Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#17201 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,124 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 19:39

Pretty typical isn't it; Today MS reels off an impressive double GP+ 120 odd laps and laps a second quicker than Rosberg's best yesterday but no response at all ..... :lol:

To be fair, it is all about conditions, we don't know fuel loads etc etc.

However it's noticeable that (so far) Schumi-fans have understood that and kept the grandstanding to a minimum.

Unlike the trolls who wouldn't waste this opportunity if it had been NR doing the driving today.

Says more about the trolls than they ever could.

Advertisement

#17202 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 19:45

Yeah I'm trying to keep it on the W03 thread at the moment. I've said above that I'm curious about the drivers relative pace in this new car, and I also really want to see some onboard from Schumi to see if he is looking more settled than he did in the W02 but those things will have to wait.

I'm not interested in relative pace between test days, it means diddly.

As I'm here, anybody got any thoughts on the post that was made in the W03 thread about Schumi being offered another 2 years on his contract?

#17203 baddog

baddog

• 23,631 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 19:47

Well (except in extraordinary situations) testing is, for those outside the team, a chance to look at the cars and get some general idea if things are going okay, but without specifics. The idea that driver form can be assessed from them (as a couple of pillocks did with the jerez test) is a farce.

#17204 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,261 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 19:56

The Master seems happy:)

Posted Image

:smoking:

#17205 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,757 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 19:57

Yeah I'm trying to keep it on the W03 thread at the moment. I've said above that I'm curious about the drivers relative pace in this new car, and I also really want to see some onboard from Schumi to see if he is looking more settled than he did in the W02 but those things will have to wait.

I'm not interested in relative pace between test days, it means diddly.

As I'm here, anybody got any thoughts on the post that was made in the W03 thread about Schumi being offered another 2 years on his contract?

+1

They are both intent on putting the new car through the drill, as is a normal, so it is far too early to make comments on driver performance, especially related to each other. I for one would be mighty interested to see any serious footage of the W03 running, let alone an onboard. As to the contract thingy, I would say it's just journo hype. Even if it happened to be true, it is very subjective to his own performance this year, I doubt he would even like to comment on such a thing, but naturally he is always bugged with these questions. :)

#17206 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 20:23

Seriously, gotta be the most handsome F1 driver. Someone for the love of Christ pull out the L'Oreal advert... :love: :love: :love:

#17207 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 20:43

Somebody posted already that Ross Brawn said to Bild that the qualifying difference is likely to remain the same, so in this area is better not to expect much

#17208 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,443 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 23:44

Curious where Brawn said that. If that's the case, it looks like he is (unwillingly) throwing in the towel for Schumachers chances on the saturdays.

#17209 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 23:47

Posted Image

Hmmm, I know something, and you donnnnnnnnnnn't  ;)

#17210 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:52

In race simulation Michael was obviously slower yesterday than Nico today... :well:

#17211 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:58

This doesn't tell us anything do....
It's only testing, you can't really compare driving abbility.

#17212 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:02

In race simulation Michael was obviously slower yesterday than Nico today... :well:

Like everyone else.

Edited by Diablobb81, 24 February 2012 - 12:02.

#17213 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:03

Yeah I know, but after two years I became kinda paranoic :D

#17214 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:08

Yeah I know, but after two years I became kinda paranoic :D

Don't worry, Michael will do a great job this year. :cool:

#17215 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 16:42

Brawn about extending Schumacher contract:

Ross Brawn denies claims Michael Schumacher is about to be offered a contract extension.

“We’ll see what happens this year then talk about it. I hope it goes well because that means we’ll be having good results and I think we’d both be happy to continue.”

F1 Fanatic

#17216 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 00:02

Brawn about extending Schumacher contract:

F1 Fanatic

There has to be a car to work with, for Schumacher to sign any offers; he made that clear several months ago. Leverage over this matter is in balance.

#17217 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 13:23

Curious where Brawn said that. If that's the case, it looks like he is (unwillingly) throwing in the towel for Schumachers chances on the saturdays.

Brawn clearly said; "MS needs to lift his game in qualy" (but that wasn't a secret) and that Nico is actually faster in qualy than Nico realises - based on that Brawn thinks Nico is currently one of the fastest drivers in F1.

The question is how much effect the removal of the EBD will bring it back to older style drivers such as MS, Massa and Button. I hope it works out that way because I would certainly like to see more raw car control come back and testing showed some promise for this.

All conjecture, bring on Melbourne.

