• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#18801 kissTheApex

kissTheApex

• 207 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 20:46

Pirelli responds to Michael Schumacher's criticism of its tyres
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99103

Well I believe M.S. has a point there. Ever since last year, it's become a tire management exercise hasn't it?

Advertisement

#18802 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,739 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 20:55

His car just won the Chinese GP.. also his team mate was on the podium in the first year of Mercedes. If Michael was "Michael Schumacher" he would have been replaced already. Lets hope his luck changes soon. It hurts to see the man lingering in midfield.

are you that narrow minded?
his car failed while 3rd in Australia, 2nd in China, his DRS failed on Q1 and had a gearbox change after that
who care what the sister car f**ing did?
In his only race without huge problems he outraced his team mate.

#18803 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,780 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 20:58

What are you expecting? To tell you what MS could do if gearbox didn't fail in Aus, if RG didn't hit him in MAL, If he didn't finish in the grass in China, if his DRS didn't fail in Q1 in BAH? What exactly? How that compare to Kimi or Nico?

You don't get the point. Not surprising. Will say it slowly to understand it: In that times they all pushed the cars. This how they drive back then. And MS pushed all the time.
And he didn't win all his titles in the best teams and the best cars. You know it ,but still you want me to tell you that.

He's had a run of bad luck plain and simple. He has to deal with the tyre issue just as everyone else does, plain and simple. If he were winning none of you would be jumping on the anti-Pirelli bandwagon. If it's not one thing it's another.
Kimi has reached the podium in the 4th race of his return and Schumacher has yet to do so. That is a fact, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with being a hater or not. To make nyself very clear and you can look it up if you choose, I have repeatedly said that given the car both MS and NR are more than capable of reaching the top step of the podium. So far Nico has done so, Michael can do the same. As I've said, he's just had a run of bad luck. It's racing it happens.

#18804 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 21:03

Well I believe M.S. has a point there. Ever since last year, it's become a tire management exercise hasn't it?

It is. Tyre is the word of 2012.

#18805 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 21:08

He's had a run of bad luck plain and simple. He has to deal with the tyre issue just as everyone else does, plain and simple. If he were winning none of you would be jumping on the anti-Pirelli bandwagon. If it's not one thing it's another.
Kimi has reached the podium in the 4th race of his return and Schumacher has yet to do so. That is a fact, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with being a hater or not. To make nyself very clear and you can look it up if you choose, I have repeatedly said that given the car both MS and NR are more than capable of reaching the top step of the podium. So far Nico has done so, Michael can do the same. As I've said, he's just had a run of bad luck. It's racing it happens.

Not entirely accurate. I am Seb's (and Michael's fan), Seb won, and I still do not consider tire specification as a happy solution to good racing that I like.

#18806 weston

weston

• 370 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 21:09

Schumacher has a valid point. I am happy he raised his voice.
Pirelli with its extreme tyre lottery undermines two important elements of F1: car development (WDC) and the race of the fastest drivers (WCC). This tyre lottery is nothing else than Bernie's artificial rain idea embedded into tyres.

When Alonso's and Vettel's and Hamilton's fans are saying the same as Schumacher's fans there is something very wrong.

#18807 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 21:44

Summary of the first part of the season:

Looked better than Rosberg in the first two races, worse in China and about equal in race pace (considering timing-comparison) today.

And as a result he is.... well... 33 points behind his teammate.

F1 can be a cruel sometimes for some drivers.

Edited by LiJu914, 22 April 2012 - 21:44.

#18808 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 22:41

Posted Image

#18809 valachus

valachus

• 1,070 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 23:27

His car just won the Chinese GP.

No, during the Chinese GP his car left the pits of the Shanghai International Circuit with a badly fastened right front tyre, subsequently forcing its driver to pull over in the same lap and end his race prematurely.

Edited by valachus, 22 April 2012 - 23:33.

#18810 SB

SB

• 1,791 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:18

It is. Tyre is the word of 2012.

