Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#16701 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:18

Webber didn't outrace Vettel once this year, Schumacher certainly did Nico!

Advertisement

#16702 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:47

Lewis did a little joke with MS. I hope this year he will have to leave one car width in the corners for MS to overtake him.

#16703 schubacca

schubacca

• 796 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 15:24

Andrew Benson really seems to have it in for MS.

Of course he hides behind journalist impartiality, however, whenever he gets a chance to deliver a sideways blow to MS he does....

Rational MS fans know that MS is not what he was. We also know that he is still better than the majority of F1 drivers on the grid. We also know that he is more or less on the same footing as his team mate at the moment.

Benson should start railing on LH a little, or MW, or FM.... He wont do that because that would mean that he has to hold his favorites to the same standards that he criticizes MS.

Pathetic....

#16704 schubacca

schubacca

• 796 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 15:34

The problem with "Schumi got stronger at the end of 2011" is that there is no proof whatsoever he was indeed getting stronger. Actually there is a proof he was getting weaker, as he couldn't repeat in the second half of the year his display from Malaysia, where he trashed teammate. All year they were more or less on the same pace (by that I mean within 3 tenths) with few dominant races from Nico.

I've searched and except posts from Schumi fans I didn't find anything which could be classified as well documented. What would be welcome is article or even simple quotes from respected journalist or someone from F1 paddock, which would explain why car built according to 2012 rules will be more suitable to Schumi's needs.

Mmmmmmmm, but will you at least agree that MS was stronger in 2011 than he was in 2010?

If you require documentation, it can be found in the points scored in 2010 vs. 2011.

72 vs. 76

Also we can see the point disparity between MS and NR diminish in 2011

2010 NR (142) MS (72)
2011 NR (89) MS (76)

I could plot a graph but....... I think that the line is going up....

I agree that MS got weaker in the last 1/19th of the season.;)

Stats....

#16705 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 15:51

I've searched and except posts from Schumi fans I didn't find anything which could be classified as well documented. What would be welcome is article or even simple quotes from respected journalist or someone from F1 paddock, which would explain why car built according to 2012 rules will be more suitable to Schumi's needs.

Well there it is, you're simply lazy, go find it all yourself - I think maybe you take your "Mastah" nick literally :lol:

Journalists are no more than spectators like forum members with a cross range of knowledge and in fact there's more to be seen on a TV screen than there is trackside.

#16706 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 19:27

"but still he has no chance against Rosberg.

“Schumacher will have to admit that, with an age over 40, it’s impossible to beat a young driver on the level of Rosberg.”

If at least you watched last season carefully, as Gerhard certainly didn't, he matched Rosberg and in actual fact really did beat him. To say he has no chance? Extremely desperate & bullshit.

Fair enough, I agree that Berger's opinion is strong, but it is just his opinion. I hope he's wrong.

I agree Michael showed much improvement between 2010 and 2011, but can't agree that he beat Nico. Those unfortunate accidents took their toll on his points, and despite his at times pleasing race pace the quali pace was still a concern.

Saying Schumi has no chance is wrong, saying that it will be very hard for Michael to beat Nico over the season I still think is a fair comment. If Schumi can sort out his quali all could change, but if that 0.3-4s gap is there in Q3 in Melbourne I reckon its gonna be very tough.

Edited by spacekid, 01 February 2012 - 19:28.

#16707 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 19:40

Why is everyone infatuated with his Qualifying pace? If he turns up with the goods on Sunday, precisely what difference does it make with a car like the W02? If he somehow qualifies in front of Ferrari, he inevitably fall back in the race. It's quite clear, and rightly so, his focus is on Sunday which is precisely, for me anyway, he has been a better driver than Nico in 2011.

#16708 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 19:45

Why is everyone infatuated with his Qualifying pace? If he turns up with the goods on Sunday, precisely what difference does it make with a car like the W02? If he somehow qualifies in front of Ferrari, he inevitably fall back in the race. It's quite clear, and rightly so, his focus is on Sunday which is precisely, for me anyway, he has been a better driver than Nico in 2011.

Well for me track position. There have been too many times he's qualified a few places lower than Nico and subsequently got tangled up with a Petrov or a Senna. And it isn't just the ultimate quali lap, its the way he often has to burn an extra set of softs to feel 'safe' in Q1 when Nico gets comfortably through on only 1 set of hard tyres. These things add up to make life harder than it should, and I'm certain its just because he's lost a bit of pace rather than a fundamental set up choice for the race. It just costs too much to have been a strategy choice all through the season to sacrifice quali pace.

