the cars were like, he started with nothing...no reputation, he made it happen and engineered, drove, got-favoured-into-being, systematically, strategically, however you care to look at it won more world championships than anyone in the history of the sport. He didn't wreck it for himself with too many crashes and mistakes and he did not crack under the pressure, he delivered with whatever it took to gain those 7 championships.
Everyone can talk the talk but they never walked the walk and did not get close. We are active fans in the era of the best F1 driver in the history of the sport, ask all the drivers and they will say 'the championship', that's what they want and if not they want wins. Schumacher did it, did what mattered, built a team twice around him just as Senna always wanted because it is required, those who were not good enough got ignored in their own requests, Michael did not.

Let's embrace Michael Schumacher, still active and may well win another race before finishing his career in his mid-forties!

Why don't you give him a kiss while you're at it..... Are your seriously saying he is the ONLY driver to walk the walk of a champion? No one ever got close? I'd say take that opinion to TNF and see how far it gets you.....

#15255 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,993 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 00:38

Sorry but the punting and parking and chopping and blocking and cheating are all things on Schumacher's record it all happened it was real. This is the primary reason I don't support Schumacher.

I never ever said I think Rosberg is crap I have only used Schumacher's supporters names for Rosberg (pre thrashing names that is) as a reminder of the level of disrespect they all showed Rosberg (pre thrashing that is) when Schumacher's attempted comeback was announced. I actually think Rosberg is underrated and very good and I do hope Ferrari go after him to replace the hapless Massa. Alonso / Rosberg would be a mighty team.
The problem is in Schumacher not living up to his fans hype, do you want me to post the pre comeback predictions of how Schumacher would trash Rosberg they are mighty funny now in light of how totally wrong they where. You see Schumacher is supposed to be able to win from the back in a shopping cart according to his fans yet he cannot even equal his young teammate. A teammate that was ridiculed by the very people who now can't stand the fact that Schumacher is getting a education in F1 driving from Nico Rosberg.

If Schumacher was as good as he and his fans think he is. he would have shaded Rosberg from the first practice of 2010 and on from there, he did not because he is just a average driver. That is my view,

He cannot be an average driver with 7 WDC's to his name. That is about as foolish a remark as degrading NR. NR is NOT underestimated. Your choice of words are insulting to some. Every post of yours has a trolling edge to it. I couldn't care less who MS is getting an F1 driving education from, and I will sleep well if he retires mid-season without another win to his name. I will go on watching F1 and enjoying it. As I said you will have a feast next year if the W03 is competitive. AND I will too, because there will be a fierce competition between these two, if NR has the balls to stay on.

#15256 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,199 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:05

Sorry but the punting and parking and chopping and blocking and cheating are all things on Schumacher's record it all happened it was real. This is the primary reason I don't support Schumacher.

I never ever said I think Rosberg is crap I have only used Schumacher's supporters names for Rosberg (pre thrashing names that is) as a reminder of the level of disrespect they all showed Rosberg (pre thrashing that is) when Schumacher's attempted comeback was announced. I actually think Rosberg is underrated and very good and I do hope Ferrari go after him to replace the hapless Massa. Alonso / Rosberg would be a mighty team.
The problem is in Schumacher not living up to his fans hype, do you want me to post the pre comeback predictions of how Schumacher would trash Rosberg they are mighty funny now in light of how totally wrong they where. You see Schumacher is supposed to be able to win from the back in a shopping cart according to his fans yet he cannot even equal his young teammate. A teammate that was ridiculed by the very people who now can't stand the fact that Schumacher is getting a education in F1 driving from Nico Rosberg.

If Schumacher was as good as he and his fans think he is. he would have shaded Rosberg from the first practice of 2010 and on from there, he did not because he is just a average driver. That is my view,

Thats BS. Again, you answered only what is convenient but not the point that was addressed, that you can't judge a drivers accomplishments by only taking a snapshot of their career. If all you want to say that you don't like Schumacher because he was a cheat than it's hard to argue against it. But to say that his driving was crap during his peak years is just as biased and norrow minded as you accuse others with a different view.