#17218 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 13:57

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Michael stay in F1 for another few years, but whether it will be with Merc or not, is yet to be seen. I get the impression that he's not going to wait around and see if the current Mercedes crew can develop a competitive car. I think unless they deliver this year, or actively bring in the right people to compete, he may open his options up to a potential driver move alongside Vettel at Redbull with the idea to work as a stop gap until the Redbull youngsters are properly seasoned. He also adds great scope for future development and gets on well with Vettel.

#17219 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 14:58

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Michael stay in F1 for another few years, but whether it will be with Merc or not, is yet to be seen. I get the impression that he's not going to wait around and see if the current Mercedes crew can develop a competitive car. I think unless they deliver this year, or actively bring in the right people to compete, he may open his options up to a potential driver move alongside Vettel at Redbull with the idea to work as a stop gap until the Redbull youngsters are properly seasoned. He also adds great scope for future development and gets on well with Vettel.

No, I'm pretty sure this is his last team to race for. I'm also pretty sure he's under no pressure to leave. The dissision will be mostly his and will depend of his chance to be a winner again. (car and driver)
During the wintertime one sentence from an interview is being blown out of proportion and created into an new juicy story.
It's just gossip press looking for attention... ;)

Advertisement

#17220 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 17:29

I think unless they deliver this year .... he may open his options up to a potential driver move

I happen to agree, unlike a young bloke he has nothing at all to gain staying with a slow car.

If the car's a dog this year and not progressing he will either be out for good or an "absolute surety of wins" team - RBR or back to the Red.

#17221 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 18:15

I happen to agree, unlike a young bloke he has nothing at all to gain staying with a slow car.

If the car's a dog this year and not progressing he will either be out for good or an "absolute surety of wins" team - RBR or back to the Red.

marchi-91 legend and expensive racer legend I think to have the Daimler chairman Dieter Zetsche always singing positive tunes about having Schumacher around is clear sign of support, and while redbull could be a choice-bernie eccellstone's opinon of what he may like to see as well-it wouldn't be ideal and or as unique as winning with Mercedes-a historic car manufactuer,, which happened to help Schumahcer into f1, but never raced with them as a team in f1, it's unfinished business, and Brawn is in the game as well, the ingredients are there, when ferrari hadn't won in like 20 years before MS won, it was a unique title, and the Merdeces as a name-forgetting mclaren hasn't been touched for 50 years, the brand would mean more for MS-.

You say he's not going to wait around, but he's been patient for 2 seasons-one of his strengths, despite risking his comeback with them, it would be a dissapointment for all concerned if mercedes can't pull it off, at the same time, what driver has won 7 titles across 2 teams, and when did Schumacher win titles with Benetton and Ferrari in the 1st 2 years?

Things seem to happen for MS in the 3rd year:

Benetton 1992-1993-then 1994 title, I know Benetton won races in 92-93, current competition in 2012 looks strong
Ferrari 1996-1997-I think Jacques and Williams should of won the title earlier, Schumacher and Ferrari didn't look settled as a force until 1999-broken leg-bringed it home in 2000, great driving in 97/98 masked a progressing team.

Schumacher's style would wanna make him see out this mercedes challenge, only if it's not looking good, do I see a last minute swap about to another team, but it's all risky man, Senna moved to Williams in 94-and that team had problems early on-expected to win. You don't wanna leave as well at the wrong times-Kimi moved to ferrari in 2007, Mclaren maybe cheated-but they fielded winning cars in 20072008, or you could say bascially ferrari vs ferrari cars, if they hadn't had cheated, Kimi I think would of battled with Massa.
But there are a number of drivers
Hamilton
Button
Alonso
Kimi

Who have been in f1 for various years and have gotten 1 title to their name, or in case of Alonso-he's not had a title since 2006, that's 6 years man, he hasn't won since his michelin days, that drought is alot more serious-because he's now in ferrari in his 3rd year, they missed out in his 1st year 2010, Kimi in 2001 to 2006, nothing, close calls, had to move team-inherit Schumacher's seat ferrari-1 title to his name, nothing after, and coming back for a 2nd title with his 3rd team.

Buttom from year 2000-nothing until 2009, 1 title, brawn advantage year, nothing since, no pressure, no expectations, but a solid mclaren drive-winning races title or not

Hamilton one title in 2007, now going into his 5th year without a 2nd title, missed out in his 1st year 2007 kinda like Jacques in 1997, 2010 opportunities-2011-waste of a year and putting on pressure on his rivals.