#16709 black magic

black magic

• 3,855 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 19:46

is there any point which gerhard makes that we can disagree with?

I am an unashameably a huge fan of michael but I cant see him go beyond his current contract unless somehow the car is at the front of the grid much as I have enjoyed his return, truth is he is not the dominant force despite the fact that he has justified his return in terms of performance.

no he has not disgraced himself and in many ways one of the most successful comings out of retirement we have seen in any sport given the premium on physical performance and the level of competition in which he finds himself.

#16710 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 20:04

Well for me track position. There have been too many times he's qualified a few places lower than Nico and subsequently got tangled up with a Petrov or a Senna. And it isn't just the ultimate quali lap, its the way he often has to burn an extra set of softs to feel 'safe' in Q1 when Nico gets comfortably through on only 1 set of hard tyres. These things add up to make life harder than it should, and I'm certain its just because he's lost a bit of pace rather than a fundamental set up choice for the race. It just costs too much to have been a strategy choice all through the season to sacrifice quali pace.

Fair comments, but I feel pushing yourself to the extreme in Qualifying with the W02 is more of a detriment than an advantage hence MS>Nico in races had it not been for certain avoidable incidents.

#16711 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 20:17

is there any point which gerhard makes that we can disagree with?

I am an unashameably a huge fan of michael but I cant see him go beyond his current contract unless somehow the car is at the front of the grid much as I have enjoyed his return, truth is he is not the dominant force despite the fact that he has justified his return in terms of performance.

no he has not disgraced himself and in many ways one of the most successful comings out of retirement we have seen in any sport given the premium on physical performance and the level of competition in which he finds himself.

A really big part of me wants to see Michael continue to see just how far he can take this thing - so long as he stays 'competitive', which I believe he still is at the moment. To be mixing it up with kids nearly half his age is impressive in any sport. Even sports like golf and snooker see the older guys finding it impossbile to keep up with the kids, they just seem to lose focus and drive and hence ability. Not Michael. And he may still have some improvements in him if the style of car and tyres comes towards him a bit.

#16712 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 20:18

Fair comments, but I feel pushing yourself to the extreme in Qualifying with the W02 is more of a detriment than an advantage hence MS>Nico in races had it not been for certain avoidable incidents.

Yeah thats what the season came down to really - Michael looked more likely to either get the big result or get caught up in a silly incident because he was out of position from the start. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on how much that came down to a clear set up choice or just a bit of talent leakage.

Put it this way - for me there's room for improvement and I hope he can make the gains!

Edited by spacekid, 01 February 2012 - 20:20.

#16713 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,783 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 20:19

And here I am thinking that Schumacher's lack of pace in qualifying was due to a conspiracy by Mercedes to prohibit him from qualifying higher than Nico when all this time it's been that qualifying higher on the grid is a detriment instead of an advantage. Then maybe, if they really want to challenge for race wins in 2012 they should either start form the very back of the grid or the pit lane.

#16714 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 21:01

Lewis did a little joke with MS. I hope this year he will have to leave one car width in the corners for MS to overtake him.

Hamilton asked if it's difficult to leave the mandatory car-width when defending position: "Not for us. Maybe for Michael Schumacher.

Bit rich coming from Lewis.

#16715 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,304 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 21:09

And here I am thinking that Schumacher's lack of pace in qualifying was due to a conspiracy by Mercedes to prohibit him from qualifying higher than Nico when all this time it's been that qualifying higher on the grid is a detriment instead of an advantage. Then maybe, if they really want to challenge for race wins in 2012 they should either start form the very back of the grid or the pit lane.

:lol:

You have to admit, though, the place to be on the grid last year was usually either at the very front or towards the back. If you got caught in the middle, which was something like 6th-14th considering quali format (and accounting for HRT, Virgin, etc.) you generally tended to end up just behind guys that were difficult to overtake but also just ahead of the guys with all the extra sets of fresh tyres. Of course, it also depended on the track, but it typically wasn't a good place to be last year. :well: I have a feeling that with softer tyres, things will be much the same this year, which is why Mercedes needs to build a car that can safely hoist them above the likes of Renault and Force India and put them in contention with Ferrari/Macca on the odd occasion--and why Schumacher needs to up his game in qualifying.

#16716 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 21:16

And every time the right answer is very fast car. I will just enjoy it, no matter what. If first 4 teams(with MGP) will be in 0,5sec, will be dream come true for me. Every weekend new favorite.

#16717 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 21:24

Funny how Benson keeps presenting himself as the all knowing oak.

I tip Schumacher for a win in 2012, the first for Merc.

