Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#16501 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:13

Rosberg will get respect when he does something other than lead Friday Practice. At the moment he's still 91 wins behind Michael.

Well he got the respect of Mercedes who gave him a new multi-year contract and the respect of Ferrari who showed interest in him, he's also beat Schumacher these past 2 seasons. If Rosberg is not a driver too be respected then it surely shows that Schumacher is being employed just on past reputation.

Advertisement

#16502 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:15

I have to say that it (a) he did cheat, it was intentional not a "sudden reflex" as he showed no remorse whatsoever after the incident & (b) not really but it has, for me, left an unjustifiable stain on his career. Certains incidents i.e. Adelaide & Austria can be justified, Rascasse just can't, it was a really cheap error especially after everything.

#16503 sharo

sharo

• 1,790 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:17

I have to say that it (a) he did cheat, it was intentional not a "sudden reflex" as he showed no remorse whatsoever after the incident & (b) not really but it has, for me, left an unjustifiable stain on his career. Certains incidents i.e. Adelaide & Austria can be justified, Rascasse just can't, it was a really cheap error especially after everything.

You are free to think whatever you like. But don't try to hijack the thread with questions like the one above.

#16504 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,413 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:18

The Monaco of 2006 "gate" had no effect on the championship.... We all know that if Schu won Japan, it was his.

#16505 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:23

Of course we can then assume that from where you sit you are in position to know that he had other options, and in premediated fashion he decided to play evil. Forgive me, but I am very much in doubt of that.

Edited by Sakae, 09 January 2012 - 17:24.

#16506 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:24

You are free to think whatever you like. But don't try to hijack the thread with questions like the one above.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's the off-season, I'm a MS fan, I'm instigating debate, I'm answering questions of my own, so I believe you're very much mistaken.

#16507 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:27

Of course we can then assume that from where you sit you are in position to know that he had other options, and in premediated fashion he decided to play evil. Forgive me, but I am very much in doubt of that.

Of course he had other options, just like he exercised those options for the other 287 qualifying sessions. Premediated as in before Quali session? Not sure. Intentional as in knew what he was going to do/doing whilst entering/exiting the corner? Yes.

#16508 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:27

The Monaco of 2006 "gate" had no effect on the championship.... We all know that if Schu won Japan, it was his.

For sure, but my question is rather of his image rather than any sporting consequences.

#16509 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:31

You don't like my attitude?

Apparently a lot don't but it must be us I guess

Or put me on your ignore list

Your first quality post.

#16510 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:32

I find it hard to understand how can people compare a 7 time WDC and arguably the best driver in F1 history with a driver like Rosberg who haven't won anything yet.

Rosberg's never had the car to win anything having only ever had the 4th best car

Exactly. Nico is very good and certainly not a mediocre driver as many people thinks. There is no doubt he has proven himself in the lower/midfield teams and gained a lot of experience while still being quite young and he even managed a few podiums in 2010. But great qualifier? don't think so. In qualifying Niko will always put the midfield car where it should be. But i don't think he would be getting pole in a top car. Because qualifying in 4th row under no pressure and qualifying in front row under extreme pressure is two completely different thing. And he does tend to make mistakes under pressure. And he also lacks race craft.

No, this is funny.

Mika had the speed; he always did; as we saw in 1993 and 1994. Nico does not have that kind of speed.

Back in 2007 after being repeatedly humiliated by Rosberg in qualifying, Alexander Wurz put forward the opinion that Rosberg was the best qualifier in F1

The 'greatest' will always be a matter of subjective opinion, though most of us would draw up a pretty similar top 10. I'm a huge fan of (the old) Michael, but there's no way I can be certain he's better than Lang, Rosemeyer, Fangio, Clark, etc - or even Senna, Prost and Co. What I do know, as TifosiMac says, is that he was little short of mesmerizing from around 1992-2002, and only someone too young to remember or wilfully obtuse would claim he was an average driver in hyper cars.

On the subject of Mika, he's the only guy from 94-04 that I felt could match Michael over a single lap; some of their turn-taking qualifying duels were absolutely epic.

#16511 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:34

Of course he had other options, just like he exercised those options for the other 287 qualifying sessions. Premediated as in before Quali session? Not sure. Intentional as in knew what he was going to do/doing whilst entering/exiting the corner? Yes.

Hmm, I will need to talk to you about my betting choices, because you have a gift that I am lacking. I have no clue what Michael was thinking about.

#16512 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:42

Hmm, I will need to talk to you about my betting choices, because you have a gift that I am lacking. I have no clue what Michael was thinking about.