Schumacher's been back for 2 years, his situation maybe different, but age is not a problem yet, but it's not ideal to wait too long and he's patient , at the same time he's not the only one who's waiting, but he's looking for some race wins at least, like mclaren/ferrari have enjoyed, and that's gotta be a target ASAP for mercedes.

Edited by SeanValen, 28 February 2012 - 18:20.

#17222 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 19:12

I may be biased, but I have no problem with MS staying on for a couple of years. A lot of the excitement last year was due to MS.

One thing for certain is that he is not embarrassing himself in the car.

#17223 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 20:16

I don't think MS will drive for another team any more. I see him as NH replacement. Vice-President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport. Or even President. If there is President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport?

#17224 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 20:48

As long as Michael can drive like he did in Italy last year I hope he stays.

(Assuming the rules aren't neutered to the point where defensive driving is completely banned, but thats for another thread).

Or as well as he drove in Canada or Spa. He may have lost ultimate speed, but I still put him easily in the top 10, and he is still a very entertaining driver to watch. And the sport needs that, I think.

#17225 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 23:29

I don't think MS will drive for another team any more. I see him as NH replacement. Vice-President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport. Or even President. If there is President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport?

(a) What's wrong wih Norbert, (b) Since when seven WDC crowns is correlated to being a good manager (like JT, for example), and lastly, you known he likes (to spend time with) his childern, don't you?

Edited by Sakae, 28 February 2012 - 23:30.

#17226 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:36

marchi-91 legend and expensive racer legend I think to have the Daimler chairman Dieter Zetsche always singing positive tunes about having Schumacher around is clear sign of support, and while redbull could be a choice-bernie eccellstone's opinon of what he may like to see as well-it wouldn't be ideal and or as unique as winning with Mercedes-a historic car manufactuer,, which happened to help Schumahcer into f1, but never raced with them as a team in f1, it's unfinished business, and Brawn is in the game as well, the ingredients are there, when ferrari hadn't won in like 20 years before MS won, it was a unique title, and the Merdeces as a name-forgetting mclaren hasn't been touched for 50 years, the brand would mean more for MS-.

You say he's not going to wait around, but he's been patient for 2 seasons-one of his strengths, despite risking his comeback with them, it would be a dissapointment for all concerned if mercedes can't pull it off, at the same time, what driver has won 7 titles across 2 teams, and when did Schumacher win titles with Benetton and Ferrari in the 1st 2 years?

Things seem to happen for MS in the 3rd year:

Benetton 1992-1993-then 1994 title, I know Benetton won races in 92-93, current competition in 2012 looks strong
Ferrari 1996-1997-I think Jacques and Williams should of won the title earlier, Schumacher and Ferrari didn't look settled as a force until 1999-broken leg-bringed it home in 2000, great driving in 97/98 masked a progressing team.

Schumacher's style would wanna make him see out this mercedes challenge, only if it's not looking good, do I see a last minute swap about to another team, but it's all risky man, Senna moved to Williams in 94-and that team had problems early on-expected to win. You don't wanna leave as well at the wrong times-Kimi moved to ferrari in 2007, Mclaren maybe cheated-but they fielded winning cars in 20072008, or you could say bascially ferrari vs ferrari cars, if they hadn't had cheated, Kimi I think would of battled with Massa.
But there are a number of drivers
Hamilton
Button
Alonso
Kimi

Who have been in f1 for various years and have gotten 1 title to their name, or in case of Alonso-he's not had a title since 2006, that's 6 years man, he hasn't won since his michelin days, that drought is alot more serious-because he's now in ferrari in his 3rd year, they missed out in his 1st year 2010, Kimi in 2001 to 2006, nothing, close calls, had to move team-inherit Schumacher's seat ferrari-1 title to his name, nothing after, and coming back for a 2nd title with his 3rd team.

Buttom from year 2000-nothing until 2009, 1 title, brawn advantage year, nothing since, no pressure, no expectations, but a solid mclaren drive-winning races title or not

Hamilton one title in 2007, now going into his 5th year without a 2nd title, missed out in his 1st year 2007 kinda like Jacques in 1997, 2010 opportunities-2011-waste of a year and putting on pressure on his rivals.

Schumacher's been back for 2 years, his situation maybe different, but age is not a problem yet, but it's not ideal to wait too long and he's patient , at the same time he's not the only one who's waiting, but he's looking for some race wins at least, like mclaren/ferrari have enjoyed, and that's gotta be a target ASAP for mercedes.

