Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#15951 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 15:12

A 2011 Highlights video I found on Youtube.

Advertisement

#15952 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 15:39

I would love to have the program of his training regime. That guy looks like a beast!. Any suggestions?

Hard work and dedication.

Bernard Hopkins; 46 years old, the Light Heavyweight Champion of the World. Pound for Pound one of the best fighters on earth

Posted Image

Watch the master at work

#15953 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 16:27

Posted Image
What made Schumi react this way? :drunk: :rotfl:

#15954 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 16:30

Posted Image

About 8 pint of beer :rotfl:

#15955 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 16:30

Posted Image

About 8 pints of beer :rotfl:

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 10 December 2011 - 16:30.

#15956 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 16:38

Posted Image

I think it was nations cup quarter-finals, where MS lost his 1st race and SV won in the 2nd run

#15957 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 17:35

The beginning:

http://www.youtube.c...0...&playnext=1
http://www.youtube.c...Y...der&list=UL
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
How was Schumacher quicker than Senna ?
http://www.youtube.c...4...screen&NR=1

Edited by ivand911, 10 December 2011 - 18:11.

#15958 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 17:38

That montage of best of 2011 is awesome, shows how strong he has been at points. There's a lot missing, a longer one would be even better.

#15959 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 18:10

That montage of best of 2011 is awesome, shows how strong he has been at points. There's a lot missing, a longer one would be even better.

It remind me what good race was Monaco. Until the car was going.

Advertisement

#15960 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 19:10

A 2011 Highlights video I found on Youtube.

Ah canada 2011... Had all kinds of emotions in that race.

Anger because Mercedes brought him in for option tyres just before the rain and he had to come back in for wet tyres. Wich made him start at around P10 at the restart. He would have started at P2 if they would have waited just one lap.

Extreme joy when he passed Massa and Kobayashi. I was so convinced he would be on podium.

And extreme sadness when DRS was activated and he lost a podium finish. Man, that hurted me more then the time my first girlfriend broke up with me. :p (just kidding)

And after the race thinking about what could have happened...

Don't think some folks will understand but the past two years following F1 have just been awesome for me as an MSC fan. It's just so much better if there is someone driving who you support fully.
For example the part of my emotions during the Canada grand prix. Before 2010 I followed F1 with a neutral point of view ;
- Oh that guy won /care
- Oh, that guy crashed /care
- Oh, that guy is the world champion /care

Now it's just different. I enjoy it so much more just because of the presence of one man on track.

Edited by Math89, 10 December 2011 - 19:11.

#15961 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 19:19

Ah canada 2011... Had all kinds of emotions in that race.

Anger because Mercedes brought him in for option tyres just before the rain and he had to come back in for wet tyres. Wich made him start at around P10 at the restart. He would have started at P2 if they would have waited just one lap.

Extreme joy when he passed Massa and Kobayashi. I was so convinced he would be on podium.

And extreme sadness when DRS was activated and he lost a podium finish. Man, that hurted me more then the time my first girlfriend broke up with me. :p (just kidding)

And after the race thinking about what could have happened...

Don't think some folks will understand but the past two years following F1 have just been awesome for me as an MSC fan. It's just so much better if there is someone driving who you support fully.
For example the part of my emotions during the Canada grand prix. Before 2010 I followed F1 with a neutral point of view ;
- Oh that guy won /care
- Oh, that guy crashed /care
- Oh, that guy is the world champion /care

Now it's just different. I enjoy it so much more just because of the presence of one man on track.

I agree 100%

I've been a Schumi fan since I saw him climb into the Jordan at Spa in 1991 and Qualify 7th and yes I get exactly the same feelings. :)

I would dearly love him to have a decent/competitive car again. I know for a fact he would win races!

Edited by Longtimefan, 10 December 2011 - 19:20.

#15962 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 21:06

Same with me, mate. :up:
Though a lot of people won't understand it.

#15963 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 21:07

Same here aswell - if he goes out a GP i tend to forget the rest of it unless it's spectacular.

#15964 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 21:30

Same with me, mate. :up:
Though a lot of people won't understand it.

I'm now trying to find another driver to support as well as Michael so when he does retire again I won't have to abruptly start supporting somebody new, I'll have a gradual crossover.

#15965 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 21:34

Had quite the same emotions during the Canada GP. And all the waiting making what followed seem preordained, until DRS was activated. Such a shame, that was.

Just regarding this whole supporting business. After Schumacher first retired, I kept on with Ferrari and enjoyed Raikkonen's WDC win, was quite down after Massa's loss, but it just didn't compare. I've definitely been following the sport more religiously now than I had before.

