Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#16101 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 21:59

"Outrage" how OTT, a few yanks not understanding the sport and Michael happily winning the event 4 years on the trot after that.
Can't see the problem but thanks for rekindling the happy memories. :up:

Looking forward to Austin next year, would be awesome to see Michael win that one too.

So outside the U.S.A F1 fans are happy when drivers mess with the natural finishing order because they have a much better understanding of F1? Is that your point? Austria for example? :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#16102 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:00

Results should prove interesting, very clean those three and two of the three have had the distinct pleasure of besting Schumacher on the track toe to toe where it counts. Will a third season of loss at the hands of Rosberg convince the die hards of Schumacher's actual talent level?

No.

For all I care he can ride a threewheeler bike with an orange flag and a big horn on it next season. I would stil be a fan of the man.

Part of being a fan is rooting for your man even when it isn't going the way you would hope. That's what being a fan is about and is what makes it fun.

#16103 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:02

2 whingers who Schumacher over-shadowed and got under the skin of, might as well add Rubens Barrichello to that list.

Rosberg is crushing Schumacher so it cannot be him!
Gilles never raced against Schumacher so it can't be him!
Jacques beat Schumacher to the WDC the only time they both had cars capable so it can't be him!

So who exactly did Schumacher "overshadow" :lol:

#16104 Concorde

Concorde

• 782 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:04

Austria for example? :rolleyes:

Thanks, another great victory to remember. :up:

The ultimate professionalism by Jean Todt and his team.

#16105 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:08

Jacques beat Schumacher to the WDC the only time they both had cars capable so it can't be him!

You do realise that to over-shadow does not necessarily entail one driver beating the other?

#16106 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:18

You do realise that to over-shadow does not necessarily entail one driver beating the other?

So he overshadowed them by losing to them or not even driving in the same era? Please do tell how the vanquished Schumacher overshadowed the victors?

#16107 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:20

a few yanks not understanding the sport
Can't see the problem

So outside the U.S.A F1 fans are happy when drivers mess with the natural finishing order because they have a much better understanding of F1? Is that your point?

#16108 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:27

You have obviously missed sarkasm in my tone. All references listed did the same thing - maybe more tuned down, but nevertheless admitted later on. It's just that rascal Rubena made a really show out of it in Austria, and the others did not. Point was, SlateGray knows that, yet he is on Schumacher case, while conveniently ignores the others.

BTW, you are probably not too great over puzzles, are you?

Personal insults aside. yes I did miss the OBVIOUS sarcasm in your post. And you'd still better read up on your history, there have been many incidents of drivers being forced to move over and or give over their cars and have been very public in not being too happy about it....

BTW, you're not too good with your intended sarcasm....best your practice a bit before playing with the adults.....

#16109 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:31

I have no qualms with trolling you because I'm pretty sure this thread will end up a whole lot shorter once a mod takes a gander in here.

Yeah, well it's you Schumacher boys who result to insults and name calling and such and only because, as I said before, there are some of us who do NOT think he is a great driver let alone the greatest and we do NOT worship at his kneecaps.....

#16110 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 22:36

So he overshadowed them by losing to them or not even driving in the same era? Please do tell how the vanquished Schumacher overshadowed the victors?

In the case of Jacques, it was due to Schumi being a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...was Jacques still in F1 come 2004? And a 7 x WDC. Also due to Schumacher only narrowingly being beaten despite Jacques having the best car of the field in his hands. AND also due to Jacques...sorry, Schumi being able to drive in the wet.

In the case of Rosberg? Schumacher being Schumacher. 7xWDC, 40+ and still providing ample evidence that he is more than a match for young Nico and actually having won a race.

#16111 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:00

still providing ample evidence that he is more than a match for young Nico and actually having won a race.

So taking a beating from Rosberg two years in a row makes him "more then a match" for Rosberg, how do you figure ?

Up is down and black is white?

I would like to say something positive about Schumacher, like he makes a good #2 for Rosberg but Schumacher is to slow to be a good #2 so never mind that.

Any bets on next season between Rosberg and Schumacher?
I will change my avatar to one of your chooseing if Schumacher gets more points then Rosberg in 2012, if you are willing to use an avatar of my choosing if Rosberg gets more points then Schumacher for a third time in a row. Assuming both drivers start all the races, if one is hurt of otherwise not able to start every race then the bet will be off. Just total points gets the victory cuz I can't stand the if's and buts when Schumacher gets bested. What say you?

This offer is just for you DutchCruijff others need not apply!