Are you able to give me a brief idea as to what he is thinking 3 seconds in when he's taking that line? Because if you can't, you're lacking in numerous other attributes too.

#16513 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:49

Are you able to give me a brief idea as to what he is thinking 3 seconds in when he's taking that line? Because if you can't, you're lacking in numerous other attributes too.

So now we are resorting to personal insults? You know what, I do not need to discuss it with you, because you are pretty much determined to have it your way regardless whatever I shall say, including your total disregard steering movement attempts which should have taken him away from the wall. But it dosen't matter anymore.

Edited by Sakae, 09 January 2012 - 17:50.

#16514 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 17:53

Two important factors:-

1. The line he takes into the corner
2. His steering movement attempts which took him TOWARDS the wall.

It's a true fact, you're lacking from numerous attributes, for example, the ability to take an impartial view.

#16515 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:00

How can you claim he did have equally strong opponents during time, is also a reasonable question?

No, it's not and it's not a very high quality notion either.

Go and count how many Kart clubs there are, how many Formula Ford drivers there are, how many Formula 3 drivers there are and so on and so on - the magnitude of scale of how many drivers want to get to F1 is staggering yet only a small group get there on skill alone and they are the very, very best of many thousands...

... and you're going to sit there are state that over a 10 year plus period of time all of who made it to F1 were just ordinary?

No way - every now and then a driver appears that for some reason is a little bit special, Schumacher, Hakkinen and Alonso through that period and we see it in now with the arrival of Hamilton and Vettle.

#16516 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:02

To answer your question - No, and anyone who thinks he would have managed the situation differently is playing Monday morning quarterback. Situation unfolds differently in an armchair looking backwards, the same on the pitwall, and when you are in the car, making split second decisions. Some journalists simply live in destruction, scorch land mode for majority of their lives, so it seems.

Are you seriously saying that anyone who claims they wouldn't blatantly cheat to win is a liar? Not all of us reside at that end of the moral spectrum you know.

Your last sentence really sums up why some of the Schumy Loonies get such a hard time and I am differentiating the fanatics from the mere fans here. The man blatantly cheats to the extent that he is even punished for it and your response is to have a go at the journalists for criticising him? How dare they criticise your favourite driver, they simply must be racists!

#16517 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:04

How do you hijack a thread titled "Michael Schumacher, Man, Machine and his Racing Craft" by discussing the past driving of Michael Schumacher?

#16518 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:08

No, it's not and it's not a very high quality notion either.

Go and count how many Kart clubs there are, how many Formula Ford drivers there are, how many Formula 3 drivers there are and so on and so on - the magnitude of scale of how many drivers want to get to F1 is staggering yet only a small group get there on skill alone and they are the very, very best of many thousands...

... and you're going to sit there are state that over a 10 year plus period of time all of who made it to F1 were just ordinary?

No way - every now and then a driver appears that for some reason is a little bit special, Schumacher, Hakkinen and Alonso through that period and we see it in now with the arrival of Hamilton and Vettle.

Next year there will be 6 world champions on the grid and at a rough count 11 race winners. At one point in 94 there were 0 world champions and a mere 3 race winners and one of those was Schumacher!

Not just that but last year there were 4 world champions and six race winners in the 6 fastest cars on the track. Thats a bit tougher to win that just Hill Vs Schumacher every weekend.

Edited by Boing 2, 09 January 2012 - 18:10.

#16519 krea

krea

• 714 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:13

Next year there will be 6 world champions on the grid and at a rough count 11 race winners. At one point in 94 there were 0 world champions and a mere 3 race winners.

and?

in 2007 was Alonso the only WDC on track... the year was full with bad drivers?

Not just that but last year there were 4 world champions and six race winners in the 6 fastest cars on the track. Thats a bit tougher to win that just Hill Vs Schumacher every weekend.

there is no logic in your post.

the number of drivers with WDC said nothing about the quality of the driverfield, only in the last years more differnt driver won a title.

Edited by krea, 09 January 2012 - 18:16.

Advertisement

#16520 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:19

Well here you go again - how you can claim that drivers who drove alonside Schumacher were lesser drivers than those who raced after or before his (first) carreer was launched? On what basis you make that claim other than your subjective opinion? BTW, I am old enough to remember my time at the track to see Michael racing with Senna and Prost, and I am satisfied with his top level driving.