Also, when my favourite tennis player retired, a certain guy who just got a seat in the Duma, I tried to latch onto another player, but it's just not the same. My favourite football player is about to retire as well this year and the situation is similar.

Of course, the main reason behind it is that all these guys were around during my youth, when caring passionately about something that's not very much pertaining to your own self comes much more naturally.

Edited by PoliFanAthic, 10 December 2011 - 21:40.

#15966 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 21:46

Posted Image

Maybe JB has some breath issues.

#15967 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 21:48

I'm now trying to find another driver to support as well as Michael so when he does retire again I won't have to abruptly start supporting somebody new, I'll have a gradual crossover.

I'm not sure you can 'find' another driver; they tend to find you.

#15968 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 00:00

I'm not sure you can 'find' another driver; they tend to find you.

After Prost, this actually happened to me with Michael, and now Sebastian. Somehow initially not entirely popular, yet eye catching on the track, and rest is history. I consider myself lucky with my choices. I had a brief "flink" with Kimi, but that did not grow, I have tried with a team, but fact is, for me it is a performance and personality of a driver that draws me back, not a machine.

Edited by Sakae, 11 December 2011 - 00:00.

#15969 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 00:06

Same here aswell - if he goes out a GP i tend to forget the rest of it unless it's spectacular.

True, true. Well, to be honest, in Canada I really was shouting and screaming and cheering him on like crazy, I never thought I was able to do that but the way he tossed that car around the circuit over the bumps and kerbs was just unbelievable. THAT was the old Schumacher we all have known so well. Pure eyecandy. Totally heartbroken when *whoever made the call* was just too much of a pussy to jump to extreme wet tyres and that damn DRS was activated. Well, we all saw that coming in the end, didn't we :) For me, he was third there (big chance Button would have got past anyway, he was really quick that day).

#15970 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 13:04

True, true. Well, to be honest, in Canada I really was shouting and screaming and cheering him on like crazy, I never thought I was able to do that but the way he tossed that car around the circuit over the bumps and kerbs was just unbelievable. THAT was the old Schumacher we all have known so well. Pure eyecandy. Totally heartbroken when *whoever made the call* was just too much of a pussy to jump to extreme wet tyres and that damn DRS was activated. Well, we all saw that coming in the end, didn't we :) For me, he was third there (big chance Button would have got past anyway, he was really quick that day).

I'll never forget Canada, the inferior Schumacher was battling for 2nd at one point while the superior Rosberg came across the line with a broken front wing. :rotfl:

#15971 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 13:21

:rotfl:
If MS have the MGP car from India in Canada I think situation for him would be much better. Canada car was the gills monster, side exhausts. It eats tyres very quickly. If he have India car then with gentle tyre usage and better speed, Button would have very hard task. I still think that without DRS he could still have hard task to pass Michael even with the old car.
The bad start of the season cost the team dearly. If they didn't have those cooling problems, losing time with wrong exhaust they could have better season. Some podiums(Canada one of them).

Edited by ivand911, 11 December 2011 - 14:46.

#15972 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 14:29

I'll never forget Canada, the inferior Schumacher was battling for 2nd at one point while the superior Rosberg came across the line with a broken front wing. :rotfl:

Oh come on :(

If you say things like that you're just inviting trolls to come here with the same crap and 'facts' they are posting in the Nico vs Michael Thread. And this thread has been trollfree for some time now. :p

#15973 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 15:05

And this thread has been trollfree for some time now. :p

Problem is Michael finished the season generally on a high note.

Of course the answer to that is dig up some dirt somewhere, I know I'll start a "Jos says MS cheated back in '94 thread ....

#15974 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 16:27

And do you know what he did in 1994 and 1997?

#15975 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 17:03

:rotfl: Don't forget Austria 2002 and Monaco 2006, sure that's one event every (roughly) four years!

#15976 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 17:16

:rotfl: Don't forget Austria 2002 and Monaco 2006, sure that's one event every (roughly) four years!

You forgot the hand pushing by marshals (and a guy from the public) in Germany - obvious cheating :rotfl:

#15977 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:50

Ate at McDonalds?

#15978 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:12

Ate at McDonalds?

Really? And there we have proof people... Schumacher hates animals because he eats meat.

I'll get my shotgun.

#15979 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:37

Really? And there we have proof people... Schumacher hates animals because he eats meat.

I'll get my shotgun.

That's strange, I love animals - eat as many of them as I can.

But anyway, waiting for you to tell us what he did in "'94 and '97" ...

Advertisement

#15980 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:37

And this would be the 16,000th post - amazing for an old bloke.