It's just as ridiculous to sayt that Federer, Maradona, Klammer, or even Tiger Woods sucked in their respective careers because they finished in at a low or declined over the course of their careers. Take the example of Thomas Muster. Once a Number 1 tennis player in th world just made a comeback last year and has not won a single tournament. Nobody within reason would measure his accomplishments in the 90's against his comeback in 2010. Thats wrong and you know it. You always blame Schumacher for what his supporters claimed before his comback, that he would trounce Rosberg. Well I never once read an interview or heard Schumacher ever say once that he was going to beat Rosberg.

Edited by AndreasF1, 04 November 2011 - 01:07.

#15257 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:16

SG

I'd like to read those posts from all those Schumacher supporters that said he would trounce Rosberg.

I'd also like to read the posts where people said: "see Schumacher is supposed to be able to win from the back in a shopping cart according to his fans yet he cannot even equal his young teammate"

Only person I ever recall saying that was....Sir Frank Williams

#15258 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,149 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:32

SG

I'd like to read those posts from all those Schumacher supporters that said he would trounce Rosberg.

Always a pleasure to oblige! Just a small sampling.

Cheers

Uhmmm...
Don't know...
If Barbie wasn't capable of dealling with Webber, how could he possibly outpace Schumy :well:

The big question mark is... can we start calling him Nicochello :p

Rosberg fans must feel devasted by the news but the best thing for them to do is to admit defeat now and avoid much shame in the future.

Schumacher is utterly going to annihilate Rosberg. I'm not that happy Schumi is coming back to be honest, but watching him utterly obliterate Rosberg is going to be singularly joyous to watch. ESPECIALLY given Keke's dribbling in 2006 after Monaco. Michael isn't going to be charitable AT ALL.

Britney will get beaten senseless.

Rosberg may have had the upper hand against Nakajima, but against Schumacher, he may as well start over. Keke can't change any of that.

Cooper

I have watched hours of incar from 2008 of all the drivers and Rosberg just isn't there in fact besides Hamilton and Massa and depending on the car, this isn't a bad year at all for MS to come back.

If Rosberg is smart he will make this his learning year and profit his future from it.

It depends on how willing he is to learn and how his Father influences him on allowing that. Massa was happy to learn and be guided.

To my mind there is no doubt that Schumacher will beat Rosberg, in fact he will beat the whole field

#15259 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:55

wow - that's a lot of people isn't it..... :rolleyes: You've been on this forum almost as long as I - how many of the knowledgeable MSC supporters ever said he'd thrash Rosberg - can't remember too many of us can you.

and where's the quote

I'd also like to read the posts where people said: "see Schumacher is supposed to be able to win from the back in a shopping cart according to his fans yet he cannot even equal his young teammate" - apart from Sir Frank Williams saying it (and he did) - I can't think many others saying it.

Edited by Raelene, 04 November 2011 - 03:58.

Advertisement

#15260 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,149 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:17

wow - that's a lot of people isn't it..... :rolleyes:

my bad I thought eight was enough...... as a sample

Here you go many more here

http://forums.autosp...p;#entry4050650

Cheers

#15261 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:45

so again - you only chose to respond to part fo a post...I give up - keep up the good troll

#15262 pUs

pUs

• 2,600 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:25

He is just not that good. Can't even beat "barbie"

But he is actually beating Barbie quite a lot lately. And we both know you won't change your opinion one bit if Michael finishes the season in front of Nico in the standing. So why even bring it up?

Edited by pUs, 04 November 2011 - 07:26.

#15263 pUs

pUs

• 2,600 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:34

You religiously hate him, pretty obvious. Seems to be your only real passion.

I never ever said I think Rosberg is crap I have only used Schumacher's supporters names for Rosberg (pre thrashing names that is) as a reminder of the level of disrespect they all showed Rosberg (pre thrashing that is) when Schumacher's attempted comeback was announced.

Can't you start discussing F1 instead of discussing fans?

The problem is in Schumacher not living up to his fans hype

Problem for who? Not for you, I'm sure? :lol:

do you want me to post the pre comeback predictions of how Schumacher would trash Rosberg they are mighty funny now in light of how totally wrong they where

Speak for yourself, please. Or name all those people, or don't include them in your "argument"

. You see Schumacher is supposed to be able to win from the back in a shopping cart according to his fans

Slategray, discussing fans instead of F1 like always

If Schumacher was as good as he and his fans think he is. he would have blah blah blah etc

Spare us this drivel. It's annoying having to read what I really think, written by some random idiot who has never met me, nor shows the slightest respect at all.