#16718 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,661 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 22:02

Hamilton asked if it's difficult to leave the mandatory car-width when defending position: "Not for us. Maybe for Michael Schumacher.

:rotfl: nooo waaaay, is this true? Guy has a sense of humour, got to admit a great dig, if true.

#16719 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,886 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 22:12

Not surprised about the Lewis comment, that guy is very arrogant and has a chip on his shoulder the size of a house.

Advertisement

#16720 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,725 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 23:03

Right people What do we expect from Schumi in 2012 if he's given a car that can stick with RBR, McLaren & Ferrari ?

#16721 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 23:16

Aggression, very good race pace, a closer qualifying pace to Nico and some awesome attacking/defending. Probably a spectacular win in there somewhere.

#16722 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,886 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 23:23

Aggression, very good race pace, a closer qualifying pace to Nico and some awesome attacking/defending. Probably a spectacular win in there somewhere.

This ^^

Although if by some miracle the W03 was as competitive as the RB, I'd dearly love him to chase for another title.

Edited by Longtimefan, 01 February 2012 - 23:24.

#16723 baddog

baddog

• 23,378 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 23:46

We saw in a couple of races this year what he will do if the car is competitive. My only worry is qualy, but I have my fingers crossed on that too given the changes.

#16724 Igorr

Igorr

• 222 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 00:43

Right people What do we expect from Schumi in 2012 if he's given a car that can stick with RBR, McLaren & Ferrari ?

for some reason, i think that if he has the right car it will be a very very close fight with the closest rival. I think that Nico will have the performance, but he still doesn't have any experience fighting in the front and i dont rate him anywhere near vettel or hamilton in terms of performing under huge pressure, compared to Michael where i dont think its worthed to mention about performing under pressure.

#16725 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,783 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:07

Honestly? I'd expect him to win races. Think about it, the man is a 7 times WDC, he has the racecraft and experience to do so. Given that, I'd also expect Rosberg to be right up there. If, and this is a very big IF Mercedes has the car capable of delivering race wins then the 2 of them should be right up there. We'll see.....

#16726 404KF2

404KF2

• 2,226 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:03

I hope he does win this year, I didn't count myself among his fans in the later Ferrari days, but I think a win or two by Schumi would stir things up in a good way.

#16727 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:24

And there I am thinking that Schumacher "saving" a set of tyres and setting his car up for Sunday is rather an advantage as opposed to qualifying 5th/6th, wasting a set of tyres + gearing up for Quali, thus inevitably dropping back behind the Ferraris during the race and run the risk of Nico over-taking him too.

#16728 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:36

:rotfl: nooo waaaay, is this true? Guy has a sense of humour, got to admit a great dig, if true.

It is true.
I expect podiums and win. To kick some butt(McL, Ferrari,Nico,RBR). And he to entertain us. He really need that rocketship. He will stay for 2013(50%).

Edited by ivand911, 02 February 2012 - 08:39.

#16729 baddog

baddog

• 23,378 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:38

Michael will be delighted to see that Lewis is still chewing over Monza months later.

#16730 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,986 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:51

If the car is as bad as it was in 2011 - not podium worthy - he won't stick around. If it shows promise, he'll consider it and if it is a challenger then he'll stick around.

#16731 holiday

holiday

• 3,473 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:53

Lance Armstrong was on his second comeback Tour de France much weaker although he said before he felt better than at the first, so I hope that MS can maintain his 2011 form and stay close to NR. Anything more will be an unexpected -but much loved- plus.

#16732 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:53

well I'm still waiting for him to quit and blame his neck...I mean that was going to happen 2 years ago according to many here ;);) ;P

#16733 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,986 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:55

I don't think you can call being trashed in Abu Dhabi as a sign of getting stronger.

Also what makes you think 2012 rules will suit him more?

I particularly enjoyed Spa (24th to 5th, while Rosberg finished LOWER than his grid slot) and Canada where Schumacher was challenging for second while Rosberg finished the race with a broken nose,

All hail the mighty Rosberg.

#16734 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:22

"I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality," he said. "He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer and, because of that, I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him. Senna, by contrast, will never be forgotten. Some of that is the James Dean factor, of course, because he was killed in action at a young age, but not all of it. I don't even think Michael will live on in people's memories as strong or as long as Prost has - certainly not as strong or as long as Mansell has. Those people attained a hero status that Michael never has and never will. Michael simply isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being," said Villeneuve (Aug. 2006). "Yes, Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity. When he took Prost out [in the Japanese grand prix] at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race.But he lies not only to fans but to his fellow drivers, too. At the GPDA meeting at Silverstone he lied to us [about his qualifying incident at Monaco] and he didn't even have the decency to appear embarrassed about it. He just stared in our eyes and lied. And we all knew we were being lied to but very few of us bothered to say anything [Villeneuve, Alex Wurz and Pedro de la Rosa were the only ones who did] because most are scared of Michael or just wanted the meeting to be over so that they could go and watch the World Cup, which was a pathetic way to behave when there was such an important matter under discussion. It's quite sad, really - because the reason Michael did what he did is that he thinks he's better than the rest of us. He thinks he's bigger than the sport, too, but he isn't. And when he retires, and no one really remembers him, that will become clear."

