Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#19001 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:13

I do wonder what treatment Barrichello would have recieved in here had he been struggling with the tyres and complaining about it. I very much doubt he would have been hailed as a brave and ballsy man defending his sport....

The two do have somewhat different form though, don't they.

If Rubens complains then its just Rubens.

If Michael speaks out, then its someone who usually keeps it quiet making a point.

Advertisement

#19002 z2z

z2z

• 295 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:14

Schumacher visits Pirelli at Mugello > http://bit.ly/JPPRMt

#19003 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:18

So what is important? That we don't know about the inner workings of F1 or that we might find out and discuss issues that might change our view of the sport? Maybe Michael just talks because he wants different tires. But what if he is right?

Just a thought on this - it probably belongs on the other thread but I'm here now - back in the olden days drivers used to have to manage their tyres. They could feel the changing grip, use their experience, and knew when to push. Thats fine. Michaels victory in 1992 has been dismissed on this thread as 'tyre related' but the trick is he looked at his rivals tyres and used that information when deciding when to pit.

But now the cars are covered in sensors, and there are teams of mathematicians at computers working out what lap times the drivers should be doing, and then telling them what sector times to do and in some cases even how to drive through the corners to achieve those times.

Isn't that fundamentally different? To me it feels more and more like the drivers are just playing out some computer simulation of a race.

#19004 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:18

I still don´t know, why it seems to be a general consensus that MSC struggles with the Pirellis.

He was quite horrible with the undestroyable Bridgestones in 2010 and improved massively in 2011, when Pirelli joined F1.

This year he looked even slightly better than 2011 performance-wise (until now at least), even though the DNFs, DRS-malfunction /Grosjean-collision hide that in the WDC-standings.

I don´t necessarily think, that MSC primarily "complained" (it was just an one-liner in an post-race interview) because he´s (allegedly) struggling, maybe he just doesn´t enjoy that kind of racing.

Edited by LiJu914, 03 May 2012 - 17:21.

#19005 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 18:35

But do you also agree that in previous seasons one driver passes another driver just simply because he has a much faster car?? so is this artificial too?

good point!
the tyre situation right now is the great equaliser, giving teams with inferior machinery a better shot at the podium. there is something good in there somewhere.

#19006 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 18:40

I agree that Kimi was faster than other drivers with used tyres..But do you also agree that in previous seasons one driver passes another driver just simply because he has a much faster car?? so is this artificial too?

Good and bad cars is the history of F1. They can't have equal cars by the rules. But , tyres must be the same for everyone. And that it is not the case. Now tyres work very differently on each car, under different conditions. Gain of 1-1,5sec in race is big. I am sure tyres also worked differently on each car before, but the difference was not so important(lets say 0,1-0,2sec). The tyres before have bigger window so all teams can get inside and to get maximum performance.
That is the point ,tyres were not the differentiator. Still we have Championship for Manufacturers(WCC) , for the guys with best car, so when you have faster car you get award. So, this year cars look closely matched, but is this for real or just tyres make them look close. We will not know that. If we have one constant,neutral tyre we would know who is better like car and driver. This is why we watch F1 , yes? To have answer to this two questions. Who is the best driver and car. And we will not have this answer. F1 lose.
Can we go back to this guy, you know the biggest thing in F1:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Even Luca come to visit him. :up:
Posted Image

good point!
the tyre situation right now is the great equaliser, giving teams with inferior machinery a better shot at the podium. there is something good in there somewhere.

How nobody in the history of F1 didn't think about that? If we make cars equal will be better, because now we are furthest from being equal.
OK, tyre guys find suitable thread for you tyre problems. There is many.
http://forums.autosp...howtopic=166585
http://forums.autosp...howtopic=155428

Edited by ivand911, 03 May 2012 - 18:49.

#19007 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 18:42

Relax people, Michael is not slow because of tyres, Michael is going fast but not having luck.

