Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#1851 1amiga

1amiga

• 48 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 20:48

"With regard to the penalty given to Michael, we believed that the track had gone green and the race was not finishing under a safety car when article 40.13 clearly would have applied. The reason for the safety car had been removed, the FIA had announced 'Safety Car in this lap' early on lap 78 and the track had been declared clear by race control. This was further endorsed when the marshals showed green flags and lights after safety car line one. On previous occasions when it has been necessary to complete a race under a safety car, full course yellows are maintained, as in Melbourne 2009. On the last lap, we therefore advised our drivers that they should race to the line and Michael made his move on Fernando for sixth place. We have appealed the decision of the stewards."

RB

Advertisement

#1852 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 20:48

Schuamcher has bad luck in f1 ever since the last 2 races of 06. I know most will say its karma ect.

OZ He got shoved off the track by a spinning Alonso after an impressive start that saw him up to 4th.

MAL Car failed while running in 6th

China Damaged car causng lack of pace.

Now Monaco Team error causes loss of points.

Things can only hopefully get better but its Turkey next one of MS's least favourite tracks.

We shall overcome ... :)

There is such a song.

#1853 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 20:50

so mercedes is now appealing the stewards' decision but not the penality itself
what does that mean, what happens if they win the appeal?

#1854 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 20:54

so mercedes is now appealing the stewards' decision but not the penality itself
what does that mean, what happens if they win the appeal?

Nothing! They can say ok we can see your point of view and thats the best Mercedes will get. Waste of time tbh even though i dont like it myself.

#1855 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 20:55

Maybe more clear rules put into the book. That alone would be a kind of success.

#1856 FrancoDeBoss

FrancoDeBoss

• 33 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 20:57

They will win the appeal. The green flags and video's are enough information. Every driver there apart from the ones in red cars were racing in that final corner.

#1857 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,205 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 22:08

The old cheat is back :rotfl:

The old boy still has it!!!

True on both counts!

That was the old Schumacher, as we know him and love/loathe him.
Sneaky, foxy, trying to use every loophole, even if there isn´t one.

Then there is Ross Brawn, genius, yet again, whenever a rule is unclear (e.g. diffuser), Ross is there to capitalize. Whenever possible.

Forget about Damon Hill being steward. The rules are clear. Forget about Jean Todt being FIA president. Schumacher is like a son to him (his own words).

It is about who Michael is and how he goes about his profession. Notably it was again at Rascasse, ironically it was again Alonso. And deservedly Michael got again fined.
2010 seems to become a year of karma for Michael - whatever he got away with for all those years, now it seems to be coming back at him. I am sure he and his influential friends will try to do everything to stem the tide. But this time I am unsure he and they will manage. These MS ways are definitely old age.

A tragedy for all his fans, and the outrage is huge. A knowing nod from those who have been suspicious of Michael´s ways for a long time.
Nothing can reconcile the two positions, both feel they are in the right. The only way is respect and tolerance, also here on the BB.

#1858 sephiroth

sephiroth

• 461 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 22:39

Forget about Damon Hill being steward. The rules are clear.

You are right the rules are clear, its clear that Schumi was in the right. Hill screwed him. It was obvious from the pre-race interviews with hill that he was out to get Schumi. He as much as said it on the BBC interview before qualifying.

#1859 sephiroth

sephiroth

• 461 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 22:41

As for 2006, now I even doubt the penalty in monaco 2006. Remember that one of the stewards that day was a spanish steward. Given these recent actions of nationalistic decision making, its clear why Schumi was unfairly punished in 2006.

Edited by sephiroth, 16 May 2010 - 22:45.

Advertisement

#1860 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 22:52

We are just after the lowest track in F1, with plenty of slow corners, and I am wondering does anyone still believe that Schumacher can't drive without TC?

#1861 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,545 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 22:56

We are just after the lowest track in F1, with plenty of slow corners, and I am wondering does anyone still believe that Schumacher can't drive without TC?

Uh, Schu proved that back mid 1990s that he can drive without TC.

Edited by George Costanza, 16 May 2010 - 22:56.