Edited by SlateGray, 14 December 2011 - 23:10.

#16112 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,707 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:04

So taking a beating from Rosberg two years in a row makes him "more then a match" for Rosberg, how do you figure ?

I would like to say something positive about Schumacher, like he makes a good #2 for Rosberg but Schumacher is to slow to be a good #2 so never mind that.

I will change my avatar to one of your chooseing if Schumacher gets more points then Rosberg in 2012, if you are willing to use an avatar of my choosing if Rosberg gets more points then Schumacher for a third time in a row. Assuming both drivers start all the races, if one is hurt of otherwise not able to start every race then the bet will be off. Just total points gets the victory cuz I can't stand the if's and buts when Schumacher gets bested. What say you?

you're on

#16113 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:08

Have you watched the races and noticed Schumacher's edge over Rosberg in terms of race pace or do you settle down to watch Quali to prevent the pain of Rosberg inevitably falling back during the race?

I prefer the rat picture actually and I'm sure Szoelloe will have a very suitable picture once Schumacher will DEFINITELY beat Rosberg.

#16114 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:09

You must understand that some peoples' perceptions of facts can be skewed and twisted if they wish and hope long enough and don't forget that 1 + 1 = 3

#16115 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:12

Have you watched the races and noticed Schumacher's edge over Rosberg in terms of race pace or do you settle down to watch Quali to prevent the pain of Rosberg inevitably falling back during the race?

I prefer the rat picture actually and I'm sure Szoelloe will have a very suitable picture once Schumacher will DEFINITELY beat Rosberg.

The offer is only for you, no others included, are you up for it?
Perhaps we should set a time frame for using the victors avatar, the entire off season between 2012 and 2013??

Edited by SlateGray, 14 December 2011 - 23:14.

#16116 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:13

don't take it, this avatar just fits him right

#16117 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:14

The offer is only for you, no others included, are you up for it?

Yes, I do have a gripe with your picture being too small. Something has to be done about that for sure.

#16118 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:18

This offer is just for you DutchCruijff others need not apply!

You dont think Schumacher has earned enough stripes to have a lesser season? 91 wins vs zero wins Rosberg? God, Im curious how youd rate Massa vs his teammate.

#16119 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:21

Yes, I do have a gripe with your picture being too small. Something has to be done about that for sure.

So it is agreed.
If Rosberg gets more points then Schumacher you change your avatar to one of my choosing
If Schumacher gets more points then Rosberg I change my avatar to one of your choosing
On condition that:
Both drivers start every race in the 2012 season.
Tie in points = a tie and we both keep our avatars as is!

You cool with this?

:)

PS don't worry about the little rat he will not be going anywhere! ;)

Advertisement

#16120 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:22

I am cool with this.

And don't worry about the rat, it really is not going anywhere. :rotfl:

#16121 baddog

baddog

• 23,520 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:27

I will change my avatar to one of your chooseing if Schumacher gets more points then Rosberg in 2012, if you are willing to use an avatar of my choosing if Rosberg gets more points then Schumacher for a third time in a row.

Oh dude I have the BEST avatar for you. end of 2012 should be nice ;)

(Also, per your comments about me earlier.. People with a lot more independence and rational judgement than you were happy enough to accept that I put aside preconceptions in that case, which I did. I was perfectly willing to rule as the evidence presented in the case indicated whatever it showed, and did so even though the final judgement was not in line with my pre-existing view. There was also another judge who actually wrote the judgement. You however had and have no interest in an examination of the facts from an impartial angle, so stop pretending that is what you wanted.)

#16122 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:32

You dont think Schumacher has earned enough stripes to have a lesser season? 91 wins vs zero wins Rosberg? God, Im curious how youd rate Massa vs his teammate.

0 wins for Schumacher as Rosberg's teammate
0 season victories over Rosberg as teammates
Very much slower in the Q then Rosberg
More unforced errors then Rosberg

How do you see that as better?

Massa had flashes of greatness and was looking really good until he got that spring in the forhead, he has not been as good after that, Alonso is much better, does anyone doubt that?

#16123 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:33

Can't be G Villeneuve. Must be Rosberg then.

2006: MSC - ROS | 121-4
2010: MSC - ROS | 72-142
2011: MSC - ROS | 76-89

Net loss for Rosberg: 34. Autsj.

MSC - VIL, interesting. 1996, -19. 1997, -3. 1998, +65. 2000, +91. 2001, +111. 2002, +140. 2005, +53. Net loss for Villeneuve, 529. Oof matey.