New to F1 ? Isnt Tire ALWAYS the word in F1 ?

Even Micheal championship in 2005 was saved by the late season change to tire rules that gave the advantage back to Ferrari / Bridgestone from Williams / Michelin?

#18811 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:22

Even Micheal championship in 2005 was saved by the late season change to tire rules that gave the advantage back to Ferrari / Bridgestone from Williams / Michelin?

Tyres may have always been a part of the word... but not THE WORD.

Something is wrong when it's no longer about ever finding the limit in raw pace during any part of the race, but instead it's about tippy toeing to prevent the tyres falling off drastically before those of another competitor.

I don't see what the issue is in seeing this basic point.

BTW, no one is saying that tyre management wasn't always an issue. It's a matter of degree here. It's now way too much of an issue. It's taking away from the opportunity to witness outright racing on the limit. How many drivers span off or ran wide because they were on the limit today. It's actually very telling.

#18812 steveninthematrix

steveninthematrix

• 329 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:45

yes, this sounds ridiculous, but what is more ridiculous is how often

something breaks on Michaels car, kers, DRS, gearbox, throttle, suddenly losing drive, or pitstop problems or or....

Its like a mechanic from williams from the early 90's is working at Merc now, because things just continue to break every race on Michael's car, either in quali or the race....; remember Michael's comments last year, about how it felt DRS made his car go slower at some races; it sounds totally ridiculous, I agree, but what is more ridiculous is how almost every race, something fails on Michael's car

#18813 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,005 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53

yes, this sounds ridiculous, but what is more ridiculous is how often

something breaks on Michaels car, kers, DRS, gearbox, throttle, suddenly losing drive, or pitstop problems or or....

Its like a mechanic from williams from the early 90's is working at Merc now, because things just continue to break every race on Michael's car, either in quali or the race....; remember Michael's comments last year, about how it felt DRS made his car go slower at some races; it sounds totally ridiculous, I agree, but what is more ridiculous is how almost every race, something fails on Michael's car

Yeah. Jock Clear never got over Jerez 97. Can't possibly be any other explanation :rolleyes:

What happened to you make your own luck when Schumacher was winning race after race, while his team mate was being left on stands sitting on the grid? On left in the pits with 3 wheels? Or out of fuel again...

If we want to hold to the theory that teams sabotage their own car, then there are some serious questions hovering over Ferrari during the Micheal years.

#18814 Zauba

Zauba

• 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:48

Tyres may have always been a part of the word... but not THE WORD.

Something is wrong when it's no longer about ever finding the limit in raw pace during any part of the race, but instead it's about tippy toeing to prevent the tyres falling off drastically before those of another competitor.

BTW, no one is saying that tyre management wasn't always an issue. It's a matter of degree here. It's now way too much of an issue. It's taking away from the opportunity to witness outright racing on the limit. How many drivers span off or ran wide because they were on the limit today. It's actually very telling.

+1

At least the next 2 tracks will suit Schumi's driving much better than the last 2 dull tracks.

#18815 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:50

BTW, no one is saying that tyre management wasn't always an issue. It's a matter of degree here. It's now way too much of an issue. It's taking away from the opportunity to witness outright racing on the limit.

There's a lot of truth contained in these comments. Taking care of the tires is all well & good, but it's a bit ott this year methinks.

#18816 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:20

Michael didn't win in 2005. In fact it was one of his worst years. Due to tyres again.

The very fact that I don't remember any driver recently breaking a wing against a barrier speaks a lot about driving well below their and their cars' limits.

#18817 Goron3

Goron3

• 601 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:58

What the hell does michael's 2005 campaign have anything to do with changes to tyres? The title was contested by Renault and Mclaren, both using MICHELIN tyres. If you're referring to Indianapolis, that was Michelins problem, it had nothing to do with a rule change.

#18818 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,739 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:01

What the hell does michael's 2005 campaign have anything to do with changes to tyres? The title was contested by Renault and Mclaren, both using MICHELIN tyres. If you're referring to Indianapolis, that was Michelins problem, it had nothing to do with a rule change.

