Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#18301 Jolkins

Jolkins

• 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:32

Disappointed. It's almost as if EVERYTHING works against Michael. All I wanted was a top 3 finish, nothing more. Just seeing him on the podium. Ah...

Advertisement

#18302 muramasa

muramasa

• 4,039 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:38

Gutted...absolutely gutted...

but it's so nice to see MS in joy in the pitwall when the checqured flag was waved for Nico!

#18303 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:04

One small part of the reason why Schumacher's a legend:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98853

In a weird way, this is a bit like his early years with Ferrari, he's doing it all over again. I doubt Costa, Willis and Bell would be there if it wasn't for the lure of the MS + Brawn pair, for instance, maybe one of them at best. He isn't 30 anymore, but then this is Michael Schumacher, any lesser WDC would have struggled to compete with drivers half his age and given up after the first year. Small steps at a time, the car is definitely good enough in qualifying for now, and without tyre issues it would seem a race winner as well.

And hey -for a brief while it seemed as though Irvine was going to pip him to the title after all the sweat and tears, but what followed more than made up for it. :D

#18304 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:06

Hell get his chance. This is a car with possibilities.

But I was angry too. :mad:

#18305 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:07

I feel so damn sorry for Michael today. It's like everything's worked against him so far this season.

At least we know that Mercedes is working towards fixing the tyre-eating issues and that it's a potential race winner. The wins will come, I'm sure of that.

#18306 stormshadow

stormshadow

• 508 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:23

This host of bad things happening to Michael is like Kenny always getting killed in Southpark.
WTF dude :mad: !

#18307 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,512 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49

Still, I suppose Schumacher fans would be even more disappointed if he were to be 2nd from Rosberg (or, worse still, 3rd or 4th)... So good think he retired, no?

#18308 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50

Still, I suppose Schumacher fans would be even more disappointed if he were to be 2nd from Rosberg (or, worse still, 3rd or 4th)... So good think he retired, no?

What? :eek:

#18309 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:53

i am still fuming, MS smiling at the camera when Nico won
Well thats why he is sucessfull and i am typing this here :lol: :|

I don't think he had too much luck on his pre 2007 carrier. He lost 3 WDCs on the last race one on other possible WDC in 99 because of his injury, and don'f forget that in 05 FIA make new rules against him.

But this season start remembers me 2010, whan alwas MS was the "unlucky" guy in Merc...

#18310 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,755 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:53

erm... NO.

Points are points. Especially since i believe he would have finished 2nd.

#18311 BRK

BRK

• 3,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:55

This is probably Schumacher's worst track and Rosberg's best, so no.

#18312 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57

Thank God there´s a race next week. Schu can get 92th soon, so even today we must remain optimists. The WDC is another thing... it´s early stages, but if they have a top tier car, he´ll fight it.

#18313 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59

Quite twisted thinking. Very frustrating bad luck, but NR has made my day just as much. MS fans are happy to know that the team has a car capable to fight for podiums on merit. The rest is up to the drivers.

#18314 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:02

I don't think he had too much luck on his pre 2007 carrier. He lost 3 WDCs on the last race one on other possible WDC in 99 because of his injury, and don'f forget that in 05 FIA make new rules against him.

But this season start remembers me 2010, whan alwas MS was the "unlucky" guy in Merc...

And the start of 2011 when he was the unlucky guy in merc (kers/DRS ruining Qualis), and through 2011, when he was the more unlucky guy in merc :mad:

#18315 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:11

This is probably Schumacher's worst track and Rosberg's best, so no.

Funny thing though...his last win is in China 2006 :)

#18316 as65p

as65p

• 18,477 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:12

Really bad luck with the retirement, but then he was totally blown away by Rosbergs pace as long as they were both on track. The gap at the finish would have been nasty

#18317 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:17

Really bad luck with the retirement, but then he was totally blown away by Rosbergs pace as long as they were both on track. The gap at the finish would have been nasty

Possibly yes, maybe not. There were enough examples between the two where it was turned around by 180 deg between a stint.

#18318 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:34

Different strategies, different points of view. Things do happen from time to time, and Michael had it in spades this year, yet there is another race to have another go at it. There is no need to be ugly and nasty through speculations.

#18319 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,509 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:02

What kind of stupid fan would want that. You must be thick if you would rather him loose a possible max 18 points than retire just cause Nico was in the lead.

Stupid opinion you have of Schumacher fans if you actually think that.

Advertisement

#18320 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,856 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 13:55

I believe Schu will eventually get the better of Nico once the European phase of the season begins in Spain. I hope Schu can do very well next weekend.

#18321 sanW10

sanW10

• 134 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:03

:(

#18322 mimin

mimin

• 1,307 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:18

I am still disappointed and sad to see Michael parked his car. It's really hurt when hi had chance to stand in a podium, I don't care which podium he would stand should he didn't have the problem.