Edited by Jejking, 14 December 2011 - 23:34.

#16124 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:34

....best your practice a bit before playing with the adults.....

Mate, seriously? Not trying to be funny here but you not picking up on someone's sarcasm doesn't make them bad at it and implying someone is a child is ridiculous.

Nico Erik Rosberg

You say he's one of your favourite drivers yet say him beating a team mate by 13 points is proof that said team mate is terrible, what does that make Rosberg then?

you know like illegal traction control, blocking (parking on) the track during the Q, using illegal fuel rigs and endangering everyone in the pit lane as a result ... like those examples of Schumacher's cheating.

Because he did install the traction control on the car himself didn't he? Oh and I forgot he designed the illegal fuel rig. (Incase jj2728 didn't get that, it was sarcasm.  ;) )
(Yes, I have ignored the other part of that post because you seem so fond of only replying to the bits that suit you yourself.)

#16125 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:35

Oh dude I have the BEST avatar for you. end of 2012 should be nice ;)

(Also, per your comments about me earlier.. People with a lot more independence and rational judgement than you were happy enough to accept that I put aside preconceptions in that case, which I did. I was perfectly willing to rule as the evidence presented in the case indicated whatever it showed, and did so even though the final judgement was not in line with my pre-existing view. There was also another judge who actually wrote the judgement. You however had and have no interest in an examination of the facts from an impartial angle, so stop pretending that is what you wanted.)

At the end of the day you are a Schumacher fan who should never been put into such a conflicting position, you let your bias rule, no surprise there.
As for the avatar you will have to work it out with DutchCruijff if Schumacher wins because he or she will choose the avatar

cheers

Edited by SlateGray, 14 December 2011 - 23:36.

#16126 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:37

Can't be G Villeneuve. Must be Rosberg then.

2006: MSC - ROS | 121-4
2010: MSC - ROS | 72-142
2011: MSC - ROS | 76-89

Net loss for Rosberg: 34. Autsj.

MSC - VIL, interesting. 1996, -19. 1997, -3. 1998, +65. 2000, +91. 2001, +111. 2002, +140. 2005, +53. Net loss for Villeneuve, 529. Oof matey.

2006 As temmates ?

Nice try

:lol:

#16127 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 23:41

I am cool with this.

And don't worry about the rat, it really is not going anywhere. :rotfl:

very droll :lol:

#16128 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 00:07

0 wins for Schumacher as Rosberg's teammate
0 season victories over Rosberg as teammates
Very much slower in the Q then Rosberg
More unforced errors then Rosberg

How do you see that as better?

Massa had flashes of greatness and was looking really good until he got that spring in the forhead, he has not been as good after that, Alonso is much better, does anyone doubt that?

He had the best merc finish (4th) in 2011. And looked at least equal to Rosberg in a lot of races, and in some much better. Nico does well in in qualifying and overal hes a very good driver. Vs him I believe Schumacher, at 42, is doing a stellar job, and much better vs teammate than a host of other drivers. So, saying hes too slow to be number 2 to Rosberg is a bit of unfounded bashing imo.

For the Schumacher - Rosberg thread it might be interesting to see who had the best racelaps.

Merc and Brawn seem to have faith in him and good for him. Me, Id be happy to see it go either way in 2012. Schumacher has nothing to prove anymore for me - countless superb drives - and if Rosberg does beat him over the 2012 season well good for him. I just hope Merc produces a good enough car to finally take on Red Bull, or at least trouble Mclaren and Ferrari.

#16129 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 00:11

Mate, seriously? Not trying to be funny here but you not picking up on someone's sarcasm doesn't make them bad at it and implying someone is a child is ridiculous.

Mate, seriously why don't you pick up on the point that I made in said post about how team orders have come into play in the past and sometimes in a very public manner. And maybe you should call out those who've been calling me pretty much the same, but oh, I forgot, they are all Schumacher fans....... :rolleyes: (sarcasm intended)

#16130 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 00:45

He had the best merc finish (4th) in 2011. And looked at least equal to Rosberg in a lot of races, and in some much better. Nico does well in in qualifying and overal hes a very good driver. Vs him I believe Schumacher, at 42, is doing a stellar job, and much better vs teammate than a host of other drivers. So, saying hes too slow to be number 2 to Rosberg is a bit of unfounded bashing imo.

For the Schumacher - Rosberg thread it might be interesting to see who had the best racelaps.