I think he means 2003
btw, as I remember Michelin said in 2003 they didn't change anything on their tyres after the scandal

#18819 moorsey

moorsey

• 633 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:14

I have never been a MS supporter but I warmed to hime during the pre-race presentations this year and I feel he is absolutely spot on with his moans about tyres. I waznt to see on-the-edge, balls out racing and not the current 90% driving in order to conserve tyres. It may make the race seem exciting to the occasional F1 watcher but it is "driving" and not "racing" as far as I'm concerned. I now just wait for the results rather than watch the entire race as it is far too false now.

Advertisement

#18820 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:20

Yeah. Jock Clear never got over Jerez 97. Can't possibly be any other explanation :rolleyes:

What happened to you make your own luck when Schumacher was winning race after race, while his team mate was being left on stands sitting on the grid? On left in the pits with 3 wheels? Or out of fuel again...

If we want to hold to the theory that teams sabotage their own car, then there are some serious questions hovering over Ferrari during the Micheal years.

I do not agree with concept of sabotage, that's seems rather OTT and despite that it makes no sense, we cannot forget certain Mr. S. at Ferrari and strange white substance in his pockets. Unbelievable things do happen.

I have always questioned whether it is a good idea to get Schumacher and Clear together because of the past. Clear might be performing well for Schumacher these days, but is he really committed to his full extend and beyond, as some other man, hungry for victory would? Perhaps that small margin of extra is missing to complement demanding Schumacher. I hope Ross has left no stone upturned, even if this is a hidden, hard to detect attribute, and you can discover it only through rotation of men. Recent events definitely are ripe for a deep dig into heart of the problem, despite that it was increasingly apparent already last year, that not all is well. Weird strategies, delays, and every downfall went down to car and the concept of the "old man", thus it was difficult to submit a rational case that his team is not up to snuff, but I think smoke has cleared this year, and not everything could be put to Schumacher's doorstep anymore.

Edited by Sakae, 23 April 2012 - 11:55.

#18821 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:20

Guys I really do think we are best off not trying to claim any sort of conspiracy or sabotage. Everyone involved at Merc is professional and hard working. I also think Jock Clear has been good for Michael.

He has had some bad luck, yes, but thats life. Sometimes the odds just fall against you. McLaren have also been having their problems, maybe there is something systemic that can be looked at in both cases, but I refuse to believe these teams are spending $10's millions just to have someone bugger it up on purpose.

I am far, far more concerned by his comments about the tires. It isn't just Schumi that has raised this point, the commentators were banging on about drivers not pushing from lap 2 yesterday, that just isn't F1. I'm glad Schumi has spoken out and I hope we get to see these guys going flat out again soon. Watching a driver plod around to match a computer simulation doesn't do it for me.

#18822 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:38

One thing that worries me are the guys who work on the simulator. I mean Bird and Davidson. I understand they work mainly in the simulator. So, this is the guys who determine the race setups. I am not comfortable with that. I am not sure they find the best setup. MS and Nico are not doing much in the simulator? l would be happy if they were doing this work too. I mean finding the best setup for the next race.

#18823 Paa

Paa

• 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:45

I think Nico is using the sim on a regular basis, however Michael not so much because his brain/nervous system wouldn't tolerate that.

#18824 schubacca

schubacca

• 796 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:56

I think that this year MS is driving just fine.

The car is simply not up to snuff....

I agree with the tyres being an utter joke.

I am all for close racing......... just not ARTIFICIALLY close racing. Unfortunately, this is what DRS, Pirelli tyres are all about.

Next up for F1...... Competition Yellow Flags

#18825 jav

jav

• 197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 14:13

I don't think it's the car and have mixed feelings about the tires. The good news is that it has improved the show. Car's are much closer together BUT it seems less about racing and more about conservation.

I can't think of a good reason why a new set of tires should only be good for 1-2 good laps. I'm fine with having a high wear rate but performance should remain relatively consistent for the life of the tire... say 10 laps. If you push them, the cliff comes at 8 laps, and if you nurse them you can get 12.