The main problem for me with Schumacher is the quality of the teammates

Its the tendency of him to cheat/drive in an unfair manner that caused me to never really take to him although i never doubted his abilty and tended me to think well he's the best out there anyways so he should be WDC

#16521 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:25

and?

in 2007 was Alonso the only WDC on track... the year was full with bad drivers?

there is no logic in your post.

the number of drivers with WDC said nothing about the quality of the driverfield, only in the last years more differnt driver won a title.

2007 the top 4 results were 110, 109, 109, 94 points.

1994 the top 4 results were 92, 91, 41, 26 points. (with the leader disqualified from 4 races)

I think its fair to say that the logical conclusion was that there was more competition for the 07 title.

Edited by Boing 2, 09 January 2012 - 18:29.

#16522 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:27

Next year there will be 6 world champions on the grid and at a rough count 11 race winners. At one point in 94 there were 0 world champions and a mere 3 race winners and one of those was Schumacher!

And?? :confused:

I can only answer that by saying you just don't know much about those eras of which you speak.

The man blatantly cheats to the extent that he is even punished for it

???? WTF is that? WTF does that mean?

#16523 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:33

And?? :confused:

I can only answer that by saying you just don't know much about those eras of which you speak.

The logic is fairly simple, try re-reading it more slowly? Don't know what else i can say. :confused:

???? WTF is that? WTF does that mean?

All I can offer is my sincerest sympathies for your condition and this.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Good luck.

#16524 krea

krea

• 714 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:35

2007 the top 4 results were 110, 109, 109, 94 points.

1994 the top 4 results were 92, 91, 41, 26 points. (with the leader disqualified from 4 races)

I think its fair to say that the logical conclusion was that there was more competition for the 07 title.

is not a logical conlusion

you can't say nothing about the quality of the driverfield if you just compare the points gap.

#16525 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:39

he showed no remorse whatsoever after the incident

?? There must be something in the air tonight, is there a full moon by chance?

You may be amazed at this Mate but I also show no remorse when I have done nothing wrong - did you happen to see any of his interviews afterwards, did you see his seething anger just after the punishment announcement, did you see him trying to get reverse after he bumped the wall, did you see the frustration in his hands after he bumped the wall trying to get Marshalls to help ....

If it was intentional why did he try to do anything when he came to a stop, why not just get out of the car immediately?

Hey, I accept the decision of the Umpire, that's the way I've been raised, shame a bunch here can't do the same in other cases.

You guys have any comments on his other 280+ races or is half a dozen "questionable" ones satisfactory for you to make judgements?

#16526 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:43

The logic is fairly simple, try re-reading it more slowly? Don't know what else i can say. :confused:

Apparently a few other posters are confused by your posts as well, maybe you should review them yourself?

#16527 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:44

is not a logical conlusion

you can't say nothing about the quality of the driverfield if you just compare the points gap.

Depend on what you're discussing, the level of driving talent or the actual competition for the title? you could have a grid full of talent but if thay all have crap cars there's no competition for the title. That's why last year was so immense, 6 bloody good drivers in 6 race winning cars. There may have been fast guys in the mid nineties like Hakkinnen and Alesi but they were in poor machinery and therefore no threat or competition for the title.

#16528 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:49

Depend on what you're discussing, the level of driving talent or the actual competition for the title? you could have a grid full of talent but if thay all have crap cars there's no competition for the title. That's why last year was so immense, 6 bloody good drivers in 6 race winning cars. There may have been fast guys in the mid nineties like Hakkinnen and Alesi but they were in poor machinery and therefore no threat or competition for the title.

Well, Alesi got to swap cars with Michael and it didn't do him much good.

#16529 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:50

?? There must be something in the air tonight, is there a full moon by chance?

You may be amazed at this Mate but I also show no remorse when I have done nothing wrong - did you happen to see any of his interviews afterwards, did you see his seething anger just after the punishment announcement, did you see him trying to get reverse after he bumped the wall, did you see the frustration in his hands after he bumped the wall trying to get Marshalls to help ....

If it was intentional why did he try to do anything when he came to a stop, why not just get out of the car immediately?

Hey, I accept the decision of the Umpire, that's the way I've been raised, shame a bunch here can't do the same in other cases.

You guys have any comments on his other 280+ races or is half a dozen "questionable" ones satisfactory for you to make judgements?

Michael is a smart guy, you're a smart guy, do you expect him to cheat in front of the world without acting? Without trying to show urgency?

Again, check the line he takes into the corner & his steering wheel movement towards the wall. He cheated and I'm extremely surprised there are people who are defending him.