I was searching up some old quotes and I stumbled upon this. The guy was and is an absolute joke :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Before anyone has a little moan about me posting this quote, it's rather interesting to re-live Jacques real opinions on Schumacher & revel in the fact that Schumi's No.2 hater is utterly wrong.

#16735 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,986 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:46

"I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality," he said. "He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer and, because of that, I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him. Senna, by contrast, will never be forgotten. Some of that is the James Dean factor, of course, because he was killed in action at a young age, but not all of it. I don't even think Michael will live on in people's memories as strong or as long as Prost has - certainly not as strong or as long as Mansell has. Those people attained a hero status that Michael never has and never will. Michael simply isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being," said Villeneuve (Aug. 2006). "Yes, Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity. When he took Prost out [in the Japanese grand prix] at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race.But he lies not only to fans but to his fellow drivers, too. At the GPDA meeting at Silverstone he lied to us [about his qualifying incident at Monaco] and he didn't even have the decency to appear embarrassed about it. He just stared in our eyes and lied. And we all knew we were being lied to but very few of us bothered to say anything [Villeneuve, Alex Wurz and Pedro de la Rosa were the only ones who did] because most are scared of Michael or just wanted the meeting to be over so that they could go and watch the World Cup, which was a pathetic way to behave when there was such an important matter under discussion. It's quite sad, really - because the reason Michael did what he did is that he thinks he's better than the rest of us. He thinks he's bigger than the sport, too, but he isn't. And when he retires, and no one really remembers him, that will become clear."

I was searching up some old quotes and I stumbled upon this. The guy was and is an absolute joke :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Before anyone has a little moan about me posting this quote, it's rather interesting to re-live Jacques real opinions on Schumacher & revel in the fact that Schumi's No.2 hater is utterly wrong.

Villeneuve? Remind me who he is again, please?

#16736 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,506 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:55

A guy that constantly crashes into things.

#16737 finignig

finignig

• 385 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:59

I think it's this dude?

Edited by finignig, 02 February 2012 - 11:04.

#16738 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,986 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:15

I think it's this dude?

Reminds me of Oscar Dela Hoya and his forray into the music business.

All kidding aside, I'm actually a Jacques Villeneuve fan and he has said some positive things about Schumacher of late. I'm guessing their animosity is now buried.

Respect to JV though, his drifting skills are awesome!

#16739 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:21

@Mastah: No one will give you any guarantees in terms of predictions for 2012. I think you know that well, so why ask? Question rather is how do you know that driver's had not extracted all what was car capable off last year? Michael acts as a lighting rod for years, and we, his fans, are use to it, but sometime I wonder motives behind all of this. Think about if you would be able to accomplish what he has, and then judge him.

I'm asking because cheapracer said it's well documented here that car in 2012 specification will suit Schumi, but all I can see is "well stated by Schumi fans" and that's night and day difference, hence my question.

No driver extracts everything from the car with qualifying 0.5 second off teammate weekend after weekend.

Mmmmmmmm, but will you at least agree that MS was stronger in 2011 than he was in 2010?

Yes.

Rational MS fans know that MS is not what he was. We also know that he is still better than the majority of F1 drivers on the grid. We also know that he is more or less on the same footing as his team mate at the moment.

So how many tenths per lap he is slower?

Advertisement

#16740 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:22

Well there it is, you're simply lazy, go find it all yourself - I think maybe you take your "Mastah" nick literally :lol:

Journalists are no more than spectators like forum members with a cross range of knowledge and in fact there's more to be seen on a TV screen than there is trackside.

No links then. So you made that up, but won't admit it. OK.

That's why I got from fellow forum members that from telemetry Toro Rosso knew their drivers weren't extracting everything from the car. Oh wait, it was said by a journalist, who is "no more than spectator" :wave:.

I particularly enjoyed Spa (24th to 5th, while Rosberg finished LOWER than his grid slot) and Canada where Schumacher was challenging for second while Rosberg finished the race with a broken nose,

All hail the mighty Rosberg.

