Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#17601 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 20:01

this http://bit.ly/FOupcT ? Looks clean only small understeer in the last corner.

TY, de car looks nice and stable!!
It's gonna be a great year for us merc fans! :cool:

Advertisement

#17602 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 639 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 21:17

MSC said in his interview at RTL that while his starts last year were great, this is a different car and there is no reason to be certain that it will be the case again this year.

#17603 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 22:03

That onboard lap was very reminiscent of the old Mike :D.

#17604 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 608 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 22:28

That onboard lap was very reminiscent of the old Mike :D.

At last a lap in which the car doesn't need a thousand corrections.. Looked nice and clean apart from the last two corners imo, so there was room for improvement. As for tomorrow, i just want Michael to finish tbh. If the car has the potential we will celebrate sooner or later anyway. If it's tomorrow then even better.

#17605 Sof1

Sof1

• 596 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:36

In Las Vegas now, just put $90 on Schumacher winning ( $90 is all I had lol).

#17606 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:55

:D

#17607 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,190 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:26

My local betting agency doesn't offer options on F1 anymore. I would have had $20 on Schumi for sure.

#17608 cutchemist42

cutchemist42

• 103 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:37

Schumi could easily have 1st within the first 4 corners.

#17609 Powersteer

Powersteer

• 2,460 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:53

$100 on you having a baby with your avatar.

:cool:

#17610 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:00

Although I am happy beyond measure that Schumacher is right up there, I fully expect the Red Bulls to storm through during the race.
Remember, the DRS advantage Mercedes have in qualifying for the length of the full lap, will not be present during the race.

I dont know, I would like to keep my expectations low and then get surprised !

#17611 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,190 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:56

I now have $20 on Schumacher at odds of 11:1. Rosberg looks like a good option at 25:1 if you're adventurous, but the smart money would go on Vettel at the moment, he's paying 10:1 and Webber is at 17:1!

#17612 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:28

Good stuff today.We all know Rosberg would have been close or possibly ahead on a better lap, but for the first time in a while i think Schumacher had more in reserve aswell - so at the moment at least, the fears of him slipping further back due to a tighter field are gone.

haha. Schumacher beaten him by 3 and half tenths and you come here with this wonderland assumption?! Nico just had a little lock up into T3 and that's it, but Schumacher lap was far from perfect either. Schumi was very cautious on S3 and not using all track. Maybe he just wanted a secured good lap rather than go for the risk of a more aggressive one.

It was just the first qualifying so let's see if this becomes a trend but to low the expectations over Schumi a bit, he didn't have a great driving on Turns 11-12.

Schumi's performance was the only reason for me to smile today.And even if rosberg does a clean lap,I think the gap in quali wont be as big as last year anymore.

Don't delude yourself thinking that Schumacher started ahead because Nico had problems. Considering both could have done better times, I don't see how Nico would have outqualified Schumi yesterday.

He could've had a shot at pole, but they lost a significant amount of time in the final sector (both mercs).

I noticed that too. Schumi had a big oversteer in final corner
Posted Image

From what I´ve seen he was very careful in S3 on the final run.
maybe 1-2 tenth were to get their but that´s just a guess.

:up:

So the reflexes came back it seems :drunk:

I always said he still got it,and what's great about it is that he's proof that we can see these younger guys for a loooong time.I was very happy by his performance.
'Ol man still got it'

The fact he beaten Nico doesn't mean he is the same again

#17613 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:18

Going easy on the tyres?

#17614 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,426 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:21

Speechless. 3rd gear gone.

#17615 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:21

Race ruined.

#17616 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,890 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:26

Game over :(

Hope for better next weekend.

#17617 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:50

Michael has habit not to finish Australian GP.

#17618 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:06

3 dnfs in thel 3 last years at albert park.

20 race seasibm 19, long season.

#17619 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,190 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:14

The McLarens and RBRs are in a class of their own this year. Although MSC's pace issues might have been his gearbox issues developing over time.

Advertisement

#17620 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:50

Did running off cause Michael's gear box problem or gear box problem cause him running off ?

#17621 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 576 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:53

He aborted the turn because of gearbox problems, he didnt really go off.

#17622 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 639 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:53

"Michael was just at the rtl mic. The gearbox suddendly gave up into turn 1 after loosing the gearoil. He said he was running a comfortbale pace, and could hold Seb behind him quite comfortable. He also said that he is looking forward and that Australia is not the right track to judge the car."

#17623 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:58

Did running off cause Michael's gear box problem or gear box problem cause him running off ?