#15981 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,656 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:38

In '94 he was in Adelaide, in '97 he was at Albert Park! Yea I'm bored lol.

#15982 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:43

As we all know Michael Schumacher only ever competed in 4 Grand Prix. 5 if you read the 'Jos says Michael was a cheat in 1994' thread which is largely devoted to his outrageous cheating on the parade lap. And 6 if you go on youtube and discover 'what he did' at Imola 1994. Some Senna 'certainly have a very strange idea of what it is to respect their idol. :rolleyes:

The man has his faults - I have been appalled as anyone at 2 of his actions, really hurt as a fan, but for the love of god after 17 years or whatever can't people let this stuff go?

#15983 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,135 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 19:48

Of course the answer to that is dig up some dirt somewhere, I know I'll start a "Jos says MS cheated back in '94

Schumacher 94

Britain 1994:
Disqualified and banned for two races after failing to take his stop-go penalty for overtaking on the warm-up lap.

Australia 1994:
Crashed into Damon Hill to ensure victory in the 1994 WDC!
With the world championship at stake, Schumacher's Benetton slid wide and into the wall while trying to stay ahead of title rival Damon Hill's Williams.
Schumacher rejoined the track with a damaged car and Hill, who had not seen the German's error, attemped to pass him at the next corner.
Schumacher turned in on the Williams, putting both cars out of the race and sealing his first world title.
Hill wrote in a subsequent book: "There are two things that set Michael apart from the rest of the drivers in Formula One - his sheer talent and his attitude.
I am full of admiration for the former, but the latter leaves me cold."

1994 season:
Suspect software found on the Benetton that Schumacher drove
There were several instances of cheating in the 1994 Formula One season One of the main allegations surrounded the Benetton team.
The team were alleged to have been using illegal software to their advantage in races
Ayrton Senna suspicious that the Benetton car was illegal

Cheating allegations reignited in the summer of 1994, after a refueling fire on Jos Verstappen's Benetton car at the German Grand Prix.
After an investigation by Intertechnique at Benetton's team factory,
the FIA revealed that the team had been using an illegal fuel valve, without a fuel filter, that pumped fuel into the car 12.5% faster than a normal, legal fuel valve that had a filter.

#15984 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,135 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 19:54

And do you know what he did in 1997?

Europe 1997:
Drove into Jacques Villeneuve in an attempt to secure the Drivers’ Championship.

“You’ve hit the wrong part of him my friend!” said commentator Martin Brundle.

Sir Frank Williams put Villeneuve’s car on display to show the mark left by Schumacher’s tyre.

The German newspapers were among the many from across Europe that attacked Schumacher.

Bild said:
"Schumacher was to blame for the crash."
"He played for high stakes and lost everything - the World Championship and his reputation for fair play. There is no doubt that he wanted to take out Villeneuve".

The Frankfurter Allgemeine called him:
"a kamikaze without honor"

and commented that the
"monument is starting to crack because the foundations are faulty."

A German TV station asked fans for their views and received the views of 63,081 votes. 28% said they could not support Schumacher any longer.

In Italy there was widespread condemnation of Schumacher.

The daily newspaper Unita called for him to be fired by Ferrari.
"Schumacher ought to face charges in a Spanish court for the grave deed he committed"
it reported.
"The driver covered himself, Ferrari and Italian sport as a whole with shame. We are waiting for Ferrari to announce that it is throwing out Michael Schumacher and hiring a new driver who is more intelligent, has more wisdom and a real sense of morality."

La Repubblica reported that
"seeing a world title vanish after waiting 18 years is sad enough. But to see it go up in smoke with the move from Michael Schumacher is unfortunately much worse. It's shameful."

Gazzetta dello Sport said that if Ferrari had won the title it would have been
"a title to hide"

and said that it preferred to go on waiting for the day when
"our passion for Ferrari has a happy ending."

Even La Stampa, the newspaper owned by the Agnelli family, which also controlled Ferrari, said
"His image as a champion was shattered, like a glass hit by a stone."

In the British newspapers, Schumacher's manoeuvre against Damon Hill at the 1994 Australian Grand Prix was used as a comparison in many of the reports.

The Daily Mail reported that Schumacher had now
"lost the last vestige of his reputation of being a sportsman"

The Times wrote that Schumacher had
"sacrificed his reputation by an act of such cynicism that it lost him the right to any sympathy."

Ferrari hosted a press conference on the Tuesday after Jerez during which Schumacher admitted that he had made a mistake but said it was a misjudgment rather than a deliberate attempt to take out Villeneuve. "I am human like everyone else and unfortunately I made a mistake," he said. "I don't make many but I did this time."