#15264 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:52

Did I get the numbers wrong? Was difference greater or lesser then the numbers indicate? Perhaps there is an error, if so please accept my apologies did Schumacher not cheat and ram and chop and park ... did those things not happen?

Slate Gray, since you seem to have a lot of time, how about showing with math the extent of Schumachers crimes against his 286 starts? Show us the percentages.

Thats official FIA reprimanded crimes against F1 and specific to dangerous driving, not your opinions.

While your at it define "cheat" before "did those things not happen" can be answered.

#15265 Group B

Group B

• 13,984 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:00

SG

I'd also like to read the posts where people said: "see Schumacher is supposed to be able to win from the back in a shopping cart according to his fans yet he cannot even equal his young teammate"

Only person I ever recall saying that was....Sir Frank Williams

:up:
Quite. Most of us never expected or predicted an uber return, Slate is cherry picking a couple of fanatics s in order to present everyone with a 'killer' argument.

#15266 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:06

SlateGray, you show posts from the fans(and not fans I think) when W01 was not even born. Everyone expected W01 to be a good car(something close to BR001). Car good for a wins. But, the car was bad, 4th-5th best car for the whole season. W02 was even worse.
MS was away 3 years from F1, so in 2010 he have a lot to learn. Maybe Nico teach him something. Good for him. Tyres, how to drive them, and also different car rules. Nico have this knowledge and have this head start. But, in the end of 2010 MS was very close to him already. 2011 started different, MS without DNFs would be sure ahead of Nico by now. Only one less DNF(Singapore or Korea) would be enough for this. And MS to lead Nico now. We will see how Nico will handle the pressure. MS handle the pressure last year and beginning of this year very well.
Win from the back in a shopping cart , we saw it in Spa. He beat everyone except from the dream teams(best cars).

#15267 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:20

Who cares what the fans said when he came back? Not really shocking that fans have high expectations of someone who they are a fan of.
I've never heard Schumacher say anything about crushing Rosberg. He only said he would try to fight for the championship but I can point you to 23 other drivers who would also like to fight for the championship.

277 races. 3 controversial things... 1994,1997 and 2006.

The past...get over it.

#15268 outofbounds

outofbounds

• 52 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:33

I think there were also a lot of Schumacher fans who were concerned it wouldn't work out as well as they hoped. Maybe they just weren't so vocal.

#15269 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:21

In 2010 I though he will need several races (6?) to get back into the grove, and he will be in top five. Then it hit me, that he has no car, and trouble is on.

In 2011 I thought it will be all corrected, only to realize, that we stilll have a problem, mostly related to car balance and tire characteristics he was not comfortable with. At least not initially.

In 2012 / 2013, if vehicle is competitive, I hope to see him in top five regularly, maybe even on the podium here and there.

I have never assumed he will automatically win another championship because of his career 1, nor I think that he is concerned about Rosberg. In fact I think Schumacher's focus is where he is compared to Vettel, and how to close that gap. As his long time fan, I have never doubted he will apply himself completely; how that effort will translate into results remains to be seen. For now I am optimistic.

Edited by Sakae, 04 November 2011 - 11:23.

#15270 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,599 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:44

my bad I thought eight was enough...... as a sample

Here you go many more here

http://forums.autosp...p;#entry4050650

Cheers

wow big deal some people thought Schumacher was going to come back and win. Just becasue he has not does not make him rubbish. I think what he has done this year apart from a few stupid crashes has been the max you could ask of him and the car at this stage. I very much doubt any other driver could do any better in the Mercedes. Nico and Micheal are level in terms of race pace. To me this shows it is how far the car can go.

#15271 schubacca

schubacca

• 800 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 14:11

MS is one of the greatest F1 drivers ever.

As a MS fan I can understand if people dont regard him the best...... Heck.... I cant even say that for certain.

However.....

When the anti-MS bridgade starts ranking MS as a mediocre driver who lucked his way in 7 WDCs, then I have no choice but to laugh.

MS is past his prime. Yet MS circa 2011 is not embarassing himself, his team, nor is he being embarassed by his teammate.

Next up, Slate will be saying that MS is lazy and would rather play golf than assist the team in car development....

Edited by schubacca, 04 November 2011 - 14:12.