Haters will be soon proved wrong and fans will enjoy races again and praise this F1 with some downsides but at least you don´t stay 20 laps 1.5 behind another guy. :rolleyes:

#19008 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 22:02

I have been following the board for years now but only as a silent spectator. This just might be Michael's last year and before he leaves forever I felt it my duty to add some words of support for someone I have admired for a long time.

I have followed your posts and enjoy them. You are one of the more reasonable posters.
For one positive, you add three negatives for Michael. That's just how I formulate my unwritten responses for Senna and Alonso :) Something of the self is involved when we attach ourselves to different drivers and it takes a magnanimous spirit to disparage the self when he appreciates someone hateful even though it is in small doses. :)

The self or the Self, Atonal?

Well, you being a silent spectator is a reasonable answer - and this being Michael's last season also warmed me towards him, a kind of sentimentalism if you will. What got me started were his unreasonable remarks on Pirelli - had he won a race this year I am not sure if he would have voiced forth this criticism.

As Michael's first career is a mixed affair, so is his second. Only that this time around he is not delivering. I am not sure that a Senna or an Alonso would have put themselves into such a position, and then start a lame rambling about the tires that are the same for everybody.

After all, given Michael's experience and status, this should put him well ahead of everyone else? Reading the tires and applying them intelligently has nothing to do with age, but with experience, intelligence and race wit. This is what I am missing with MSC in 2012.

#19009 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,512 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 22:58

What`s the point?

"Michael is a bit different" - http://www.motorspor...-derek-warwick/

...if you never noticed.

Warwick's story does not flatter Schumacher. Yes, "a bit different" describes it accurately.

#19010 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 00:12

MS Pole Lap Nurburg 2001

The sounds of the engine, the speed of the cars back then, and I remember this pole lap, because Williams had pretty much the faster car this weekend, they had won Imola and Canada, and MS put more wing on here, did like a meditation before his lap and really attacked this lap and race, control the race with a well earned pole, focusing on sectors, and did the inlaps/outlaps in ways that only he did in that era.

#19011 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 00:24

I can't help but wonder how some of you would have reacted had it been Nico 33 points down and complaining about the tires and not Schumacher. I sense that it may have gone along the lines of, "Rosberg should just man up and quit being so negative, Michael's adapted well............."

#19012 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 00:26

I can't help but wonder how some of you would have reacted had it been Nico 33 points down and complaining about the tires and not Schumacher. I sense that it may have gone along the lines of, "Rosberg should just man up and quit being so negative, Michael's adapted well............."

Had that happened it wouldn't have been so clear that Schumacher's only behind in the standings because of his lack of luck. See Vettel 2010.

#19013 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 191 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 00:26

The self or the Self, Atonal?

Well, you being a silent spectator is a reasonable answer - and this being Michael's last season also warmed me towards him, a kind of sentimentalism if you will. What got me started were his unreasonable remarks on Pirelli - had he won a race this year I am not sure if he would have voiced forth this criticism.

As Michael's first career is a mixed affair, so is his second. Only that this time around he is not delivering. I am not sure that a Senna or an Alonso would have put themselves into such a position, and then start a lame rambling about the tires that are the same for everybody.

After all, given Michael's experience and status, this should put him well ahead of everyone else? Reading the tires and applying them intelligently has nothing to do with age, but with experience, intelligence and race wit. This is what I am missing with MSC in 2012.

It is plainly obvious why MS hasn't been successful this year to anyone, even someone as dishonest as you. Reading the tyres with intelligence and racecraft cannot stop a wheel from falling off or a gearbox exploding, or a DRS malfunction. There is nothing more MS could have done this season and I have no idea what you're really missing in 2012, it's just sad reading your posts sometimes, you can do alot better.

