Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#18301 baddog

baddog

• 23,047 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:48

Perk up guys, Michael will deliver plenty in this car, we should be happy overall!

Advertisement

#18302 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 637 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:54

With this constant lottery, I don't know what to hope for. Rosberg was perfect today, would've probably won it even without McLaren's pit-stop error, but so many things have to go your way to win in such a tight field that you have to take your chances when they show themselves.

Hoping for better luck in the next races.

#18303 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,148 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:55

I am sick of hearing this quote "everyone finished the race apart from Michael" just makes it even more depressing.

#18304 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:56

Brawn very sorry they had a problem with Michael, it "doesn't happen very often with our team".

Que? :drunk:

#18305 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,425 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:58

With this constant lottery, I don't know what to hope for. Rosberg was perfect today, would've probably won it even without McLaren's pit-stop error, but so many things have to go your way to win in such a tight field that you have to take your chances when they show themselves.

Hoping for better luck in the next races.

This is my concern too. It does appear to be a bit random which cars work in which races. What if Merc don't really understand how they got the car working and it goes back to being crap. This could be the emergence of a race winning car, it could be a once in a season chance.

#18306 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,296 posts

2nd place thrown away.

Gearbox, another driver, wheel. Please, please some good luck for the next races.

#18307 Schumywdcf1

Schumywdcf1

• 32 posts

Was gutted really

but on the posittive side, Merc can win more races and Michael sure can get his 92th victory

All in all i am happy the Merc solved their tyre issues

#18308 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:59

Brawn very sorry they had a problem with Michael, it "doesn't happen very often with our team".

Que? :drunk:

not "very often" but often obviously... :mad: :well:

#18309 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:00

This is my concern too. It does appear to be a bit random which cars work in which races. What if Merc don't really understand how they got the car working and it goes back to being crap. This could be the emergence of a race winning car, it could be a once in a season chance.

That is the problem - Ros has this race, then we may go back to being 6th place + and schumacher has NO chance again. Spa, Suzuka, Monaco, Barcelona might show otherwise.

#18310 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,148 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:08

That is the problem - Ros has this race, then we may go back to being 6th place + and schumacher has NO chance again. Spa, Suzuka, Monaco, Barcelona might show otherwise.

Not to mention others will have super f duct later in the season no doubt. I can't help but feel Schumacher's chance of a podium is just slipping away through no fault of his own.

#18311 baddog

baddog

• 23,047 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:11

Oh and good to see Michael retains his usual utter refusal to blame his team ever.. 'Sorry for the guys on the crew'. No wonder they love him.

#18312 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 637 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:16

As some of you mentioned already, his attitude is admirable. Does me make wonder sometimes whether I behave quite fair enough in far less stressful situations.

#18313 Sof1

Sof1

• 590 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:17

It feels really bad for MSC. He is so far back on the points. Very unfortunate really!

#18314 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 608 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:20

Not to mention others will have super f duct later in the season no doubt. I can't help but feel Schumacher's chance of a podium is just slipping away through no fault of his own.

The car has potential, the team will be really motivated to keep improving it and i expect to work really hard for the W03 to get even better and perform well under any kind of circumstance so i think it's down to Schumy to do it when he gets a trouble free. If it depends on him, i am convinced he will work as hard as he needs to find the best set ups and pull this off. As long as the ball is in his hands i am full of hope he will pull this off.

#18315 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:21

starting 4th, 3rd and 2nd (3rd) and having 1 point is more frustrating than the bad mid 2010 phase

#18316 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,680 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:23

As some of you mentioned already, his attitude is admirable. Does me make wonder sometimes whether I behave quite fair enough in far less stressful situations.

we usually don't and most people don't
probably that's why we never win 7world anythings :)

#18317 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:26

Wow, just wow.

This ALWAYS has to happen with MS, no one else. ALWAYS Michael. Wow.

Im very happy for Nico as a Merc fan, but MS's tough luck is just so FRUSTRATING.

But despite all that, this dude wasn't blaming the pit (even though I would like to say a big F*** you to the pits for ruining MS' race for a potential 1-2) and was happy for team success.

I believe from the bottom of my heart that he will have his time again someday. I guess fate just decided that today wasn't the day for that. Let's just wait for that day when it comes, and I have a feeling it's gonna come soon......

#18318 Schumywdcf1

Schumywdcf1

• 32 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:29

we usually don't and most people don't
probably that's why we never win 7world anythings :)

i am still fuming, MS smiling at the camera when Nico won
Well thats why he is sucessfull and i am typing this here :lol: :|

#18319 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,680 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:30

This ALWAYS has to happen with MS, no one else. ALWAYS Michael. Wow.

that's a bit unfair
he's won 7wdc and had a lot of luck at some points in his career.
team mistakes are part of the game, it's a very difficult game and he's best at keeping his head cool and not throwing his toys around.
the guys made a mistake, that's life. maybe in bahrain he crashes, stalls or anything :) it can happen
they need to work hard and keep their heads clear.