Yes, it was like everything is against him, it is so frustating. :cry: :cry:

#18323 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:35

One small part of the reason why Schumacher's a legend:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98853

In a weird way, this is a bit like his early years with Ferrari, he's doing it all over again. I doubt Costa, Willis and Bell would be there if it wasn't for the lure of the MS + Brawn pair, for instance, maybe one of them at best. He isn't 30 anymore, but then this is Michael Schumacher, any lesser WDC would have struggled to compete with drivers half his age and given up after the first year. Small steps at a time, the car is definitely good enough in qualifying for now, and without tyre issues it would seem a race winner as well.

And hey -for a brief while it seemed as though Irvine was going to pip him to the title after all the sweat and tears, but what followed more than made up for it. :D

Start placing bets on Schumacher poles/podiums or wins at

Spa
Monaco
Monza
Suzuka
Spain

If he doesn't get any on these tracks this year, there is no GOD, it would be more disappointing then China times a milliion.

So he's got a better car, and a long season ahead, the longest season, , it's better news then 2010/11 combined easily.

Schumacher actually did pretty well at Bahrain in 2010 his first race back, we didn't go there last year, but were going there again, it's pretty handy track for him.

Edited by SeanValen, 15 April 2012 - 14:37.

#18324 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,512 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:59

What kind of stupid fan would want that. You must be thick if you would rather him loose a possible max 18 points than retire just cause Nico was in the lead.

Stupid opinion you have of Schumacher fans if you actually think that.

Cool down. No need for such reaction, really.

#18325 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 1,329 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:00

I'm so disappointed, but I'd rather have MSC crash and be forced into retirement from traumatic injuries than finish a distant 2nd to Nico. :mad:

Kidding. That's absurd. The fact that MSC is, for the first time since 2006, in a car that can take a pole and a win in a dry race on pure speed is the most positive thing I can imagine. I'm crossing my fingers that Merc can keep the development curve high so that when I get to go to Canada, a track well suited to their car and a track where Michael was once totally dominant (never outqualified by a teammmate until 2010), I can expect to watch him fight for the win unlike last year when he slid backwards at the hands of DRS.

#18326 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:02

I'm so disappointed, but I'd rather have MSC crash and be forced into retirement from traumatic injuries than finish a distant 2nd to Nico. :mad:

Kidding. That's absurd. The fact that MSC is, for the first time since 2006, in a car that can take a pole and a win in a dry race on pure speed is the most positive thing I can imagine. I'm crossing my fingers that Merc can keep the development curve high so that when I get to go to Canada, a track well suited to their car and a track where Michael was once totally dominant (never outqualified by a teammmate until 2010), I can expect to watch him fight for the win unlike last year when he slid backwards at the hands of DRS.

Might be a choice to visit the race there :) :up:

#18327 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,512 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:06

Diablobb, Urawa and Szowelloe

My point is perhaps coloured by history: Fangio won the first and the last f1 race in the second Mercedes coming (or first, depends on how you count).

It would be fitting that another superdriver won the first race of their second (third) coming.

But I understand the points argument, given that, as BRK said, China is Schumacher's weekest circuit.

Also, perhaps I have a slight win or break mentality. When Schumacher came back I was fully expecting him to blow the field away...

#18328 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:12

I almost forgot about Canada for a second, I went there in 2006, great track. :up:

We also have
Spain
Monaco
Suzuka
Spa
Monza

And we all know most likely what's he done there, even in the mercedes cars of 2010/11 he was fast there.

17 races left, that used to be the total races of 1999/2000 and many seasons.

Oh and I almost forget Brazil
He's very good at Brazil as well

So Spain, Monaoc, Suzuka, Spa, Brazil, Monza are all to come, and the other races
He was handy at India last year as well, new gp in Austin texas, on paper Schumacher has alot of tracks to do something,

Edited by SeanValen, 15 April 2012 - 15:15.

#18329 Risil

Risil

• 16,556 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:14

Indeed. To paraphrase Arnie, he'll be back.

#18330 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:17

Diablobb, Urawa and Szowelloe

My point is perhaps coloured by history: Fangio won the first and the last f1 race in the second Mercedes coming (or first, depends on how you count).

It would be fitting that another superdriver won the first race of their second (third) coming.

But I understand the points argument, given that, as BRK said, China is Schumacher's weekest circuit.

Also, perhaps I have a slight win or break mentality. When Schumacher came back I was fully expecting him to blow the field away...

I would take a second or third place in a heartbeat, no matter if Nico is in front or down on 12th place.
Seeing Michael having 1 point after three races is one of the biggest jokes of the F1 season 2012.
He could very well be in the 30-40th point area right in the fight but I know there are no if´s in F1...

#18331 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 16:00

We also have:
Spain
Canada
Monaco
Suzuka
Spa
Monza
Silverstone - he was good there
Singapore- He was good there
India
Brasil

#18332 Goron3

Goron3

• 705 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 16:04

At quick, flowing circuits he will fly no doubt.