Edited by D.M.N., 04 May 2012 - 08:31.
remove "No disrespect mate, but you really know how to talk complete bollocks, you're really talented at it and your posts are always as fake as the racing we're getting at the moment. " - attack

#19014 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 00:32

MS Pole Lap Nurburg 2001

The sounds of the engine, the speed of the cars back then, and I remember this pole lap, because Williams had pretty much the faster car this weekend, they had won Imola and Canada, and MS put more wing on here, did like a meditation before his lap and really attacked this lap and race, control the race with a well earned pole, focusing on sectors, and did the inlaps/outlaps in ways that only he did in that era.

The Williams faster??? I thought Schumi drove a supremely dominant car to his championships in the 2000's. :)

I enjoyed that lap. Brings back memories. :)

#19015 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 00:40

The reaction would have likely been different. Look at it this way... many of you who point this site this sort of argument will always site your own quotations, giving them credibility through reminding the discussion about the credentials of the person being quoted.

Michael's comments on tyres are far more significant than Nico's, especially on a matter as this and in the current context. Barichello was mentioned as well and how Schumi supporters would respond. You see, Barichello is in a cry wolf situation that he put himself in. If he complains, it would amount to just another of the many complaints. I'd definitely be wondering what to think.

OTOH, with Michael's experience, track record, and his almost never negatively commenting on such matters, it does draw attention.

It all starts with credibility doesn't it? I do agree that credentials are only a start. Drivers cannot see things from the point of view of the fans and vice versa. Different interests and agendas. Some fans cannot see things from the point of view of other fans as well.

Just how it goes.

But then, it all doesn't take away from some of the hyperbole here and the ludicrous anti-schumism delivered with such arrogance. It would seem that some of the arrogance and trolling points to submissiveness at the workplace? Geee.... :well:

#19016 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:11

But then, it all doesn't take away from some of the hyperbole here and the ludicrous anti-schumism delivered with such arrogance.

The exact same could be said of some of the ludicrous "schumism" delivered with such arrogance.

#19017 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:14

Quoting totally unknown Paul Fearnley, doesn't make you right. That asshole is nobody.

This is exactly what I mean by ludicrous "shumisim".

#19018 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:28

I know who Schumacher is, yet I never heard of Fearnely until now, and based on his article, lets keep it that way.

#19019 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:33

I know who Schumacher is, yet I never heard of Fearnely until now, and based on his article, lets keep it that way.

I'm not surprised, after all he's only worked for a few minor publications as editor:
Motoring News
GPX
F1 Racing and Motor Sport

Advertisement

#19020 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:43

Aditya

I thought Michael was going to retire again because of his bad neck...wasn't that what people where saying...now you say it's because of the tyres hahhaha

and juding from your post - you haven't watched any of the races this year - otherwise you wouldn't have posted such rubbish

#19021 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:46

I'm not surprised, after all he's only worked for a few minor publications as editor:
Motoring News
GPX
F1 Racing and Motor Sport

I do not follow any of those.

#19022 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:47

Michael isn't so far down in the points because of the tyres though - it's because of all the bad luck he has had

His point about the tyres wasn't an "excuse" as to why he is behind....it was a quote about how drivers like to race at 100% - not 60%....

pretty clear...

#19023 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:37

Michael isn't so far down in the points because of the tyres though - it's because of all the bad luck he has had

His point about the tyres wasn't an "excuse" as to why he is behind....it was a quote about how drivers like to race at 100% - not 60%....

pretty clear...

Michael is in a bind. His teammate won a race and then in the next race Raikkonen, in his fourth race back, is fighting for a win and lands a podium. A podium which has eluded Michael for more than 40 races. He had to blame something to explain his lack of success, so he goes after the Pirelli's. Yes the tires are an issue for the drivers this season but this was just an excuse for Michael and his lack of results.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 04 May 2012 - 03:00.

#19024 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:59

The exact same could be said of some of the ludicrous "schumism" delivered with such arrogance.

Indeed ... and your point? :)

#19025 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:01

Michael is in a bind. His teammate won a race and then in the next race Raikkonen, in his fourth race back, is fighting for a win and lands a podium. A podium which has eluded Michael for more than 40 races. He had to blame something to explain his lack of success, so he goes after the Pirelli's. Yes the tires are an issue for the drivers this season but this was just an excuse for Michael 's lack of results.