#1862 1amiga

1amiga

• 48 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 23:45

If he can't drive how did he get 5th fastest lap of the day ?

#1863 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,361 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 23:54

True on both counts!

Then there is Ross Brawn, genius, yet again, whenever a rule is unclear (e.g. diffuser), Ross is there to capitalize. Whenever possible.

Forget about Damon Hill being steward. The rules are clear. Forget about Jean Todt being FIA president. Schumacher is like a son to him (his own words).

It is about who Michael is and how he goes about his profession. Notably it was again at Rascasse, ironically it was again Alonso. And deservedly Michael got again fined.
2010 seems to become a year of karma for Michael - whatever he got away with for all those years, now it seems to be coming back at him. I am sure he and his influential friends will try to do everything to stem the tide. But this time I am unsure he and they will manage. These MS ways are definitely old age.

A tragedy for all his fans, and the outrage is huge. A knowing nod from those who have been suspicious of Michael´s ways for a long time.
Nothing can reconcile the two positions, both feel they are in the right. The only way is respect and tolerance, also here on the BB.

Good post :up:

Its also notable as it's Rascasse into Anthony Node where Schumacher in 2005 sneaked passed Rubens for an extra point on the last lap IIRC :clap:

#1864 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:03

oh man, I can't stop cleaning my die-cast Damon Hill cars this night .... hope the stickers will stick ......

:up: Hey Schumi, Up Yours! :wave: :rotfl:

#1865 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:04

oh man, I can't stop cleaning my die-cast Damon Hill cars this night .... hope the stickers will stick ......

:up: Hey Schumi, Up Yours! :wave: :rotfl:

when the appeal overturns the decision..Hill will be the one looking like a fool.

#1866 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:10

Good post :up:

Its also notable as it's Rascasse into Anthony Node where Schumacher in 2005 sneaked passed Rubens for an extra point on the last lap IIRC :clap:

Pretty sure it was the chicane. I could be wrong. It reminded me of that move too, Boobens cried! :rotfl: :rotfl:

#1867 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:12

True on both counts!

is that why martin brundle , david coulthard and eddie jordan all thought schumacher would keep the place?

TWO EX RACING DRIVERS AND AN EX TEAM OWNER...

you cant argue with that only eddie jordan can be considered pro schumacher.

brundle got his career ended by schumacher and david coulthard was a big rival of schumachers who had lots of run ins with him like at spa 98

#1868 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:22

The most pathetic part is the legion of Schumacher acolytes think it was a good pass.
Alonso had been told repeated on the radio that he could not overtake Hamilton and had to hold position. Rubens would have been able to overtake Alonso in the same circumstance.

#1869 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:26

The most pathetic part is the legion of Schumacher acolytes think it was a good pass.
Alonso had been told repeated on the radio that he could not overtake Hamilton and had to hold position. Rubens would have been able to overtake Alonso in the same circumstance.

Alonso was overtook because he mad a mistake and went wide...not because he was holding station.If he was driving slowly on the racing line,MS would not have overtook.

#1870 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,757 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:33

again, green, flag, green lights, no SC board, FIA info on monitors, and new SC rule this season. They informed the drivers accordingly. It was a valid overtake. BUT, if it was not, I still don't care, he made Fernando look like a donk, it was entertaining to watch. The penalty is joke.

#1871 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:47

again, green, flag, green lights, no SC board, FIA info on monitors, and new SC rule this season. They informed the drivers accordingly. It was a valid overtake. BUT, if it was not, I still don't care, he made Fernando look like a donk, it was entertaining to watch. The penalty is joke.

Alonso knew that any car that overtook him on the last lap would get a penalty. He wasn't defending, Karun Chandhok in the HRT could have overtaken a non defending Alonso just as easy as MS in that turn.

#1872 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:15

Alonso knew that any car that overtook him on the last lap would get a penalty. He wasn't defending, Karun Chandhok in the HRT could have overtaken a non defending Alonso just as easy as MS in that turn.

Sorry you can't rewrite history...Alonso was overtook because he SLID WIDE.It was a mistake from him. Yes even Chandhok would have got thro as Alonso slid wide.