#15272 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 14:31

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/95898

(Horner:)

Sometimes when we haven't had the quickest car on a Sunday we have still managed to win with it, and that demonstrates the strength of a team that is in total harmony and working in unison.

This is exactly why I have hope to see MS on the podium before he retires, as his working ethics are very similar.

Edited by Sakae, 04 November 2011 - 14:41.

#15273 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 14:57

MS is one of the greatest F1 drivers ever.

As a MS fan I can understand if people dont regard him the best...... Heck.... I cant even say that for certain.

However.....

When the anti-MS bridgade starts ranking MS as a mediocre driver who lucked his way in 7 WDCs, then I have no choice but to laugh.

MS is past his prime. Yet MS circa 2011 is not embarassing himself, his team, nor is he being embarassed by his teammate.

Next up, Slate will be saying that MS is lazy and would rather play golf than assist the team in car development....

luckiest man alive! what are the oods! i bet you have more odds of winning the euromillions for 7 weeks on the trot while winning your national lottery aswell for the same 7 weeks!

#15274 schubacca

schubacca

• 800 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 16:54

luckiest man alive! what are the oods! i bet you have more odds of winning the euromillions for 7 weeks on the trot while winning your national lottery aswell for the same 7 weeks!

Championships

7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)

Wins

Podiums

Career points

Pole positions

Fastest laps

And all of it was luck....

#15275 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,948 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 20:12

Why don't you give him a kiss while you're at it..... Are your seriously saying he is the ONLY driver to walk the walk of a champion? No one ever got close? I'd say take that opinion to TNF and see how far it gets you.....

Ahhh yes there's Schumacher and his achievements and then there's jj2728 on an internet forum saying childish things from a school playground and also not reading properly, its shameful. They all talk the talk of a 7 time champion but non of them can walk the walk, I can see you're struggling to understand that bit there so I added to it.
Its embaressing to think sometimes that Schumacher is even the same species as some of these infantile individuals that post these comments.

#15276 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,380 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 20:19

SlateGray, you show posts from the fans(and not fans I think) when W01 was not even born. Everyone expected W01 to be a good car(something close to BR001). Car good for a wins. But, the car was bad, 4th-5th best car for the whole season. W02 was even worse.
MS was away 3 years from F1, so in 2010 he have a lot to learn. Maybe Nico teach him something. Good for him. Tyres, how to drive them, and also different car rules. Nico have this knowledge and have this head start. But, in the end of 2010 MS was very close to him already. 2011 started different, MS without DNFs would be sure ahead of Nico by now. Only one less DNF(Singapore or Korea) would be enough for this. And MS to lead Nico now. We will see how Nico will handle the pressure. MS handle the pressure last year and beginning of this year very well.
Win from the back in a shopping cart , we saw it in Spa. He beat everyone except from the dream teams(best cars).

Very good post. Of which I agree 100% with. I think in 2012 SCHU will outperform Nico with relative ease. Relative I say. I'll be sure to post back here if I'm wrong but I think Michael is getting back to himself and after a full year on the new tyres, along with a better MGP car for next year, we'll see him place higher than this year.

#15277 Starish

Starish

• 1,099 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 21:04

Very good post. Of which I agree 100% with. I think in 2012 SCHU will outperform Nico with relative ease. Relative I say. I'll be sure to post back here if I'm wrong but I think Michael is getting back to himself and after a full year on the new tyres, along with a better MGP car for next year, we'll see him place higher than this year.

The ony thing we can't be sure of there.

#15278 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,380 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 21:17

The ony thing we can't be sure of there.

I agree totally with that, we can't be sure. But I like the way Ross & Norbert carry themselves & the way the speak about the current situation and the future. It doesn't seem to me they set unrealistic goals or expectations and they're always brutally honest about the current performance. To me the fact that while they would love to be competing with the likes of RBR, MaCa & Ferrari they know they're behind and aren't forcing anything. They're somewhat content knowing it takes time to build one of the aforementioned teams and that's obviously what they're striving to become. I guess my main point is they're grounded & very focused on their goals. This bodes well for them & their fans. I fully expect MGP to be a top team consistently and for years to come. I just hope Michael is there when they're competitive with the better teams on the grid.