Advertisement

#18320 Jolkins

Jolkins

• 46 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:32

Disappointed. It's almost as if EVERYTHING works against Michael. All I wanted was a top 3 finish, nothing more. Just seeing him on the podium. Ah...

#18321 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,820 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:38

Gutted...absolutely gutted...

but it's so nice to see MS in joy in the pitwall when the checqured flag was waved for Nico!

#18322 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:04

One small part of the reason why Schumacher's a legend:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98853

In a weird way, this is a bit like his early years with Ferrari, he's doing it all over again. I doubt Costa, Willis and Bell would be there if it wasn't for the lure of the MS + Brawn pair, for instance, maybe one of them at best. He isn't 30 anymore, but then this is Michael Schumacher, any lesser WDC would have struggled to compete with drivers half his age and given up after the first year. Small steps at a time, the car is definitely good enough in qualifying for now, and without tyre issues it would seem a race winner as well.

And hey -for a brief while it seemed as though Irvine was going to pip him to the title after all the sweat and tears, but what followed more than made up for it. :D

#18323 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:06

Hell get his chance. This is a car with possibilities.

But I was angry too. :mad:

#18324 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:07

I feel so damn sorry for Michael today. It's like everything's worked against him so far this season.

At least we know that Mercedes is working towards fixing the tyre-eating issues and that it's a potential race winner. The wins will come, I'm sure of that.

#18325 stormshadow

stormshadow

• 506 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:23

This host of bad things happening to Michael is like Kenny always getting killed in Southpark.
WTF dude :mad: !

#18326 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,487 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49

Still, I suppose Schumacher fans would be even more disappointed if he were to be 2nd from Rosberg (or, worse still, 3rd or 4th)... So good think he retired, no?

#18327 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50

Still, I suppose Schumacher fans would be even more disappointed if he were to be 2nd from Rosberg (or, worse still, 3rd or 4th)... So good think he retired, no?

What? :eek:

#18328 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:53

i am still fuming, MS smiling at the camera when Nico won
Well thats why he is sucessfull and i am typing this here :lol: :|

I don't think he had too much luck on his pre 2007 carrier. He lost 3 WDCs on the last race one on other possible WDC in 99 because of his injury, and don'f forget that in 05 FIA make new rules against him.

But this season start remembers me 2010, whan alwas MS was the "unlucky" guy in Merc...

#18329 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,296 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:53

erm... NO.

Points are points. Especially since i believe he would have finished 2nd.

#18330 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:55

This is probably Schumacher's worst track and Rosberg's best, so no.

#18331 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 3,893 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57

Thank God there´s a race next week. Schu can get 92th soon, so even today we must remain optimists. The WDC is another thing... it´s early stages, but if they have a top tier car, he´ll fight it.

#18332 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,529 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59

Quite twisted thinking. Very frustrating bad luck, but NR has made my day just as much. MS fans are happy to know that the team has a car capable to fight for podiums on merit. The rest is up to the drivers.

#18333 Richardc

Richardc

• 235 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:02

I don't think he had too much luck on his pre 2007 carrier. He lost 3 WDCs on the last race one on other possible WDC in 99 because of his injury, and don'f forget that in 05 FIA make new rules against him.

But this season start remembers me 2010, whan alwas MS was the "unlucky" guy in Merc...

And the start of 2011 when he was the unlucky guy in merc (kers/DRS ruining Qualis), and through 2011, when he was the more unlucky guy in merc :mad:

#18334 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,680 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:11

This is probably Schumacher's worst track and Rosberg's best, so no.

Funny thing though...his last win is in China 2006 :)

#18335 as65p

as65p

• 16,626 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:12

Really bad luck with the retirement, but then he was totally blown away by Rosbergs pace as long as they were both on track. The gap at the finish would have been nasty

#18336 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:17

Really bad luck with the retirement, but then he was totally blown away by Rosbergs pace as long as they were both on track. The gap at the finish would have been nasty

Possibly yes, maybe not. There were enough examples between the two where it was turned around by 180 deg between a stint.

#18337 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,160 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:34

Different strategies, different points of view. Things do happen from time to time, and Michael had it in spades this year, yet there is another race to have another go at it. There is no need to be ugly and nasty through speculations.

#18338 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,148 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:02

What kind of stupid fan would want that. You must be thick if you would rather him loose a possible max 18 points than retire just cause Nico was in the lead.

Stupid opinion you have of Schumacher fans if you actually think that.

#18339 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 1,776 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 13:55

I believe Schu will eventually get the better of Nico once the European phase of the season begins in Spain. I hope Schu can do very well next weekend.

Advertisement

#18340 sanW10

sanW10

• 124 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:03

:(

#18341 mimin

mimin

• 1,307 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:18

I am still disappointed and sad to see Michael parked his car. It's really hurt when hi had chance to stand in a podium, I don't care which podium he would stand should he didn't have the problem.