#1873 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:42

I liked Schumacher's move. I would have done the same.
After all I like the penalty. He has now more support than ever in this season.
He's back.

:up:
Good point

Win the crowd Maximum, win your freedom. He's won a different thing all together, back to back performances from Spain and Monaco are good things, as alot of people were waiting for these races for MS to peform.

MS could of sat behind Alonso and looked good finishing in front of rosberg, Schumacher fights for a position and doesn't sit for long, he knows the intelligent f1 fans who watch his races will notice he's fighting. Alot of things went against MS this monaco weekend, blocked by Robserg/teams fault for qualifying, Alonso's tyres lasting too long which may or may not have made him more vunerable for attack-fia and bridgestones fault, and getting punished for a situation currently under appeal.

Is anyone talking about Webber's win as much....I like Webber, great weekend, but it's good that positions for 6th and 7th can be as important for f1 then the win itself at times, because their not always given attention. Schumacher is always strong and gets attention for fighting, it' why he's a superstar and why the hype on him pre season was high, this is the fighter that has gathered him alot of following. Can't win the race, get the next best possible thing!

Even if Redbull win this year, Vettel doesn't look good around Monaco, Webber's taken glory off Vettel lately, who isn't good at Monaco, Michael doesn't need it this year, he's already won alot from Spain and Monaco alone and proven his worth and admission to be a driver of qualities deserving a seat, and entertainment plus for everyone. At the age of 41, plenty of life in the old

Edited by SeanValen, 17 May 2010 - 01:45.

#1874 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,205 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:19

MS could of sat behind Alonso and looked good finishing in front of rosberg, Schumacher fights for a position and doesn't sit for long, he knows the intelligent f1 fans who watch his races will notice he's fighting.

I don't think he did what he did because he knows that the intelligent F1 fans who watch his races will notice he is fighting.
"Oh, I should do this now, my fans are watching!" "Oh, let me do this now, intelligent fans will take notice!"
Schumacher did what he did because he can't resist his nature.

He is competitive to the core, and to some this competitiveness takes more often than not the form of sneakiness.

Is anyone talking about Webber's win as much....

The reason why Webber is not talked about as much is because he is not as controversial as Schumacher. His win this weekend was brilliant.

Edited by aditya-now, 17 May 2010 - 07:24.

#1875 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:32

I don't care what happen, everybody will remember this overtake. It is in history now. Another great Schumi moment. There will be talks about this in years to come. And I am in Turkey next GP. Happy, Happy. What he lose in the end -some points. FIA can keep them. He win much more - respect.

#1876 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:58

You are right the rules are clear, its clear that Schumi was in the right. Hill screwed him. It was obvious from the pre-race interviews with hill that he was out to get Schumi. He as much as said it on the BBC interview before qualifying.

Sorry but that is rubbish. Hill said, and implied, no such thing. I very much doubt Hill had much of a role in the decision anyway as it was more about rule interpretation than a driving issue.

#1877 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:08

I don't care what happen, everybody will remember this overtake. It is in history now. Another great Schumi moment. There will be talks about this in years to come. And I am in Turkey next GP. Happy, Happy. What he lose in the end -some points. FIA can keep them. He win much more - respect.

Schumi defensive driving against Button in Spain, Button initially was upset, but later said Schumacher is dlever

Schumi overtakes Alonso catches him sleeping, the world knows what really happened.

2 champions outfoxed by the master in 2 races.

Longwheel base, shortwheel base silly silly stupid debates over the last few races comes to a dead end.

ENJOY :clap:

Edited by SeanValen, 17 May 2010 - 08:14.

#1878 DaleCooper

DaleCooper

• 2,512 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:20

Alonso was sideways in the last two turns, what was he doing, trying to crash for fun??

Obviously he couldn't keep the power down, perhaps he needs TC (just kidding, this remark is strictly aimed at Kenaltgr)? He and everybody else were racing, that much was clear. But I think Alonso's tyres were in the worst shape.

Cooper

#1879 Zoe

Zoe

• 2,717 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:41

Can you post a link for the people who cannot watch the BBC?

Thanks,

Zoe

Advertisement

#1880 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:54

Alonso was sideways in the last two turns, what was he doing, trying to crash for fun??