The end is the same.

#17624 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:03

Thanks gusy Michael is very unlucky these days.

#17625 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:26

He aborted the turn because of gearbox problems, he didnt really go off.

It would be just grand to really find out which truth is the correct truth, because honestly, you can't possibly claim Shumi's gearbox failed before his off or after.

#17626 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:29

It would be just grand to really find out which truth is the correct truth, because honestly, you can't possibly claim Shumi's gearbox failed before his off or after.

Yes, I can because he say how it happen. Going into the corner he down change gears, and the third is not there,so he lose engine brake then and normally goes off. Anything else that you don't understand?

Edited by ivand911, 18 March 2012 - 08:34.

#17627 baddog

baddog

• 23,235 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:33

Well, for those of us who watched the race it was very easy to see him enter the corner normally then, without any apparent drama abort and go straight on off the track, making it obvious that a failure happened in there. Even David Coulthard was able to analyse this correctly so it must have been obvious.

#17628 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:34

He still could finish ahead of Nico. P4 or P5 maybe.

Schumi would not finish behind Alonso

Mclaren and RBR were faster than him but not the others

#17629 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:39

4th or 5th would have been my prediction as well, he could have held Webber IMO. The DNF was just a waste of some solid points to kick off the season with, but that's useless as my expectations were a bit higher than that.

#17630 skinnyman

skinnyman

• 520 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:49

Even David Coulthard was able to analyse this correctly so it must have been obvious.

:lol:

#17631 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:57

Yes, I can because he say how it happen.

Lying is of course off the table, then. How do you know, emphasis on KNOW, that Shumi's off was a result of the gearbox failing or the other way around?

Well, for those of us who watched the race it was very easy to see him enter the corner normally then, without any apparent drama abort and go straight on off the track, making it obvious that a failure happened in there.

And it's equally obvious for us who not only watched the race, but also practice and qualification, that Shumi had several similar off's during the entire weekend which could very well explain why he went off during the race, again. Similarly, it's not entierly inconceivable that this one off actually damaged his car beyond continuation, which, yet again, may explain why Shumi were unable to continue after he went off during practise.

Rocket science and brain surgery aside, it's not that hard, is it?

#17632 baddog

baddog

• 23,235 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:01

Lying is of course off the table, then. How do you know, emphasis on KNOW, that Shumi's off was a result of the gearbox failing or the other way around?

And it's equally obvious for us who not only watched the race, but also practice and qualification, that Shumi had several similar off's during the entire weekend which could very well explain why he went off during the race, again..

The offs you mention were not at all similiar. Locking up the rear on entry and going wide is not a lot like suddenly straightening the steering in mid corner for no apparent reason and driving slowly off the track. You are REALLY reaching this time.

#17633 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:03

And it's equally obvious for us who not only watched the race, but also practice and qualification, that Shumi had several similar off's during the entire weekend which could very well explain why he went off during the race, again. Similarly, it's not entierly inconceivable that this one off actually damaged his car beyond continuation, which, yet again, may explain why Shumi were unable to continue after he went off during practise.

Rocket science and brain surgery aside, it's not that hard, is it?

You seem to be making it that hard. Generally when the the vast majority 'including Michael himself' state that the car lost drive mid corner, you're pretty much wrong.

#17634 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:18

The offs you mention were not at all similiar. Locking up the rear on entry and going wide is not a lot like suddenly straightening the steering in mid corner for no apparent reason and driving slowly off the track.

Except of course that Shumi's off's during practise, and the race for that matter weren't even close to your dramatic explanation. Actually, there were no drama at all, not for Shumi and not for any dozen other drivers doing the exact same thing, at the exact same place.

You are REALLY reaching this time.

If what I'm doing is, not only reaching, but REALLY reaching, what is this?

...and driving slowly off the track.

Do you honestly believe that Shumi drove "slowly off the track", for "no apparent reason"?

#17635 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,278 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:23

Definitelly a 4th, perhaps even 3rd if he could take advantage of the SC. Too bad about the gearbox but, oh well, shit happens. But the car is good and the pace is solid. The season barely started, lots of races to go. :cool:

#17636 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:24

You seem to be making it that hard.

People lie. I should really end it right there, but I guess I'm a sucker today. Actually, never mind.

#17637 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:28

Definitelly a 4th, perhaps even 3rd if he could take advantage of the SC.

A win was is on the table if he could take advantage of, well, all kind of things in the future :clap:

#17638 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,285 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:28

There will always be the doubters ofcourse.