Discussed to death. Crazy races, different strategies, SC. Straightforward race = Abu Dhabi, 1 second deficit in quali, 4-5 tenths in race.

1997 Formula 1 World Champion. Who can forget Michael Schumacher hitting Villeneuve on purpose during last Grand Prix that year, for which he was disqualified and excluded from Championship. Move unanimously condemned in F1 paddock and by all reasonable F1 fans.

#16741 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:42

Although if by some miracle the W03 was as competitive as the RB, I'd dearly love him to chase for another title.

That's impossible. He's on average 5 tenths slower in quali than his teammate, in some cases it's up to unbelievable 1 second difference. And that's deficit to Nico, not to Seb, who is true qualifying master. If Merc and Red Bull are equally competetive, Schumi will be on average 7-8 tenths slower in quali, sometimes up to 1.5 second. If the cars indeed will be much closer to each other with EBD gone, then it's hard to imagine how far he would start from. P1-P10? P6-P15? What he would achieve from these starting positions? Not much.

#16742 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,743 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:48

Schumi will be on average 7-8 tenths slower in quali, sometimes up to 1.5 second.

in order to get that average, you know, sometimes he will be just in the mix.

#16743 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:57

Sometimes Mark Webber was faster than his teammate last year. I guess him and his fans are happy about that...

#16744 Clark65

Clark65

• 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:17

Discussed to death. Crazy races, different strategies, SC. Straightforward race = Abu Dhabi, 1 second deficit in quali, 4-5 tenths in race.

Is that all? Just Abu Dhabi?
What about other races?

1997 Formula 1 World Champion. Who can forget Michael Schumacher hitting Villeneuve on purpose during last Grand Prix that year, for which he was disqualified and excluded from Championship. Move unanimously condemned in F1 paddock and by all reasonable F1 fans.

Prost did the same thing to Senna. Senna did the same thing to Prost.
Why are they heroes and Schumacher is a supervillain?

That's impossible. He's on average 5 tenths slower in quali than his teammate, in some cases it's up to unbelievable 1 second difference. And that's deficit to Nico, not to Seb, who is true qualifying master. If Merc and Red Bull are equally competetive, Schumi will be on average 7-8 tenths slower in quali, sometimes up to 1.5 second. If the cars indeed will be much closer to each other with EBD gone, then it's hard to imagine how far he would start from. P1-P10? P6-P15? What he would achieve from these starting positions? Not much.

Who is the latest qualifying world champion? Which team won last year qualifying constructor championship? Which driver has the most qualifying world titles? Which team has the most qualifying world titles?
And why do all drivers bother driving on Sunday? We all know that Saturday is the most important day in GP weekend.

I know that qualifying in good position is important, but answer me those questions above.

#16745 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:55

What about other races?

Who is the latest qualifying world champion? Which team won last year qualifying constructor championship? Which driver has the most qualifying world titles? Which team has the most qualifying world titles?
And why do all drivers bother driving on Sunday? We all know that Saturday is the most important day in GP weekend.

I know that qualifying in good position is important, but answer me those questions above.

:up: Well said.

#16746 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,783 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 13:36

I'll answer them in the sequence you asked them, noone, no team, noone (again), no team (again) and noone (for a third time).
Happy now?
And I'd say that qualifying in a good position is a bit more than important.........

#16747 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,783 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 13:39

And there I am thinking that Schumacher "saving" a set of tyres and setting his car up for Sunday is rather an advantage as opposed to qualifying 5th/6th, wasting a set of tyres + gearing up for Quali, thus inevitably dropping back behind the Ferraris during the race and run the risk of Nico over-taking him too.

Yep, saving those tyres sure worked out to his advantage...... :rolleyes:

#16748 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 13:52

Yep, saving those tyres sure worked out to his advantage...... :rolleyes:

Yes, yes they did unless you'd like to actually show how they didn't. Adding a condescending emoticon to the end of your post does it not give it added credence.

#16749 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 14:28

What about other races?

Like China? Sorry, I can't name more, because in so many races Schumi collided with someone and lost front wing, crashed or spun, so there are very few clean and normal races left to compare.

The question was "who is Jacques Villeneuve?". How Senna or Prost are relevant to that :drunk:?

Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing, 2010 and 2011 champions.

#16750 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 14:41

A couple of podiums, no more, maybe a gifted win unless the Benz suddenly performs miracles against 3 consistent top line teams of the past decade - lets be realistic here.

No links then. So you made that up, but won't admit it. OK.

No I didn't make it up, plenty of posts on the subject but because you're lazy I'm not lifting a finger for you other than a middle one.