Valencia, Abu Dhabi and maybe even bahrain I'd put money on Rosberg.

#18333 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 4,221 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 16:52

He's had quite a bit of bad luck this year, hasn't he? Three setbacks in three races, all of which were not his fault.

Full confidence he'll get things back under control, though. He's been quicker than Nico thus far except at China, so there's every reason to believe that this race is more the exception that proves the rule rather than the natural order this year, but time will tell.

Very glad to see that Merc has got their car sorted, though--on a good weekend, Nico will be the only obstacle Schu faces on the way to victory.

#18334 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 17:27

I disagree with this statement because both drivers where not on the same setup. The changes made by Nico and his crew which permit him to grab the pole position were not made to Michael's car. IMO this explain the pace difference between the two at that point in the race. And we know Michael's ability to steadily improve its pace as the race goes on.

#18335 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 18:08

Sad outcome but lets think positive: the car is capable, this track is far from MS favourite yet podium was realistic, more suitable tracks are coming... Bad luck has to run out eventually ;)

I was so sure it would run out after two weekends... I guess we'll have to wait a hair more ;)

Edited by exmayol, 15 April 2012 - 18:08.

#18336 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 22:08

Funny Chinese interview with Michael and the others... :lol:
http://www.youtube.c...chumacher China

#18337 scarletf12002

scarletf12002

• 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 22:45

[quote name='Pits' date='Apr 15 2012, 23:08' post='5664333']
Funny Chinese interview with Michael and the others... :lol:
http://www.youtube.c...chumacher China
[/quot

That must have been one of the difficult interviews yet! Hats off to schumacher & Hamilton for looking some what professional! Alonso & co looked like they were on a school trip lol .. too funny!

#18338 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 00:56

The pitstop that ruined MS race. :(

#18339 nateshan

nateshan

• 132 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 00:58

I was a bit disappointed, Was really rooting for MS ):

Nico owned him in Quali and Race. There was an early sign of NR's pace in the long runs after the fast laps in FP3. What I was wondering was, why did mercedes not pit MS on the same lap as Button, given button was only 1.1 secs behind him? Button was starting to lose his pace to MS a few laps before he pitted. May be mercedes was trying to take a chance and see if they can work out 2 stop strategy? Anyway, 3 races and MS was hit with bad luck on all three of them? Every driver has bad luck in atleast one race in a season, I hope all the bad luck is behind MS for this season :confused:

Edited by nateshan, 16 April 2012 - 01:00.

Advertisement

#18340 Dodi_napalm

Dodi_napalm

• 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:08

Spain
Canada
Monaco
Suzuka
Spa
Monza
Silverstone - he was good there
Singapore- He was good there
India
Brasil

ok if so his world champion 2012 then.. :)
:clap: :clap:

#18341 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

• 755 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:28

I think the key is for MS to have a podium finish just once...possibly the next race. By doing so, i'm pretty much sure he'll have his confidence boosted, and he will be on attack mode from that race onwards.

Bahrain will be a hot race. Lets see if they have already managed to solve their tyre issues by that time.

#18342 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:37

I think the key is for MS to have a podium finish just once...possibly the next race. By doing so, i'm pretty much sure he'll have his confidence boosted, and he will be on attack mode from that race onwards.
Bahrain will be a hot race. Lets see if they have already managed to solve their tyre issues by that time.

I think he saw Nico on the top spot and he is seeing the Red now. He is already on attack mode. The problem is, he can't finish on three wheels.
Do they use one team for changing tyres, or they have two teams? If it is two ,then MS team sucks.

Edited by ivand911, 16 April 2012 - 09:33.

#18343 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:32

I doubt Schumacher suffers from a lack of confidence.

#18344 Jovcar

Jovcar

• 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 13:55

In Belgium will be his 300 race. Must win. :)

#18345 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 13:59

Disappointed. It's almost as if EVERYTHING works against Michael. All I wanted was a top 3 finish, nothing more. Just seeing him on the podium. Ah...

Like Hill's face in Australia '94. What Goes Around... Comes Around

#18346 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 14:00

I think he saw Nico on the top spot and he is seeing the Red now. He is already on attack mode. The problem is, he can't finish on three wheels.
Do they use one team for changing tyres, or they have two teams? If it is two ,then MS team sucks.

there's one pitcrew for both drivers

#18347 scarletf12002

scarletf12002

• 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 14:18

You really need to get over that! Bad for your health to hold grudge for that long..

#18348 pUs

pUs

• 2,577 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 14:21

Right. Just a few titles before things came around. Six or so..

#18349 chrisaix

chrisaix

• 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 14:25

Good read. I know victory is imminent for michael, i believe in you still.

http://www.yallaf1.c...-my-whole-life/

#18350 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 15:56

This has been done to death. Does it have to be dragged up every couple of pages on this thread?

Damon himself said a long time ago he should not have gone for that gap as it was always dissapearing. Damon also appears to have gotten over it - maybe you could try doing the same?