Yes, it was like everything is against him, it is so frustating. :cry: :cry:

#18342 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:35

One small part of the reason why Schumacher's a legend:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98853

In a weird way, this is a bit like his early years with Ferrari, he's doing it all over again. I doubt Costa, Willis and Bell would be there if it wasn't for the lure of the MS + Brawn pair, for instance, maybe one of them at best. He isn't 30 anymore, but then this is Michael Schumacher, any lesser WDC would have struggled to compete with drivers half his age and given up after the first year. Small steps at a time, the car is definitely good enough in qualifying for now, and without tyre issues it would seem a race winner as well.

And hey -for a brief while it seemed as though Irvine was going to pip him to the title after all the sweat and tears, but what followed more than made up for it. :D

Start placing bets on Schumacher poles/podiums or wins at

Spa
Monaco
Monza
Suzuka
Spain

If he doesn't get any on these tracks this year, there is no GOD, it would be more disappointing then China times a milliion.

So he's got a better car, and a long season ahead, the longest season, , it's better news then 2010/11 combined easily.

Schumacher actually did pretty well at Bahrain in 2010 his first race back, we didn't go there last year, but were going there again, it's pretty handy track for him.

Edited by SeanValen, 15 April 2012 - 14:37.

#18343 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,487 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:59

What kind of stupid fan would want that. You must be thick if you would rather him loose a possible max 18 points than retire just cause Nico was in the lead.

Stupid opinion you have of Schumacher fans if you actually think that.

Cool down. No need for such reaction, really.

#18344 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 535 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:00

I'm so disappointed, but I'd rather have MSC crash and be forced into retirement from traumatic injuries than finish a distant 2nd to Nico. :mad:

Kidding. That's absurd. The fact that MSC is, for the first time since 2006, in a car that can take a pole and a win in a dry race on pure speed is the most positive thing I can imagine. I'm crossing my fingers that Merc can keep the development curve high so that when I get to go to Canada, a track well suited to their car and a track where Michael was once totally dominant (never outqualified by a teammmate until 2010), I can expect to watch him fight for the win unlike last year when he slid backwards at the hands of DRS.

#18345 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:02

I'm so disappointed, but I'd rather have MSC crash and be forced into retirement from traumatic injuries than finish a distant 2nd to Nico. :mad:

Kidding. That's absurd. The fact that MSC is, for the first time since 2006, in a car that can take a pole and a win in a dry race on pure speed is the most positive thing I can imagine. I'm crossing my fingers that Merc can keep the development curve high so that when I get to go to Canada, a track well suited to their car and a track where Michael was once totally dominant (never outqualified by a teammmate until 2010), I can expect to watch him fight for the win unlike last year when he slid backwards at the hands of DRS.

Might be a choice to visit the race there :) :up:

#18346 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,487 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:06

Diablobb, Urawa and Szowelloe

My point is perhaps coloured by history: Fangio won the first and the last f1 race in the second Mercedes coming (or first, depends on how you count).

It would be fitting that another superdriver won the first race of their second (third) coming.

But I understand the points argument, given that, as BRK said, China is Schumacher's weekest circuit.

Also, perhaps I have a slight win or break mentality. When Schumacher came back I was fully expecting him to blow the field away...

#18347 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:12

I almost forgot about Canada for a second, I went there in 2006, great track. :up:

We also have
Spain
Monaco
Suzuka
Spa
Monza

And we all know most likely what's he done there, even in the mercedes cars of 2010/11 he was fast there.

17 races left, that used to be the total races of 1999/2000 and many seasons.

Oh and I almost forget Brazil
He's very good at Brazil as well

So Spain, Monaoc, Suzuka, Spa, Brazil, Monza are all to come, and the other races
He was handy at India last year as well, new gp in Austin texas, on paper Schumacher has alot of tracks to do something,

Edited by SeanValen, 15 April 2012 - 15:15.

#18348 Risil

Risil

• 12,234 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:14

Indeed. To paraphrase Arnie, he'll be back.

#18349 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:17

Diablobb, Urawa and Szowelloe

My point is perhaps coloured by history: Fangio won the first and the last f1 race in the second Mercedes coming (or first, depends on how you count).

It would be fitting that another superdriver won the first race of their second (third) coming.

But I understand the points argument, given that, as BRK said, China is Schumacher's weekest circuit.

Also, perhaps I have a slight win or break mentality. When Schumacher came back I was fully expecting him to blow the field away...

I would take a second or third place in a heartbeat, no matter if Nico is in front or down on 12th place.
Seeing Michael having 1 point after three races is one of the biggest jokes of the F1 season 2012.
He could very well be in the 30-40th point area right in the fight but I know there are no if´s in F1...

#18350 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 16:00

We also have:
Spain
Canada
Monaco
Suzuka
Spa
Monza
Silverstone - he was good there