#16530 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:03

2004 Rascasse

2006 Rascasse

Posted Image

The man's not even trying to get on the right line. I call shenanigans.

Edited by Boing 2, 09 January 2012 - 19:29.

#16531 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:04

Well, Alesi got to swap cars with Michael and it didn't do him much good.

I didn't think Alesi raced the 95 Bennetton? :confused:

#16532 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:05

Michael is a smart guy, you're a smart guy, do you expect him to cheat in front of the world without acting? Without trying to show urgency?

Again, check the line he takes into the corner & his steering wheel movement towards the wall. He cheated and I'm extremely surprised there are people who are defending him.

I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make; there was an enormous thread on this at the time, and you're (supposedly) an MS fan, so why the great urge to drag it up now?

And no, I'm not defending him, just curious.

#16533 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:10

I didn't think Alesi raced the 95 Bennetton? :confused:

Oh please, don't be obtuse. Either it was a mighty big coincidence or Michael was making the difference.

#16534 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:14

Does that include forcing the wheel as hard as he can with 2 hands to the right trying to miss the wall at the end does it?

Here's what actually happened, the rears locked, he got very sideways, correction on, car straightens up, turns right again on the marbles, feels tail start to move again, corrects for a bare moment but no slide happens, turns full right again but has run out of room.

The killer for you is the force he used with his left hand at the very end instinctively trying to get that wheel that was on the lock stops around even further around when that wall was drawing in.

I have an interesting idea, I know a body language expert (police force) here who doesn't understand English and wouldn't know FA about F1 and nothing about this incident - I might see if I can arrange for him to watch the interviews and make a judgement.

FWIW I am not a big Senna fan but I have defended him from the moment he and Prost connected at Japan (the first time, both McLarens) - because he was not at fault and nothing to do with idol'ism.

#16535 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:17

Oh please, don't be obtuse. Either it was a mighty big coincidence or Michael was making the difference.

I could show the tape again where Flavio stands up in front of Berger and Alesi and states to the audience that Schumacher is the best driver out there :lol:

#16536 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:26

There are many options to choose from, In 95 Hill fell apart and threw away race wins and Coulthard showed little willingness to engage Schumacher (a la Hockenhiem) maybe the 96 Williams with 96 spec Hill and Villeneuve was a stronger competitor than 95 and didn't leave as many gaps open. Maybe Bennetton was less competitive, we know they lost their tech team midway through the season. Maybe Schumacher was a better driver than Alesi, I certainly wouldn't deny that he was far from complete. (The 97 Bennetton was yet another disaster from the pen of Nick Worth so lets leave that one alone.)

Maybe the truth is a mixture of all three but the point you seem to be trying to make is that Alesi had a good enough car in 94/95 to compete for the title but was just aced by Schumacher as a driver. If that's the case I need to point out that Alesi had 8 DNF's in 95, one more even than Schumachers abysmal 96 with 7 DNF's (his career worst) He had 6 DNF's in 94 from 14 races. To say it was Alesi's failure to compete for the 94/95 titles is like saying it was Schumachers failure he didn't compete in 96.

Edited by Boing 2, 09 January 2012 - 19:34.

#16537 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:33

Does that include forcing the wheel as hard as he can with 2 hands to the right trying to miss the wall at the end does it?

Here's what actually happened, the rears locked, he got very sideways, correction on, car straightens up, turns right again on the marbles, feels tail start to move again, corrects for a bare moment but no slide happens, turns full right again but has run out of room.

The killer for you is the force he used with his left hand at the very end instinctively trying to get that wheel that was on the lock stops around even further around when that wall was drawing in.

I have an interesting idea, I know a body language expert (police force) here who doesn't understand English and wouldn't know FA about F1 and nothing about this incident - I might see if I can arrange for him to watch the interviews and make a judgement.

FWIW I am not a big Senna fan but I have defended him from the moment he and Prost connected at Japan (the first time, both McLarens) - because he was not at fault and nothing to do with idol'ism.

Is it normal if you're trying to pretend to crash with an onboard camera watching you, to drive straight into a wall without moving the wheel?

Could you give me a screengrab of this moment where Schumacher is "very sideways" because it seems to have been edited out of the movie links I provided (probably by 'haters', those little monkeys!)

#16538 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,796 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:40

Your first quality post.

Yeah? Well that gives me one more quality post than you...... :rolleyes:

#16539 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,734 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:44

The man's not even trying to get on the right line. I call shenanigans.