But when degredation is such that if you squeeze out 1 great lap- the tire is now is now so far below par that getting that one great lap is negated by all the others- sucks. It's almost like they engineered the tire as a timer... drive it anyway you like but it will only function if you take X amount of time to cover Y distance. Otherwise- it turns to mush and regardless of how good you car is- you'll be going backwards ALA Kimi last week.

#18826 schubacca

schubacca

• 796 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 17:14

Next up:

Pirelli introduces a tyre that is good for only 2 of the 3 sectors in 1 lap..... This will make for close qualifying because if you cane it earlier on the lap, you will suffer in sector 3.

:)

#18827 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 17:19

I don't think it's the car and have mixed feelings about the tires. The good news is that it has improved the show. Car's are much closer together BUT it seems less about racing and more about conservation.

I don't remember me wanting to get out of the bed two in the morning to see car close together and be awarded with less racing.

#18828 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 733 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:09

Pirelli gets all touchy when anything is said about its garbage rubber that contains even a whiff of criticism. Instead of getting all huffy and engaging in schoolboy rhetoric, perhaps they should shut up and listen and then maybe try to make some needed improvements.

#18829 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,299 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:21

Pirelli gets all touchy when anything is said about its garbage rubber that contains even a whiff of criticism. Instead of getting all huffy and engaging in schoolboy rhetoric, perhaps they should shut up and listen and then maybe try to make some needed improvements.

I suppose I'm the only one in the thread who thinks Schumacher just needs to get on with the programme? Nonsense rules didn't hold him back before, and they won't now. It's one bad race, we've got 16 to go--plenty of Schumacher's better tracks are coming up later this year as well. We're all complaining now, but if he wins or podiums in Spain this will become a relatively small issue, I'm sure. :p

#18830 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:31

I suppose I'm the only one in the thread who thinks Schumacher just needs to get on with the programme? Nonsense rules didn't hold him back before, and they won't now. It's one bad race, we've got 16 to go--plenty of Schumacher's better tracks are coming up later this year as well. We're all complaining now, but if he wins or podiums in Spain this will become a relatively small issue, I'm sure. :p

Is everybody else but Schumacher happy with the situation? I think that he is not alone in his view, and taking his considerable experience with hard-line racing, I am willing to listen what he says (especially when its music to my ears). :)

#18831 Neophiliac

Neophiliac

• 279 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:32

+1

At least the next 2 tracks will suit Schumi's driving much better than the last 2 dull tracks.

Exactly...

Wait. What?! That's Barca and Monaco we're talking about as being "fun", right? I mean, I love Monaco as much as the next guy, but that's mostly for the armco walls, the scenery and the shots of F1 cars over that chicane. Otherwise, it ain't exactly conducive to 3-abreast stuff even when it's wet. And Barcelona can really only "fun" with these Pirellis.

#18832 jav

jav

• 197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:46

I don't remember me wanting to get out of the bed two in the morning to see car close together and be awarded with less racing.

I disagree. Last season I didn't bother getting up early and could predict, Vettel on Pole, Vettel leads, Vettel wins. Before DRS, racers often went around in percesional order seperated by great distances (often longer than the pit stop interval).

This year, I can honestly say I've gotten up early not knowing who was going to win and knowing it could be anyone of half the entries. I know this has been artificial, but excitment of tight races and the different winners seems to more interesting than outright domination and follow the leader.

BTW- I agree with MSC, tires should not trump all other aspects of racing. It should be about racing, not just tire conservation.

Edited by jav, 23 April 2012 - 18:49.

#18833 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:54

When other teams were protesting about their innovative DDRS, they said that other teams just need to copy or incorporate it (if they can and understand how it works) into their cars. So Michael, why don't you just tell your designers/engineers to design a car that will be more gentle with the Pirellis so you can make the most out of them.

I wonder if you will complain about Pirelli tyres if you are winning. Obviously, you will not am sure.