Obviously he couldn't keep the power down, perhaps he needs TC (just kidding, this remark is strictly aimed at Kenaltgr)? He and everybody else were racing, that much was clear. But I think Alonso's tyres were in the worst shape.

Cooper

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that even you seemingly feel the need to turn this obvious surprise trick into a great overtaking move.

So Alonso and (every other driver in fact) was perfectly fine negotiation those corners all weekend, regardless the state of their tyres, but in that last lap Alonso could only do it sideways? Come on!

The only reason he got out of shape was that he didn't enter the last corners racing, but only started to defend in the middle of it when he realized what MS was trying to do.

It's mindboggling how many people seem to suddenly believe there is a genuine overtaking opportunity into the last two corners of Monte Carlo.

#1881 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:00

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that even you seemingly feel the need to turn this obvious surprise trick into a great overtaking move.

So Alonso and (every other driver in fact) was perfectly fine negotiation those corners all weekend, regardless the state of their tyres, but in that last lap Alonso could only do it sideways? Come on!

The only reason he got out of shape was that he didn't enter the last corners racing, but only started to defend in the middle of it when he realized what MS was trying to do.

It's mindboggling how many people seem to suddenly believe there is a genuine overtaking opportunity into the last two corners of Monte Carlo.

If your behind the safety car, there's always a chance on a restart to get more traction and acceleration out of a corner. MS was warming up his tyres very well in the swimming pool section, only someone who really wanted it could do it, I think Montoya and Schumacher are guys who've done these sort of moves in the past. I think you maybe used to drivers coasting near the end and accepting the points they've got, play it safe, which is the exact reason why many enjoyed Schuey's attempt, it was brave and bold because Schumacher was ahead of Rosberg, he had a decent race, he got off the line well, made up a place, he was racey and up for it, he didn't need to attempt it, but given the opportunity, not all drivers would, he did, clear your head for a second, and think about it.

Alot of people were expecting MS to do it, remember his moves on Ralf and Rubens in 2005, he embarrissed them towards the end, he's always racing til the last corner, Alonso has to be embarrised and he'll stick with his statement, if you have a driver who is too comfortable, expecting nothing to happen, no one to try anything, it's a dangerous time, MS has done it in the past, and he did it again.

Edited by SeanValen, 17 May 2010 - 11:05.

#1882 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:00

From his official website:

"Very disappointing"

Michael backs the decision of his team

"My race today would have been pretty normal without the decisions of the stewards afterwards. The start was interesting, it actually went according to plan. I managed to have a good pull-away but then I was a bit stuck and got caught by Rubens. So I had to wait for the opportunity to overtake, and the team played it brilliantly. The crew was fantastic and thus the pitstop got me infront of him. The result in the very end today, which put me back to position 12 for now, was obviously disappointing for me, and I can fully understand we are appealing the decision. Our understanding was that the "safety car in, track clear" message means back to race - so I went for it and overtook Fernando."

#1883 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:03

Ouch. The official line from Maranello is that they told their driver that no overtaking was allowed,and teffy himself made it look as though he had let Schumacher past simply because he knew there would be a penalty 'anyway'.

If that was the case,why would he suddenly defend his line when he 'realized' Michael was beside him? Unless,of course,you think he's lying...

#1884 JPW

JPW

• 3,335 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:04

From his official website:

Very professional reaction from Michael, many of his fans could take a leaf out of his book. :up:

Let's see what the appeal brings.

#1885 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:08

Here here it was Alonso's stupid error that causes the whole thing and legal or it was a fantastic pass in a other wise boring race.

#1886 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:09

Ouch. The official line from Maranello is that they told their driver that no overtaking was allowed,and teffy himself made it look as though he had let Schumacher past simply because he knew there would be a penalty 'anyway'.

If that was the case,why would he suddenly defend his line when he 'realized' Michael was beside him? Unless,of course,you think he's lying...

Hey twisty. :wave:

It looked like a natural panic reflex from Alonso to my eyes.He wasn't expecting to be raced and when it happened he reacted on instinct.