I don't think he needs any excuses and he was not making one. Any adequate person following F1 would see he's performing just fine, on par with race winning team mate.

Raikonnen fought for victory since car allowed it. MS had race winning car only and China and he was right there among top dogs till the strike of bad luck.

#19026 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:02

Michael is in a bind. His teammate won a race and then in the next race Raikkonen, in his fourth race back, is fighting for a win and lands a podium. A podium which has eluded Michael for more than 40 races. He had to blame something to explain his lack of success, so he goes after the Pirelli's. Yes the tires are an issue for the drivers this season but this was just an excuse for Michael 's lack of results.

How quickly did Lewis win his first race and why? How long did it take Kubica to win his first race and why?

How long did it take Alonso to win his first race and why?

It took 113 starts for Rosberg to win his first. Why?

So Raikkonen has already earned himself a second place since his return from sabattical. Yes, I'm happy for him too.

I'm not getting you. What are you getting at really?

Was Michael complaining about his results or about the racing?

#19027 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:03

Michael is in a bind. His teammate won a race and then in the next race Raikkonen, in his fourth race back, is fighting for a win and lands a podium. A podium which has eluded Michael for more than 40 races. He had to blame something to explain his lack of success, so he goes after the Pirelli's. Yes the tires are an issue for the drivers this season but this was just an excuse for Michael and his lack of results.

Except Schuey was robbed of a potential 3rd/4th place in Australia, a 2nd place in China (while he was slower than Rosberg, he was also faster than Button) and a whothehellknowswhat place in Malaysia (where he destroyed Rosberg) by his team and Grosjean. It's not about failing to deliver results anymore - he hasn't been given the chance to do it. Rosberg had the best car in China and is also known to perform exceptionally well there, unlike his teammate (who considers it one of his worst tracks).

The Mercedes has also never been as strong as the Lotus was in Bahrain. Raikkonen was held up by Massa for a good part of the early stage, even taking some front wing damage in the process, and yet he still had the best car that day and challenged Vettel for the win. China is the only exception, where, as I mentioned, Schuey easily had the potential to finish on the podium.

Edited by Pamphlet, 04 May 2012 - 03:08.

#19028 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:19

where has he said the tyres are to blame????
Please point out in his statement where he has blamed the tyres for his lack of wins.

and even Raikkonen said you can't compare him and Michael - due to the equipment he has compared to what MS has had since his return.

Edited by Raelene, 04 May 2012 - 05:20.

#19029 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:23

here is what he said - where is the blame for his lack of results this year?? He's a racing driver - he wants to race as fast as he possibly can, not at 80% - THAT is what he was complaining about...no blame here that I can see...

The main thing I feel unhappy about is that everyone has to drive well below a driver's, and in particular, the car limits to maintain the tyres," Schumacher told BBC Radio 5.

"I just question whether the tyres should play such a big importance, or whether they should last a bit longer - and that you can drive at normal racing car speed and not cruise around like we have a Safety Car.

"If it would be a one-off car issue, then you could say it's up on us to deal with it," he added. "But basically it is everybody with maybe one or two exceptions. And if it is 80 percent of the field that has this problem, then maybe the tyre supplier should think about that."

Edited by Raelene, 04 May 2012 - 05:24.

#19030 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:24

i think raelene laid it out perfectly for you. i've seen the tv fragment live in its original language. no complaining about his lack of success whatsoever. just stating that going around corners at 60% doesn't feel like real racing. i would have to agree. fastest race lap 4sec slower than pole speaks a pretty clear language. btw, michael had a rather good race that day, going from 22nd to 10th, patiently weaving his way through the field.