#18834 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,504 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:59

When other teams were protesting about their innovative DDRS, they said that other teams just need to copy or incorporate it (if they can and understand how it works) into their cars. So Michael, why don't you just tell your designers/engineers to design a car that will be more gentle with the Pirellis so you can make the most out of them.

I wonder if you will complain about Pirelli tyres if you are winning. Obviously, you will not am sure.

Nico after China : I "was never able to go flat out" in order to manage his tyres properly

What more do you want?

P.S. Michael handles these tires pretty well. That's not the point or the problem.

Edited by Diablobb81, 23 April 2012 - 19:00.

#18835 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,299 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 19:00

I can't remember the last time Schumacher openly criticised the team he was racing for--I don't think he's really one to do that.

Having said that, I'm quite certain someone will conveniently pop up with recent evidence to the contrary within a few minutes. :p

#18836 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,457 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 19:04

Posts deleted, others edited.

We received no reports of trolling or personal attacks from this thread over the weekend and yet here they are. Please use the report function. Do not use the report function and then reply anyway or you're just part of the downward spiral.

This thread is about Michael Schumacher. It is not about the W03, nor the rivalry with his teammate. It is also not about Pirelli tyres. I suggest that the comments about the tyres are best discussed in a thread for that purpose where comments from other drivers can be included and compared without going off topic.

#18837 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,457 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 20:30

A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. Please do not ignore me.

#18838 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,457 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:38

Again, posts deleted.

The rules of the forum are in my signature. If you have an issue with them, please pm me. Do not comment in the forum.

#18839 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 13:08

I disagree. Last season I didn't bother getting up early and could predict, Vettel on Pole, Vettel leads, Vettel wins. Before DRS, racers often went around in percesional order seperated by great distances (often longer than the pit stop interval).

This year, I can honestly say I've gotten up early not knowing who was going to win and knowing it could be anyone of half the entries. I know this has been artificial, but excitment of tight races and the different winners seems to more interesting than outright domination and follow the leader.

BTW- I agree with MSC, tires should not trump all other aspects of racing. It should be about racing, not just tire conservation.

I do not really care about turnovers at the lead for sake of seeing different faces at the front every time I come back from the fridge. I do care however in every race to see the best on the top, and by the definition of being best, inevitably it will end up to be the same face. Schumacher 's point is that we do not have tight races (you like) as results of driver skills, but due to hard to control variability in tire performance, and that's the crux of the problem.

Advertisement

#18840 jav

jav

• 197 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 17:32

...I do care however in every race to see the best on the top, and by the definition of being best, inevitably it will end up to be the same face. Schumacher 's point is that we do not have tight races (you like) as results of driver skills, but due to hard to control variability in tire performance, and that's the crux of the problem.

I get what your saying but think your view misses the mark. The "best" (as you put it)- can mean many things. This year, "the Best" is being determined to a greater extent by tire management than it has in the past AND not only as controlled by the driver.

Who ever wins in these circumstances IS the "best" on that day. Sure - like Micheal, I wish the tires weren't such a big peice of the performance puzzle but they are and it's the same for everyone. Your either successful (as a team and driver) in dealing with it or you're not. Yes- tight races aren't the result of driver skill alone, but neither has winning ever been. I do agree the drivers contribution has been diminished some by setup, strategy and the tires narrow operating window but its' still there.

I think it's short sighted to say the best will inevitably be the same face. I don't believe for one second that if the tires were to be all that Micheal wanted- he'd all the sudden be dominating. Who ever best masters the circumstances of a certain situation should win on merit. If it were always the same face, it would become boring and is unrealistic. Otherwise, in every sport there would be one person or one team that won all the time because they're "the best".

The excitement I hear all this buzz about comes from not knowing who will win today. Everyone has a chance... who will do it today? In that sense, the tires have helped IMHO.

Edited by jav, 24 April 2012 - 17:53.