Thing is Sean, Michael isn't exactly at a point in his career where he can wait around building a team. It was different when he was young, but now he's got nothing left to prove. He has the right to be selfish in picking and choosing his team based on success. Senna was the same when he left McLaren at the age of 32. Part of me thinks Michael has done the hard yards, now enjoy racing with the massive pressure of trying to turn a team with one fluke season of success, into a champion team that will go on for a decade.

#17227 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:47

Posted Image

The big boss dogg!! Nice picture! :up:

#17228 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:50

(a) What's wrong wih Norbert, (b) Since when seven WDC crowns is correlated to being a good manager (like JT, for example), and lastly, you known he likes (to spend time with) his childern, don't you?

a) He will retire some day. What was wrong with BMW guy(Thiesen)? This is not job position for life.
b)Kids will grow up soon. MS know stuff about motorsport.
Mercedes will like 7time WDC to continue working for them. The best driver in F1 history you know.

Edited by ivand911, 29 February 2012 - 06:53.

#17229 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:02

he has said he doesn't want to be a manager....he may be a great driver, doesn't mean he'd be great in managerial..

#17230 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:54

Saw this video on YouTube from Petronas Motorsports. Schumi pays a visit to the Imperial College London and also to the MercAMG Brackley factory to meet some students who are doing there internship.

#17231 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:03

he has said he doesn't want to be a manager....he may be a great driver, doesn't mean he'd be great in managerial..

Don't know about his managing skills but Schumi also said from the time he retired in 2006 to 2009 that he was not interested to drive in Formula One anymore, that he was done with it and all... but he came back in 2010. He might change his mind about not wanting to be a manager as well.

One day he will stop driving in F1 but I think he will still be involved with it always in some way.

Edited by merschu, 29 February 2012 - 09:10.

#17232 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:54

Patrese on Michael :

http://www.planetf1....ent-Driver-Now-

And Johansson :

http://www.motorspor...o_12022903.html

Edited by Diablobb81, 29 February 2012 - 11:00.

#17233 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:38

a) He will retire some day. What was wrong with BMW guy(Thiesen)? This is not job position for life.
b)Kids will grow up soon. MS know stuff about motorsport.
Mercedes will like 7time WDC to continue working for them. The best driver in F1 history you know.

Whilst I am not in know of true causes why he had problems, but there is a precedent with another famous driver from pre-Schumacher era, Mr. A. Prost. I love Alain, I do love Michael, but I am doubtful that this is a straight forward transitional path from a driver to a director's chair. JT with Ferrari was an excellent manager, and he knew when to delegate and when to take his own action. Character of work that Michael is performing is a detail oriented activity, and he might tend to micromanage whole organization he knows nothing about at the moment. You need him to stay next to Norbert for two or three years before he could step into his shoes comfortably. Besides, Nobi is still vital young man, nothing wrong with him (yet). :)

Edited by Sakae, 29 February 2012 - 11:41.

#17234 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 13:34

Patrese on Michael :

I got a lot of respect for Patrese but like all comments on MS I think that this year should be kept in hand and see what difference no EBD actually makes.

Having watched a lot of years of F1 I can only say that these years I see drivers jump (literally) out of their cars and stride to the weigh in with a spring in there step like they had just driven 5 laps, not 50 - I can remember an awful lot of drivers back in the 80's I can't say the same for .. you can argue all day if drivers are faster now or not but there is no question, not a doubt that they are fitter which at least means they can drive faster and concentrate harder for longer into a race - something that MS actually set the standard for.

#17235 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:07

Opinions are only opinions, but Patreses opinions on Michael pretty much exactly reflect my own.

Still, not long now until we have some idea how this season will play out.

#17236 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 23:40

I got a lot of respect for Patrese but like all comments on MS I think that this year should be kept in hand and see what difference no EBD actually makes.

Having watched a lot of years of F1 I can only say that these years I see drivers jump (literally) out of their cars and stride to the weigh in with a spring in there step like they had just driven 5 laps, not 50 - I can remember an awful lot of drivers back in the 80's I can't say the same for .. you can argue all day if drivers are faster now or not but there is no question, not a doubt that they are fitter which at least means they can drive faster and concentrate harder for longer into a race - something that MS actually set the standard for.

I do remember 500 milles Indy race, after which they pulled Mansell out of the cockpit half unconcious; he, lacking any strength, was unable to extract himself out of it. (I do suspect that excessive heat had something to do with it as well, notwithstanding his dubious physical fitness).