#15279 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,877 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 23:13

Ahhh yes there's Schumacher and his achievements and then there's jj2728 on an internet forum saying childish things from a school playground and also not reading properly, its shameful. They all talk the talk of a 7 time champion but non of them can walk the walk, I can see you're struggling to understand that bit there so I added to it.
Its embaressing to think sometimes that Schumacher is even the same species as some of these infantile individuals that post these comments.

Would you care to enlighten me as to who these THEY are that talk the talk of a 7 time champion then? Maybe that way I'll be able to wrap my childish, infantile head around it..... :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#15280 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 00:18

The luckiest man I have met was this dude who was struck by lightning twice.Odds were 1/300million just for one strike,so imagine two of them. I bought him a beer and told him to play the lotto,his chances were 1/40million.

#15281 weareracing

weareracing

• 947 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 00:32

Without a doubt Michael is a personality that draws out extreme responses, nothing run of the mill.
It comes with the territory, if you want to be NUMBER 1, you need to be ruthless, not a nice guy.
Check out 1994, NOT Michaels doing but Ross Brawn must have known, and the mechanics at risk during the pit-stops CERTAINLY found out the hard way, that if you can cheat you can win.
The 2011 Michael Schumacher is the cutest year yet, this one I am beginning to like, the old timer is doing ok.
In 2012 I'd like to see him on the podium.
In 2013 I'd like to see him replace Ross Brawn and become Team Principal, Michael has a lot to offer.

Edited by weareracing, 05 November 2011 - 00:40.

#15282 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,975 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 00:57

Without a doubt Michael is a personality that draws out extreme responses, nothing run of the mill.
It comes with the territory, if you want to be NUMBER 1, you need to be ruthless, not a nice guy.
Check out 1994, NOT Michaels doing but Ross Brawn must have known, and the mechanics at risk during the pit-stops CERTAINLY found out the hard way, that if you can cheat you can win.
The 2011 Michael Schumacher is the cutest year yet, this one I am beginning to like, the old timer is doing ok.
In 2012 I'd like to see him on the podium.
In 2013 I'd like to see him replace Ross Brawn and become Team Principal, Michael has a lot to offer.

I actually could see him racing in 2013 given the recent employment of Mercedes of Wills and Costa.

#15283 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:32

I actually could see him racing in 2013 given the recent employment of Mercedes of Wills and Costa.

if the 2012 car can get podiums then i dont see schumacher retiring tbh i reckon he could easily goto 2014 aslong as he atleast matchs his teammate

#15284 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 13:40

What Schu is doing for the Sport is beyond great. It means that we could watch&enjoy the FA/LH/SV etc for a looooong time if they have the determination and preperation of the Master himself.

#15285 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 18:27

2 problems with this, Rosberg is darn good, I can't understand why his race performance is going down but he is still fast and he gets to the finish line. he is still currently faster than MS over a single lap and to say MS will beat him "with relative ease" is just nonsense. To add to that it's only going to take a minor turn around with whatever Rosberg's issue is to square them back up.

The other problem is the car, where are they going to find up to 2 seconds just to draw level with RBR/McLaren let alone get ahead - the worst thing team mates can do with a slower car is waste time fighting each other and keeping development secrets from each other so no advantages there either.

I expect them to bounce around between wins (over each other) between them while they try to get to the front, only then will you see what each other is truly capable against each other.

#15286 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,948 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:47

Would you care to enlighten me as to who these THEY are that talk the talk of a 7 time champion then? Maybe that way I'll be able to wrap my childish, infantile head around it..... :rolleyes:

You could read what I said again to comprehend that I'm more bothered by why so many people act like a complete dick when entering into a conversation about things on the internet. Its impossible to be bold and brave whilst hiding remember. Just act more mature, act like you are chatting face to face not hidden behind your computer screen with a pea-shooter throwing insults whilst having run out of anything intelligent to say.
Its like throwing stones at the Lions in a zoo just because they're in a cage. It brings the very very worst out of some individuals just because they suddenly feel more secure and misinterpret that as power.

#15287 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:31

Its like throwing stones at the Lions in a zoo just because they're in a cage. It brings the very very worst out of some individuals just because they suddenly feel more secure and misinterpret that as power.

And you would be wrong, for me anyway. I will never know you, meet you or nor will you come to my Xmas party so unlike real people I don't care if you don't like my opinion. Actually the show of power is some of the posts I don't respond to.