#18841 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 21:11

:cat: a lot of discussion Schumi speaking bad of Pirelli.....why don't they make some rubbers that are how he would like!?

#18842 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 21:31

:cat: a lot of discussion Schumi speaking bad of Pirelli.....why don't they make some rubbers that are how he would like!?

:up: :up: :up:

MS and his fans has forgotten Indianapolis (US) Grand Prix (2005 or 2006? can't remember) where all Michelin cars refused to race due to safety reason and were demanding to put a chicane on the last turn banking. But Schumi knowing that he's got the advantage there and that his Michelin rivals cannot afford to drive up to their limit on that banking refused to join the Michelin driver to put a chicane.

And now he's complaining because he cannot push to the limit due to his tyre???????

#18843 schubacca

schubacca

• 796 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 21:39

MS and his fans has forgotten Indianapolis (US) Grand Prix (2005 or 2006? can't remember) where all Michelin cars refused to race due to safety reason and were demanding to put a chicane on the last turn banking. But Schumi knowing that he's got the advantage there and that his Michelin rivals cannot afford to drive up to their limit on that banking refused to join the Michelin driver to put a chicane.

And now he's complaining because he cannot push to the limit due to his tyre???????

No dude....

He is saying that NO driver can drive on the limit and expect those POS tyres to last a decent amount of time.

LH, JB, NR, and many others are echoing this feeling.

#18844 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 21:39

Michael...some drivers are driving backmarker cars and cannot push to their limit because they are limited to what their cars can allow them to. But they are not complaining because they know they don't have as much money as your team to develop a faster car.

And now you are complaining because Pirellis are not allowing you to push to the limit?

#18845 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 21:43

No dude....

He is saying that NO driver can drive on the limit and expect those POS tyres to last a decent amount of time.

LH, JB, NR, and many others are echoing this feeling.

It's the same for everybody so what is the problem..It does not favour anyone, does it?

It's the same thing as having a slow car where it does not enable you to push to the limit.

#18846 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,982 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 21:52

Michael...some drivers are driving backmarker cars and cannot push to their limit because they are limited to what their cars can allow them to. But they are not complaining because they know they don't have as much money as your team to develop a faster car.

And now you are complaining because Pirellis are not allowing you to push to the limit?

Not just HIM, Alonso, Button, Hamilton etc have ALL complained.

When you cannot push your car OR chase a leading car because your tyres will degrade so quickly, that is an artifical situation and not motor racing. It is a farce.

#18847 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 21:59

Not just HIM, Alonso, Button, Hamilton etc have ALL complained.

When you cannot push your car OR chase a leading car because your tyres will degrade so quickly, that is an artifical situation and not motor racing. It is a farce.

Isn't it artificial when Schumi's teammates have to move aside to let him win? He was not complaining then..and now he's complaining about racing being artificial because of the tyres.

#18848 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 23:25

This is patently not only false, but also gross misrepresentation of events of that racing weekend. Within context of concern Michelin had, and nonsence about safety of T13, it was not Schumacher who was deciding what will be done, when, by whom and if at all. I am suprised that you get away with this in here.

Edited by Sakae, 24 April 2012 - 23:56.

#18849 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53

It's the same for everybody so what is the problem..It does not favour anyone, does it?

It's the same thing as having a slow car where it does not enable you to push to the limit.

The next time we wish to have a regulation changed because there's a problem with it, we'll leave it as such because there's no problem. Afterall, it's the same regulation for all teams to follow.

A driver taking a slow car to the limit of his and the car's/tyre's performance is one thing. However, driving a slow car below the limit of mechanical grip and driver performance because of concern for tyre wear is entirely different. Why is it so difficult to see this distinct difference??? This is all Michael is referring to. The Pirelli's hold him back way too much. It's artificial.... he cannot attack as he normally would or wish to.

Oops!! I know .... it's the same for everybody so what's the problem?

Edited by ali_M, 25 April 2012 - 02:54.

#18850 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:01

Brundle's made it clear that Schuey's not the only one that is very unhappy with the tyre.