Merc and Brawn seem to have faith in him and good for him. Me, Id be happy to see it go either way in 2012. Schumacher has nothing to prove anymore for me - countless superb drives - and if Rosberg does beat him over the 2012 season well good for him. I just hope Merc produces a good enough car to finally take on Red Bull, or at least trouble Mclaren and Ferrari.

Merc like the money and exposure Schumacher brings.. as for the driving i hope they are not happy cuz it is not up to snuff

I hope they build a better car as well, it will however highlight Schumacher's Q deficiencies even more.

Edited by SlateGray, 15 December 2011 - 00:46.

#16131 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 00:58

Mate, seriously why don't you pick up on the point that I made in said post about how team orders have come into play in the past and sometimes in a very public manner. And maybe you should call out those who've been calling me pretty much the same, but oh, I forgot, they are all Schumacher fans....... :rolleyes: (sarcasm intended)

You are not getting it at all. Why would you pick on the incident in Austria, that for all what we know was on last minute orchestrated from pit wall, leaving Schumacher embarrassed by RB. This case was transparent, as I have pointed earlier on, and as many have done it before and after Austria, and there is no need to isolate Schumacher as the one who "needed" help. I further think it is highly disrespectful to his career as a driver who went through a lot to get seven crowns - would have eight, if there was less politics in FiA and Paddock media publicly trying to influence various decisions on Schumacher by developing undue pressure on the officials.

Edited by Sakae, 15 December 2011 - 00:58.

#16132 baddog

baddog

• 23,520 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:10

At the end of the day you are a Schumacher fan who should never been put into such a conflicting position, you let your bias rule, no surprise there.

Yes we should have found an active and committed Atlas member with no previous opinion on this topic.. lots of those about.

Its an F1 forum and the court was a bit of fun. Judges were people who were prepared to do some work for the forum in order to allow everyone to enjoy an organised debate. The judgement (which you may not have read) was not even the real point. You just can never let go of your hateful attitude on this issue which is a real shame.

#16133 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:20

You are not getting it at all. Why would you pick on the incident in Austria, that for all what we know was on last minute orchestrated from pit wall, leaving Schumacher embarrassed by RB. This case was transparent, as I have pointed earlier on, and as many have done it before and after Austria, and there is no need to isolate Schumacher as the one who "needed" help. I further think it is highly disrespectful to his career as a driver who went through a lot to get seven crowns - would have eight, if there was less politics in FiA and Paddock media publicly trying to influence various decisions on Schumacher by developing undue pressure on the officials.

First, I did not mention the incident in Austria, you did. And there is no way that it was a last minute decision to let Schumacher past RB. Ferrari would have stated as much in RB's contract, that come the time, he be requested to cede the postion to MS. If Schumacher did not need help, then why was Rubens asked to cede the position to him? As far as the rest of what you said, well I'll leave that to the conspiracy theorists to respond.....

#16134 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:28

Yes we should have found an active and committed Atlas member with no previous opinion on this topic.. lots of those about.

Its an F1 forum and the court was a bit of fun. Judges were people who were prepared to do some work for the forum in order to allow everyone to enjoy an organised debate. The judgement (which you may not have read) was not even the real point. You just can never let go of your hateful attitude on this issue which is a real shame.

Never intended to question your passion for F1 or your commitment to Atlas F1 if I have offended you I apologize unequivocally. Only the judgment, which I did read several times, do I have issue with. The basic conclusion was that it could not be proved that Schumacher acted with intent to collided with Hill and because it could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt by argument and presentation of evidence you let your hero off the hook.

Tell me baddog, the real honest truth about your feeling regarding Schumacher's intentions with that manoeuvre on Hill?
I was a hesitant fan of Schumacher at the time but that moment changed my opinion of Schumacher, future events cemented that opinion.

Edited by SlateGray, 15 December 2011 - 01:29.

#16135 baddog

baddog

• 23,520 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:51

Never intended to question your passion for F1 or your commitment to Atlas F1 if I have offended you I apologize unequivocally. Only the judgment, which I did read several times, do I have issue with. The basic conclusion was that it could not be proved that Schumacher acted with intent to collided with Hill and because it could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt by argument and presentation of evidence you let your hero off the hook.

Tell me baddog, the real honest truth about your feeling regarding Schumacher's intentions with that manoeuvre on Hill?
I was a hesitant fan of Schumacher at the time but that moment changed my opinion of Schumacher, future events cemented that opinion.

What you questioned is my honesty which is pretty much worse but hey you dont know me so why should you accept I could do something from a dispassionate perspective?