Edited by SlateGray, 13 December 2011 - 20:00.

#15985 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 20:06

Buddy, you are a brave brave soul.....I gotta give you that.......Now, lock the gates, pull up the draw bridges and shelter the young uns inside cause I feel a tide of Schumacherites unsheathing their keyboard weaponry and descending upon thee.........

#15986 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 20:18

Buddy, you are a brave brave soul.....I gotta give you that.......Now, lock the gates, pull up the draw bridges and shelter the young uns inside cause I feel a tide of Schumacherites unsheathing their keyboard weaponry and descending upon thee.........

I guess Slate catch us in good mood. Doomsday will not happen today. Stop scare the children with MS fans. :rotfl:
P.S.: Not to forget to uncock my keyboard.

Edited by ivand911, 13 December 2011 - 20:23.

#15987 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,141 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 20:22

Lol well it is SlateGrey so probably he deserves any flak that flies his way. :kiss:

However, there's no real debate needed over what he posted, it's all quotes, the incidents did occur & certainly Europe 1997 doesn't have much to offer in defence. Anyone who jumps at that one is not being realistic imo.

Where Slatey leaves himself open to justifiable slamming is when he twists the facts & figures to suit his own agenda, whilst ignoring any positive aspect of MS at all costs.

#15988 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 20:52

@jj2728

Don't think anyone gives a crap. :p

Anyway, I keep thinking it's kinda sad how much time and attention some people give to drivers they don't even like.

Edited by Math89, 13 December 2011 - 20:53.

#15989 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 21:18

Instead of making the same post over and over again can you just insert into your signature, please?

Thanks.

#15990 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 21:30

“You’ve hit the wrong part of him my friend!” said commentator Martin Brundle.

On an inrelated note really I believe it was this quote that made people perceive the incident the way they did, I've seen other angles that make it look like Jacquez Villeneuve's fault, iirc it looked like he locked up and came together with Schumacher.

#15991 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:34

Schumacher 94

Britain 1994:
Disqualified and banned for two races after failing to take his stop-go penalty for overtaking on the warm-up lap.

Yes and that's the only thing he did wrong in 1994 and was punished very severely for it - You have no evidence or proof at all for anything else other than your own opinion which is no greater than anybody else's opinion on this board. In fact before Atlas F1 had a massive thread on the subject (Adelaide) done like a court case (one of many, don't know where they are now?) and found "a racing incident, not provable either way".

Here's a little surprise for you Slate, I was actually more of a Hill fan until that point and clearly remember saying to myself "you idiot, you had him, all you had to do was wait half a lap and you would have blown by him" - but that and more of the same in 1995 lost me with Hill.

1997, great year sadly overshadowed by a stupid incident that MS has publicly stated he regrets, he didn't win the WDC, he was dealt with by the FIA and the right guy did win the WDC so whats the issue? By the way, JV wasn't totally innocent in the incident and many think had MS not hit him he may have gone straight off, watch enough angles of it and that shows up true but everyone is too busy "shocked" at MS's move.

I think your angry cause you didn't get the 16,000 post but knowing you there will still be a chance at 17,000, 18,000 .... as you continue to spout the same dribble.

#15992 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:50

On an inrelated note really I believe it was this quote that made people perceive the incident the way they did, I've seen other angles that make it look like Jacquez Villeneuve's fault, iirc it looked like he locked up and came together with Schumacher.

Show's the level of ability and confidence to make one's own judgement when one has to use a commentator for reference, and yes, JV actually went across the grass locked up and was heading off to the outside of the track - if there was an overhead shot showing just how far off the race line they were people would still rightly criticize MS's action but not as severely.

"Michael Schumacher has stats that speak for themselves, but it is more than mere stats that make a great driver", I'd be howled at,

I'm not a follower of stats but because his stats are so far removed from the next successful drivers, to deny MS himself isn't a good deal responsible for them is denial in itself. Also the longer you are around the harder it is to keep good stats and yet ....

Michael Schumacher has won more than 10% of all the Grand Prix that have ever been run in the entire history of GP since 1950 - that stat alone must say something about his ability. Even next year with 5 other World Champions on the grid I believe he has won more races than all of them put together. I'm sure Slate will check that desperately looking for holes in people's posts :lol:

#15993 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:09

I'm a huge MSC fan....but PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEE - MSC did hit him. JV wasn't going to make the corner - MSC should have just let him sail past - but he turned in on him

#15994 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,336 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:29

Like Schumacher was the first person to take/try someone out to win a champtionship

#15995 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:13

Australia 1994 - Hill lunging for a gap that was always closing, it was such an awkward line he took. Monza '95 Hill straight into the back of Schumacher, British GP '95 Hill making a kamikazee move on Schumacher at Priory with no hope in hell of pulling it off as a result both cars are beached. 2 very stupid, stupid errors on Hill's behalf and intentional? I would very much doubt that Hill was not mentally psyched out, due to Adelaide and the comments Schumacher had made on his racing ability, because both incidents were utterly moronic.