Really disappointed about the Mercedes giving up on Michael so early in the race, he was doing a very good job and showing he is a lot more one with the car this year then ever since he made his comeback. Let's see what Michael is able to do in malaysia.

#17639 baddog

baddog

• 23,235 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:49

Do you honestly believe that Shumi drove "slowly off the track", for "no apparent reason"?

okay slowly was probably a bit over the top, but if you can't recognise a difference between someone outbraking themselves and someone losing drive and aborting in mid corner when you see it (even though everyone else could recognise it) then you are going to, and do, look a bit daft.

Advertisement

#17640 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:04

okay slowly was probably a bit over the top, but if you can't recognise a difference between someone outbraking themselves and someone losing drive and aborting in mid corner when you see it (even though everyone else could recognise it) then you are going to, and do, look a bit daft.

You know damn well that missing a brake point doesn't always equal "outbraking themselves" in a traditional sense, and it sure as hell doesn't always equal a puff of smoke, clearly visible on television.

There were no visual indication that Shumi's car lost third gear going into the first corner, which would explain him going wide, none whatsoever. There are however plenty reason to believe he went wide on his own accord, not to mention plenty reason to lie about the reason he went off. Shumi isn't driving for some obscure independent garagista here, Mercedes is kind of... you know, huge.

#17641 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:07

I read the first sign of the problem begins (maybe a lap) earlier than he run-off from the track.

#17642 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:07

Good pic:

http://a2.sphotos.ak...081873463_n.jpg

Look at the faces...

#17643 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:11

Except of course that Shumi's off's during practise, and the race for that matter weren't even close to your dramatic explanation. Actually, there were no drama at all, not for Shumi and not for any dozen other drivers doing the exact same thing, at the exact same place.

They all have offs? Do you want to hear their names? You are the only one who is doubting. Anyone to share your view? If I have to believe what happen I chose MS, not you.
Many guys went off like MS, did their gearboxes break? Explain this!! Since when you break gearbox going wide??

Edited by ivand911, 18 March 2012 - 10:13.

#17644 baddog

baddog

• 23,235 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:12

You know damn well that missing a brake point doesn't always equal "outbraking themselves" in a traditional sense, and it sure as hell doesn't always equal a puff of smoke, clearly visible on television.

There were no visual indication that Shumi's car lost third gear going into the first corner, which would explain him going wide, none whatsoever. There are however plenty reason to believe he went wide on his own accord, not to mention plenty reason to lie about the reason he went off. Shumi isn't driving for some obscure independent garagista here, Mercedes is kind of... you know, huge.

Sure whatever. You are basically saying you wish it were so, and can find a reason to lie to yourself. Have fun with that, the rest of us are over here in the real world.

#17645 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:25

Sure whatever.

#17646 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:32

You are the only one who is doubting.

Don't be stupid now. Everyone is doubting, except the ones who know. Which category do you belong to?

#17647 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:00

Don't be stupid now. Everyone is doubting, except the ones who know. Which category do you belong to?

You didn't answer me? Since when you break gearbox going off? Who else break his gearbox going wide?

#17648 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:11

haha. Schumacher beaten him by 3 and half tenths and you come here with this wonderland assumption?! Nico just had a little lock up into T3 and that's it, but Schumacher lap was far from perfect either. Schumi was very cautious on S3 and not using all track. Maybe he just wanted a secured good lap rather than go for the risk of a more aggressive one.

It was just the first qualifying so let's see if this becomes a trend but to low the expectations over Schumi a bit, he didn't have a great driving on Turns 11-12.

Don't delude yourself thinking that Schumacher started ahead because Nico had problems. Considering both could have done better times, I don't see how Nico would have outqualified Schumi yesterday.

I noticed that too. Schumi had a big oversteer in final corner
Posted Image

The fact he beaten Nico doesn't mean he is the same again

Where did you get the onboard video?

#17649 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:14

You didn't answer me?

I didn't 'answer you' for the simple reason that I can't. No-one can.

Since when you break gearbox going off?

Since the dawn of time. Are you serious? Formula One-cars are not designed to run off-road, and when they do, they break down. All the time.

Who else break his gearbox going wide?

Everyone.

#17650 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:28

I didn't 'answer you' for the simple reason that I can't. No-one can.
Since the dawn of time. Are you serious? Formula One-cars are not designed to run off-road, and when they do, they break down. All the time.
Everyone.

You have no idea, but still you accuse MS that he lie. :rotfl: How smart. Probably Ross and Norb will lie too to cover him?