I think Hill drove like an amateur hour idiot. I think that Schumacher drove like an amateur hour idiot, and has to take the lion's share of blame because he did turn in on him. In a modern F1 context Schumacher deserved a 5 place grid penalty next race for causing an avoidable accident. We see incidents like it every couple of races.

Given that the most likely outcome of a collision was Schumacher out and Hill continuing I see no logic at all in him doing it on purpose let alone premeditating it. Closing on someone at the apex of a tight slow corner merely serves, for the most part, to put yourself off the track.

In the Atlas court case we were only permitted to judge on the evidence presented, which was bloody weak on both sides. No way the 'prosecution' made a good enough case to get a conviction for intent, not even close. I was 100% ready to rule that way I really was, but on reading all submissions it was clear no intent was proved. Sorry about that.

#16136 genespleen

genespleen

• 349 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:10

Rosberg is a quality driver, but it's very difficult to see him becoming a regular winner. Nothing I've seen in him shows that he has the 100% hunger and ruthlessness F1 success requires. After six seasons in F1, it may well be that he has plateaued.

Can we say the same about MS, in regards to his post-retirement return? Has he now redeveloped his talents to maximize what they can do in these new cars, or is there more to come. I can imagine there is, but I say this knowing I have a bias as someone who has followed his career since 1990.

Still and all, despite that bias, I just do not see Rosberg suddenly elevating himself to a whole new level of performance. He drives well, sometimes clinically well, in qualifying. But his racecraft does not stand out as remarkable in any way. And while this factor can be overrated, he does not project a team-leader persona either.

#16137 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:22

First, I did not mention the incident in Austria, you did. And there is no way that it was a last minute decision to let Schumacher past RB. Ferrari would have stated as much in RB's contract, that come the time, he be requested to cede the postion to MS. If Schumacher did not need help, then why was Rubens asked to cede the position to him? As far as the rest of what you said, well I'll leave that to the conspiracy theorists to respond.....

I give up; this is hopeless.

#16138 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:07

Merc like the money and exposure Schumacher brings.. as for the driving i hope they are not happy cuz it is not up to snuff

I hope they build a better car as well, it will however highlight Schumacher's Q deficiencies even more.

Whatever. That slow guy scored the best for Merc result than Rosberg over season 2011.

The basic conclusion was that it could not be proved that Schumacher acted with intent to collided with Hill and because it could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt by argument and presentation of evidence you let your hero off the hook.

It wasnt good, but it was still Hills judgement vs a car that was ahead at a track like Adelaide. But since you feeling all righteous, how about Hills move on Schumacher at Monza 1995? Or Hills move on Jacques Villeneuve at Hungaroring 1997? Montoya on Schumacher at Nurburgring 2003? Or his move in the tunnel of Monaco? What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Edited by TheBunk, 15 December 2011 - 04:08.

#16139 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:34

The issue is whether this was an accident resulting from extremely hard driving defense, or premeditated attempt to take Vill. out. No one is disputing that collision have taken place. Even today when I see some blocking (from many drivers), and many times I thought that I see Jerez all over again, which si why I give give benefit of doubt. He was not as polished as he is today, and some moves were rough around edges then, which gave to perception about him as discussed today.

IMO it wasn't premeditated, he initially turned way, but then turned in. It was a spur of the moment " oh sh!T I'm gonna lose the title". I'm honest, I probably would have done the same thing under that type of pressure.

Advertisement

#16140 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:38

accordingingto David Coulthard - he had a similar contract to RB (he has stated this about being out of a job had he not followed team instructions)

In fact most drivers do - it's the clause about obeying team instrucations.

the uproar over Austria was because RUBENS made it so obvious... and it involved Ferrari/MSC...

#16141 flowerdew

flowerdew

• 290 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:20

Anyone have link to this great thread , seems the justice was done. :clap:

I didn't see this answered anywhere in here (sorry if I missed it!):

Case #15 : The Collision between Hill and Schumacher at Adelaide 94

The rest of the cases are here:

The Atlas F1 Court

#16142 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:32

Schumacher says no testing hurt comeback
http://www.yallaf1.c...-hurt-comeback/
Thanks for the link flowerdew.

Guys, two pages, Really? I mean Really? Came on. I just scroll over them.

Edited by ivand911, 15 December 2011 - 08:40.

#16143 Math89

Math89

• 78 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:40

When everyone is awake, back from work or school they will add another page or two... Don't worry.

The following things will be mentioned as usual.

-Rosberg more points.
-Rosberg no victories.
-Cheating Schumacher.
-The past and how I can't get over it.
-You started it!
-No, you started it!