#17237 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:19

Schumacher still gives Rosberg something think about. Imagine if this was Shcumacher 10 years younger.

I bet Michael will win the opening race in Melbourne. Him or Vettel.

#17238 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,560 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:46

Schumacher still gives Rosberg something think about. Imagine if this was Shcumacher 10 years younger.

Haha, it's going to take either a lot of luck, a lot of rain, or both for Schumi to win Melbourne this year. :p

#17239 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:53

Haha, go ahead and laugh. See what happens race day at melbourne.;)

Advertisement

#17240 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,560 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:58

Haha, go ahead and laugh. See what happens race day at melbourne.;)

I'd love to see it happen, too, but unfortunately I don't think Merc is going to roll out a car that will allow their drivers to regularly challenge for wins this season. Hopefully we'll see another race like Canada 2011, though. :D

#17241 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:19

As long as Michael can drive like he did in Italy last year I hope he stays.

(Assuming the rules aren't neutered to the point where defensive driving is completely banned, but thats for another thread).

Or as well as he drove in Canada or Spa. He may have lost ultimate speed, but I still put him easily in the top 10, and he is still a very entertaining driver to watch. And the sport needs that, I think.

I think he drives like he did in Monza he will get penalised now they've tightened up the one move rule

#17242 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:57

I think he drives like he did in Monza he will get penalised now they've tightened up the one move rule

I hope he will not need to drive like in Monza, this year. I hope for more attack than defending. Poor FW. :p

Edited by ivand911, 01 March 2012 - 06:57.

#17243 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:34

That was one helluva drive. As long as they hand out a penalty with the same outcome as when Hamilton overtook that safetycar or danced in front of Petrov a year before hell be fine. :up:

#17244 Maldwyn

Maldwyn

• 1,486 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:40

Patrese on Michael :
http://www.planetf1....ent-Driver-Now-

Just in case that article gives the impression those are recent comments from Riccardo, they are not. He was responding to a question put to him via his website early in the 2011 season and so his view then was based largely on MS's peformances during 2010.

It seems a number of websites & journalists 'discovered' those Q&A's after Jonathan Noble had picked up on his response to a question about there being no Italian drivers in F1 this year, which certainly is recent. I know because I speak with Riccardo for the website Q&A feature.

#17245 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:01

I got to say that without rain and a some unusual things happening around him, the odds are pretty long and the recent mapping issue is a step back. Then they'll ban the mercury :lol:

The Lotus is interesting, they say the have a new chassis building technique which makes the tub lighter yet stiffer and they can get their ballast/CoG lower - the times you see in testing might be genuine, ie; faster than Benz if they are onto something new.

Again just conjecture, 2 weeks and "the bullshit stops when the flag drops"

#17246 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:05

Just in case that article gives the impression those are recent comments from Riccardo, they are not.

So they stuck this "there will be no Italian drivers on the 2012 grid ....something Patrese finds quite incredible" in to make it seem current? Not nice if they did.

#17247 baddog

baddog

• 23,631 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:13

I got to say that without rain and a some unusual things happening around him, the odds are pretty long and the recent mapping issue is a step back.

It was mercedes who told the FIA about the mapping issue, not them who got dinged over it.

#17248 Maldwyn

Maldwyn

• 1,486 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:43

So they stuck this "there will be no Italian drivers on the 2012 grid ....something Patrese finds quite incredible" in to make it seem current? Not nice if they did.

Essentially yes. It's been an interesting exercise to see how the Autosport story has triggered a number of different versions and interpretations on various websites. PlanetF1 appear to have "discovered" the Q&As via the Autosport piece to "expand" on the story.

The fact is he made the comments about Michael almost a year ago.

#17249 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:49

I got to say that without rain and a some unusual things happening around him, the odds are pretty long and the recent mapping issue is a step back. Then they'll ban the mercury :lol:

The Lotus is interesting, they say the have a new chassis building technique which makes the tub lighter yet stiffer and they can get their ballast/CoG lower - the times you see in testing might be genuine, ie; faster than Benz if they are onto something new.

Again just conjecture, 2 weeks and "the bullshit stops when the flag drops"

Youre right, the Lotus is very interesting indeed.

#17250 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:49

Which give them the troubles and they missed second test. Now they repair the chassis and it cost them 1 kg more weight. What do you know about MGP chassis building technique?

Edited by ivand911, 01 March 2012 - 12:51.