Except Raylene cause I always try to stay on the ladies good sides  ;)

Otherwise take a hint from this, just replace hacking with trolling ...

http://www.wimp.com/hackingworks/

#15288 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:53

Well I would like to see that too, but then there is the Prost precedent which tells you that while you might be good in one thing, that doesn't follow it will trangess accross all lines. Michael being a good team manager is possible, but not guaranteed, especially when he is I think already on the record that he was not interested (while with Ferrari). He would need to be Ross's assistant for two or three years, before he could jump in as a lead.

I could see him being groomed by Mercedes for succession to N. Haug, one day later on.

Edited by Sakae, 06 November 2011 - 11:59.

#15289 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,877 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 13:06

You could read what I said again to comprehend that I'm more bothered by why so many people act like a complete dick when entering into a conversation about things on the internet. Its impossible to be bold and brave whilst hiding remember. Just act more mature, act like you are chatting face to face not hidden behind your computer screen with a pea-shooter throwing insults whilst having run out of anything intelligent to say.

So what you are saying is that people on this forum talk the talk of a 7 time champion and that they are complete dicks (unlike yourself of course). I mean how does one talk the talk of a 7 time champion? Does he or she walk around quoting him? I'm still trying to wrap my childish and infantile (your quotes stone thrower) head around this. Best get off the moral high horse kid and join the rest of us, remember....let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

Edited by jj2728, 06 November 2011 - 13:22.

#15290 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 17:15

Flavio the straight talker - listen to what he says from 2.20 minutes, cringe'worthy in front of his own drivers!

http://www.tudou.com...ew/BNb4tp-BDYo/

#15291 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:23

Flavio the straight talker - listen to what he says from 2.20 minutes, cringe'worthy in front of his own drivers!

Quite.
but very true!

#15292 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:07

http://img4.auto-mot...eeaa-548196.jpg
http://photo.champio...full/237481.jpg
Is this the same type of place(pink part) where Massa broke suspension twice?

About the Benetton, I guess they were in shock when they start working with Alesi and Berger. Not in the good way. When they saw the difference between them and MS. What they say, in 1997 they still teach them how to work with engineers? New seat in Monaco? What a joke.

Edited by ivand911, 07 November 2011 - 10:20.

#15293 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 19:33

I watched that documentary in 1998 - pretty good

#15294 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,814 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 20:41

I prefered the Bennetton pit wall's opinion of Michael in this one @ 17:15 :p

http://www.tudou.com...ew/EZOQ0LY5NrE/

#15295 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 776 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 22:51

http://www.tudou.com...ew/EZOQ0LY5NrE/

I like the way they practically joke about it as all they care about is moving up a place.

#15296 Sazh

Sazh

• 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 22:57

Championships

7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)

Wins

Podiums

Career points

Pole positions

Fastest laps

And all of it was luck....

:up:

#15297 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 13:12

And there you have it, the difference between a highly intelligent and successful businessman and some pit Guy.

Kind of runs parallel with the posters in this thread.

#15298 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,814 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 14:36

"some pit guy"

Yup, anyone who thought that world championship winning F1 teams put intelligent, knowledgeable engineers on their pitwall is a fool! they just let hobo's and junkies up there :rotfl:

Remind me again, between Flavio and the pitwall engineer, which one was banned from F1 for cheating? :wave:

Edited by Boing 2, 08 November 2011 - 14:37.

#15299 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 15:48

Just received the newest Sport Bild issue.
Michael extended his contract untill 2013. It was already agreed at Singapur, he has a clause that allows him to take an option for 2014 or stepping in as an advisor for example from there on.
Reading the article, it looks like him and Clear get along very nicely and it seems like he´ll stay on Michael´s side of the garage next year too.

Edited by Urawa, 08 November 2011 - 15:48.

Advertisement

#15300 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 15:58

Just received the newest Sport Bild issue.
Michael extended his contract untill 2013. It was already agreed at Singapur, he has a clause that allows him to take an option for 2014 or stepping in as an advisor for example from there on.
Reading the article, it looks like him and Clear get along very nicely and it seems like he´ll stay on Michael´s side of the garage next year too.

Woooop Wooop :clap:

Thank you Urawa!

Edited by FlashMaster, 08 November 2011 - 15:59.