I ask again. Will those who believe one F1 car can overtake another into that corner when all participants are racing please raise their hands?

#1887 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:11

Hey twisty. :wave:

It looked like a natural panic reflex from Alonso to my eyes.He wasn't expecting to be raced and when it happened he reacted on instinct.

I ask again. Will those who believe one F1 car can overtake another into that corner when all participants are racing please raise their hands?

When Michael passed Rubens and Ralf in Monaco 2005 they didn't expect to be overtaken either. Monaco is mentally draining, towards the end Michael capitalised on the sleepers. Amd of cource their whiners when someone shows them up like that. Alonso is hiding when he knows the full truth, just like he likely knows his teamate crashed his car for him to win China, I don't buy Alonso had no knowlege in that, he's a good lier.

Edited by SeanValen, 17 May 2010 - 11:14.

#1888 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:17

If your behind the safety car, there's always a chance on a restart to get more traction and acceleration out of a corner. MS was warming up his tyres very well in the swimming pool section, only someone who really wanted it could do it, I think Montoya and Schumacher are guys who've done these sort of moves in the past. I think you maybe used to drivers coasting near the end and accepting the points they've got, play it safe, which is the exact reason why many enjoyed Schuey's attempt, it was brave and bold because Schumacher was ahead of Rosberg, he had a decent race, he got off the line well, made up a place, he was racey and up for it, he didn't need to attempt it, but given the opportunity, not all drivers would, he did, clear your head for a second, and think about it.

Alot of people were expecting MS to do it, remember his moves on Ralf and Rubens in 2005, he embarrissed them towards the end, he's always racing til the last corner, Alonso has to be embarrised and he'll stick with his statement, if you have a driver who is too comfortable, expecting nothing to happen, no one to try anything, it's a dangerous time, MS has done it in the past, and he did it again.

I'm ot disputing that MS took Alonso by surprise, I only dispute that they were driving under the same premises at that point in time. Which is deemed the correct one remains to be seen.

Of course people enjoyed it, I fully understand that, because it brought excitement to an otherwise boring race.

But to now, with all the information we have, still try to paint it as a brilliant overtaking move, well...

#1889 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:20

When Michael passed Rubens and Ralf in Monaco 2005 they didn't expect to be overtaken either. Monaco is mentally draining, towards the end Michael capitalised on the sleepers. Amd of cource their whiners when someone shows them up like that.

Bang on. I think he was caught napping,as simple as that. That he had to floor the throttle to get the car sideways proves he realized what was happening and reacted,but it wasn't good enough.

By extension,this would also mean he knew MS would try something-perhaps the bright green light flashing just up ahead and the flags being waved switched on the panic circuits when he realized Ferrari were wrong on the radio..

#1890 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:25

When Michael passed Rubens and Ralf in Monaco 2005 they didn't expect to be overtaken either.

Big difference, they were both perfectly aware to be under racing conditions, MS just caught them napping. Alonso was under the impression that no racing was allowed. Rightly or wrongly, that's a different matter, now for the court of appeal to decide. But regardless of that decision it still stands that MS was racing and Alonso wasn't. Hell, even you could probably overtake a few cars around Monaco if everyone else was driving under SC rules.

#1891 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:26

I'm ot disputing that MS took Alonso by surprise, I only dispute that they were driving under the same premises at that point in time. Which is deemed the correct one remains to be seen.

Of course people enjoyed it, I fully understand that, because it brought excitement to an otherwise boring race.

But to now, with all the information we have, still try to paint it as a brilliant overtaking move, well...

You know how hard it is to overtake in f1, there's no dirty air to worry about in a corner like rascasse, it's so slow, it's about tyres and temperatures, MS would of had to think about it, been on the radio, done his warm up the tyres thing, be ready for the last corner, and when it came to acceleration he did that well as well. The preparation and to execute it is what made it a great move. Now Alonso would look very embarrised to lose out here, I don't blame him and ferrari for trying to make it look like they weren't aware. It was a good cover up, do you remember how well Ferrari tried to cover up Schuey's qualifying foul at Monaco 2006, everyone was on his side at ferrari to the point you almost believed him, that's what's happening with Alonso and this overtake, , there's a chance to get points because the FIA race control didn't do their job properly.