I don't think there are many people alive who would disagree with that being deliberate. Ross Brawn is the only person to my knowledge that has insinuated it was a deliberate tactic when he was interviewed when he first went to Honda. He said behind the scenes Michael was remorseful, and if I had the article I'd share it. Anyway thats an incident that he would not be proud of but there are plenty where he showed his greatness IMO.

Advertisement

#16540 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,796 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:55

I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make; there was an enormous thread on this at the time, and you're (supposedly) an MS fan, so why the great urge to drag it up now?
And no, I'm not defending him, just curious.

I'm curious too because now we have infighting amongst the Schumacher fans.....
This whole thread is gonna implode....
Hilarious.....keep it coming gang....... :rotfl:

#16541 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 20:12

Are you seriously saying that anyone who claims they wouldn't blatantly cheat to win is a liar? Not all of us reside at that end of the moral spectrum you know.

All my life I deal with strict facts and rule of evidence. Unfortunately mere thought process seems to be good enough substitute in here for any decent analytical approach. At the end I am not certain what it is your are saying as it pertains to Monaco incident, other then giving me a lesson in morals.

I can assure you that other than a personal opinion I do not have any definite understanding regarding of any incident on the track, and it is for that reason alone, I am also not the one running around while using derisive language directed towards Schumacher. Maybe you have data on state of the equipment, interviewed Schumacher, talked to pitwall engineer, check the trajectories, and at the conclusion it is your expert judgement that Schumacher choosed poor option out of several available to him. I would appreciate if you have done all of that before you posted in here, but then, for some reason I doubt that you bothered. Your feelings are good enough (you think).

#16542 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 20:19

Now explain his extremely wayward entry.

#16543 DS27

DS27

• 1,092 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 20:51

Yeah? Well that gives me one more quality post than you...... :rolleyes:

I bet your dad's bigger than his as well.

#16544 sharo

sharo

• 1,790 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 21:02

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's the off-season, I'm a MS fan, I'm instigating debate, I'm answering questions of my own, so I believe you're very much mistaken.

Off-season or not, those are things of the past.
2006 Monaco is not different than Monaco 2010. Both penalties were sucked out of FIA's fingers on dubious grounds.

#16545 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,413 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 21:25

There are many options to choose from, In 95 Hill fell apart and threw away race wins and Coulthard showed little willingness to engage Schumacher (a la Hockenhiem) maybe the 96 Williams with 96 spec Hill and Villeneuve was a stronger competitor than 95 and didn't leave as many gaps open. Maybe Bennetton was less competitive, we know they lost their tech team midway through the season. Maybe Schumacher was a better driver than Alesi, I certainly wouldn't deny that he was far from complete. (The 97 Bennetton was yet another disaster from the pen of Nick Worth so lets leave that one alone.)

Maybe the truth is a mixture of all three but the point you seem to be trying to make is that Alesi had a good enough car in 94/95 to compete for the title but was just aced by Schumacher as a driver. If that's the case I need to point out that Alesi had 8 DNF's in 95, one more even than Schumachers abysmal 96 with 7 DNF's (his career worst) He had 6 DNF's in 94 from 14 races. To say it was Alesi's failure to compete for the 94/95 titles is like saying it was Schumachers failure he didn't compete in 96.

Michael would have won the 1996 and 1997 titles if he stayed with Benetton.... Brawn and Byrne were there in 1996; and probaly would have stayed in 1997. So, Schu would have been a four time WDC by the end of 1997. It had the same engine as the Williams; and we know Schu was the man to beat no matter what from 1995-1998.

#16546 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 21:26

Monaco 2010 was bullshit penalty. I was so mad, because i thought "Green flag, race". :mad:

#16547 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 21:41

Off-season or not, those are things of the past.
2006 Monaco is not different than Monaco 2010. Both penalties were sucked out of FIA's fingers on dubious grounds.

So I can't discuss things of the past to answers questions of my own?

#16548 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 21:49

So I can't discuss things of the past to answers questions of my own?

Do you want this thread to turn into an flamewar?

#16549 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 22:07

Do you want this thread to turn into an flamewar?

No, as I specifically stated that the question to be for Schumacher fans to avoid a flamewar.

#16550 spa08

spa08

• 615 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 22:13

Michael would have won the 1996 and 1997 titles if he stayed with Benetton.... Brawn and Byrne were there in 1996; and probaly would have stayed in 1997. So, Schu would have been a four time WDC by the end of 1997. It had the same engine as the Williams; and we know Schu was the man to beat no matter what from 1995-1998.

Nice to imagine but very doubtful