Austria 2002 - followed by the European GP where Schumi, who finished 0.1 of a second behind Rubens, was told to maintain position despite being comfortably faster. Also followed by the Hungarian GP where Schumacher finished again within a second and again was comfortably faster than Rubens (his last few laps:- 1m19.564s, 1m19.801s, 1m20.275s, 1m16.207s, 1m20.884s, 1m19.679s. - setting the fastest lap of the race only 5 laps before the end). The point? Rubens was gifted victories by a restrained Schumacher yet bashers will always hark back to Austria without realising the extent to which Rubens was gifted too.

Monte Carlo 2006 & Jerez 1997 are two incidents that I accept can't be justified but the above 2 are very much two incidents that should not mar his career.

#15996 as65p

as65p

• 18,480 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:28

Rubens was gifted victories by a restrained Schumacher yet bashers will always hark back to Austria without realising the extent to which Rubens was gifted too.

Because it's irrelevant. Empty gestures, two wrongs don't make a right, and all that.

In fact it only made things worse, proving to what extent things were staged in the Todt era.

#15997 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:33

I'm a huge MSC fan....but PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEE - MSC did hit him. JV wasn't going to make the corner - MSC should have just let him sail past - but he turned in on him

The issue is whether this was an accident resulting from extremely hard driving defense, or premeditated attempt to take Vill. out. No one is disputing that collision have taken place. Even today when I see some blocking (from many drivers), and many times I thought that I see Jerez all over again, which si why I give give benefit of doubt. He was not as polished as he is today, and some moves were rough around edges then, which gave to perception about him as discussed today.

Edited by Sakae, 14 December 2011 - 10:33.

#15998 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:54

Because it's irrelevant. Empty gestures, two wrongs don't make a right, and all that.

In fact it only made things worse, proving to what extent things were staged in the Todt era.

I'm clearly talking in the context of Schumacher bashers. So do you agree that Anti-Schumacherites often present the "Bullied Rubens", "Only required team orders to win" & "Disgusting sportsmanship" points?

1. He did not bully Rubens, their relationship was very good whilst they were together at Ferrari.
2. Team orders were rife and are rife in F1 yet if Schumacher benefits from team orders he should be burnt at the stake but if Rubens benefits from team orders no-one says a word and it is lost in history.
3. He acknowledged he didn't deserve the victory during the press conference & during the podium, he was subject to the "maintain position" team orders himself thus gifting Barrichello 2 wins and lest we forget the Indy '02 finish. Poor sportsmanship? Nope, he went and beyond what Rubens deserved.

#15999 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:57

I'm clearly talking in the context of Schumacher bashers. So do you agree that Anti-Schumacherites often present the "Bullied Rubens", "Only required team orders to win" & "Disgusting sportsmanship" points?

1. He did not bully Rubens, their relationship was very good whilst they were together at Ferrari.
2. Team orders were rife and are rife in F1 yet if Schumacher benefits from team orders he should be burnt at the stake but if Rubens benefits from team orders no-one says a word and it is lost in history.
3. He acknowledged he didn't deserve the victory during the press conference & during the podium, he was subject to the "maintain position" team orders himself thus gifting Barrichello 2 wins and lest we forget the Indy '02 finish. Poor sportsmanship? Nope, he went and beyond what Rubens deserved.

Ruben's move in that race was a tipping point for me, when I have lost respect for him. He had several good options how to protest his treatment, and voice his disagreement with the pitwall, but he choose the most embarrassing for the teammate who most likely had no idea what will happen in the front of him in closing moments of the race, and he choose to embarrass his employer as well. This was neither smart, or character building, especially when he knew how SF team operated (and still operates).

Advertisement

#16000 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,135 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:31

In fact before Atlas F1 had a massive thread on the subject (Adelaide) done like a court case (one of many, don't know where they are now?) and found "a racing incident, not provable either way".

Sorry the court was completely invalid. One of the judges on that case was a blinkered Schumacher zealot by the name of baddog, you may recognize his postings here in the RC defending Schumacher 100% of the time and criticizing him 0% of the time. You don’t let an advocate for the accused judge the guilt or innocence of same, basic justice 101. The inherent bias and lack of objectivity on that case may be one of the reasons the court was allowed to die.