#19031 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:37

i think raelene laid it out perfectly for you. i've seen the tv fragment live in its original language. no complaining about his lack of success whatsoever. just stating that going around corners at 60% doesn't feel like real racing. i would have to agree. fastest race lap 4sec slower than pole speaks a pretty clear language. btw, michael had a rather good race that day, going from 22nd to 10th, patiently weaving his way through the field.

Equal pace to Rosberg's despite starting from the back of the grid and having to make way through a whole slew of slow cars. That's got to say something.

#19032 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:50

I just get annoyed with those that don't actually read (or listen) to what was actually said - they just have to jump on a "bandwagon" and make up sh!t

#19033 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:56

you can hear it...

#19034 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:03

I do wonder what treatment Barrichello would have recieved in here had he been struggling with the tyres and complaining about it. I very much doubt he would have been hailed as a brave and ballsy man defending his sport....

:down:

Both these posts are irrelevant and totally off topic. The topic of discussion here is if Michael has a point or not regarding the tyres and their degradation. I dont see how this relates in anyway to an assumed conversation between over eager fans of Schumacher over their reactions about another driver making the same comments. Are you guys simply trying to extract an angry response by riling up Schumacher fans in this thread ?

Edited by MightyMoose, 04 May 2012 - 12:11.
Removed: Trolling is trolling :down:

#19035 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:09

you can hear it...

I can understand Hembrey and Pirelli that they are not happy about whats Michael is talking........

#19036 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:31

that's not why I posted it - I was showing those that have jumped on a bandwagon say it's MS making excuses for lack of results - he's not - he's saying it is not enjoyable to not be able to race at a full pace.

His lack of results have nothing to do with the tyres - but to do with the problems he's had this year.

But haters will be haters I guess and not even listen and read what was actually said.... let alone comprehend it. Add that to someone here - no names mentioned -who obviously hasn't even watched the races....

#19037 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:33

I can understand Hembrey and Pirelli that they are not happy about whats Michael is talking........

Yeah, who cares. Lets focus on Michael happiness.

#19038 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:59

“It’s been a bit exaggerated,” world champion Vettel, referring to the reaction to Schumacher’s comments, is quoted by Sport Bild.

“Ultimately, we all have the same tyres, but of course as a driver you always want more grip, whether from the tyres or from the car.

“It is in our nature to want more — more especially than the others,” he smiled.

WEB>>>

#19039 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:15

see even Vettel agrees it's being exagerrated...they want more. they don't want to run around slower than they can really go

I'll add the rest for those that are too lazy to click on the link - not sure why you didn't post the whole statement :ohwell:

When I talk about this with Michael, it’s not so dramatic. He has been around for a long time and has seen a lot, also when it comes to tyres.

“I don’t think he is so easily shocked,” insisted Vettel.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain where Michael blamed the tyres for his lack of results though....

Edited by Raelene, 04 May 2012 - 08:00.

Advertisement

#19040 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,228 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:10

Exactly!

All this talk about drivers not being able to push 100%...we only started talking about it after MS mentioned it. And prior to that did we know that drivers can not push 100% because of their tyres? No, we did not..

You might have only started talking about it.. Some of us have been saying it since Malaysia 2011.. Heck I even started a thread about it last year entitled " Has F1 just become a tyre management exercise?" wake up

Edited by skid solo, 04 May 2012 - 08:11.

#19041 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:28

I stopped reading when you said that 2010 had great races. LOL.

#19042 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:30

Who have been shouting fake F1??

MS is a racer - he wants to go as fast as possible - it's actually what most racers want (I have a speedway racer in my family - and it is definately what he wants)

and weren't you one of the loudest claiming if he wasn't successful he would use his neck as an excuse to get out....seems some people have more longevity than you do and stick to what they start..

Anyway, I hope you finally get a chance to actually watch the races this year ;)

Edited by MightyMoose, 04 May 2012 - 12:19.
Removed: again aditya is making stuff up...

#19043 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,302 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:34

Yet again, may I remind users to stay on topic and not to attack other users, otherwise posts will be removed.