And Slategray will continue his holy crusade to convert the Schumacher fans into liking another driver because of you know... 1994...1997...

#16144 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:56

When everyone is awake, back from work or school they will add another page or two... Don't worry.

The following things will be mentioned as usual.

And Slategray will continue his holy crusade to convert the Schumacher fans into liking another driver because of you know... 1994...1997...

Good post, and who said that:
"-Rosberg more points.
-Rosberg no victories.
-Cheating Schumacher.
-The past and how I can't get over it.
-You started it!
-No, you started it!"

is a genius. :clap:

#16145 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:17

Mods, how about you just rename this the 'official MS bash thread' where people can post about Jerez '97 without any real desire to discuss the incident or accept that yes, even Michael Schumacher fans felt very let down, to their hearts content, and then we can have another thread to debate the current issues. And before you accuse me again of being a one-eyed fan, a thread where it would be perfectly acceptable to say that Nico is a faster driver in qualifying and quite a talent, and Michael isn't quite as quick at his peak, and to pick at his mistakes over the races and have a look at whats going on with his current form.

Because trying to have a current thread to discuss racing is impossible when it keeps being cluttered with rubbish from 17 years ago. There is no genuine intention to have a debate or discuss these issues - if there was it would perhaps be fair enough - they are only being posted to wind people up. As admitted by some of the people making the posts.

#16146 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:10

Mods, how about you just rename this the 'official MS bash thread' where people can post about Jerez '97 without any real desire to discuss the incident or accept that yes, even Michael Schumacher fans felt very let down, to their hearts content, and then we can have another thread to debate the current issues. And before you accuse me again of being a one-eyed fan, a thread where it would be perfectly acceptable to say that Nico is a faster driver in qualifying and quite a talent, and Michael isn't quite as quick at his peak, and to pick at his mistakes over the races and have a look at whats going on with his current form.

Because trying to have a current thread to discuss racing is impossible when it keeps being cluttered with rubbish from 17 years ago. There is no genuine intention to have a debate or discuss these issues - if there was it would perhaps be fair enough - they are only being posted to wind people up. As admitted by some of the people making the posts.

Plenty of threads about racing.....this topic is about Michael Schumacher and some of us who voice intent to have a debate or discussion get shouted down, so the winding up bit is made all the easier. toughen up buttercup.....

#16147 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:29

I would actually like to see this thread renamed Michael Schumacher, instead of Michael Schumacher (merged)

It was merged years ago now, and look untidy.

Just saying. :)

#16148 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:35

accordingingto David Coulthard - he had a similar contract to RB (he has stated this about being out of a job had he not followed team instructions)

In fact most drivers do - it's the clause about obeying team instrucations.

the uproar over Austria was because RUBENS made it so obvious... and it involved Ferrari/MSC...

Yea if anything, it was Rubens fault for sure

Ferrari were a bit silly to ask because the championship was mostly secure already but still, i would point blame to Rubens

#16149 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,433 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:04

2006 As temmates ?

Nice try

:lol:

So much for comparing apples with oranges then :D Of course it MUST be true and realistic when you say a driver, who came back at his old day after three years of zero F1, must beat his teammate with 80+ points in 2012 to get equal status, now I know where your flawed POV comes from :rotfl: :rotfl:

#16150 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,116 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 13:13

So much for comparing apples with oranges then :D Of course it MUST be true and realistic when you say a driver, who came back at his old day after three years of zero F1, must beat his teammate with 80+ points in 2012 to get equal status, now I know where your flawed POV comes from :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's Slatey's modus operandi.

What can be applied negatively against MS is always fair to bring to the table. Anything that mitigates from his mistakes is to be ignored. Anything that can downplay his talents or achievements will be twisted to show MS in a poor light.

Then he can claim that the MS fans are myopic when they react to his incessant, repetitive trolling.

There's only 1 problem with this thread now, and it's clear who it is. Notice he's stopped the Senna was an angel BS now? All down to the slaughter of him & his credibility that followed. Seriously, all he's got is ridiculous claims that can easily be disproved, or rehashing old history with a current twist, events that true fans acknowledge and don't attempt to gloss over.

I mean, if your best point is along the lines of - well he's 42 & can't compete with a guy who's regarded as a damn good driver after a 3 year hiatus and I'm ignoring the narrowing of the gap during 2011 this proves he's always been shit - then you can't really be taken for anything more than a clueless mug despite your claims of watching F1 since 1977.

Edited by MightyMoose, 15 December 2011 - 13:15.