It's funny, both alonso and schumacher at ferrari have started from the pitllane in the last 2 races, and on both weekends ferrari have supported them in their cover ups. They are win at all costs types. Alonso is too proud to admit the truth in this one, probabley never will, the same as Schumacher will keep his error at Monaco in 2006 to himself.

This is what happens when all talking is done on track between hungry competitors. The talking off the track doesn't always rlelate to what happened. Alonso is too proud to admit his sleeping at rascasse. Had Schumacher been caught out like this, and someone like Hamilton or Alonso passed him, imagine how embarrising that would be, that's what Alonso is trying to deter himself away from.

Bang on. I think he was caught napping,as simple as that. That he had to floor the throttle to get the car sideways proves he realized what was happening and reacted,but it wasn't good enough.

By extension,this would also mean he knew MS would try something-perhaps the bright green light flashing just up ahead and the flags being waved switched on the panic circuits when he realized Ferrari were wrong on the radio..

Edited by SeanValen, 17 May 2010 - 11:36.

#1892 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:35

Big difference, they were both perfectly aware to be under racing conditions, MS just caught them napping. Alonso was under the impression that no racing was allowed. Rightly or wrongly, that's a different matter, now for the court of appeal to decide. But regardless of that decision it still stands that MS was racing and Alonso wasn't. Hell, even you could probably overtake a few cars around Monaco if everyone else was driving under SC rules.

Did you watch the race? Alonso is on the throttle and slides exiting Rascasse,moments after the SC peels in. If he wasn't racing and being a magnanimous loser he wouldn't be as quick or as ragged as he was from the moment they cross the SC line. They're racing-Alonso was racing Schumacher and he full well knew it. Be thankful nobody's calling him a liar for that as I believe Ferrari are to blame.

Here's a replay of the bit I'm talking about:

#1893 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:41

You know how hard it is to overtake in f1, there's no dirty air to worry about in a corner like rascasse, it's so slow, it's about tyres and temperatures, MS would of had to think about it, been on the radio, done his warm up the tyres thing, be ready for the last corner, and when it came to acceleration he did that well as well.

Yep, he probably did all that. Just as I could warm up well, get my right hand covered in proper gear, then hiding it behind my back while holding a pen and a paper in my left hand, then like that approach Wladimir Klitschko in a restaurant and knock him down. Wow.

It's funny, both alonso and schumacher at ferrari have started from the pitllane in the last 2 races, and on both weekends ferrari have supported them in their cover ups. They are win at all costs types.

The only thing Ferrari would need to cover in this case is those guys inside the team who told the drivers not to race. Alonso was just acting on their information.

#1894 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:42

Jarno Trulli just put his hand up ;)

#1895 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:52

Did you watch the race? Alonso is on the throttle and slides exiting Rascasse,moments after the SC peels in. If he wasn't racing and being a magnanimous loser he wouldn't be as quick or as ragged as he was from the moment they cross the SC line. They're racing-Alonso was racing Schumacher and he full well knew it. Be thankful nobody's calling him a liar for that as I believe Ferrari are to blame.

Here's a replay of the bit I'm talking about:

I dunno what you are trying to prove with that weel known footage. All I see is Alonso reacting when he realizes MS is trying to overtake him. If he was racing properly there wouldn't even have been any space for MS to go alongside it would have been covered way before that point, as all of them do every lap of the race. That's why there is no overtaking into that corner, ever, you know.

#1896 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:53

Jarno Trulli just put his hand up ;)

Well he perfectly illustrated why it does not work there, didn't he? :wave:

#1897 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:57

I know. I was taking the piss out of Trulli, not you.

#1898 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:59

I know. I was taking the piss out of Trulli, not you.

Sure, got that. :up:

#1899 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:00

I am dreadful at understanding the wavey smilie :lol: :blush:

Advertisement

#1900 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:05

I am dreadful at understanding the wavey smilie :lol: :blush:

He-he, I'm not quite about that myself. Does it mean "go away", "I'm leaving" or "hey mate" :confused:  ;)

Usually I intend the last meaning, like this time.