#19044 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:47

To those who trot out the usual brickbats towards MS:

A phony and cheat is quickly exposed, especially in a scientific, measurable sport like F1. only an absolute fool would pay a phony a fortune to drive for his team. that's why driver salaries are probably the most accurate representation of their worth and overall skill. if anyone could do what michael did throughout his carreer just by bending things to his favour, why didn't the guys at ferrari hire someone much cheaper and achieve the same results?

michael was that good, even in the 2000's.

Edited by MightyMoose, 04 May 2012 - 12:21.
Edited out direct line to Aditya-now, changed text to read a generic response

#19045 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:28

Well, I think 1950 - 1993 and 2010 - 2012 have brought up some great racing that most fans cherish much more than the comparatively bland years 1994 - 2009.

Between 1950 and 1993 there were seasons (e.g. in the 60s) in which teams even used one set of tyres for multiple races, because they were so hard and robust.
Even in the 80s there were enough races in which the majority of the field didn´t not stop for tyres at all and in the other races it was mostly one stop.

btw. I´ve not such a big problem with the Pirellis (at least i prefer it compared to the 2010-Bridgestones). But your facts are just wrong. 50-93 is way different to 11-12 in terms of tyres.

Edited by LiJu914, 04 May 2012 - 09:32.

#19046 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:46

pretty clear...

And it's pretty clear you have not read the numerous post where I have said that he's had a run of bad luck and nothing more. The point I was trying to make was I highly doubt that this debate would have been so heated had the results between Shumacher and Rosberg been reversed. My hypothesis is that if it were Nico on 2 points sans results and race wins and doing the complaining about not being able to push 100% then I am quite sure he would have been vilified around these parts as being a whiner.....

#19047 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:53

A great champion knows how to make his luck - it's part of becoming WDC. Look no further than Alonso in 2010 - first half of the season his own mistakes, final race then his team mistake. So he did not become WDC. You can always say that Bahrain 2010 was not his fault (which it was not), however, the result was Fernando's.

So something in the package of Alonso 2010 was missing.

2012: something in the package of Schumacher is missing, as compared to Rosberg. You can call it luck, you can call it the sum total of the energies invested, as in the case of Alonso 2010. Why did they mess up Schumi and not Rosberg?

It's a different case than McLaren's where they consistently mess up both drivers, Button and Hamilton. And it's different to Michael Schumacher in his glory years - whenever there was technical trouble it used to hit Barrichello, not Schumi. Now it is reversed....

Whichever way you put it, "deserve's got nothing to do with it". Schumi has two points, however he accrued them and however he managed not to collect more points.

I enjoyed all four races, saw them all, watched Malaysia and Bahrain twice, btw - a breeze of fresh air, this 2012 season! My gut feeling tells me, that MSC is going to win a race in 2012 anyways, so no worries here. Just don't like Michael's whining mode.....

#19048 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:57

So aditya - how do you think he could have made the most of his bad luck

Do you think he could have jumped out and put the wheel back on his car, fixed his gearbox mid race - or even justjumped out of the way and not get hit from behind??

Looking forward to some creative suggestions from you ;)

#19049 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:05

Between 1950 and 1993 there were seasons (e.g. in the 60s) in which teams even used one set of tyres for multiple races, because they were so hard and robust.
Even in the 80s there were enough races in which the majority of the field didn´t not stop for tyres at all and in the other races it was mostly one stop.

btw. I´ve not such a big problem with the Pirellis (at least i prefer it compared to the 2010-Bridgestones). But your facts are just wrong. 50-93 is way different to 11-12 in terms of tyres.

Whichever way you look at it, making tires work in their optimum bandwidth is what is required of a premium driver. Hard tires: heat them sufficiently. Soft tires: nurse them. Again, being in his 19th season Michael should be more than capable in doing this, it surprises me how in 2012 Nico is much more successful than Michael in handling the situation.

#19050 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:06

Yeah, Michael's lack of Jedi powers has been exposed. Something knew you learn from "fans"every day.